Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:01:00 PM  Show Profile
started planting my tomato seedlings and the wind picked up somthing fierce! Figured I'd take a rest on the porch and relax for a few before heading to the kitchen to start my first ever canning project.
Congrats to Megan on moving on to high school!

farmgirl #1432

"He who throws mud only loses ground"-Fat Albert
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  4:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Dana,
What are you canning? I'm waiting for my brine to come to a boil so I can finish up the asparagus. Then it's off to apple sauce

www.theporcelaindesk.blogspot.com
1 Tim. 6:8 But if we have food and shelter, we will be satisfied with that.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  6:11:21 PM  Show Profile
Good evening ladies,
you know I love the porch...I love the stories...I love yall...It is a wonderful place. Tami Lynn is honeysuckle hard to grow. I have always loved the smell of honeysuckle and I have yet to see much of it in my neck of the woods...just wondering. Ok ladies I brought some scones with chocolate mint tea. It was a cool day here so baking seemed the thing to do...I was humming with the birds...a beautiful day.. God is so good. He kept me safe yesterday and brought a beautiful day to me today. I am often humbled and amazed at how He loves us so

hugs
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

http://breathsoffaith.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lin
True Blue Farmgirl

807 Posts

Lin
Sioux City IA
USA
807 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  7:21:20 PM  Show Profile
Monica, I forget that you are in Hurricane Country!! I hope and pray you don't need to use your emergency cabinet, but always good to be prepared! Tami Lynn, be sure to let us know how the raised beds work for you. I'd be interested in knowing how you built them. I've come to the conclusion that's the way for me to go to have a small garden. I made an Amish Shoofly pie from my Amish recipe swap, so hope you all enjoy it with your flavored coffee (or herbal tea, if you prefer!) Tammy your scones and chocolate mint tea sounds yummy! Hugs and Smiles, LIn

"Our beautiful earth is worth saving"!!
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  7:39:44 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Dana and Tammy! Tomorrow is the big night! Today Milwaukee's weather was doing a number for us! First, it was hot and humid. Then it got cooler and started raining cats and dogs! Man, Wisconsin is the only place that you can experience all four seasons in one day!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2010 :  8:18:20 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm going to try my hand at blackberries and cherries. I bought some organic blackberries and my in-laws brought me a bunch of fresh-picked cherries from their neighbors in california, hopefully I don't botch them! They also brought up some lemons from their tree,lemonade anyone?

farmgirl #1432

Edited by - Rxgirl on Jun 02 2010 8:22:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  05:30:01 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It is grey here this morning. We may get some showers, could use the moisture. We have to run to town for some errands this morning, mainly duckling, chicken food and black oil sunflower seeds.

I'd like some of that banana bread if there is any left. Think I'll go with tea this AM. I had better get caught up with you all here, missed yesterday completely.

Have a productive day!!
Marcie

I enjoy chatting with my friends.

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2010 :  08:21:41 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm....banana bread. I do believe I may have to make some. It's shaping up to be a nice day here so I might have to wait to bake until tomorrow when the rain come back.

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:15:07 AM  Show Profile
Well, last night was the big night. I'm officially a high school freshman! I had so much fun, and all my friends and I had an amazing time.
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2010 :  10:39:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I can smell the banana bread from here! I would love a slice! The weather is very grey here today and was raining earlier...but at the moment it is not. Which is wonderful!

Blessings,
~peggy

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  04:52:14 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! I hope you are having a great weekend. It is nice to come here and welcome the day and chat with you.

Anyone care for a chocolate dipped strawberry. They are nice and big and so tasty!!! Strawberry bread is in the oven, so we can have a slice of that in a little while.

Our ducklings are outside now, permanently. In a week or so we will move their new house down by the pond. The two chicks from the last hatch will get the bigger brooder now.

Have a super day!
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  06:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Woke up with the sun this morning, sitting on the porch with a big cup of coffee waiting for the little ones to wake up and enjoying the quiet morning. Hope all you ladies have a wonderful day.

farmgirl #1432

Go to Top of Page

simplefancies
True Blue Farmgirl

117 Posts

Tami Lynn
Longview WA
USA
117 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  07:11:29 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies.
It's a pleasant morning. Looks like we're going to have decent weather. We meant to be up 2 hours ago so we could be out fishing at first light but the Mister has been out of town and neither one of us felt much like getting out of bed. I found a recipe a while back for some camp oatmeal. It is absolutely yummy. Anyone want some for breakfast? Let me know so I know how much to put in the oven.
xoxo

