Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  2:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: Praising God for the good news! Big smile on my face! Continued prayers for all.. love you!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  2:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Great news, Peggy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

wildflower17
True Blue Farmgirl

3043 Posts

Judy
KY
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2018 :  6:31:31 PM  Show Profile

Peggy...What wonderful news!!! Praising God for the good report!!!

Hugs!

Judy

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"...

"Country Girl at Heart...Blessed Beyond Measure"!!!

Farm Girl #5440
Farm Girl of The Month September 2013
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  2:40:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peg-girl.... I'm SOOOO HAPPY! "Thank You GOD!!! You are the Great Physician!"
BIG Hugs&Squeezles to the whole family!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  3:05:45 PM  Show Profile
Yes, Girls God is the Great Physician!!! It was NOT Larry's time to be called Home! And I am happy for that!!! He is doing so well today and I am making him do things
for himself because that is the only way I would let him come home...he had to prove he could take care of his own needs because I am unable to do that with my own
health issues. He is doing that!!! I am very proud of him! And I don't mind doing the little things...like getting him his meds, fixing him something to eat etc. But
he is using his walker and getting himself around. He is about ready to take a little nap after he eats what I just fixed him to eat. ~ I didn't even wake up until Noon
and he was already up, dressed and sitting in his recliner in the Living Room. ~ Our kids just came by with a few sacks of food. The kids and Patti bought us some
good Meats that were on sale at Chucks Foods; for their 5 year Anniversary Sale. And they wouldn't take any money for it even though I wanted to pay them. I have such
sweet kids. The Grandkids called and talked to Grandpa on Speakerphone...which made his whole week! ~ You know when tragedy strikes... it really puts Life and Love back in
perspective does it NOT?? God is Amazingly Good!

Teacher Tammy it maybe another week before I get to The Post Office to Mail Your Book...but it will come, I promise!

Love You ALL so much MY PORCHIES!!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2018 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh that's so good to hear....ALL of it! Thanks for the update!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2018 :  2:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Peggy so good to hear no worries on the book whenever is just fine.

Wednesday is my first day of school with my butterflies. My classroom is ready and it looks like 16 or 17 butterflies. Will know for sure on Wednesday. We had our county fair this past week. It was fun. Got one of the twins off to his last year of college. I was a hot mess. He was like mom we have doing this how long. I think I realized it is probably his last summer home and then he will be truly out on his own. I think he will live with his twin brother for a while when he graduates. His twin is out on the road in his semi bringing cattle from here to there and farming with my hubby's brother. He stops in to see me during the week to check in . He misses his brother as well. Twins have a connection that is just sacred.

WEll I best skedaddle got clothes in the dryer, supper to fix, and flowers and lawn to get under control.

love and blessings to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  11:23:43 AM  Show Profile
Awwww..... Tammy, that's so sweet to hear how close ands connected you all are!
Patsy said KY. Started school last Weds. THAT's just absurd. Pretty soon, kids will go to year-round school and only be off for holidays! God forbid!
"Heavenly Father, intercede for all of our children as they start school! Protect them from bullying, drugs, sexual abuse and peer pressure!(You know me Lord, if I had my way, kids would wear uniforms and NO jewelry or name-brand ANYTHING that takes away from what school is for!)Protect them from teachers that show favoritism! Give (ALL) the teachers patience and a healthy dose of creativity to keep the kids interested in their classes and UN-interested in foolishness that keeps them from learning the good topics, that build their brains into all that they need, to go out into the world and make us all proud to call them "Our Kids!"
(yes Tammy, that was a terrible, run-on sentence)*I felt her cringe from here* Lord bless Tammy and the other teachers we know and all the Home-School teachers too! Bless each Principle and each Substitute Teacher!
Bless and protect every School Building and Property this year!
And Lord..."GOD BLESS AMERICA!"
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Father!
AMEN!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 14 2018 11:48:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  3:41:48 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
AMEN SISTER, AMEN!! Just sittin' over here in my "amen corner". I couldn't have said it ALL better myself!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  6:58:08 PM  Show Profile
Judy thank you for the beautiful prayer and I even refrained from saying in my teacher voice Now Judy, we have to work on sentence structure lol

Yall have a blessed evening
love you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2018 :  7:53:57 PM  Show Profile
*giggle*
"Thank you teacher for passing me by".... this time!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  12:14:10 PM  Show Profile
ROFLOL MY PORCHIES...

