Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  06:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well here's a little good news that isn't anything related to the suspenseful maybe-good news...

My dad and mom are coming up on Sunday. We are currently borrowing their 1970's Suburban for a second car but hardly ever drive it because of the gas cost. So they are taking the Suburban up to my sister in Red Lodge MT who needs a second vehicle but only very rarely and I am getting their GMC Jimmy to use! The Jimmy is also old- but more like in the 1990's. So it will get much better gas mileage! YAY!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
www.allergyjourneys.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
social springs community Louisiana
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  08:11:30 AM  Show Profile
Good for you, Alee! I think that calls for a fresh batch of old fashioned tea cakes, and a big ol' glass of sweet tea. Any takers?

from the hearts of paradise...
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  10:05:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sure thing! Yummy!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2009 :  7:05:35 PM  Show Profile
teacakes but I think I will bring a pot of hot tea...and pass the lemon curd..yummy!

blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2009 :  5:57:13 PM  Show Profile
I just made home-made pecan rolls. They just came out of the oven and I'll be on the porch soon. There's plenty for all. Of course there are no calories because we're on the "virual" porch. Save me a swing.

Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  9:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
Sounds wonderful Bonnie!! I'll have 2 please. Thank goodness it is a no calories "Vitural" porch. I just made some hot tea if anyone wants some.
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  9:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Pretty please, Channah! I could really use some tea about now =)
We are having rain here in Moscow and there is a chance for rain or snow all week, so I'm most grateful for this lovely porch gathering of witty women.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:15:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well my thing on Fridaylast went really well. So now I have one more thing to do on this Friday. I am not sure how soon I will get my news or not. Alot of this is out of my hands. But I will let you all know ASAP! ;D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Windsong
True Blue Farmgirl

309 Posts

LaVonna
Decatur Tx
309 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2009 :  10:35:54 PM  Show Profile
I hope it is not too long...my fingers are getting cramped from being crossed. Plus, how am I going to eat this great stuff here.
You guys need to come down to my end of the porch because it is 70 over here.
I wish our story teller would come back.

Farmgirl Sister #758
www.windsongwellnessandtherapyshoppe.com
http://sadiesfarm.blogspot.com/
http://healthtalkcafe.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2009 :  04:55:55 AM  Show Profile
Alee, I may only get to be here on Tuesdays, but I'm with you in heart and prayers the rest of the week! Still have my fingers crossed for you -- and a big pot of spicy ten-bean soup with homemade Plantation Sausage and a fresh loaf of bread cooking in the kitchen for dinner. Now, how many bowls and plates do I need to set out for all you porch sitters? Come on, now. Everyone is welcome! And Dawn, while we're eating, I will agree with LaVonna. A good story would help it go down real nicely! Oh. Any desserts left? If not, anyone feel up to contributing something really sweet and really delicious???

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2009 :  2:15:47 PM  Show Profile
I've got some peach cobbler in the oven. And a pot of chili on the stove!

God is good....all the time.
Denise
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2009 :  10:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I'll take some Denise! Sounds wonderful! I just made another pot of hot tea if anyone wants some?!?!?! so what have you all been up to?
Hugs,
Channah

If you can dream it, and if you are willing to put forth the work and effort, you can have anything you envision.
Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  06:38:59 AM  Show Profile
I've been "busy" trying to decide on what quilt pattern I'm going to make up for our KY home. I'm thinking about either a "Grandmother's Flower Garden" or "Dresden Plate". I have a nice stash of fat quarters just calling out to me. In the meantime, a hot cup of tea might clear my mind and some warm peach cobbler sure would warm my tummy.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Claude09647
True Blue Farmgirl

761 Posts

Claudia
Our Dairy Farm Pennsylvania
USA
761 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2009 :  07:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Claude09647 an AOL message
oh... can i join too, I'll sit and crochet, talk with all you gals, and cuddle up with my favorite down blanket! and of course eat some of the wonderful food ya'll brought (if its not stale by now!! LOL)

"My ideal day is sitting on the back porch, cup of green tea in hand, slippers on, and just watch the cows in the pasture"

http://claude09647.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

paradiseplantation
True Blue Farmgirl

1277 Posts

julie
USA
1277 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  09:41:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Nancy! I vote for the flower garden, but only because it's one of my favorites. Of course the Dresden comes in a really close second! While you ponder it, I'll go get your tea and cobbler ready. Want ice cream with that cobbler? Why, Claudia, of COURSE you can join! And no, darlin', here on the virtual porch, no food ever goes stale, no hot tea, cocoa or coffee ever gets cold, everything is always fresh and ready to indulge! Welcome to the porch!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  4:37:53 PM  Show Profile
I brought some scones and hot pot of tea for yall too. I like the Dresden....I am taking a break from my quilting...needed to come sit a spell. How is everyone?

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
I would love some Tammy. I am doing very well. How is everyone else?
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  10:53:24 PM  Show Profile
Here's a just-baked loaf of pumpkin-walnut bread, and I brought along my knitting bag with the socks I am working on. Mind if I sit and chat for a while?

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

brightmeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

2045 Posts

Brenda
Lucas Ohio
USA
2045 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2009 :  11:01:12 PM  Show Profile
OOOOH deere dawn your story about booger hole gave me the chills!

You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands - You shall be happy and it shall be well with you. -Psalm 128.2
Visit my blog at http://brightmeadowfarms.blogspot.com ,web site store at http://www.watkinsonline.com/fish or my homepage at http://home.earthlink.net/~brightmeadow
Go to Top of Page

maggie14
True Blue Farmgirl

6784 Posts

Hannah
Washington
USA
6784 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  08:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Send maggie14 a Yahoo! Message
We would love to hear more Dawn!! hint, hint!! Brenda your bread sounds wonderful I'd love some.
Hugs,
Channah

Go to Top of Page

nabrown42
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Nancy
Caneyville KY
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  10:14:20 AM  Show Profile
I think I'll work on "Grandmother's Flower Garden". It's so easy to do while chating here on the porch. Hot tea and pumpkin bread sounds great but I have some peach cobbler to finish first. Is it too late to get a spoonful of ice cream for that? My hips are happy to hear that whatever we eat on the virtual porch won't go onto our actual bodies.

I just have to tell all you sisters that I feel like I've known you all my life...it's such a warm and fuzzy feeling to open my mail and see a message waiting from you. God bless you all and all the Farmgirls, especially MaryJane. What a blessing she has brought into our lives.

"I've wept in the night for the shortness of sight that to someone's needs I've been blind; but I've yet to feel a twinge of regret for being a little too kind."
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  11:29:01 AM  Show Profile
Is it too late for me to join in? I promise I won't take up too much room, just a little crochet to work on and a homemade chocolate cake to share

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bear5
True Blue Farmgirl

13055 Posts

Louisiana/Texas
USA
13055 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  11:29:18 AM  Show Profile
I agree Nancy, these MJFarmgirls are so wonderful.
Marly

"It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth- and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up- that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had." Elisabeth Kurler-Ross
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  12:13:38 PM  Show Profile
oh homemade chocolate cake...now that sounds wonderful...I am sure glad calories just stay at 0 here on the porch. HOpe yall are having a wonderful day

blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

N@n
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Hackett Arkansas
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2009 :  3:15:05 PM  Show Profile
I believe I'll join ya'll here on the porch. Does anyone mind if I make a nest in that hammock over there? I promise I will share it and trade places in a bit. Also have some of my candied rosemary cashews to share. And is that chocolate cake with chocolate icing?
What a great day!!!
God bless us all
Nancy in Ark

keep searchin'-it's out there somewhere.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page