Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  11:53:32 AM  Show Profile
The wind sure is bitey today. Guess winter is coming after all. Got a load of towels on the line early. Can't wait to see if the wind dries them. I love the feel of towels on the line.
Might make a pot of vegetable soup tomorrow.
The cats are all staying close to the house. So there's a lot of hissing going on. I don't know how some people have animals that get along so well and mine never do. They cohabitate but that's about all.
Sabrina, your farm goals sound grand. Good luck with your next set of bees.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  05:14:04 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies! Had another awesome weekend at the farm. It was Jaspers first trip up and he loved it. He is such a boy lol He loved hanging out in the shed and climbing on and off all the snowmobiles and Bennys Harley.

He got upset when Benny went out to the shed Sunday morning after breakfast so I told him if he wanted to go to the shed he had to get dressed. He went to his bag and started pulling socks and a shirt out and putting them on and then went and got his shoes and coat and brought them to me lol As soon as we went out the door he headed for the shed like he knew what he was doing. Benny took him out yesterday and sat him on a couple horses and let him pet some cows.

Benny was fixing a couple things this weekend and Jasper was right there helping and watching. That kid seems to instinctively get things so this will be great for him to learn.

Well I enter my last week of CNA classes this week. Please keep me in prayer that I pass. I have tests today and tomorrow, clinical on Wednesday and my state final on Friday. With Jasper up there I didn't get much studying done.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  06:05:10 AM  Show Profile
I posted earlier from my tablet so coundnt post pics. Here's a couple from this weekend.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  10:08:07 AM  Show Profile
He is so cute.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2017 :  10:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Awwww.... how cute and 'Big-Boy' is he! Thanks for sharing Tammy! Praying for you and your grades that God's will, will be done!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"FALL in love with Jesus, He will never LEAF you!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  12:18:35 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...yup, he is all BOY! Goes right for the Big Boy Toys. LOL Praying that you achieve those things that you are working
hard towards. It probably did you more good NOT to study too hard this past weekend. A refreshed mind and spirit does wonders for clear
thinking and recall.

Judy...thanks for all those great E-Cards and I'm Pretty darn excited about The Holiday Calendar. Cold, wet weather here. Couldn't walk
if I wanted to. And I do need to!!! I'm getting to look like somebody already stuffed this turkey! LOL

Quiet on the Home Front here...

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  10:37:38 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Foggy and 36' this afternoon, supposed to get into the 40's but we'll see. All our snow is going to be gone for sure. There's forecast of maybe another storm hitting right after Thanksgiving but that's so far out I won't hold my breath lol

PeggyAnn - I think going up there has kept me from getting too stressed out with the schedule, it's been so intense. It's allowed me to relax, which I'm sure has helped. I can't wait until this week is over though. It's worse than working this much because of the stress of all the tests. We're supposed to get review forms and I'm definitely going to make comments.

Thanks everybody on the comments on how cute Jasper is LOL He can be a riot.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  12:33:14 PM  Show Profile
Hey guys! Just checking in really quick... My section is scheduled for this Friday. Trying to get things done before then... Life just seems overwhelming right now!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  5:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Shannon... hugz and hang in there...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  11:20:08 PM  Show Profile
Grace...so Great to have you on The Porch...WELCOME AND PLEASE COME BACK! Have you gotten settled into the Spokane area?
I like your WACAL GAL!! Have you gotten snow yet??? My mom who lives in Spokane said they have gotten a few inches a couple of times
already!

