Ca-Reds
True Blue Farmgirl

124 Posts

kristy
Clearlake Ca
USA
124 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  05:19:49 AM  Show Profile
I am a christian and proud of it! Have a blessed day...

"Plan ahead, it wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark!"
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  07:00:22 AM  Show Profile
Colossians 2:9-10, "For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority." (NIV)

I posted this on the scripture thread too but I thought it was very fitting to the discussion here

Blessing to all. Go and be filled with joy.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  10:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Just wanted to share with all my christian farmgirl sisters...there is a wonderful giveaway just posted on my blog...a friend with a generous heart and giving spirit wants to bless someone. She is so talented! When you get to the blog, check out her shop, it is adorable! Please come and enter...you will be blessed!

www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com

Michelle
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  7:33:59 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Michelle! There are bad things that go on in the Church, I'm not going to try and tell people that they don't, but there are so many good things that go on too!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  08:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Yes Kritina I am a Christian ... glad to see so many posts

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13556 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13556 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2011 :  10:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message
Tamara "grammytammy" . . I WILL BE praying for your Africa trip.
Keep us posted!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665

From my Heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

From my Hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

From my Hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2011 :  8:13:37 PM  Show Profile
So keeping in Tammy's theme of mission work, which by the way, Tammy, have a wonderful time and I will be praying for you! I want to take a mission trip next summer. I don't know where, I just know I want to take one!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

prayin granny
True Blue Farmgirl

1874 Posts

Linda
Kansas
1874 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  10:33:38 AM  Show Profile
I used to love the missions trips my youth group went on when I was in high school soooo many years ago. Missions is so important.

Blessings, Linda

www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Country at Heart
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  11:04:31 AM  Show Profile
You have probably heard enough of this subject, but I have felt strongly about this for days and days...Charley Sheen. I hear so many negatives and putdowns that it is nauseating. I have felt pity. This man has been troubled..forwhat reason, and when others get into prostitution, drugs, alcohol abuse, etc. etc... we as Christians are to pray for them. We call those atrosities...sin. We are not without sin ourselves, but this man...and his kids...and his multi wives need Jesus. The Word says that if 2 or more pray and agree on anything that the Lord will hear and answer our prayers. It is God's will that God be glorified in this situation..and it seems as though it may take a miracle. Will you join me in agreeing and in prayer that Charlie Sheen be rescued from his demons and be brought to the foot of the cross? I believe this group...us Christian farmgirls can make a difference in the world even from our own homes. Game?

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  11:46:33 AM  Show Profile
Claudia consider him added to my list I have enjoyed his work in the past and really do feel sadness when I see him in the state he is. I also pray his family comes along side him at this time.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  11:52:58 AM  Show Profile
Mari-lyn

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  1:22:33 PM  Show Profile
Tammy - I will be praying for you and your missions trip, too! That is such an awesome thing you're doing! Kudos!!! And Megan - I'll be praying that the Lord guides you in finding your direction, too. Remember - missions can also make a huge impact right here in our own back yards, so please don't count that out, sister! ;)

You know, Claudia, I am completely with you on this. Last night my husband and I watched Charlie Sheen's interview in horror. It's like Charlie isn't in there anymore, and some weird demonic presence has taken over instead. It's horrifying. I have been praying for him for a while, and will absolutely continue to do so in agreement with you and the other girls! I think that's absolutely wonderful that you have suggested it! I also pray for Robert Downey, Jr. - have been ever since I was a young woman in my 20's! It's funny, but when you pray for someone like that, over time you begin to feel that you are praying for family, in a sense. We may not know them, but the fact is we're all God's children - we're all "family." We really need to lift everyone up in prayer. It's amazing to see God working through our prayers - miracles happen!

