Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Brenda Fouty
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Brenda
Robinson Illinois
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  09:12:33 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, you are so right about Angie....no fear! That girl is busy every minute! I hope she posts some pictures when she starts canning the produce from this last planting. She is a powerhouse, and the pics will inspire us all, I'm sure. I have two of my "greats" here today, and we are going swimming, so I must go get ready. I do believe we are going to DQ after that, and yes, I'm spoiling them. They leave next Monday to go back home, which is 900 miles away. We only get to see them a week at Christmas, and a month during the summer, so it's perfectly okay to spoil them, I think. Everything else stops while they are here, and they are my focus. However, I had to check in, sit on the porch, and visit a minute. Hope you all enjoy your day!

Brenda Fouty
#7025 FGOTM, July 2016
brendalfouty@gmail.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  11:09:20 AM  Show Profile
Hi 'Porch-Buds!' Slept like a rock and got up to 83 Bee-u-tee-full degrees! It's 2pm now and only high 80's. They changed it from 91 to 87. I'll take it! hahaha
Brenda, I would do the same thing if the nieces&nephews came to visit. It's all about having time with them, I agree!!! I love having them here. I pretty much do that when my Sis comes to visit. I do only the 'necessaries!' hahahaha

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  11:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Judy...I'm with you girl I am clueless about the whole toothbrush Needle thing...even though I remember Prairie Tammy posting a picture of it. I need to google a tutorial on how to use it so I can better grasp the process. Sounds fascinating however. I remember thinking when she first mentioned it..."how does one weave a rug with a toothbrush?" LOL ~ Did I tell you that I had to send back my new laptop? It went to a black screen as soon as I turned it on and wouldn't go anywhere from there. The replacement came yesterday...so please pray that this one likes me!! LOL For a person who considers herself Tech Savvy I sure seem to have problems with the buggers. I love the convenience of a laptop so much more than a big desk top computer...but I do have more issues with a laptop for some reason. My old laptop was still Windows 7...so now I am up to Windows 10 with this new one. I have windows 10 on my iPad Air so I do know how to navigate it. I was just afraid if I downloaded it on the old laptop it might blow it up. LOL I wouldn't be surprised!

Brenda...so nice to have you on The Porch this morning. Sounds like you have a fun day planned with the Greats. Especially the DQ part of your day. LOL When ever we travel back from the Oregon Coast DQ is one of our pit-stops. It is a family tradition. Other than that I never go to DQ because I like it too much!! ~ I can't wait to see Angie's canning pictures. I miss canning as far as looking at all those Fruits of My Labor. Nothing looks prettier than
canned fruits and veggies...but I don't miss all the work. LOL Once my kids grew up and left home...I quit canning...and passed it down to their families. My youngest DIL likes to can and do freezer jams and she is quite the Excellent Baker too. So, I love when she shares her hard work with us.

Well, please pray for our Son Daniel again...he is trying to get an Emergency Furlough out of jail to see his adoptive mom...who is in Critical Condition in a Spokane Hospital. She just had by pass surgery (4 by passes)but before that she went to the Hospital just feeling weak and wrung-out. They discovered her heart situation she was having a heart attack and that her kidneys were failing...but she was too weak for the surgery. After 3 days the got her on dialysis but postponed the heart surgery until she was a little stronger. So, two days ago she had the surgery and for some reason the groin wound is not healing and is still leaking blood and her sternum is disintegrating. She is still in critical condition. So, it looks like Daniel will get a short furlough from prison to go see her and my husband may be driving him from Tacoma to Spokane. We are waiting to hear. It probably won't be until Thursday. Man life just doesn't seem to give us a break here lately. But I am glad the prison is being cooperative.

Had a nice walk in overcast weather this morning and got home just in time before the clouds all left and bright sunshine and hot weather has started. I had to order a new portable air conditioner because the old portable started leaking water all over my bedroom carpet. This is suppose to be our hottest week of the Summer so far and my air-conditioner breaks down. Jeesh! The new one will be delivered on Friday while DH is gone. Oh, well I bet I can get it
vented out the window...with out him.

