Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2017 :  5:58:04 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, glad he made it home too.
Lenora, a 5 bedroom house ISN'T big enough for 4 cats and a puppy?/! Good grief... what is?hahahahahaha
We have had rain and drizzle and 40's for 2 days now. Good weather for kanoodling&kanundering! Those are my new words for puttering! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"FALL in love with Jesus, He will never LEAF you!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  10:10:02 AM  Show Profile
It's been snowy today although not sticking thankfully. 60-70% chance of snow Saturday and Sunday so I'm thinking a white Thanksgiving may be in our future LOL. It's 31' right now but feels like 17' with the wind chill. The winds have been very blustery for several days with gusts over 50 mph. I'm planning on going up to the farm this weekend so hopefully the roads won't be bad for traveling. With wind gusts this high they can blow a semi off the highway especially if you hit any ice.

Jordon as usual failed to update me on his schedule this weekend. Thankfully he texted me about 9 pm Friday night to see if I wanted to keep Jasper overnight or drop off at 6 am. They were supposed to give him Saturdays off every other weekend (when he has Jasper) but have not honored that and aren't giving him weekends off at all. I had to take Jasper with to meet a new dog client Saturday morning. Sunday I got up at 5 to do dogs before he got there so I wouldn't have to take him with. Thankfully both days he climbed in bed with me and went back to sleep after he got there.

So has everybody started planning for Thanksgiving? I'm still not sure where I'm spending it. Jordon's not sure what his schedule is yet but he does have Jasper so I'll need to plan for them.

PeggyAnn - How's that book? I was having a lot of trouble getting into it. Hopefully it's a better read for you.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  10:55:17 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

This is a picture another gal did of the 3D Diamond Painting that I am working on. Mine wouldn't upload
for some reason. You do this entire picture diamond dots that you adhere to the basic picture. This one
covers the entire picture. Some pictures you only highlight the picture with the diamond dots. It is a
lot of FUN!!! Ya'll were curious so here it is!

Prairie Tammy...Brr Girlfriend...that is too cold and snow already!!! We are going to be in the 70's again
today. Already beautiful out. Sunny and delightful!! ~ I have started the book...about 7 Chapters into it.
It is the Era of this kind of Book I like. I am enjoying it. I consider it a Cozy Read...and they are just
easy enjoyable reads without a lot of depth to them. You really have to be in the mood for that kind of read.
~ I sent you a book that I just finished that is of that same ERA but has more depth to it...called the Chaperone.
I think I sent it in Audio Format. I enjoyed it a lot as I walked my five miles listening to it...for several
days. ~ Will you have to take Jasper to the Farm with you this weekend? I think that is down right mean that
Jordan's Employer won't honor his request not to work weekends when Jordan has Jasper. That is not right! Is
Jordan just too shy to talk to him about it??? My son Patrick would be that way. Not shy but extremely intro-
verted. He just shared with me something that has been going on in his life for the past 4 months that is an
extreme stressor in his life and he just wasn't ready to talk about it until yesterday. I could totally emapthize
with him. I guess it is hard for me when he doesn't share because I am an open book and I expect others to be
also and they just are not. Different personalities make the world go round I guess. LOL

Nora...your house sounds like The Animal Farm!! I Love it! If it wasn't for Snickers being 7 yrs Old...I would get
another smaller lap dog but he is pretty set in his ways and he rules the roost around here...and he would NOT look
kindly to me adding another pet into the mix around here. He has it pretty darn good with 3 people loven on him all
the time and he knows it. LOL

Judy...do you have snow??? I'm glad I live where I do. Snow is pretty and I like it for a max of 3 days to a week but
after that...I want it GONE!!! I'm so done and over it...by then. Seattle where my Oldest son lives...they got snow last
week and had a 2 hour late start the next day. Seattle does NOT handle snow well. Their drivers freak out in it! But they
have a lot of steep hills like San Francisco does and it is even scary for a seasoned snow driver there. I learned to
drive in snow but if you have to stop half way up a steep road in the snow...you are most likely going to slide right back
down and take a few parked cars out on the way down. Yikes!!

OK...girlies. It is almost time to start thinking about the Tea Exchange for next year. Are you in or out? Or does anybody
have a suggestion for a Different Kind of Swap for a Change???? Just let me know if you have a Brain Storm. We have done Tea
for years and it might be refreshing to do something else...I'm just saying I'm Open to it!

