Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile
Ooh I really love that balloon card! Good thinking using the ornament shape.

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  06:14:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks guys!

Krista - I have been out of the paper crafting game for a while and just starting to dive back in! The Cricut can be overwhelming for sure - I have the Explore and it is taking me a while to get used to using the software but little by little I am learning.

I have been keeping things very basic - it is great to cut out letters (did that for a birthday sign recently) and I use it a lot for basic shapes.

I've got a TON of Stampin Up stamp sets I purchased years ago so I'm starting to get back into that too!
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  10:04:57 AM  Show Profile
Marie, I love how the bedspread is coming out. Great colors! Rachel, love the hat! That yarn is beautiful and it looks super soft. I'm also working on a join as you go afghan. I love making granny squares but I absolutely do not like sewing them together! So, I thought I would at least try to learn how to do the join as you go method. It drove me a little wonkers at first, but I got it Now to start working on it. So many projects so little time.
hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

http://marcyscreativeworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  11:31:00 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, I agree. I have only cut out basic shapes and letters that I used for my Pre-K class but nothing more. I would like to get it back out and give it a shot. Don't people use stamps for cards as well?

Looking good Marcy! I can't wait to see it completed. Are you choosing the colors at random or doing a pattern?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2017 :  10:36:47 AM  Show Profile
Had a bit of a frustrating weekend with the little girls hat. It's not turning out correctly. I had to put it away so I could no longer see it. Otherwise I think I would have thrown it away!! So to calm myself down I started 2 new projects! I will be making a chevron blanket and granny square blanket as gifts for Christmas. I figured now would be a good time to start since my deadline is months away. I finished one granny square and 3 rows of the chevron blanket. Must say I'm off to a good start!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Apr 03 2017 10:37:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  05:59:44 AM  Show Profile
Finished two tissue box covers so far - here is a pic of one of them:

Have plans to make 7 total, one for us to keep and 6 as gifts. Have started on the third and have pieces cut for the fourth.

I'm also in the home run on knitting a washcloth to go along with the potholders I made recently. Will make at least two, maybe four, total.

I also purchased supplies at Joann's recently to beef up my supply of stamp pads and other tools. Have plans to make a birthday card for DH and a Mother's Day Card for MIL...
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  11:04:53 AM  Show Profile
Jamie, what are you making your tissue boxes out of? To me, your box looks like it's metal. It looks very nice!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  11:16:21 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! :) That is actually just some leftover dark grey wool blend felt I happened to have on hand.

And to answer your earlier question, yes, people use stamps and stamping techniques a lot when making cards. It's fun to mix and match the different skill sets - stamping, die cutting (i.e. using the Cricut), watercolor, and so on to make things.

I have a technique I am getting ready to try again - learned it years ago - where you use floor wax, glitter, tissue paper and alcohol based inks with a sheet of clear plastic to make a beautiful background of blended colors. Then you can stamp the other side of the plastic with a special ink and you get an awesome collage effect.

Another fun thing to do is use shaving cream and alcohol inks to make marbled effects on paper. The paper smells so good afterwards too! lol

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2017 :  4:28:11 PM  Show Profile
I got to patch coverall knees today. They were so threadbare, I wanted to throw them out. But no we can't do a thing like that.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  11:29:09 AM  Show Profile
Jamie- Very nice. I would love to see some of your cards when your done, so I can see what your talking about. The shaving cream idea sounds interesting. In the past I did a project with my Pre-K class where I combined water, soap, and food coloring and the kids would put the cup over paper and blow bubbles through a straw. This would cause the bubble to flow over onto the paper. After the paper dried it had colored bubble marks all over it. Maybe something else to do on cards for a design?

Nora- Good luck with your patching today.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  1:10:37 PM  Show Profile
Nora, good for you for patching coveralls! I have some garden jeans i need to patch and i just haven't done it yet. I can use super cute fabric, but no, haven't done it...

Today i did something that none of us probably enjoy doing - i had to pull out a TON of stitches on the table runner i am making my mom for Mother's Day. I didn't realize it until today, but i just didn't like the border i chose. Of course the border was all sewn and pressed, but i just didn't like it. So i ripped 3 of the 4 border sides off :-( - painful - it is 72 inches long! Thought i would just burst. Got one more long side to do tonight after the kiddos are in bed. I can't believe i didn't see the mismatch when i was picking fabric - now i love the fabric i am going to use. Look how much better the blue on the left goes with this fabric than the original gold swirl on the right.

