Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  4:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, glad things worked well. Can't wait for pictures.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  7:06:16 PM  Show Profile
I am so glad for you Shannon, my she was a very healthy baby.
God Bless you both and glad you are alright.
Have a good rest and take care.

hugs and love
darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  09:02:25 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Big healthy girl...you couldn't ask for anything more! Praise God! I'm standing in line with everyone else wanting to see pictures!!

Darlene...I love when you pop on for a quick chat. But come more often we love having another Encourager on here!!

Judy...I have to admit that I do notice them posting numbers once in awhile. But for some reason this time I was thinking I was going to hit 7,000 and was
taken aback to see it was only 6,000. I guess I thought I was much more chatty than that...but decided, NO...you're just long winded girl! LOL

Well, my time with my Grandkids and Sons was just priceless! That just made my whole Thanksgiving and Christmas right there!! My Grand-daughters from Seattle
are growing up so fast!!! I just wanted to stack bricks on their heads and make them stop growing! I took lots of pictures as well, as got some taken with my
Sons and then with my 4 Grands. My Sons all have great senses of humor...so they are a riot when they are all together.

Hope to get my Christmas Tree put up this week. And at least start on the Other Decorating. I just want to enjoy it as long as I can. Patrick and Larry are kind
of Christmas Scrooges...so I have to create my own Christmas JOY!!! Can't wait to see what I think of my new PURPLE Christmas Tree.

OK...Love Ya'll! Have a great Sonday!

Looking forward to Thanksgiving because I will get to see my Daughter-In-Laws Family. They are fun to visit with.
My husband is going to try to go out to dinner with us. So, we shall see if he makes it or not. I hope so! As he is
only around the grand kids during the Holidays. He misses out on so much fun with them.

Blessings, Joy and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  10:33:54 AM  Show Profile
I usually wait until the Sunday after Thanksgiving to put up the tree, etc. But since I don't have to get the house all pretty in a couple of days I might put it up on Thanksgiving so our company Saturday can enjoy it. We are not expecting nearly as many this year as some so I don't think it will be in the way. We don't get a lot of company over Christmas.

Everyone enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  2:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Happy SonDay!
Shannon, so happy that you and the baby are home and starting to settle in. Glad to hear that you are both doing ok.
Church was small and quiet today.... but a good message. It's spitting snow now and very windy, 38.
A good night to snuggle down and read or watch a good movie with a hot cuppa.
Pasty said that she had high winds all day yesterday. I told her she's just not use to being on flat ground. They lived in a hollow in N.C. No winds there summer or winter.
Make it a good evening gals!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"FALL in love with Jesus, He will never LEAF you!"
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  4:44:11 PM  Show Profile

Hi Porchies, it is an honor for me to introduce you to Jenni Rebecca Hudson, isn’t she just a little doll?
They are home with their family resting and happy.
Congratulations to all the Hudson Family, and another sweet Blessing.

Hugs,
Deb
Blessed in Colorado

FGOTM, Septembe, 2012

"You must do the thing you think you can not do." Eleanor Roosevelt

Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings We simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We're flexible like that!

http://shopus.longaberger.com/mountainwingslongabergerbaskets
http://myworld.ebay.com/debbt
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  6:45:32 PM  Show Profile
She's beautiful. Almost makes me want one. She's a living doll.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2017 :  8:16:01 PM  Show Profile
Deb...thanks for posting The Picture of Jenni. She is a sweet robust baby!!! Just a Doll!! I am so happy for the Hudson Family!!
They have a lot to be Thankful for this week.

I hope you and Tom and Your Son Have a Lovely Thanksgiving!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  08:26:56 AM  Show Profile
awwwwww....thanks for posting that Deb! What a cutie! I was 9lb 4oz, 21 inches when I was born and she looks bigger than I was.*giggle* I always felt sorry for my 5ft 1in Mama. She had to be alllll baby carrying me. I remember her saying that she was so BIG that when they came home from the hospital with me, Patsy wouldn't go to her because she didn't know her and was afraid of her! Hahaha Isn't that something?
Any body else have any unusual stories like that?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  10:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Well My Story is that my Brother and I were 5 lbs something when we were each born. Our Mom Smoked so that was why we were so small.

My Little Sister was a Preemie at 2 lbs something. When she was 2 yrs old she got Bronchitis that went into pnuemonia or something and they didn't know if she
would make it. For some reason she had to have a complete blood transfusion and she had a big scar on her throat and both ankles. The
Dr. said if she lived to be 10 yrs old he would buy her a String of Pearls to cover her neck scar. He didn't think she would make it past
that age. Even though she did have a compromised and fragile immune system all her life...she made it to 57 yrs. Old. Both her and my older brother
lived until age 57. I am still alive and kicking at age 66. I give God all the Credit...as I did not do drugs, alcohol, or smoke and they both did.
In fact my little sister started smoking at age 11 and even though she was bed ridden the last 4 years of her life...she didn't quit smoking until a
year before she died. I was so mad at her...because by then it was way too late.

