Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What are you working on today??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic
Page: of 264

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  3:26:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow, all of you are sooooo busy!!! Guess I had better get busy with what's on my plate too. Finished up all but one order for the week, So that means Play Time!!! I know, I am just a big kid and love to make things!!! So I will be busy finishing up some pin cushions tonight. . they are a large strawberry style. Created from a pattern dating from the early 1800's. Typically they are filled with Rosemary, however, I have filled mine with polyester fiberfill. Getting things done for our big fair June 5th and 6th.

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - May 13 2010 :  7:45:43 PM  Show Profile
I feel like such a slug. I don't have one single thing I am working on right now.I finished up my ufos and havent started anything new yet...what to do next...lol

hugs
jessie

"I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go." ~Abraham Lincoln

www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

JojoNH
True Blue Farmgirl

1984 Posts

Joanna
Dunbarton New Hampshire
USA
1984 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  04:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Your not a slug!! You are simply waiting for inspiration to stike!! Wow, to have all of your ufo's finished. . . I'm very impressed Somehow I do not think I will ever get all of mine done. . . LOL!

Joanna #566
JojoNH
http://www.etsy.com/shop/CountryCents
http://CountryCents.Blogspot.com
http://Twitter.com/Eastwooddesigns
Go to Top of Page

MrsRooster
True Blue Farmgirl

1168 Posts

Amy
Seabrook TX
USA
1168 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  06:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Send MrsRooster a Yahoo! Message
Jessie-
This is the wonderful, magical time where you can decide what to do next. Nothing is hurrying you. Enjoy it!!! LOL

I saw somewhere coffee cup cozy. It is a crocheted piece to stick on your cup so you don't burn yourself. I think that would be a great idea. You can get nice cups so cheap. Then just crochet it to fit.

Still trying to get the baby blanket done and the Mermaid I am stitching for my Hubby's birthday that was last week!!!

www.mrsrooster.blogspot.com

Farmgirl #1259
Go to Top of Page

TwstdStitch
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Jean
Pennsylvania
USA
36 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:39:07 AM  Show Profile
Jessie: You are NOT a slug !! Ask me what I accomplished during the past year or so....nothing !!! I'm just getting back into the craft driver seat again. :)) You have to be inspired.

needy: I will definately keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. And I'll send cyber soup for a speedy recovery.

Jean
Quilter, knitter, spinner/dyer, veggie gardener and craft-a-holic
Sister #1455
Here's to a simpler way of life !!!
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  11:00:03 AM  Show Profile
Jessie, congratulations for finishing your UFO projects. I have one that needs to get done, but every time I want to work on it, something else comes up.
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21613061

By the time, he gets this, he will be in pre-school or even kindergarten. I have another one that needs to get started as well.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  11:03:00 AM  Show Profile
Finished your ufos?? How is that even possible? LOL! I'd better get off the 'puter or I won't get anything done today.

Needy - feel better soon!!

Sharon - I have a preschooler who would LOVE that quilt, so don't worry, you have time! :-)

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  11:10:56 AM  Show Profile
I am working on thinking about working on something! How is that for lack of commitment? No, really I knit, crochet or craft everyday on something. What I really should be doing is posting a new blog article...that is what I am really far behind on. Maybe that will be my project for today.

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  10:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Prayers sent Juanita!!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl
Farmgirl Legend/Schoolmarm

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  07:15:30 AM  Show Profile
Today is scrapbooking club day. I've missed the past few months since I was off to work and have 2 small scrap books to complete for my grand niece's Bday (yesterday) and my niece's mother's day gift. I'm also finalizing a sewing box for my niece's bday gift. The badges have inspired me and the photos of what other have done were great. I found a wooden box I had that came with tea. I've layered it in fabric and cushioned the top. Now I just need the insides, minus buttons. Had lots of those. Once I get it completed I'll post a picture. I'm very excited about it.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  09:04:59 AM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm trying to put up the photos for the first time.It's not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  09:14:13 AM  Show Profile
Here is the sewing kit.

and inside the lid

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  09:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Laurie, the sewing kit turned out great. Well done!

