Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2016 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed SonDay to all! We are getting a reprieve from the 90's heat just now. So glad we don't ever have to suffer for more than a few days in a row but what God throws in a low to mid 80's. Dave is still hacking his lungs out, Said his ribs hurt. Poor feller. Maybe I should give him my rib back. At least it doesn't hurt. Hahaha He said it's a viral infection. It's just now starting to loosen up. At least by Christmas it'll be a vague memory, right? *giggle*
Peg, that cake was de-liiish!!! Thank you Buddy, for that. It was just what I was craving. And the sweet tea washed it down beautifully, Angie! Being in N.E.Ohio we spend a lot of time in Amish country. That slower pace just rests my soul! And we have a few settlements around here to spend time.
Well, that's it for me. Time to do some(R&R), reading and resting. My recliner is calling me for a nap too.
Later Porch-Buds! Love yuns bunches!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"Give a weed an inch and it'll take a yard!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2016 :  11:23:23 AM  Show Profile
Hi Angie, thanks for the prayers! I can imagine how you feel they are even worse with the soldiers than with family members (mostly because we CAN seek outside help if we really get desperate but they don't have any choice).

Peggy I love the wreath!! Oh we could go to civilian docs and pay completely out of pocket too....but we also have the option of switching to the insurance with more choices so that is at least something.

Brenda-nice to "meet" you. Sounds like a blast for you and Angie to get to hang out and craft!!

Tammy-have a wonderful trip!!

Well everyone......I can tell you now, we are expecting #5!!! It was a pretty big surprise and I'm due in mid-January which wasn't exactly the most convenient time since we were supposed to be moving in mid Feb. This is why we have been trying to move it up until November. I can't fly after December 8th so we need to leave here in Nov. Still working on all the various logistics of that but it definitely complicated things a bit. Not to mention having to figure out switching providers at 30+ weeks and figuring out where I'll have this baby (the last was at home and I don't know if that will be an option again and going to a hospital makes me very nervous!). That is also why I have been so tired and not feeling great-which makes it hard to get things done-which makes me frustrated!!! I am finally starting to feel better-I'll be 13 weeks on wed so moving into 2nd trimester. Although I fought a headache all weekend. It never got to the migraine stage but was enough to make it hard to do much of anything, plus it aggravated my nausea. I also haven't been sleeping well the last week with all the stress of wondering where we will move and how everything will work out. I'm trying to let go and just go with the flow but that is sooooo not my personality!! At least today I felt decent and got caught up on some stuff so hopefully I have at least a couple more days like today this week!

Well I feel like I've been pretty productive so I think I'll go read for a bit. I've been re-reading Harry Potter since my oldest read them all and it has been so long I can't remember enough to discuss with her. Oh as far as reading I also recently read The Awakening of Miss Prim because it was recommended by other homeschool moms. It was very good I highly recommend it. I think it is fairly new but I could be wrong about that. I want to create the kind of community in the book if only I knew how!!

Ok going to go relax I'll check back soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  07:28:02 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. No work AGAIN this morning. Weather here has been crazy! We've had so much rain that building a houseboat is becoming a serious consideration. Matt watched continuous lightening for over 3 hours Sunday night. We were under a ton of advisories and warnings. Electricity has been going out. I haven't seen storms this bad since we've moved here. We were blessed that no damage occurred but my friend on the other side of town had her huge oak tree uprooted and it landed partially on her roof. The paper showed a camper flipped over and several buildings flattened.

I've been working on trying to finish up some WIP so I can start some new ones. Finally finished my rug. I'm almost finished with the knitted socks I was working on and just need to finish up the toe on the last one to complete it. I plan to do that if I don't get some work soon.

Business has been steady, which is exciting! The local rescue took in 64 rescue dogs recently so I decided to donate 10% of anything booked in July towards helping them and that's significantly picked up traffic on my facebook page. I have a dog today and tomorrow and I need to return a call about taking care of a dog next week. Slow and steady, which is what I prefer :O)

Our dryer is about dead :O( It's not in the budget right now to replace it so I've been making do. I can typically get about 20 minutes of drying in before it starts acting like it's dying so I have to pace each load or dry for one 20 minute cycle and hang on my portable wooden dryer racks to finish. Needless to say I'm majorly backed on on laundry right now. I have been taking the sheets down to the clothes line at the apartments and using their clotheslines to dry but Matt doesn't think I should. They're owned by the same company we rent our lot from so I don't see a problem with it. It's not like anybody there uses them.

I went thrift storing this past weekend and got a bunch of great deals. I've been wanting more donut pans and found 2 mini donut pans for 99c each! I found a bunch of books and a couple kitchen items I've been wanting. Matt got the best find though at the rummage sale we went to. He found a comforter and a set of matching pillow covers with canoes, moose, etc on them that will be perfect for our camper for $5 for the whole set.

Well time for our morning call-in meeting so I need to go. Take care and have a wonderful day!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  09:47:38 AM  Show Profile
PGTammy, I love your rug!! Still envy your easel. Though I'm not supposed to envy. Sounds like a blast thrifting!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  12:51:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...Saw Tea Lady Tammy on FB at The Beach...so she finally made it!!! The water looked muddy so they must have just had a storm there and the Beach Picture showed big rugged rocks not sandy beaches. I don't know if that is normal terrain for the Texas Coastline or not. Looked sort of like Main's Beaches.I hope she got a good long visit there...as she was so wanting Beach time. I can really relate to that. It feeds the Soul!

Prairie Tammy...Love your rug!!! Sounds like you are really getting bad storms! This has just been the
craziest Summer Weather Everywhere. Today really feels like summer here but is only suppose to last until
Friday Night and then back to mid to low 70's with occasional rain. My husband loves that kind of weather
me not so much. Those systems coming in and going out daily...really mess with my Fibro. ~ What books are
you reading now? I am reading the Aurora Teagarden Mysteries (really enjoying them) and then listening to
the Mollie Murphy Mysteries while I walk. I really Love these books!!! The stories are so well developed.

Judy...did Patsy make it to visit yet? How is Dave doing? ~ Guess what? I am finally getting a new laptop.
Should be here tomorrow! Yahoo!!! You know how much trouble I have had with this Ancient One! Hubby surprised me with it....and gee, it isn't even my Birthday! LOL He will probably say that it is my Sept
Anniversary Gift. LOL That is fine with me!! I got in on the Amazon Christmas in July Sale this week at
got a Paper White Kindle (the only one you can read in the sun light) for 87.00. Which made me very happy!
My Kindle Fire that I paid 225.00 for was on sale for 33.00. Now that was a steal!!! I guess the last two years that they have done this Christmas in July Sale they did better than all their Christmas Sales in Dec.

Sabrina...Congratulations on the Baby!!! I kind of figured that was your News! You are a brave woman raising 5 kids. I thought three was a challenge most days. Can you do another Home Delivery or will
you have to go to a Hospital? Does the Mother's age make the determining factor? I always thought a
Water Delivery would be cool. But also though it could be rather messy...so never went there with my
last one.

I just got back from having my hair cut again and getting more purple put in it. Then I went and ordered
a second pair of glasses. It was on the two for one at America's Best...but couldn't decide what I wanted as a second pair when I got the first ones. So, they gave me a month to come back and decide and so since
my first pair are red and black frames...I went back and got purple and black. That way I will have a
second pair in case my grandson breaks these. We are always doing Star Wars Light Saber Fights and The Force isn't always with me! LOL Last time he whacked me in the face twice both times hitting my new glasses. So, better to be safe than sorry right?

OK...I have my crafting group tonight. Better to catch a few winks (a nap) as I have been pretty busy since 8:00 this morning.

