Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  6:42:30 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, Praying for you.....Praying for all the right answers, calm, collected, the interview panel to find favor in you, God's light to shine through you! Go Get em!
Angela...you're amazing! You're like the eveready bunny...you just keep hopping!!!
Cherime, your plants sound wonderful...I hope they let me have one or two at my desk!
My daughter is home for a week! Yeah, so fun to have her home with her friends..it's always fun! Makes me feel young and alive!!!!
Enjoy the porch tonight...the stars and fireflies wherever you are!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  6:50:57 PM  Show Profile
Tomorrow is the big day! Can't wait!
Monica, enjoy the time with your daughter!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  7:03:00 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Everyone! How are ya'll doing this evening?

Monica, I hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter this week!

Megan, I hope you have a great day tomorrow! Tell us all about it when you get back.

Theresa, I'm praying for ya!

Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  7:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
I have so missed yall. Tried to get on computer yesterday but had a bad storm and knocked out internet. The first two days of school have gone well although I have to say I am tuckered out. It always takes me a week to get back into the flow of working full time. My little butterflies just make me laugh. They are so funny. One little girl came and looked around and said I like the way you fixed the place up. What a hoot! We are working on getting into routine and getting back into learning.

Peggy I am praying for you dear. I am so sorry for your heartache. but I know God has a plan.

angela I am so sorry about hyubby. I know where you are at. My dear hubby went through that. But God was so good. He simply amazed me and we learned that we would be just fine. I will pray for yall too.

To all the rest of yall, I love reading about your days and your stories. They make me smile as I have evening tea. Well yall I am ready for shower and bed. 5:45 comes around early.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  12:40:09 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porchies...I tried to stay off my computer today and get somethings done around here before my place gets
up and runs away from neglect. I had to go back two pages tonight to catch up with all you! Everybody is so busy and there is just so much to talk about and listen to...it really does sound like a "Hen House" LOL!

I still feel a bit down about my son and his girlfriend...but like I said, God and I will work through it. It
won't happen over night though. My son turns 32 this Saturday and so today I worked on a Special Surprise to go along with his regular store bought b-day gift. I wrote a Poem about him when he was 2 1/2...so, I dug out that Journal and typed up the Poem for him and framed it. Then I have a little ceramic blue bird that my oldest son bought for me on the day my middle son was born. So, I wrapped that up for him. And then I put his 14k gold baby ring in a box and wrapped that for him too. I hope those little extra things will cheer his heart up a bit. He is very introverted (not at all like his Momma) and he holds all his feelings inside. So, even since he was little...I have felt pretty helpless to be able to truly comfort him. He was the type of child that if he ever got hurt...he didn't want you even acknowledging that you saw it happen, and he never cried. I think I have only seen him cry once in his entire life and it was the worst day of his teenage life! He'll probably wonder even now...why mom is being so sappy and sentimental...but hey, I still try to reach out and be there for him...even if he doesn't want me to. Because that is just how my Mom's Heart Works!

I went out today and cut back all my huge elephant ear size squash leaves...hoping that by doing so, I will get some more blooms and squash before the season is over. And I did that with my tomato plants too. All the growth was going to the vegetation and vary little to the produce. Hopefully now the tomatoes will get bigger and ripen. We'll see! That was my theory anyway. It was a nice 97 degrees while I was out doing that!

Well girls you are each and everyone... such sources of encouragement and love. Thanks for just being YOU!
You're all marvelous women and a joy to know.

Hugs & another growing season,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 25 2010 12:45:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  06:51:38 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I'm heading to the farmers market for some groceries...would you like to go with me?
We could stop at the little old Merchantile store nearby and browse through and see what goodies we can find(all second hand treasures) and then it will take all your cares away for a while!
Hugs..
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  08:45:57 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' porch sisters. So much going on everywhere.... nice to have a place to share, just listen sometimes and bask in the love and caring.

I love your "Mom's Heart" Peggy, your boys are very lucky. My mom wasn't sentimental at all and kept very little from our childhood, may explain why I keep E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. my kids bring home. It's not good or healthy and they even wonder at some of the things I have. Someday I'll go through it with them and "cull the herd". Today I watched my teens climb on the bus for the new year. I'm not usually teary-eyed on these days but my oldest is a senior and now I realize how quickly the years have gone and am left wondering if we did a good enough job raising him?... is he ready soon to be independent?.... did he take lunch money?....

