LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  9:18:45 PM  Show Profile
I have read excerpts from Heaven but not the entire book. I have been told that it is outstanding.

I have read many of Randy Alcorn's Books and have loved them all.

His Dad and Randy are both Pastor's here in Portland Oregon (our Neighbors across the River).
His Dad is retired now I believe.

I love everybody's Words For The Year. Fun to read how God is speaking to each of you.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  05:59:33 AM  Show Profile
A blessed SONday to you all dear sisters.
May you FOCUS on Him today and SPARKLE with joy in your DISCOVERY of His infinite love so that you can live in EXCELLENT VICTORY

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  06:47:02 AM  Show Profile
Now you have me interested, Peggy.
I am going to go check and see if our library has it.

Hoping everyone is enjoying this beautiful Lord's day. I know I am as I get ready to leave for services.
Preparing our hearts for worship.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 12 2014 06:47:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  2:37:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness.
So....this morning I went to the small church that I am considering staying with. As you know I wasn't sure but I have had conformation from the Lord this week and so was excited to go this morning.
As always the teaching was clear and relevant. Pastor spoke about what it means to "change". What we must leave behind us and continue to strive towards. I am by no means putting it as eloquently as he did (but that's why he is the teacher and I am not
I was busy taking notes and scribbling in my little journal but really perked up when his closing suggested that we ask the Lord how we can change our FOCUS as we begin our new year.
FOCUS.
No kidding.

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  5:01:24 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful for you Angie, It is great to hear what the Lord wants you to do and where He wants you to be..

Blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2014 :  5:27:03 PM  Show Profile
I just love that, Angie - SOULitude! Awesome!!! Love how you pulled all of our theme words together, too - that is very, very cool!!! And what an awesome confirmation about your theme word for the year! God really does speak to us in the most amazing ways, doesn't He?

I've never heard of Randy Alcorn, nor of the book, "Heaven" before... I'm going to have to check it out!! I may not get to read it until after homeschool is out for the year, but it's definitely on my list now! Thanks, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  11:04:50 AM  Show Profile
There are times (many!) that there is so much swirling around in my brain that I need that one word. If I can just remember that, then hopefully everything else will follow (kind of like having a little toy train at my desk to remind me to "stay on track"

quote:
Originally posted by Ninibini

I just love that, Angie - SOULitude! Awesome!!! Love how you pulled all of our theme words together, too - that is very, very cool!!! And what an awesome confirmation about your theme word for the year! God really does speak to us in the most amazing ways, doesn't He?

I've never heard of Randy Alcorn, nor of the book, "Heaven" before... I'm going to have to check it out!! I may not get to read it until after homeschool is out for the year, but it's definitely on my list now! Thanks, girls!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  12:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Angie, what a good mental picture. I too can use a reminder like that. Thank you!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  12:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Angie, that is so cool! Isn't it great to get that little bit of confirmation that you're on the right track? :)

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  1:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jamie, yes it is. I had posted a while ago as I have been looking for a new church home. And was very up in the air.
I now have a peace about where I am at.
quote:
Originally posted by SunnyJam

Angie, that is so cool! Isn't it great to get that little bit of confirmation that you're on the right track? :)

Farmgirl Sister #2504

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  04:27:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls - What's the Good Word in your heart this morning?

Darlene - You've been on my mind a lot lately - how are your knees?

I was watching a program the other day - can't remember what it was at the moment. The man was talking about the importance of Christians discussing the difficulties of the day in a positive, Christian light. He remarked where would the world be if we did not turn on God's light in the midst of this darkness? I really loved that. A good friend and I were discussing this a couple of weeks ago. She is very ill, and when she reads and listens to all the media spin on things happening in the world, she becomes very down-trodden and very angry, frustrated, and gets so upset that she makes herself even more sick than she already is. During our conversation, I suddenly said to her, "But <my friend>, no matter what the circumstance, we have to keep focused on Him. Remember HE is our salvation, HE is our king! HE will protect us and provide. Remember what happened to Peter when he focused on the circumstance instead of the Lord - that same thing wíll happen to us if we're focused on the world. And even if all these things you're worried about do come to fruition - God help us - HIS Will WILL be done! Even if it comes to dying for our faith (something she is TERRIFIED will happen), WE know where we're going. I'd rather be with Him than stuck here in the chaos, wouldn't you? Our true Life isn't here. We have a purpose here, but it's not our ultimate existence. This is just a foreshadow of the feast to come! I want to stay here as long as I can, but our ultimate Life is with Him. We can't want this life more than we want Him - that is a trap of evil. Fear is his <aka evil's> greatest weapon, but we have NOTHING to fear, really." Her whole countenance changed... it was like a light went on. She had never thought of it that way before. She admitted she felt sheepish, although she knows I would never mean to make her feel that way, and the more we talked, the more she realized she was letting evil get the best of her.

