churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  6:06:09 PM  Show Profile
I had long hair last year. Then one of the girls in the 2nd grade I volunteer with asked me why half my hair was brown and half was grey. I cut the half that had been colored off. I'm letting it grow out again. After 11 months, it is at my shoulder.

Marie, Sister #5142

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2013 :  4:30:23 PM  Show Profile
I have had mine cut short for the last two years but I am growing it out as dh likes it long and so do I. The back is close to being shoulder length but the front is layered. Working on long layers but right now I am trying to keep it looking nice while it grows out. I am hoping to eventually get it waist length like it used to be. It grows fairly quickly so hoping it won't take a long time. Love to wear the up dos when it is long and also braided.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2013 :  2:58:45 PM  Show Profile
My hair is between my shoulder blades and layered with bangs. It's over due for a dye job though I'm considering letting it grey naturally as long as I don't look like a witch.I keep it long because I live off grid and can't justify killing our battery pack or starting a generator over a little vanity that doesn't matter in the long run anyway. I have to wear my hair tied back or up while working with food. I'll get it cut shoulder length when it starts looking ratty.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

Rowdyazell
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Cindy
St. Louis MO
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2014 :  8:08:33 PM  Show Profile
I wore my hair short for many years, and colored it. In fact, I didn't even remember what the true color was since it had been over 20 years since I colored it all the time. Then a few years ago, I decided to grow it out so I could donate it to women recovering from breast cancer treatment. (Beautiful Lengths) I grew the color out, and the length, then cut it short again. It took 3 years. It was one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. I wear it short again, but will not color it.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  5:39:05 PM  Show Profile
I have long hair and plan on always keeping if. My family tells me I wouldn't look right with short hair. Most of my life it's been long.

My daughter has very long hair and is in her early thirties. She gets quite offended when other women at work try to talk her into cutting it off. They tend to try and make her feel out of place. She has told them she isn't out to please them and besides most guys like long hair.

Lavender Rose

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9247 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9247 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  6:53:21 PM  Show Profile
Well, I did go get a trim yesterday and decided to perm it. I am still letting it grow but in the wintertime it seems to have no body at all. So I figure it will be a pretty good length when the perm grows out and I will get it trimmed again so that it is just my natural hair again. I like to have it long but I hate when it hits a certain length, the one where it is to long to do a short style and to short to do anything else with it. So I will see if this works out the way I want it to. But I am determined to get it long again.

Denise
Farmgirl Sister #43

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path."
Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
http://www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2014 :  10:18:22 PM  Show Profile
My hair has been growing out since I had it colored last May. Eventually I'm cutting the colored part off. Don't care about the grey. I don't like how my hair feels when it's colored. Yuk! Long journey to make it right. Keep me motivated! Tempting to cut it short just to get rid of the colored part. Any ideas on an interim hair style. My hair is naturally wavy, has a mind of its own. I air dry my hair and don't use curling irons as it curls itself. So it can be healthy and is thick.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Janice
True Blue Farmgirl

191 Posts

Janice
Vancouver WA
USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2014 :  12:50:39 PM  Show Profile
My Hair is half way down my back, lots of layer, and I curl it twice a week. I curl it because it look un-kept if I don't. At my age I also color it Reddish-brown because the gray coming in is ugly. Yes, in my retirement year,some day, I will be going in to town every other week to the beauty parlor.
Janice Vintage Artist
Go to Top of Page

weavingthefuture
Farmgirl at Heart

6 Posts

lissa
zelienople pennsylvania
USA
6 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2014 :  12:01:14 PM  Show Profile
when i was little my mom kept my hair cut short. not quite what was called a 'pixie' in the early 60's, but nearly that short. she let me start growing it out somewhere around the 4th grade and by 7th grade it was past my waist. i cut it to shoulder length when i was a freshman in college, then grew it out again. then there was that horrible mullet phase i went through for a few years in the mid 80's... that took a long time and a lot of patience to grow out, lol. since the early 90's i've kept it at about the middle of my back. sometimes parted in the middle and sometimes parted on the side. but i just can't imagine not having long hair. i'm in my early 50's. most of the time i wear it down, although in really hot weather i sometimes wear a pony tail or braid.

sustainingmyspirit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  11:40:49 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Want your hair to grow faster, eat Jell-O. I have had a smoothie every day with a teaspoon of non-flavored gelatin in it for the past 8 months. I started out with my hair just below my ears and in June of last year it was below the ears in the front and just below my collar in the back. Today it is below my shoulder line in the front and touching my bra line in the back and that is only 8 months of growth. My husband is going to take a picture of me on June 13 this year to see the difference in length of one year. All I know is that Jell-O is suppose to be good for the hair and nails and I believe it. I think it has grown about 3/4" every month. I am working on getting it to my waistline.

Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  12:42:33 PM  Show Profile
long and natural chrome!

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Hodge-Lodge-Clothesline/285366378259342

Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Becky~ What do you make your smoothies with?

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  8:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I use fresh fruit like strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, banana, pineapple. Then apple pectin, unflavored gelatin, and either OJ, milk (occasionally) or other fruit juice. I told my husband that I would prefer for him to juice apples or carrots for me to add to the smoothie so it would be healthier.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  4:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Becky. I will have to try those! :)

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2014 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile
My hair is long. I've only cut it short a few times in my life. I'm contemplating doing it again. It does grow quickly for me, so not too scary! We'll see.

Farmgirl Hugs!

~April
River Valley Farmgirls
Chapter Leader

~Playing in the Sonshine~
Go to Top of Page

Tammyb
True Blue Farmgirl

511 Posts

Tammy
Bluffton Ohio
USA
511 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  08:03:35 AM  Show Profile
Well I do have rather long hair - getting close to my sit down part - rather curly/fuzzy and turning gray. Can't decide what to do with it. I see some really cute short or medium hair styles but I am never sure so I just keep letting it grow - never know I may end up with a cute cut soon.
Tammyb
sisterchick #541

Live to leave a legacy

Go to Top of Page

Crow
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Peggy
Millinocket Maine
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2014 :  08:18:45 AM  Show Profile
I had 6 inches cut off last spring and it is still hip length. Silver and a little left over blonde-y brown. I keep thinking I will get it layered or cut or something because I can't french braid it anymore. (Makes my arms complain loudly) But can't quite bring myself to do it.

Choose Joy :)
Go to Top of Page

Goat Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

Katherine
Lunenburg Vermont
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2015 :  03:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Yeah, mine is long. About mid-back. Natural color, that can look like red sometimes, dark brown sometimes. I have a problem of dry ends, any suggestions? Sorry about the late reply, just had my registration accepted about a week ago.

Vermont Goat Girl
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  09:15:56 AM  Show Profile
Katherine, Now I am being extremely late replying again here! LOL My hair was to my waist in February 2022 and here it is June and now it is shoulder length. Hubs and I had the c for the second time (first time was Dec 2019 before it had a name) with me getting shingles on top of it. Had it in my hair, my neck, chest, one arm and leg. Got over that and then my hair started to fall out by the handfuls. It is very thin now and short. I noticed today that the loss has slowed down. It now seems i have some that is growing back is a very different texture. It feels fluffier. I am taking vitamins, biotin and planning the gelatin like that was mentioned by Becky.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

Wanda Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

1121 Posts

Wanda
Murrells Inlet SC
USA
1121 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  10:48:31 AM  Show Profile
Betty we also had the C back in January and my hair loss is very distressing. When I brush or wash my hair it comes out in fist fulls. My stylist has given me vitamins to take which has the biotin. It is reassuring to know that it will start to grow back. Thanks for sharing.

A day hemmed in prayer is less likely to unravel.

Farm Girl #3677
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  11:59:19 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Wanda, it is upsetting. It was handfuls and my hair brush would be full too. I also started using a Neutrogena shampoo that seems to be helping. I also avoid blow drying and only use conditioner once a week. I do have some very thin spots, so I make sure to wear a hat when going outside. I am just viewing as just a season in life. Along with vitamins, biotin and trying the gelatin, I want to start back up using collagen. I am hearing lots have the same issue.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Back when covid began I was ready for a haircut but the salons were closed. Fast forward three years later and my hair is past my waist. I want it gone but DH loves it. I am tired of rolling it up in the car window and getting it caught in various other places including my mouth (or the cats mouth). I am getting up the nerve for a haircut by rationalizing: I can donate it to Locks of Love. I can save lots of water shampooing, thereby helping the drought. I will look like all the other old ladies. I can just use vinegar instead of conditioner. I'm trying to talk myself into this.....

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

Dapple Grey Lady
True Blue Farmgirl

725 Posts

Betty
Goodrich Texas
USA
725 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile
Judith, I loved my long hair in spite of all the issues just like you. Before February 22, I was sitting on my hair and had cut some off. I wore mine braided often and also twirled up in a bun. I have ball caps that are open on back and that's what I wore with it pulled up.

~ Betty ~
Farmgirl Sister # 5589
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2022 :  5:15:31 PM  Show Profile
I can't stand it on the back of my neck in hot weather so it's always up in a twist; same thing at night so it doesn't tangle
. I figure if it's always going to be up out of sight then it just as well might be cut short. I don't like ball caps; I see DH in them 24/7 but I have found several ladylike hats that are open in the back. I love it but I'm just getting too old to hassle with it.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2022 :  8:51:19 PM  Show Profile