Cherime - your office jungle sounds incredible!

Theresa, praying that your interview goes well.

I hope all you school goers enjoy another (or first) great day!
Cooler weather here the next few days - I hope to get the outside of my camper painted over the weekend and the church picnic is Sunday - need to figure out something to take (side dish and a dessert). ANybody have a tried and true crowd-pleasing recipe to share. Maybe something a little unusual but simple to make?...

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 25 2010 08:48:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Staci...you sure sound like you're doing a fine job. Remember..."Raise them up in the way they should go and they shall not depart from it."You're covered sister. My son left for college when he was 17 and I thought I'd die. I didn't and he knew how to do his laundry, cook and clean. We both survived and almost 20 years later alls well and he did not depart from his teachings. We all worry and wonder but when God's in the picture he's got it covered. I kept everything too! LOL! The kids enjoyed getting back so don't fret, one day you'll be able to cull...just not yet! LOL!

Peggy...How special to do that for your son. Even if they don't show it, they always need a mother's love. I personally believe the strongest bond is between a mother and her child. No disrespect to the fathers but that's how I feel.

Have to get ready to go watch the 2 little GKS so daughter can go to the dentist.

Catch up with you all later unless I'm worn out! LOL!
"

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Healing Touch told me about your wonderful porch. I'm a bit new to this.. I'm moving to northern Oregon in November from California. A bit of starting over and reinventing myself at 53. I'm giving up my log house my family and I build 6 years ago and closing my quilt shop after 9 years. Life is a bit scary for me right now and could really use some friends. I have been reading MaryJane's magazine for quite a while now and love it. Glad to have found you..

bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:43:58 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone.... will let you know how it turns out.

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny, you have come to the right place! We are so happy to have you!
Just pull up a chair and join in!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  09:57:25 AM  Show Profile
Staci, you sound like a great mom....it's not about the stuff...it's about the love...and you've given plenty of that!
I kept everything of my daughter's also! I even have a few things of neices and nephews...crazy!
BearClover: How exciting for you! I'm from No. Ca. and grew up in Oregon! Southern though....my neices live up North in the Portland area....it's beautiful there...lots of nurseries if you like to garden...it's probably hard to close your quilt shop, which one did you have? Loved those shop hops...miss them!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  10:12:02 AM  Show Profile
Staci, my shop is Bunny Rose & Co. in Groveland. I'm 25 miles from Yosemite park. I'll be trying to liquidate everything I can in October after our shop hop in September. I wish I could use the shop hop to sell every thing off but we sign a contract agreeing not to have big sales that will hurt the other shops. I will miss my shop but will always be a quilter. I'm hoping to do some teaching at local shops when I get to Oregon. I'm friends with Alex Anderson and have been on her online quilt show "www.thequiltshow.com" I was the "treasure chest" hostess for a few seasons. I have learned so much over the years. I'll be in The Dalles about 1 1/2 hours away from Portland. I see it as a new adventure. Just wish I didn't have to move in with my mom to do it. She has never been a positive person in my life. But she is stepping up to give me a hand so I'll make it work. The sad thing is I have family that has so much money they don't know what to do with it all... they don't even want to make eye contact afraid I will ask for help. I knew better. My mom who has nothing, told me I could come and live with her when ever I needed to for as long as I need. Interesting how that works.

www.bunnyrose.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  10:56:30 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I have learned that those who have don't want to lose a dime, but those who don't know what it's like to do without and can't stand to see others that way. My family is the same way. We have people who never cook for themselves because it's funner to go out to eat, while my grandpa has to scrimp and save to buy peanut butter. I send food and money to them every few weeks, and my Hubby has been out of work for all but 3 months the last 2 years. I just sent a bunch of stuff that I have canned and frozen from my garden and bought my grandpa 2 jars of peanut butter with some homemade jelly. It's his favorite lunch and he won't buy it cause grandma doesn't like it. He says they need to buy things they can share. I get kinda angry at some of the others for not helpin out, but I figure they'll get theirs in the end. They don't teach their children to share or care, so they will be in trouble when they are old and can't do for themselves. My girls have even took their own money, which they earned by workin for neighbors and family, and have bought things for their great-grandparents without bein asked to. I love my girls!

