Page: of 92

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  6:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Nite ladies! Hope each of you are doing well.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  05:05:53 AM  Show Profile
I listen to KLOV here too! It doesn't always come in very well, out here in my farm house, but some days it does.

I love to come read what is going on, and of course I'm interested in who needs prayer.

I haven't purchased a new devotional yet, but have looked on-line and at thrift stores.

I'm sitting here looking out my kitchen praying for the 3 car accident down on a country road that is not far from my house. I called 911, but it took forever for a Sheriff to arrive. Finally the ambulance is there. Bad accidents have happened at that corner since I've lived here and has sent the neighbor lady (who lives at that corner) to the nursing home for the last 2 years or so. The school bus will be late today, but I am concerned with the people in the accident. Gosh...just looked out and there is a second and third ambulance.

I just wanted to stop in and say Hi. We are suffering from allergies again, and don't feel that well. I'm also trying to limit my computer time and focus on other things here, including myself.

Have a blessed day!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:09:32 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening Ladies-
Just wanted to check in and say hello. Nini- as always you share such wonderful insight. Thank you!

"Thanks be to GOD for His indescribable gift!" ~2 Corinthians 9:15
Sending good thoughts and prayers to all of my wonderful farmgirl sisters. I am so Blessed to be a part of this wonderful forum and to get to know all of you!
Blessings!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  6:18:25 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
I heard a good one today on the Christian radio station I listen to. They are doing Share-a-thon now for fundraising and the moderators were talking about letting the Lord lead. They didn't realize the direction this was going when they said it until after they said it and it dawned on them. I think it's priceless!

"GOD'S POSITIONING SPIRIT" . . . GPS.

Well, I think we all know what a GPS is . . . and I want GOD'S POSITIONING SPIRIT to be MY GPS!!!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 22 2012 6:22:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  06:06:49 AM  Show Profile
Fighting with an affliction that attempts to give me grief last night. Continually having to take thoughts captive with God's word. Have to go to work today. When I finally am able to sleep. Got a call from a soul in crisis at about 1:30 am. A man I know of who has a good heart but afflicted with alcohol. Needed someone to pray with him. Told him I could pray for him but that I was ill and had to work in the morning, I get up at 4am prayed with him, he was apologizing right and left but my number was the only one he could find. After praying with him. Went back to sleep and am tired but better this am. A lesson there I think. Continuing to pray for Abraham to throw himself into Jesus' arms and not be removed.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  9:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength,
that he considered me faithful appointing me to His service."
I Timothy 1:12

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  12:23:06 PM  Show Profile
Cherime, I hope you are well rested now.

It's Friday, and I am so glad it is. What a week it's been.

My husband's neice's husband has MS and was in the hospital for a series of shots. His eyes are having problems again. We are concerned and praying for him.

It's been a long week for my hubby too. The tool shop he and his co-workers use, was moved and they lost the use of their own desks, bookshelves, and have much less room. They were in a blasting zone and had no choice but to move out. They are all down about it.

Tonight, I found out another gentleman at dh's work was laid off. A few weeks back a gentleman with 20 plus years there, was laid off. This is very upsetting too.

I found out that dd was almost thrown off her horse (always a worry, but continue to pray). Her sister was filming and her horse was running full speed into a fence, and she was trying to turn her. Thankfully all ended well. That horse, knowing her energy, may have been trying to jump it.

I signed up for weekly e-mail devotionals from Max Lucado's Website this week. Thanks for the tip on that too.

Allergies are full-force again here. We got our taxes back, and I was able to not only catch up on bills, but buy a Hoover wind tunnel sweeper. It works great! I could not believe how much dust it sucked up. Who ever invented carpet anyhow? I really want to rip it out, but we will have more work than simply putting in flooring (old farm house floors to deal with). I sure hope the sweeper will help keep us from getting sick again. I am grateful we could buy a new sweeper now (and get the van fixed too).

I hope all is well with everyone. Have a blessed weekend! Hugs!

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  3:34:34 PM  Show Profile
Did taxes and with working and collecting social security money, most of which went into making the house liveable, I owe over $1000. God is going to have to pay this as my hours have been cut and I am not making what I did. He will provide of that I am sure.
This sick garbage is a real pain. It is apparently now a sinus infection that is keeping my inner ear out of whack. But only when I lay down. A real difficult thing to deal with.
Off to church tonight no matter what a conference I have been looking forward to.
God Bless all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

laurentany
True Blue Farmgirl

3259 Posts

Laurie
Patchogue NY
USA
3259 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  06:10:24 AM  Show Profile
CJ- Sounds like a great GPS system! Much more reliable then some of these new fangled gadgets for sure!
Cherime- Hoping that you are feeling better and that you enjoyed your conference at chruch. Prayers sent for you for a quick recovery and that you continue to be a help to your friend in need.
Kristina- Glad to hear that your tax return was a good one. Prayers for your DH that he is able to make it work in a smaller space, that your DH's nieces husband is doing better and that your daughters horse behaves!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