Have a Beautiful Day Ladies. Whatever you do...do it with JOY!

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2017 :  3:01:55 PM  Show Profile
We had a little snow across the mountain in West VA but only rain here. I'm not ready for winter. But it seems to go from summer to winter and winter to summer with very little spring and fall.
I started cleaning the living room for the holidays today. I took down the curtains to wash and uncovered about a dozen stink bugs. The curtains still smelled of stink bugs when I hung them on the line.
We will do our Thanksgiving on the Saturday after. I finally got the invitations out. I was a little late this year.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  08:33:50 AM  Show Profile
Good morning. Light dusting of snow this morning and looks like snow forecast every day through the weekend. Benny said it would probably be his last day in the fields.

Day off from school but will have a ton of studying to do tonight. Test over 4 chapters tomorrow and another test over about 42 abbreviations. We have a MN firm using our office for a federal case taking depositions so lots of attorneys in the office and a lot of stupid posturing - so glad I'll be done with this soon.

Sabrina - received my tea packet today! Thank you!

PeggyAnn - Jordon has requested and been denied the weekends. They've also changed his hours without discussing with him - he has one weekend he's working 9 am to 6 pm instead of the 6:15 am to 3:15 pm he's supposed to work. Jasper got bit on the face by another kid at day care this week. He said they blamed Jasper for it because he took at toy away from the kid. That concerns me quite a bit, he's 2 yo and of course they take toys they shouldn't but that doesn't make it acceptable for a kid to bite him. I'm more concerned about kids biting and Jasper learning that behavior now then I am taking toys away from each other. Jordon sent me a picture of the bite mark next to his ear, thankfully it didn't break skin but it was definitely visible hours afterwards.

Lenora - we have a ton of box elder bugs that I have all over the house and the German bugs that look like ladybugs that I'm constantly killing and trying to clean up. I do need to get working on cleaning the house for the holidays. I still have dozens of boxes in my small kitchen that I need to either take down to the basement or find somewhere to put the stuff. My kitchen is hard to work in on a regular basis because it's so small and the boxes are making it impossible.

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  09:01:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi gals, We were suppose to have snow this morning. If we did, I was sleeping when it snuck in. *giggle*
We are in the 40's and dreary again. Might rain all week, they day.
I'm looking forward to our first snow. I take my beetle-bug in for an oil change and 2 new tires tomorrow. No more than I drive in winter I'm tempted to take insurance off it for the season. On the other hand, what if Dave's Jeep won't start on a bitter day and he needs my car. He leaves at 5:30 and most insurance places open around 9. What if he has an accident in those few hours? Hmmm.... tough one!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  09:15:56 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I forgot why I got on here in the first place... which was to show you a couple of flea market finds *duh*
Hahahahaha

The first 2 pics are of a trivet/basket that cost me 3.00 that I thought was soooo cute. I put candy in it.
The other pic is of a candle that I paid 2.00 for that I just adored just because of it's tea reference... right TLTammy?
Oh... the chicken placemat behind the basket cost me 50 cents for 2.
Yaaaa...love bargains!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Nov 01 2017 09:18:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  12:09:48 PM  Show Profile
SNOW, SNOW STAY AWAY...I'D RATHER IT RAINED ANY DAY!!!

For those of you who are in Snow Country...I'm praying for you to keep it all!

Well, everyone at my house is back to bed but me. Pat has a seriously ugly cough/cold, Larry feels weak from not being able to hold food down,
and I can't stay out of the bathroom for the past 36 hours and have a headache. Even the dog is asleep! I think I should soon join them.

My other Family members Shane's Sweet Family they are all sick with a Flu/Cold thing. Haven't seen them for two weeks. Missed My Birthday, Missed
seeing the little ones for Halloween...but don't want what they have. Shane is on the Verge of Pneumonia his Dr. said. Gave him some anti-biotic and
still he sounds like the Walking dead. They have all been running temps between 102 and 104. Poor Babies!!!

Judy...love your Chickie Finds!! How cute!!! Don't you just LOVE a great bargain? You better not put your baby to bed for winter because "What IF???"
You just never know if Dave will need her. Though Bugs aren't real great on snow and Ice. Maybe Parked! LOL

Cleaning for the Holidays???? I cleaned yesterday just because I had to and was so wiped out when I was done. Reminded me of the Susan Branch quote:
"HOUSE WORK DONE RIGHT CAN KILL YOU!" Well, yah! So, I can't even think of getting ready for the Holidays. I was just getting ready for yesterday! LOL

OH, glad the Tea Packets are making their way out and about. I have heard no new suggestions for Next Years
Tea Exchange. Come on Girls...is it Yaih, Neigh, or Something Differeent????

