Page: of 92

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  08:51:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"Strengthened with all power according to HIS glorious might, have great endurance and patience".
Colossians 1:11

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

Through my lens - http://ceejayscamera.shutterfly.com/

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com

Edited by - ceejay48 on Feb 17 2012 11:02:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  12:49:30 PM  Show Profile

"When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!" ~ Thomas Jefferson

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 16 2012 12:50:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  3:20:10 PM  Show Profile
I hope each of you are having a good week!

Thinking of each of my farmgirl sisters!

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2012 :  6:39:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! Each of you all are in my thoughts and prayers.

God doesn't have the word "If" in his words for us.
IF- means I Fail
He has - I AM = I am able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you could ask or think. Praise the Lord

Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!
Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  03:54:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm looking into a new devotional for myself. It was recommended to read "God is Enough" by Hannah Whitall Smith. I am searching our library system to see if I can get the book that way. I am about finished with the one I have now.

Have a great weekend!

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  08:33:13 AM  Show Profile
Kristina, I personally love Max Lucado. He has many devotionals to purchase or obtain from the library. He also has a daily devotional on line sent to your email address or a weekly one too. His website is: www.maxlucado.com. I like one coming to my email daily. He always provides food for thought. Hope you are doing OK and Spring is on its way. BTW, I don't think I have ever told you how much I love your name...Fields of Thyme. I love the wafts of smell that I get when smelling my small patch and when it flowers it is so pretty.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl Sister #870 @}~~
"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." DL Moody

Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  10:07:48 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
I am so happy to have found this thread. Prayers for you all for a restful weekend.

~Jennifer~
Farmgirl #3803

Go to Top of Page

FieldsofThyme
Farmgirl Guide & Schoolmarm / Chapter Leader

4928 Posts

USA
4928 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  10:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Claudia,
Thanks so much for the compliment about my name, and for the tips on devotionals. I think I will sign up for the one to come in my e-mail too. My e-mail is the first thing I check after we get back from the gym.

Thanks again! Hugs

Farmgirl #800
http://pioneerwomanatheart.blogspot.com/

http://scrapreusedandrecycledartprojects.blogspot.com/

From my hands: http://pioneerpatchworkhomespun.blogspot.com/

From my Camera: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pioneerwomanatheart/
Go to Top of Page

Dorinda
True Blue Farmgirl

1023 Posts

Dorinda
St. Cloud Florida
USA
1023 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  11:15:11 AM  Show Profile
Yes i am very Christian . I stay close to my bible . I read it every chance i get. I tell my family and freinds all the time to follow the bible and your life will be great . Everything you need to know is in the bible.

Seize The Day!
Dorinda
Go to Top of Page

Calicogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

5216 Posts

Sharon
Bruce Crossing Michigan
USA
5216 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  6:14:50 PM  Show Profile
"Cause me to hear Thy loving kindness in the morning, for in Thee do I trust, cause me to know the way wherein I should walk: for I lift up my soul unto thee."
Psalm 143:8

~Sharon

By His Grace, For His Glory

http://merryheartjournal.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  8:30:28 PM  Show Profile
I like that Sharon...very much. Thank you!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2012 :  11:11:11 PM  Show Profile
Kristina...here is another excellant recommendation for a Devotional. Most of the girls in my
Bible Study Group are using this and loving it. I have given several as gifts too. It is called
"Jesus Calling...Enjoying peace in His presence" by Sarah Young. I can not tell you how awesome
this little devotional is. You can get it at your local Christian Bookstore, Barnes & Noble,
or off Amazon.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  06:03:08 AM  Show Profile
Good Sat Morning to all!

Hope that everyone has a great weekend!
Anybody have special plans?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  08:59:22 AM  Show Profile
I too have the "Jesus Calling..." It is as though Jesus is speaking to me. It is a wonderful daily devotional that has been the perfect answer at times... so much that I have not been able to share with any other. Nonetheless...there are so many good devotionals out there.