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrynmore2
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  10:38:57 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
That is soo cute Laurie! I love it! Great job!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

countrynmore
True Blue Farmgirl

1975 Posts

Sharon
CA
USA
1975 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:11:47 PM  Show Profile
I am still doing boring work-fabric inventory for the fabric store that I just opened up last week.

www.countrynmore.com
www.mycountryapron.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop/countrynmore2
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:13:41 PM  Show Profile
I love that sewing kit! I'm knitting a pair of socks today.

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

jsparks60
True Blue Farmgirl

61 Posts

June
Greene NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - May 15 2010 :  6:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Juanita, I do hope that you are feeling better!

Farmgirl #1401

'Tis the gift to come down where we ought to be' - from 'Simple Gifts'
Go to Top of Page

Montrose Girl

1360 Posts

Laurie
Montrose CO
1360 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  07:48:55 AM  Show Profile
Have fun with the blanket Brigid. I got back into crocheting last year after having put it down for years. It's so fun.

Best Growing
Go to Top of Page

KanMogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

349 Posts

Katherine
Rock Kansas
USA
349 Posts

Posted - May 16 2010 :  11:40:59 AM  Show Profile
I started a purple prairie skirt yesterday. I just need to buy some elastic and finish the hem. I am looking forward to wearing it. I have been emroidering and cross-stitching since I was in my teens and twenties, but I have decided I am going to put together a small album of stitches.

I would rather wear out than rust out.----Richard Cumberland
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  3:52:23 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
oh Katherine! Can you post pictures?!? I love prairie skirts although I have never had one.
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  4:28:53 PM  Show Profile
Working on scarves for teachers! It seems like it is never ending! Just as I think that I'm finished, I count and I'm still twenty rows away. Katherine, that skirt sounds really cute!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2010 :  7:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Juanita...at least you picked something quick and simple to learn and improve your knitting with. When I am knitting on larger projects...I put them down for a break and pick up my needles and make a wash cloth...just because I can do one in one evening and I have something quickly done to show for hours of knitting. And they are always a great gift to have on hand.

blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
Go to Top of Page

Butterscotch Grove
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Melissa
Fairbanks AK
196 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  3:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Mop Mitts! (Knitted covers for Swiffer-type mops - so you don't have to buy or keep throwing away the store-bought cloths) That's my quick and easy knitting project. Of course, I've got about a zillion other projects to do today, and here I am on the computer!

Melissa

My blog:

http://ButterscotchGrove.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - May 18 2010 :  5:34:43 PM  Show Profile
I worked on finishing up the embroidery bit on my farmgirl sisterhood badge (first time embroider), spent a wee bit of time with some acyrilic yarn (I've decided I strongly dislike it...I've always known but tried to give it a go due to the $$)and decided it would work well enough for throw pillows. I want to use the stuff since I have it but it's not my fav. I'm getting ready to hit the treadmill and hope to work on an apron once the kiddos are in bed. I love the look of the apron and hope it is just as nice in real life as the picture. I'm using thrifted sheets for this apron.

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

horseychick
True Blue Farmgirl

140 Posts

Melanie
Clarkston MI
USA
140 Posts

Posted - May 19 2010 :  05:43:17 AM  Show Profile
Nothing, nothing, nothing!!! I have 100 UFO's and 400 ideas of things I want to do but I'm a busy mom! I chomp at the bit, so wanting to work on things but I have a hard time justifying that crafting time when there are dishes in the sink, laundry to be done etc. Maybe if I build in an hour... It's that guilt thing, you know. My Etsy shops are being neglected. Any word of wisdom from those of you have been there. How do you work in your crafting time?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 264 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What are you working on today?? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page