NeeNee
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

WhiTTneY
South point Ohio
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2012 :  2:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Send NeeNee a Yahoo! Message
Mine is to the mid back, I cut my hair to my sholders when I was in elem like all the other girls an I regretted it. I adore how mary jane has hers, its beautiful. I love the gray long hair. I love the look. mine is usualy loosly braided to the side. I somethings do a messy bun on my crown. I usualy keep it loose cause I get head aces from my hair being tide up tight. My hair is my natural color but colored cause ive been grayish since ive been 21. An I dont think is soots me yet. but when I get there I just hope I have that natural beautiful gray some ladies are blessed with.

Thanks FarMgrL OuT!
FaRmGirL SiStEr# 3203
~ The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain. ~
~A Bible That is falling apart Probably belong to someone who isnt~
*Being fueled with self-determination can make us strive for great things.*

http://my2.tupperware.com/whittneyc
http://hislilwildflower.blogspot.com/
http://pinterest.com/neeneec/
Go to Top of Page

hialtfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

72 Posts

Terri
WA.
USA
72 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2012 :  03:55:50 AM  Show Profile
Mine is just past my shoulders, I have not cut it for oh...15 years... it has quit growing now.... all gray and very coarse like horse tail hair...use to be very fine...

"LOVING" life at 4000 feet..."LOVE" is a very splendid thing...
Go to Top of Page

dreaminfarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Kim
Mt. Angel OR
USA
13 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2013 :  1:04:34 PM  Show Profile
My hair is past my shoulders, about bra strap level. Usually pulled up l in a pony tail.

Dream, Believe, Achieve
Go to Top of Page

Melina
True Blue Farmgirl

435 Posts

Melina

USA
435 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  07:45:49 AM  Show Profile
I'm 65 and my hair is waist-length. I'm a natural dirty blond, now turning a glorious silver. My favorite thing is the nape hair which is a deep sable brown! I usually wear it in an English braid and the sable blends into the strands and makes it look multi-colored. One of my granddaughters calls it confetti hair.
I was never allowed to have long hair growing up, so after my biggest critic (Mom) died, I went for it. I got it to waist-length in 4 years, then cut it all off, hated it the minute I did it, and immediately started growing it again. I love my hair! I sometimes feel foolish to be this age with long hair, but I sure get the compliments, especially from men and older ladies.

The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep.
Rumi
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  3:14:58 PM  Show Profile
I feel the same way, Melina. It's my hair, and I will have it long. My mother would also cut mine off. My hair is curly, so it does better when it is long; I should say it's better to control! LOL.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  3:45:34 PM  Show Profile
Marly,
Mine is the same ... when it's short it just curls right up. When it is long it is heavier so not so much curl, more wave to it ... But I keep it in a braid most of the time. Only down when sleeping.

Teri

"There are black sheep in every flock"

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  3:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Teri, when I'm working/playing outside, I keep my plaited. Usually at night, I pull it up. If not, my cat sleeps on my hair. What a hooooot!!!!!!
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:02:48 PM  Show Profile
mine could make a nest in mine ... LOL!

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:53:13 PM  Show Profile
We cat lovers just have to find a way around our sweet cats. Teri, I used to put different colored pony tale holders in my hair, but Gracie would bite on them. I only wear the dark brown or black ones now! I love my cat/s.
Marly

Go to Top of Page

kysheeplady
True Blue Farmgirl

1291 Posts

Teri
KY
USA
1291 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  4:58:06 PM  Show Profile
How long is your hair Marly?

Teri

White Sheep Farm
www.whitesheepfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2013 :  7:58:16 PM  Show Profile
To my shoulders. I usually have it trimmed once a month, but I'm going to let it grow a bit longer. How long is your hair, Teri?
Marly

Go to Top of Page

HodgeLodge
True Blue Farmgirl

662 Posts

Tiana
Berkeley Springs WV
USA
662 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2013 :  3:46:00 PM  Show Profile
Waist length when not curly. I wouldn't have it any other way.

Farmgirl #4817-The greatest gift of the garden is the restoration of the five senses. ~Hanna Rion

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

1979 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
1979 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  05:58:21 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I have long hair. Have had almost all of my life and I'm 60. Wouldn't cut it for anything. Besides if I did it would age me alot. By the way it's all grey and white and still a little dark underneath. Have a neighbor who also has long grey and white hair. We both decided never to cut our hair.

Some women try to make me think it needs to be hacked off, but their opinions don't count. lol My husband likes it and that is all that matters to me.

Lavender Rose aka Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy--good or bad.
Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2013 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile
I use to keep my hair long and uncut. I loved doing up-dos and all the ways you can dress it up with hair sticks, flowers, bands and pretties. But back in 2003 I had a fight with cancer, and since then my hair grows in very strange ways. I've tried growing it long again, but I wind up cutting it short again. The top grows very straight and the back and sides grow very curly. And it grows in weird directions. I use to have curly/waves all over.