Love all the humor bouncing around the Porch.

Teacher Tammy...it is a good thing you don't correct our grammar or sentence structure around here...because I'm pretty sure you can't teach Old
Women New Tricks. If we ain't learned it by now there ain't much hope we will. LOL If I didn't have auto-correct and Grammarly on my computer I
would be sunk. Even at that, I can still slip in some head-scratchers. Even Judy catches them! LOL

Hi Patsy (Waving atcha)...good to have you on The Porch the last few days. You and Judy are like Laurel and Hardy together! Ya'all keep us in
stitches!

Okay, took my hubby to our regular physician yesterday. Spent an hour and 20 minutes with him...which is unheard of these days. But he is the one
who has to authorize and request the MRI. Who knows how long that will take. Maybe months because it has to also then go through the Cardiologist
so they can have someone on hand to stop and restart Larry's Defibrillator while the procedure takes place. Hopefully, the man doesn't have another
stroke before all that can happen. Our Cardiologist is extremely hard to get into see. Sometimes it takes 3 or 4 months...he is that busy. So, now we
just hurry up and wait. Larry is doing so well, that he even drove yesterday. I was with him, but he did fine.

Today we are taking his computer over to Oregon to have a friend fix it (hopefully). When Larry had the stroke he thought his computer got a virus from playing
chess...but It was all in Larry's head...so he destroyed the on/off button with a hammer and screw-driver (that is when I knew something wasn't right
with man). LOL I tell ya girls...Getting Old isn't for Sissies!! Bette Davis knew what she was talking about when she said those words.

I posted pictures on FB last night when the sun was going down...as it was blood red...as we have 12 fires burning in our State and Oregon has 4.
My Camera couldn't capture the full affect but it was still pretty non-the-less.

OKay, we are headed out to go get the computer fixed. Take care girls and stay cool. We are still in the high 90's but with the smoke cover it doesn't
seem as hot as it is.

Enjoy the dog-days-of-Summer!!!!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 15 2018 12:18:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  1:48:26 PM  Show Profile
WOW! There's a new one. I'm thanking God for the(smoke)in Peg's area... just so she can stay a little cooler!
Ok then...*giggle* When I read what Larry did to his poor 'puter, my hand flew over my mouth! BUT... glad to hear HE's doing well! ooooooo, Peg, you are really risking teachers punishment by using(ain't)so many times!
Tammy, I asked Alexa for a cat joke this morning and she gave me this, which I'm sure you will appreciate:
'The difference between a cat and a comma? A cat has claws at the end of it's paws, and a comma is a pause at the end of a clause!'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 15 2018 8:03:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  4:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi Peggy: Waving back atcha! The place ya shoulda used ain't ya didn't. " Old Age Ain't For Sissies!" Now didn't that just have more Umph! to it?
The reason 90 isn't hot is that there's no moisture.. my theory.
Somewhere between "Larry is doing so well.... and he "destroyed the on-off button with a hammer" ... ya lost me.. that's just downright scary.

Time to go whack some weeds..lol
Judy: Love that Alexa! She has some good ones!