Shannon...praying for an easy C-section and a beautiful babe in your arms come Friday!! Sorry, everything is overwhelming at the moment
but once you have that precious child in your arms the rest of the World will take a back seat for awhile. Praying for you, the baby,
and the rest of the Family!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  11:55:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy... yep, got snow followed by rain...
we are in escrow for a property in Medical Lake out by hwy 2.
But due to some property line issues... we have had to go back and forth to the county as well as deal with a surveyor ... oh joy... so here is where we are at... we have extended the closing date 2x... we have now extended it to Dec.1st... if the seller can't get things worked out, we will cancel and go back to searching for a home on acerage..
We were suppose to have closed Nov.1st... now
we have given them till the 1st of Dec... I am going to stay optimistic ...
But at least each morning when I go outside to get cell service...by the goat barn... the goats are happy to see me... ok, truth be told... they are happy cuz. I bring them crackers!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Nov 15 2017 11:57:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  12:16:31 PM  Show Profile
Gracie...don't you just love the wait? Not! Well, hopefully it will close on Dec 1st. Buying and Selling can be such a test of True Grit some times.
My husband use to sell Real Estate and my youngest son is a Property Manager and Realtor. They always had and have interesting stories to share about
the process. Are you staying with your daughter and grandkids? I will pray for you that everything goes well. For now...just keep the Goats Happy!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2017 :  5:09:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace! That's so cute, that you go to the goat barn to get cell service. So funny. They like crackers huh? How cute is that!
We have had steady soft rain all afternoon. Almost all of our leaves are down. A drab, chilly day.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  12:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies! Cold and gray skies today. Yesterday we were having flurries but didn't accumulate anything.

Sharon - prayers for a safe delivery tomorrow for you and a fast recovery for you and baby. Don't forget to post pictures!

Grace - I have to laugh because we have to go outside to be able to talk on our phones at the farm LOL. I'm sure the goats provide lively entertainment for you whether you have crackers or not LOL

Well had my clinical yesterday. My body is going to have to get use to moving extremely heavy people because I was sore last night from what I did help with. It was interesting though. One of my patients was a WW2 vet so him and I had an interesting conversation. I was tired and sore afterwards and wanted to see my son and Jasper so took them out for supper.

Tomorrow is my state test so please keep me in prayer. There are 2 parts to it: a 72 question online test that we have 90 minutes to complete and then we have to demonstrate 5 living skills (computer generates list for each person) that we have 30 minutes to complete. I'm worried about over thinking the questions and the living skills test. You'd think it would be common sense but I fail to see how using 7 wash clothes and 3 towels for a partial bed bath and only one side at that is common sense - one cloth for the face, 3 clothes for the arm (one for hand, one for arm and one for armpit) and 3 for pericare(bottom care).

Well almost time to head for home and study time. I may take a quick nap as this cold that I've been fighting almost 3 weeks is still dragging my energy down.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  1:02:41 PM  Show Profile
Good luck on you test, Tammy. I'm sure you'll do great.
Sharon, hope everything goes smoothly for you tomorrow and you and your baby bounce home quickly.

We've been having sunny, windy weather this week. Funny how the fifty's feel so different in November than in March.

They cut the corn in the field over the week end. I've been over a couple of times picking up what's left and shelling it out for the chickens this winter. It will help with the amount of scratch I have to buy.

Trying to get my thoughts in order for Thanksgiving next week. Hard to believe that it's already that time of year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2017 :  5:01:42 PM  Show Profile
Love and Prayers and X-TRA Hugs&Squeezles go out to you all!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  09:35:15 AM  Show Profile
Good Mornen' My Porchies...

I'm Happy, Happy, Happy today...as my oldest son is bringing my Grand-daughters down from Seattle tomorrow to see me! I can't wait!!
We are having a Family Gathering at my youngest sons house. It will be so much fun to see the cousins together etc. The older girls haven't
seen Savannah since she was a baby...so they will have fun loving on her. Poor Elijah will be out numbered by females but Oh, well!

It is actually sun shining outside. I should go for a walk but will probably go back to bed as I got up way too early this morning. I feel
pretty rested though...so, the walk may win out after all.

Shannon...thinking and praying for you today girl! Yes, please post pictures!!! We all want to ooooh and aaaawe! Babies are such fun!

Nora...sounds like you are busy with corn. I couldn't agree more with your statement about Thanksgiving coming so fast this year. But I am
always ready for Turkey and Pumpkin Pie!!!

Tammy...that is one thing about going into the field you are going into...you really have to manhandle the weight of people. I know that will
probably be the hardest part of your job...taking a toll on your own body. Praying for your testing today!!