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2010 :  09:46:14 AM  Show Profile
I would love one of those strawberries. My favorite fruit and with chocolate too. Just getting ready to put some lunch on but thought I would pop in here and say hello. Had some rain last night but today it is nice.

have a great afternoon
hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile
Wow ladies you all have been busy while I was gone. Sorry I have been away so long but been a busy couple of months. My daughter-in-law had our grandson a month early and we almost lost both of them. I then spent a month in the NICU with them. He is home now and growing like the weeds in my garden. Recieved some troubling health news and so decided to join the gym. Third time there and I fell by the pool and was rushed to the hosp with a possible fractured spine. See exercise is not always good lol. After 3 weeks laid up am in the garden again. Apricot pineapple jam tomorrow. Glad to be catching up with all you ladies. I missed this sooo much

Every Day is a gift from God, Rejoice and be glad in it.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  12:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marla,
You have had a quite a journey of late. glad yall are doing better and i will keep you in prayers. Sit and rest a bit here on the porch

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  3:22:58 PM  Show Profile
Thx so much I think I will. Anyone have any ice tea? It is a hot one here today. Summer has arrived.

Go to Top of Page

Rxgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

216 Posts

Dana
Id
USA
216 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  4:03:00 PM  Show Profile
My goodness Marla, sounds like you've have an eventful time recently. Glad to hear you're back on your feet!
Spring has definitely passed us by. It is almost 90 hear today so I'm just going to sit hear on the porch for a few with some cold water and relax.

farmgirl #1432

Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  6:54:08 PM  Show Profile
Evenin Porchies! I spent my weekend on a motorcycle ride for Riley Childrens Hospital. We had a total blast and Hubby found out that he did a better job on the bike repairs than he thought. Everyone who noticed his road rash commented on how the bike didn't look like it was hurt too bad. One guy even asked him if he had wrecked a different bike than the one we were riding! He so needed the ego boost to bring him out of his funk. He's laughing and makin jokes agian. Thank God! I couldn't hardly stand his grumpies anymore, but I couldn't yell at him, he just wrecked his motorcycle. We came home with some new recipes to try. Anyone want some chocolate dipped mulberries? I was shocked at how yummy they are!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  8:38:24 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi everyone, I'm lucky to have my own wonderful porch but I want to have fun and fellowship with all of you. I'll bring a few pies,rhubarb custard, wet bottom shoofly and pecan. Since we shouldn't only have sweets I will bring some ham and scalloped potatoes and baked dried corn. My wonderful Beagle Jackie will come to share her love. Better get cooking.....see you in a while. Save me a spot. Darlene
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2010 :  11:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Angela...I have never had Mulberries before. But I love anything covered with Chocolate!
I would love to try some. Glad hubby is out of his funk and back on his bike!

Darlene...Welcome to our virtual porch. A lot of us have our own too but non can compare
with the great sisters that drop by this one; to share, relax, take a load-off and to bring
non-caloric great food and drinks. I would love to try some wet bottom shoofly and pecan pie.

Muggy here tonight! Wet and Humid...not a good combination.
blessings,
~peggy
non

Lady In Red
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

A "SMILE" Should Be A Woman's First Accessory, Then Her Purse, Shoes, and Bling! ~p.smith
Go to Top of Page

wellswillow
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Marcie
Branchport New York
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  05:56:15 AM  Show Profile
Good morning! It is a pleasant,sunny though cool morning. It's not out of the 50's yet and only going to the mid 60's. After the hot weather we had it feels downright cold. We had weekend rain and the weeds are sure growing. I have to get in the garden today and get some of them taken care of---I see some are advocating cutting off the weeds at ground level and letting microbes and worms devour the roots. Anyone tried that method???

Enjoy this first full week of June. I have a pot of tea handy this morning and some fresh peanut butter cookies.
Marcie

Sisterhood Member 1114
Go to Top of Page

MarionCountryGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Marla
Hemet Ca
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  10:13:15 AM  Show Profile
Mmmm Peanutbutter cookies! My fav in the whole world. Think I will have one thx. A little tea too. Needed to put my feet up for a few. Going to be in the 90s here today again. Just finished a batch of apricot-pineapple jam. Now need to go to the garden to grab some yellow squash and feeze them. Already the summer squash is getting ahead of me.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  12:37:08 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
just got home from a meeting, spruced up the house a bit after having company, and now time for afternoon tea on cloudy but pleasant day here in Nebraska. I brought some fresh strawberries and english breakfast tea.

hugs
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2010 :  8:00:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies! I haven't gotten a chance over the last few days, my internet was down and I was very busy at my church festival working! I missed you guys though! I hope all is well with everyone!
God's Blessings,
Megan aka Loretta Rae

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page