Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  5:48:30 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
You know sis, I'm picturing the witch in the Wizard of Oz with that last sentence.

What a day I've had too. The realtor calls and asks me if it's ok to show the 2nd buyers the house. Sure! They drove all the way up from Florida last night, so why not? (sigh) Why didn't I just sell this house myself and avoid all these head aches! Sold my last house..

Phone calls from the lawyer that both me and buyer are using. That lady needed a chill pill for sure. Our closing is on the 14th and she said I had to give the buyer the key right then! Told her I wasn't leaving till the 30th and she ranted on about if it's not in the contract, I can't do that..hahahahaha...my realtor took care of her...told me all is well..I sure didn't need all that! The lady calls me back and says it's ok, I can stay til the 30th. Then she said " I was ready to have an anxiety attack!" ya lady, me too...

Then a man drives in, gets out with a camera, hands me his card from insurance place. He needs to take pics of the house...I said "No problem, go ahead."

Numerous drive bys and gawkers, including a gorgeous candy apple red Corvette..

..and a neighbor I never met stops in to offer her services to help me pack up..(what in the world??)

can't wait for that realtor sign to come down on Tuesday...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  6:05:43 PM  Show Profile
hello ladies,
I just wanted to pop in for a few minutes.

Nora received your tea package so lovely can't wait to try the teas

Peggy so glad hubby is doing well. will continue to pray
Patsy so happy about your house

I am just flat worn out. We have so much going on at school. Next week is National Lutheran Schools week and we celebrate all week. Can I just hate that? It takes me out of routine and my wings begin to bristle. Lord have mercy. WE are also getting ready for our accreditation team to visit and that is just plain stressful.. Be glad when that is over. and our musical practice is beginning and that means I have to figure out how to direct the music portion and let me tell you that is not my cup of tea. But this too shall pass. Shortly after school is out for the year I am heading to TExas for vacation. Marked on my calendar and I am sure by then I will need it lol

I left yall some brownies and strawberry tea. Enjoy no calories at all.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  7:10:15 PM  Show Profile
Patsy, you had quite a day. I bet someone would like to help you pack. You'd probably never see a lot if little stuff.
Tammy, Sounds like you have a lot going on, but you will pull it off with bells on. Thanks for the goodies. Chocolate is always welcome.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  8:28:00 PM  Show Profile
It's 11:30 and it's STILL gusting out there! Horrible! Heather, are you getting these winds too?
Hey Nora, I really liked that (h) tea too! Yum! Gonna look for some of THAT at the store!!
Thanks Tammy for the decadent goodies! Hang in there girl, summers coming!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2017 :  8:43:59 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...Oh my goodness! That much activity after the house sold???????? Aren't you glad that it is a done deal? Well, it is NEVER a done deal until
closing but you know what I mean. My youngest is a Realtor and Property Manager and he taught me anyone can back out...so don't count your chickens until Money and Keys are exchanged! Wise to remember! That is really kind of creepy that a Neighbor you don't know offered to help you move. I would be highly suspicious of that person! They must be crazy to have even stopped and suggested that. Takes all kinds to make the World go round! ~ Oh, and I do think Judy was talking about the Wizard of Oz. She was just hoping the house didn't go flying up in the air and land in Kansas somewhere while Dave was at work! LOL

Judy...I don't mind wind...we get a lot of it here. But since we are overly saturated with Water I do worry about the large pine trees on the Property
uprooting and landing on the Apartments. A couple already have this year but they fell into the streets praise God! And one damaged a car. I can see you curled up with the cat, under a quilt, praying for some "Peace, Be Still" from Jesus! Are you afraid of thunder and lightening? I love all those forces of Nature as long as they aren't real destructive. Tornadoes are scary I think.

Teacher Tammy...sounds like you have had a stressful week too dear one. Praying for you!!! Did I put 2+2 TOGETHER and figure out that you will be headed for the Coast of Texas as soon as school is out? That will be a great Vacation if so! Sounds like your butterfly wings will need a good airing out by then. Coastal Breezes will do that for you.

