Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2018 :  7:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Speaking of "porches "... over here in the Inland NW. We finally got a reprive from all the smoke (fires)...

Our days of sitting on the porch are starting to dwindle.
soon we will be gazing out the window with a warm cup of Java or tea in our hands and summer memories in our hearts.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Aug 28 2018 7:56:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  07:22:13 AM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann and Grace....my sister just moved to Oak Harbor, WA. She says the smoke is bad there too. We had some rain, so it has cleared out a bit here.

Lots going on here....we are preparing for the Fort Bridger 1838 Mountain Man Rendezvous. We set up a trade tent there and sell children's clothing. It is a lot of work because we sew all of the inventory ourselves. With a new grandbaby, it has been a struggle to get ready.

We are done haying and are not concentrating on working the sheep. It's time for the bucks to come out of the herd, so this weekend we will have that little task too.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  6:28:41 PM  Show Profile
You poor gals out there in the Smokey Outer Limits... I feel for you. I can't imagine smelling that kind of smoke for weeks at a time. We don't even have A/C so we'd be in real trouble.
It's so cool to see Sherone and Grace on here. I think you two were on here way back in 2007 when I found MJFarm! 11 years ago...WOW!
We just came thru 3 days in the low 90's. We had a thunderstorm that lasted for about 3 hours this afternoon and now it's in the upper 70's and I'm one happy chicky! Now we're in for a week of high 70's and low 80's. WooWeeee...I'm so ready for that!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2018 :  7:31:14 PM  Show Profile
We had triple digits for the first time this summer today. Guess the dog days are here.

We went and looked at smaller house today. It was a smaller lot and single story. The kitchen is new. But the workshop may have sold Jay. I have my fingers crossed. I'm tired of having to keep up with a whole upstairs that only gets used twice a year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  07:16:18 AM  Show Profile
Triple digits Nora...YIKES! Hope that doesn't last too long. Saying a Prayer that God finds the perfect place for you and Jay! I told Dave the other day that I wasn't sure how many more years I could climb our stairs to the 2nd floor. It IS good exercise though!(always looking for that silver lining)*grin*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  08:50:43 AM  Show Profile
Your beach trip sounded fun Peggy! Well, except for the cleaning part. I do love the beach and I haven't made it there yet this year. So much traveling.

I spent the last two days doing my fall cleaning. I have two more rooms downstairs to do and then my bedroom and spare room. Mainly the floors, windows and curtains up there. A few things to still sort through and get rid of. I have been downsizing for so long and finally feel like I am reaching my goal.

Our chickies are laying a lot. Have so many eggs in the fridge. I am glad they keep a long time. We usually sell quite a few but not to many stop by anymore. I do give them to my kids too. So, these gals are feeding a few families sometimes. We had 24, 6 Black sex link and 18 Rhode island reds. Lost a red this summer to a fox or something. we've had the black sex links for 4 1/2 years and the reds are just over a year old. We don't eat them.

I would love to move into a smaller place now. It is a lot to keep up with a farmhouse and all it seems to do is make more work. Our property is almost beyond what we can take care of anymore.

Well, I am off to putter around and work on my to do list a bit today.
Hope everyone enjoys the day wherever you may be!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  6:51:07 PM  Show Profile
Denise, if you get too many eggs, call your food bank and see if they can use them.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  8:45:00 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy: Jason says we get triple digits here too.... really??

My girls still haven't figured out what the nest boxes are for even though there are plastic eggs in there. sigh.. They don't even roost, they huddle on the floor in a pile, dumb birds.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2018 :  10:13:28 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, well on the plus side,, the smoke is gone,, and we are in low temps of 70's... the bad side,, I am soooo behind in clean up work around here... Today I did get a lot finished, transplanted, moved to new areas and stump grinding.. Tonight is a Motrin Cocktail nite!
but DH and I did manage to site out on the patio for a wee bit this evening, to relax.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  12:21:19 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Oh, you all are so Busy this time of year!! Me too but not much cleaning going on around here. Not that I shouldn't be doing that...
but I am planning for Bible Study and Retreat. We just had 3 Family Birthdays! And that was fun! Tomorrow we are going to The Harvest
Festival. That is always FUN!!

I can't believe tomorrow is September! No School here for the kids as All of WA State Teachers are Striking. And for good reason. WE all
support them.