~Laurie
"Little Hen House on the Island"
Farmgirl Sister#1403

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away..
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  07:46:08 AM  Show Profile
Ladies please pray for a friend of my childrens who is 16. Her name is Tiffany. She has a tumor in her stomach that will require surgery. Her mom finds out Mon if it is cancer or not. They are a Christian family. The mom and step dad are both blind. They live with the grandparents. Tiff has a twin brother so he needs prayer also even though no one is mentioning him at this time I am sure he is worried. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  09:41:07 AM  Show Profile

In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends. ~ Kazuko Okakura

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  10:15:57 AM  Show Profile
That is so beautiful Peggy. Thank you for the picture and the sentiment. When I was growing up, Lent was always a time of "giving up" something...chocolate, movies, whatever as a girl of the '50's and '60's. My DH durprised me the other day in a decision he had made without asking me. You see, his brother's daughter sell bunches of girl scout cookies. She hits up the relatives, and we buy a hefty lot that we freeze and use throughout the year. As Emmakate wrote us with our total, Dan told her not to send any, but give them to a Christian homeless shelter not to far away from them. (They live on the Washington coast...us clear across the state.)Someone else this year will have the benefit of those GS cookies and we will have the benefit of less calories. I was so proud of his decision, it made me glad. He told me that he felt it important to give this year, in different obscure ways that what we had before. I noticed the other night as we had our dinner at a sandwich shop, that he made the tip bigger than we normally give. We know that God is in control of other's needs and that tip may help the waitress, or she may use it for another. It has made my bit of lenten giving much more sweet...all because my husband was listening to the prompts in his soul. A blessed weekend sisters...watching it snow bunches outside!!

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  2:32:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Claudia...what a wonderful story. That was so great of your husband to bless three different ways.
Your Niece who still gets the sale, Your figures...with less calories, and the Christian Homeless
Shelter. (Its that God number 3) and He will increase the blessings like He does, through that God Given Ripple Effect. Great Example of "Self-less Living".

Over the years, we tried to teach by example that same way of Living/Giving to our boys. And it delights
my heart every time I see or hear of them passing on the Lesson. Give Hubby a Big Hug and savor that in
your heart as I am sure you are or you wouldn't have shared it with us.

Life Is Tough but God Is Good!

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  11:45:28 AM  Show Profile
Truly Claudia, great things being done. Each little candle forces back the darkness.
The creation declares the glory of the Creator. Mt. McKinley, Denali to us in Alaska.

Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  3:02:56 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"Everyone born of God overcomes the world.
This is the victory that has overcome the world,
even our faith."
I John 5:4

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  4:20:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I hope everyone is having a good Lent so far.
Nini, thank you so much for sharing! You always have such wise words to offer!
Today I wasn't able to make it to church, but this Lent, I really want to make more of a point to go to church and be more a part of my parish. I feel like I've been lacking in that lately. I also found a book at the library today, Letters to a Young Catholic by George Weiser. I'm excited to read it! I hope everyone has blessed Mondays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  4:23:31 PM  Show Profile
Thank you both Peggy and Cherime. I've tried to plan for things during Lent, but what happened with Dan was a spur of the moment and just at the opportune moment. Isn't that the way God does things sometimes..so disarming so that He gets the glory and we get the privilege. BTW, Cherime, we have a few good pictures of Denali when we revisited quite a few years ago. In fact Dan & I had made arrangements to rent a tent and sleeping bags as we car camped around lower AK. REI had hte tent but only one sleeping bag. We tried to survive with just that one, but on the trip back to Denali, Dan didn't have enough padding sleeping on the permafrost in the campground. He got pneumonia, & we spent 4 days in a hotel in Fairbanks as he recouperated.... and then moved on to Artic Circle HotSprings to bask in the sun and warmth of the water and people

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2012 :  7:56:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Hope you all had a blessed weekend!

Cherime - Sending up prayers for you!

I'm praying for Tiffany, Lea! Please keep us posted!

Claudia - That's an awesome story!

Peggy - You always post the most beautiful pictures! Thank you!

CJ - You always post the perfect Scripture to touch my heart and inspire me!

