Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  6:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Darlene! I got your picture today. You are SO pretty! I just love your hair!

Staci-I got your picture today too! You are just too cute for words! I can't believe you have teenage children-you look so young!

Thank you ladies for the pictures.

Peggy-how is your headache? I hope you are getting some rest.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  6:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Dana, I got your picture yesterday! You are so pretty! Your daughter's birthday sounds so fun.
Staci, I think everyone gets tired of summer at some point in time!
Tomorrow is check in day. Basically I get my student id, get gym clothes, find my locker, all that good stuff! Pretty exciting! It does seem like just yesterday was the start of second grade:(
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:00:02 PM  Show Profile
I got the job! I start on the the 3rd! and then have 3 days off! Nice! LOL! I'm working for the State of FL. should be interesting. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement!
Hope you're feeling better soon Peggy...just rest! Dana, sounds like you had some fun on that horse! HMMmmmm...
Cherime welcome back to work.......you're all such a blessing, really!

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Monica, congratulations!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  7:28:55 PM  Show Profile
Work is a jumble. But my poor plants needed me! I had to water when I hit the door. I have a real jungle in the office and neither of my two bosses mind. A friend brought be some fresh produce from her garden yesterday afternoon. The carrots were sweet little sugar lumps and just right for afternoon snacks. My garden did nothing this year. I wasn't able to give it enough time and there was too much rain this year. My daughter and I did get in the community garden and that being about 10 miles away and against a mountain, the drier side, did a bit better. I have two lovely quart jars of veggie chowder for lunch this week.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  9:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
YAY Monica!! I am so happy for you!
Hugs,
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  9:44:58 PM  Show Profile
Well, I managed to tame the front porch. I have a total of 26 quart bags of cut off corn and 3 dozen on the cob ears in my freezer. There is 2 crates of pumpkins and 3 crates of butternut squash in the basement. I have a small wicker trash basket that my mom made me for holdin onions full of onions in the laundry room. I also have 2 small tubs, about 2 1/2 gallon size, of red and white potatoes in the laundry room. I still have peppers and eggplant in the kitchen beside 5 squash, 2 zucchini, and a spaghetti squash on my shelf. I will be pickin peaches and pears tomorrow to can and make butters with.

My life took a little spin today. My poor DH found out why there is such a bad turn over at his job when the boss seemed so wonderful. The man doesn't 'drink', but then every once in a while he does. He decided that my DH stoppin to get a pack of smokes and a soda on his way past a gas station was reason enough to yell and rant at him in front of everyone. He just jumped him when my DH came back to the office after the job he was on. My poor DH tried to just go on and even did another job, then he couldn't take it. The man had him so upset that when my DD texted her dad to ask where the hammer was he sent her a very nasty text. I called him to see what was the problem with her usin the hammer and he jumped all over me. I hung up, waited 15 minutes and called him back. He apologized and told me what had happened. I told him to come home! I won't have him workin somewhere that is gonna cause trouble in our family. He was miserable and shouldn't have been treated that way, but it's just a job. A friend said that the factory he works at is hirin for drivers and my DH has his CDLs. He could go back to drivin at least till he finds something better. He is so upset that he barely ate a thing at dinner. He had come home, showered, dressed nice, and took off to put in a few applications, so I made dinner for when he came back. He just wasn't very hungry and he went to bed early so he could get up early.

We'll get by. He'll find something a whole lot easier this time than he did last year. He's not tryin to work aroound a neck injury this year. His neck hasn't bothered him once since he went back to work, so it won't affect his job choices anymore. He's going to go see if the new extension can be applied to his original unemployment claim, which would make it to where he can draw it right away. He has an appointment for an interview in the mornin, but the job is doin them for 2 weeks, then takin a week to decide who to give the job to. He doesn't want to wait for more than a month with no money if he gets the job. He also doesn't want to waste 3 weeks waitin for nothin if he doesn't. I'm gonna encourage him to try the work one center in town tomorrow. They should be able to help him now that his neck isn't an issue. They tried last year, but he was looked at as a 'dumb truck driver' at every office job he tried to get. They didn't seem to see that he had spent 8 years in office jobs before goin to truck drivin. He would probably still be at the Sherriffs Dept if it weren't for the fact he was dispatchin the day one of the officers got shot. He was really close friends with the officer and he was stuck in the office and couldn't do anything to help. The man wound up dyin a week later in the hospital. My DH lost it and began hatin that job. He was terrified eveytime an officer pulled someone over. It was just too much for him. He knows computers and types super fast and can handle multiple phone calls at once, but is only seen as a driver everywhere he goes.

