Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  09:52:38 AM  Show Profile
Take a flu shot, she said. At my age I need a flu shot, she said. I took the flu shot. I got the flue. Yeepee!!!

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  3:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...I think you have a future Farmer on your hands! LOL And possibly a mechanic! Sounds like Benny's Place is a good area for him to
grow up around. He is blessed that he has a Grandma that likes to take him there. And that Benny is good with it too.

Nora...they always say you cannot get the Flu from the Flu shot because there is no Live Virus in it...but baloney...I have only had one flu shot in my
life and I got the Flu from it and so many other people I know too have gotten it. Hopefully you it will only last you about 3 days. Sorry Girl!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  6:55:22 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
hope you have had a wonderful day. The Christmas program is done and had glitches but let me tell you the butterflies were so stinkin cute all dressed up and I am sure God got a kick out of twirling skirts, big daddy ties, and glowsticks swinging like no tomorrow. This week the teachers are playing secret santas to each other. I am a Christmas fairy must make the most use of my wings lol having so much fun.
Had bible study tonight and now we will meet after new year so have a bit of a bash. Enjoy those ladies.
Well just wanted to pop on and say hello now flying out I am on a mission for secret stuff lol
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2017 :  11:59:37 PM  Show Profile
Teacher Tammy so happy to hear that your Butterfly Wings are just a fluttering...doing all your Christmas FUN! I'm sure your kids were all a Hit and I think
God probably sits back and chuckles just like all the parents and grandparents do...who are watching the Program. I miss going to a small church where the
Sunday School kids put on a big portion of The Christmas Program. I have directed several of them over the years and the little ones were always my favorites.

Today I went up to the Hospital to visit the gal who Hostesses our Bible Study Group...as she fell 2 times last week and ended up in The Hospital for testing
and Physical Therapy. She was an emotional wreck when I got there...but after just a few minutes we were laughing our heads off and her nurse Lindsey who also is
a Christian...thought we had the best Therapy going for Kathy just laughing and joking around. I may try to go back to see her tomorrow if I can fit it in to My
schedule.

I got the second batch of my Christmas Cards mailed out today and my Mom's Christmas Gift mailed out and a pkg to a farm sister mailed out. So, I really felt like
I had accomplished a lot today.

Hope you are ALL enjoying the Christmas Preparations like I am. Today my little Savannah Grace turned 2 yrs. Old. I can hardly believe it. We are having her Birthday
Party this Saturday at a favorite Pizza Parlor where all the kids can play games & win tokens etc. But I Face Timed her tonight and wished her a Happy Birthday...they were at
Old Navy at The Mall and Mama told me the Valentines Stuff was being put out while they were there. Oh, Mercy Me!! I had to laugh! Gotta Love RETAIL.

OK...I'm beat and have to get up early in the Morning. Love You All My Porchies!! Ho-Ho-Ho-Ho and Jingle All The Way!!!

Love, Hugs, and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 13 2017 12:02:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  05:31:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,

Nora-so sorry you got sick! My husband has to take that shot every year (army requirements) and we always dose him up on vitamin c and homeopathy before and after. Since we started doing that he seems to bounce back quicker. Hope it doesn't last long for you!

Teacher Tammy- what a cute kiddo!

Well life is busy as usual here. Next week hubby starts half days (we think) so I'm really hoping that gives me some "catch up" and planning time. I keep adjusting my ideas for what I want my goals next year to be and making them simpler and simpler. I really want a year where I just focus on enjoying family, doing crafts, gardening etc. I want to nurture relationships, send cards, make homemade gifts. I don't want to be running around and so busy that I miss life passing me by, which is what I've felt like this last year. So, changes are being made!! Granted life will still be busy no matter what, I do have 5 kids, but a different kind of busy. I've decided we are going to stop attending our homeschool coop. That was a hard decision. We may drop some other activities too but we are still deciding about those. I'm praying a lot just for guidance and clarity about how to restructure our lives and what things to let go. I've read and heard in several places lately "God gives you enough time for everything HE wants you to do." That has really made an impression, Peggy I think it is finally sinking in!!

Ok well kids will be up any minute but wanted to hop in while I had a few quiet minutes!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  3:36:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, Just popping on so that 'Big Sis' Peggy don't get that posse of hers after me... again! *giggle*
VALENTINES DAY.... wait..... what.... goodness me!!!
Tammy, I wish I could have seen that Christmas program of yours(and Gods)... sounds like a hoot!
We got 6 inches of snow yesterday. YIKES!! Today was a high of 28 and tonight is suppose to be around 10. Accckkk! My neighbor and her dog called me and asked me to walk this afternoon. So I put on all my layers and went with them. Don't worry, I was warm enough!
We never did get out roof fixed. Guess that will wait till spring!
Well off to relax and read and drink tea!
Have a good evening PorchBuds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"FALL in love with Jesus, He will never LEAF you!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 14 2017 3:38:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2017 :  3:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Went to the landfill for lunch today. Took my coconut cake that they all love so much. It was fun seeing everyone after almost a year for some of them.
Finished Christmas shopping as far as presents. Food is yet to come.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  10:54:45 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I'm glad you take The Posse Seriously! Ho-Ho-Ho!! Sounds like a nice cold brisk walk you took yesterday with your Neighbor. I have been in a 2 day Fibro Flare as
the rain came back last night. Only suppose to stay a day...so, that makes me HAPPY! I'm listening to a Christmas Story while I do my Diamond Painting at Night. It is
Called The Christmas Lilac Cottage. It is a Romance Story...I wish they would throw a little Murder in with it as I LOVE Who Done Its! Ha Ha! Enjoy your reading and Christmas
Music Girls!!!

