Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  11:57:43 AM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies...I see yesterdays quick post flew the Coop...LOL Oh, well at least it was a short one!!

We had a Wonderful Day on Thanksgiving...then yesterday My Little Family and I went out and did a little shopping (not me...I was just along
for the ride). I have ordered most of my gifts On-line in the cozy comfort of my PJ's. LOL Then we had lunch. Went to the Festival of Trees
at the Hilton and then the Christmas Market then walked across the street for the Tree Lighting! It was a FUN two days!!!

Then last night I took down all the Fall Decor and started putting up a little new Christmas Decor. Will do more later in the week probably.
I was so jived up last night that I went to bed at 2:00 am and couldn't fall asleep until 4:00 then was back up at 8:30. And now I am crashing.
Most of it is the Weather. Middle son and I might go to younger sons house for Turkey dinner tonight. If hubby doesn't throw a fit about me
going. We have jealousy issues on my time. BUT I get a little bored hanging around watching my husband sleep his life away. But if he is awake
he wants me here. This is all so much harder than I ever dreamed it would be. It is like we have no idea when he will pass but know it could
be today or a year from now...it just adds so much stress to our lives. We are going to the Cardiologist Tues. So maybe we will know if he is
going to get the Defibrillator put in or not. And even if he does...does that buy us more time? If his diet can change his heart disease will
it impact his brain issues?? So, many questions and no real answers. Oh, well...my kids asked me at Thanksgiving what his problem was because
he is always just so grumpy and bossing everyone around. I know he has no brain control over it but it is hard not to take it personally. The
only people he is nice to is the grandkids. He adores them. *big sigh*...sorry for venting my frustrations!!! But I do thank God for my kids!!
I would be in a real dark place if not for them.

Have a Wonderful Weekend and enjoy your family and friends!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 26 2016 12:00:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2016 :  3:45:53 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday, Tammy. The chocolate pie sounds delish. Couldn't eat another bite though. We had our Thanksgiving dinner today and I ate way too much. I'm putting my tree up tomorrow also.

Peggy glad you had a nice holiday with your family. Feel free to vent any time, that what porch sitting is all about.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  09:15:13 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies! I'm taking a break from cleaning and trying to get my desk cleaned off (sigh). My desk seems to be a constant battle with files for new clients constantly needing to be input into my program, it's a good problem to have though lol. Matt just gets frustrated at the "clutter". Unfortunately I don't have a door to close like he does to his office. I may rearrange and move my office back to my sewing/craft room but that's a future project.

I bought new calendars to put up since we'll be moving into December this week. It's hard to believe! I found a pretty pink faux leather covered planner too. It will be easy to spot on my desk or in my tote. For my sewing room I bought one called Comforts of Home at Menards that has the most beautiful country themed pictures, sort of like Gooseberry Patch art. I gathered up my fall decorations and Matt got out the totes with the Christmas ones out. Now to find time to put everything up. We're going back and forth on getting a real tree again or just breaking down and getting an artificial tree. They have some really nice ones that look real now but then it's one more thing we'd have to find a place to store. We really need to look at buying another shed to store things in.

I bought the little guy a chair to sit in when he comes back to us but Moo seems to have decided it's her new bed LOL

Peggy - I'm so sorry you're going through this. If you need someone to talk I'm willing to be your sounding board.

Well back to work! Hope everybody has an enjoyable Sunday.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Farmgirl of the Month November 2016
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
"Pampered care for your pet"
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  3:31:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanksgiving is over and now time for Christmas. Got the tree and other decorations up inside this morning after company left. Just have the outside lights to put up but Jay wants to go with LED this year so we have to buy lights. Hopefully this week sometime.
Back to work in the morning for a couple of months.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  5:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone had a 'Full' Thanksgiving...in many ways!hahaha
Peggy, I wish I was there to give you a BIG(((((((((((((HUG))))))))))))))! We are all here for you girl...so just vent away! We may not know what to say sometimes, but we WILL listen!!!
I got my teas Friday, Patsy! I'm surprised that you had time to concentrate on them!
We are going to have some really warm days this week before it plunges again... close to 60 I think. Crazy! I'm fighting a sinus infection now that's had me down since Friday. Miserable stuff.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2016 :  6:15:34 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Judy Peggy. If you need to vent, that's what we are here for. It really does help to let out all the frustrations. Things will become easier to handle and maybe you will find the joy in the little things once again. So vent away.

