Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  01:35:10 AM  Show Profile
I hello ladies.

Heather, glad yall are doing ok over there and glad for the offer on the house!! I'm like you like to be doing something with my hands while I sit (as seldom as that happens) but right now the baby is usually in my arms. He is so close to crawling though I think this phase will soon come to an end.

I honestly don't have time to plan crafts for this group that I'm struggling with and when I've tried things like that it gets out of hand and they don't follow instructions. I've decided that I'm going to continue a short lesson and then have them do school work or a board game. That's the best I can do right now. I'm only doing this class until Christmas then someone else will have to take it over. I need another day at home and some time to join a study myself.

I have started my Christmas craft list of things to make for the kids. Hopefully I will find time to do it all. I have a waldorf doll kit for each of them I didn't get around to before baby came. I'm going to make sofia a mermaid tail afghan and David a knight outfit. Not sure yet what I'm going to make Sydney. They all also need hats and scarves. I will also make the girls some clothes for their american girl dolls. I love the quality of the dolls but haven't been impressed with the clothes. I feel like what I make is much better quality and holds up better for a fraction of the price!

I've recentky discovered Bibke Journaling! It is like art journaling in the Bible (or a notebook using scripture). I got my journaling Bible in the mail yesterday and am excited to start! Of course as with everything time is not on my side, I really need longer days.....or fir the baby to sleep by himself lol. Oh well it is a short season and I will miss it ibe day right??

Hope yall are all doing well.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  07:32:59 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME TO THE PORCH ABI!!!! What are you knitting? Looks like a wash cloth. I love to knit too but burnt out
after 10 years of knitting everyday. Now I'm just playing games on my tablet at night while I watch TV. My
husband doesn't understand how I can do both...but hey, I'm a Woman...we know how to Multi-task right? lol
Hope you come back often and share a little bit about who you are. This is a fun place to hang out and be
connected with other Farm Sisters.

Sabrina...baby will soon out grow that need for mommy all the time...enjoy it while you can. I loved every
precious moment with my 3 boys. I really think that those first 2 to 3 years bond you to each other so
beautifully. My boys all went through tough times in their teen years and a couple into their early 20's but
unlike most kids they never disrespected me as their parent. They always loved me no matter what...and I
attribute that to those early years of closeness. I had friends whose kids called them vulgar names, who ranted
and raved at them and even threatened them to where the police had to be called. It was horrible and heart breaking
to watch. So...just remember when they are sticking to you like super-glue...it has it's pay off years down the
road.

Shannon...the pictures of the Carolina's has been devastating to watch on the News. I cannot even fathom that kind
of Natural Disaster...where you lose everything...and sometimes even your life. Be safe my friend...we are praying for you ALL!!! You probably know that the are calling it the 1,000 Year flood. ~ OK...you and Heather have me wanting to
watch Mary Poppins again (it's been years). At Retreat we were all talking about the Great Children's Movies we all
loved to watch with our kids or grand-kids.

Judy...you are so right my friend "There is No Place Like Home" *click-heels together* Unless you just lost your house
cleaning gal. LOL I bought a new vacuum and a new steam mop because if I have to do that myself I want it as easy as
possible. Both are still sitting in their boxes unopened and mocking me. PeggySue (Ann) is too pooped to care right now.
Glad Patsy is off visiting more. She really needs to sell her house and start out fresh in an apartment or small cottage style home of her own. I know if anything happens to Larry before me...I would have to move to a new location and
start fresh either by myself or in a MIL Suite with my kids. Too many memories in a house you've shared with the Mister.
At least that is my thinking.

Heather...praying about your hey situation. Kind of hoping whoever pulled into your drive-way was an answer to your prayers.

Mel...yes, it is good to be down to the final phase of my Aunt's Estate. Just have to sell her car now and some gold
jewelry and I'm done. Think I have a buyer for the car...he is trying to gather the cash to pay for it right now.

Kathy...we saw some pretty miniature Banty Roosters at The Baumen Farms in Oregon when we stopped last Thurs. on the
way to the Coast. They were so pretty but reminded me of a time when I was five and playing on the Tree Swing and
one kept flying up at me and was trying to peck my legs. I have been leary of them ever since.

OK my sweet girls...I think I need to go back to bed for awhile. I have been up since 6:00 am and you know me....I
don't do mornings, at least not willingly.

Have a Fabulous Day...whatever you do,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  5:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh Sabrina - I so get the clingy baby thing! I loveEmi dearly, but I spend an hour nursing her, then an hour holding her while she screams, and then for an hour she sleeps. Normally during the day, I can lay her down in her pack n play, bouncy seat, or swing. At night, I have to hold her on my arm. I wake up so sore and stiff from lying still in weird positions. I am extremely sleep deprived, and am finding myself overwhelmed trying to get everything accomplished. I am extremely frustrated, but I am not sure at who..l. Maybe everyone... I just do not know. Hubby leaves here soon for a week, and honestly, I am dreading it. I feel likei am barely holding my head above water now, and can only imagine what it will be like then! I have obviously had a bad day :/

PeggyAnn - I have always driven my parents and now my hubby nuts with constantly having to have something to do rather than just sit there. Growing up, we use to watch family movies or tv shows... But I had to always do something while watching... Even if it meant reading a book, lol. And yes, I could still follow BOTH things! Glad to hear you are almost done with your aunt's estate. What a hardship it has been for you. As for the weather... We have been blessed and have no destruction personally. We checked the house we are selling today. What concerns us though, is they say all the flooding up in Columbia will soon be flooding us...