Judy...is Dave working on Thanksgiving? Are you going out to Dinner anywhere? What's your plans girl...I love to know what people are doing.
We are going out to Dinner at The Red Lion in Oregon. Should be really good!!! And we so enjoy both sides of the Family coming. So much fun.

OK...I'm off to either get my walking shoes on or crawl back into bed. Have an awesome weekend Girlies....

Count Your Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  10:56:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I found a crustless pumpkin pie recipe that Jay just loves. I've made it six times in as many weeks. It's great for my weight loss and he loves it. Win Win.

Have a great time with your son and granddaughters tomorrow. Family is so much fun this time of year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  11:59:18 AM  Show Profile
Nora I would love the recipe...because I never eat the Crust! Would you care to share????

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  1:32:04 PM  Show Profile
Weight Watchers Crustless Pumpkin Pie
Ingredients
15 oz. can pumpkin
½ c. egg beaters
1 ½ c. skim milk
¾ c. Splenda
½ tsp. salt
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Directions
Beat together all ingredients until smooth. Prepare pie pan with Pam, pour in batter. Bake at 350 for 60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
Serves 4
Nutrition Info
Calories: 86.5
Fat: .6g
Carbohydrates: 19.3g
Protein: 7.4g

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  1:34:20 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I used a whole egg and 2% milk. You can use the same amount of sugar as Splenda and sugar measure the same. Just be sure the knife comes out clean before removing from the oven and it cuts and comes out just like the pie with crust.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2017 :  7:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Yum! My mouth is watering. I want to make that pie filling. I get tired of crust too. I like pumpkin pudding(I call it)... and yet, I like to make pie crust strips with cinnamon and sugar. I'm such a silly girl. Hahaha
Peg I hope you got more sleep. Sounds like you are going to need it since you are going to need the energy to Squish&Squeezle all those kiddos.
Dave was suppose to work, but somehow he ended up getting Thanksgiving off. He's afraid that means he will have to work Christmas. We will have to wait and see. I usually go to Bob Evans for their turkey dinner. Its really good and reasonable. We shall wait and see what he wants to do.
Its suppose to be rainy and 50's tomorrow. So weird after it being in the 40's all week. Oh well, that's Ohio for ya! *giggle*
Have a safe weekend Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 17 2017 8:02:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  10:18:12 AM  Show Profile
Nora...Thanks!! I will write this recipe down later. Sounds Perfect!! And Thanks for sharing! I bought a Safeway Pumpkin Pie last night and it was the
grossest thing I have ever tried to eat. So, I will definitely try this recipe from Weight Watchers. I keep canned pumpkin on hand all year.

Judy...WOW, that would be nice to spend Thanksgiving with your Sweetie for a change! How fun!!! Maybe he will still get Christmas off too. We had a
beautiful day yesterday and another one today. It is even suppose to be 60 degrees on Thanksgiving and no rain. Someone is smiling down on us!!! But rain
before and after the Holiday. I got a 2 mile walk in yesterday. I never push myself to do the entire 5 miles when I haven't been able to walk for awhile.
The dog was happy too. He thinks I should push him in his stroller rain or shine. LOL Not going to happen though!!

OK...Off to get a few things done before my Oldest Son and Grand-daughters arrive. I'm so excited!! I will have all 3 of my boys with me today! And my 4 biological
Grand-kids. That doesn't happen but every few years. The Girls want to go to Barnes and Noble today too (I wonder where they get that family trait from!) LOL

Drum Roll Please...I notice that on my next post I hit 6,000 Posts. I think 95% of them have been on The Porch! LOL

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 18 2017 10:21:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  3:57:56 PM  Show Profile
Go Peggy, Go Peggy, Go Go Go! 6000! WOW! We seem to do more chat on here than anywhere else so I guess that's why. Is this a good thing or are we just saying that we are blabber-mouths? hahaha
I didn't even notice when I hit 3000!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2017 :  4:27:41 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! We are home! Ended up having my section on the 16th, as my water broke. It was pretty traumatic, as my spinal didnt work right, so i felt much of it! I am extremely sore, but we are home!!! Jenni was 8 lb 4.5 oz, 20 inches long, and is just perfect <3 Everyone is absolutely in love!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page