Nora...you have Chocolate??? Or were you talking about the Brownies/Strawberry Tea from Tammy? I just had a small chocolate pudding pie that was
yummy. One of those one serving size pies.

OK...Ladies I can't remember if I told you or not (fibro fog brain) but hubby and I went yesterday to see The Shack and it was FABULOUS!
Stuck right to the book which I loved. I enjoyed the Movie as much if not more than the Book and I can't say that often! I encourage you all
to go see it! The Cast was Perfect! They selected all the right people.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  08:44:14 AM  Show Profile
Peg, did you see on the news, all that Midwest wind damage? How awful!! So THAT's where our winds came from!!
Today is sunny and calm. Amazing after all that. I'm not fond of thunder'n lightening either. Mama said even when I was a baby I was noise sensitive. She tried her best to help me, carrying me out on the porch and saying how pretty the lightening was and showing me that thunder was harmless.... but I was having NONE of it, she said! I'm still very noise sensitive, even though I'm the first to admit that my hearing isn't as sharp as it use to be. Maybe that's why I was always such a loner. It was quieter there! *giggle*
Ya, I told patsy the same thing about that strange woman wanting to help her pack... she may have 'sticky fingers!'(not that she was considering her help) People are weird!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  12:53:00 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I did see all that wind damage and the Big Wheelers getting blown over right on the Freeways. That was some nasty wind girlfriend, I agree.
My youngest son and grandson have very sensitive hearing too. Last week when Elijah got his haircut they bussed the sides and back with clippers and as soon as she turned them on...he slapped his hands over
his ears. And yet, Elijah talks in a very loud voice like all the rest of the World is deaf. LOL It is
strange! Maybe he is just use to being around us hard of hearing old people so he shouts for our benefit. LOL ~ I would love some of your Sunny and Calm weather...we have the 3,000th day of rain again today. I'm so sick of it. I'm sure we are all growing webbed toes around WA & OR. LOL ~ I do believe that Lady wanted to be around Patsy for the free-stuff (If she had any) or the 5-Finger Discount...whichever! Maybe some of both. Goodness know with people these days.

Well, I'm off to finish up with my computer stuff and then to take a nap before Bible Study this evening. Have a Great Day You All!!!

Hugs, Prayers and Smiley Faces,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 09 2017 12:54:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  6:53:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Checking in on you lovelies.

It's been very windy here and we expect snow tonite. The wind has been horrible. I never remember it being this bad. On that note, we had tornadoes running sporadically throughout our area. It grazed my sisters house and tore a Hugh tree right out of the ground between her house and her daughters house. My niece was outside when it blew through and ran for her life. The tree missed her by 6". It went through her roof and separated the new part from the old farmhouse. Her 10 yo son was inside and very scared. Both are lucky it could have been so much worse. It came out of nowhere. Thank God for their safety! Now all this wind we have been having has us on alert!

Nora, received your tea package. Love it. Thank you.

Judy, Patsy and Kim, my deepest condolences for your loss. You have all been through it these last couple of years. Prayers for your comfort and peace.

Peggy, so glad Larry's procedure went well. Sorry you are going through all the issues with him. I know the deal and its not easy. Praying for you!

TLT, hang in there. More power to you even teaching the butterflies! I know I wouldn't be able to do it. I think the parents would be the pits! Not my kid ordeal! Get an old teddy bear and wring its neck when you get home and then drink some wine, I mean tea! LOL! More power to you sister!

PGTammy, hope Jasper is better now and you are well rested. How are you doing in your new house?

Becky, hope your doing well with your natural approach! When I got off the phone with you , I put my glasses on and pulled them right off. Plastic!!! Since then I'm plastic crazy. LOL! Years ago I did the whole kitchen make over. But everywhere you look there's plastic! I want your approach to work. Prayers continue.

