buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  12:45:12 PM  Show Profile
I've posted a new thread called "Special Scriptures." I would like any of you to contribute if you would like. The theme is to post a scripture verse that they felt was special to them for the day, and if possible, give a short reason it was special. You don't have to post everyday, but the purpose of this thread is to spur us on to read some scripture daily. There are also times that when we read a particular verse, it is a deep deep touching by God that is meant only for us...and not to share. Please hold those dear in your heart, and mark them or record them in your own journal. But for the rest, it just may build anothers faith besides our own...and you know "that faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God." (Rom 10:17)

This is not a time for us to necessarily comment on another's post because what makes it special is what God is doing in ones heart. We can just feel free to read, and "hear" what God is saying to another. Thanks for reading.

Buffypuff/ Claudia ~ Farmgirl & Sister #870 ~
"It compliments God to ask great things of Him." ~ St. Theresa of Avila

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  1:14:37 PM  Show Profile
I love your new thread, Claudia! Thank you! Hugs - Nini

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2011 :  4:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Claudia what a wonderful idea! Hugs,Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  12:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Claudia, just to follow up on your post on Bible verses, I just want to share a quote that I love. It was said by Mother Teresa, and I want to live by this from now on:
"Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great love." No matter what I do, as long as I do it with love, it will make a difference!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2011 :  12:48:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Megan. I love that. Sister was one of my favorites. Some of her order are living in Spokane WA, not far from my Mom. They have a street ministry to a particular hardened area of Hillyard, a north section of Spokane. Please continue to add to our scriptures, as sometimes the Lord is telling us all something similar...trying to get His message across. I learn so much from what each of you share!

Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  1:45:25 PM  Show Profile
Yes! I am proud to be a follower of Christ, and I know that there are many more Christian farmgirls around here. Blessings on you and your family! :-)

Farmgirl Bre
"...that my glory may sing praise to you and not be silent, O Lord my God, I will give thanks to You forever." Psalm 30:12
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  1:53:18 PM  Show Profile
Breanna, I for one have not met you before that I know of. Welcome! I know that we all will be glad to hear what you would like to share. BTW, where is Parker?

Go to Top of Page

sunflowercritters
True Blue Farmgirl

1102 Posts

Debra
Springfield Maine
USA
1102 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  6:43:26 PM  Show Profile
I love the Lord as well. I also put verse, treasures from the Word of God on my blog as well. Love to just encourage others and bring others to the Lord.
So glad to see so many that love the Lord as well on farmgirl site.
May God Bless you all.
farmgirl sister Deb

I Thessalonians 5:16,17
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

http://sunflowercritters.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  8:24:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone! I am a christian farm girl who's raising "little" farmgirls! Hope to get to know some of you here!!

Michelle

www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  8:30:29 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michelle....welcome. Where do you live in central WA. I live 16 miles north of Spokane. Welcome again. some wonderful ladies here.

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2011 :  9:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Michelle from another Washington farmgirl!
Hugs,
Hannah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl, farmgirl,loggergirl, trying to live her dreams. :)

P.s. I've been playing around with the spelling of my name ( weird I know) and I've decided that I will stick with Hannah for good. Sorry I got you all confused. Hugs!!
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  07:30:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi girls! 'So glad you've found us, and so glad to "meet" you!

I was watching a religious program this morning while my husband was getting ready for work. A comment was made that one way evil will creep in and take us over is by paralyzing our free will. At first, I thought, well that'll never happen in America. But then I started to seriously think about it a little more deeply. We live in a wonderful country that boasts - prides itself - for its freedoms... freedom of choice, freedom of speech, freedom of the press, just to name a few... "free will," if you will... Then I started thinking about all the pressures of "conformity" we have as well - right down to something as simple as the the way we perceive (and even judge) people and things as portrayed in the media (Our priest's sermon at Mass on Sunday was excellent - about judging others. I'll have to share that with you later, too - it was really good.), or the television programs we watch, or "political correctness" in speech and even in thought, or the clothing styles we wear, and even the restaurants and stores that we "choose" to patronize. A good friend of mine always laughs and says America is one big chain store - until this morning, I kind of laughed with her. Now I'm not thinking it's so funny. Evil creeps in in the most subtle of ways to enslave us, as we all know; but do we always recognize it? Do you also see the way the subtle way our "free will" is being attacked through the way we are "guided" into certain ways of thinking and choices we make? Did you ever really consider it on a more spiritual than political level? In what way do you see all of this as subtley swaying our hearts and minds from that which is the will of God? I've always been one to make my own choices, even when they went against popular thought and opinion. And we do have the "free will" not to choose a lot of what is fed to us, of course! But I find it very interesting to step back and look at the big picture. It does seem very "anti-Christ" in spirit, to me, and a lot moreso than I have recognized it to be in the past. Just wondering what you all think. There was a lot more discussed in the program that I'd like to share at some point, but this was the one that struck me most.

