needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  5:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the prayers Channah. I am feeling much better today and was able to cook my hubbie some dinner. I still have a bad cough but that takes a couple of weeks to clear. Thank you very much. The farm girls are so great. Juanita sister #1020
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1973 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1973 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:11:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am still doing boring work-fabric inventory for the fabric store that I just opened up last week.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrynmore2
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:13:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that sewing kit! I'm knitting a pair of socks today.

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:17:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juanita, I do hope that you are feeling better!

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

Brigid6
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Brigid
Morristown NJ
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  05:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just started to crochet a baby blanket for my daughters' teacher! She is having her first grand daughter this June!
I make them smaller so they can fit in the car seat & stroller without dragging on the ground!
And I can finish them faster!
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have fun with the blanket Brigid. I got back into crocheting last year after having put it down for years. It's so fun.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  11:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started a purple prairie skirt yesterday. I just need to buy some elastic and finish the hem. I am looking forward to wearing it. I have been emroidering and cross-stitching since I was in my teens and twenties, but I have decided I am going to put together a small album of stitches.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
oh Katherine! Can you post pictures?!? I love prairie skirts although I have never had one.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  4:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Working on scarves for teachers! It seems like it is never ending! Just as I think that I'm finished, I count and I'm still twenty rows away. Katherine, that skirt sounds really cute!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

needy
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Juanita
Exmore Virginia
USA
275 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well today Im getting over Bronchitis. Feel much better after being down for a week. Ihave started some dish rags by knitting them in ecru color. These are my first. So we will see how it goes. I'm not avery good knitter. Farm sister # 1020 Juanita
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  7:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Juanita...at least you picked something quick and simple to learn and improve your knitting with. When I am knitting on larger projects...I put them down for a break and pick up my needles and make a wash cloth...just because I can do one in one evening and I have something quickly done to show for hours of knitting. And they are always a great gift to have on hand.

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Brigid6
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Brigid
Morristown NJ
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  05:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would love to see the skirt too! Now I have to make 3 dresses for costumes for my daughter's 4th grade play!
Brigid
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mop Mitts! (Knitted covers for Swiffer-type mops - so you don't have to buy or keep throwing away the store-bought cloths) That's my quick and easy knitting project. Of course, I've got about a zillion other projects to do today, and here I am on the computer!

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  5:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I worked on finishing up the embroidery bit on my farmgirl sisterhood badge (first time embroider), spent a wee bit of time with some acyrilic yarn (I've decided I strongly dislike it...I've always known but tried to give it a go due to the $$)and decided it would work well enough for throw pillows. I want to use the stuff since I have it but it's not my fav. I'm getting ready to hit the treadmill and hope to work on an apron once the kiddos are in bed. I love the look of the apron and hope it is just as nice in real life as the picture. I'm using thrifted sheets for this apron.

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:43:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing, nothing, nothing!!! I have 100 UFO's and 400 ideas of things I want to do but I'm a busy mom! I chomp at the bit, so wanting to work on things but I have a hard time justifying that crafting time when there are dishes in the sink, laundry to be done etc. Maybe if I build in an hour... It's that guilt thing, you know. My Etsy shops are being neglected. Any word of wisdom from those of you have been there. How do you work in your crafting time?
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1963 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1963 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:48:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, we all need to find the time for our crafting. So the thing to do is lay out your day. . . you know, make a list of what really needs to be done today. Then figure out when you can pull some time for yourself to do the crafting. I gave up tv long ago in favor of crafting. . .even now when my BF wants me to join him watching tv, I have my knitting or embroidery or something in my hands to work on.

Another thing I did when my children were still at home, I would get up an hour earlier to do the dishes and laundry, then once they were out the door for school, I had an hour to do my crafting before work.

Here's wishing you an extra hour to your day to play!!!!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Brigid6
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Brigid
Morristown NJ
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  06:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also crochet while I am watching tv! I also bring it with me to the dance classes & base ball games! Do you do a "portable" craft? Or do you need the table time?
I steal some time for my sewing when the washer & dryer are running! And chores are getting done too!
Good Luck!
Brigid
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  09:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Melanie - I am the worst housekeeper in the world. That's how I make time for making things LOL. It's not a good solution, though, because I usually can't find the craft supplies I need for a given project. (And, well, the house is a wreck - guess that's a pretty big drawback to my "system," too!)

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  12:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hahahahaha, melissa you are great. i think we have the same system. i dont know if i could craft in a "clean" house, but i have never had to test the theory.
lately i have been on a cleaning binge cause i am travelling to dallas for a surgery on my legs the first week in june. i dont know why but i want my house straight.
or my version of straight
anyway, i have been back at my pincushions, not the acorn ones but just the standard ones. i have been making pincushions forever and i love it, i think i am addicted to it.

here is a pic of some of the pincushions.made from scraps, hope yall enjoy them.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
where no scrap is left behind
(http://abunnystale.wordpress.com/)
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
www.localharvest.org/farms/M24434
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6425 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6425 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  12:23:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fran...I love your pin cushions. Do you sell them or swap them? I would buy or swap for one.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  12:35:52 PM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
peg, thanks so much for the comment. i was selling my crafts but when i got sick i got so far behind in my orders and it made me feel terrible. i still have some orders to fulfill and hope one day to be able to do them.
so right now i am not selling, them.
i am only gifting them. i will email you.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  2:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fran, the pincushions are so cute!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  6:02:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fran, they are really, really cute!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Jibara Girl
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Zoed
Upper Marlboro Maryland
USA
19 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  8:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Jibara Girl a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Question?

How do you post picture of your craft you are working on the forum?

Thanks

Live... Love.. Laugh.. Dream.. ;)
Go to Top of Page

frannie
True Blue Farmgirl

2246 Posts

fran
bonham texas
USA
2246 Posts

Posted - May 20 2010 :  10:49:14 AM  Show Profile  Send frannie a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
one of the things that i find so great about this site is that it is so farmgirl(user) friendly. if you havent already done it check out the faq section and there will be a whole area about posting pics.
there is also an area at the bottom of the site where you can practice.
i use photobucket to post pics here, its free and MOST of the time easy to use, although i have dial up and nothing is easy with dial up
anyway, give these areas a read, try out photobucket and continue to ask questions. that is how i learned and the farmgirls here were a big help with everything.
i will be happy to help at any point along there if you run into any glitches, but as far as i know unless thing have changed you have to go first and join a pic sight like photobucket.
when all else fails, usually brian or rene or carol, someone from the farm comes on the thread and gives you just the info you need. allee and aunt jenny have also been great sources of help for me here.

love
frannie in texas
home of "green"crafts,
www.angeltree.etsy.com

check out the farm at:
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 249 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page