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  09:15:55 AM  Show Profile
As an afterthought, I also get a daily devional from Rick Warren "The Purpose Driven Life." http://www.purposedriven.com/ what is funny, is that his devotionals were exactly what some of us were doing in our online biblestudy here at MaryJane. I knew then, as they seemed to echo one another that this must be what God was trying to hammer into my head and heart. You also might find it helpful. There are many archived devotional pieces. Have a good weekend. Blessings...

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  4:08:31 PM  Show Profile
I recently found a site, well a couple, somewhat inner connected.
Proverbs 31 Ministries
Girlfriends in God

If you have an iPhone or android the girlfriend in God app is free. I get daily devotionals from both and am doing a couple email bible studies thru Proverbs 31 site. Ladies, no matter age or station in life these women's sites are an incredible blessing!
Check them out!

Claudia, Peggy, I am hoping to get Jesus Calling sometime. I have heard it is a great as you both describe.
Have a good evening!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  4:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, I have saddleback church app on my phone as well! Love Pastor Warren!

Hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:15:58 PM  Show Profile
Proverbs 31 often has shorts bits on Klov which I listen to. I enjoy their stuff.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  7:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Cherime,
What is Klov?

Blessings,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2012 :  11:24:24 PM  Show Profile
Good morning, girls! Happy Sunday!

I'm not exactly breaking my promise to myself to start reclaiming the holiness of Sunday... It is 1:31 AM, and I just can't sleep, so I thought I'd just share with you...

Last night at Mass, the Gospel reading was from Mark 2, where Jesus heals the paralytic. I have heard or read this story so many times in my life, but tonight something really struck a chord:

"1 A few days later, when Jesus again entered Capernaum, the people heard that he had come home. 2 They gathered in such large numbers that there was no room left, not even outside the door, and he preached the word to them. 3 Some men came, bringing to him a paralyzed man, carried by four of them. 4 Since they could not get him to Jesus because of the crowd, they made an opening in the roof above Jesus by digging through it and then lowered the mat the man was lying on. 5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralyzed man, 'Son, your sins are forgiven.'

6 Now some teachers of the law were sitting there, thinking to themselves, 7 'Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?'

8 Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, 'Why are you thinking these things? 9 Which is easier: to say to this paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, take your mat and walk’? 10 But I want you to know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins.' So he said to the man, 11 'I tell you, get up, take your mat and go home.' 12 He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, 'We have never seen anything like this!'"

We all pray for each other - SUCH a blessing. I also know that sometimes our prayers are done in secret on behalf of one another, unbeknownst to anyone but God Himself. That's such beautiful, beautiful gift we give to one another - and what an incredible act of faith! I never really considered before just how effective our prayers for one another can be, though, until tonight. What really struck me was that the Scripture does not indicate on any level that the paralyzed man had the faith - it was the faith of his friends that Jesus recognized and honored. And when He did, he forgave the paralytic man his sins. What a profound thought... His friends just wouldn't give up on him; you could even say they got a bit creative to ensure their friend was presented before the Lord. And the Lord was moved by their faith. I just love that! This wasn't anything our priest discussed, but what really rang true for me was how effectual the faith of others really can be on our behalf - even to the point that Jesus would forgive us when we do not, or could not, ask for forgiveness ourselves. Forgiveness truly is a gift in every sense of the word, but how beautiful to know that we can ask for forgiveness on each other's behalf and trust that Jesus will do just that. I just love Him, don't you? He knows how important these things are to us. All we have to do is ask. Makes my heart well up to crying, I'm telling you. He truly is Love. James 5:16 says, "Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." I have always loved that Scripture, but today, it somehow has an even more profound meaning to my heart. Love it, love it, love it.