I am workin the garden this mornin since it's in the high 70s instead of high 90s for the next few days. I am lovin this weather. I still have enough time for one last crop of carrots, beets and bush beans to be planted, so I'm makin space for them. I need to finish diggin the taters anyhow, so that will give me the space for them.

I was given a rather large rooster for butcherin and I have 5 big enough to butcher in my coop, so I will have meat for the freezer this week! Yea! I will also have fruit in the freezer tonight. I'm gonna take good advantage of the cooler weather and see what can be canned and cooked and froze each evenin once it's too dark for the garden.

My hubby said tryin to put in apps after 4 is a waste cause everywhere is managerless and gettin ready to close for the day, so he's tillin and weedin and diggin with me from then till dark each night. I so enjoy havin him with me in the garden. We like to compete to see who can fill the garden cart with weeds faster and who can find the biggest vege in the jungle growin out there. It is so fun it's more game than work!

Well, my break is over. I'm headin back to the garden. You ladies enjoy your afternoon!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  11:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I have seen that in so many families and it is so awful that they are afraid to help each other. One thing I drilled into my kids is that family always helps each other. Recently my son had to ask for help and his sister and my son in law stepped up to help out. What a blessing that was. Selfishness never pays and being conservative just so one can conserve at the expense of others does not bring anything good to that person. That is not a Godly value. You and Natesgirl are the ones who will be blessed.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  12:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Bunny...Welcome to the Porch! I am so glad that Darlene told you to "come on over and sit a spell". We have
a Fabulous Group of Women (and beautiful young girls) here! We all love to share and experience life
together: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, and The Humorous all get shared right here on The Porch.

Isn't it sad that most well-to-do people are only that way because they're penny pinchers?
I believe the Good Lord admonishes us to share what little we do have. I have had times when
my cupboards were near empty...but I knew someone was worse off than I was and I just had to
share my meagerness with them. Some little something is a whole lot more than "Nothing". And
it always amazes me how God increases the supply for both parties. One of my favorite scriptures
talks about one of the early churches giving out of their "poverty". That has always been my example
to live by. I love that! I Live right across the River from Portland Or... and go through
the Dalles many times to go to Spokane each year. Can't say that is one of my favorite places as it
is either too hot and arid in the summer or two cold in the winter...but it will be an Adventure and
that is a GREAT way to look at it. God has a plan and a purpose for your and He wants His Very Best For You!

Staci...my mom wasn't sentimental either. She always expects others to give to her but not visa versa. We
rarely even had birthday celebrations at our home when I was growing up. I look at it this way about
raising our kids...You do the best you can with what you've got and what you know and then you pray
that God fills in The Gaps! Because after all...He is the BEST PARENT there is.

Darlene...I have always clung to that scripture about raising them in the way they should go and when they are
old they will not depart from it. God is so Faithful to keep His promises too! Even today over my son...I just have to curl up at the feet of Jesus and let it go and let God!

Angela...you have a lot of wisdom too young lady! I love how your little family pulls together, works together
and plays together and helps others together.

Pam...good afternoon Sweetie! How are you and the dogs doing today? Staying cool I hope! It's a nice warm one
out there for sure! Suppose to start cooling down by twenty degrees tomorrow. Which I know is what
"Normal" people enjoy but I love this heat. Fall is so in the air here though at night and early mornings...it is beginning to draw
me in and get me excited despite my love of Summer.

Monica...How did a PNW Girl end up in Florida???

Well girls I better go eat some lunch. My stomach is growling louder than my AC unit. LOL

I will probably be back later tonight!

Hugs & Joy,
~peggy

Lady In Red

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 25 2010 1:03:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  2:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon ladies! So much going on with everyone. I hope that your day has been a positive and wonderful one. I've had to deal with some yucky clients today so I'm ready to head home and kick back with Mark and the pups.

Peggy-you are so wonderful! I'm glad you're adopting me. LOL!

Bunny-WELCOME! We are somewhat close to eachtother. I'm in Portland. If you get this way, maybe we can get Peggy to come into town too for some coffee and window shopping. I'm glad Darlene brought you over.