Nora...there is just something seriously wrong with starting your post out with "Went to The Landfill for Lunch Today." I had a Serious bout of Revoltion going on in my gut!
I'm glad I remembered that is where you use to work. ROFLOL And that you took FOOD! Whew, you had me worried there for a minute...Thought we might need to take up a Love
Offering for you girl, so you could get a decent meal. Ho-Ho-Ho!!!

Sabrina...just like you dear, I have been canceling engagements right and left this week and saying absolute "NO's" this week...as people have been inviting me places.
All of them I would have loved to do...BUT...my body is protesting and so I have to Pace Myself through the Christmas and New Years Activities...so my body gets the
REST it is needing to heal its self. So, Give Yourself permission to Cancel or Say NO!! Your Life with Thank You For It! As well as your kids and husband.

OK...my Fibro Flare is flaring and I'm headed back to bed for a couple of hours.

Love, Hugs, and Christmas Miracles!!!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  11:25:14 AM  Show Profile
Lenora, I'm with Peg, you ate at The Landfill? WHAT is that?/! Scary thought! I'm a little green around the gills here thinking about it.
When we took our walk last night, Annie(the dog) had a little pink coat on. Karl(neighbor) said it was her puppy coat, as, the hat part didn't reach over her head at all. Hahaha She still looked cute! She knew it too, since I fussed over her so much. She's a cute charcoal gray poodle... with not much hair(her mom cut it... in WINTER????)
so she NEEEEEDED that coat, no matter how small it was!
Sabrina, so happy to hear that you are figuring out lots of ways to cut back, so you can spend more time with the kiddo!
WHY is it called a Homeschool Coop? My sister homeschooled all her kids, years ago, but I've never heard of that term.
Ok...off to the post office... to stand in line, I'm sure.
Make it a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  4:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you are just too funny. However, some of the people who worked there did take home food that trucks brought in. A lot took home pet food. You have to realize that Wal-Mart throws out everything that is returned if it is good or bad. Truck accidents carrying food stuff is also destroyed right away. I was never that tight or hungry to eat out of the landfill.

Got Duke a harness because he was pulling too much on his leash and choking himself. He also has a coat that I put on sometimes if its in the 20's. He has super short hair. He doesn't like getting dressed up. Got him a new squeeky toy for Santa to bring him. I can't get the cats toys because Duke thinks everything is his.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  06:15:53 AM  Show Profile
Judy- well technically what we did isn’t a co-op but it is very similar and most people know that term so I just call it that. A co-op is generally a bunch of families that get together, usually weekly, to have classes, each parent takes a job such as teaching, assisting, doing nursery etc hence the name. That helps keep costs low. Anyway ours met weekly but it was part of a specific international program and we had to pay tuition so not really a co-op but very similar. There are a couple coops here as well but I don’t think we are going to do those either.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  09:58:20 AM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday ladies,
Just thought I would pop in for few minutes. I sound like a frog today but better than yesterday. Just have a bit of cold. But feeling better today than yesterday. Did some Christmas shopping and errands.

Peggy got your lovely Christmas card.

I get out of school on Wednesday at 11:00 It will be a short week of Christmas fun. We have off until Jan. 3rd. I am looking forward to a break for a bit. The last few weeks have been quite busy. The teachers have a bowling party after school for our Christmas program. We tell who we were secret santa too, eat, and have some fun. My bowling is terrible but how does one bowl with wings lol. Should be fun though.

well hope you are having a great day.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  12:58:11 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, just pull those wings back... like a pony-tail... and have at it(giggling at the pic in my mind).I don't bowl at all. Haven't since high school. Hahaha So I'm not much help in that department. Hahaha
Peg, I got your sweet card too. I liked your poem, very much. I always look forward to it!
There was a sweet and simple Christmas cantata at the little church I attended today. I really enjoyed it! God did too as He was there in all His Glory! There were all ages in that choir.
Well, gonna go read. Its a super gray day here. Most of our snow is gone. Suppose to rain. We'll see.
Have a Great SonDay Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  4:03:19 PM  Show Profile
Well ladies, is everyone ready for the final stretch until the big day? It's been quiet here guess everyone is busy. I've reved up my activity level. I've been taking Duke for walks up the road. He gets all the dogs up and barking. He is doing pretty good. The cars confuse him a little still. But it's good for both of us.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2017 :  7:25:03 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I just took my dog for his hair cut today...but I made them leave more on him than I do in the summer months. Plus he gets a special bath to help with his itchy
allergy skin in the cold months. He looks so Handsome and Smells so much better. Neither Larry nor I can bathe him in the tub so he gets the royal treatment. I have a
Tartan Plaid Coat (he is a Scottie) for him to wear in the colder months...but he hates it. Too bad...Mama is the Boss!! So, far we haven't had cold enough weather for
me to drag it out...but this just might be the week it happens.