Did anyone happen to watch the 700 Club all last week about life after death? The stories were incredible. I actually have been given books by two of their guests by friends over the past few years. Their descriptions of Heaven and hell are... I don't even have the words. But I will tell you, I in no way want to risk going to hell, and I surely don't want anyone to be there - not anyone. I can't help feeling, though, that there have been many people in my life who have passed who may not be in Heaven, and that absolutely horrifies me and breaks my heart; it's unbearable to consider. My priest encourages us, though, that we must trust in God's eternal love and mercy; we never know what transpires between a person and God in that final transition. But I want to "know" my loved ones are saved, you know? I think that is why it is so important we become firm in the Word, great women of faith, fervent prayer warriors and "salt and light" in our walk. We just need to try to do our best, doing it all for Jesus's sake, and, like my priest says, trust God for the rest - just like the sower of seeds in the Bible.

Oh, how I pray for this world! Isn't it just unbelievable to see what's happening right now? So much chaos and unrest! I keep thinking, "birth pains... birth pains..."

Hugs -

Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  7:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Amen to praying for Charlie Sheen! I remember reading People magazine a few years ago, and how he and his wife Brooke Mueller were so happy about their twins, and now, where did that glowing couple go? Maybe their marriage has to end in divorce, but I don't think Charlie needs to rest on the crutch of drugs and alcohol. I pray that he finds a positive outlet for his emotions instead of just taking the easy way out with drugs.
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  7:55:43 PM  Show Profile
My heart just hurts when I've seen the changes in Charlie Sheen. I agree that he and his family needs prayers, He has been given great talents and is throwing it away. The look in his face is scary, as I agree with Nini that its like he's not in there. So many of the stars reaches this point which is so sad. Maybe all the farmgirls prayers will make a differance. He had a beautiful family at one time, if only that could be enough for him and he could see how blessed he was.
Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2011 :  9:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi girls! Although this doesn’t exactly apply to our discussion Charlie Sheen, it kind of does - in a small way. Most of what I have written was written Sunday after church, before Charlie Sheen’s deeper exposure to the masses by the media, so I’ve added a few pertinent references to him where it seemed applicable.

I had mentioned the other day that our priest’s sermon on Sunday was really excellent - about judging others. He provided a lot of insight about the subject that really weighed on my mind. One thing that really struck me was when he said that if any of us were given a list of people that we have seen on television (politicians, stars, criminals, etc.), each and every one of us could probably go down the list and mark those we like and those whom we don't without even batting an eye. But he pointed out the fact that we truly don't know these people at all. What we do know is the "gossip" that we hear through the media, and then we form our opinion based on that hearsay, but we truly don't know these people at all. Anyone can put any twist on any video or voice clip, or throw a spin on any picture or document. Anything can be inferred into any situation. A lot of times we don't even bother to investigate what we're being told - we simply open our mouths to the spoon that is fed to us. (In a twisted way, this was one of the messages I was hearing Charlie Sheen saying in his interview.)

Sometimes we listen to these people in the media and take their word as "gospel," but we don't even know the people who are telling us these things (let alone how “gospel” the facts they are sharing truly are!). I mean, how do we know the true integrity of these people, and what their personal convictions or agendas are that cause them to report something in a particular way. That's very dangerous, if you think about it: how do we know we are not being led by evil?

I never really deeply considered it in that light before, exactly. I mean, I have strong opinions about certain issues, and I think I'm pretty smart about recognizing wrong from right; but I truly have formed an opinion about someone depicted by the media before, without truly ever having known the person, and certainly without ever having "walked a mile in <his or her> shoes." I honestly never thought about that as "judging" before - but it most definitely is. I personally try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and wait to hear the whole story before forming my opinion. Usually, though, I hear something on the news and just take it as truth; or, sometimes I just ignore what is said because it doesn't affect me personally. I felt really convicted knowing that I, too, have been guilty of "judging" through the eyes of the media.

At one time or another we've all experienced that kind of subtle or even blatant kind of judgment against ourselves. When that happens to me, I get so deeply offended in my heart - deeply hurt - by the injustice I've experienced. Can you imagine what it would be like to have something spread about you in the media like that? People would form their opinions without having all the facts, without ever asking you directly about something they heard, or without ever knowing you at all. You would be the subject of gossip, hearsay and public opinion - judgment having been passed. The “judges” would act with an air of superiority over your demise, and you would be left unheard, un-believed, defamed and deeply injured. As a society we all do that every single day. That's pretty sinful stuff, really, when you think about it.