So happy to see Grace and Sherone and Patsy and Denise and others hopping on The Porch to visit with us!!! Love, Love, Love when the Porch
is busy!!!

I posted the New Farmgirl for the Month of September...so go take a gander at my choice!

Have a Wonderful Holiday Weekend and we will chat later!

Hugs, Smiles, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  2:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, my egg boxes are on the floor and they lay in them most of the time. A few of my new ones will lay at different places. I have to clean eggs once in a while but not often.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  2:09:08 PM  Show Profile

Hi Peggy...So nice to be sitting on the porch this afternoon...Sounds like you have been very busy and will continue to be...You sure picked a great Farm Girl of the Month...I know Ms. Connie is tickled pink!!!I hope everyone has a wonderful September!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  4:26:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I love that picture. Sooooo preeeety!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  6:33:21 PM  Show Profile

Thanks Judy!!! I do love Fall!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2018 :  9:47:44 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
My favorite color is FALL! Nice pic Judy.

Nora: My chickens are definitely floor dwellers..

So when I opened the hen house door today, one of the hens was being chased by another one and apparently I was a "tree". She flew up as high as she could to reach my shoulder but I quickly moved and her feet grazed my arm on her way down. Never a dull minute for sure.. No eggs today. Come on girls, get busy..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2018 :  1:56:09 PM  Show Profile
Nora, eggs keep for so long that we use them even if we don't sell them. When we didn't have the extra fridge we took them to the Catholic church. They serve lunches to the homeless here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2018 :  5:18:26 PM  Show Profile
I get to go meet the new baby next week-end. We have someone coming in to take care of the cats and chickens, but we are taking Duke with us. The problem is he is spoiled rotten and is scared to death of riding. Can't leave him home, he'd drive the man staying here crazy. I went to PetSmart to get something to help with the fear. I got a compression vest that is suppose to help with fear of thunder, etc. I put it on him yesterday and took him to the container site to get rid of the trash. He stopped whining within a mile of the house. He didn't throw up until we were on the way home. This is a great improvement. I'm going to take him riding several times before Friday and pray for the best.

I can't wait to get my hands on "Buckshot".

Have a great Labor Day, be careful if you are traveling.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  07:54:03 AM  Show Profile
Nora,
Hope Duke does well with the ride and that you have an awesome time with the new baby!

Hauled out my fall decor yesterday and getting things cleaned up and put out today.

I have to have a furniture sale. With our stuff and my dad's I just have too much so I will have to get some out of here. It is overwhelming with it all.

Have a great day everyone!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  11:39:47 AM  Show Profile

My two youngest Grands are coming for a play date today! I'm just waiting for them now. Yesterday, Patti and I got to take them out for the
Afternoon. Dad is just now trusting The Grandma's with his precious cargo (his children). I remember those days being nervous about my kids
riding with anybody else too. So, Shane being my son...he comes by that naturally. LOL Patti and I took them shopping...out for lunch,
more shopping and then out for dinner...then we met up with daddy and mommy for Frozen Yogurt for Dessert! It was a blast!!!

Elijah's School is in Battleground and they are one of two School Districts who haven't decided to accept the Teacher Salary Raise. So, hopefully
it won't be too many more days as Elijah is excited to start Kindergarten. He has a couple friends who will be in his class. We talked about
good kids and bad behavior yesterday at lunch. He said, "Will there be bullies there too?" I said, "Probably, but just ignore them". He was so cute
about it all. Savannah will get to go with Mommy on the days she helps in the class.

I had a really bad Fibro Flare for three days, but yesterday I was fine. Just when I think I have a handle on my Fibro...I get a flare that makes no
sense at all to me. It is so crazy!!!

I finally got my Mom's house on The Market and have had 3 or 4 showings but no offers. That might mean I need to lower the price but I will hold out a
bit longer before I decide.

Well, Have a Beautiful Tuesday Girls!!!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 04 2018 11:43:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2018 :  3:54:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy, What fun it is to have the grands for the day. I love when we get to have an overnight. My oldest is 12 and she and I have a grand time when she comes over.
Of course I don't see my Ohio little ones as often but I love when I get to go visit.

I hope your mom's house sells soon. Where is her house?