Our Thanksgiving was nice and quite. I didn't get to cook everything as I wasn't feeling so good, but we still had a nice dinner for our first one in our new home. It has been snowing off and on for the last few days, sticks for a few hours, but is gone, then snows again. Mostly just a dusting. It is all gone again. We are due for more snow in a couple of days. I hope that it holds off with the really bad snowfall until after the 6th of December. Paul and I plan on having an appreciation dinner at the local inn for everyone who has been a really big help in fixing our home up since we purchased it. I also have included those who welcome us to the community and made us feel welcome and accepted. I have 26 people coming and since it will be dark when we come home, I don't want the issue of driving in snow or icy roads. After the 6th, I hope we have a nice snow storm and it covers the ground completely white.
In regards to our house, the men will be back tomorrow. There is about 2 to 3 weeks of work left. Mostly on the foundation. I am having a new door being installed tomorrow. Then there are the new windows. A few of the floors are shaky and we are having them looked into and maybe fixing the structure of the house as well. The men are almost done, and then I will be able to start decorating for the Christmas holidays. I will probably go light as most of the stuff is still packed. Once the room is done where the Christmas tree is going, we will be going out to our tree farm and cutting down our tree. It should be fun and I hope to have it lightly snowing to add to the magic of cutting down our tree this year.
Have a great evening and week.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  12:17:54 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Thank you everyone for your loving thoughtfulness. I do so appreciate that I can vent when I need to. I just don't want to be a
downer in the middle of Our Favorite Time of The Year. I LOVE Christmas and I know most of you do too. I am trying to concentrate on Celebrating the
Babe in The Manger and setting my hurts and frustrations aside...but every once in awhile they pop out and I just have to let them...or they will
eat me alive. Once they are out on the table...I feel better. I don't expect answers from any of you...Only God can answer these questions of my heart.
And like I have shared before...I'm an optimist and an encourager of others but some times the Encourager needs encouragement. And Bless your hearts
for rallying around me. Thank You...you are all such special women in my life. ~ Well, I got my pretty tree up today. That helped cheer me up! 6 1/2 ft white
artificial Christmas Tree with white lights and Purple and Gold Ornaments. It looks Magical! And I bought a pretty Purple Star for the top and a purple
Tree Skirt. My husband who is normally "Bah Hum Bug" about Christmas Decor...came into the living room once I had it all decorated and said, "WoW, that is the most beautiful Tree I have ever seen." That made me feel good. I still think I need to put more ball ornaments on it (I bought a lot more I can use) but DH thinks "More is Less". I will give it another day or two and then decide. You know how when you get all done you ponder it from all angles? I put
a Med. size Nativity underneath the Tree. Just 3 pieces...Joseph, Mary and The Christ Child. Then I have a larger set of Demdaco looks like Carved Wood but they are Resin...and I put that on Top of My Bookshelf (I use for knick knacks). I think this year I will do less decorating (keeping it simple) as I feel like with my son still sleeping on our sofa I don't want any more clutter than I already am dealing with.

Well, I am off to go read for awhile...so, am keeping it short and sweet tonight. Leaving you some homemade Sweet Potato Pie and hot chocolate on the Porch!

Patsy...I did want you to know I got the Teas. Thank You so much. With everything happening in your life we were just pleased you carried through...but would have understood if you had just said, "Sorry, I can't". Bless You Heart!