Don't mean to slight anyone by not posting to all of you. Prayers always for everyone of you. Never can get enough of those!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  8:51:02 PM  Show Profile
OMGOSH...when is it going to stop? We were having lunch at our favorite Amish restaurant after a day at the Amish Thrift Shop and Lehman's Old Time Hardware when we get a call from Dave's sister saying his mom fell and busted her head open in the back and was taken to the hospital. So we went there around 6 PM and just got home around 10:30. Her sugar was 800 when she got there and by the time we left it was down to 495. So they admitted her to observe her. Dave's wore out. Poor guy. And to make things colorful, after a 54 degree day, it was snowing to beat the band and still is. Maybe 3 inches so far.
Yes Peg, I saw those big rigs blow over. THAT was awful!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  10:52:43 PM  Show Profile
Judy...Oh, My Good Grief Girl! How is your MIL doing? That is what my Mother did a few years back.
Ended up with a Split Scull and a serious concussion. She even lost some of her memory. Dave's Moms
blood sugar was way over the top. Even getting it down to 495 is way over the top. Does she usually
have those kind of high numbers? Is that what caused her fall? Wow...I hope she will be fine.
You think maybe you guys could lay off the drama for awhile??? I think you all need some "Calm" and just chill for awhile. I am praying that God gives you a nice quiet weekend with no drama. Or else Let Jesus answer the door or phone for you!

Darlene...glad to have you checking in girlfriend. Sorry to hear you have had the Strong Wind too. Sounds like some close calls...With the tree so close to your niece and her son. Was there much damage
to her house? ~ Yes, Larry is doing better after the Defibrillator was put in. He goes in tomorrow for his first check-up on the wound. And to get the first weeks reading on it. I hope it gives him a year or two more life...but that is God's call not mine. Mine is just to love him and take care of him. But I
will agree it is very challenging some days.

Well, Bible Study was very good tonight. About half my gals were there...the schools always have
their parent meetings on Thursday Evenings when they have them...so that is where some of them were
tonight. But it was all good. I just feel badly when they miss out on a good study time.

Off to bed and a good book.

Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2017 :  11:22:51 PM  Show Profile
Peg, Dave's mom hasn't had any diabetic problems in years. She had diabetes way back when but got it under control with diet changes and was taken off the pills. But since she was diagnosed with myasthenia gravis(sp?) about 10 years ago her body has been fighting her. She fell in the barn about 2 weeks ago(dog tripped her) and broke 3 ribs but they don't do anything about ribs anymore. But it seems like her body is acting up all the time now. They put 2 staples in her head and was going to work on getting her sugar levels down thru-out the night.
Darlene, it's soooo good to see you on here gal! I've been wondering about you.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  03:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy I think you sent the winds up my way. Yesterday the wind was pretty strong. Not quite as strong as yours. It was only about 35-40mph winds. Being on top of the hill we feel it stronger. Glad you are having calmer days. I know what it is like to endure strong winds. Back in 1978 we had a tornado come down our street. I could look out my kitchen window and see the funnel. It was extremely scary. There was no time to prepare as it came at 2am and woke us up. We were lucky that it did not touch our house. God was sure looking out for us that morning.

PeggyAnn we didn't make it into town on Wednesday to see the movie. Maybe this weekend, depending on today's doctor's visit. I am glad to hear that they kept it with the book. I hate when they don't. Can't wait to see it now. We only have one theatre in town and they only have two screens. I am not sure what it looks like on the inside as this will be our first visit to it since we moved here.

Darlene, you have no idea what has been going on around this house. My husband is plastic crazy. We replaced everything in the kitchen, even the things that had plastic handles. He started to go throughout the house and since I heard about the dangers of plastic, he has looked at everything. Did you check out your toilet seats. We have wooden ones, but I would have made a cover if not. I finally had to tell him that we can't replace everything, as we don't have the funds. He has mellowed out these last few days, but at least once in about 4 days he is back at it again. He is on my case if I am not wearing my gloves when I am touching anything plastic. It is mind blowing when you start looking around your house and noticed just how much plastic you have in the house. Like you my glasses are plastic and I shall get wire rims to replace them. I keep wondering what will be next. I even hate to ask that question. LOL

Today I go to see my surgeon. This last couple of weeks have been busy for me. Mainly trying to keep busy so not to think about things too much. Paul is finishing up painting our dining room, so we should have that room done before I go into the hospital. He is also hoping to have the hallway done, but at least it will get painted by the time I return home. I have not done any baking since January so I have no goodies. I can't even eat any and with all the goodies you girls have been leaving, has my mouth water. Maybe soon, when I am cancer free.
Have a great day and be safe.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016

Edited by - Ladybek9756 on Mar 10 2017 03:35:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  10:07:04 AM  Show Profile
Becky, I mailed that book out yesterday and it should get to you by Tuesday.
It's funny how so many of us have been looking at how many plastic things we have in our homes and throwing out what we know we can really live without. At first it was, "get rid of paper products, it's not good for the landfills." Now it's plastics! *sigh*
Dave went to the hospital to see his mom. I'll have more news later after he gets home.
We got up to a beautiful winter wonderland with 4 or 5 inches of snow, 35. Now it's getting windy and blowing it off of everything.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile
Hello dear friends! Life is going well here in the west!!! The military/government is catching up on what they owe us, so we can start paying back what we owe, I'm feeling much better, though Emi is running a fever today :(, hubby possibly has a job for after his internship ends, and school is moving right along for the other children. Our weather has been nuts!!! Tuesday we had wind... blew off part of the shingles as well as a portion of the chimney, and blew over the play set!!! They were saying we hit 60 mph gusts!!! Then yesterday we got snow... that they were not calling for. Today is rain/ice. I must admit, I could do without the ice! I spent the last couple weeks canning - ham, beef, chicken, and venison stocks, as well as kidney beans. Today I'm trying to get some sewing done... With Emi not feeling well, though, I'm not accomplishing much!!!

TLTammy - I am so sorry you are so worn out!!! Usually by this point of the year, I am ready for a break from teaching my kiddos, but oddly enough, it is going really well! But I only have to deal with the children... not other teachers, administration, or parents!!! And if my kids get "out of line" I can easily get them back where they need to be.... well not necessarily easily... but I can easily enough work on it ;)

Patsy - WHAT IN THE WORLD!?!?!? How in the world does a perfect stranger walk up to someone and make an offer like that!?!?!? Granted... her intentions could have been all good... but that is just odd!!!

Peggy - I have heard such mixed reviews on The Shack... I've heard it is not Biblically sound at all yet presents itself as if it is??? Would love your input from that standpoint... is it Biblically sound? Or is it (another) misrepresentation?

Judy - Hmm maybe it was our wind that hit you? Sorry about that... but we surely didn't want to keep it around here ;) I still have to figure out how we are going to pay someone to fix our roof! I'm so sorry to hear about your MIL!!! That is just horrible!!! I understand things going out of whack one after another! After I had my adrenal gland removed (due to a mass), we found out the other wasn't working right. Your adrenal gland is like your headquarters of your gland and hormones, so ever since I have been fighting one thing after another! I'm sort of a Type I diabetic in that I do not create enough insulin, but it is not because of my pancreas, but rather I don't produce enough of the hormone to tell my pancreas to produce insulin. It is the same idea with my thyroid, kidney function, liver function, and so many others!!! I tell my hubby I am falling apart! Anyways, I sure do hope things get better for you guys!!! <3

Nora - I received my tea packet last night. Thank you so much!!!!!

Darlene - goodness you guys are getting the winds in PA too! Wowsers! So glad your family was unharmed from the tornado <3

Becky - been praying for you all day long!!!

Heather - Where are you???? How are things going with finding a new farm? You should move to Wyoming ;) Lots of properties! When does calving start?