Anyhow... I digress.

The speaker in the program I was watching also discussed the importance of respecting God's anointed, recalling the story of how David had the opportunity to kill Saul and end his suffering under Saul's relentless pursuit of him... How David refused to kill him BECAUSE he was God's anointed. The speaker pointed out how much we could really learn from that one obedient act of David to God's Will... Even though Saul was behaving anything other than like God's anointed, God did choose him and put him in the position of authority he was in. Even though David didn't agree with him and was running for his life from him, he knew God had a purpose, and "blindly" trusted God, and respected God's decision without question. And God protected David and ultimately blessed him with the kingdom. The speaker went on to say how difficult it is for people in position of authority, religious or secular, and how we are not always going to agree with or like what they are going to do. But the thing is, God is the one who puts people in positions of authority, so even if it seems very wrong, we must trust Him and His Purpose. We don't see the big picture like God does. But we do know that God works ALL things together for the good of those who love Him. So we must trust. Definitely have discussions, definitely have a say and vote when it is in our power to so do, but above all trust God, pray when we don't agree or understand, and ultimately trust His purpose in all things. In time, all things will be revealed and then we will have that "Aha" moment when we understand. And when we do, we'll be so glad we trusted and respected God's decisions.

I would love to hear your thoughts on all of this - about focusing on Him <Angie - the "focus" discussion immediately made me think of you!!! :)> and about having "blind faith" and trusting Him in all things, especially despite the circumstances.

I'm walking in blind faith in a major way in my life right now, and I am finding that it's not nearly as scary as I thought, nor nearly as difficult as if I had chosen to instead follow my own will. It's actually a blessing and clinging to Him is making things so much easier for me. It's an amazing thing. It's not a cakewalk by any stretch, but you know how He said, "...my yoke is easy and my burden is light?" (Matthew 11:30) I'm discovering (Discovery) how very true that is, indeed!

Happy day, girls! Have a happy, blessed day!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 21 2014 04:46:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  08:12:21 AM  Show Profile
Totally off topic but...I love to write letters. I had quite a few pen pals but down to just a few, sorry I am boring but wondering if anyone interested. Can always use good christian ladies in my life.

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  08:16:25 AM  Show Profile
Me again! Nini I am also focusing on God in everything I do and I tell you I am so excited! It is new for me putting all into it but feels so right. We do need to be the light in this dark world and I feel that more and more each day! Isn't God great!

Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  10:42:54 AM  Show Profile
NINI...what you told your friend about focusing was spot on.

Also your story of David and his not touching Saul because he was annointed of God...reminded me of a time when
I managed a Christian Bookstore in the.Vancouver Mall. Some of the gals in my Bible Study group had been telling
me about this woman who called herself a Phrophetess. OK...I thought...not buying it but what ever. As couple years
Passed I would occassionally her strange things about this woman's Ministry. One thing that was alarming to me is
She would have members of her following....turn.over their Credit cards to her and she used them for her personal
needs and wants. And then a year or two later I heard that she told one of her male followers that God told her that he was to leave his wife and become her right hand person and move in with her. The gals (just two) in my Bible Study
Were finally having their eyes opened that this all was going contrary to Gods Word. The three of us had some serios talks about using The Word as our measuring stick to find Truth. I did not bring the rest of the group into what was going on as it would have been gossip. The guy did leave his wife and joined the Prophetess in her ministry and in
Her bed. My gals dissassociated themselves from her at this point. BUT before then they began questioning her self proclaimed authority and her going against the Bible. She blamed me for brainn washing them. She came to my Store
one day and put on this foney front about hearing so much about me that she wanted to meet me in person. I looked her strait in the eyes and told her that I had heard a lot about her too. At the same time she is reaching out to shake
My hand. All of a sudden this energy was like a wall between us...and our eyes were locked on each other.And I said either verbally or in my head...".Lady you do not serve the same God I do." It was so palpable...you could feel God
Standing between us. She turned around put a curse on my store and me and left. The two gals from Bible Study
Heard about the Spiritual Showdown...from her and then they came to me. They were all for us exposing her for
The fake she was and bringing down her ministry. But I told them "No...if A Ministry is not of God.....He will bring
it down. That is His job not ours!" They didn't nessacerly agree with me but agreed to wait and see. So, about six
Months later they came to me with a News Paper article that told the story of how this Prophetess was lured up
To Larch Mt. By the live in boyfriend (who now saw her for what she really was) and he shot and killed her and
Dumped her down the side of the Mountain. He was later caught driving her Red Cadillac and arrested and tried
for her Murder.

