Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 249

ceejay48
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm/Sharpshooter

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  4:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Boy, oh boy! I'm getting anxious to get back to actual crative crafting! Today, standing on my head cleaning out our big chest type freezer . . . my goodness! It's amazing what you find in the bottom of those things! It's empty, defrosted and clean . . now to put back in what goes back in!
I'm certainly ready to be done with this freezer, butchering project . . yes, I'm grateful for the meat!
CJ

..from the barefoot farmgirl in SW Colorado...sister chick #665.
2010 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
Mother Hen: FARMGIRLS SOUTHWEST HENHOUSE

living life - www.snippetscja.blogspot.com

from my hands - www.cjscreations-ceejay.blogspot.com

the "Purple Thistle" http://www.ceejay48.etsy.com

from my heart - www.fromacelticheart.blogspot.com

from my hubby - www.aspenforge.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  4:52:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny, no pattern, I just start and see how it goes. The real trick is to recall what I do so I can do the second one. ;>)
Joan, I love your woodwork. I do a lot of woodworking but it is mainly to finish my unfinished house that I inherited from my DH.
CeeJay, been there done the meat bit. Tell what, butchering out a moose is a major job. Nothing I want to do again.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

jessabelluh
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Jessica
South Dakota
USA
349 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  5:55:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I made lotion bars today, for the first time.

~jess
Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  7:07:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been making some more bread cloths and some sewing on little projects. I will be altering some curtains that were given to me. Cutting them off to make them fit my kitchens windows. My hubby painted my kitchen a pretty yellow and white so I wanted some gingham curtains and a friend just happen to have some she didn't use anymore and gave them to me. I am blessed. since I like to reuse and recycle and make do.
I have some Birthdays coming up and I will give the Bread cloths away to my girlfriends. I have stopped buying so much and try to make some things, It is good to give of yourself if you can, don't you think. Hugs from Farmsister #1020 Juanita
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  7:27:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been working on a hexagon lace scarf from MJ's Stitching room. I've only got 4 hexagons done, with 30 more to go, but I'm having fun! :-)

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

Breanna
True Blue Farmgirl

208 Posts

Breanna
Parker Colorado
USA
208 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2012 :  7:30:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cherime, I love those fingerless lace gloves!!! I have been looking for a pattern for those for ages! Did you make up your pattern? Or did you find it somewhere? I would love to make some of my own. A friend of mine is hosting a Pride and Prejudice tea party next month and those would go perfectly :-)

Farmgirl Bre
"By day the Lord directs His love, at night His song is with me- a prayer to the God of my life." Ps. 42:8
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  09:07:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry ladies on the lace wristlets no pattern. I make a chain, join it and work from there with my hand as a pattern. I make them larger or smaller from there.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1214 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1214 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2012 :  11:19:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The weather in New York today is so Spring like so I decided to make more indoor birdhouses.

Happy Trails
Farmgirl 3842
Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  04:29:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an exam today that I need to keep studying for. When I get home I am going to get a loaf of banana bread in the oven and then I am going to get to work on my messenger bag. Hoping to finish it today! I will post pics when it is done.

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  07:11:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Susan,

Love those handbags!

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  07:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, You have all been busy beavers. I've worked a little on my sister's shawl but not much else. Been busy with work and around the house with the little one and reading up on sign language for him.

Laurie

http://www.inntheorchardbnb.com/
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:24:25 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
been away from home for the last two days, love seeing all the post!

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)

Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
here are some hats i made for the bunnies while i was with my youngest daughter.

these guys and gals can be so unruly. i have not written about them in a long time, but as my brain clears i am certainly hearing their voices.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I made this for my DIL's birthday. It is a Button Holder (Thanks CJ for the pattern)

I fancied up this Bulletin Board with YOYO Hearts that I have swapped for and then hung
up My Dotee Dolls from Swaps on it and hung it in my craft nook.