There are a few drivin jobs he would really like to get. One is for a produce company and give him the ability to bring home all the 'damaged' produce for our chickens. We know a guy who worked there for a while till he moved away. Most of the 'damaged' produce was dented boxes and the stuff was good usable things, but can't be sold if it's bruised or old. We can feed questionable items to the chickens and cook, can, freeze, or dry the rest. I really hope he gets that job.

I hope everybodies first day of school went, and will go, well. I know some haven't started yet and some have.

Hopefully everyone is doin all right. I have some bbq chicken and fried corn left from dinner. It's really good! Grab some and eat up Girls!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:07:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Gee...If you're off here for a few hours you need to really catch up!LOL!

Peggy...What can I say...I received your wonderful card, bookmark encouraging words and loved your thoughtfulness and kindness. Right back at you dear one. Sometimes God puts people in our path because they need someone like yourself to love and show them the way. What you instilled was a blessing to a mommy and little boy who needed it and it will reap rewards for years to come because good memories always remain. The balancing act with them and your son will just have to play out in the way it has to be. God is in control of All things and he will bring you all through it for he never forsakes us. I pray for your peace and contentment. We are never done being mother's are we? Been there myself! I'm coming right over and I'm going to just hug and hold you tight and we'll cry and get it out of your system. And them we're going to eat CHOCOLATE!!!We will need some of Angela's vodka too! LOL!

Pam...You are movie star gorgeous sister! Lola's quite the beauty queen also! Thank you for the kind and loving words...I
am adopting you too!

Monica...Love your picture you look like a sexy momma...very pretty. Thanks for the nice note and message card. Where did you get the card? I never find anything like that around here. My sister lives in Gulfport, how far away are you? Congrats on the job...you go girl. Are you the Governor? LOL!

Dana...Yes there's just no comparison when you get back in the saddle is there??? Glad your daughter had a great party, even if neither one of you would dismount!LOL! Looks like she'll throw that tiara and tutu away or maybe she'll just ride with them...Your picture of you and the baby are beautiful and are still on my computer because you know why...hafta figure out how to get you off!

Channah and Meghan...More young ladies should be like you...Hanging out here with us chicks with all our stories and making sure we scare you enough so you wait until you're 30 to get married and maybe you might have kids despite our stories of our own!LOL! Have a great time in school etc.

Teacher sister...more power to you. It takes a special person to do what you do.

Angela...you are so lucky to have found a husband and his family to love you all unconditionally. It's not easy to accept someone else's child. You found a gem.

Blessings and hugs,
Darlene
Sister 1922

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2010 :  10:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Angela...just saw your post after I posted mine. Sorry about DH. No one needs to be treated like that on the job. Hope he gets the jo he wants. Praying for you all. Never a dull moment. What would we all do without the drama! Hang in there kiddo.

Hugs and Blessings,
Darlene

The road to a friends house is never to long!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  12:28:05 AM  Show Profile
Darlene...I about wet my pants laughing at your message to me! Paula Deen has nothen on you girlfriend!
Absolutely Nothen! Darlene bring a big piece of Chocolate would you? I ate all my 7 layer chocolate
cake even though I promised half to Lida. I must have stress ate...cause when I looked around it was
just flat out gone!
I'll take those hugs too. Chocolate, hugs, a shoulder to cry on and Vodka (?). No, we'll leave the
Vodka for the skunks!

Angela...I am so sorry for your hubby. Good grief people can get a twist in their shorts so easily these days!
Life is too short and precious to work for mean people! We will be praying for your sweet little
family. But girlfriend if ever there was a household prepared in advance for making ends meet it is
yours. I knew God had you doing all that harvesting, canning, freezing, dehydrating and storing... for
more than just trying to prove you're the Proverbs 31 Woman!