God allowed bad to purge And bring down a false Ministry that was infecting a small body of authentic believers.

We never have to think God is unaware or too busy to handle any situation. He is Awesome and totally in.control.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  12:34:51 PM  Show Profile
Rae - That's AWESOME! He IS Great! Great indeed! :)

Wow, Peggy - WOW! Wow! Wow! Wow!

You know as I was reading the beginning of your story, I started to think how much the Word really is our measure to for the Truth... Then as I read on, I also started thinking how much important it is and how much God really does want us to test spirits through His Word. Your story is such a perfect example of that. What a horror show, huh? I think also that one key indicator that a person is a false prophet and not God's anointed is if they TELL you that they are a prophet and if they TELL you they are His anointed... and then, of course, if they try to manipulate people using His Word. I think if people self-proclaim stuff, that is very much going against God's Word... We are supposed to recognize Him in them by their example. This lady was not living Christ, especially if she cursed you and your store! How horrible! Thank GOD we have our God, who overcomes all! And what a tragic way things played out and ended. But yes, you definitely set the right example. God did have a plan in all of that, but I'm sure she and the man, especially, were giving multiple, multiple, multiple opportunities to repent and change their ways. Just another lesson to teach us what happens when we turn from Him rather than run to Him.

False prophets are everywhere... Everywhere. I have a dear older friend who got so lost in one of those false prophets and his ministries that she chose to be "obedient" to what she thought was God's Will by sending him half of the money she received from the sale of her home (meant to take care of her in her retirement!), rather than helping her daughter who was in dire straights and in serious need. I tried gently show her what I saw as problematic, but she was convinced that this gift to this particular ministry was God's Will. In her mind, she had made the commitment to God, so nothing was going to stop her. My thought was that she could still give that gift to God, but perhaps to her daughter and other Godly ministries more in need than a big huge financially wealthy ministry (The guy had multiple mansions, boats, private jets, etc. - her daughter had very little and was struggling to raise her child on her own. it KILLED me that she was doing this!). Who was I to press the issue, though, right? We're supposed to speak the truth and let God do the rest, so that was between her and God. I knew He had a purpose in all of it. SO, long story short, the "prophet" in question ended up publicly falling from grace. Nevertheless, she still believed in him and that he was God's anointed, so she continued to support his wavering ministry. Thankfully, the man woke up, saw the wrong path down which he was headed, and had a change of heart, vision and mission. It seems that over time, things worked out better for him than it had been looking like it would. He is still in the ministry today doing some very good things for the Lord and His people. I still don't trust the guy, but that's me. Perhaps in some ways he truly was anointed, and I was just missing it somehow. My friend's daughter's child is now grown, but the daughter herself is still struggling to this day; but God has shown many mercies over the years and always provides for her. The mother also has been in continued spiritual conflict and struggle, but the Lord has also provided for all her needs in her old age. I think in her case, her heart was in the right place. She was measuring the ministry by her "feelings" rather than by the measure of God's Word; she ignored this man's outright manipulation of God's Word to suit his own purposes, and blindly followed and supported him. (I'm still not convinced he is what she thinks he is, but I am not to judge.) God loves her so much, though, and she does love Him - there is no question about that. The beauty I see in this circumstance is how much that God really did know her heart and her intentions were pure for the love of Him. He honored her for her love offering, even though she gave it to someone who - at least in my opinion - was not worthy of its receipt. If her heart had not been pure, perhaps it would have turned out a lot differently for her and her family. I find such comfort in knowing that even when we make mistakes, God really does look at our hearts in the matter, don't you?