My next thought was: do we ever really think about the hearts, minds and souls of these celebrity "victims?" These are God's children, too! Sure, some would say these people kind of have it coming because they "put themselves out there," like they do. But for us, as Christians, the response is truly, "No. That's wrong." We aren't supposed to think like that. We’re supposed to recognize their situation for what it is and pray for them. Claudia, God love and bless you, you pointed this out most eloquently when you called for us to pray for Charlie Sheen.

This all makes me think about the Book of James and his discussion of the power of the tongue - we succumb to that power every day, even in the smallest of senses, you know? And when we do so in a negative manner, we're getting caught up in something evil and antithetical to our Father's will. We are allowing the power of the tongue to destroy, maybe not for a person that is physically in our lives, but we certainly do a number on people we see and hear about in the media. Some of these people, like Charlie Sheen, are truly lost, and we are snuffing them out spiritually by accepting and perpetuating this judgment call on the part of the media. These "victims" are "falling" spiritually because of our sinful perpetuation of this kind of thing. And we are thus "falling" for the media hype - you know what I mean? That's not to say that we shouldn't call "wrong," "wrong," or "right," "right;" but it is to say that we should "judge not lest we be judged," you know?

Our priest's a pretty keen man of God; his sermon was pretty profound, I think. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  07:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Now that I have suggested prayer for Charlie Sheen, I thought I would recommend this site that comes to me each day. the name may be misleading. It is not political per se. It is NOT one particular political party, but it is a group that has been around for a very long time and asks for prayer for various issues that pop up daily. It has a daily devotional at http://www.presidentialprayerteam.com/devo . Anyway, there are things to investigate at this site and God knows that our country needs prayer

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  08:31:52 AM  Show Profile
Nini...now that I have put out that Presidential Prayer site...before I forget it, I would like to comment on your last posting here. I am definitely not as eloquent as you, but I wante to say THANK YOU! I think that your priest is right on in his sermon, & I think you would have come to that decision yourself. In my old Catholic background, we learned diligently The Ten Commandments. It seems that I hear alot that "since we are not under the law, but grace," that the commandments are not that important anymore. Jesus says that not one jot or tittle will be removed from the law. They are the plumbline, by what we can measure our heart and attitude. One of the laws (command-ments) that pertains to what you speak is #8 for me (Catholic numbering). "THOU SHALT NOT BEAR FALSE WITNESS AGAINST THY NEIGHBOR." Jesus explained a neighbor extended to everybody really. I think part of that command is.. thou shalt not HEAR false witness. As Nini said...it colors our thinking, makes us judge another, when God has said that He is the Judge of anothers heart. He would repay. Listening to some of the "he said...she said.." may even get us off the track on our own personal walk with Jesus. In revelations, it is written several times..."he who has ears to hear..." well...are our ears stopped up with anothers gossip? way of thinking? not being open-minded enough to "hear" what the Holy Spirit might be really saying to us. As I posted in special scriptures..."God says, For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways," declares the LORD. Isa 55:8 We just don't know enough to judge, but we most certainly should know enough to pray.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2011 :  10:23:47 AM  Show Profile
You rock, Claudia! :) You know, you're absolutely right! Bearing false witness definitely pertains to this situation. If you speak about something without having first-hand knowledge or all the facts, you really are bearing "false witness." Excellent, excellent point.

You're spot on about grace and the law, too. It is because of the joy of our salvation in Christ that the law is no longer a yoke of burden - it is the delight of our hearts to follow His will for our lives! Through grace we gain insight into the wisdom of the law, and that brings us great joy! Our Father loves us SO much that He gave us the keys to help us live our lives to the fullest! We are filled with the joy of the Lord in following this wisdom more freely as beloved children of God - children of Light. We are no longer rebellious, children of darkness who do not understand and cannot find the joy in God's gifts. In their darkness, the law serves as condemnation; they consider it not as wisdom, but rather as punishment; restriction; denial of deserved self-pleasure. To me, that sounds a whole lot like the temptation the serpent presented to Eve in the Garden of Eden.

