darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  10:16:01 AM  Show Profile
That is a good word Angie.
prayers and blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  11:33:02 AM  Show Profile
FOCUS! (On Him) Is a Great Word for 2014! Amen!!!

Mine would be SPARKLE! He has me and my Bible Study Group...that I have taught for 24 years...
going back to our First Love and revisiting what that is all about...as walking with the Lord is a
bit like an Engagement and Marriage. You are flying high in the beauty and excitement of being asked
to wed someone, you look at your engagement ring all the time just to watch it sparkle, and you can't
stand not being with or not talking to your man for more than half a day. Then comes wedding preparations
and the beautiful day you walk down the aisle to be joined to the love of your life and it doesn't get
any better than that Wondrous Day! Then 7 years later...are you still just as excited about the man?
Now that you have discovered that he leaves clothes all around and the lid up on the toilet and dirty
dishes left right where he was watching TV last night. You look down at your wedding ring and even IT
doesn't sparkle like it first did.

Yup, and sad as it sounds...we do the same thing with our Faith as we Journey with our Lord. Our enthusiasm
wanes, the excitement of a new life in Christ has worn off, Satan seems to pester us even more than before
we surrendered our Life to Christ (yeah, he had us in his back pocket before and now he wants us back).

So, God showed me that since most of my Bible Study Ladies have been Christians for years...it was time to
return to our first love and get a fresh new perspective. I tried at first to argue with God and say...
"Hey, what do you mean we need to return to our first love??? We all love you immensely and we have committed
our lives and hearts to you." But, again I must say...it is futile to argue with God because He Is Always Right.
As we got into this study we are doing...yikes, an arrow to our hearts...we really did need to return to our
First Love...Jesus! The SPARKLE is returning!!!

So Girls, Angie and I shared our Word for 2014...won't you share yours?

Love In Him,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  12:41:25 PM  Show Profile
You are so right Peggy It is futile to argue with God, He always wins in everything.

blessings
darlene

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  1:09:10 PM  Show Profile
Ah, what a lesson this is Peggy! And such a good analogy. But to know that we can find that sparkle again! Praise the Lord!
Just gotta always remember to dig for diamonds!

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile
Amen Angie...nothing should Sparkle in our life brighter than JESUS.

Hugs All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

LauraLou
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Laura
HARRAH Oklahoma
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  4:15:19 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Christian too. I'm glad to meat you all. My favorite verses is Psalms 4 and Phil 4:8. :)

Laugh often and love much.
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2014 :  5:41:38 PM  Show Profile
Laura! Welcome! Great to have you chatting with us. Don't you just love that we can dig into God's word and find such gems of wisdom and encouragement?
quote:
Originally posted by LauraLou

I'm a Christian too. I'm glad to meat you all. My favorite verses is Psalms 4 and Phil 4:8. :)

Laugh often and love much.

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  04:27:01 AM  Show Profile
Was just reading a few of the posts! Thoughts everyone shared has blessed me this morning!!
I've been hit/miss on farmgirls over past couple years. Health/life! You know how it goes sometimes.

Hoping to get on here more in 2014!

Blessings to each of you!

Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  04:51:39 AM  Show Profile
I DO know Linda. So glad you are back in the fold.
Even when I'm not on the forum, I make sure that I stay subscribed to this thread as someone will post and there it is in my in-box just at the right time. God is so good.
thread. So many times
quote:
Originally posted by prayin granny

Was just reading a few of the posts! Thoughts everyone shared has blessed me this morning!!
I've been hit/miss on farmgirls over past couple years. Health/life! You know how it goes sometimes.

Hoping to get on here more in 2014!

Blessings to each of you!

Linda

http://grannysbirds.blogspot.com/
Country at Heart
'For I know the plans I have for you......'

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  10:52:54 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Laura! So happy you're here! And glad you're back, Linda! :)

I really appreciate your story, too, Angie... Focusing on Him is A #1. When we do, I've learned that "valley of the shadow of death" really isn't so scary... We can do anything with Him!

Trying to sum up this year into one word is very difficult for me. I have several, actually, that come to mind... This past year the trials seemed almost insurmountable; at times I literally feared my heart would break and I would perish. I've never endured anything like this, and pray I never will again. Thing is, though, I truly took THE leap of faith by pressing into Him and His Word, despite what the world would choose for me to do. (The world is such a snare to our sense of justice, don't you think?) In so doing, I really did learn so much about:

- who I am in Him,

- the awesome responsibility that comes with being His child,

- the whole purpose of Matthew 16:24: "Then Jesus said to His disciples, 'If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.'" (Funny how we always seem to forget the "deny himself" portion of that Scripture passage, huh?),

- the importance of obedience to His Will, and

- the blessing of seeing the fruits by so doing...