Well, that's my story!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  1:37:52 PM  Show Profile
My family have rather big babies - 10 lbs. My sister is 4 years older than I. When my brother was born, I was two and she was six. We told daddy to give him back we didn't want a baby brother. We tried to give him away. One day he was in the playpen sitting in front of the sewing machine. I don't know whose idea it was but we pushed the sewing machine into the playpen trying to get rid of him. But he's 63 now so we were never successful.

My son was born on Easter Monday and I had surgery the day after so we were in the hospital several extra days. He was 10 lbs 4 1/2 oz. and named John Henry. You should have heard everyone's reaction. They had his name posted in his bassinet and he looked so big next to the other babies.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2017 :  6:21:08 PM  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Shannon congrats on baby Jenni she is darling. Glad you are home and doing well.

My sweet babies were small but they were twins. 5 lbs 14 oz and 4 lbs and 14 oz. Of course 21 years later you would never think that lol. We have school tomorrow and then out the rest of the week. I will put my tree up the day after Thanksgiving. That is a tradition. I believe Thanksgiving deserves its day and this year the grandsons will be here to help decorate. Should be very pretty when they are done. Peggy love the idea of purple tree.

well I just wanted to pop in now time to fold clothes and have some quiet time.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2017 :  3:05:43 PM  Show Profile
Aww, Shannon! Jenni is adorable!

Thanks, Deb!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  12:05:31 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - Congratulations! She is adorable!

It's supposedly 32' out but it sure doesn't feel that warm. Yesterday it was 56' which is highly unseasonably warm for North Dakota. Tomorrow and Friday though are supposed to be in the 40's so we'll see and then it's predicted to plunge down into the teens for highs again. I wanted snow and I'm not getting it! lol

So is everybody ready for Thanksgiving? Benny's son is buying the ham so I didn't have to worry about that. I did my shopping Monday after work so I'm set for the rest of the supplies. I just need to pick up a bag of onions I forgot I'd need and some cans of cat food then put everything in the cooler, load the car and we're heading north to the farm - 4 glorious days to stay up there (I'm not going to want to come back).

Looks like I have Jasper for the whole weekend as she hasn't bothered to tell Jordon yet if she's picking him up. She can't drive 1.5 hrs to pick him up so I can't imagine she'll drive 4 hrs LOL. We'll have fun with the lil dude and totally wear some energy off him.

My plans for my holiday weekend are to relax, knit, watch a ton of TV (probably Hallmark because Benny likes sappy movies lol), read and be happy :O)

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  3:03:15 PM  Show Profile
Have a great week-end, Peggy. Sound idealic.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  7:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone.

Congratulations Shannon!

Tammy, have you had your test? If so I hope it went well, if not good luck!!

Well I made it through collection week. It was crazy but fun overall. We didn't quite hit our goal in my area but we will do better next year I'm sure!

Now it is time for house cleaning. We are having a small low-key Thanksgiving at home with just us but next weekend Dustin's grandmother is coming to visit. So I'm going to be cleaning my house like crazy. She is such a better housekeeper than I am and she also had five kids so I'm a bit paranoid about the condition of my house right now. It needed a thorough cleaning and organizing anyway this will just push me to do it.

I have to say, having taken a couple things off my plate and felt the freedom that came with that I am re-evaluating everything I'm doing and all my commitments. I may be bowing out of a few more things soon to restore some peace and order to our lives. It is hard to change habits and hard to leave something you have been involved in for years but the option to relax a bit and focus on family is very appealing. Peggy-I think I'm finally learning the lesson about not overcommitting :).

Well I just wanted to check in really quick. I think I'll head to bed soon even though I didn't get as much cleaning done as I'd hoped. Hope you all have a very very wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  12:07:46 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I Hope every one has a Blessed Day and Shopping Weekend! Gobble Gobble!! and Ho-Ho-Ho!!

It is midnight or very close. I'm up polishing my nails. We have dinner out tomorrow at Noon! Then hubby will head home and I will go to the Festival of The Trees with the kids and the Tree Lighting Ceremony. If it doesn't pour rain! I'm not into standing out in the rain for anything! I haven't gotten sick and don't want to start off the Holidays with the junk that has been going around.

I got the Christmas Tree Finished today except I ordered a new Angel for the Top. The Purple Star I bought last year...lights up a Bluish Lavender and does not look good on this
dark Purple Tree. So I bought a Gold and Satan Angel and I will add some purple ribbon to it when it comes. I just pray it is not coming from China!!! LOL I also did a Christmas
runner on The Table with a Big Clear Jar of purple and gold ornaments and a purple ribbon with gold edging. Looks Pretty...all the rest of Thanksgiving and Fall will come down
this weekend and the rest of Christmas out. It is fun but a lot of work...but hey I do it because I Enjoy It!!!

Girls Have A Wonderful Thanksgiving and Count Your Many Blessings and see What God has done in your Life!