What are your thoughts? - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

Edited by - Ninibini on Feb 22 2011 07:32:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:11:27 AM  Show Profile
Now thats an eye opener That makes a person think. I am counting the days till I get rid of our cell phones I completely feel they are evil and giving that much of Gods money to a company that I dont even know if they are christian is breaking my heart so no more cell phones. It may sound crazy to some but this is a heavy issue on my heart so the phones are gone.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  08:41:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi Nini. I know that you may be thinking of different subjects, but 2 general things came to mind for me. I'm sure most know about the frog in the warm water in which the heat is gradually increased, & because it is so gradual, the frog doesn't notice...until it is too late and the water becomes boiling. That frog's goose was cooked. I think about the 60's when I was a teen. Archie Bunker came on...cutting edge disrespect of others among other things. If one looks at what TV was like then with that show, and what is now...we have become way too accepting under the "freedom" of speech. The other thought goes hand in hand with that. I was reading my Women of Faith daily devotional. Several days ago the contribution was by Thelma Wells on "WWJD." The point was that everything that came out of Jesus' mouth and the teachings He gave, are the plumbline as to how we are to live. Because of Jesus' death and resurrection, if we believe in Him, we are also not under the "law" but under the Spirit's protection to guide us and learn...if we only would take our concerns to God and listen for His directions in however He chooses to tell us. It is a process. We are not under bondage, as long as we choose not to become bound again. Hope I made some sense.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:00:37 AM  Show Profile
I don't think it's so crazy, Mari-lyn. I mean, if you feel God is pressing something like that deeply into your heart, then you should listen. Who knows why He is pulling you in that direction? It could be for a reason much deeper than you surmise. Trusting in Him and where He leads you is what's important.

I know what you mean about giving money to organizations whose actions and beliefs are antithetical to the Word of God...that is one thing that really bothers me, too. But it seems kind of unavoidable; it's everywhere, really - even in our own government, where our money is spent everyday on things that make my hair stand on end. We can't stop paying taxes, though. We need to try to change things by having our voices heard. I think as far as where our money goes, we just need to be mindful of not directly and outright supporting or contributing to any institution that directly harms our country or violates our God and Christian principles. "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's." I don't think that Jesus meant that we should perpetuate Caesar's agenda, of course. But what is most important is what belongs to God - us. I think if we had to examine and pick each business apart, we'd probably end up very financially wealthy people, you know? Because there'd be no one with whom we could morally conduct business! LOL! That's part of living in a sinful world. You can't escape it, but you can try to avoid it at all costs. :)

I guess the thing we need to remember is that Satan comes as an angel of light. Those scarey horrific depictions of him in the movies are probably as far off from his actual appearance as they could be. We're wary about his terrifying darkness, but he hides himself in light, and I think a lot of times he comes instead in ways that seems wise, helpful or beneficial; he appeals to our pride, arrogance, and human "wisdom," you know? Sure, what he DOES and prompts us to do is that ugly and dark and horrifying; but in reality, he comes in ways that are quite appealing to man. It's his great deception to disguise himself in something that seems good, you know? Behind that facade, he's diabolical. We just really have to be alert and exercise our "spiritual x-ray eyes" to see him. And surely our spiritual "oil lamps" outshine his deceitful "light" and will expose the truth of his darkness standing before us. We just have to be sure to keep them well-filled and at the ready! :)

Blessings to all in Christ Jesus -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  09:02:20 AM  Show Profile
Those are excellent points and examples, Claudia! Excellent! You are absolutely spot on! Thank you!!! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

katalind
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Kathy
Chapin SC
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:04:06 PM  Show Profile
I'm a Christian.
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:17:18 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Kathy. Jump right in if you would like.

Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  4:56:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Kathy! Welcome! There are a couple of Bible studies here on the Farmgirl Connection that you might really enjoy, and Claudia's new "Special Scriptures" forum is really great, too. Please be sure to check them out! 'Glad you're joining us! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

LucyLobo511
True Blue Farmgirl

177 Posts

Mari-lyn
Capron IL
USA
177 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  6:04:52 PM  Show Profile
A thought just came to mind We need to know the Lords word so we can stand with the correct tools against everything evil this gives me encouragement to go study. Women stay strong and study Gods word.

Insane and Blissfully Happy
Mari-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  7:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely, Mari-lyn! Amen! :)

Farmgirl Sister #1974
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  9:13:03 PM  Show Profile
You guys, this is really interesting. This is not really a religious example more than it is a political/societal example, but it still fits the situation. McDonald's subtly lures kids in from childhood. They have the toys in the meals and the indoor playgrounds. So when the children grow up, they have warm fuzzy memories of getting the toy and playing in the playgrounds, so they're going to more drawn towards McDonald's than say, the organic veggie section at the supermarket. I think society today associates abuse and cheating in the church, but we need to start giving people "toys and playgrounds" about the Church, like fellowship, faith, and hope. Because money and material possessions cannot give us those things. They give us momentary happiness, but only God and your faith can give you true eternal happiness.
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

snowberryfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

132 Posts

Michelle
Central Wa WA
USA
132 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2011 :  9:54:36 PM  Show Profile
What a great point, Megan! We should discuss ways we can reach out and share the fellowship, faith and hope in the Lord to those that do not know it...

Blessings!
Michells
www.snowberryfarm.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

grammytammy
True Blue Farmgirl

585 Posts

Tamara
Binghamton ny
USA
585 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  04:38:11 AM  Show Profile
Hey fellow Farmgals, I am a Christian going on a missions trip next week to Africa. Just want to represent all of us who love the Lord. I am asking for your prayers for our team and those we are going to serve. May our King be glorified. Thanks

FarmGirl 2495
God loved us so much He gave His only son to die in our stead.
Go to Top of Page

classygram
True Blue Farmgirl

1812 Posts

Brenda
Pleasant Hill Mo.
USA
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2011 :  04:46:38 AM  Show Profile
Tammy prayers will be with you, your team and those you will be helping to know OUR God! Hugs, Brenda

http:///www.scatteredlittleblessings.blogspot.com

Seek reasons to Love..In every sigment of everyday-look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of Love-Abraham Hicks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 92 Gathered Up: Previous Topic Christian farmgirls? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page