Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  08:23:26 AM  Show Profile
Shannon...Don't you just hate days like that? For me it has a lot to do with managing my Fibro. I can't
have more than two things I have to do in a days time...or I go into stress mode. When I was a younger woman
I was on over-load all the time and was great at multi-tasking and balancing my life and everyone else's too.
But a day like you had yesterday would send me over the edge. I am very fortunate that my family gets that.
They know when I say I have to go home and sleep...that means head home now...Even if we had planed to do
several other things. Once the fatigue hits I'm wiped out and done for. All I can say is that I am so happy
that my Fibro/Chronic Fatigue didn't kick into full swing until I hit my 50's. For me that was the year my
sweetheart MIL died, I quit the job I LOVED after 7 1/2 years, 9ll happened and turned all our worlds upside
down, My dad died less than a month later (the most wonderful man in the World) and I turned 50 20 days later.
I went into a temporary depression over my dad, was in menopause full swing, and took another job I felt blessed
to have gotten but it turned out to be a terrible place to work even though it was a Christian Organization.
And those are just the major things that happened that year. We also quit attending the Church we had fellow-
shipped with for 11 years. And my husband, myself and our youngest son were all in Leadership roles there.
3 1/2 years later I could no longer work even part time, I had to apply for Medical Disability...and the rest is
water under the bridge. But so many other smaller but traumatic things happened that year that...I could have
easily just erased that year from my memory banks and been better off for having done so. ~ Well, aren't you
glad that your bad day seemed to have pushed my button and all that came spilling out of me? Sorry about that!
Geesh!!!

Judy...I am so glad that your Sissy has boys that love her so much and have stepped up to the plate to show
her how much...when she needs them the most!!! That is awesome!! My youngest son is that way but the other
two would be emotional supports but not take an active role like Patsy's boys are. I am so happy her children
are rallying around her and helping her through this tough time. She raised good men!

Sabrina...I had a small donkey that my Mother made me when I was in fifth grade and I kept it until I had to
down size from a house to Apartment living in my middle 50's. So, I'm thinking your kids will have those toys
for a very long time to come. I treasured that little stuffed donkey because it was the only toy my mom ever
made for me. And she couldn't believe I had kept it for so many years. It was very special to me...as I am sure
your kids will feel the same way.

OK...off to put another coat of polish on my nails and eat some breakfast. Have a Great Day Ladies...
only 24 Days until Christmas!!!

big hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:45:38 PM  Show Profile
Hello fellow porchies...I fell off the porch but I'm back for a minute. Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. We did. My son and I went to my parents. Like I mentioned before, my mom is battling lymphoma, so I wanted dad and her to have a good day. My husband, who had a tree fall on him the week prior (will elaborate on that in a minute), stayed home due to not feeling up to going. Thanksgiving morning, I took my son, Danny, hunting for the first time. When I asked him the Tuesday before, you should have seen his face! He couldn't believe he was actually going to walk with me while I was hunting. No, he didn't carry a gun, but it was more of a lesson on how to act and walk through the woods and what to take and more or less what to do and not do. Sadly, we didn't even see a squirrel. Now regarding my husband...I drive for an agency that provides rides for the elderly, disabled and less fortunate. I was in Bangor, (here in Maine we measure travel time by hours not miles) about an hour and a half from home (80 miles +/-)with clients when DH called me. Told me a tree fell on him and that he needed to go to the hospital. I'm thinking "Oh great, here we go". I asked him if he was knocked out to which he replied no and that he was going to drive. Worried about other injuries, I told him to call his mother and have her meet you at the local convenience store (about 15 minutes away) and have her drive him. He did do that. I finished my run and got back to Machias about 2pm. The tree landed across his shoulders and hip. Nothing broken. No internal injuries. God was definitely with him. He's still sore over his hip. He has an appointment on the 7th. When he had an ultrasound performed for internal injuries, they found a cyst on kidney on the other side from where he was hit. So the dr is going to evaluate that and a hip xray he had done this week. So along with everything else...Just very fortunate that he's alive. Even if the tree didn't kill him, he could have landed on his running saw. It may seem that attitude of oh great was snarky. I can't afford to fall apart during a crisis especially with clients. I've always been a strong person and have always been a doer/helper in times like this. Then I fall apart afterward. So please don't take my reaction the wrong way.

Regarding snow RoDonna...we don't have any in Downeast Maine yet. Would have gladly sent you some last February.

Regarding crocheted animals, my late great grandmothers best friend, whom we called Aunt Theresa, made my siblings and I teddy bears. I still have mine. My grandmother made me an alligator as well which I still have.

If I don't get back on here before Christmas, you all have a Merry One!

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile
PS...Shannon, call the place where you had your xrays taken and report him. There is no need of that kind of attitude. He's not a Dr. Just a tech and by law, he can't diagnose or prognose and regardless of how your injury happened, it's really none of his p's and q's. Sometimes, however (having been a former vet tech and assisted with xrays), techs need to manipulate the injured area to get the views for the dr to evaluate, even though it hurts, it's better to get it the first time than to have to keep repeating them and making the injury worse.

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  4:35:57 PM  Show Profile
Greetings all! It's been a while! Lurk often to try to keep up! Prayers for all of your situations. Thanksgiving was quiet here...just me and Mattie.
Thanx for the tea, Tammy and the delightful tucks.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2015 :  6:44:18 PM  Show Profile
OMGoodness Lorena...that's dreadful, what your hubby went thru. I'm solo sorry to hear that. Keeping him in my Prayers!
It's so nice to hear that a lot of you have toys that you've cherished and squished to pieces and kept all those years. See Sabrina, that's what I mean, your kiddos will probably keep some of theirs too. Homemade is just sturdier and better.* giggle*
Miss Peggy you misspelled my name again!...geesh...how many years have I known you now?* scold-scold-giggle*
It's Jones-Mccown!*sigh...mutter...mutter...sigh...

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  12:02:05 AM  Show Profile
PORCH TEA SWAP FOR 2016

Jan. is PeggyAnn Smith

Feb. is Linda Olivera

March is Catherine Griffin

April is RoDonna

May is Luanne Bailey

June is Judy Jones-McCown

July

Aug.

Sept. is Tammy Duletzke

Oct. is Judith Lickteig

Nov. is Patsy Shuman

Dec. is Shannon Hudson

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 06 2015 11:32:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  12:25:46 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn -
My last name is Olivera, not Oliver. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  12:31:01 AM  Show Profile
Judy Judy Judy...I always spell your name wrong...I wish I could blame it on my Fibro Fog but
that wouldn't be true. LOL So, is the second C in you last name not capitalized??? I promise
I am working on trying to remember but just kick me in the rump until I do it right!!! But not
too hard please.

I am going to keep reposting the Tea Swap on each new page until we have it filled up.

Mel...glad to see you on The Porch, we miss your smiling face. Can't wait to find out what yummy tea
you have for us this month. And do you want to sign up for next year too?

Lorena...how is your hubby doing? That sounds horrible! And yes, he could have fallen on his saw on
that would have been really awful. Thank God he was watching out for your man!

Tonight I heard a bunch of racket out in the Foyer...so, I looked outside and saw an Ambulance and about
8 paramedics pouring in. Then shortly after one of my next door neighbors came to our door and told us
that his room-mate Randy had choked on some pancakes of all things and hit the floor and was out of it.
But Thomas had come home from work early (he was suppose to work until midnight) and found Randy on the floor
and didn't know what was wrong...so he turned him over and started doing chest compressions and dialing 911
at the same time. Thank God we live a block away from the Firehouse. They got the blockage out and got Randy
breathing again and took him to the Hospital. When Thomas told us what was going on...I said, "Larry and I will
pray for him right now and we did." Then after the Ambulance took Randy away I went over and prayed with Thomas.
He was pretty shook up. He just kept saying, Thank God I did not take that late shift that was offered to me or
I would have come home and found Randy dead." Thomas is in his thirties and Randy is in his 60's. And Randy is
just helping Thomas get back on his feet financially...but I was so Thankful for Thomas finding Randy because
Larry and I did not even here him fall. And we just have a wall separating our two Apartments. All of it was
just a total God Thing. Randy and Thomas are just both really neat Christian Men and I am so glad that God
was watching over Randy tonight. I say all the time that God is Crazy Good...and indeed He truly is.