OK...bed calling me! I know it's only Noon but I've been up since 7:00 AM and that is way too early for me.
Sweet Nap Time!!

Love and Blessings,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 01 2017 12:10:46 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  1:15:04 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, thanks for the tea package and tuck. Hot tea is so nice to have on these cool nights.
Judy, nice find, love the trivet.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2017 :  3:52:15 PM  Show Profile
Peg, so sorry about all the sickness. A gal at the little Café I frequent has been out for 3 weeks with this flu-crap. Poor thing!
I didn't see where you asked us about the Tea Swap for next year. I was going to abstain this year, so.... maybe we are burnt out. We've been doing this for how long? I started it back when the Boston Tea Party delivered, didn't I?hahahaha Seems like it!
Sabrina, I got my tea package. Love the smell of that Fair Trade tea! I could smell it soon as I snipped the corner of the envelope.mmmmmmmm.... Thank you!!!
We had rain all day. I went to the store and to the Café and got a bowl of tomato soup and grilled cheese. Hit the spot.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  09:49:56 AM  Show Profile
Well we had our first snow that stuck yesterday although it's melted this morning. I'm actually looking forward to the snow, which I know PeggyAnn will think I'm crazy for lol, but I get to learn to ride a snowmobile once there's enough snow. I've never ridden on one before so I'm excited and hoping I enjoy it as Benny asked me to go on a week long snowmobiling trip to Idaho with him and some others in January.

I missed the question about the tea exchange. I'm like Judy and was thinking about sitting next year out - I'm looking at moving in the next 6 months.

Like PeggyAnn I've been sick most the week with a bad head cold. Woke up Tuesday morning about 4 am with a sore throat which then developed into a headache, chills and congestion. I'd hoped to be over it by tomorrow but it doesn't look like that will happen. This morning I was coughing so I'm hoping this isn't moving into my chest.

I'm heading up to the farm tomorrow. He asked if I could get off early so I could head up earlier and get there well before dark. Another storm is supposed to hit late tomorrow afternoon and he doesn't want me driving on bad roads so I will be leaving at noon tomorrow. I might get my first snowmobile ride this weekend if we get enough snow lol

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  12:22:24 PM  Show Profile
OK MY Porchies...

TEA SWAPPERS...I'm with Judy and Prairie Tammy...let's take next year off with NO SWAP. I do believe Judy started this when she got upset at all
The Tea Being Dumped into Boston Harbor. She couldn't stand to see a waste of Good Tea. LOL We will take a year off and then I bet we will miss it
and want to do it again. BUT I think a year off will do us all good.

Judy...your HOT soup sounds good!! That is what I fixed for Dinner last night. Nobody felt good...so I just ran to the store and bought 4 cans of
Veg. Beef Soup. I usually make my own but didn't have the energy to bother. When did soup get to be $3.00 (almost) a can?? And that isn't even a
Family size can!!! Good Grief Girls!! The last time I bought it I think it was $1.25 for the same small can. Geesh, can't even afford to eat these
days. LOL It is almost cheaper to eat out. And I don't mean fast foods either.

Sabrina...got your TEA PKG and I'm with Judy...smells good! Adorable Tuck and one I needed...so THANK YOU!!!

Prairie Tammy...just ordered a pair of snow boots for $18.99 on Zoo Lily. Probably the last pair I will ever have to buy. The ones I have now are really
short and last year I got snow down in the boot. Not Good! I would love snow if I hadn't spent half my life with Snow on the Ground for sometimes
5 months at a time. And I am not a Winter Sports Person at all. Snow Angels and Sledding were as Dangerous as I got. LOL Now, Snowmobiling...that sounds
like a Blast. I would like that. I like Jet-Skies, and Dirt Bikes (or I did when I was younger) and so I think I would like Snowmobiling too. But maybe
without the snow. ROFLOL Just joking but that really does sound like fun. ~ Get well Tammy and snuggle up with Benny and a HOT cuppa Chocolate and you will
be fine.

OK Girlies...More Later!!