Big Hugs and Love,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 23 2017 12:10:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  08:03:38 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY BLESSED THANKSGIVING PORCH-BUDS!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7485 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7485 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  08:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

hugs

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2017 :  10:08:22 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It's a warm day here with a prediction of 56' for a high today - very unseasonal lol. Hope everybody had an awesome Thanksgiving. I'm exhausted after 4 days of chasing Jasper. I drove back this morning and I've got a sinus headache starting so it's not helping with the exhaustion. Stopped to get gas and took Jasper in so I could get something cold to drink to have him throw up all over both of us (30 minutes into a 2.5 hour drive). Thankfully he'd only had white grape juice so no food particles. He's been fighting a cold and I think just had mucus built up in his system during the night that triggered it. He was running around immediately so he felt fine otherwise.

Good news. When I picked up my mail this morning my results were in and I passed my CNA state test with a 94%! Thank you for all the prayers!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2017 :  10:20:40 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy ~ CONGRATS GIRL!!! We knew you could do it but prayed for you anyway...because prayers do count!!! I have had 4 days of my two very rambunctious Grand children
and I am about as pooped as I can be. Today I need to work on reboxing The Fall Decor and putting up the rest of Christmas. Plus I have to prepare my last Bible Study Lesson
of 2017.

Hope EVERYONE had a Fabulous Thanksgiving and Black Friday Shopping! Me...I prefer Cyber Monday!!! LOL

OK girls...it is awful quiet on The Porch and everyone is BUSY as BEES...but at least hop on and check in once in awhile!!! The Posse doesn't like to Saddle up this time
of year and hunt you down. It just doesn't seem like the Spirit of Christmas Joy having to hog tie you together and drag you back!!! LOL

Love You All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 27 2017 10:22:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2017 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your test grades, Tammy.

We had our Thanksgiving on Saturday and Jay's son invited one of his old school friends. They have 4 girls, 15, 6, 4,and 2 1/2. The little one wanted me to hold her. The 4 year old was afraid of Duke and the chickens. They helped gather eggs. We had a good time. I was so glad we had a some young blood around for a change. I was very worn out yesterday. But we got our lights put up today and I did the tree yesterday. Want to get to the dollar store and get a few other things to put out this year. I have more time now. Hopefully, I will find the spirit again.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2017 :  3:07:13 PM  Show Profile
Hi all, Cyber Monday is messing with my puter. I had a whole paragraph down here and *poof*... gone!
So... Prairie Tammy, so sorry about your travel woes BUT, so happy to hear about your test scores. Congrats!!!
Isn't God Giggly-Good!!!
Peg, I too am enjoying Cyber Monday. So nice not to fight crowds and just shop from the comfort of my favorite chair with a hot cuppa at my elbow.
I'm taking all my turkeys down and 'leafing' all the fall 'leafs'(giggle)out yet along with a few other fall decorations. I love fall colors too much to put them away yet. Since we are having 50's today it sure isn't making me feel like putting out all my snowmen yet.
Well, my dryer is calling.
Bye for now!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2017 :  06:34:26 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on the test Tammy!!!

Just popping in to say hi. We had a very laid back Thanksgiving, no guests or going anywhere, which is what we needed. I cleaned most of the day, we called it "Cleansgiving" lol. Hubby's grandma is coming in thursday so I still have more cleaning to do. I'm a bit paranoid, she is a better housekeeper than I am and she has more energy than I do, she never stops moving and only sleeps like 4 hours a night, seriously!! I think my second daughter took after her! I made arrangements for her, my oldest, and I to tour the McCall Pattern factory here in town on Friday. I've been wanting to do that since we moved here so I'm pretty excited! I think she will like it!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2017 :  09:39:17 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Touring the McCall pattern factory sounds awesome! Make sure to give us an update on it. Has she always only slept 4 hours or has that happened with age? I'm noticing I'm only needing about 6 hours now but when I was younger I needed a minimum of 8 to just function.

PeggyAnn & Judy - I'm with you both - I hate shopping especially after Thanksgiving. I'm all about the online shopping for about everything now. With even basic stores being so far away from the farm it's a good thing I'm not a shopper. Now if I could only get my groceries delivery too LOL Benny sent me a picture a couple months ago of an Amazon semi delivering an order to the farm he works at. Didn't know they had semi's deliver but he said he's had semi's deliver to his farm too.

Well I finally gave notice at the law office yesterday since I got my test results. Didn't want to chance not passing and being out of a job. She was nicer about it then I thought she would be. Now I'm waiting to hear from the nursing home when I'll have orientation and start there.

I slept 10 hours last night and feel like I could sleep another 10. Back to being majorly congested, coughing a lot again with muscus, and my voice is hoarse again. UGG I'm tired of being sick. I know my body got majorly depleted during my training so I'm going to have to baby myself despite hating to do it to get it built back up. Looks like lots of tea, blankets and knitting while watching Hallmark Christmas movies.

Speaking of tea, my tea packet for November will be a bit late. Tea came in last week but my tucks haven't arrived yet and I got an email this morning that they just shipped today (uggg). I'll get my envelopes ready this weekend so they can go out as soon as they arrive.

Well December is going to be a month of decluttering for me - at least it's my goal lol. I need to start deciding what I'm moving and what I'm getting rid of. I can start listing things for sale or donating. I've got to weed out books majorly as there's no room for all 5 of my bookcases. Decluttering my Christmas decorations as I decorate will help too.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page