OK girlies...that is all my news. Never a dull moment in my life. I'm sure yours is the same way just with differing circumstances. Have a Wonderful Day. I'm headed for a short nap and then going with DH to his Dr. Appointment because the Dr. asked me to be there. Ugh! OK...I will do my wifely duty and not grumble. LOL Much!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2016 :  3:28:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy and Judy, look for "Aunt Philly's Toothbrush Rug"

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon

Edited by - forgetmenot on Jul 26 2016 4:59:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  09:08:25 AM  Show Profile
howdy everyone,
I had a post last night and it disappeared so I was mad. Trying again today. It has been a busy time since vacation. I am now back in my classroom getting things ready as we have less than a month before school starts. I can't believe summer has flown by so fast. But I have been spending afternoons in my room doing a bit of work. Painted some shelves and things. Need to look like I have been in there before Tuesday when we have resgistration night. It looks like I will have 18 or 19 butterflies. Plus I teach fifth and sixth grade reading and writing and help with music this year. I will certainly be busy.

Have been working in my flowers they are so pretty and I find peace playing in the dirt.

other than that not much else
have a great day ladies
Love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  10:18:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi all -

Mel - got your tea package today. You are so talented! Can't wait to try the teas and loved the tucks also.

Not much going on around here. Just sittin' around complaining about the heat. It's been in the 90's and humid every day, which is unusual for us here in the mountains.

Still haven't found work, so am enjoying the summer while I can. I would at least like to find some part time work and then maybe take my social security in October when I turn 62.

Hugs,
Luanne
'

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  10:47:31 AM  Show Profile
Hi-Ya! Tammy, sure hope your butterflies behave themselves this year! If not...'Get the Mothballs!' hahaha
Luanne, hasn't the heat 'n humidity just been awful this year? *Blah* Everyone you talk to is complaining, no matter where they live. Mountain areas use to be an escape from heat. No more! It's Miserable everywhere!
I just keep repeating this mantra... "God has His reasons, God has His reasons!!" lol
Starting Friday we are suppose to drop into the low to mid 80's for a few days... and rain. I'll take that over what we have now. A reprieve! yaaa!
Stay cool gals! Remember, get creative with those teas. Add a bag to a glass of (already brewed) plain ice tea and enjoy! Peg always says she doesn't think of mixing teas or making ice tea with them. Well Peg, here's your wake-up call... again! heeheehee. I'll bet that rose one would be De-lish iced. Gonna go try it right now!
Bye-eeeeee!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  12:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Headed to Spokane with hubby and son tomorrow. I didn't want to go...I wanted to stay home
but after seeing the Dr. yesterday he insisted that I go with Larry so he doesn't get lost.
The Brain Scan my husband had is worse than I thought. They said part of his brain is dead and rest of it looks like Swiss cheese.
It is the right side and it controls your emotions, personality and balance. Which explains
a lot. Then he has been having mini-strokes for 8 years and some of the stroke sites show blood pooling. The Dr. also wants me to sit down with the kids and let them know that we just have to accept my husbands sometimes very odd behavior. For me it helps knowing he can't control it and is not doing it on purpose. The Dr. said that he wasn't sure that Larry should even be driving at all. I am with him most of the time since we seem to be attached to the hip since retirement...and I believe that he isn't at the point that he needs to stop driving. I may have to remind him where we are going at times but other than that he still does fine. We pick Daniel up from the Prison at 10:00 am tomorrow in Tacoma and then head for Spokane...so it is going to be a long trip. Taking the Dog with us as my son and family will be in Seattle for Madeline's 8th birthday. I hate to miss it but I have no choice in the matter. Daniel does not have to be back to the Prison until 8:00 pm Saturday Night. So he will have 58 hours of Freedom. He never gets to see the outdoors in the Prison he is now in.
They get no yard time at all. I can not even imagine that. So...we are happy that the Prison Board and Warden allowed him this furlough to see his Adoptive Mom. She is still in critical condition. He will also get to see his wife and daughter finally. He will stay at home and then we will stay in a Motel. Guess I better go see my mom on Friday or I will never hear the end of it from her. She has been driving me nuts on the phone the last few times I talked to her. She is always "right" about everything...even when she is "wrong". LOL And she acts like everyone else is stupid but her. No wonder she has no friends and is lonely. If she would just be "Kind" and not a know it all people would enjoy being around her more. Oh well, at
83 she probably isn't about to shock us and change.

Luanne and Judy...sorry you guys are having such hot tempts and humidity. I love HOT weather
as you know but I HATE Humidity. It wipes me out physically and I'm like a limp dishrag.*had to use Judie's word...giggle* I think I would buy a kiddie pool and sit in it with a glass of that rose ice-tea and a good book!!! Or go find a lake or river to sit in. I'm taking my swimsuit for the pool at the Hotel we are staying in. Should be fun! Haven't been swimming in years. Our complex has a pool but it is very small and always very crowded so I don't bother going there.

Teacher Tammy...I am so happy you finally made it to the Beach girlfriend! I get to go back at the end of Sept. and I can't wait. I feel blessed to be able to go at least twice a year.
The water at our Beaches are very blue/green and clean compared to the picture you showed in Texas. Do people swim in those waters? We have terrible rip-tides that you have to be careful of and sneaker waves that can carry you out or hit you with a tree stump and roll on top of you which is also very dangerous. People get killed on our Beaches every year which is so sad! But we still wade out to our wastes and people still surf in diving suits as our waters are so cold. Probably the Texas Ocean Water was warmer. ~ I can hardly believe that you are already going back to the classroom everyday. You have really not had much of a summer girlfriend.

Alright girlies...I will probably take my laptop with me so will check in along the way sometime. Stay COOL! and enjoy the summer...before long we all will be complaining about
cold weather. Especially if it goes as fast as Summer is!

Well, hubby just came out and changed our plans and so we are off to Tacoma today. Better get packing girls.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 27 2016 12:18:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  9:06:31 PM  Show Profile
Wow Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about Larry's condition! I know he has had balance issues and mood swings(if you can call them that) but... wow...I had no idea he was so bad. I'm just shocked. Stunned.
Big((((huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs)))Girlfriend! May God be with you on your trip AND throughout this ordeal! WOW!
Sorry, that's all I can say!
So glad you get to see Daniel and all that entails!
"Dear God, be with this family and give them traveling mercies and help them together in this situation they are in. Give Larry and Peg the right words to speak when they tell the kids. Let Your love surround them and be as a healing balm to their hearts and souls. Help them as they visit Pegs mom too. You know how stressful that visit always is. Please give Peg the anointing she needs to get through ALL of This!! All of these things I ask in Your Blessed, Holy Name! AMEN!"

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2016 :  10:14:09 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy...what a Beautiful Prayer...thank you so much!!! I always feel so loved when I know people are praying for me. So, thanks sweet sister. My husband is talking like he is going to die tomorrow and I am telling him that he isn't. Last night he made me promise that if he has a debilitating stroke that I won't try to care for him at home...because he is a big guy and knows I wouldn't be able to move him etc. I figure if he has been dealing with this for 8 years...that he probably isn't going to die tomorrow. I appreciate the fact he wants to have the hard discussions but...I'm not ready for that kind of thinking. Not yet anyway.

Well we got to our Motel here in Tacoma and lets just say I am glad we are here only one night. It isn't the greatest but
the beds are clean, the shower was great...and we are leaving at 9:30 am. My husband and I
had a very nice drive here. It was beautiful. Warm outside but nice in our SUV rental. Brand new Red SUV with only 200 miles on it. Ended up boarding the dog with our new Vet...the Car Rental Place would not allow pets in their cars. Can't say I really blame them.
OK, I'm ready to read for awhile before I sleep. Again...thanks Judy for the beautiful prayer.

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  09:32:16 AM  Show Profile
Okay, to help some of you understand what a toothbrush needle looks like here's a picture of the last wooden one I bought off Etsy that I like so much.

Aren't they beautiful! The first one I bought was longer and wider then these. Now the original toothbrush needles were done by breaking the brush portion off the toothbrush and filing the broken end to a rounded point and using the hole to put the fabric through. I'm going to make some coasters for my living room maybe over my vacation next weekend so I'll try to take a couple pics to help visualize it for you.

Peggy - Glad they're going to allow your stepson to see his mother. Sometimes they don't allow it no matter how critical the family member is. So sorry to hear about your hubby. That's got to be rough. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I'm having electronic issues also. Decided to upgrade my software on my tablet and it froze up and now won't work. Talked with Samsung and they said I need to send it into a service center. I wonder if it's worth bothering or if I should just save up for another one. Frustrating as I typically take my tablet on vacation with me and now I won't be able to use it for checking emails, reading Kindle books or anything. Granted I still have my ancient Kindle I can use to read on but it's so small compared to my 10" tablet.

Judy - waking up to 80 anything degrees is too hot for me LOL Alaska here I come LOL I complain about waking up to 70's. It dropped into the 60's last night so I turned the air off to give it a break and opened the windows. Didn't get as cool as I'd hoped in the bedroom but it was okay to sleep in. Matt and I are opposites on bedroom temp. In the winter he likes it warm enough to only need a light blanket/coverlet while I love it cold with a down comforter. Thankfully the hottest weather should be over here and temps will start to drop more at night.

Woke up to a partially cloudy sky with the sun peeping out. We've had so much rain lately that I'm hoping it will be clear today. The temp thankfully dropped enough I was able to take the furkids for a walk last night. I haven't been able to walk them in probably close to 2 weeks, it's just been too hot. I'm looking forward to going to northern MN next weekend for our annual trip and enjoying cooler temps and hanging at the lake. I'm seriously needing some down time.

****Reminder - if you lose your post hit CTRL Z and it will bring back the post or undo the last thing you did. You have to hit the CTRL button and Z button at the same time ****

Well, I'm going to find a book or something to do while I'm waiting for the helpdesk to figure out what's wrong with my work computer. Have a fun and safe day everybody!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Prairie Critter Pet Sitter
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  10:47:42 AM  Show Profile
Just saying ...I love the wooden needles I ordered from the same place PGTammy gets hers!
When we made ours for the 4-H kids we found the old style tooth brushes at Dollar Tree. They already had the hole in the handle. Then we sawed them off to the appropriate length and sanded them to a nice rounded point. We let the kids keep them; but I'm sure we have a couple around here.

Peggy, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH's struggles and your's. I never would have guessed, since you keep topics pretty light! I certainly will pray for you two and your family. Hugs!

Judy, your prayer is perfect! I love the prayers that just talk with our God!

Welcome to the porch, Brenda! I you are on it more often than I am.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  11:38:13 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon ladies,
Working from home this afternoon. Had a tutoring session this morning and then son came to get me as hubby has my car today so no staying in classroom to work. But that is ok.

Peggy I am praying for you and Daniel. I am so glad he gets to have a bit of freedom. I loved the beach. The beach were at was in Galvaston and is a bit mucky this year due to the floods they had from rain earlier in summer. It is usually much clearer but the rains and floods really mucked it up. The further south you go it is blue and clear. Yes you can swim unless they have the flags up for riptides or high surf. I did watch a guy surf and laughed I would fall right off...lol and be washed away I am sure. I can't wait to go back and spend a bit more time.

Judy it is cool here today too and I am loving it. Got a lovely walk in.

well gals I guess that is it for now.
love and blessings,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2016 :  10:55:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...laying on my bed in the Hotel Room in Spokane tonight. We were half an
hour late to get Daniel this morning only because we got lost in Tacoma. Hubby had been to the Prison one time and thought he knew right how to get back there. This is the kind of stuff that happens with his brain now. He should know...but doesn't. Once we remembered to use the
GPS on our phones we got right there. That is what happens when you have lived in one area for 1/2 your life and know it so well that you never have to use GPS...then when you really need it you forget you have that capability. But we finally made it and low and behold Daniel was just standing out front in the sunshine waiting for us. This whole thing has just been
a miracle. And once he gets back there and proves he wasn't a flight risk he will become
eligible for future furloughs. I almost didn't recognize him because he hasn't been shaving
in the prison...so he has a long scraggly beard...which makes him look like a Mt. Man. They gave him Civilian Clothes to wear but they were about 3 sizes too big. So we stopped at a WalMart and got him clothes that fit. Though he will have to wear the same baggy clothes back in to the Prison on Sat. night. And he won't be able to take the new clothes in with him or any money either. He gets to be with his family like I mentioned last night. We are all happy just to get to hug on him and love him out of that Jail. What a huge blessing this is for all of us. Daniel went up to the Hospital this evening to see his mom. I haven't heard yet how it went but I'm so glad that he could see her. She may or may not pull through all this...only The Lord knows. But she is still in critical condition.

Going to spend the day with my mom tomorrow. Pray for me. She was in quite the mood when I talked to her earlier. I would just love a nice pleasant low-key day with her. I will be my
sweet good natured self and pray for the best.

Prairie Tammy...good to know how the Toothbrush Needles got their name. So they are just like a shuttle or scuttle for weaving right? I have heard it called both things. Those wooden ones are so pretty. I love wooden knitting needles too. I have some really pretty ones. ~ Haven't gotten my 10,000 steps in for the last two days. Kind of hard with having to sit in a car for hours on end. Yesterday I only got 5,000 something and today only 4,105. But back side hurts and I miss my walks.

Judith...I try to keep things light on purpose but there are times when you just really need and covet additional prayers and this is one of those times. So, thank you ALL for keeping our circumstances in your prayers. My husband fell last night in the bathroom, and then today getting out of the car and then almost again tonight in the Motel room. He caught himself and remained up right. It is scary to watch...let me tell you.