Another good friend recently shared that he feels the truth always works its way out into the light. I have to agree. It may seem to take forever, but eventually all things are revealed in time... because God loves us just that much. God really is ultimately in control, you're right. He has the bird's eye view when we only see a limited view of our surroundings. I put my trust in Him, for sure! :)

Love and hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  1:12:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Nini and Peggy,

oh what I would give to be in the same room with you two when you Are in these discussions,
Iknow I would ger so much more from them.

Thanks Nini for thinking of me, Last weds. I was having a tooth out and needed all the prayer I was getting' because it helped me get through the extraction.

my mouth is healing well and hardly any pain. Thanks be to God and thankyou as well.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  2:55:39 PM  Show Profile
Sorry girls for all the type-os. My computer has a virus and it is hard to type on this little Kindle.
But I'm sure you.will catch the drift.

Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

proseharley
True Blue Farmgirl

96 Posts

ROSE
dover ohio
USA
96 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  08:59:59 AM  Show Profile
Looking at the The Daniel Fast has anyone followed this healthy plan?

Rose #5393 Dutch Valley Farmgirl Where rolling hills and buggies you will see.
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  09:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Rose! There was a big thing in the news last year about a church in Pittsburgh who was doing this with great success. Here is a link where you can read and watch the news report online: http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/daniel-plan-using-prayer-assist-weight-loss/nWZrb/ I think it's pretty cool!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  10:10:06 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Wow! With these discussions! You ladies have blessed me as I have read thru a few posts!
I'm not on the forums as often as I used to be. I think I need to check in more often!!
:)

Blessings,
Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2014 :  11:54:48 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Peggy and Nini, those stories are just wild! I'm having a "there but for the grace of God go I" moment.

Linda, I'm in the same boat. I haven't been able to check in here nearly as often as I'd like. We'll have to remedy that! :)

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2014 :  11:52:28 AM  Show Profile
Howdy girls!

I don't know if you all have seen this article about 5 Bad Reasons to Leave Your Church(it popped up a bunch of times on my Facebook feed this week), but since it was a recent topic of conversation here I wanted to pass it on. I can't say I agree with it 100%, but it's food for thought and can be found here:

http://www.relevantmagazine.com/god/church/5-really-bad-reasons-leave-your-church

Stay warm, everybody! And have a great weekend!

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

TeresaJ25
True Blue Farmgirl

975 Posts

Teresa
Medford NY
USA
975 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  3:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Nini, I just read your story on your dear friend that lost half of her savings to the "prophet" she so blindly followed. It is a sad tale that, unfortunately, happens often. It breaks my heart when someone you care about deeply is being so manipulated. You said in your story that the man had a change of heart and changed his mission…. did this include giving at least a portion of your friend's savings back to her? But I guess if she is the type of person that is pure of heart, sadly she probably wouldn't even take it back.

~Teresa
Farmgirl Sister #1348
Little Henhouse on the Island

http://www.SweetLambHeritage.etsy.com

Keep reading. Keep learning. Keep loving. Keep giving. Keep smiling. Keep listening. Keep forgiving. Keep praying
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  6:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
I get Thriving Family Magazine free from Focus on the Family. I opened my new issue to find this:

I don't know why I opened it to the page that I did, but on page 44 is an article titled "What fear robs from your marriage". About half way thru the article the writer states that she begged her husband to tell her that everything was going to be ok. She states that is dividing her and her husband's purpose. Although husbands can love and comfort us when life is hard, God alone is our Deliverer. Read Psalm 34:4. The Lord is who to turn to when we are afraid. This isn't our husband's job. He can't assure you that everything is going to be ok, but God can.

We have been going thru a really hard time since my husband got hurt at work last year. I have found that I have had a lot of fear. It is scary to be in that situation. But God works it out.

I think I really needed this at the time. God's hints aren't always subtle. LOL

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

www.flossesandcrosses.blogspot.com

www.morganicinstitute.blogspot.com

http://mrsroosterbooks.blogspot.com/

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2014 :  7:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Rose what is the Daniel Fast?

Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page