Happy sewing/crafting :-)

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  8:04:29 PM  Show Profile
Dena, I had to laugh at your story. I just finished a table runner and u was so cockeyed I couldn't use it as a gift. Made another in place of the cattywampous one. I'm going to finish it to let myself know what not to do next time. As ye sew, so shall ye rip!
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2017 :  8:14:55 PM  Show Profile
Today I set up an Etsy Shop and started thinning out my fabric collection in the sewing room. So much fabric, wonderful intention but not enough time in a lifetime. If you are interested in cotton fabric, check back often as I plan on posting ever few days.

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/hammernstitchcrafts

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  4:54:55 PM  Show Profile
Dena- I am so sorry you had to undo your boarder. I do like the blue better so hopefully it goes on smoothly.

Jana- That's so awesome you got an Etsy shop set up! Best of luck with your sales!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  7:09:14 PM  Show Profile
Jaime - your card is very cute. I guess I should pull out my Cricut machine when I get caught up a little. It has been a while since I last used my machine. I love your tissue box, but am having trouble seeing the details (I am on an iPod). What is it made of and what is the small details, is it embroidery? I love the colors!

Dena, I love your table runners and I agree that has got to be the most dreaded job of ripping out seams. Good luck to you on that and take it slow as not to accidentally ripe the fabric.

Today I added more items to my Etsy shop, posted a few items on Facebook Marketplace and I am happy to say that I made my first sale today. Nothing much, but very exciting to accomplish. Now I am busy squeezing lemons and making some lemonade concentrate for the freezer.

Jana

http://www.emhardt.com

https://www.etsy.com/shop/hammernstitchcrafts

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2017 :  7:15:50 PM  Show Profile
Dena...as he sew, so shall he rip! Happens to the best of us.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

dena91
True Blue Farmgirl

181 Posts

Dena
Pennsylvania
USA
181 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2017 :  08:32:41 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for all the farmgirl support - or should i say, 'sew-port'! I've ripped out all of the old border and attached one long side of the new blue one yesterday while it rained. As i walk by it now i think, 'that combination is gorgeous'! That's how i like to feel when doing a project, don't you?

Its too beautiful to work on it today - off to the plant store to find greens to plant!

Jana, so excited about your new Etsy shop!

Betty, yes, we learn much from our sewing mistakes. I have a small spiral notebook on my sewing table to write down such lessons. Its getting to be quite a long list :-).

Dena
Farmgirl 5620
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2017 :  5:34:25 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I made 3 re-purposed denim BOHO bags/purses...

I am on my kindle right now so I can't post pics but you can go to my blog... or over the the "farmgirl swap" and then into the denim jean swap hosted by Beth... oh wait.... I don't think the 3 I just finished are on that swap... ok, ok, go to my blog.... scheeze, I am such a Blond!!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  07:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Krista – I’m still hunting for the right type of floor wax to do the one technique but I’m hopeful Walmart might have it! I’ll be sure to post pics when the time comes!

Jana – Two sides of the tissue box covers are embroidered with a simple flower design, using lazy daisy stitch to make the leaves and flower petals. Great news on the Etsy shop too!

Dena – I feel your pain on ripping out those stitches. Hate when something like that happens!

Katmom – GREAT job on the purses! Too cute!

I finished the felt wreath I made as a friend's gift for this Christmas:

Have two washcloths knitted now and starting on a third.

Made a simple birthday card for DH too.

My back went out yesterday so not sure how much I'll get to in the next couple of days, but I'm going to try!
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  07:50:11 AM  Show Profile
I love to see everything you are working on. I broke my arm and I am trying to fill out an apartment application and go to work and doctor appointments and can only type with one hand . . . <weeping> I wish one of you were here to help me.

Marie, Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16958 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16958 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  12:06:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marie.... if we could... we would!
Hugz and fast healing...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  12:54:28 PM  Show Profile
Finished the bottom ribbing on my sweater, now putting the neck on.

Also this is a little cowl for my mom that I'm about halfway done knitting, that's currently my purse project. I'll post a more modely picture when it's done, you can hardly tell what it is here, but look at the pretty yarn!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

AuntJamelle
True Blue Farmgirl

569 Posts

Jaime
South Bend Indiana
USA
569 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  1:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Made a Mother's Day card :)

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  4:40:57 PM  Show Profile
Jana- congratulations on your first sale! I bet that makes you feel amazing!

Grace- love the new purses! You are making the cutest jean purses ever!

Jamie- your felt wreath is beautiful! I just love your wreaths.

Marie- I am so sorry you broke your arm. Are you okay? Anyway I can help?

Rachel- looking fabulous!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2017 :  4:45:09 PM  Show Profile
I finished another pair of slippers over the weekend! One more pair to go!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page