Life is hard sometimes, isn't it? "Brutal," as one friend puts it. But what a difference it makes - what JOY we can receive - when we following Him and His Word despite everything the world tells us. It doesn't mean that everything goes our way (Absolutely not! They don't call it a "trial" for nothing, sister! LOL!), and it doesn't mean there won't be pain or darkness or spiritual suffering. I've experienced that it is actually quite the opposite on all fronts. But what it DOES mean is that if we trust Him and let Him lead us, He WILL carry us through and He WILL work all things together for our good - because we love Him, because the trial is according to His call and purpose for us, and because in our obedience we LET Him take over and work His goodness in our lives (c.f. Romans 8:28). The sitting back, watching and waiting and "trusting no matter what happens" can be so hard to our fallen humanity, which screams out to us to do everything to the opposite... Especially for someone like me... I'm a very pro-active, fix-it-and-make-it-better kind of girl. (Aren't all farmgirls this way, though, truly?) Just letting life pass by and let things unfold is NOT my way. But I did it, and Jesus taught me some valuable, valuable lessons in the process. I sat back and watched for Him in every aspect of our circumstances. And you know what?! He WAS there! I recognized Him everywhere in our midst - It was the coolest, most exciting thing, EVER! - even despite having to endure the suffering! He DID make MIRACULOUS things happen - things I had prayed for for so long, not even knowing what was going on behind the scenes. I received answers to prayer that seemed would never come to fruition... Of course, those answers didn't come in the neat, tidy, happy little package I expected... But they came in beautiful, miraculous ways, packaged with love from His heart to mine. He trusted me to have faith in Him and gave me understanding to help carry me through. He is so, so, SO good, girls. Because I chose to trust Him and believe His word, because I "let go and let God," because I trusted His lamp's light at my feet, I ended up receiving blessings far beyond that which I could have ever imagined! I'm coming out of this darkness with a renewed sense of joy and lightness; a renewed sense of just how much He loves us; a renewed sense of who I really am as His child. This trial is not over by any stretch, believe me; but I have to say the celebration going on in my heart as I see Him move in this circumstance is life-affirming. He IS that He IS!!! How awesome to experience Him in our lives!!! By stepping out of the small, focused picture and stepping back to look at the grand scheme from a wider angle, I see things as they are through the lens of His eyes. It is all so much bigger than me, than the circumstance... Although I may never completely understand, everything is starting to come together and make sense - in Him. Such blessed assurance, indeed!

Who knows why He allows such trials in our lives? I'm learning, though, that it's not so much the answer to that questions that matters as it is to trust that HE has it all under control. So, I guess when you sum up this New Year in one word, for me it would have to be "Discovery" - simply experiencing the joy in discovering just how much He loves us as we sit back in faith and watch His plans for us unfold. Being part of His Life and being so loved by Him is the most amazing thing - I want that blessed assurance for everyone! With that in mind, this will truly be an amazing a year of discovery for ALL of us, as we learn more about who we are in and what we mean to Him!

Hugs and love -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2014 :  11:23:41 AM  Show Profile
WOW...I am speechless at your eloquent assessment of your year. PTL!!!
Discovery/with Victory tagging closely behind. We all can learn from how you are coming
through this trial Nini. May we all be ever so humbled in the love of the Lord.
He is the Lover of Our Souls!

Finding Refreshment and Reassurance in your TRUST.

Love and Joy In Him,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 08 2014 11:24:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2014 :  05:48:43 AM  Show Profile
beautiful!!

FOCUS
SPARKLE
DISCOVERY
VICTORY

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

SunnyJam
True Blue Farmgirl

129 Posts

Jamie
Seattle WA
USA
129 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  12:27:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey girls!

There is so much wisdom in here it blows me away. I love the idea of choosing a word for the year, and all the ones you've shared are awesome!

I guess if I had to choose just one word, it would be Excellence. God has blessed me immeasurably, but after a couple of disappointing years I realized that in a lot of ways I've become complacent and kind of checked out of life. Like I've just resigned myself and am going through the motions. And it occurred to me - what must my non-believing friends and co-workers see when they look at me? I'm not acting like someone who can stand in the victory of Christ, I'm acting just like them!

So I don't mean Excellence in a perfectionist or snooty way - far from it! I just mean remembering that even the smallest actions everyday can be to glorify God, as if we are doing our job, schoolwork, house cleaning, errands, etc. just for Him. If I commit to something, start a project, or say I will be somewhere, I need to follow through. (And that's part of why I felt compelled to post rather than just read the thread as usual - not only to step out and join the community, but if I put my goals out on the internet for all to see I darn well better stick with them!) I fervently hope I'm shaken out of my status quo this year and get to move on to new things (which, duh, if God has not been able to trust me with little why would he trust me with much?!) but even if it takes longer or nothing ever changes I know that following the Holy Spirit in pursuing excellence will add joy and sparkle (love that word!) to my life and make me a better ambassador for the kingdom. And what could be better? :)

I listened to a wonderful sermon today that outlined three ways to make it a great new year, and wanted to share:

Daily - spend quiet time with God
Weekly - find a way to serve others
Monthly - tithe

Have a great day, sisters!