Teacher Tammy...that makes more sense that the water was mucky from the rains and storms. I
would hate to think the water was always like that. But one time when I saw the Mississippi River it was dirty like that and people told me that it always looked like that. I thought to myself how awful that would be to be around dirty water. I wouldn't want to swim in it or even wade in it. That is probably just me. I like "Clean"!! LOL

I guess I better go check out face book before I turn in for the night.
Love you My Porchies...thanks for all the prayers and good thoughts.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlquilting
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Angie
Ft Meade FL
79 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  01:54:09 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning Porchies!
Wow what a busy day ahead - dinner on the grounds at church, special community church service tonight, and I have a quilt waiting to be quilted for a customer. But then again never a slow moment on the farm. Sorry I haven't been on this week, but work has been supper busy. The late summer garden is growing like crazy! Hoping it turns out well. The only part that concerns me is that it will probably come in about the time I have to leave for a quilt class in Utah! Not sure how much of it I will get to can! My timing was a little off! All the rain we have been having sure has helped it. I have to share with you all about my super good find this weekend- Fri. I had to go to interview teachers about an hour and half from home. A friend called to tell my about an Estate sale that was less than 15 min. form my house- they key is they had all kinds of sewing stuff. I couldn't go so my hubby went for me (yes he is a keeper), but didn't buy anything because another lady there told him the prices were too high. My BFF and I went back on Sat. because she had been told that everything would be 1/2 off- fabric was $1.50 a yard- big spools of Maxi Lock thread was $1.50- I bought a ton of stuff and let the company know that if the owner decided to sell all that was left in a bulk deal I might be interested. Crossing my fingers they give me a call.

Brenda- so glad you had a great visit with the boys. Hopefully this next week will give you some rest time!

Peggy- do you live near Tacoma? That is where our son is stationed. We try and go out once a year- probably wont be out again till March, but maybe we could meet up! That would be fun! Praying for your husband and praying that your visit went well for your son. Peggy not only have I made dish cloths- but I also knitted a simple scarf!! Love it!!!!

PTammy-Toothbrush rugs- I went to a class at my fav quilt store last fall and loved it. Went to the local goodwill and bought lots of old sheets- ripped them into strips and even found some to match my living room furniture. Since then I have hijacked it for my quilting studio. The class I took had a pattern and came with a metal hook. Easy and lots of fun. Love the look of the wooden needles.

Judy I understand the heat. It has been horrible hear in FL during the middle of the day- the only thing that helps in the evening is the afternoon rain- or I should say Thunderstorms! The lightning has been terrible this year.

Teacher Tammy- Maybe I missed this, but where do you teach? I am a Principal for Florida Virtual school- worked in the Brick and Mortar schools for 20 years and then switched over. Brenda is a retired teacher- so feel free to reach out to us on those crazy hectic days- we can both understand the struggles. Praying you have an awesome year!

Well I better get off of here and get busy! So thankful I have found this group! Such inspiration from all of y'all!

Angie

Angie Gordon
#6966 FGOTM June 2016
farmgirlquilting@gmail.com
http://farmgirlquilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2016 :  12:48:44 PM  Show Profile
Angie....I can tell that you are one busy Lady and you thrive on it! People like you...have
the most interesting lives...and are usually very colorful, vibrant and enthusiastic souls.
You know how to Live Large, generate fun and pull other people into it with you. I use to be
just like that until I came down with Fibromyalgia/Chronic Fatigue...but I still love to live
on the wild side when I can. I create my own fun and entertainment. I occasionally have purple put in my hair, I have put eye-lashes on my VW Bug, and I love to be silly, crazy, and zany with my kids and grandkids and I got a Tattoo in my early 50's. A Christian one that I designed. A Purple Cross with a Red Heart in the Center. Yup, I believe God created LIFE to be enjoyed to the fullest...and I plan to leave this World...all used up!!! So, I say to you my New Friend...YOU GO GIRL!!! ~ I live about 2 1/2 hours from Tacoma. So, maybe we can get
together in March or whenever you make a visit to see your son.