I am a firm believer in sharing and having an open door. I got that from my mom. At Christmas no one in our small town ever went without. We would open our doors to everyone and they all had a little gift under the tree. We would put on little pageants and my brother would bring home sailors who didn't have any place to go. My mom was great, a little nutty sometimes but aren't we all. LOL!

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  3:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Hey Porchies! Boy did my garden have a few surprises for me. I was diggin through the weeds and gettin ready to ditch all the sunscalded plants to make room for the fall plantin. I found 9 more squash, half a basket of peppers, a handful of cherry tomatoes, a bowls worth of miniture cucumbers, and 15 heads of cabbage a little bigger than softballs! My garden cart is pretty full and we had to have our DD go get it for us. We didn't expect anything, so all we took was 1 bowl and my basket. SURPRISE!

I'm gonna make cabbage and carrots for dinner tonight to go with the corned beef my DH put in the crockpot this mornin!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  5:37:26 PM  Show Profile
Hey Pam...Loved your story about your Mom...how fabulous! Sorry you have to deal with "The Pukes of Society" as my little sister called them when she worked as a Balif. She also would be the first one to step-up on their behalf if she even halfway believed they got a raw deal in the System. She talked tough and got a bit jaded but she had a big heart! ~I have already officially adopted you!!! I decided to skip the paper work...not necessary!
But I did read that Darlene adopted you too but since her and I look like sisters and all...well, let's just say it's a Family Thing and I am soooo good with it! LOL

Angela...I am beginning to think you might have even found your "babies" in a Garden...under the weeds and leaves. LOL My mom use to tell us when we were kids that she found us in a cabbage patch under a rock.

Bunny...you bet, if you make it to the big city of Portland for shopping or what ever, Pam and I will for sure
love to meet up with you somewhere. That would be fun! Keep it in mind for down the road sometime! I guess you first need to move back up this way. When exactly will you make the big move?

Hey Paula Dean...are you on here??? It is another Hot day today and I am thinking maybe Pam and I will get on our bikes and come sit in the tubs tonight. What do you think? As you know...mine is a one speed trike...it could take us awhile. Smile! Got any of that Peached Ice Tea?

Well, I'm headed for Vancouver in awhile for some time with my hubby at our favorite hang out...Barnes & Noble.
They all worry about us if we don't make it in there at least four times per week. Have you ever been to a Retail Store where the employees give you birthday presents and Christmas presents invite you to their baby showers, bridal showers and weddings etc. Well, we call their Cafe our Office...and they treat us like Family. At Christmas last year they asked me if I wanted to reconsider going back to work because they were really busy and needed extra help. They know I managed Christian Book Stores for a good chunk of my adult life. It's funny!
Borders did the same thing with me when I knew one of their Managers for awhile. I told them with my Fibro...I wouldn't even hire myself, I'd be pretty pathetic in the workforce now. They would have to give me nap breaks every thirty minutes and find me a new brain because mine left me 7 years ago.

Well, I'm off for awhile. It was another day of not accomplishing much...but I guess I was making up for yesterday. When I get that urge and strength to get things done, like yesterday...I have to go with it because most days I just can't go there. My days usually consist of just doing the necessities (if that) and some crafting. But Hey...it's not life threatening so I'm good with it.

Enjoy your Evening,
Hugs, Peg

Lady In Red

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 25 2010 5:42:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  5:41:49 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone! Back from my first day as a big high schooler! I had so much fun! I know all of my teachers and where all of my classes are, though I'll still probably need to carry my schedule around for a while. I met so many new people, and I feel so much better about tomorrow when all of the classes will be there and not just freshmen!
Angela, sounds like all is going well on your end.
Bunny, welcome to the porch! We always welcome anyone with open arms!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  6:50:24 PM  Show Profile
Yeah, Megan....how fun for you! Hope you have an excellent year!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  7:33:58 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
I hope this evening finds you all doing well. It was a great day at school with the butterflies. But I have to say I am plum tired when I get home. Tonight I made basil, thyme, and parmasan chicken with the herbs out my own garden. That is a first for me and I was so excited. when it came out of the oven it smelled delightful.