I'm glad my card and poem are making it to your houses. Judy I must say that your Christmas Card made me laugh out loud...because it is so stinken cute! It is one of MY
FAVORITES this year!

Nora...I want to see a new picture of Duke so I can see how much he is growing. Please! Please!! Please!!! Ok, I'm done begging (for now)! LOL I know some stores that really
burn me with their blatant waste of product. Fred Meyers here throws all their clothes in their waste Bins after they have reduced their price in the store to 50% off to 60% off.
Talk about a waste!!! Makes me smoking mad!!

Teacher Tammy...Just put those wings up in a hair band for the Night and Bowl away. If you get a lot of gutter balls then blame it on your hair band being too tight! LOL
Just smile and have FUN!! I hope your Secret Santa was a good one!!

Finished up my Christmas Shopping today...just need to buy a couple Gift Cards and I'm good! Just a little more wrapping and it's done!!!

Gotta go spend sometime with hubs.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  06:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Here you are, Peggy. He's about 10 lbs now.

Merry Christmas

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  08:43:42 AM  Show Profile
Awwww.... he's a cutie. You can just see the energy and the "ornery" in those eyes!
Boy, the Christmas cards have really dwindled down around here. We sent out plenty BUT I guess people are still cutting back. What a shame...I really think it's becoming a lost art.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  08:48:17 AM  Show Profile
I agree, I have a lot more this year thanks to the farmgirls who sent but with the older relative and friends dying off they are dwindling down. People just don't use the post office like they use to. Computers are changing things. That's why I love the swaps, I like checking my mail for packages and cards.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2017 :  11:45:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Nora for the picture of Duke...he is so cute!!! He looks like he wouldn't shed much! Snickers sheds a lot! Every time I vacuum it is
just full of dog hair!! When I look at my Red Persian Rug and it looks like it's growing a black coat...I know I have to vacuum...like NOW!! Anyway, back to Duke
he does look like a high energy dog. My Scottie is going to be 8 yrs Old next month and his energy level is 0. He sleeps a lot!

Judy...I agree with both you and Nora on the Christmas Card thing...I told my husband the other day that after my generation dies off probably nobody will send out
Christmas Cards any more. So Sad!!! I use to send out 140 cards each year...but have cut down to 80 Cards as loved ones have died off. But truly if it wasn't for
my Bible Study Gals and My Farm Sisters...I wouldn't get very many cards at all. And that is sad!!! I enjoy doing them!!

Well, those gifts I bought yesterday aren't going to wrap themselves...so I better get in gear.

Love Ya All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  08:30:45 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear ones,
I am on vacation vacation vacation. I have to say I am not a bowler hahahaha but I had so much fun and I had a score of 10 yep you read that right ...lol apparently I am not gifted that way hehehehehe but what a hoot. My secret santa was good to me as well so it was a fun day.
Went to the eye doctor yesterday and well getting older stinks good gracious you would think I was blind....so will be getting new glasses in about a week.
Today cleaning house and made potato soup as it is a whopping 13 degrees and we had a our first snow yesterday.
I am so happy to have a rest. I hope you have a blessed day ladies,
love and blessings
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2017 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Enjoy your time off, Tammy! Sounds like you are off to a good start!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  3:45:43 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas everybody! Hope everybody had a blessed day. We're kicking back relaxing and will have dessert soon. Our numbers dwindled down to only 3 of us from the 10 we were expecting. Jasper's mom took him so Jordon decided to stay home. I tried to convince him to come up anyway and he was considering it but the roads got really icy and he didn't want to drive in it. We're planning on meeting up Thursday and exchanging gifts. Santa was very nice and brought me my snowmobile bibs, goggles with extra lens and bacave (spelling ?). So now all I need is a helmet and boots and I'm set! It would be nice to get some snow so I can practice.

Tea packets for November went out and everybody should start receiving them in the next day or so. Sorry they were so late.

Okay, I need to whip some cream for the pumpkin pies. Hope everybody has a great evening!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2017 :  9:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, got my tea packet Saturday. Thank you! Loved the cute tuck. Attached it already(the rest of you can ponder that comment) till yours comes. *giggle*
Merry Christmas Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  11:36:59 AM  Show Profile
Peggy thanks for the card!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! We went to my moms a couple days before Christmas then had a calm Christmas eve and Christmas at home. In laws arrive tomorrow so we aren't done with the festivities.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  2:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, got my tea package today, Thanks a bunch.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page