Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  11:36:08 AM  Show Profile
I am working on a cross-stitch Christmas ornament for my grandson. I make one for each grandchild, and he will be almost two this x-mas and I have not finished it yet, but I will! He will never know it took me so long!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  1:24:15 PM  Show Profile
Juanita...Yes, your picture just came yesterday. Thank you so much...you look exactly like I pictured
you in my head (isn't that crazy?). That never happens for me. Usually people look so different
than I imagined them. I am glad that your hubby cut off your body and not your head! LOL
You are just adorable and so sweet looking! Thank You! And thanks for the note!

Lillian...lucky girl getting to go traveling for a month! How fun is that???? I will be gone for 8 days this
month and I am giddy as a school girl about it. I rarely go anywhere with having Fibro.

Jeannie...Well, girl cross stitch takes awhile and some projects longer than others...but it is a neat
tradition that you started.

I am still plugging along on several Knitting projects. One shawl design I am working on is really cool looking but is taking 10 times longer than the designs I usually use. But you know how you are just dying to try a new pattern and nothing will do until you actually get it going. That's me!

Have a Lovely Rest of the Lord's Day!

Blessings,
~Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com
http://pegsmiles7.wordpress.com
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  1:45:20 PM  Show Profile
I am working on my candle swap, then I have an order for a pillow that I need to start. The weather here has turned cold an raw so good night to stay in and get cracking on some orders.
Jill Lillian
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  2:54:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jill...do you make Goats Milk Soap? If you do, do you
scent it or does it naturally smell sweet? I bought some at
an Antique Shop in Portland OR and it smells ssssssssssssoooooooo
good! But there is no fragrance listed on the label.

Hugs,
~peggy

Lady In Red
A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 13 2010 01:24:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2010 :  4:00:06 PM  Show Profile
I participated in the cornucopia crochet-along and finished that. I am hooked on amigurumi and have started a mobile for a forthcoming great grandson. So far I have done a teddy bear, chick, pig, and fish. I will hang them from a large ring with ribbon and make something to attach that to the crib.

It is so inspiring to hear what everyone is doing.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  01:26:11 AM  Show Profile
Shirley...the Mobile sounds so cute! Can you post a picture when you are finished with it?

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  06:15:59 AM  Show Profile
When I want to do a quick little project, I pull out my scraps and make a mini~patchwork. It still takes a day or two to finish, but I feel like I've really accomplished something. The squares on this "sampler" quilt are just two inches x two inches. I will probably back this with a border print and frame it.

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  07:13:16 AM  Show Profile
If I can figure out how to do it I have a couple of pix of the kitchen I put together. I did all the woodwork in it including the pot rack and hood over the stove. How did you get those pictures into the post?

CMF
Go to Top of Page

MInwife
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

LEA
OXFORD NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  07:51:47 AM  Show Profile
I am filling in for a girl at work today... so unless I have a surge of energy when I get home nothin'...if by some stroke of luck I do... a silk blend scarf I am crocheting!

Lea

www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  08:27:27 AM  Show Profile
Sharon...I love that! My mother in-law who lives in Spokane and is now 85 use to quilt
constantly. I love your mini wall-hanging. She made me two of those about 12 yrs ago and
I still use them constantly; for not only wall hangings but for Table Center Pieces during
The Holidays etc. She also made me a beautiful tulip pattern bed quilt...which I cherish.
I don't quilt but Oh...how I love them!!!!

Today...so far, I am just working on getting awake. I did finish up my photo-swap pictures
this morning but I am still hanging around in my sleepwear. I need to get dressed and go
take my walk while it is cool out. Then home for more projects.

Here is a Fabric Tote I re-purposed for cushions on
my outdoor Rocker. I Loved how they turned out so much that I went and bought two more for
two pillows. The Totes were only a $1.00 each.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  08:31:44 AM  Show Profile
So far I've finished a fleece blanket for my niece who's a new big sister as of yesterday and now I am on to finishing her new baby brother's flannel quilt. Then it's on to an apron that a friend ordered so I can get it mailed off to her this week :) I hope you all are having a productive day no matter what you are working on!

www.theaprondiaries.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bobbinrobin
True Blue Farmgirl

590 Posts

Sharon
Newman Lake WA
USA
590 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  09:06:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi Peg ~ Your mother~in~law gives me hope that I have a few more years of quilting in me. We may have crossed paths over the years as I lived in Spokane and still reside nearby ... at a quilt show, fabric store or??? Love your toile cushions. Where oh where did you find totes for a dollar?

How beautiful a day can be when kindness touches it. -G. Elliston

www.sharnymcclarny.etsy.com
www.bobbinrobin.etsy.com
www.sharnymcclarny.blogspot.com

Edited by - bobbinrobin on Sep 13 2010 09:06:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2010 :  11:36:06 AM  Show Profile
Sharon...I found the Totes at Battle Ground Pharmacy Where I live. They have half of the store in Regular Drug Store Retail Space/with Pharmacy and then the other half of the store is a dollar store. And the have the best scrapping booking stuff I have ever found other than at an expensive Scrap Booking Store.

I am sure you probably did meet my Mother In Law (1st husbands Mom) at a Quilt Show. Her name is Pat Piper.
Her and I have remained very bonded all these years. We almost lost her 3 times this year to heart attacks but the Good Lord doesn't seem to be ready to call her home yet. Which works for me...I want to keep her around a bit longer myself. But just one month ago...we had begun to plan her Memorial Service because we were assured she wasn't going to make it past the next few days. Just goes to show...nobody is going home until God says so.

Blessings,
Peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

LenaSassafrass
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Leanne
Hamilton Montana
USA
69 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2010 :  3:28:53 PM  Show Profile
Well today I am working on knitting a beanie for my husband that I shoulda finished in the spring! Only 4 more inches to go until I can do the top and hopefully give it to him for our anniversary at the end of the month. I keep staring at all the strips I cut out this summer for my first quilt. Its going to be a log cabin pattern for picnics. Needing to find a good sewing table so that I can do it right...yard sales are almost over That's my goal by spring...to finish that quilt so we can get some good use outta it next summer! Hopefully my Mom will fly out this winter so that she can work on it with me a little!

Leanne

Maizy-brownswiss/jersey
Sassafrass-06/20/10
Go to Top of Page

Rivergirl_2007
True Blue Farmgirl

332 Posts

Shirley
Karnak IL
USA
332 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2010 :  9:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann - I will post a picture when it is finished. It is coming along so cute. I started off just making the teddy bear and looking at some patterns for the rest. Then I had a dream and saw no reason not to try it. My grandson and his wife do not know I am doing this - thought it would make a cute shower gift.
Go to Top of Page

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  10:16:27 AM  Show Profile
Working on yo-yos for a Christmas table cloth. Been using a CD for the template. I hope I have enough Christmas-themed scraps around the house! Wish me luck, I've never made anything out of Yo-Yos before.

Farmgirl Sister #1191
Go to Top of Page

MInwife
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

LEA
OXFORD NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  10:44:20 AM  Show Profile
Doing tops to dish towels as Christmas gifts... I love to work on them when I am watching television....

Lea

www.theendoftheroad.typepad.com

Farm Girl Sister # 2078
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  12:20:49 PM  Show Profile
..hey Girls! Miss visiting here for some time.. been busy with my new son, the Basset! LOL
For my current project.. I am tatting my very first doily that I had the pattern for past 2-3 years. It frustrated me to the bits! But since I went to the Palmetto Tatters' Guild's Tat days last month... watching the visual teacher.. I am excited that my brain along with my hands are coming together and "getting" it!!! Yay! I am nearing to the finish line of the doily! Will post a pic... soon!!!!!!

Carol... remember that Christmas theme colors can also be just green, reds.. and gold colored fabrics are lovely with those colors!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  12:24:24 PM  Show Profile
This isn't a today project so much as it is intention to learn a thing or two over the autumn and winter. Im gathering materials for a quilt and a want to learn tatting....it is SO pretty and feminine looking on clothing =) and it looks like a fun thing to learn!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Palouse Prairie Girls Chapter
http://palouseprairiegirls.blogspot.com/
http://prairiegirlsjournal.blogspot.com/

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. ~Leonardo DaVinci
Go to Top of Page

sewsweet
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Carol

Canada
172 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  12:56:21 PM  Show Profile
Hi Karrieann,

Oh, yes...I've raided my red stash,found all of my nice holly greens and anything remotely Christmasy. So far I've made 40 yo-yos...quite a few more to go! They're very therapeutic to make. So simple, repetitive, yet so cute.

Farmgirl Sister #1191
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2010 :  9:14:01 PM  Show Profile
Annika, you will love tatting once you get the hang of it! Karriean, good luck with your first doily! I'm working on tatting an edging on a hanky for the second level of my tatting badge. I finally settled on multi-colored lavender thread on a white linen cloth. I've only got a few inches done so far but I think it's going to look really cool when it progresses further.

Tonight I'm geting my supplies packed for our regional decorative painting convention in Seattle this weekend. Looking forward to a few solid days of relaxing with my brushes. As usual I've signed up for more classes than I really need to but I just couldn't narrow my choices down. I can hardly wait!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2010 :  10:41:32 AM  Show Profile
I've just found this forum, and my contribution seems so insignificant to what so many of you are doing. I am crocheting dish cloths in multicolor cottons for stocking stuffers and little gifts for friends. Being a nurse, I have realized for a long time how much bacteria grow in a moist environment, like sponges & dish cloths. So I started making cloths so I could changed them each day and have enough on hand when they go to the wash. I am doing the same for my children. They have children who may have "grubby" hands touching everything. Even though they use sani-wipes on refrig handles, counters etc, dishcloths are needed as well. Oops...just shrunk 6 inches getting off my soap box. ;0)

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page

Littleredd
True Blue Farmgirl

174 Posts

Patty
Norwich NY
USA
174 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2010 :  3:31:06 PM  Show Profile
I don't know Claudia.....some of the best things are those that are down to earth and usable. I love making dishcloths and have made many for gifts and they are alway a hit once a person starts using them, so much better than storebought!! That's why I love knitting and crocheting so much, I use everything I make, not sayin' other crafts don't, I'm sure they do, but those are the two that I adhere to more. I started a 'hope chest' a year or two ago for when I get married and have kids and you can be sure I loaded that up with dishcloths, need more of them too! :-)
Go to Top of Page

Karrieann
True Blue Farmgirl

1900 Posts

Karrieann
Northeast Georgia
USA
1900 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  09:50:48 AM  Show Profile
...nothing is insignificant, especially when it is made by hand!

I am still working on that doily but I took a mini break and tatted this bracelet!
Woohooo! I am getting better at tatting each and every time!

Karrieann ~ Farmgirl Sister #766 (29 Sept 2009)

My Blog: ...following my heart, dreams and Jesus
...http://karrieann-followingmyheartandjesus.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

buffypuff
True Blue Farmgirl

1183 Posts

Claudia
Deer Park WA
USA
1183 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2010 :  09:57:37 AM  Show Profile
OH MY GOSH Karrieann!! That is just beautiful! Do you use a shuttle or do you needle tat? I admire what you have done greatly!! Thanks for showing us.

Buffypuff/ Claudia
Farmgirl & Sister #870

"Half of success is the assurance of support along the way." cr
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page