Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  2:29:56 PM  Show Profile

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2011 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
Customers are like deer, you have to lure them in especially at shows. It seems to me they come out to look and see what they can make and more so in this economy. But if you can lure the elusive customer into your lair and gently pounce, you can get some of them to actually open the old pocketbook. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:47:32 AM  Show Profile
Susan,

The latticework is a really nice touch. I like the folding screen too...Maybe some more solid backgrounds to show off your bags..can you drape some fabric over the folding screens that compliment the bags? I would imagine that if you have a problem with wind where you are at, it would be difficult to have too much solid props or things would be blowing over all of the time.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  06:51:01 AM  Show Profile
I'm working on a new bag. This is will be the front flap. It will be a vintage-like messenger bag in wool tweed and a gold taffeta lining.

Hey we made it to 100 pages!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  10:10:14 AM  Show Profile
Love the bag Paula. yes it gets windy here so I don't think the fabric will work. Most of the booths are out front, mine is the only one that you walk into. Maybe that's part of the problem. Will try again this week end.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

Sharon Denise
True Blue Farmgirl

211 Posts

Sharon
Temple TX
USA
211 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  11:14:40 AM  Show Profile
Love the bag!!

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. Yet that will be the beginning."
~Louis L'Amour
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  12:04:27 PM  Show Profile
Paula...LOVE YOUR BAG!!!!

I'm still working on moving! LOL

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2011 :  7:13:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok I finished the piggy hat today and I'm almost finished with the sock monkey hat. Next up will be the cupcake. It's hat season so it's always busy. I can size any of the hats for any size head or age group. Susan, just email me or message me through Etsy, link in my signature, and I can give you prices.

I find that booths are kind of like stores. I looked at lots of pics on the internet of vendor booths to help me decide what works and what doesn't. I have found that people like a more cozy feel and not so much open air. People like a big table with stairstep display. This is as simple as putting a box or blocks on the table and covering with a table cloth and displaying the goods on different levels. For the bags I might put the table in the middle and have some bags hanging on the sides. There's also wall kits for the canopy. I wouldn't want customers having to duck their head around a bag to come into the tent. I'd be fussing around with my goods just a little because it makes me look like I'm tending to my booth. People don't want to feel like I'm laying in wait ready to pounce on them. So if I'm straightening things or cleaning up they don't feel pressured to talk to me. Some people just don't want to talk. I always have a nice greeting that doesn't sound like I'm trying to sell something. "I really appreciate you coming out here today," works well. Most of this stuff I have learned through trial and error and copying what I see other vendors do. I watch how they stand and interact with customers. I watch their booths to see if people are drawn to their booth and why. I'm real helpful to the other vendors because it will come back to me ten fold. Some days the only business I get is from the other vendors. But they are a great word of mouth advertising.

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://naturaljulie.etsy.com
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:33:24 AM  Show Profile
Julie, Great information that I will try and put to use. It will be cold tomorrow at 6 am so I'm till debating. Thanks for the in put.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  06:43:21 AM  Show Profile
Julie, the piggy hat is so cute! I can't wait to see how your cupcake hat turns out! That is really good information about how to manage your booth. The central table stacked pyramid style sounds like it would make a great display, and would look great from all angles.
Good luck with round two Susan!! Think positive, we will all be there in spirit with you.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  07:27:19 AM  Show Profile
That piggy hat is cute!
I am working on cleaning and reorganizing, dejunking my sewing room.

farm girl sister#43
http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
O, a trouble's a ton or a trouble's an ounce,
Or a trouble is what you make it!
And it isn't the fact that you're hurt that counts,
But only--how did you take it?

--Edmund C. Vance.
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  08:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
The last few days I have been working on a Christmas table runner. When I am finished I will try to take a picture of it. P.S. The piggy hat is very cute!

Julie
Farmgirl Sister #399
West-Central WI Farmgirls

"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." Herman Cain
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  09:07:13 AM  Show Profile
I made a good friend a birthday card yesterday. A is for Andra!