Farmgirl Sister #2504
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  1:14:35 PM  Show Profile
Excellent insight, Jamie! You're right on the mark, my friend! Will be praying for you, as I always do! :) And I love the three ways... AWESOME! Thank you for sharing! I'm going to do my best to live up to all three, myself! :) Love you, sister!!! You're the best!!!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  5:16:33 PM  Show Profile
Jamie...Excellent is an awesome word and I loved what you had to share.

And the three ways to have a great Year was Excellent too.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  5:32:38 PM  Show Profile
It has been an extremely long time since I have been on MJ and of course this thread. It is exciting to see that you have 75 pages. I won't go into the turmoil and joys in my life of 2013, but it was a struggle... many adversities from many directions. However, in the midst of the darkness and storms, I was truly aware of the Lord's presence. It seems that I was not in touch with too many Christians, who like myself were too ready to offer advise, when my only emphasis was to listen to HIM. Sometimes it is important to be shut away with him. Who knows how long that time takes. Anyway, I don't have a word for 2014, I recommitted myself to my Life Verse that has always bubbled up in my spirit, like that sense of direction when on a trail. However my Scripture Verse for 2014 may seem a little strange. It is 1Cor:12-27. (NIV) " Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a part of it." It comes to me from a judgmental spirit where I have judged my husband, children and others who may worship or see things a little differently that I. In realizing that it is God's job to direct each person I love and have judged, I can relax and really see that some of the wisdom that comes from their lips is from God. Their words often complete or answer some of the spiritual questions and dilemmas I have had. Blessings to you all.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1497 Posts

Rae
MN
1497 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2014 :  6:58:11 PM  Show Profile
I think for 2014 I am going to work on the theme simplify and grow.

Simplify my life, with God being number 1, then family. Rid life of the "stuff" that gets in the way of God. I hope to grow in my spiritual life, grow in trust that God has control and to put everything to him in prayer. I want my life to revolve around prayer and am going to work at that.

The thought of forming a group of prayer warriors has been on my mind. I used to host Bible study but my heart is pulling me in a little different direction. I would appreciate prayer on that.

Thanks & God bless you all!
Rae

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  07:38:58 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back, Claudia!!! SO good to "see" you!!! I don't think that's a strange verse at all! What a wonderful confirmation that we are all His children! It is also a wonderful reminder that we each have a unique and special purpose within His Body. How awesome to recognize the Holy Spirit working through each of us and speaking to our hearts in miraculous ways! He really does work all things together for our good - for the good of His children, His Body! I love that! You ROCK farmgirl! :)

I love that, Rae! Am totally with you! And I am praying that the Lord reveal to you the plans He has for you, and guide you! I'm looking forward to you having a very exciting year ahead, and can't wait to hear about all the great things the Lord is doing in your life! Awesome!!!

Blessings to all!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Jan 11 2014 07:40:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  2:26:12 PM  Show Profile
You all are so great, it is great to be here and read all your inspiring words, Thank you. I think my word for 2014, is LEARN. I want to keep learning what God wants me to all year and hope I listen to what he is teaching me.

Claudia, It is so good to see you back on here, take care and God be with you always.

Blessings to you all everyone

love
darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  2:46:02 PM  Show Profile
I see it has been quite some time since I have posted on this thread, but as some of you know last year was a rough year for me.
I was wondering if any of you have read the book Heaven by Randy Alcorn? Just wondering if you have what you thought about it.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7484 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7484 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  3:01:38 PM  Show Profile
Denise,
Was that book good?
hugs

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  3:31:29 PM  Show Profile
I know you are talking about a book that sounds interesting...I will look it up. I think the word I will chose for this year is QUIET. I am often disturbed by phones, texts, TV and other diversions that keep me from just trying to hear that "still small voice."

Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  3:35:16 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, my word for last year was SOULITUDE. I was (And still do) getting overwhelmed by outside noise, crowds, distraction, you name it. And yes, we absolutely need the quiet don't we?
quote:
Originally posted by buffypuff

I know you are talking about a book that sounds interesting...I will look it up. I think the word I will chose for this year is QUIET. I am often disturbed by phones, texts, TV and other diversions that keep me from just trying to hear that "still small voice."

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  4:01:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Angie, I LOVE the SOULitude. It is not only a deep spiritual truth, but it is very clever. Thank you for sharing that. I really really like it.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  5:43:57 PM  Show Profile
Darlene,
I haven't read the book but was thinking about borrowing it from the library if they have it. Just wondered if anyone who had read it had any thoughts on it.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: