Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  6:31:27 PM  Show Profile
Nice quiet week-end here in the gap. Colder but not bad. We have a winter storm warning for Monday afternoon until Tuesday afternoon, we'll see if we get winter now that March is almost half over.

The older truckers in the area started a breakfast group. They go to Wood Grill on the second Saturday each month. We went this Saturday, as Jay was home, and there was about 80 people there. The oldest trucker there was 85. Some of the old timers can tell the best stories. It's always fun to go.

Our high school girl's basketball team won their division state title Friday night. Everything was decked out in green and white all week-end.

Keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Farmgirl of the Month, January 2017
http://firecatinc.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Liscuva
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Lisa
West Seneca NY
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  6:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Cold weekend here too, also looking at storm warning Wednesday into Thursday...what Spring...lol. Good thing I have my sewing and reading to keep me busy in here! Although I keep dreaming abt my garden...
Work tomorrow and taking care of house/cat and lady I was cleaning for until she was sent to nursing facility. She has no family and I feel bad, the friend who is supposed to be her healthcare proxy and financial helper only shows up every couple days...
Anyways hoping for a good week ahead for of you ladies:)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2017 :  10:49:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey MY PORCHIES...

Going to make this to everyone together tonight.
My son woke me up bright and early this morning at 11:15! Oh, my goodness I was so tired I probably would have still
been sleeping if I hadn't heard the phone. Church starts at 10:00 so that was a wash. Anyway, my little family wanted
me to go hang with them for awhile...so I hurried and through on clothes and did my hair and makeup. And took my dog
out all in 15 minutes. We went out to Breakfast first and I usually order a standard 2 eggs over easy, hash browns,
toast and coffee. Sometimes some bacon or sausage too. But they had Marionberry Cinnamon French Toast today that I couldn't
pass up. With 2 eggs and bacon. Wow it was sooooooooooo gooooooooooooood! Really enjoyed it. Then we went over to Portland
to my Antique Mall/where Sadie and I found several cute things each. Then we left there and went to Whole Foods in Vancouver
and Then to Costco. I didn't need anything so I stayed in the car and played with the kiddo's. Then they brought me home
about 7:00. ~ Then I took a walk pushing my dog in his stroller and that felt very good. It was 61 today and Sunny.
Came home and hubby and I watched a Documentary On Whistle Blowers...which just made me furious at our Government. The Secret
stuff they do against their own citizens makes me crazy sometimes. Then Larry and I did our own Church Service which was
nice. That is the benefits of being married to a Minister...and him to a Bible Study Teacher...we always have a great time
sharing in the Word together. And tonight was really good. Made me appreciate even more that God is in Control and not mankind (though he thinks he is).
That fact always allows me to Let Go of My Anger and Frustrations over Politics. Now, after my little chat with you guys, I'm
going to go read. I had a really rough night last night due to my Fibro Pain...So, I lay in bed and did some simple Yoga
to gently stretch and move my muscles for about 20 minutes and was then able to sleep from 5:20 to 11:15 when my son called.

Off to bed and my book,
Sweet Dreams My Lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Love The People God gave you...
Because He will need them back one day!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 12 2017 10:53:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2017 :  8:45:54 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies! I feel like it's been ages since I've been on (sigh). Today the temp reached almost 40' and it rained this afternoon. The week started with temps in the single digits so the warmer temps are greatly desired. They're predicting temps into the 50's this weekend!

Judy - Wow, your mom is having a horrible time health wise. I'll keep her in prayer.

Darlene - Yes, Jasper is doing much better thankfully.

Peggy - I can't even imagine sleeping in that late. I'm so conditioned to waking between 6:30 and 7 that I do it even on the weekends. You must have needed the sleep. Glad you had fun antiquing. I plan to do some thrift store shopping this weekend. I need some curtains for the house. I found a bunch of lace sheers for $2/panel that I grabbed a couple weeks ago, still need a few more panels though.

Sunday Matt and I sealed up all my windows and put plastic on them. We were having winds consistently in the 40-50 mph range early last week for several days and I realized how poorly this place is insulated. I could feel gusts coming in around the window AC unit. We had some snow Sunday, just a dusting. I opened the door to go down into the basement and found snow on the stairs from the outside door so this weekend we're going to try and get that secured better. We stuffed a large towel under the door to keep any more snow from blowing in.

I've gotten more things put up and all my boxes unpacked (I think lol). I still have the craft room to work on but I've made a huge dent in getting the house together. I plan on working on the craft/office room this weekend.

My new stove still hasn't come in. It's been on order about 3 weeks now. I'm getting tired of eating microwave meals. I did make a batch of chili. I tried a new recipe on FB that's supposed to be a knockoff of Wendy's chili made in the pressure cooker. I haven't had Wendy's chili in ages but I suspect this is much spicier. I put it in the pressure cooker when I left to work at Walmart. I have a digital pressure cooker so it switched to warm after it was done and when I got home Jasper and I had some Italian bread dipped in chili for a snack (yum). I've been fixing a snack for both of us after we get home, before I put him to bed, per Peggy's suggestion. He's only waking up once during the night now.

Jordon turned 25 today! I'm taking him out to our favorite pizza place (his choice) tomorrow night. He found a used sofa and love seat on a FB sale page today so it felt like a birthday present to himself and it was free! He's been wanting to get rid of the set his ex picked out as they're just not comfortable at all.

Have a great weekend everybody! and please stay healthy and safe!

Tammy
Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2017 :  5:55:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Tammy...I guess everyone is taking a Porch Break. I know that there is a lot going on in people's lives.
So glad to hear that Jasper is sleeping better with a snack before bed. ~ It sounds like you and Matt are able
to keep a friendly demeanor between you. That is always a plus! Can you share some pictures once you get your
little Nest put together. It sounds like it is not very weatherized but good for you and Matt for doing something
about it to keep your heating costs down. Not much going on around here. RAIN!!! But I guess I am happy that it
isn't SNOW. We are beginning to have flooding problems and lots of landslides. Yesterday it was sunny all day and
I finally got in almost 14,000 Steps. That is the first for months. It was our 8th sunny day since it Oct. 1 st.
Crazy Weather! All over the Country really.

Well girls not much happening here. Still in a lot of pain and fatigue...but getting a lot of reading done! LOL
Also, tomorrow night I am going over and watching the kids with my BFF Grandma Patti. We tag team those little
rambunctious kiddos. They are both very sweet but very busy, busy, busy!!! LOL And now Savannah growls when she
can't get you to understand what she wants. I have never seen a kid do that before. But it does get our attention. LOL

Well, have a nice evening girls...keeping everyone close to my heart and in my Prayers!!

Love, Hugs, & Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 17 2017 6:00:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2017 :  2:57:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow, been a week already since I've been on here. We got a call Weds evening from Dave's sister saying that his mum had been in hospital again since Monday and didn't we know it. No... nobody called us. Dave was working the first half of the week anyhow. Her sugar went up to 700+ again. So they got it back down and put her on more meds for it. She came home Friday and so far, so good! Poor lady has been thru the mill!
We had 2 snowstorms this week with about 4 inches each time. But thankfully we had a very sunny break in between and it melted most of it. Today is 40, windy, rainy and just now spitting snow. March is definitely
The 'madness' month! *giggle*
Dave surprised me with 2 stainless steel ice cube trays with the lever on top. I was looking at them on Amazon and put them in my wish-list. They are EXPENSIVE!!!($36)I know they will last the rest of my life and probably my nieces or nephews lives... but still!!!I was going to look in Amish thrift stores and places like that to try and find some... but he surprised me today with them.
Isn't he wonderful? He's a keeper!!!!!!!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The serious go through life blowing far too few raspberries!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2017 :  6:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey sweet porch sisters,
Just thought I would stop in with some cookies and strawberry tea. I have been on spring break since Thursday afternoon and have just been relaxing and taking time with family after a very busy week at school. It felt nice to have some time to pamper myself, and just slow down.
The weather here is beginning to feel like spring and I am so glad. I am so tired of winter. We hit 60 today but we shall see they mentioned snow for next week. Winter never leaves without having a few last words lol.

One son is home for spring break from college. So nice to catch up with him. Before long both sons will be home for summer with jobs and a break. I believe they are ready.
My hubby and I went to see my niece in her musical Guys and Dolls. It was very good. I have seen before but hubby hadn't. He even said it was good. That says a lot when he doesn't usually like these kind of cultural things lol

well off I go time for tea and book.
love and blessings
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  12:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Long time since I've been on the porch. I backed up through a few pages of the posts. Can't stand stevia and won't touch fake sugar with a 10 foot pole. I think the thing that makes the stevia bitter is the maltodextrin that's added. I heard the packaged stevia isn't the same as the plant itself. I do use white sugar and flour. Sorry, traditionalist.