Ok Girls...a Huge Thanks for ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!! Our Trip went very well indeed and God's hand was over everything revolving around this trip. We had a Wonderful visit with my step-son. My hubby even had a good visit with his ex and her husband and 2 of his grandkids while I spent the day with my Mom. And she and I had a good visit. She was in a good mood (for her) and we went to breakfast together, we visited the Senior Center together that she is involved
in (I think she just wanted to show me off to her friends LOL!) and then we went to the Christian Book Store in Spokane together, Grocery Shopping and then by then it was 100 degrees out and her asthma was kicking in and so we went home and just sat and visited for
a few hours. My sweet husband brought her a dozen Roses when he came to pick me up. I figured those would be the least likely to affect her asthma...as he called and asked me what kind
to get her. He got a beautiful mix of colors. They were stunning! So, all of that was answered prayer too. Our trip home took 11 hours from Spokane, back to Tacoma and then back to Vancouver. We made one stop that was an hour long at a Wonderful Fruit Stand that also had
an Antique Shop above it. And Yes, we had to go to both! LOL I bought some good tasting
Cherries, a huge tomato (the size of a small saucer) a huge avocado, and 2 jars of BBQ Sauce for my youngest son. He will love them. After we got Daniel and Family to Tacoma we split from them and headed home. But made a Dinner Stop at our favorite Fish Place in Tacoma...Ivars
Restaurant. They have 3 different types of Award Winning Clam Chowder and the best Fish and Chips Ever! So, we pulled in at Home around 11:00 pm. Once I hit the bed I was out like a
light. Trips like that, no matter how good & fun wear me out. We traveled 1,000 miles in 3 days. ~ Another answered prayer was the day we got Daniel to Spokane to see his Adoptive Mom...she had made a miraculous recovery and was home. Once they did the quad-by pass...her kidneys started functioning again and they were able to take her off dialysis. The surgeon did tell her that even with the by passes...her heart is NOT in very good shape. But if the
Prison had known she was release from the Hospital Daniel would never had been allowed out.
As it is...he is the first prisoner ever granted an Emergency Furlough from that Prison...
and since he got back to the Prison on Time...he will be eligible for future NON Emergency Furloughs. And since his wife and daughter have never been allowed visiting rights in to see him...this gave them 2 full days and nights together. Can't you just see God's Fingerprints ALL over this Set of Circumstances???? Larry's and My Hearts are just FUll to Overflowing with God's Love, Mercies and Grace! ONLY GOD could have Orchestrated all of this. Even our Son said, "This is a True Miracle!"

Larry fell 3 times on this trip and very close to a 4th time. The last time he hit his head hard on the AC Unit in our Motel Room And got a huge Egg Size Bump on the back of his head. I put cold compresses on it and we finally got back to sleep. It was a good thing I went on this trip with him. We had a good time together...but his memory and the falling are just so
out of control.

Well girlies, that is all my news. Again Thank You for All the Prayers.

Love and Joy In Jesus,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  3:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!!! I decided to come take a break on the porch from the craziness we call life :) We moved on to base housing the end of June, just in time for me to get mono!!! It has been a long month fighting it!!! I'm starting to feel a little more alive! Emi had salmonella poisoning (we are guessing from her siblings playing with the lizards and toads here) and Ben has had cellulitis in his right hand. On a high note, taking Emi off of dairy has helped tremendously - In the last month she has gained over 5 pounds and went from being unable to sit on her own, to sitting, crawling, and pulling up - all in a month!!! I have been trying to go through things here to get ready for the big "across the country" move.... looks like we are heading that way in September :)

I haven't caught up on all I have missed, but please know I have been praying for all my porch buddies!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  6:24:33 PM  Show Profile
Shannon, I am so glad you feel well enough to update us! You have definitely been on our minds and in our prayers! Mono! Oh, great! Wonderful news about Emi!!!
I'm so happy for your family's big move!!!!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2016 :  9:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Shannon.....so glad to hear some good news on your front!! E-mail me your new address so I can send your tea package! :)

Peggy.....so hubby is having troubles, but what a nice trip you all got to have. So glad Daniel was able to see his family and all went well.

Glad to see y'all have been receiving and enjoying your teas. It is always a fun way to be creative!!

My best to all,
Mel
Farmgirl #1463
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Goddesses of the Iris
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  05:44:39 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone! I read through all the posts to catch up but not much of it sunk in. I'm super tired. We started decorating for VBS this week and then next week we do VBS. It is exciting but also exhausting. It is all coming together and I have some very dedicated volunteers so it will turn out well I think. Then the week after that I have an orientation meeting for our homeschool program and it begins the following week. I'm almost finished preparing for that. It isn't hard to run once it is going but a lot of work preparing for it in the summer.