Hi Megan! So good to "see" you! You HAVE to tell me what you think of that book! I was thinking of buying it for my son, but haven't read it myself, so I would really appreciate your insight! :)

Girls - I woke up this morning with that hymn, "Eye Has Not Seen" in my head this morning, and it's been in my heart and mind all day. It comes from 1 Corinthians 2:9: "But, as it is written: That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither has it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him." It has been such a blessing to me over the years, but I really love when we sing it at Mass. For those of you unfamiliar with the lyrics:

Eye has not seen,
ear has not heard
what God has ready
for those who love him;
Spirit of love, come,
give us the mind of Jesus,
teach us the wisdom of God.

When pain and sorrow weigh us down,
be near to us, O Lord,
forgive the weakness of our faith,
and bear us up within your peaceful word.

Our lives are but a single breath,
we flower and we fade,
yet all our days are in your hands,
so we return in love what love has made.

To those who see with eyes of faith,
the Lord is ever near,
reflected in the faces
of all the poor and lowly of the world.

We sing a mystery from the past
in halls where saints have trod,
yet ever new the music rings
to Jesus, Living Song of God.

Chorus
Eye has not seen,
ear has not heard
what God has ready
for those who love him;
Spirit of love, come,
give us the mind of Jesus,
teach us the wisdom of God.

Here's a link where you can hear it performed, if you like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi33QB2znpY

And this one has the lyrics with the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRyOS0nZr7s

I just wanted to share this with all of you tonight before turning in. May it be a blessing and encouragement to all of you, my dear sisters in Christ!

Love you!

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 26 2012 8:34:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  08:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nini. I really love that one. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  6:37:28 PM  Show Profile
Those are some lovely pictures - isn't God's nature just beautiful!?

Thanks for sharing ladies!

I'm trying to figure out what God has planned for me for the next few months. I'm not sure I want to stay in this line of work, or in this town (although I do really like my life here), and I'm just kind of ..... hanging, I guess. I'm in that in between stage, where I know I want something to change, but I'm just not sure what or how just yet (especially since I more or less just decided today :p). If you could all just keep a tiny spot in your prayers for me, that would be wonderful!

Oh! I just wanted to share too, that God does answer prayer! I had a premonition this morning that it was going to be an awful day at work (somehow, in some way), and I prayed all morning before work & on my walk to work that He would just show me that He was there, that it would be full of grace & I would have patience & understanding & more patience (I work with 2, 3 & 4 year olds), & that it wouldn't be a terrible day like I had the feeling it would be. And what do you know, it was a pretty good day! Really, one of the better ones. Nothing spectacular happened (good or bad), I did have more patience (for most of the things), but it was a good day :). How nice is that to be reminded in small things that God is there??

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2012 :  8:26:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!
Nini, I will definitely email you when I start reading it!
Pam, what a great testament to the power of prayer.
Today was a good day for me. I'm trying to listen to only Christian music this Lent except to work out, and the lyrics just seem to help me concentrate better on what I'm doing. It's also, for me, a really good way to pray all the time. One of our school's little mottos for the choir is singing is praying twice, and I definitely believe in that! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  1:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"God is our Refuge and our Strength,
A very present Help in trouble."
Psalm 46:1

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  1:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Pam ...usually when I start getting those feelings of unrest and needing change...it is a sign that God is about to make a major change in my life. I will be praying for you.

I also like how you started praying when you got that preminition...who knows what your payers diverted...and you ended up with a good day. Awesome!

Megan...I love that you are listening to Christian music for lent. I listen to it every day. At home. I stream it in on my computer...KLove radlo. I like Contemporary Christian...and it just uplifts my day...all day long!

Ñlnl...loved the words to that song. Never heard all the lyrics before. Lovely!

CJ...always love your scripture text.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 28 2012 1:57:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2012 :  7:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, Klov is one of my favorites along with a local station. I leave the music on in the house when I am gone so that it lifts the atmosphere.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2012 :  08:02:03 AM  Show Profile
As always, Nini - thank you for your posts (and to all of you as well).

We are grieving over the loss of one of our barn cats. The hardest time will be this summer, when we would stop every time we'd be outside, to give him a belly rub, back rub, or hold him. I guess we never expected to lose him this early in his life, and the kids are taking it hard.

I haven't heard any updates on dh's niece's husband's MS yet. Last I was told, the shots are helping, but he was told to not drink alcohol anymore.

It's raining here today, and it's been cozy in the house. I'm working very hard at getting my routine in order, to eliminate stress. By 8:30am, I had been to the gym, had breakfast made, showered, two loads of laundry on the racks, and started the dishes. Every day it gets better, but the kids still need to work on their chores too. Seeing me clean, affects them too. I hate to dump a list on them when they arrive home, but it has to be done. If not, I can't bake bread, cook, can, etc. It just gets to chaotic here.

However, in my morning routine, I lack getting my devotional in....doing that next. Ds worked until midnight, so he's still sleeping. The house is very quiet - perfect for some down time.

Farmgirl #800

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page