Well Emi is finally asleep, so I'm going to go lay her down and try to get some sewing done. I brought blueberry pies to share with all :) The blueberries should be full of antioxidants and it is only sweetened with raw local honey <3 There is also some green tea. No plastic. No aluminum.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  12:19:13 PM  Show Profile
Hahaha... boy... we are really getting into this 'plastic thang' aren't we???
Speaking of blueberries, I saw blueberry sugar wafers. The Voortman cookie company came out with them. I also saw cinnamon bun. Isn't that funny. Use to be, when I was younger I couldn't stand sugar wafers. I think all they had then was chocolate, vanilla and strawberry. I've tried a few of the flavors now and they are yummy. I like the peanut butter and the lemon best. The peanut butter is as good as the Nutter Butter brand wafer and the lemon is so tart...mmm-mmmm!! My mouth is watering... how funny.
Thanks for the pie Shannon. Soooo good!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  3:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy sorry to hear about your MIL. I'll keep you in my prayers. I will let you know when the book arrives. Thank you for lending it to me. I can't wait to read it.

Shannon am glad things are quite around your neck of the woods. It sure has been a long time in coming. I hope that Emi gets to feeling better soon. I am just learning about canning and was wondering how you can meat stock. Is there a book out there that I can follow or do you have directions that you could send me.

Nora I received my tea the other day, and really love the flavors.

Shannon mention about the aluminum and the book I read yesterday talked about metal poisoning and Paul is starting to go through the house to rid it of aluminum and other toxic metals. I should never have ask what else the other day LOL. So the new purge begins.

I saw my surgeon today and my surgery is scheduled for March 27th at noon. She said it is about 4 hours long and I should be in the hospital for about 2 days. Recovery she estimates to be about 6 weeks total. She was pretty supported of my doing the rest natural with supplements and nutrition. We will be monitoring the recovery process for about 5 months. Then see if I am cancer free or need to do something else. I have confidence that at the end of that period I will be cancer free.

Well it was a long trip to Bangor and I am pretty wiped out. Going to get ready for bed and read until bedtime. Have a wonderful night.

Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  4:04:52 PM  Show Profile
Becky...glad your appointment went well and that the surgeon is on board with the Choice you made
for your own treatment. We will be praying all day on the 27th for you and the night before too.

Judy...I didn't know they made those sugar wafers in other flavors now! I will have to look for them
next time I go to the store. I am not real big on the Vanilla, Strawberry ones but I like the Chocolate
ones. I love Nutter Butter Cookies so I would probably love the Peanut Butter in the wafers too. When my hubby went to the Dr.'s today for his Wound Check...I went to my favorite Antique Mall and had shopping and Lunch. For Lunch I had a Turkey, Cranberry Sandwich...I got a full so I could bring the other half home and then I got a piece of their Choc. Peanut Butter Cake with Maple Drizzle on it. It was good flavor but a bit on the dry side...so I brought half of that home too. I love when I get two meals
for the prize of one. LOL I found a cute Scotty Dog Purse...that I am guessing is not Antique but I had to have it. Then I
got some little things for a friend for her birthday and I got me a cute alabaster lavender egg to go in with my Easter Decor.
So, that was lots of Fun!!! I saw a woman shop-lift in there...but it was one of those things where you stand there and go...
Did I really see what I thought I saw? She quickly put something in her purse. Then later when I saw her she had her jacket draped over her purse. So, even though I was pretty sure I couldn't get a clerk's attention to tell them what I thought I saw. So, I just
left. I worked retail management so I know the laws are pretty strict here. You have to wait until the shopper leaves your Store
before you can approach them and if they refuse to show you inside their purse for example you have to detain them and call the police. So, you better be sure what you saw. And if they choose to NOT be detained they can make a run for it...before the police get there.