Hope Everyone is Having Some Summer FUN,
xoxo Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2016 :  3:50:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals, We had a really rough electrical storm last night around 11pm. Hubby was in bed and we heard the lightening hit a transformer. It's the weirdest booming-buzzing sound ya ever heard. It did it twice and the power went out for a few seconds so he got up and we sat out on the porch and watched the lightening show. The temps dropped from 88 n muggy to 77 with a goose-bumping chill. We sat there for about an hour. Then this morning I heard that transformer boom again... twice. Then the power went out. 3 of us neighbor ladies went out on our porches to see if we could see smoke from it but there wasn't any... this time. It was out about an hour. It was a breezy cool 75 out there though. Glad it wasn't the 95 we had yesterday. It's still nice out. Just started raining softly at 6pm. We've been needing the rain. It's so dry. Suppose to be low 80's for a couple of days before hitting 90 on SonDay... maybe. It's always different than 'they say.' They can never get it right. I told hubby that we may have to break down and get a/c next year. Join the ranks I guess. My neighbor said, she don't know how we stand it. A/C affects my sinuses terribly n Dave just don't like it... period. So as long as we can hold out...We will.
No Peg, I haven't found those tea mysteries Tammy and you are reading. Haven't been to the library. Maybe save those for fall. I'm reading the Texas Boardinghouse Bride trilogy right now by Vickie McDonough. Feisty women, Good-lookin' rancher type men, lots of cooking, sharing, praying and hoping going on. Great read! I'm on the second one. Humor, action, sadness and sometimes wanting to smack somebody... all in one story. Hahaha
Congrats Sabrina! You've got guts and patience, I'll give you that girl!
Tammy love that rug. Like I said before, I really want to try that craft. At least I can stand up to do it.
Still raining here.Down to 73. yaaa!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 14 2016 3:54:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  06:41:28 AM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies. If I can have a homebirth again depends mostly on where we go and if there are any midwives available. We still have no idea where we will end up. Midwives only take a few patients a month to make sure they can make it to all of the births and they tend to fill up fast. I'm already 13 weeks. We will leave here in November and baby is due in Jan. I don't know about patient :). I'm super frustrated with the army and their jerking us around. We are currently trying to fight their refusal to send us to Kansas, hopefully we succeed. I have a headache after all the phone calls I've had to make I think I'll start the chicken for dinner and lay down.

Sabrina

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  12:21:02 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

So, nice to have this new Laptop. I feel very blessed! My old one was such a dinosaur! But you know what they say:
Any thing over 3 years is ancient! And now where most companies bring out there newest products every 6 months instead
of once a year...it is hard to keep up. I can't replace that fast nor do I want to. I do like to replace my phone
every 2 years but my Laptop and Tablets are all together different. I think my Kindle Fire is now considered very
old as they have put out 3 newer models since I bought it but I Love It and I'm in no hurry to replace it. Though I
was shocked that on Prime Day they were selling it for $33.00. I paid $220.00 for it 3 years ago. I did buy a paper-
white Kindle (all black and white no color strictly just for reading) for $87.00 on Prime Day. As it is the only Kindle
that you can read in Sunlight. So, if you are on The Beach, at a Picnic, or even sitting on The Porch...you can still read it despite the sun-glare. I was pleased to get it at the discounted price on Prime Day. OK...enough about electronics.

Sabrina...I am praying that everything works out with your move...more smoothly than you think it will. And now that
you are pregnant again...I hope you can move sooner than later. Flying at 9 months is not good. I did that one time and I am surprised I didn't go into Labor. Now, they flat out tell women NOT to fly in their 9 month. Are you going to find out the sex of the baby..or just wait it out and be surprised?

Judy...Oh, your thunder storm sounded like a good one. I Love to sit out in them (watching from the Porch) when it is
thundering and lightening but we rarely get them here. My husband says that when he was in the Mid-west they were terrifying...but I find that hard to believe. I would love them I'm sure. I like it when they rumble the house and
lightening strikes the yard. I know I'm weird but that's just me. I love the thrill of it! The only time I can ever
remember being freaked out about it was when I was in 4th grade and it scared our dog and he ran away. I was so worried
about him getting hit by lightening because it was striking our yard. The next day my dad found him across town at
our old house. I guess he felt safer there!