Ok my lovelies...sleep tight,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 28 2016 12:23:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2016 :  4:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Back to work today. Things never seem to change. My stomach is on the war path again. I'm keeping a diary to see if I can figure out what's triggering it. A little cooler today with the chance of rain for the next couple of days. Cleo and Cherokee are still nervous over the Sam's dog that spent the week-end. I was thinking of getting a puppy when I retired but if it's going to upset the cats that much maybe it's better that I don't. Going to finish up my Christmas cards and get them mailed out this week. See ya girls.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  3:54:48 PM  Show Profile
We had rain today. Hope they got some to help with the fires. We have had over an inch and a half.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2016 :  7:24:09 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies! Last day of the month so I had to pass off my baton so make sure to check out the FGOM chatter to find out who has been named December's FGOM! So exciting LOL

I had an evening off for the first time in over 2 weeks! Such a luxury! LOL I decided to spend 1 hour cleaning and set the timer. It took the entire hour to get the kitchen back in shape but it felt like a huge accomplishment. Then Jordon and I went out for supper and he grabbed the check and paid for it. I felt bad because he should take Matt out since Matt just dropped a huge chunk of change for his lawyer's retainer fee. I hope to have good new soon on that :O) Now I'm surfing around and playing on the computer. It's just after 9 pm here and I'm ready to crash. I guess that's a luxury, I can go to bed early.

Patsy - I received my tea envelope. Thank you!

Well, I think I'll go try to read for a bit before curling up with my pillow. Have an awesome evening everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  01:18:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Tammy thank you for the honor. It was sure a surprise for me.
My husband woke me up at 2:30 because we had smoke in the house and our boiler was comprised. So we have all the windows open to air the house out, called the boiler company and they will be out soon. It is snowing and I wanted to check out the weather and when I went online, I had quite a few emails, and that is how I found out. So in the mist of a problem, I received a huge surprise. Life is good.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  01:52:59 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Ladies...it is almost 2:00 AM. Just finished printing my Christmas Poems that I like to tuck into my Cards each year.
That is the last thing on My "MUST Do List" The Christmas Cards! It is always time consuming but I love to do them. I like to get them all
out in the first two weeks of December.

Had my little man today for Grandma Day! He was wound up let me tell you. So I gave him a Dr. Kit I had bought him for Christmas. It was a rainy
day here so we needed something new to pass the time. I refuse to have the TV on or Cell phones accessible to him as I want it to be all play
time and lunch. He loved the Dr. Kit and I got Doctored on all day. LOL

Becky...Congratulations on being named December's FGOTM!!! I had that same honor in a December the year I got it too. Tammy made a Great Pick!
It is nice when you are having a crummy day to have it turned around by a complete Surprise huh?

Keeping everyone in prayers with the fires and tornados running rampant! This is suppose to be a Season of Joy and Celebration not one of devastation
and sorrow. But God will take what was meant for bad and turn it into blessings. Some times it takes awhile to be able to see the situation that way
though.

Well, My Porchies...sleep tight and sweet dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  09:35:10 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, thank you so much for the Nov. teas...and the lovely card! In fact, I have had them a while. It's taken me a week to get over the hub bub of our Thanksgiving gathering! (But I loved every minute) (22 at our house) And yes, we made memories and I took pictures! I'm going to go make a cuppa right now! Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

firecatinc
True Blue Farmgirl

1252 Posts

Lenora
Fulks Run VA
USA
1252 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  4:17:37 PM  Show Profile
Becky hope your boiler got fixed and congrats on Farmsister of the month for December.
Finally remembered to boil off my turkey bones this evening for broth. Have to make my own most of the time to limit sodium for Jay. He had a quadruple bypass two years ago and trying to keep a man doing what he's suppose to do is a full time job. But my house is smelling really good right now.
Going to fix a cup of tea and work on my Christmas stocking for the new baby to be.
Prayer for everyone.