Glad things are going ok for you all. We've been trying to do maple syrup but the weather is so cold that the sap has been frozen in the buckets. We've had a couple doozies for snowstorms and have had atrocious winds. This weekend has been fairly quiet though.

I hit a poor deer about a month ago. The car ended up being totaled out. Now I'm spoiled with heated seats. People think I'm weird, but I start my tomatoes in February because I like strong plants when I plant them in May. Those seedlings and my herb seedlings are coming along fine. Had a good blueberry crop but the prices are down.

Have a nice day all

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2017 :  9:45:32 PM  Show Profile
Judy...I was wondering if you guys were spending all your time at the Hospital with Dave's Mom or
if you fell into a deep snowdrift somewhere. LOL Wow...I just can't believe how high his mom's blood sugar levels are going. I mean those are some CrAzY Spikes! They need to find out what is causing them.
It sounds like someone who sat down and ate an entire box of Chocolates and a lot of carbs for all
their meals. I think the highest mine ever has been was 171 and that was when I was eating a lot of
Christmas Goodies. Was she in the hospital when it spiked again...I mean eating their food or had she
gone back home? I will keep praying for her. ~ I'm with you...I would have been looking in thrift shops for those kind of Ice cube trays. I remember those from when we were kids. I looked in my kitchen the
other day to see what it would take to get rid of all my plastic. I decided short of setting it all on fire...it looks like a gigantic undertaking. I don't think I'm ready to go there...but maybe in small
doses replacing somethings once a month or something. But that was sweet of Dave to get you those expensive ice-cube trays. He is a keeper.

Teacher Tammy...Oh, I am so glad that you are on Spring Break and relaxing! I think you were to the
point that you very much needed that break...from your little energetic butterflies. So much nicer to
be at home drinking Tea and reading good books. I am sure that the dogs are happy to have you home too!
At one son home for the break is nice too. ~ I spent the day with my youngest son and family. We went
out to Lunch at A Thai Food Restaurant called Ginger Pop. Great food and I tried some Thai Iced Coffee that was amazing! I will have that again!

Lorie...Welcome back to The Porch Sister we thought maybe you had been wandering on other Threads...but
we Love it when you come back, kick your boots off and sit down for a much needed chat and some viral food, like Tammy's Cookies and Strawberry Tea!! ~ So, can you still use frozen Maple Syrup? I have never been around the tapping of the trees so...I don't know anything about what constitutes a good or bad
batch of syrup. ~ Stevia is good when mixed with Munk Fruit...no bitter taste at all. I don't really bake anymore...but when I get an itch to I use a half and half mix of flours. I figure it is then at least halfway healthy. LOL Really, I just figure everything in moderation is more healthy for us.

Well, I hear my book calling my name. My hubby is gone for a week.......long story! He took himself on
a Beach Trip so he could write on two books he is working on. I told him he had to stay in contact with me at least 3 times a day so that I know he is OK. He didn't want me to go...he just wanted to be by himself. He is doing a walk down memory lane lately...I think he feels his time is more limited than I do. I'm not sure. I just keep loving him despite some of the strange things he says and does.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 19 2017 9:46:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  3:21:27 PM  Show Profile
Hello from dark, dreary, 45 degree Ohio!
Lorena, so good to hear from you. Did you get to keep the deer meat?... or was it a mangled mess?
I don't think it's crazy to start veggies in Feb. Daddy had a greenhouse business for a few years and he started his in Feb. He grew them in nothing but sand and fish oils mixed in water. Pasty and I always thought the mixture smelled like Kool-Aid. Better than fish I guess. I have good memories of those greenhouse days. The small, beginner greenhouse was attached to the house off the L-room and my bedroom, so I watched him watering the seedlings. Then he transferred them to the bigger greenhouse. Customers couldn't believe that he only used fish oils to feed his plants. Daddy was an avid reader and he read about it in Mother Earth News or another of his gardening magazines. I loved watching his experiment with things like that.
Peg, Dave's mum was at home when it happened again. Like I said... she can't eat... only soft, cold foods(because of her jaw pain) and protein drinks(which are full of sweeteners). The hospital didn't seem to care about that. They just kept giving her insulin and pills to get the sugar under control. Then they sent her home. With her ongoing disease, Myasthenia Gravis, I don't think there's much they can do.
Praying for Larry!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  6:42:16 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Checking in to see what's happening? Still surrounded by snow. I love it though!