Had a lovely weekend...just hung out with my kids and grandkids. Ate lunch out and went to one of the bigger Malls
in Oregon/Clackamas Town Center. My son and DIL bought a few things but all I bought was a bottle of Lemon Grass
Salad Dressing from a Specialty Shop called Oil & Vinegar. I had some on a Salad last night for dinner and it was so
good...I almost licked the bowl when the salad was gone! LOL I also bought Elijah some Pretzel Bites...for a snack.
We ate lunch at a nice Sushi Restaurant right outside the Mall. That is always a treat when I'm with the kids because
my hubby hates anything Seafood...and he would never even try California Sushi...he is a wimp that way. LOL

Well, that is about all for me girls. Not much more excitement other than I did get more purple put in my hair the
other day. I went in for a haircut and they had all their coloring treatments on sale...so I went for it again.
I just wish it lasted longer. I would always keep it in but it is too expensive to do more than a couple times a year.
At least on our income. But I enjoy it while it lasts and it perks up my spirits.

Have a Beautiful Day and Do Something FUN...Summer will be over all to soon!

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  3:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ya'll! Ok I woke up at 5:30, and am still up 'cause it's been a full day. First off, while having my morning devotions, another thunderstorm rolled in and what a racket it made. I had gone around and opened all the windows before having devotions, so I had to go around and shut all South and West ones. It pelted the west side. Dave didn't hear a thing... snored thru it.hahaha Poor sick feller.(I'll get to the "Rest of that Story' in a minute)Lightening must have hit our transformer again, because 1/2 hr after the storm moved on I heard that loud =BOOMBuuuuuz= again and the power went out. Again, I went outside and my neighbor was out there, again, and we decided that they just 'patched' it last week when it blew. I've never heard of a transformer blowing 1/2 hr after the storm passes. What in the world?(My sweet BIL's favorite saying).haha
So it was off about 2 1/2 hr this time. So by then Dave was up and asked why he could hear me talking to the neighbor? He missed the whoooole thing.haha So he got ready and FINALLY went to the Urgent Care here in town and found out that he has acute(awwww)bronchitis, which is what I had a couple of years ago when they put me on an inhaler, as needed, and antibiotics. So poor Patsy can't come till he sucks most of that down and isn't contagious.Ok...she's been here since June 30th and I've seen her once. *SCREAMING & PULLING MY HAIR OUT* I WANT MY SISSY!!!!
So... ya... I've had a day... and I'm tired... but wound at the same time. Sure hope the rest of the evening is 'uneventful!'
*yawn*
Byeeeee!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 18 2016 3:13:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2016 :  4:38:32 PM  Show Profile
Judy...so sorry for both you and Dave. Bronchitis is not FUN! And not seeing your Sissy who is close by must
be so frustrating to no end. Cheer up my darlen friend...Dave can't stay sick too much longer if they gave him
good meds. Hang in there...nothing is by happenstance...every thing is for a reason.

Love and Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  09:14:51 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. It's a gray and dreary morning and it's supposed to get up to 98' by day's end (ugg) I swear I'm going to move to Alaska for the summer if this keeps up. I hate this heat!

I had to rush Tip into the vet again Friday after I noticed blood in his diarrhea. Diagnosis was stress induced colitis triggered by all those storms we had over a 5 day period. More meds. He's feeling a lot better thankfully. I've made the decision to change vets. I tried to get him in with the one I've been going to since we moved here but she left at 2 that afternoon and has no backup after hours even for emergencies. Their suggestion was to try another vet, which I did. The one I went to is the only one in town that has after hours emergency coverage, which with my geriatric crew I think may be needed at some point. Do to abuse, they no longer will see other vet's patients after hours. I honestly connected better with this new vet too. We agreed that the goal is to keep him comfortable and unstressed at this point for the time he has left.

Judith & Judy - I LOVE that easel. It's made those rugs so much easier to do. I also invested in some smaller wooden needles for Amish Toothbrush rugs that work great when finishing up on these. I bought them from CarrollsFarmCrafts on Etsy. It gets so tight the last row or so and these make it so much easier.

Peggy - I agree this weather has been crazy this year. I've been considering getting the Paper White Kindle but I'm not sure it's worth the investment. I typically use my tablet and the Kindle app to read as the screen is bigger but being able to read outside would be awesome. It would give me longer battery life too. I'm currently reading Friends, Lovers, Chocolate by Alexander McCall Smith (An Isabel Dalhousie Mystery). I'm almost 1/2 way through the book and still haven't gotten to what the mystery is. I'll see how it finishes up. On Audible I've been listening to Brother Cadfael Mysteries by Ellis Peters, currently St. Peter's Fair. I loved watching these on PBS years ago.