Nora
Farmgirl Sister #7131
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  5:34:10 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Lenora,
Yes we got the boiler fixed. It was only a starter. I was so thankful that it was not worse. I can relate to it being a full time job trying to get your man to do what he is suppose to do. I almost lost Paul about 5 years ago and trying to get him to do what he needs to can be trying. What I finally did was to lay a guilt trip on him. I asked him if he wanted to be around with me for another 50 years, because I sure would like that. But if he didn't do what he was suppose to do then maybe he won't be. It works most of the time.
I am glad that your house is smelling good right now. How about sending some of those smells up my way. I could really use some good scents. LOL.
Been up since 2:15am and I am really tired. Going to bed.
Good Night.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:40:48 PM  Show Profile
OK MY Porchies TIME TO SIGN UP FOR THE 2017 TEA SWAP:

This is a First Come Sign-Up and Once We have all 12 Months Filled it is closed off. Please email me with your name and the Month You would like.
And then I will fill in the Names on This Month List. You may want one Month but someone may sign up for it before you emailed me. So, when that happens
I just ask you to take the next open month. For those who are New to the Tea Swap we usually send 2 Tea Bags of Your Choice to the Other 11 Porchies.
And if you want to include Tucks that is just fine...but not necessary. It is totally up to you. You can mail out any time during your month it is totally
up to you.

January...Peggy Smith/LadyInRed

February...Darlene Riboldi/Healing Touch

March...

April...

May...

June...

July...

August...

September...

October...

November...

December...

Hugs and Happy Tea Sharing,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 02 2016 12:20:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2016 :  11:58:54 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Peggy, I emailed you!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  03:22:25 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn
I sent you two emails.
Becky

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  07:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Yeah, I made the tea team! LOL!

Wishing everyone peace and joy as we enter the season of Christmas. Keeping you all in prayer for the many issues that are posted. We all need prayer and who better to rely on than Jesus! Of course our sisters too! LOL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  10:52:41 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - November please!!!!!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  4:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Peg, I'd like June please!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  4:51:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

This is a First Come Sign-Up and Once We have all 12 Months Filled it is closed off. Please email me with your name and the Month You would like.
And then I will fill in the Names on This Month List. You may want one Month but someone may sign up for it before you emailed me. So, when that happens
I just ask you to take the next open month. For those who are New to the Tea Swap we usually send 2 Tea Bags of Your Choice to the Other 11 Porchies.
And if you want to include Tucks that is just fine...but not necessary. It is totally up to you. You can mail out any time during your month it is totally
up to you.

March...

April...

May...

June...Judy/Herblady55

July...

August...

September...

October...

November...Tammy/Prairie Gypsy

December...Shannon/Hudson

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  4:55:04 PM  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

up to you.

March...Lenora/Firecatnic

April...

May...

June...Judy/Herblady55

July...Tammy/tea_Lady_tammy

August...

September...Becky/Ladybeck9756

October...Sabrina/Sobyn

November...Tammy/Prairie Gypsy

December...Shannon/hudsonsinaf

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 07 2016 12:05:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  5:07:44 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Girls I was off my computer all morning...trying to get a jump start on my Christmas Cards. I didn't even get half done but I did get about 35% done.
Some of you were posting dates you wanted for the Tea Swap so I have those down who already asked except for one person who wanted the same month as some
one else...so waiting on her to get back to me.

Hope you have a had a good productive day today. My Christmas Cards are my last of The Holiday Have to's. Then I will be able to just sit back and enjoy the
rest of December!!! Off to BnN with my hubby. Will check later to see if anyone else signed up.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2016 :  5:08:43 PM  Show Profile
quote:

Sorry Girls I was off my computer all morning...trying to get a jump start on my Christmas Cards. I didn't even get half done but I did get about 35% done.
Some of you were posting dates you wanted for the Tea Swap so I have those down who already asked except for one person who wanted the same month as some
one else...so waiting on her to get back to me.

Hope you have had a good productive day today. My Christmas Cards are my last of The Holiday Have to's. Then I will be able to just sit back and enjoy the
rest of December!!! Off to BnN with my hubby. Will check later to see if anyone else signed up.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page