What the priest did go on to say about the passage, however, was how Jesus made a point of getting things straight before healing the paralytic man. What was most important was that He forgave his sins; the healing came after. Jesus cleansed the man inside, preparing his heart and soul for eternity before He healed the man physically for the present. Of course I'm paraphrasing, but that really struck me, too. Jesus knew that this man needed to be right with God first and foremost. We often think the healing and the living for now is what is most important, because it is most visibly immediate and at hand to us. Jesus, however, shows us that while physical healing is important (and simple easy peasy for Him to do for us, by the way!), it is the healing of the soul, our reconciliation to God, our eternal being, that matters. The great healing was of the man's whole being, not simply of his physical being. Jesus never does something half-baked, He doesn't just dabble in a little bit of happiness hear and there. He's about our whole being - our insides and outsides; our eternal life. And the thing is, when Jesus healed the paralytic physically, it was so simple. He simply told the man to "take up his mat and go home." There was no pomp and circumstance when it happened, no mission assigned. He just healed the man and told him to go home. He was to go on living his life. I had to think about that for a minute. The healing came after forgiveness. So the man was fresh and clean inside, and then made physically whole on the outside. All he needed to do from that point was live. Jesus didn't tell him to change his ways, nor did he tell him to go out and preach the gospel. He didn't instruct him to do anything but go home. Jesus knew what this healing would mean to this man, and what would be communicated through his healing to those around him; and that's all that mattered. What an awesome door-opening that was from the Lord. Go home. Go home, and live. Can you just imagine how that man lived after having all of this done for him? I'm sure out of his heart, out of love for God and profound gratitude for all God had done for him, this man spread the good news, gave people great hope in Christ, and lived an amazing life from that day forward. And let's face it: even if he said nothing - did nothing but exist the amazing healing he received would in itself speak volumes about God's love for us. Like verse 12 says, "He got up, took his mat and walked out in full view of them all. This amazed everyone and they praised God, saying, 'We have never seen anything like this!'" I mean: Can you say "AWE-SOME!!"?

Oh, what a Mighty, Loving God we serve! Amen? Amen!

Have a blessed day -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

www.papercraftingwithnini.myctmh.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  12:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Nini...right on sister! God cares about the inner healing first. The reconciliation of man back to God was Jesus purpose on this earth. The outer healing of the body was frosting on the cake so to speak. It was the outward miracle that other people saw and were witness to....but the greater miracle was what took place on
the inside of the man. To me that is the greatest miracle in all the World...that Jesus can change the human heart( mind and will) and reconcile sinful man to The Father that is standing there with open arms
to receive him back. Thank you dear heart for sharing...what God revealed to you afresh today. It is so
reassuring to know that our prayers for our fellow sisters (and brothers and the lost and the hurting) are not just empty words...but they have spiritual power to make a real difference in someones life. "The effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much." Amen! and Amen!! Don't you just want to dance and shout,
how great our God is? Hi Marvelous and Wonderous Deeds are Amazing!

Claudia...I think you and I like to listen to many of the same spiritual leaders of our time. I love Max
Lucado, I love Rick Warrren, I am also a huge Beth Moore follower and teach her studies.

Linda...I also like Proverbs 31 and Girlfriends in God.

Isn't it exciting to have Christian Sisters to share The Word with, to pray for and to encourage. I love
being one of God's Daughters. What a rich rich blessing He has given us in one another.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 19 2012 1:30:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

smiley
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

lea
pea ridge arkansas
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  06:51:54 AM  Show Profile
Nini that is so true. I think it is easier to exercise our faith when praying for others than it is when we pray for ourselves also. Good point. I had a funny thought sisters as I read the posts with excellent devotional ideas it came to me" we have Nini" It takes time to share all of the teachings and God not only blesses you for it we get blessed by it also. I guess what I am getting at is I appreciate all of you and your willingness to share your experiences with our Lord and His word.Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2012 :  09:10:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh my goodness, ladies!!!! Again and again you bless me here!!
Nini- all you shared and how you shared it!!! Thank you so very much!!

Lately, I have just been so reflective inside, reflecting on my life, family, the world, people?!
Maybe too much, as people and so much 'hate' talk that goes on is just really hurting me inside.
It's time to get quiet, reflect on God and His love.

Oh ladies, He loves us so very much and wants us to be whole, absolutely from the inside out!

So enjoy sharing with you ladies!

God bless your day!!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2012 :  07:49:25 AM  Show Profile
K-love is Christian radio http://www.klove.com/ they have satellite stations all around the nation and you can listen on line as well.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13564 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13564 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2012 :  05:50:01 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
"I will declare that YOUR love stands firm forever,
that YOU established your faithfulness in Heaven itself."
Psalm 89:2

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly