Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2018 :  3:44:58 PM  Show Profile
I am working on hand embroidered clothes pin bags from a pattern I drafted from a similar bag I saw that I loved!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2018 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile
I've begun blowing out eggs and decorating them for Easter. The main challenge is keeping my cat from playing with them.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  9:50:37 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, luv your cloth pin bags... is that pillow ticking fabric?

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2018 :  9:53:05 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa,, your eggs are adorbs! are you decopaugeing them?..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  05:19:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Just got back from a 3-day motorhome trip, so today is clean the real house day. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2018 :  5:23:03 PM  Show Profile
Just good old Elmers, and plenty of it!

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant, in which case me will eat a cookie.
Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2018 :  12:08:54 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, your clothes pin bags are cute!

Vanessa, your egg is pretty! What do you mean by blowing it out? Are they real egg shells?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2208 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2208 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2018 :  05:24:49 AM  Show Profile
Yeah the eggs are real. You poke a hole in the top with a biggish needle, and poke a little bigger hole in the wide end (this is where the innards come out). Get a bowl and place your mouth over the small hole ate the top, the blow into it so that it forces out the white and yolk into the bowl. When empty you rinse out the inside and wash the outside and let dry.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster
Go to Top of Page

Tumbleweed
True Blue Farmgirl

1019 Posts

Nancy
Texas
USA
1019 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2018 :  10:05:52 AM  Show Profile

I had leftover cotton yarn and made this trivet. I still had a little left and made the pot holder coaster. I love to knit and crochet but I am overflooded with scarves, dishclothes and such. I need to find an outlet for donated or something.

TW

The fun begins where the sidewalk ends. Shel Silverstein
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2018 :  06:55:50 AM  Show Profile
I just mailed these wrist warmers that I knitted off to Washington for the March for Our Lives.

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com http://brightmeadowknits.blogspot.com

http://www.ravelry.com/people/Brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2018 :  11:49:40 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, that is so fascinating! I want to try that some time! Thank you for sharing with me.

Nancy, your trivet and pot holder are beautiful. Love those two purples together. They remind me of my grandma. She loved making things with those shades of purple.

Nice wrist warmers Brenda!

I just finished making these hanging towels as a gift for a party tomorrow. This was my first time making them and I really love how they turned out. I want to make a set for myself now!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2018 :  07:02:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh my word, everyone has been BUSY!!!

Krista - Those hanging towels are darling!!! I would want a set for myself too!

All these lovely yarn projects! And the blown eggs!

I finished stitching fleece "M" onto DH's birthday surprise blanket this weekend:

I also got a start on a home decor project, gluing sisal twine onto styrofoam balls. You can see how I've started piling the finished balls in a basket in the photo. Wrapped one in yarn too. Planning to use moss to cover another one. When all filled the basket will complete an arrangement I've got on top of my china cabinet.

If you can't tell, I'm channeling Joanna Gaines these days...
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2018 :  11:52:30 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, the blanket looks so nice. I bet your husband will love snuggling under it! Love your home decor! I bet it will look great when it's finished. Very rustic. I'm not really familiar with Joanna Gaines, but my mom loves her. She is remodeling her bedroom right now and when she tells me what she's doing she says it's something she seen Joanna Gains do! That basket would look great in her room.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2018 :  08:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow, everyone has been so busy creating beautiful things. I haven't been around for a while. Things have been crazy busy in my house. Been taking care of my dear grandson while my daughter is in the hospital doing some test. I have been working on things. 4 bear fetishes, my quilt (still) 4 knitted hats and a tipi for the dgs. Hope to be more active soon as my daughter gets home today. When I get some of the projects done I will post photos. I have finished 2 shawl pins and a mermaid tail which I will post when I finally get home tomorrow.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  06:47:04 AM  Show Profile
This is sort of a craft - Last night I worked on the bunny bags that will hold Easter treats for DS's classmates. I stamped 24 times and just need to cut out simple tag shapes and use hole puncher on them. DH helped me get the right bunny shape for the bags and I traced then cut the rest using template.

I did one bag all the way just to be sure it will look alright:

I cut a cotton ball in half and hot glued it on to make the "tail"
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  4:48:56 PM  Show Profile
Here is the mermaid tail I made for my DD. She is 5'9" tall so it is very long.

Here are the shawl pins I carved for some knitting buddies of mine for Christmas. They are carved from mahogany. I made two of them... just a like.

Still painting on the tipi. I really wanted it to lean towards the Blackfoot Tribe so that is why I am painting it in the Blackfoot tradition. At 4 I know he won't care but as I am half Blackfoot it was important to me. When I finish it I will post a photo. I am almost done with my bear fetishes. I really love how they are turning out. Will post when I am done with them. The 4 knitted hats are coming along. Trying some different finishing on them. Christmas gifts are almost done! So excited to be on top of it this year.

Jaime: Love the Easter Bags. Did you make up the pattern or find it on the internet. Would love to make one for my DGS.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2018 :  5:07:27 PM  Show Profile
It is important to acknowledge your heritage.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2018 :  06:15:34 AM  Show Profile
Theresa - Love your projects!!! Looking forward to a picture of the tipi! That is so awesome! I learned a few years ago that my paternal great grandmother was full Cherokee - would like to delve more into family genealogy someday! All I really know is that between the two sides of the family most of the countries in Europe are represented! lol

I did not have a pattern for the bunny bags - just kind of winged it - then DH helped me tweak design a little bit - the main thing was not cutting the outside edges of the ears completely out at the top - that lets them still hold the sides of the bag together and makes it look a little better once bag is gathered up and tied. I went through several bags before I got it right but since I had a pack and a half (100 packs) it wasn't a big deal!

I got the "tails" all glued on last night. Tags are ready. Just need to finish buying the treats to fill them tonight! Hope to finish them up Friday night or this weekend at the latest!

Edited by - AuntJamelle on Mar 22 2018 06:16:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  06:39:04 AM  Show Profile
Made 4 Easter cards yesterday - very simple - just stamped Happy Easter on the inside:

Also started pinning ruffles on the white felt wreath I am making for school auction - will keep working on that this weekend!
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Hey Grace, it is not the thicker pillow ticking. It is just a cotton print; however,
I do use the heavier pillow ticking from time to time!

quote:
Originally posted by katmom

Debbie, luv your cloth pin bags... is that pillow ticking fabric?

>^..^<

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  10:06:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you!

quote:
Originally posted by MaryJanesNiece

Debbie, your clothes pin bags are cute!

Vanessa, your egg is pretty! What do you mean by blowing it out? Are they real egg shells?

Krista

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  10:08:25 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, your egg is beautiful!

quote:
Originally posted by Audra Rose

I've begun blowing out eggs and decorating them for Easter. The main challenge is keeping my cat from playing with them.

Farmgirl Sister #6754

Cookie Monster

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585

Edited by - OneRedZinnia on Mar 23 2018 10:10:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  10:20:01 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful trivets Nancy! I don’t crochet well at all and your work is wonderful!

Love the wrist warmers Brenda! So cute!

Hanging towels are the best Krista! My husband’s Granny made me several some years ago and I still use them lots! Granny lived to be 102! She was still a go getter at her age!

Love your fleece blanket Jaime! My sister made one for each of my boys and they are so warm and cozy! Let us know how your ‘Joanna Gaines’ project turned out!

Wow Theresa you have been busy with all that is going on in your life! Lovely mermaid tail Theresa!!

Cute, cute bags Jaime! I am sure your sons classmates will enjoy them! Love, love your yellow bunny!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  10:25:56 AM  Show Profile
Here are just a few things I have been working on!

~ Deb ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  1:28:48 PM  Show Profile
Everyone's projects are looking great! I can't believe how busy everyone is. I have slowed down on most of my projects lately to start getting things ready and prepared for the baby. I'm hoping to get at least one more project done before she comes though!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page