Sabrina - congrats on the baby. Sorry to hear the Army is being a pain but it's typical with them any more.

Judy - Sorry to hear about Dave being sick. I've had bronchitis so many times and it's not fun. Lots and lots of liquids. Vicks on chest and back helps too even though it's messy.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/

Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  09:26:39 AM  Show Profile
It is way too hot for actual porch sitting, so I brought some flowers in from my garden to brighten up the office, where I can enjoy a view of the parking lot from my air conditioned oasis :)

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  11:12:57 AM  Show Profile
Hey everyone,
Back from my vacation in Texas. It was the most restful week ever. My hubby and I have decided we will do this again next year and take in a beach further south than we were. Texas has lots of beautiful beaches and more the further south you go. We were at Galvaston which is an island off the Gulf of Mexico. The beach is very brown by the water because the sand is a deep brown. It really is quite beautiful. I went out on a rock pier and just let the breezes, salt air, and water wash over me. I will never forget the sound of the ocean. We also went to Kemah Boardwalk and learned about oysters that are harvested and turtles they are trying to save. WE walked the boardwalk and took a boat ride into the gulf at sunset. It was beautiful. We did have to be careful about how far in the water we went as they have had some issues with bacteria from the floods earlier. I walked the beach and found beautiful shells to bring home along with some sand. I can go the beach anytime that way.

Came home to a basement that needed work since it rained so hard and we had water in it while we were gone. But we are back to normal. It is very hot here. WE are under excessive heat warnings through Friday should have brought the beach with me home.lol

School is less than a month away and I am trying to get moving but I am still in vacation mode. So hopefully will get going so I am ready to go. I am going to have about the same number of kiddos but I am team teaching more and mentoring a new first year teacher. Should be a very interesting year.

well I am off to fold some laundry and get something done.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  1:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Rachel, did you bring in at least 1 ant or a bee? It ain't 'Porch Sitting' without at least 1 ant or bee with your posies! hahahaha
Hi Gals! Dave is still hacking and wheezing. Poor 'ole feller has been off for 4 days and not dome much of anything. He hasn't seen him Mum in 3 weeks. Can't go around her cause she has a weakened immune system from Myasthenia Gravis disease. It scares me because when Pasty, Jim and I were all sick while Mama was in her last phase of lymphoma, that's when she took a turn for the worse and we couldn't go in to the nursing home because they told us not to. After all, they didn't want the crud we had all around that place with all their other problems.... and Mama chose to die right then. Luckily they called us to go in the night before because they knew she was going and it didn't matter if we were sick...We just needed to be with her. You think about things like that when other elderly parents with health issues can't see their kids because they're sick too. *sigh*
Prairie Tammy, I have been greasing Dave with Vicks. Greased him up so good...and slide him into bed!!! hahaha
We are having a nice dry, 87 degree day today. It's nice to not be humid for a change. Last night it turned so cold so fast that we got chilled sitting out on the porch. It was dry yesterday too. When I went to bed I had to put 2 blankets on. Crazy huh? I'm enjoying it though because it's going to be around 100 Sunday n Monday!!! Accccckkkkkkk!!!!!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 20 2016 1:30:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2016 :  7:20:33 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Oh, what a great day! I woke up at 6:00 but had my alarm set for 8:30 so tried to go back to
sleep but all I did was lay there thinking about what I needed to do before I walked and Before
Elijah came to play with Grandma today. So...I got up mopped the kitchen floor and vacuumed the
living room. Then I went on my walk and got back home and had 40 minutes for a nap before he
DH but I sat down and fell asleep. I guess 4 hours of a 3 year old did me in. He is high
energy but so much FUN! ~ I got a phone call that my second pair of glasses were done so I walked over to pick them up and they had made them so dark that they looked like sunglasses. So,
I left them and they are going to try to lighten them overnight. I had wanted them tinted by
geesh! ~ Also, my new laptop (which I was loving) blipped to a total black screen and would never reboot again. So it is going back and I hope the replacement doesn't have the same
problems. Me and computers...I do have issues with them. LOL

Judy...so glad Dave is getting better!! I laughed at the vision of your man sliding into his bed all greased up looking like a pig on a spit! LOL You are so FUNNY!! You are also so right about being around older people when you are sick. NOT GOOD! Wish I could get my kids to under-stand that. As I age I don't want them around with colds/flu/bronchitis or what have you.
Because we always get what they have. Grrr!!!