Love Ya'll Bunches,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2017 12:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2017 :  7:00:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I am ok with taking a year off from tea swap. I will miss the monthly mail though.
We had a dusting of snow this week on Halloween. I am not ready for snow. Spent this week catching up from being gone last week. My sons got their last FFA award. I am a proud mama but it is bittersweet as they are officially done with FFA. I did enjoy time with hubby as well. He will be starting the wrestling season soon and that will keep him busy. I am glad I missed school for it. I am learning in my older age to cultivate what is important in my life. While I love my job, I love my family more.

well just popping in to say hello. Glad tomorrow is Friday. It is time to have my reading of Pride and Prejudice and a pot of tea. Guess yall know what I will be doing when I close out my week.

Judy love the teapot.
ok I m really flying out now.
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2017 :  11:20:31 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, you wouldn't believe how heavy that little teapot is. There's no fragrance, but it is colorful, isn't it?/!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2017 :  12:45:44 PM  Show Profile
Ladies, I just need to share with people I feel close to. I've lost 46 pounds as of this morning. Still have about that much to go. But I'm excited about it.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2017 :  12:58:58 PM  Show Profile
Glad y'all are getting your tea packages! The tuck is something I love and use myself so thought you all would like it too!

Nora-that is wonderful congratulations!!

A bit busy around here. Hubby has to work for two weeks before he gets leave and I'm trying to get ahead on a few things before collection week for OCC. I did get to go to mom's night out last night without the baby and that was wonderful!! I love my kids but I'm plum wore out!

Hope you all have a good weekend!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2017 :  5:14:15 PM  Show Profile
Nora, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! That IS a BIG deal! So glad you shared it with your Porchie-Buds!!!
Go Nora, Go Nora, Go, Go, Go!!!!!! *giggle*
Sabrina, I'm happy to hear that you had some (me) time! Yaaaaa!
I love all the "little" things we Gals get to share with each other! Keeps us connected at the heart!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2017 :  12:37:10 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon My Porchies....

I have had a busy Birthday Weeknd...My second one!!! My two weeks of celebration!! My friend Patti bought me a Purple Christmas Tree!!
Oh, my goodness I can't wait to open the box and check it out. Should be FUN! My husband is frowning about it and it is still in the BOX.

He hasn't been doing good this past week at all. Please keep him in your prayers.

CONGRATULATIONS NORA!!! THAT IS AWESOME!!! So Happy for you!!! I need to quit stress eating and focus on not stuffing my face with goodies.

Judy...it is FUN to share with our Porch Buds. Makes me so Happy to rejoice with everyone's Blessings.

Sabrina...Wow, it seems like hubby should have some time off right away. That is not right. But I bet everyone is thrilled to have him home.
Especially you...since you have had it all on your shoulders for too long. You need a lot of Mama Breaks to Rejuvenate!!

Teacher Tammy...so Happy that you too have had some Blessings in your life and that we have been able to Rejoice with you too. So thrilled
for you Girl!!

Off to go hang up my Laundry.

More Later Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7506 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7506 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2017 :  2:09:57 PM  Show Profile
Your purple Christmas tree sounds interesting Peggy!
I will put your husband in my prayers too.

hugs

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  4:12:17 PM  Show Profile
I was asleep last night and something bit me on my bottom. It woke me up and then it bit again. I reached back and it was one of those little October beetles. It must have been on my night gown and made it's way to my skin there. I killed the little sucker. I think they smell worse than stink bugs. My bottom is still sore where it bit me.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  4:42:01 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Sabrina: Thanks for the tea and tuck. Love it all.. It sure is tea and soup weather.

We've had 30 degree weather, then back up to almost 80 in a short time. Squaw winter and Indian Summer. Always get a cold spell and a hot spell, then Winter gets down to business.

Thinking I hung up my laundry for the last time outside on the lines last week..sure do miss that smell in the winter. On a brighter note, I'm expecting a new dryer from Lowe's this week.

As of last night, the wind an rain has knocked ALL leaves down. Ok, wind, blow them away so I don't have to rake them. lol

Judy: Such cute finds! I love them all. Glad I got to see pics of your finds.

Thanksgiving will be celebrated on Saturday here with my son's family from here and Jim's sister and brother coming down from Ohio.
Can hardly wait for the turkey and all the trimmings.

Furnace just kicked on for the first time since our hot spell a few days ago. sigh...

GO NORA! That IS a big deal. Why is it easier to put it on than take it off? Praying for you to stick to it! I know how hard it is..