So sorry to hear you have to deal with those fibro flares. Thinking of you!

Have a great evening everyone!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  2:41:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! We are on the last of our 3 day 90 degree run. It got to 93 today and is heading down now. *whew*
We're suppose to have 10 wonderful days in the low 70's to low 80's. I can stand a break! Thank You GOD!!!
Fall can not come soon enough!
Peg, so glad you had fun with those Grands!
Lenora, Buckshot... huh... did I miss something?
Denise, where is your family in Ohio? Don't know if you told us already. If you hate repeating yourself... sorry!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  3:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Jay's daughter had a little boy and his nickname is Buckshot. He's a month old now.

Really, really hot this week.

The fall colors should be really great this year because of all the moisture this summer.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2018 :  6:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all. Just checking in.

Peggy: Was going to ask you if you had your mom's house for sale yet. Hope it goes good for ya.

Sure hope Fall is cooler. I NEED 70s..

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2018 :  06:21:50 AM  Show Profile
Judy, daughter is around Dayton area.
So glad you are starting to get cooler temps. Ours usually get here shortly after yours. I think Saturday it is supposed to cool down.
We have some rain in our forecast. I don't care as long as it cools us off some. It has been a hotter summer here than ever we've had. I am so ready for fall.Already hauled out my decorations.
Hope everyone is soon enjoying some nice weather.
~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 06 2018 06:22:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2018 :  11:19:37 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

We just had our 32nd Day of 90+ Weather this Summer. It broke a record at 29 days for one Summer. I'm just about ready for Fall too. But Not The Rain!

Denise...yes, I had a great day with the kiddos. When Mom picked them up the both yelled, "We had a Great Day with Grandma Peggy!! Yesterday, I ordered
their Bible Curriculum and a Feltboard to teach them off of. Grandma gets the pleasure of teaching them The Bible! They are as excited as I am. Can't
believe how expensive Flannel/Felt Boards and Lessons are! I got the Table Top Board and it was 50 dollars and the Curriculum was $100.00 or I could get
the Bigger Set for $339.00 Or they sold each Bible Stories Seperately for 12.00 each. That could add up real fast. Back in the day I made my own Felt
board Stories and Boards when I taught Sunday School and My Own Boys. I don't want to do that again...as I have less energy than back in my 20's and in
my 30's I started teaching Women instead of kids. Once I started teaching Women's Classes in Bible College...I found my Nitch. And have been a Women's
Bible Study Teacher every since. I love helping Women stay in the Word and grow a more intimate relationship with Jesus. But it will be FUN to teach
my own Grandkids while they are young and have receptive hearts.

Patsy...I do have Mom's House up for sale...but I do not want to do any repairs on it. I want to sell it as is. It needs a New Garage and a New Roof and
an inside update. But I am looking for that young couple who wants to put their own Stamp on the Place and really make it their own. One thing this house
has going for it...is it is on a Big Lot and has a cyclone fence. This day and age nobody has lawns anymore...which is so sad. My Grandkids loved playing
in Mom's backyard when they were there. Their backyard is a slab of concrete here in Vancouver.

Nora...that is quite the name for a baby...Buckshot. I thought my oldest son was crazy when they named their daughter Lincoln. I use to call her Lily. She
hated her name so much she renamed herself Loke. Which is not much better than Lincoln. She is now 26 and still calls herself Loke. At least Buckshot can
be called Buck for short, right? His second daughter he named Sabrielle Selah ... they call her Sabby for short. The other two boys named their kids more
normal names. LOL Madeline, Naomi and Elijah and Savannah.

Judy...I know you don't have A/C so those hot days must be a killer for you! I would want Fall to get here too if I were you. I can take heat as lont as I
have an A/C in my house and in my car. Somewhere to escape the heat is a very good thing in my book.

Teacher Tammy...I finally have your package ready to go out in The Mail. Hopefully today. Sorry, I was so slow but that just seems to be my M.O. these days.
Yesterday we spent the entire afternoon up at OHSU Hospital as Larry finally got to have an MRI done. Can't wait to hear the results of it. That will probably
take longer than we want it to...as they give the results to two of his Dr.s.

OK...I'm off to get something done. I may drag out my Fall Decor today...or I might not. Don't know yet. Have a great Day Girls!!!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 06 2018 11:21:21 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page