Hubby wants me to go look at a car. So, I will go for now and be back later.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 21 2016 11:26:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

rachelbee
True Blue Farmgirl

207 Posts

Rachel
Carmel IN
USA
207 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  1:06:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy- I did bring in a few ants, and today there's pollen all over my desk from the hyssops. Bringing nature inside isn't without its drawbacks!

Rachel, #6992
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2016 :  1:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Mel, for the nice tea package. I've already eaten the candy and can't wait to try the tea and honey.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  12:25:43 PM  Show Profile
Howdy everyone! I've been thinking of you all, but haven't had time to sit on the porch in a while. Mel gave me the perfect reminder today. Thanks for the tea package. They smell wonderful, but it's so hot right now I think I'll wait until this evening to try one :)

Judy - glad to hear you're getting rain with your thunderstorms. It's been super humid here and then we get thunder and lightning, but no rain. It goes north or south of us. Our yard and pasture are brown. We haven't mowed in over a month! I'm wondering if that's why my tomatoes won't ripen. Congrats to you and Patsy on the new addition to your family!

TLTammy - Congrats on your anniversary! My mother in law is a teacher too and she's feeling like you "I just got done - it shouldn't be time to be getting ready to go back already". I don't know where this summer went, but it sure is going fast!

Sabrina - Congrats on the new baby. And lots of prayers for getting back to the states.

Our oldest cow had her baby yesterday (in this ridiculously hot weather!) and it was a heifer :) She's 12 years old and was a week over due. I was sure it would be a bull. I took some pictures but haven't put them on the computer yet. This morning we went to pen the cows up for milking and there was another baby calf in the pasture! A bull this time. We haven't had a calf in a while (only one on milk until these two were born). We have a total of 7 due in the next few weeks (5 more to go) and one due in October then we're all done until next spring.

We had a scare with my husbands grandparents - they were both in the hospital, but God is so good! Grandma was the worst. She had 2 blockages in her intestines and was given 2 options. 1-go home and die a slow and painful death as her intestines died from the blockages or 2- go to Columbus and have surgery to remove the blockages, but more than likely she won't make it through the surgery, but she'd die pain free. It was very hard for everyone. She's full of cancer and has heart problems. She was given 5 years to live 16 years ago. But, God had other plans and the day they were going to transfer her to Columbus the blockages moved through!!! She's now home and doing well. Grandpa has heart and lung issues. He needs oxygen round the clock. The stress and weather were too much for him and he ended up in the hospital the same time as grandma. He's recovered and was released before she was.

Well, I need to get some work done so I better get going. It was so nice to sit a spell. I'll try to come back soon :)
Hugs and prayer for all

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Farmgirlquilting
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Angie
Ft Meade FL
79 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  3:49:36 PM  Show Profile
Good afternoon-
Sorry I haven't posted in a week or so. Busy as a bee around the farm! Late summer garden planted- Cucumbers, Okra, Pumpkins, Tomatoes, and Bell Peppers. My spring garden did not do well so hoping this one will do much better. We have been getting tons of rain and summer rain in FL means lots of lightning. Work has been super busy and we celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary on the 18th.

Peggy- you will be glad to know that since my last post I went and bought yarn- re-taught my self to crochet and finally after a week of trying, ripping out, and trying some more taught myself the basics of knitting. (See pic of 2 dish rags- not the best- but not to shabby for my first time)

Sabrina- Congrats on the baby. Praying you get back to the states and that the ARMY hoops they require you to jump thru go good! My son just got back to post last week and was super excited- he has 2 new SGT's and they are actually fun to be around. (My son's words) I think his promotion to SPC helped!