OK, enough excitement for me tonight. We will go up to the Hospital to see Randy tomorrow if they keep him in.
Randy has 9 lives like a cat...he was in a violent home invasion about 4 years ago and was left for dead. But
he survived and had his face reconstructed and one cheek has a metal plate in it. He has had a very interesting
life. But it is a good thing He knows the Lord and The Lord knows him.

Night Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  12:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Linda...I fixed it!!!
Sorry, but thanks for correcting me.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  03:01:18 AM  Show Profile
Lorena - oh my goodness your poor, but blessed hubby! Praising God it was not worse, but also praying he heals quickly! As for the tech - I may just do that. I was a nurse before having my children, and understand the need to manipulate in order to get the picture. NOT the case in this incident! The guy was just twisting my foot all around, moving it in all types of directions. My hubby told me I should have swung at home, but all I could do at the time is hold on to the table and cry! I do not think my foot is broken, but we are pretty certain my Achilles tendon is indeed torn, though thankfully not ruptured! I am extremely thankful for the stabilization of the boot, but the kind they gave me is extremely curved on the bottom... I think they called it a rocking bottom!?!? Anyways, it makes me quite unsteady, so I cannot carry Emi when I have it on! So thankful for Katie, my twelve year old, and that I homeschool! She is always a huge help, but especially right now!

Mel - hi!!! Glad you came to sit for a minute! And that your Thanksgiving went well!

PeggyAnn - Wowsers! I am surprised only half the tea swap is filled. Hopefully others will join quickly! I am praising God with you that your neighbor came home early to save your other neighbor's life! Things happen so quickly! Prayerfully, he will be just fine, and he will not need to spend any more of his "nine lives." people always harass us that we have a lot going on in our lives, but thankfully so minor in comparison!!!

Well today my oldest boy turns ten! Where in the world did thhe time go!?!? His request for dinner is chili, with chocolate cake for dessert. He wanted the cake decorated with snakes or Indians... We are going the latter route ;) Ugghhh I despise snakes! Other than that, it should be a "normal" day for us. The kids will be working is hook, and any free time I happen to find, I will be working on swaps. If all goes well, they will be done by the end of the week, and I can focus my energies on Christmas gifts!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  1:01:54 PM  Show Profile
hubby is doing ok. just sore. Thank you all. got to get back to my house and get some cleaning done.

TTFN

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  6:35:07 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn I will be a back up for the tea swap if someone can't do it...how about that? I know this year we needed someone to step up and help. I can be a back up

It is still cold and snowy here. Got my car stuck in my own driveway. Yikes!! Thank goodness hubby was still home or getting to school would have been a problem.
Other than that I am keeping busy with school. We have our annual cookie walk and Christmas program and I got a new student this week.
I broke my glasses today so they did a temporary fix since I have an eye appointment later this month.

Well ladies just checking in. Have a great night
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  7:36:09 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn~ tell me what I have to do for the tea swap and I'll do April....that's my birthday month so I'll gladly give that month. I'm constantly drinking hot tea anyway especially this time of year. I will pray for your neighbor and very thankful his roommate came home early. wow!

We finally got our tree up. I'm thinking of getting another tree just for my prim and farmgirl ornaments I get throughout the year. My kiddos have a lot of ornaments too. I do one just for theirs and put it on the other wall in the living room. Just for them. I know that they love helping with the tree but geez! It's like mayhem. lol!

Lorena~ My cousins live in New Hampshire. They probably would love to send some to me too. Last year we got a lot of snow and this year the Farmer's Almanac said we would be getting a pretty heavy dose of it. It's been cold and rainy but that's it. If it's going to be cold I want snow.

We finally got our mini piggies after Thanksgiving. We have a brother and sister. His name is Boomer and she is Olive. They are going to be my older two's 4-H projects. So far so good. They have been out there in the muck feeding them and cleaning up. My mud room has gotten really muddy but at least they're learning more responsibility. They are constantly checking on them. At night they bury themselves in the hay to keep warm. We have to poke around just to see if they are still in the pen. I'm hoping this weekend we'll make it a little more warmer for them. They were born about September I believe. Cutest things!!