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:18:55 AM  Show Profile
Sharon,

That card is beautiful. What a keepsake!

hugs
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcysworldofcreativity.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:23:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanx Marcie. My friend is a beautiful person and deserves a beautiful card. Can't wait to meet her for lunch on her special day.

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:40:05 AM  Show Profile
Julie...love the piggy hat too. You are soooooo good!!!

Sharon...your friend will enjoy that lovely card. Your work is is always exquisite.

I am still working on packing for my move back to Vancouver. I am down-sizing my stuff
again...even though I am going into a house that is twice as big as our apartment.
Most of my quantity of stuff is my crafting stuff, my knick-knacks and my cards and stationery.
I could open my own Antique Store! lol

Have a beautiful day Lovely Ladies!

blessings,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be joyous, to be passionate, and to Be His!
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  10:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Happy you will be able to spread out a bit Peggy. Will be great for your creative spirit.

www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2011 :  4:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Cherime- I forgot to add that you are right. A lot of customers are just browsing to pick up ideas. I did that recently, but I bought 2 of the item that I went home and copied.

Sharon- I love paper craft. I'm no good at it myself. It's something I can definitely appreciate others' ability to do. I love all the details on your card.

Go to Top of Page

textilelover
True Blue Farmgirl

557 Posts

Dianne
Middletown NY
USA
557 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2011 :  12:00:58 PM  Show Profile
Paula, Love the bag! Is it embroidered on wool?
Julie, You are onto something big! Love your hats.
Sharon, The card is exquisite. You and I were mail art partners once and your work is beautiful.
Here is a burp cloth and cupcake toy I made for a friend's baby. The front is flannel and the back is pink chenille fabric. Dianne in the Hudson Valley

Sister #749

"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." --Leondardo da Vinci
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2011 :  07:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dianne, Yes it is embroidered on wool tweed. Hope to have some updated photos of a more finished product soon. Things have been so busy that I can't get back to my craft cave.
The baby burp cloth and toy are so cute! I can just imagine how much that baby is going to love the soft cuddly flannel and chenille.
Sharon..Love the card! I cannot do papercraft at all but yours is gorgeous.
PeggyAnn, careful on the downsizing! I tossed some things during our last move that I really, really wished I hadn't. Keep an open mind to the future when you consider getting rid of it and consider packing another box for the move.

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

sidavis
True Blue Farmgirl

125 Posts

Susan
Vero Beach Fl
USA
125 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  11:18:17 AM  Show Profile

Update on Lizzie Bags. My new tent set up worked wonders and I was busy. Also got called to work for an up scale designer shop to put Christmas in store. Lots of ladder climbing but the store is looking very good, owner is happy. I also sold my Lizzie bags to owner, plus the gift shop at the art museum and the gift shop at the Library! WoW! What a rush. I am now working 5 days a week in store, sewing Lizzie's at night and doing show on Saturday morning. (Deep breath) Lovn' Life.

OK, I'm ready-Let's go.
Go to Top of Page

StrawHouseRanch
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Paula
Holt Missouri
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  4:47:31 PM  Show Profile
Susan, That is such great news!! The display looks marvelous in the photo, and the new deal with the shop is outstanding!! You go girl!!!

Paula

Farmgirl Sister #3090
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2011 :  5:19:31 PM  Show Profile
Great Susan. Looks really good by the way.

Today I am working on baby blankets for a bazaar in Nov. Trying a new method, cutting and sewing all the tops then will work on the backing and trim.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  7:41:19 PM  Show Profile
Here's the cupcake hat I've been working on.

Go to Top of Page

njaw09
True Blue Farmgirl

397 Posts

Annie
NJ
USA
397 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2011 :  8:32:17 PM  Show Profile
Julie-

That's really a cute cupcake hat!! I recently bought a few to give away but yours are really cute!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page