Welcome Bunny to the porch it is a great place.

Megan glad you had a wonderful day.

well ladies I am off for shower, read a bit with my tea and then bed.

blessings and hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com

Farm Sister #1889
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  7:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Megan, I loved high school. But I'm kinda strange cause I'm on my third 'class' since graduating and would probably take classes every year if I could afford to. I simply love to learn! That's why I read all the time and have built my own little library at home. I have 8 bookcases and 3 cardboard boxes of books, and only about 20 or so of those books are fiction.

I am gettin off here early tonight to shower and pack my things for tomorrow. I have my first master preserver class at 9 in the mornin! I'll check back in the evenin tomorrow. Bye!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2010 :  8:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Bunny...Glad you came on over. I knew you would be close to Pam and Peggy. Isn't that nice? You'll enjoy your visits. You know we solve all the worlds problems here. LOL!

Peggy and Pam...Ride on over to the tubs...they're ready for you. Everyone, come on over. I made some manicotti and because I don't want to cook tomorrow I made a ham and scalloped potatoe dish that we can eat also. Peach tea too!

Canned salsa, froze peppers and zuchinni. Garden still going strong.

Meghen...School is sounding sooooo exciting. I remember, way back in the dark ages, how exciting it would be to see everyone. Then I cheered for the football games. So much fun. Enjoy every minute because it goes fast.

I was on another forum and they gave recipes for cake mix cookies. I think I'll do red velvet cookies or whoopie pies. I'll bring them to the porch tomorrow.

Blessings and Peace,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

DNA doesn't make us sisters, Love does!

The road to a friends house is never to long!

Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2010 :  04:06:33 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thursday One and All,
Today is my last day of work until Sept 8th! Thank you Jesus for paid vacation time off from work! My vacation plans- canning, freezing & drying garden and market produce, bike rides, hiking trails, the NYS fair for a day, cleaning out the attic, gathering stuff for a friend's garage sale, reading, work on DGS's quilt, play with DGKs, an afternoon at the Strong National Museum of Play with DGD, more bike rides, a nap, back to school shoppng with DD, staying with my grandmother-in-law for a couple of days so that my mother-in-law can get away from caregiving and get some rest, and I think another nap!

Bunny- Welcome to the porch! You are extremely blessed to have a mother who keeps her doors open for you. My mother is not like that. We realize that she did the best she could. So, I envy you for having a mother who welcomes you home.

Angela- Enjoy your master preserver class. I need you to teach me some of your food preserving wisdom! I really want to do some root cellaring, but we are limited by the size of our city yard. How big is your garden? My mother always had a large garden. We like to tease her because she would go out to pick cucumbers and come back in grumbling that there weren't any. Dad would grab a milk pail and head out to the garden and come back in with it filled with cucumbers that she missed .

Darlene- Please pass me a moonpie! They look delicious, thank you!

Tammy- I am looking forward to stories about your butterflies! My Weight Watcher's leader is an alamentary school teacher. Last evening at our meeting she was sharing how the first week of school are the most exhausting days of the year.

Megan- Congrats on successfully surviving your first day of high school! Yesterday we finally made the decision on where our youngest DD will go to school this fall. The schools in our city are dysfunctional, disorganized, unsafe and failing the kids. The low test scores and high drop out rate confirm my experiences with the city schools. We homeschooled her for 8 years then tried a charter school for 9th grade. For a variety of reasons it didn't work out. So, we finally agreed to send her to a Christian school. It is a good thing we finally made a decision- school starts in 2 weeks!

Peggy- I love Barnes & Noble! About once a week DH and I wink at each other, tell the kids we are heading out on a cheap date, and go to B&N. We all love books and there are books in every room of our house. History, theology, nature, Dr Seuss, classics, gardening, cookbooks... I heard that the popularity of electronic books is threatening the paper book industry, but I sincerely hope that real books never stop being printed. I love the feel and smell of real books.

Pam- It must have been wonderful growing up in your house! Open doors at Christmas, homeless sailors, plays! It is no wonder that you have a career helping others and standing up for those in need!

Oh, my! What a long post. I am going out for a walk before leavng for work.

Have a blessed day!

Lida

Edited by - Lida on Aug 26 2010 5:25:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page