Monica...Congrats on the Job! That is truly an answer to our prayers. I'm doing the Happy Dance for you!

Dana...sounds like the birthday party was a hit! I always knew I didn't know how to ride horses right...you
just confirmed it! LOL

My headache has been gone most of the afternoon. I tried some of Angela and Dana's RETAIL THERAPY and it
worked amazing well. So, did a mile and a half walk with Bella. I know it was just a stress headache! And I know each of you girls are absolutely right...God brings people into our lives sometimes just for a season.
I can only pray that I made a difference for awhile. They made a difference in my life that is for sure!

Megan and Channah...you didn't stay on the porch too long tonight. Hope you both had a great day! Hey, Megan
didn't you make Choc. Chip cookies this morning? Do you have any chips left???? Skip the cookie...I just need
the chocolate! LOL

Well my bed is calling my name. I spent most of the evening wrapping birthday gifts. Our family has 3 birthdays this week alone. And then I wrapped some MJF Pkgs to go out tomorrow. I am beat. Thanks for the laughs tonight
they elevated my mood a lot!

Hugs,
Peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  03:02:53 AM  Show Profile
Peggy! You are way to kind! I'm hardly the Proverbs 31 woman. I seem to be stuck in idle alot and that is definitly a no-no for her. I am very glad for all the extra stuff we have stored up. I will be much less worried about feedin my herd with the extras now in our larder. I will say I'm glad to have my DH home for today. I was not lookin forward to climbin the ladder to do the pickin today. Is that selfish? I just really hate hieghts, but I REALLY love pears and my girls love their peaches.

Thank you all for the prayers and kind words. My family is in a little bit of an uncertain area, but we are happier when daddy is happier. My girls understand that this means puttin a few things on hold till the money is available, but they prefer us less stressed than when work is pure torture. We all agree that protectin our family comes first and if that means things are tight while jobs are changed, it's worth it. My oldest is tryin to convert her boyfriends mother to our way of thinkin. She hates her job and is miserable to even be around all week long, but is pleasant on the weekends. Hopefully she'll come around soon.

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  05:26:58 AM  Show Profile
Mornin' Ladies!
Pam, thank you for the kind words. I don't feel as old as my birthday and glad that you think I don't look it either. I got your picture yesterday, too. You're a stunner! The pink hat (my fav. color) and scarf just set off your coloring so well. And Lola is tooo cute.

Dana, I remember the challenge in deciding whether or not to put the kids in pre-school. We were blessed that my DH worked (and still does) for a church with a great daycare & pre-school. The teachers were loving and the kids were actually taught all kinds of things. Even though I was only working part time then, my children loved the social aspect of it all. I hope you find the perfect place for your DD.

Oh, Megan can I go with you? I love lockers and bookbags and all that stuff. Have fun!
Of course - home schoolin with Channah would be a blast - I'd probably get in trouble for goofin off though.

Monica, praise the Lord! So happy for you. May it be a great place to work and a blessing to you.

Angela - alright after reading your posts I'm seriously ready to go crawl back in bed and take a nap for you. My plans for the day are so puny in comparison. I pray that all will work for the good of your sweet family as your DH finds the job God has lined up for him.

Cherime, your office sounds pretty neat. I'm not too good with indoor plants so I try not to get too attached. I can handle norfolk pine, cactus and a terrarium or two. So, I'm glad the houseplants of the world have a safe refuge in Alaska with you. Happy that you were able to get some produce this season. Too hot and dry here this year.

Peggy, glad to hear you're feelin better.

I'd love some more photos for my album if anyone else wants to swap.

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

Edited by - staci860 on Aug 24 2010 05:32:20 AM
Go to Top of Page

staci860
True Blue Farmgirl

838 Posts

Staci
Newville PA
USA
838 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  05:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, how was the first day? Hope you're off to the start of a great week with your butterflies!