My hair is now kept short, like boy short, in the back and one side, the right side I keep about chin lentgh so I have something to play with and curl or dess-up. If I keep it boy short all over, I usually get asked out by other females. Which is flattering, but not what I'm looking for.

And I have a drawer full of hair pretties from the past that I can't get rid of. My daughter thinks of it as her treasure chest!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2013 :  11:38:13 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I just finally finished growing out my natural hair color to my shoulders and I want to go longer now. I keep it long layered, parted on the side, top knot/bun for when I get annoyed. ;)

Go to Top of Page

TexasJo
True Blue Farmgirl

161 Posts

Jody
Berthoud CO
USA
161 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2013 :  7:46:53 PM  Show Profile
I like mine long mostly but cut it short to my chin a few years back. Its back to middle of my back now. Fun both ways but I feel like me with it long. I had to cut it short after surgery cuz I couldn't even roll over without help and it got stuck all the time so ir had to be cut off for awhile.

We can do it!
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2013 :  09:07:40 AM  Show Profile
I have been growing my hair out for just over a year now and I love it, so many things you can do with longer hair, I had to keep the bangs though as my forhead is too high to be without the bangs. I probably will not cut my hair again....Once thing I love braids!
Go to Top of Page

FARMALLChick
True Blue Farmgirl

978 Posts

Lora
Alexandria IN
USA
978 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  2:22:29 PM  Show Profile
Middle of my back - thinking of going back to bangs if I can get them cut right.

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway" -John Wayne
www.CountryFriedAcres.etsy.com www.farmallchick.blogspot.com www.farmallchickphotos.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  5:19:12 PM  Show Profile
Funny that this topic should pop up again; I have been growing my hair longer for the past eh 1&1/2 years now (was always very short) It is now a couple of inches past my soulders, I started to let the bangs grown out also but I really need the bangs I think, never gonna cut the length again I say, I usually wear it swept up but cant wait to be abel to braid my hair and I am 55!
Go to Top of Page

Betty J.
True Blue Farmgirl

1401 Posts

Betty
Pasco WA
USA
1401 Posts

Posted - May 30 2013 :  5:30:23 PM  Show Profile
Not going to attempt it again. Grew it for three years and then got cancer and it all fell out. Now back to my old boyish cut and gonna get it cut tomorrow.

Betty in Pasco

Go to Top of Page

mrssarahhall
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Sarah
Longmont Colorado
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  7:20:02 PM  Show Profile
What an interesting forum topic! Mine is currently about 2/3 down my back now. I am growing it out for a charity event that takes place next April. I will get it trimmed between now and then, but not cut. I have never participated in this event and can't wait to see how long I can get it before donating!

Sarah
Farmgirl # 5223

All good things are wild and free- Henry David Thoreau

A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are a little cracked.

Edited by - mrssarahhall on Jun 05 2013 7:20:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

coaloha
True Blue Farmgirl

502 Posts

Pam

USA
502 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2013 :  8:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Send coaloha an AOL message
I am enjoying this conversation. My hair is now about half way down my back...and I don't plan to ever cut it beyond a gentle trim. I too am inspired by MaryJane's braids, and also by the older women that I saw when I was living in Hawaii. So many older Hawaiian woman had long (!) silver grey hair and they wore it with such grace...and that's when I realized that I could also wear my hair just as I wanted at any age.

Pam
Farmgirl #1075
Go to Top of Page

true_blue
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Missouri
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2013 :  11:19:11 AM  Show Profile
I've got long hair, almost middle of my back. Truth is, when I'm outside it's usually up in a ponytail, but I love wearing it down whenever I can.
Go to Top of Page

Sue Feely
True Blue Farmgirl

1044 Posts

Sue
Buffalo New York
USA
1044 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  4:40:18 PM  Show Profile
Right now my hair is longer than it has been in probably 35 years or more! I decided a couple of years ago to let it grow, may sound silly but I really want to wear braided pigtails! As of right now, my hair is about 4 inches past my shoulders and growing!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2013 :  5:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Since becoming a member of Mary Jane's, reading this post, I have decided to let my hair grow. Started about May of this year. It started out about ear length and now is just below my shoulders in 6 months. I have tried to cut the front just a little for bangs, but my husband wants me to let it all grow. SO for now I wear a headband to keep it out of my eyes, sometimes in a ponytail. Just the other day I bought a topsytail and it works great. I have tried braids and that is my goal, but my hair is still a little too short for that. I love reading about the different styles and lengths on this site.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Farmgirl Fashion: Previous Topic Do You Have Long Hair? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page