Heather- praying your husbands GP are still doing well.

Well better go check supper- Chicken and Dumplings! Yummy

Praying everyone has a blessed weekend!

Angie Gordon
#6966 FGOTM June 2016
farmgirlquilting@gmail.com
http://farmgirlquilting.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2016 :  4:42:35 PM  Show Profile

Well, I finally got a new to me car to replace my Bug that I sold. This is a Midnight Blue Ford Taraus.
It is a 2000 and in fabulous condition inside and out for as old as it is. It has a new rebuild motor and
Transmition. It was one of those God Things...we weren't looking...just saving $ for a replacement and DH
Came out of Walgreens the other day and there it was in the Parking Lot. He liked what he saw and called
The guy and he came and got me to test drive it. I loved it!!! At first when hubby told me on the phone it was a Taraus
I thought no...those are big cars. But decided to at least go look at it. It was one of a couple of years that Ford
Made the smaller and sportier...and so I felt very comfortable in it. It was in such good shape that the owner said he
Knew he could have asked 4,000 plus for it...but he had bought it for his son and his son had his heart on a truck.
So, dad didn't need it and just wanted to get rid of it. He turned out to be the coolest Christian guy. Like I said, this was
A God thing from the word go. He only wanted 1,500 for the car...my DH talked him into 1,300 and away I drove!!!
The coolest thing about this guy...his name was Jessie James and he was related to the real James Brothers. He had
Some great stories he shared with us. It was all such a positive car buying experience and was so out of the blue
That we just felt God's hands all over it.

I drove it over to show my son and his family...and I got Elijah's Seal of Approval!!! LOL

I know our Family Car is prepared to give up the ghost any time...so, I pray that my car won't become the
Family Car but know it just might. I am one of those people that keep my car all nice and clean and shiny
And my DH is one that treats his cars like a garbage can. That is why I don't want it to become "Our" Car.
The first thing I had hubby do after we bought it is run it through the car wash and put gas in it for me.

Had a fun day with my kids yesterday...we went out for Breakfast together (my favorite meal out) and then we
Went to Bella Farms and got Fruit and Veggies for Sadie to do some canning. And Elijah enjoyed a small Petting
Zoo there. Goats, Lambs, and pot bellied pigs. And he makes instant friends with all other kids around. He is
Very Non-Shy!

Mel...got your Tea Package yesterday too. What Fun!!! Thank You So Much!!! It has been so delightful to see what
Each Porchie does and her special touches. Everyone is so unique in their approach. And who doesn't LOVE a fun
Monthly Gift in the Mail? I'm with Heather it is a little HOT the last couple of days to want Tea but give it a day or two
And we'll be cold again and it will be great for Evening Tea Time on The Porch.

Heather...oh, can't wait to see the new Farm Pictures. They are always so Sweet. You had quite a scare with the Grandparents
But love how God intervened on their behalf...and healed them enough to go back home. That is Awesome!! One of our
Minister friends who is in his early 50's died last night. My husband had Mentored him years ago when he was in his early
20's and wanting to become a Minister. He leaves a young wife, grown kids and some beautiful grand-kids. I am so sad for
Them but Happy for Dave...as he has been talking to Jesus last night and today...and many of the friends and family that
Went home before him.

Angie...Look at you go girl!!! You did a great job teaching yourself! And with each additional wash cloth you will get better and
Better!!! You be able to make them with out even looking...I got to that point...as I made so many of them and gave them to
Everyone I knew. So Proud of you!!! ~ Hope your Fall Garden does better than your Spring Garden. They usually do!
I went to the Grocery store today and spent 150.00 on just Fruit and Veggies. This is the first year I haven't done Container
Gardening at our Apartment. I put flowers in them this year. I had two bad years in a row and so needed a bit of a break
From Vegetable Gardening. I miss picking them fresh however. Nothing Better than a Nice warm sun kissed tomatoe right off
The Vine.

Well, girls that about catches me up. Hope every one has a Glorious Sonday Tomorrow!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  3:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow, nice wheels, Peggy! I hope you enjoy them.