Blessings, staci FG# 973
:o )

Joshua 24:15 - ...choose this day whom you will serve,...as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  05:44:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for your support and well wishes, and prayers, etc.!
Darlene-you're too funny...you can only see my giant nose in that photo! But you and Peggy are sweet anyway!
Angela, my goodness, you could teach us all something about being prepared girl! You've got some serious provisions there, that's so wise of you..and your husband will find something...tell him to check out the parks and recreation jobs, they could use his skills there.
Cherime, I hope your plants rejuvenate so they give you life amongst a bunch of paperwork! good idea, I think I'll check out the new desk and see if I can bring in some plants.
All of you have a great day...I have lots to do before the girls get here...my daughter and all her coworkers are coming home to stay for a few days.....not sure how long...:)
I want all your photos...I signed up for the photo swap, but if you haven't, do so or send me your photos please.....I have to go get some more pics...

Living for today! aka: Paper Rose (Farmgirl# 1780) whoohoo!http://mysistersgardenofthetreasurecoast.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  05:55:13 AM  Show Profile
Darlene....I think gulfport is on the west coast of florida and I'm on the East coast...I live in.PSL.between West Palm Beach and Vero Beach. If you come see your sister we'll have to get together...we can meet somewhere..life's an adventure, eh? I don't know what card I sent you now, but I always pick up cards when I'm out and about...I'm a paperfreak....that's why my LLC is called Paperrose.. I love cards, stationary,wrapping paper, scrapbook paper, I love paper..LOL..(fabric too) I never do anything with any of it...just love it all! Make my husband crazy!!! That's why Mail~Art is good, I can use up my scraps of paper!

Go to Top of Page

kittykill
True Blue Farmgirl

608 Posts

Pam
Portland or
USA
608 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  06:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Send kittykill an AOL message  Send kittykill a Yahoo! Message
Good morning ladies! Of course the pups got me up early and are now back asleep. Once I'm up, that's it. I stay up.

Darlene-Thank you so much and yes! You can adopt me too. I always need more strong women in my life.

Staci-I forgot to tell you that I loved the little note about your kids and husband. It was wonderful to connect more and see the whole family. I also love that you are a "rebellious" late bloomer. LOL!

Angela-I am so sorry that your husband has to put up with such a jerk! There is something else out there. If it is affecting his family or his own well being-no amount of money is worth it. You and your family have strength beyond belief and you are an inspiration.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day! Don't forget that you are all amazing people who deserve the best in this world.

www.fasterkittykill.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  07:21:21 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone!
Monica- congrats on the job!!!

Megan- good luck at school today, I remember those days...too fun

Cherime-my garden didn't do well this year at all either. My carrots wouldn't come up, my tomato plants are still real small, and my bean plants came up then got eaten by rabbits. The herb garden is doing well, but that's about it; so I sympathize with ya

Angela- so sorry to hear about DH. I'm with ya though. I always have said being treated badly by a boss is no reason to stay at a job.There is always something else out there and happiness and self-respect are too important

As for me, I woke up with a nasty headache this morning. Hope it goes away soon. I'm really excited though...after reading about everyone's adventures at their state fairs I've really been looking forward to ours and it start's this wednesday! I want to take the kids to the weiner dog races and some of the horse competitions...can't wait!!!

Have a good day ladies!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

Lida
True Blue Farmgirl

157 Posts

Lida
Rochester NY
USA
157 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  08:00:31 AM  Show Profile
Hello Porch Sisters,
I am taking a break at work to get caught up with you all! My, we are a busy group of women!

I took a sick day yesterday and slept then puttered some and slept some more. I made a big pot of veggie soup from my garden produce and some bread. I will put them on the table for lunch for anyone here for lunchtime. I feel better today so it must have been some 24 hour bug.

Peggy- When we were foster parents someone gave me a book titled Loving Someone Else's Child. It was very insightful about the blessing and heartache of intentionally involving yourself in the life of a child. There may be heatache but it is worth it to be used by God to truly love a child. Prayers for your son, his ex and her son.

Monica- Halleluiah! Congrats on the new job. What a way to begin a new job- work one day and then a long weekend! How wonderful that your DD is coming to visit with some of her friends! I am sure they will all have a wonderful time being mothered and loved by you!

Angela- So sorry about your DH's job. Life is too short to willingly work for a mean person when there are other choices. My DH also maintains his CDL license as a backup. He drives full time for a company that serves people with disabilities. The pay is lousy but the people are great. Pay isn't everything in a job. You must have been hearing from the Holy Spirit in regards to preparing ahead for your family's needs.