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  6:22:30 PM  Show Profile
Judy that is hilarious joke I am going to have to tell that to my teacher friends. It was a great first day. I have 16 butterflies who just cracked me up today. I will post pictures tomorrow. They are currently on my phone and I always drop to my computer. I took my superpower wings today (our theme is superheros) so of course I will be running with that...ok flying with that..hahahah

I do hope yall have had a lovely day.
Peggy will continue to pray for Larry and you and hope the computer got fixed.

ok this madame teacher is tired 5:00 in the morning comes early but I need my Jesus first thing as he is my superhero.
love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2018 :  8:01:50 PM  Show Profile
WOW...It's amateur night at the Comedy Club! Look at us... a bunch of 'commode-ians'....*flush-flush* ROFLOL

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  12:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Comedy Central on The Porch...

I received a Lovely Pkg from MaryJane today for My FARMGirl Of The Month Honor for August. I haven't had much time to enjoy it, however.
I got a quart jar of Tea, Honey from her Bees, a clove of Garlic (you can either plant or use) and a Hen Kitchen Towel. Oh, and a Wooden Honey
thing-a-ma-jig!!! Ya'all know what I mean, I'm sure! LOL All Very Nice and much appreciated!!! And a personal note from MaryJane.
I love surprises any day of the week! And this was a good one!

Yesterday was a really busy one. We ran around doing errands for 5 hours. The day flew by. Today we have more errands to run and then I have
my crafting group tonight. It will be good to be with my girls again. Lots of laughs and giggles. I need that after a week in the Hospital with
my hubby.

Yesterday, while Larry and I were gone, Pat vacuumed all the floors and gave Snickers a bath. Yay, he must have been bored is all I can say.
But I was happy for the help.

I don't know why but I can't get motivated to do anything I need to do. It is like my mind and body took a leave of absence from each other. I
have things to do, like pay bills and get Tammy's pkg ready to mail out etc. And here I sit just zoning off. I slept terribly last night.
When I woke up I felt drained already. My bed looked like I held a Wrestling Match in it, and I don't have an ounce of energy as the morning has
progressed to afternoon.

OKay Girlies, stay cool and drink lots of Sweet Tea and have a few Buttermilk Biscuits with Strawberry Freezer Jam...that I left on The Porch.

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 16 2018 12:15:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  2:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
CONGRATS! on farmgal of the month Peggy! Nice thing to happen to a nice gal. MMmmmm thanks for the biscuits n jam. Yum!

Judy: Good one sis! Love it! Here, let me help you up off the floor.. LOL

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  2:16:29 PM  Show Profile
Yum, Peggy. Sounds delicious.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  5:55:50 PM  Show Profile
Congrats Peggy on farmgirl of the month. You are so deserving. Praying you sleep better tonight.

Yall I have been asked to do a presentation at our teacher's conference in October. I am so nervous about this...so out of my comfort zone...I get nervous...ok my wings flutter like they will fall off nervous....in front of adults and these are teachers from our state...YIKES I didn't know my principal recommended me and then I thought Lord what could I possibly have to say? but I am going to do it...flapping wings and all.....prayers would be appreciated.

Today was our first full day of school and can I just say it was so fun. I am delighted to teach these butterflies they are just a different bunch than I have had in a long while.

I pray yall had a beautiful day. Think of you daily
blessings and love
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2018 :  8:37:09 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann.... Congrats!! Wow! Good for you girlie! You needed this pick-me-up!... Pat cleaned house AND bathed the dog? Well, 'Butter My Buns and Call Me A Biscuit!"(speaking of biscuits)I'm just speechless! *giggle*
Tammy, I'm glad you are enjoying this bunch of youngsters! It has been awhile. Let's Pray that it stays 'fun.'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  11:32:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Girls For The Congrats on being chosen FARMGIRL OF THE MONTH! It was a nice pick-me-up from a really Stressful Spring and Summer.