Peggy: Remembering your hubby in my prayers. hugs

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2017 :  4:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,

Sabrina got your tea package. Thank you so much.

Nora that is awesome keep up the good work. That is a big accomplishment.
Today I could have traded all 20 butterflies they were crazy little ones and I am pretty sure I clipped some wings down to the no fly zone...lol we had a weather change here and they were all over the place. Sheesh

Felt like early winter here today. Wore my winter coat today for first time.
Just wanted to pop in and say hello.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2017 :  10:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning my Porchies...

Darlene...so happy to have you pop in for a chat. Thanks for those cute cards and encouragements I have been getting.
You and Judy always put smiles on my face with your adorable E-Cards!! Hubby is doing really badly. I covet those prayers.

Patsy...Oh, so delightful to hear from YOU!! Your Sissy tries to keep us posted on you but it's always best from the horses
mouth. I can hardly even think about Thanksgiving...as my heart is sad over my hubby. I doubt he will go to Dinner with us.
I just don't know yet.

Teacher Tammy...Sorry to hear that you had to clip Butterfly Wings already. And it isn't even close to Christmas yet. LOL
I love your "No Fly Zone" Comment...made me laugh out loud. And right now laughing is good!!

Nora...Ouch!! those feisty little bug-gers...right on the back side huh? Did you tell it you aren't sharing your bed with them??
I got two spider bites in one night during the summer and It took those two bites a long time to heal up and go away. It sounds
like I should be happy they were on my lower leg and not up higher. LOL How did you lose your weight?? Just watching what you ate?

Gotta Go Girls...I'm running late this morning with my Papa Time.

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2017 :  12:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy-I should have been more clear. He had 4 days off when he first got home, and weekends of course. He has just worked last Mon-Fri and This Mon-Today and even with that he has been getting off early. So it really isn't that bad.

Nora-I had no idea beetles like that bit! Ouch!

I'm still working on getting things done around here so I don't have to worry about them next week. This weekend is going to be a lot of writing and a lot of cleaning!! Anyone else pack shoeboxes for OCC? WE love it (obviously!). I'm looking forward to finally meeting all of my volunteers face-to-face and hopefully finding some new year-round-volunteer prospects!

Once I get through collection week I'm focusing on getting my house organized and planning my goals for next year. I have started thinking about them some and I keep cutting things off the list (Peggy you would be proud!). Trying to keep my focus where it needs to be....

Oh I'm brainstorming names for my little farm. I am eventually planning to have a few things at the farmer's market and maybe on etsy, eggs (if/when we have extra), extracts, jams, produce, angora fiber, a few crafts, whatever else we come up with. So I want a farm name. I'm thinking a play on my blog name "Kids, Critters, and Christ Farm: Heritage Animals, Gourmet Foods, and Down-Home Crafts." What do y'all think? Should it be Heritage Animals or Heritage Animal Products?

Last weekend we discovered all my bees had died :(. I'm crushed. Epic failure. My neighbor came over and went through the hive with me. It was just full of dead bees. Well we think the queen abandoned the hive. He told me do NOT buy more bees, he said he will give me bees when he splits his hives in the spring. I love our neighbors they are the nicest people. He also brought us a jar of honey since we won't have any for a while longer. I need to go out there and finish cleaning up the mess though. The good news is our five little chicks are doing well! We still need to butcher some roosters, they are starting to get pretty ornery. I'm still waiting for my bunnies to be born, should be any time now. After rabbits, I'm not planning to add any new types of animals next year (well I might get some quail but those fall under poultry). I'm going to focus on gardening. Definitely not my strong area!

I'm also hoping to get back to working on MJF badges a bit and maybe hop on a swap or two next year. We will see!

Better get back to being productive. I get to go to another mom's night out tonight. I feel a little bad going out two weeks in a row but I'm making up for lost time!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2017 :  11:33:48 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...glad to hear that you are getting a lot of "ME" Time. I did miss-understand and thought hubby had come home with no time off and had to go right
to work for two weeks straight and that just did not seem fair at all. Glad I was wrong! LOL And I am PROUD of you for checking things off your "Must Do" List. LOL
I know how us Type A Personalities are. Everything sounds like so much fun...but turns out to be so much more work than we thought we were taking on.

Have a Great Weekend Girls! I think there is someone else on The Porch besides just Sabrina and Me. Hard to tell some days though!!!

Don't Make Me Round Up The Posse girls!! LOL

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page