Shannon...I think the Story is absolutely Biblical/it was written by a Pastor in Portland Oregon who tried to bring the Gospel Message down to his children's level. My husband is an retired Pastor and he thought it was great too. What flips everyone out is
that God appears to the Main Character in The Shack as a Black Woman...and Mac says, "you look different than I ever imagined Papa" and God knowing that Mac had been physically abused by his christian dad as a child...says, "I just thought it would be easier for you to deal with me better this way. A little Mama love" And he shakes his head yes. Also the Holy Spirit is shown as a Woman and The Wind. When all read in the Context of the Story it is for the benefit of Mac. He is mad at God at the time of their
meeting. I don't want to give away the story...but I would encourage you to read it. It is done in kind of an allegory like
Pilgrims Progress only in a Modern Story Format. I am really saddened that People judged his work that harshly. It is one of the finest Christian Stories I have ever read. And my husband and I bought 20 copies of it and passed them out to people...it struck such a deep chord with us. I have met the Author and he told how
he came to write the story...this was after I read it. He spoke at our Church. And 5 years later our Church did a play based off the book. READ IT...IT IS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN!

Darlene...Thanks for your continued prayers for Larry and I. They are much appreciated. Hope you love snow since you just got a bunch. I am sooooooooooooooo ready for Spring!!!

Don't know if I missed anybody else...but you are all in my heart and prayers everyday.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 10 2017 7:25:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  5:58:45 PM  Show Profile
Becky, you are lucky to have a doctor that takes your beliefs in account. Good luck with the surgery. Will be praying for you.

Glad the tea packages are arriving and you are enjoying the flavors, I thought they were good, also.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  6:48:56 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Becky, as soon as you have your surgery you will be cancer free! All the tumors will be gone. Prayers continued. I got rid of all my aluminum years ago , no nonstick anything either. Whatever we all can do to protect ourselves is good. It's good if we keep each other informed!

Judy, YIKES! That says it all! Prayers for all of you! We had a snow storm today and they expect a nor'easter on Tuesday.What about you?

Peggy, glad your hubby is doing well. Lucky you to shop and eat at your favorite place. Yummy! I'm glad you and Pat are doing so well. Answered prayers.

Shannon, hope Emi is better. Hope no one else gets sick. My daughter has 5 kiddos and when one gets it, the rest usually get it too! That's how the house stays sick for weeks, right? Now your roof and chimney too! I also heard The Shack was not biblically correct. TBN or CBN had an article about it. I didn't read the book or see the movie so I can't really comment. A friend of mine went to see it with others and the revue was split.

Going to a chocolate event at a local church tomorrow. There's a Christian speaker, Jessie Seneca, that I'm anxious to hear. She had stage 4 breast cancer. 150+
Women will be there. Will be starting a Bible study on The War Room. Saw the movie last year and it was good. Ready to get my praise on!

I'm praying a hedge of protection around everyone on this porch. May God protect, heal and comfort all of us. As He directs our paths may our light shine so we direct others to Him. In Jesus name, Amen.

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2017 :  7:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Hey everyone...I just edited my above post and added more to it. So Shannon and Darlene...please read it.

Love ya all,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  3:10:16 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, you made me go look at the weather on here. I see we are in for 1-3 inches on Monday and a repeat on Tuesday, then an inch on Wednesday. Wow! I just love March! Every day is a surprise!!! Hahaha
Becky, You are welcome. I hope you find something new in this book that you hraven't already read a half dozen times in your other books... but not something that will throw your hubby into another whirl-wind house cleaning mode! *giggle*
Dave's mom came home yesterday. They got her sugar down to 150, where it belongs. She might have to use insulin to keep it there. Dave thinks that's what made her fall in the first place. I told him that(we) thought so too. They didn't even look into why she can't eat since she got her teeth pulled and got false teeth. She has a lot of pain in her jaw and hot foods really set it off too. Well(butter my butt and call me a biscuit), but isn't eating important, ESPECIALLY if your sugar is going to be all over the place? What's wrong with doctors? They don't deal with (the logical) at all any more. 1st rule of life: A person has to eat to live! Period! Someone told her it was caused by nerve damage done when that did her teeth. Then why did it take so long to start acting up. It's been a couple of months. Anyhow, her sister stays with her while her daughter works. The daughter lives with her so she's never alone.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2017 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, this morning someone told me the new forecast is for 16" Monday into Tuesday. Yikes, Yikes! That info required a double! Medicine has taken a turn and not for the better. When you are old all bets are off. You better have someone that can advocate for you. Your poor MIL. 150 is still high. Did they determine why it was so high? If she's not eating that doesn't make sense. Then she must have an infection somewhere. Pain in her mouth could indicate an underlying infection and it should be evaluated especially if her surgers don't get stabilized. If you feel like running away come here!