Judy, you must be a keeper the way Dave spoils you! LOL! My step father had wild blood sugars too. I also treated many patients with the same! Still sounds like an infection somewhere. Hope it gets under control. Precious memories of your father. My father had a green thumb too. Miss him.

Peggy, yikes your husband went alone? Scarey! Hope he keeps in touch. I guess his heart is functioning ok. Did Elijah get his cast off? Still raining in your neck of the woods?

TLT deep breaths and tea should keep you relaxed. Oh, a good book or two also!

My husband just found out he has Lyme disease and was started on the appropriate meds. He has had it for a long time and finally the right Doctor ran the blood work and now all the symptoms he has have a name. Hope the treatment works.

Prayers for everyone and a pot of chocolate tea and rice pudding for your enjoyment.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2017 :  11:52:38 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...Oh, my goodness...I'm so sorry to hear that your Husband has Lyme Disease. I did a lot of studying
on that horrible ailment as it has a lot of the same symptoms as Fibro. I will add him to the Prayer List and I just said a prayer for him and you. Goodness...can you tell we are all getting up there in years Girls? I hope we haven't scared all the younger Porchies off as of late.
We have more ailments to discuss than anything else. ~ Yes, my husband has been checking in with me...2 Text Messages, morning and noon and then one phone call at night. He sounded like the trip is doing him worlds of good mentally and emotionally...and like I said he is walking down memory lane...going back to a lot of his old haunts
as a teenager and into his twenties. I really do believe he is mentally preparing to meet the Lord, when ever God calls him home. And I guess that is a good thing. I am not one to look to the past...I try to live each day in the moment even if the moment is on the mundane side. A bit routine at times. But I have found with God...Life is pretty exciting every single day in one aspect or another. Just having him present in my day is so Special! He strengthens me and delights my heart so much!

Judy...I only know one person that has had high sugar numbers like that and it was one of the Ladies in my Bible Study Group! And she gets up in the 400's quite often. I pray that Dave's Mom'S # settles down and she has a smoother go of it. Did you say his sister lives with his mom? I think that is a very good thing.
How old is she if I may ask? My mom turns 84 next Month and she still lives by herself and is doing very well for her age...despite having survived Breast Cancer twice and her COPD. She told me one day that
"Only The Good Die Young"...so that makes her and I the feisty, ornery ones. Gee, Mom...thanks! LOL

Well, today with hubby gone...I slept in until 10:00 because I had a terrible night tossing and turning and getting up to go to the bathroom too many times...that I was exhausted when I did get up. But I spent my Morning with Papa God, then walked the dog while it wasn't raining. Then went and did some
non-grocery shopping. By then I was really worn out but only ended up taking about a 45 minute nap this
afternoon so hopefully I can sleep tonight. I'm not getting any of the housework done I wanted to...but Oh, well...it isn't going anywhere, it will wait for me to catch-up with it.

Off to have a cuppa Darlene's Choc. tea and some rice pudding. Sounds great!

Hugs and Joy,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Mar 21 2017 12:01:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  12:02:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, thanks for the prayers. Praying for both of you also. Glad Larry is checking in. There's really nothing we can do when they make their mind up except pray. Sorry you have had terrible nites. Me as well. I just stopped my Tamoxefan. It's been almost 5 years and I have been in full blown fibromyalgia again. My oncologist won't be happy. I was doing ok until she wanted me to do it in one dose instead of 2 . Put me on the floor! This isn't the first drug induced fibro I've encountered that rendered me nearly immobile. Yikes, we probably are scaring the youngsters on here! Sorry kiddos!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  12:39:31 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, Dave's' Mum turns 84 next month too! Interesting!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 21 2017 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile
Darlene...When I talked to my hubby...he sounds rejuvenated and refreshed and I am so happy for him. But yes, I worry
when he is 2 1/2 hours away but he is keeping his promise and keeping in touch 3 times a day. And he took my car which
is in much much better condition than his big old Buick. I feel like I'm driving a Tank but don't let it keep me at home
if I need to go somewhere. Today I went to The Dollar Store to pick up a few things for my grandson. He loves to hide
and find plastic Easter Eggs...so I bought a cheap basket and 4 pages of eggs. He will have so much fun with me hiding
those things and finding them. ~ I am so sorry that you are back into full blown Fibro. I feel your pain girl! It is NOT
fun. Why did your Dr. wean you down to 1 pill? And is it something you can safely go back on to keep the Fibro at bay?
Praying for you girlfriend!