Well ladies, I need to finish up some swaps that I'm behind in making and hoping to get one in the mail by the first of next week. Hope everyone has a warm night!!

RoDonna

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.pinterest.com/kymomma4
www.facebook.com/onthehomestead
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2015 :  8:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi all,
Thanks Tammy for the tea and tucks. They were to cute,love them.

Made it through Thanksgiving. Was so glad for Jared's family visiting for a whole week. Got some necessary repairs done in the house. Weather was nice enough for a weeny/marshmallow roast.Crazy huh?

Now on to Christmas. Got tree decorated, house decorated, now on to cards, then cookies. Just staying busy and going through the motions helps.Grace is taking me to Jared's (Maryland) on the 20th for Christmas and New Years,weather permitting.

Peggy: I will take November for the tea swap if no one else wants it.

Toodles for now. hugs, prayers and squeezles for all

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  12:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Sweet Porchies...

Thank you RoDonna and Patsy for signing up and thank you Tea Lady Tammy for volunteering as a back up!!!
Bless you 3. RoDonna I emailed you so we can swap some information...but I did put you down for April
and Patsy you got November as requested.

Patsy...so glad to have you on The Porch today and letting us know how you are doing. Even if you feel like
you are just going through the motions...that alone is huge. I am glad to hear that you aren't forfeiting
putting up your tree and decorating and doing cards and making cookies etc. Those things are who you are and
they are important to boost your own spirits too at this difficult time. I am really proud of you!!! I love
that fighting spirit that says...this is not going to destroy my life. You Go Girl!!! And we are all cheering
you on!!! And I know your husband is cheering you on too.

RoDonna...sounds like you enjoy decorating Trees! LOL I have never done more than one tree in my home but
usually had to decorate for work and home...so I felt like I decorated many trees. LOL I just finished up
all my decorating tonight. Feels good to have it done. It usually takes me two or three days to get it all done
because I'm slowing down in my old age and with my fibro. I have to parcel it into small more manageable
sequences. ~ Oh, you need to post some pictures of your mini-piggies...I bet they are so cute! And I'm glad
the kids are taking care of them so well...even if you mudroom is muddier these days. LOL

Teacher Tammy...PTL hubby was still home to help you get out of the drive way. That is the pits when you get
stuck...if you have to dig yourself out. All we are getting is 9 days of straight rain...but it has warmed
back up in the day time hours...which is nice. No snow around here until usually Feb. IF we get any at all.
How is your Ladies Bible Study going? And what are you studying now? I have study tomorrow night and am Looking
forward to it. Then next Thursday Night is our Christmas Party...which is always a highlight of our year. We
do a gift exchange and pot luck supper. I just found the most amazing recipe for Eggnog Fudge...so, I am making
that for sure for my Sweet dish...now just have to think of something savory too. Is a Cookie Walk just like a
Cake Walk?

Well, girls I found out today that my Neighbor had a Stroke instead of just choking on food. He is on life support
and they don't think he is going to pull through. In fact they called all his family to come from New York. We
were going to go see him today until we found all that out. My heart is so saddened as he is the loveliest black
man and such a good Christian and Great Neighbor for the last 4 years. My husband and I felt so blessed just to
know him and have him in our lives. Today I started asking God for a Miracle for Randy. My sister was on life
support and nobody thought she was going to make it and she pulled through by the Grace of God and lived for
four more years and that is what I want for my friend Randy. I know it is God's decision not mine but it can't
hurt to ask now can it?

Well, off to bed...I'm in a lot of pain tonight and just emotionally exhausted.
Have a good day girls (it's all most 1:00 am...so, I can say that. LOL)

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 03 2015 12:56:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  9:09:15 PM  Show Profile
ooooooo...I want to see a pic of those cute piggies too.
Peggy, I am Praying for Randy too. God is able... if it's His will for him! We all know that don't we?/!
I have my 'Beetle-Bug' decorated... but not my house yet.lol Gotta have priorities, don't ya know! Mama always loved helping me find little miniature things to decorate Beetle-Baby(her name for the car)!*giggle*
When I got up this morning at 8, we have a skiff of snow. But it was gone in a couple of hours. Our first snow.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2015 :  11:54:20 PM  Show Profile
Judy...take a picture of your Beetle-Baby...I want to see it!!! I could use a little cheering up!
You know I think snow is beautiful...I just don't like it to stay around very long...but I'm getting
sick of this daily rain too! Whine Whine Whine! Shame on me! But I want it to just be cold and clear.
I'm good with that, my body is good with that...all would be fine in my world. LOL

Our Friend Randy's family made the decision to take him off life support last night...so he went home
to be with the Lord. I am Happy for Him but selfishly sad for All us who loved and knew him. ~

I'm beat girls...so I'm headed to LaLa Land!
Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  04:30:10 AM  Show Profile
TeaLadyTammy - I must admit, I hope you sign up, lol. I already have my tuck picked out, and am super excited about it, and have given myself awhile to finish them, hence signing up for December :) But I certainly understand needing a break! So glad your hubby was home to get you out of the mud! That wouldnot have been good! I cannot imagine switching schools right before Christmas. I feel for your new student! As for your glasses... Ack! I eed mine replaced something fierce! It has been almost seven years since I have had my eyes examined!

RoDonna - I had ever thought to put up an additional tree for the children. Our tree seems to be over flowing with ornaments again this year! It isamod lodge of store bought and homemade. I too would love to see a picture of your pigs!

Patsy - so good to see you on here! Where in Maryland are you headed? My hubby grew up near Hagerstown. I grew up on theEastern Shore.. About halfway between Easton MD and Dover DE.

Judy - so exciting to get the first snow of a year. We are still waiting for our first frost! I would love to kill off the mosquitoes!

Peggy - I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor, but praise God he was a believer!

Today will hopefully be productive. This morning i have to take my oldest to horse riding lessons. When we get home,I need to finish planning some of the kids school, finish swaps, plan a menu,and write a grocery list... And hopefully get out of this funk that is trying to swallow me up!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  8:46:19 PM  Show Profile
Awww Peggy, so sorry to hear about Randy and I think I know what you mean about a selfish feeling. We don't want to see them suffer, but we don't want them to go either. I'm to the point where I envy anybody who leaves to go see Jesus! What a wonderful time that will be! Right?
Shannon, it's funny, I can't even imagine mosquitoes this time of year. I keep forgetting that you're in a warm climate.haha We had sun today but we were in the upper 40's all day.(no skeeters here)hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2015 :  9:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - I'll take September for the tea exchange.

Sabrina - have you gotten your package yet? I wasn't sure how long it would take you to get yours.

Lorena - how scary to get a call like that. I understand the helpless feeling of not being able to react immediately. I felt the same way when I got the call my son had been shot in Afghanistan.

Well it's been a busy holiday. We got the flooring done (yahhh).

I also finished up a couple projects. This is a picture of the rug I had in my loom. I've finished it but haven't taken a finished picture of it yet. This one is made from recycled flannel sheets. I nearly ran out of the blue, I literally had 1 strip of it left when I finished.

I saw the surgeon last Monday and he feels we can do the ablation after all so I'm scheduled for surgery on December 28th. Matt has 11 days off at that time so it was the best time so he would be home to help me afterwards without taking additional time off. It's day surgery so I'll be home the same day thankfully. Doctor told Matt that I might be in less pain after surgery than I am on a daily basis. So we're both happy it's the less invasive treatment and hope it works. I'm taking the whole week off for recovery.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  12:57:13 AM  Show Profile
Oh Tammy yes I got it earlier this week!! I' think the tucks are going to become a permanent part of my cornucopia set. I've had a busy week but feel like I haven't accomplished anything, i think I add things to my to do list faster than I check them off! Also, I always think that when hubby is off for a long weekend, leave or has a slower schedule at work I'll get more done but it NEVER works out that way. You would think I would learn but I always plan to do soooo much then don't get anything done!!

Over the next couple weeks I have to write two syllabi. Make a video of myself singing a song and reading a book while doing sign language with it and sew three kids Bible character costumes....not to mention finishing the Christmas presents.

Well I guess I better get busy,!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  08:27:55 AM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...Thanks for taking Sept. I put you down. ~ Your floors are gorgeous!!! Did you say that was
your Craft room/Office? I really like it. I wish I could rip this ugly carpet out here and put wood floors
in. I hate carpeting period! Bad for the allergies. Love your bed sheet rug. Great Colors together and your
Scarecrow People are cute too. ~ I think even after the Oblation you are going to feel so much better. I
had two of them at different times. And they really helped for awhile. Let's pray this will be all you will
need and that you will feel like a million bucks afterwards. I think I had mine done on a Friday and re-cooped
over the weekend and was back to work on Monday. My first one...I was dating the Comptroller for The Sheridan
Hotel Chain and he put me up in a Gorgeous Suite for that weekend. Talk about feeling pampered but I pretty much
slept the weekend away. Didn't see him at all as He was working.

Sabrina...you will get it all done!!! I can tell that you thrive on busyness. Some people just stay motivated
that way and love living to the edge. They accomplish more when they stay overly busy. I have a best friend like
that and she says she hates living like that but I have learned that...that is how she flies. And she really doesn't
hate it or else she would change it. LOL She cracks me up.

Judy...My boss/the owner of the Bible Book Store I Managed always had us do Inventory right after Christmas too...
because that is when you are sold down to your lowest amount of Inventory for the year. It made perfect sense but
we were all so worn-out after the Christmas Insanity...that I don't know how accurate we were in our counting. Most
of us looked like Zombies...just living off of Coffee and Chocolate to make it through the day after Thanksgiving
through Christmas. LOL So, I'm not surprised to hear Goodwill does the same thing.

I still can't believe my friend Randy is home with the Lord. It just happened so fast! One day he is here and the
next minute he is gone. It is making my husband feel very Mortal. As I have shared with you all before he is 8
years older than me...but I keep reminding him that he has longevity in his family DNA. All his Aunts & Uncles
and Grandparents lived into their 80's and late 90's and both his parents lived into their mid 80's. But I'm somehow not
convincing him. LOL Where my family all died young except my Mother...who is now in her 80's. I don't feel like
I'm going to die early but if I do I do. It is God's call...but I'm certainly NOT going to sit around worrying about
it. I'm ready when he calls me Home...but I still feel like I have too much to live for right now. I want to
teach my Grandkids about Jesus, be active in their lives and watch them grow up and get married. And the latest
addition isn't even born yet (any day though)...so I have a lot to live for.

Off to do some Christmas shopping with youngest son this morning. Have a Great Weekend Girls.

Huggies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 05 2015 08:32:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2015 :  08:46:13 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I told my kiddos that your highs were in the 40s... they immediately wanted to visit!!! We are getting excited when our lows are in the 40s around here. We are only in the 60s for the next few days as a high, so we are pretty stoked about that!

PGTammy - LOVE your flooring!!! Your rug turned out super nice as well! I will be praying about your surgery! Hubby met with the surgeon yesterday for his back... If he cannot have it done in the next week, he is going to have to wait until May or June, due to his (my hubby's) practicum. The surgery is a month long recovery!

Sabrina - I chuckled at your post regarding when your hubby is home! I am soon the same way! And instead, we end up sleeping in, having a big leisurely breakfast, and I swear I have no idea where the days go!

Peggy - Continuing to pray for you as you grieve the loss of Randy! How is his roommate handling it???

Since it is the weekend, I have a list a mile long of things I want to get done. But as Sabrina said, I probably will add more than I accomplish! My goal is to have all the swaps in the mail on Monday! We will see if I get it done, but hat is the plan! My hubby and some of the children, that are not too sick, are heading to the grocery store in a little bit, so that should give me a little bit of time to et some things done ;)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2015 :  08:26:13 AM  Show Profile
Good morning porchies! I'm enjoying my most recent tea. Yummy!

It's time to start decorating our virtual porch for Christmas. I'll start with the lights. I'll wrap the posts with red and white for a festive candy cane look. Who else wants to add something?

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2015 :  08:27:29 AM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn, you can stick me in for March in the tea swap. I'll message you, too.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page