We finally got our assignment. We are going to Ft Riley Kansas. That is where we wanted to begin with but at first they told up no. I pressed the issue and finally got them to change that decision. Now we are just working out the timing of it around baby. If all goes well we will all be moving in November but if it doesn't go so well the kids and I will leave in Nov but Dustin may have to come later and just hope he gets there by the time baby arrives.

Shannon-glad to see you check in. Sorry everyone has been having so many health problems. I really hope that all lets up soon and you all get a break from accidents and illnesses!!! Will be praying for you as you prepare to move.

Peggy-I'm so glad things worked out for your son to get the time to visit his mom and family. Hopefully the situation improves for him overall now. He sure hasn't seemed to catch much of a break up until this point.

Well I have to go get supper prepped and in the oven and take care of some other things while I have a few minutes in between VBS stuff.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  07:35:28 AM  Show Profile
Yay! and Happy Dance, Sabrina! Kansas! I'm so happy for you and your family!

Now, try not to wear yourself out!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  10:51:30 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Shannon...so glad to have you back on The Porch. We have all been worried about you and praying
that all was fine. Hope everyone gets over their illnesses and your life can settle down for
awhile. Did you tell us where you are moving to across country? If you did I missed it some how.
September will be here before you know it. I can't believe it is August already! Wow time flies!

Sabrina...Woot Woot Woot!!! Kansas...that is Awesome! So very Happy for you girl!!! I bet you
are doing the Pregnant Happy Dance!!! *giggle* Happy Dances always look a bit different when you are pregnant. LOL! ~ Yes, God was all over this Emergency Furlough for Daniel and all the Joy and Miraculous just splashed on to all of us. I was just having my Devotional time this morning and still feeling so Blessed and Amazed at how God Orchestrated everything. And then to
find out that Daniel and all the Other Prisoners that were suppose to be in Prison Camps not
in full blown Federal Prison...they made a Special Pod for all 100 guys...and they have special
privileges that the hardened prisoners don't get. And Daniel actually likes the guards there better than the ones at Sheridan Camp. He said these guards are nicer and more respectful of the
Prison Camp Guys knowing that they are not violent offenders but white collar crime offenders.
And I know that God is still working behind the scenes to get Daniel on Home Release or out of
the Prison System Totally. It is exciting just to watch and wait and see what He is going to
do. If it is anything like last weekend...God is going to Knock Our Socks Off...as only He can do.

Mel...yes, my husband is having troubles with his cognitive function, balance etc. What has
happened is the right side of his brain is dying for some reason. The part that has already died
off affects his personality,emotions, and balance. So we are facing some real challenges here
but God will walk us through all of this...one step at a time! The worst part for me is his Anger Flares...as that is not my husband. But after about a half an hour he will come back to me
and apologize for his out burst and reassure me that it is him and not me. That goes a very long way in me coping with this...and Not taking it personally. I told him yesterday how much
I appreciate him realizing that and apologizing to me. So, as long as we can keep open and
honest communication like that...we will survive all this.

Judith...are you and hubby making any more trips in the near future? I love the fact that you
are on The Porch more...but would love to hear what you are up to also. You are a Great Encourager of Others but you rarely share what is going on in your life and believe me...we want
to be your cheerleader too.

Judy...are you and Patsy together now? If I remember right she was suppose to come last Friday
right? I hope you two are doing some Wild & Crazy Fun things to share with us all. I know there is always excitement when you two get together. Don't wear poor Dave out driving you over
hill and dale. LOL

Ok...waiting for UPS to deliver my new AC...the old one kept dripping water all over my bedroom
carpet. NOT good!!! I guess I won't get to walk until tonight but that will be ok too. It is
good to change it up once in awhile. Except the dog keeps looking at me like..."Aren't you forgetting something Mom?" *giggle*

More Later My Lovelies...have a fabulous day!! <3

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2016 :  3:38:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! Yes, Pasty came Friday but it's been so hot and humid that we haven't done much yet...BUT...we have lots of time to 'get goody!' We won't let you down Peg! Plans are in the works! Dave is still hacking... so we just leave him alone. He did take us to Hartville flea market yesterday and to eat at the Amish kitchen there. Love their food.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2016 :  04:29:13 AM  Show Profile
It is pretty quiet around here....