Judy...I got a really funny visual picture in my head with you running around in the heat with butter dripping off your buns girlfriend! ROFLOL
But yeah, I was speechless too!! It was a good speechless, however!!! ~ Yesterday, I used some of my inheritance money and bought my husband a
Leather Lift Chair. It should be delivered sometime in the next few days. It is a late Father's Day/Birthday Gift as I was in Spokane dealing with
Mom's stuff. I have sworn that I was going to burn his Old Chair as he has gotten it so dirty so many times...and I'm just plumb tired of cleaning
it. It was Micro-Fiber and I had even Scotch Guarded it in advance of him using it. This time I picked out the chair and made sure it was leather
so that I could just wipe it down with Leather Cleaner. Larry has lost so much weight that I'm afraid he is going to get swallowed up in the chair
it is so big. But it looks really comfy. Here is hoping he likes it and I like the easy peasy cleanability of it!

Teacher Tammy...So glad that you like your new Group of Butterflies! Let's hope they stay sweet as the year progresses, huh? Well, Congratulations on
the Honor of being asked To Give a Speech to Other Teachers. Let me share a couple of things I have learned about Public Speaking...Pray, right before
you go up to speak (just a short...quick prayer) and then take 3 or 4 really deep breaths! I always get nervous before I speak in front of strangers.
But I remember that Bob Hope once said, that before every performance he threw-up right before he went on stage. When I thought of all the USO Tours he
did and all the TV Specials He Did and all the Movies he did...I thought Wow that is a lot of nerves and a lot of throwing-up, and if he could do it
so could I. I mean geesh I never get THAT NERVOUS! I tend to get cotton mouth...so, I usually take water up with me. Another thing I found helped me
is to practice my speech until I almost know it by heart. That way, I can walk around and not be stuck behind a podium the entire time. Also, pick
out a person from each row to look square in the face while you speak. Then you are focusing on your audience. I Have Spoken at many Women's Retreats
over the Years, Taught Classes in Bible College, and have taught Bible Studies all my Christian Life (45 years). I even taught Women's Public Speaking in
Bible College. The Nerves never really go away...which is a good thing really...but you can learn how to tame them and make them work for you. I have
NO Doubt you will Do Fabulously because you have God on your side! And if he can calm the wind and the waves by a simple "Peace Be Still" he can calm
your nerves! Right???

Patsy...I Love having you on The Porch more!!! When you pick your sissy up off the floor would you hand her a towel to wipe that butter off her buns too?
She is kind of making a mess on The Porch! LOL

Nora...I was wondering where you were. Thought maybe you went on Vacation while I was in the Hospital with hubby! Glad you are here girlfriend! I missed ya!

Okay, I am getting off of here because I almost lost this post a few minutes ago. And I don't want to have to throw a hissy-fit!!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 17 2018 11:36:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  5:34:40 PM  Show Profile
I am really tired of the rain. The side yard is standing in water, just below I'm hoping the rain stays away. The rain will keep out of towners away and I hope we have a good turn out.

I'm thinking about going out of the chicken business before winter.

Teacher Tammy, can't wait to read Butterfly stories.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  6:47:16 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Peggy: You have the worst luck losing posts don't ya? Don't write a "book" before you post and then you won't lose so much at one time. I'm a problem solver ain't I? Oops! Sorry Tammy, teehee… and no hissy fits needed...

Judy: Here's your towel and we need a new visual please 'cause Peggy is making me see things I shouldn't, hahahahaha

Nora: Why you thinking of quitting chickens? To many? Mine will start laying next month and I can't wait for fresh eggs..MMMmmmm....

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2018 :  7:12:01 PM  Show Profile
Chickens are a lot of work. I've been doing it for seven years now. There's no money in them. And with no one to fill in, I'm pretty much tied down. Maybe make it one night without a human but not a week=end at the beach. We have plenty of people around that are selling eggs. I'll find one that is free ranging and get the same thing as I have now. And if I miss them too much, I can always get chicks in February.

What type of chicks do you have? You might want to slip a golf ball in where you want them to lay so they know what to do. We got plastic ones when we were starting. Probably get them some oyster shell soon if you haven't already. Good luck with your chicks.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page