And These are all the Dotee Dolls I have been making for swaps. So, see girls...I have been busy.

I love looking at everyone's work...so inspiring to me! Thanks for letting me share.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished the UFO afghan (blues/green&yellow mix). Yay! Last night my one and only 18 yr. old GS asked if he could have it. Surprise.. but..Yay, again! Now, back to yo-yo's.

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3587 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3587 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:45:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe this pic will work ..

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  11:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith...beautiful! And perfect...Granny Squares for the Grandson! I have never done
Granny Squares before but they always make up into "Happy" looking afgans.

I only have two more yoyo's to make for each girl. They have been good therapy while
I am healing. YoYo Hearts are a fun thing to make anyday...one of those cheery crafts.

Live Loved,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  12:30:02 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
ilove it all. that button holder is so cute.

love
frannie in texas
farmgirl sister#807
home of "green"crafts,

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  2:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhhhh . . wonderful, wonderful projects!!!
Peggy, I'm glad you were able to get a "gumball" made. I love the ones I've made for myself . . FUN!!!

CJ

Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  2:55:37 PM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I made a little ATC holder for just one ATC/card similar to this one for the Valentine ATC swap. Decided I wanted one for me but thought I'd like more than one "holder" in mine.

Little vase, plaster of paris, dowel pieces, mini clothespins, a few small roses & leaves, a little bit of paint, ribbon, pearl-look buttons . . .
. . .here is my one ATC holder. But it can be used for cards and/or photographs as well.
CJ

P.S. The ATCs here are from a swap in a Yahoo group I participate in.

Go to Top of Page

sassynrob
True Blue Farmgirl

304 Posts

Shelly
Shepherd MI
USA
304 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  5:51:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is my first time making a messenger bag!

www.foreverlovecreations.com
Go to Top of Page

Bayou Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

252 Posts

Jennifer
Star City Arkansas
USA
252 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  9:12:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shelly, I love the bag!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6427 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6427 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2012 :  10:54:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

CJ...the first lid I bought for the "Gumball Machine" was way too large but I had
already decorated it...so decided to make this cute craft pot...to hold some of
my crafting supplies on my table. What do you think? I could seriously see making
them in different sizes. I also thought it would make a cute cookie jar or dog treat
jar.

I loved your ATC Holder. Very sweet!

Shelly...I also thought your Messanger Bag was stellar. That is very cool! Did you make it
for yourself or do you sell them?

Night Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  06:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lovely stuff ladies. We have all been busy.
Re: Mitts Bunny and Breanna:
I was trying to think about how to do a pattern and I think I can give you a couple of guide lines even if I donít have a pattern. BTW I do a lot of ripping out! When you measure your hand for the foundation chain, fold you thumb under the chain needs to stretch enough to barely make it over your hand. Put your stitches into the bottom only of the stitch leaving the top part for the finishing edging. Whatever your foundation chain is, it should be a multiple of two or four. I always put the thumb opening where the join is. That way it is on the underside of the mitt. You will need to either tighten up your stitches to get the mitt to narrow past the thumb or use a size smaller needle. After I make both mitt bodies, I then turn to the bottom edging and do both mitts one after the other. The biggest deal is to keep the chain straight before you join it to start the body stitches. I really wasnít trying to be obtuse I have been crocheting for many years and my grandma taught me but never showed me how to read a pattern, I donít think she knew how. I had to learn that on my own.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

ceejay48

13365 Posts

CeeJay (CJ)
Dolores Colorado
USA
13365 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2012 :  08:11:15 AM  Show Profile  Send ceejay48 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Peggy,
That is cute! You could also spray paint the pot in a color that matches the decorations. And, for that application I would spray the inside as well. I've done that for some of my "pot projects". I spray the inside first, sometimes a different color and then turn it over and spray the outside. That way the paint edges along the rim look even . . relatively. And, I always use at least 2 coats of clear finish over everything, including the embellishments.
CJ

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 249 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page