Judy...that is pretty crazy about the two mom's both being 84 next month. OK...what day? My mom's birthday is on the
25th. ~ I was able to get my 5 miles in again today. It was very cloudy and cool this morning but the afternoon turned
into a Sunny and 50 + degree day. Just wonderful to be out doors and pushing Snickers in the Stroller. I think I am going
to have to buy a new Pet Stroller because the tires are completely bald. We have put a lot of miles on that thing in
the past year. ~ Did you find any more of those books? I told my mom about them too and she is going to order them on
her Nook. I am getting ready to start the 4th book. I see they came out with a Companion Guide for the 4 Books for
Book Clubs to use. I will probably pass on that however.

OKay Ladies...leaving you some Vanilla Tea and Choc. Eclairs on the Porch for a Midnight Snack...or breakfast if you've
already gone to bed.

Sweat Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  06:53:30 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Porchies! Only have a moment or two to pop in, but didn't want the posse sent out! We have been fighting some type of virus again :/ i think with hubby working at the hospital, he just brings all kinds of things home. We really need a mud room or something where he can strip down before coming in! We went and got three chickens this past weekend from a friend that moved to Oklahoma. It is nice to get some eggs in the mornings, though it is not nearly enough for all of us, lol. We are hoping to get 50 broilers and 25 laying chicks in the near future...

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  1:51:03 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your hens, Shannon. Are you able to let them free range? The eggs are so much better than store bought. My girls are boycotting on the most part again. I'm getting a egg twice a week out of 10 hens. Can't wait until July and the peeps start laying.
Thanks for the tea Peggy.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  2:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Darlene I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I will keep your family in my daily prayers.
Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2017 :  4:30:04 PM  Show Profile
Bev's birthday and her middle daughter's birthday also is the 12th.
I just stopped at the library today and picked up my 2 books Peg. Had to get them from another city library.
Gonna start tonight.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  12:03:47 AM  Show Profile
Judy...glad that you got the books! I am just on the beginning of #4...but no time to read until Friday.
My hubs is heading home on Friday morning as he has a Dr. Appt. on Fri. afternoon. He has had great weather
for this time of year at The Coast...so, I am really happy for him. I must admit that this has been a really
great break for both of us. He feels like he has had a much needed vacation that has refreshed and relaxed him.
And I have had the most peaceful week that I have had in ages. I haven't gotten anything done that I wanted
to because of the weather and feeling terrible...but I have just enjoyed the Peace and Quiet and less stress.

Tonight Shane and Sadie asked me over for dinner...so, I went. The kids were having a cranky night. But I still
enjoyed my 4 hours with them anyway. Kids will be kids.

Hi Shannon...I bet your husband is bringing stuff home from the Hospital. It seems like every time I go into a
Hospital for my hubby or to see a friend...no matter how much I wash my hands, and use hand-san...I still catch
a cold or something. I use to think you went to Hospitals to get well...but I now think you go to catch the latest
virus, all sorts of infections, you name it! It would be nice if you had a mudroom with a washer/dryer hook up
right there...so, you could just throw his clothes right in to tubs of hot water, huh? If I designed houses that
is where I would put my laundry facility. ~ Hope you got my email back to you today! I didn't check my computer
until late tonight. I am trying to stay off it until night time...as I can easily waste 2 to 3 hours on it other
wise. And it is taking up too much of my day.

Becky and Darlene...I hope you feel our prayers wrapped around you and yours!!

Well, girls my book is calling me...and I'm already in bed with my laptop. So, I am going to go
for now. More tomorrow.

Hugs, Smiles, and Miles of Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2017 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Thank you for the prayers for my husband and myself. I feel much better since the med is getting out of my system. My husband feels terrible and his hands are bad he can't open all his fingers. Lyme causes arthritis and I'm sure he has had it for a long time. He goes to a hand surgeon next week.

Peggy, glad you got some rest and peace. Your hubby as well. We all need some space to keep our sanity at times. I was taking 20 mg of Tamoxefan daily in the beginning but it caused the same bad symptoms. My doctor allowed me to then take 10 mg twice a day. That was tolerable. My new Oncologist wanted me to do the full 20mg. Thus the severe flair up. I will be on it 5 years in August. I will attempt it one more time and see what happens.The new recommendations are 10 years. Not happening for me. I would rather feel good.

Started a Bible study today on the movie The War Room. We watched the movie today. I saw it last year and knew this would be a great study on prayer. Pricilla Shirer was in the movie. She also has a live simulcast on April 8th. She is a fabulous teacher.