The Chocolate event was fabulous. There were so many different chocolate goodies I thought everyone would be in a coma! LOL! A blessed day for sure.

Don't forget to turn your clocks ahead an hour tonight. We'll all need a nap tomorrow!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  12:02:35 AM  Show Profile
Judy...how many teeth did your MIL have pulled to get her dentures...do you know? I agree with Darlene it sounds like she
might have an infection in her jaw. When I had my lower teeth pulled I only had 8 left on the bottom...but I waited 8 weeks
to let the gums heal first (remember) and I felt that was so much better than having them put the denture in over bloody gums.
Also, and I realize there is a little difference between animals and people but my friend was told by her vet that her almost 8 year old dog had to have 29 teeth pulled because they were so bad. She freaked out that that many teeth could be bad...she knew
a few were but she trusted her vet...so she had it done. They kept the dog overnight and then late the next day she picked
him up and the day after that her dog was dead. The Vet had given the dog a strong antibiotic the second day and he kept throwing
it up. My friend doesn't know if it was from the dogs teeth or if they broke the Trachea. Which is easy to do with small dogs when they have teeth extracted. But one day her dog is healthy and fine and 3 days later he is dead. So, that story which just happened a week ago...told just to let you know that strange things can happen from having teeth removed. My Mother In Law when she had her teeth pulled (and she had all of them done at once) for dentures. She couldn't eat hardly anything for months and food didn't taste good to her so she lost her appetite. She lost 26 lbs in just a matter of a couple of months and then her health just went down hill from there. In 6 months she was in a nursing home...and started having heart issues and strokes.
Did they check your MIL for Heart Issues with a hurting jaw???? I'm not trying to freak you out but somebody needs to advocate for her. Oh, and Judy her Diabetic numbers are still way too high at 150. The should not be over 100. Have them keep checking that. Does she have a home diabetic test kit? So she can check her numbers 3 times a day? Keeping her in my prayers!!!

Darlene...you and Judy can have the snow. I think if I remember right you were both missing it for awhile. I think your wishes
came true!!! LOL But who wants that much snow in March?? We got big snowflakes last week for a couple hours and then they
melted right away. It is strange for us to get any snow past February. ~ The Chocolate Event sounds FABULOUS! I try not to go
to the ones here. I Love Chocolate so much I would have a Diabetic Melt Down I'm sure.

OK...I had a quiet and relaxing day. Just hung around home for most of the day but ran a few errands later in the day.
Watched some Pack 10 Basketball tonight. Wanted to see how the Oregon Ducks did. They lost but it was a pretty good game
for College.

Off to go read a little more...

Sweetest Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Peg, I don't remember how many teeth she had left but she still had quite a few and they were rotten. (ewwww)
They waited about 3 weeks for them to heal before they made forms for her dentures.
Yes they checked her heart because of the jaw pain. Yes she has a diabetic machine to check her sugar levels at home.
Thanks for all the Prayers... it's appreciated!
Pasty said she was getting BIG, fluffy snowflakes last night. Don't know how much they got. Will call her later.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  4:07:42 PM  Show Profile
We are snowing here again... wasn't in he forecast, and doesn't seem to be really accumulating, but makes a lovely evening to curl under a blanket and read to the children, in the warmth of the woodstove. I absolutely love my life sometimes. No - I always do... sometimes I just forget!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page