I got your tea package yesterday too, Mel! First thing I fell in love with the envelope and tea packaging! I hate it when we can't describe just how much we like each item because it will spoil it for others...but, Ha! I loved it all! Thank you, so much!!!

Heather, I'm so glad your grandparents made it through their ordeals. It's sure a scary time for you.

Angie, aren't those dishcloths fun! You tried the basket weave long before I did. Hi-five, Girl!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2016 :  8:05:02 PM  Show Profile
Peg, great deal on the car. Isn't it funny what you find when you aren't looking?
It's so sad that your beetle turned out to be a lemon. Sure hope you have better
luck with this one. Pretty color too!
Angie, (dishrags)that's what we call them too.Some people think that sounds gross, like I'm
using some old basement rag to do dishes, but I just tell them that's how I was raised, so
dishrags is my word! hahaha I think you did a good job on them.
This has been a tough year for trying to have a garden around here too. It's been so dry!
How dry is it? "Why, it's been so dry that my fake flowers died last week!" hahahaha
Heather, sorry the rain has been skipping round you. That happens around here a lot too.
We had a mid-day thunder storm again today and it dropped 15 degrees again. Good sleeping
tonight...I hope. 91 for the next 4 days, then some 80's for a couple of days.
Patsy is suppose to finally come up Friday and it's going to be 83 that day. Sure hope it holds
true.
More pics of your babies soon? Yeaaaa! I really enjoy your farm pics!
Wow, it's scary enough having 1 grandparent in the hospital when they are getting up in age, let
alone 2. I like how God changed what the Docs said to give Him the glory! So glad He's still in charge!
Well I sure hope my tea package comes soon. Ya'll will have yours drunk before I even get mine. hahaha
*Lord, give me patience... and hurry up please* hahahaha
Goodnight Gals! Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jul 24 2016 8:08:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  02:02:43 AM  Show Profile
Judy...we called the dishrags too but when I started knitting them I switched over to
their proper name I guess. LOL It is so funny the different slang terms we used growing
up that we didn't even know was slang. I grew up in my early years in Montana and we said
Neked instead of naked. Warsh instead of wash. And a few others too. But once I moved to
Washington...I got teased for saying Warshington...so I cleaned up my vocabulary a bit and
I got teased a lot less. LOL When you are a kid that makes a huge difference in your day.
~ I do miss my bug Judy but I like this car too. Both so different from each other. Hopefully
things won't continually boing off this car every other day like it did when the Volkswagen.
So glad to hear that your Sissy is finally going to make it for her visit!!! Not don't run
Dave ragged...carting you two all over hill and dale! LOL But Have LOTS of FUN!!!

Hi Judith...thanks for the compliment on my New Wheels...I'm enjoying it! ~ I agree with your
comment on Angie's basket-weave dishcloth...it took me months before I tried that pattern. She
just jumps right into the more challenging patterns!! No Fear!

Quiet Sonday around here today. A real day of rest!!!

More Later Lovelies.

Hugs and Smiles,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jul 25 2016 5:10:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  4:25:14 PM  Show Profile
PGTammy- my adult daughter and I have been planning to get together tomorrow to start on toothbrush rugs. I think I mentioned somewhere on the Forum that DH and I made actual toothbrush needles for a 4-H group. Well, after reading your post last week regarding Carroll's Farm &Crafts I went on the internet and ordered two of their wooden needles. I had them put my daughter's name and mine or two needles. The needles arrived today just in time for our get together tomorrow. I am so excited to surprise her! Thank you, for your recommendation!

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2016 :  9:56:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I'm going to have to go look up toothbrush rug and needles. I can't stand not knowing what they are! *giggle*
Mel, my tea came, my tea came...yaaaaaa! hahaha Yup, I'm a happy dog!*wagwagwag*hahaha Thank you, thank you! Love the homemade tea envelope. Soooo cute, you clever girl!
We went to Hartville to spend the day at the big, indoor flea market there and to eat at the Amish kitchen there just to stay out of the heat, more or less. Had a good afternoon!
Well, I'm all in, so I'm going to bed.
Nite-nite Buds! Sweet dreams!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page