wow it has been a crazy week for me. We have been decorating for VBS all week. It is really looking good and I'm so relieved how it is coming together. Thankfully a very creative and capable lady volunteered to sort of head up the decorating. I can pull of just about any sort of craft but coming up with decorating ideas is not my gift. We are done with everything except the stuff we can't really do until monday right before VBS starts. Since so many different services use the chapel we can't do too much to certain areas until after Sunday. Well Wed I fell down two steps while decorating. I thought I was on the last step but there was one more step so I took a step that was too big and there wasn't floor where I expected there to be. I was holding Dan at the time too so I lost my balance and twisted up my ankles pretty bad trying to catch myself. I got Dan set down and was able to avoid doing anything that could put the baby at risk but my legs were a mess. After just a couple minutes my ankles stopped throbbing and felt ok so I kept decorating-although moving a little slower. A couple hours later my ankles and one shin (apparently I bumped it somehow although I don't remember doing it) started letting me know I was over doing it. So I got everyone loaded up and got home and propped the worse leg in a chair and put ice on my shin. It just got worse and worse through the evening to where I couldn't really walk very well. I was starting to get worried I had broken something. Luckily the next morning everything felt much better. I'm still moving pretty slow, especially getting up and down the stairs, but the pain is almost completely gone now. Yesterday during decorating I just sat and cut things out and let everyone else handle the other stuff. Then today I was able to move around but we didn't have much left to do. Tomorrow I have no plans and Sunday only church so I'm going to take it VERY easy this weekend and keep my feet up so I will hopefully be all ready monday when VBS starts.

As if that wasn't enough excitement for one week yesterday as I'm getting out of the shower I hear my oldest SCREAM in a very odd way. Then I hear "a mouse a mouse." There was a mouse in the curtain (half curtain) on the kitchen! How it got up there (let alone in my house) I can't figure out! Ewww that sort of thing really bothers me. So I threw the cat in the kitchen and closed the door and we left to head to the chapel. When we got home the mouse was gone. When hubby got home he pulled out the fridge and oven to check and clean and cleaned off all the counters and didn't see it anywhere. We didn't find any evidence it had gotten into any food in the cabinets. He set some traps but they weren't touched this morning. He thinks the cat got it but I think if that were the case there would be some sort of evidence. We have been cleaning as we go but will be deep cleaning the kitchen this weekend. I personally think it came in a basement window hubby left open and made its way up to the kitchen but he thinks the back door must have been left open and it got in that way. Either way we will be more careful about keeping those things closed!!

Hope you ladies have had a good week.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlquilting
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Angie
Ft Meade FL
79 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2016 :  02:21:06 AM  Show Profile
GM everyone-

It seems like the last few weeks I only have time to come to the porch and drink my coffee on the weekends. Work has been super busy!

Last night I finished quilting a quilt that my great Aunt had done. Her machine messed up so she asked me if I would quilt it after she got the top finished! I felt so honored I wanted to shout it from the roof tops. I will post a pic later today once I get it trimmed. My goal this weekend is to clean my house (stays pretty clean with just the 2 of us) and then spend the rest of the day in my quilt studio. Getting super excited about my trip to Utah in September to attend 2 Handi-Quilter workshops. Are any of you in the Salt Lake City area? Brenda is flying it to join me since the hubby can't go and it would be fun to meet up with some other farm girls.

Peggy- yes busy keeps my mind off our son being gone! Really busy is all I have ever known... now sure what I would do without some kind of hectic schedule. Hope Larry is doing good this week! Still praying for Daniel-- I believe that GOD is working behind the scenes to do great things through Daniel and his story-- never know what GOD has in store.

Sabrina- where are you all stationed? Our son is at JBLM in Tacoma WA. So far from home! Hard to believe that in just a few short weeks he will celebrate another birthday without us! Praying it all works out for you all to make the move to Ft Riley together. As for the mouse- those things happen. When you live in the country your whole life you learn that is part of the package! But I agree they are still GROSS!

Shannon- Don't think I have met you on the porch yet. I only found this awesome group a few weeks ago. Hope everyone gets better soon! Sickness floating throughout the house is never fun. Where are you all stationed?

Judy- I am guessing that you are in Ohio Amish country? We were supposed to go thru Ohio Amish country this summer but it fell during Sam's leave time so we cancelled the trip. Hoping for next summer. So in Oct. we are going to 2 car shows in PA and because of that I get several days in PA Amish country. I love all of the fabric stores and the handmade quilt stores! Hope you and Patsy have a great visit.

Well I am done with my coffee, so I better get off the porch and get the house cleaned so I can spend some time QUILTING today!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Angie Gordon
#6966 FGOTM June 2016
farmgirlquilting@gmail.com
http://farmgirlquilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page