Chermine- I also have a little jungle in my office. In the summer I bring most of the plants home to my porch, then bring them back here for the winter. I need the green life around me to pick me up during the long, cold, dark winters.

Tammy- How did your first day with your butterflies go?

Meghan
- Was today your first day of school? How was it?

Channah- When does your school year officially start? When I homeschooled my kids we did math through the summer too. They thought it was because I wanted them to maintain their skills, it was actually because I didn't want to forget it myself!

Dana- I hope your headache has gone away by now. That was one of my symptoms yesterday, but fine now. We are also hoping to get to the state fair this year. I haven't been in probably 20 years. All of the talk here about fairs made me want to go to one, so if we can get our schedules to work DH and I will go.

Peace,
Lida

Edited by - Lida on Aug 24 2010 2:27:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  09:36:01 AM  Show Profile
Staci and Monica Rose, I have one cactus here that is approaching the top of the door frame. a something or other kind of thing that sheds leaves and is brushing the ceiling tiles. Two green vines one of which is climbing the wall a large and small Coleus both of which are taking quite a bit of window space, a succulent of some sort, Christmas cactus and a five year old poinsettia which needs pruning badly. There are more plants at home. I usually put the begonias and geraniums out in summer along with the fuchsias but it was too cool for them this year. Anyway they brighten up the office and keep the air nice. Have a wonderful day all. Work calls.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  09:47:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh Angela so sorry to hear about your hubbies work trials. But as I tell my hubby, Life is too short to do something you don't love. His boss always gives him the difficult clients that no one else will work with. He is a project manager for a construction company. Now after doing this stressful job for way too many years his health is bad and our marriage is worse because he brings his stress and anger home. You are right! Less money is way better than being sick and unhappy.

On a lighter note I would send pics if I had had one taken in the last few years. Seems I am always on the other end of the camera. That and I am not real comfortable on the recieving end. Lol. But I have saved some money and I am going to get a new hairdo and some new color tomorrow. Maybe I will be brave and get a pic taken. Maybe if the new hairdo turns out.

Farmgirl sister 1930

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Hi Lida, We offically start right after labor day. We do Math, reading, and writing through the summer though for the same reason your kids did math through the summer. :) lol

Megan, I hope you are having a great day at school!

Angela, I'll be praying for your husband.

Hugs!
Channah

Farmgirl sister #1219

Lifes not about how many breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.

Just a small town country girl trying to live her dreams. :)
Go to Top of Page

monicarose
True Blue Farmgirl

406 Posts

Monica
Florida
USA
406 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  12:15:37 PM  Show Profile
WhooHoo, you go girl, Marla! We want to see that new doo for sure!!!
Thanks again girls for all the support!!!
and I love having my daughter and her friends...can't wait!!! We're all going to start a diet detox together tomorrow!!! LOL!
Yeah!

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  1:00:13 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I didn't start school today, but for all the time I was there, I should've! My Mom and I didn't realize we were supposed to bring books, so she had to go back to our house. Let's just say, I was there for a while! It was fun, though! I can't wait for tomorrow!
Angela, my heart goes out to you and your family! I hope your husband finds a job where he is treated better.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  2:15:23 PM  Show Profile
Angela, know what he is going through. All I can say on the subject for now. Everyone, please pray for me as I have an interview tomorrow and need all the support I can get!

Thanks

The well of nature is full today. Time to go outside and take a drink. Diane Ackerman

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2010 :  3:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, you will be in our prayers.

Megan, thank you.

I have about 70 pounds of pears and 25 pounds of peaches! I will probably have about 50 pounds more of peaches and about 20 pounds more of pears comin this weekend! I am gonna start blanchin and peelin peaches right after I get the biggest of the pears in some bags to ripen. We took the biggest of the peaches and put them in a bowl in the fridge for after dinner. I will have lots of canned peaches and lots of pear butter and peach butter. We should be fine as long as I keep us in bread and peanut butter. We now have 7 kinds of fruit spreads. Which we have found is a good way to spruce up sugar cookies as well!

I'm off to the kitchen!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page