This is not to say we are crushed when we fail to live up to the law, though; for grace covers us so that we can boldly come to the Father as His beloved children, without fear, ask for His forgiveness and seek help through Christ in order to live in His love without condemnation. We have no fear of our Father or His law BECAUSE of Christ. Sometimes though, even though we know we are forgiven and that we are in communion with our Father, we can still feel the pain of the sin we have committed against God. That's a tough one for me sometimes. But we should NEVER confuse that feeling as if it were "guilt" imposed from above! NO! I love how St. Teresa of Avila put it, "Sorrow for sin increases in proportion to the divine grace received, and I believe will never quit us until we come to the land where nothing can grieve us any more." Isn't that beautiful?

We also recognize that His abundant grace most certainly does not give us free range to do whatever we want, either. If that were the case, we'd be prone to live in utter chaos, which is not of God. Our Father has higher standards for us than those which the world holds dear. Through our example others will be drawn into the fold. If we don't set the example, who will?

It's amazing how man is able to twist and contort Scripture to justify his ways vs. the truth of God's ways. We really do need to be careful about that. We always need to remember that Jesus Himself quoted Deuteronomy 6:16, "Thou shalt not test the LORD thy God!"

Hugs and blessings - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  7:39:37 PM  Show Profile
Nini and Claudia, this is kind of relevant to me right now because in Wisconsin, we are facing a lot of political debate. I'm hearing so many different things that it's hard to recognize the right and the wrong. That can be applied to daily life as well. We need to have all of the facts before we start talking about someone. We watched the movie Mean Girls in our theology class to show how terrible spreading rumors and doing things for the wrong reasons can be detrimental to a person's life and reputation. That can definitely be applied in everyday life!
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2011 :  8:00:15 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I so agree with you. I have heard both sides as far as Wisconsin and I won't even comment on it as I don't know all the FACTS..just what I hear on TV. It is a troublesome world and I think we can clog up all our lines from God listening to all these other voices that are only delivering their opinions...not facts. Used to be that tne news was the who what when where why and how. Anything else was speculation. It is hard to stay out of the fray, so I applaud you for bringing up another reminder that is current in which we must be careful. Blessings to you/

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2011 :  2:30:36 PM  Show Profile
Blessings to you Claudia:)
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Gil Ann Farmgirl
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Darline
Gillis LA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  6:39:03 PM  Show Profile
I am a believer in Christ Jesus.
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psa. 19:14

http://www.dlpknittingale.blogspot.com

Gillis Farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  8:03:36 PM  Show Profile
Megan...I'm a little slow on the uptake, but just reading your gift of blessings is in a place where I and those about me are really in need of blessings. As Darline said..."may the words of my Mouth"....I so appreciate the words of your mouth... and ask that God use them in the trials of my family and friends. Just to let you know a little...3 friends are battling breast cancer, 1 friend just having a prostatectomy for cancer, and just got news that my DD FIL has abnormal fluid both inside his heart (abnormal pressures) and outside the heart in the pericardium (sac that surrounds the heart). Not good. I am sure that our situation is not ours alone. May God find all our prayers, blessings and the words that we speak acceptable in His sight. May we be found acceptable because of His Son Jesus. Many blessings to you all.

Edited by - buffypuff on Mar 18 2011 8:06:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  8:34:10 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Darline! Welcome!

Oh, Claudia - I will be praying for you and your loved ones. That is just so hard. God is loving and God is merciful - we just have to hold onto that.

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2011 :  8:43:14 PM  Show Profile
Amen Nini! There is a saying that says the tough times makes us strong. Don't see how that can happen without the Lord..we just become hard without Him. Think this is the "contrite" time. ;0)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page