Shannon, I never wore my nursing shoes in my house. There were times I disrobed outside on the porch. LOL! Good thing I live in the boonies! Never washed my clothes with any other clothes either. Never got anything in all my 42+ years of nursing. Thank God! This year has been very bad for strep throat and various viruses. My daughter and her 5 kids have run the gamut too! Spring is coming! Hope you stay well.

Becky, prayers for you for your surgery on Monday. Big hugs!

Coconut custard waiting on the table. Enjoy!

Darlene
Sister 1922

Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  1:04:46 PM  Show Profile
I loved the movie The War Room.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  3:34:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Didn't get on the Computer at all yesterday! Had a really bad Fibro Day! But still went and taught Bible Study Last Night.
The great thing about doing that...I may feel on the verge of death...but once I get into the "Zone" of teaching and listening
to the contributions of others...I can forget my pain. Knowing that, I push myself to be there no matter how bad I feel. Once
I got back home...I felt lousy again. Study was great even though we only got through 1/2 of a lesson. I always allow room for The Spirit to move and some times he leads of onto a much greater need. Last night we had a Mama in crisis. Her 15 year old daughter is hanging around a bad crowd and getting pulled into drugs etc. She does a lot her mother doesn't even know about.
But anyway, the mom got tired of her daughters mouthiness and belligerence so she slapped her face. The daughter went flying into the bathroom and came out with scratches on her face. Which the mom insists the daughter did to herself in the bathroom. She
told her mom that she was going to turn her in for parent abuse. And that is exactly what she did the next day at school. So,
Social Services contacted the mom and ... Well, you get the picture. So, as soon as the Mom walked into Bible Study she broke
down into tears and I got up and held her for a moment and just let her cry...and then we sat her in a chair and we all layed
hands on her and prayed for both her and her daughter. This is a recently divorced mother and the two kids are pushing her buttons and they are acting out some of their own pain. If the Holy Spirit so leads you to think about this gal and her daughter
please say a prayer for them.

Well, hubby made it home from the Coast this morning. He seemed very tired to me...but he wanted to take me to Barnes and Noble
for a little bit so we did that. Now he is in taking a nap. I am glad he had a good and safe time and I think we really did both
need a break from each other. It was refreshing for both of us. Just having him home the tension is back...but I will again try
to not re-act to his negativeness...just speak in love and warmth. Hard to do...but God will give me the strength. I think my husband actually missed the dog more than me. LOL When he came in he says to the dog, "Oh, I missed you sooooooooooo much!"
He didn't say anything like that to me. LOL I just have to laugh and let it go!

Darlene... WOW it doesn't seem possible that it has been almost 5 years girl! How time flies! I can see how messing with a prescription can throw you into a Fibro Flare of an extreme magnitude. Hopefully you will be able to just stay at a level that
your body can handle not what the Oncologist wants. Each body reacts differently. I have seen it so many times with my husband...how one medicine change can take him 10 steps backwards in how he feels. Praying for you!

Becky...I pray that God gives you Peace, Tranquility and Comfort all Weekend and especially on Monday. Just remember your Porchies and many others are praying for you. Does your husband have someone to be there to support him while you are in
surgery? I pray that he does.

Well Ladies...I think I need a wee bit of a nap myself. Hope you all have a Lovely Weekend. Go out and Create your own
fun and memories.

Hugs, Love and Prayers,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  5:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Just a quick hello. I have read the posts but have been busying getting ready to go to Bangor on Monday. I have to be there at 6:30am. Paul doesn't have someone to be with him, but I am hoping that he will get some rest while I am in surgery because of getting up so early and driving for 2.5 hours to get to the hospital. He is bringing a book to read, and I know the wait will be the hardest for him, especially the next couple of days while I am in the hospital and he is home. It will be hard on Angel (my dog) as she has not let me out of her sight for the last two weeks.
I want to thank all of you for your cards, gifts, and prayers over the last few weeks. It means a lot to me. I am taking all of them with me to the hospital so I will not feel alone during my stay. I will let you know when I get home how things went.
Farmgirl Hugs
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Farm Girl of the Month December 2016
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2017 :  5:18:12 PM  Show Profile
Becky, our hospital has volunteer clergy that would sit with Paul if he liked. I'm sure your hospital has something along that line also. If he want that have him ask at the nurses station and he won't have to be alone. Good Luck. Praying for you.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page