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2015 :  6:04:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello ladies,
I hope you are doing fine this evening. I thought I would pop in with some hot cinnamon tea and cookies. The fall weather here has been lovely. It has been a busy week. To top it off, I have to rearrange my classroom due to new technology. While it is nice it is not fun having to spend the weekend redoing my room. All due to cords for the technology not reaching across ceiling to my little area of the room. They don't make longer cords either. Let me say my wings are in a huff and I have a hubby who is not thrilled with moving bookcases ect again. Let me just say the principal got an earful of why wasn't this made clear before school that we might have to locate our desks etc closer etc. Let me say I appreciate having some new things but not at the expense of my entire weekend. Ok I am done venting now. I think tea might not be strong enough lol

tomorrow is my mother in law's 87th birthday. She is doing well overall without my sweet father in law who is in heaven. So we will celebrate this weekend with her. Celebrated my sweet grandson Hudsyn's baptism with my twins being sponsors it was really wonderful to see how God brought us all together. He is growing like a weed. Just loved getting to have some sweet baby time.

well I must go fold some clothes and then going to read a bit. Peggy sounds like your trip was good.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

ConGrazia
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kathy
Yellville Arkansas
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  05:24:24 AM  Show Profile
Hello, porch sitters! Morning has become my porch-sitting time in this stage of my life. I am faaaarrr off of the beaten path,inhaling the fresh cold misty air rising off of Water Creek, 100ft below the porch of my Ozark mountain house.Just getting light here. There is one ambitious rooster up with me, who will Not. Shut. Up. Acorns hitting the metal roof sound just like gunshots! They make me jump every time! Husband left for work at 6. The triplets (17 yrs old) are "sleeping in" a bit, and my oldest son's 2 boys (8 & 6) are out in the pop-up camper in the driveway buried under the big heavy "lion" blanket Grandpa Buddy brought home from Pusan.Their parents are enjoying a much-needed two day getaway. I am taking a quiet, deep breath before starting in on the box of foraged pears in the kitchen. Then it's waffles for breakfast and a trip out to Sunrise Farm with the little boys (my "right hand men" today), to check on the Katahdin sheep and bring Henry the labrador over here to SurePop Farm. The triplets will stay here and keep up with their school work--I believe chemistry and Civics are the thorny issues right now. I've got my coffee,my to-do list is made,and for the moment, Water Creek is doing all of the talking, with a chuckle in her throat. I'm going to call my mother in a bit---it's her 80th birthday today and I think we are going to share a brunch and raise a toast. :)I'm still new to this sort of thing, so I decided to put some thoughts out here and invite you all to share in the peace with me this morning. I am enjoying reading the newer posts here but I'm still figuring out how to jump onto the moving train!

With Grace & Truth
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  07:10:46 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME KATHY TO THE VIRTUAL PORCH! My My...you are a very picturesque Writer. I really enjoyed and inhaled
each and every word and felt like I was sitting right there with you! Sounds like you have a houseful of men
in your life. I raised 3 boys and 3 step-kids (part time). Love them all but I am so glad that now I am in
the Grandmama stage of life. Between our 6 kids we have 9 grandkids, one on the way and due in Dec. and 1
great grand-child. Grand kids are the BEST! I love spoiling them and then listening to their parents yell! LOL
I hope you will come on The Porch often and enjoy the lives of our Wonderful Porchies and share more of yours
with us.

Teacher Tammy...so they finally made you re-arrange your class room huh? I'm so sorry you and hubby have to spend
your weekend re-doing what you already had done. Maybe it will go much faster than you think and then you and
your hubs can go do lunch or dinner out somewhere and celebrate a job well-done twice!!! ~ Yes, my trip was really
good and just the tranquility I needed! Tonight is The Beth Moore Video and one lesson in week two of our Beth
Moore Study. We are really enjoying this years study. How is yours going this year?

Shannon...glad to hear that I am not the only one who can't just sit and watch TV. I always have to be doing something.
Like you said, I can even read a book and watch TV and still be focused on both. I know a few women who can't do more than one thing at a time but that is very rare. Sorry, that you both are going through the clingy baby phase...but
it will soon be over and you will be on to the next phase. I love all the loven of that clingy phase and hated it
when they got more independent. I loved holding and rocking my babies and could literally do it all day...then run
around the house while the napped and get all the house work done! Some times I wish these grown men I had were
still little tykes all over again (not really) but I did love it when they were small. My advantage was having children
spread pretty far apart in age...so the older kids were huge helpers for me.

Ok My Porchies...going back to bed for awhile. Rain coming back tomorrow and I already feel it.

Have a Beautiful Thursday,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  09:27:15 AM  Show Profile
Abi and Kathy - Welcome to the porch, sisters!

I'm not able to come and 'sit' as often as I'd like, but, I always read, laugh, pray, cheer, etc. for my 'sisters'. And even comment when I can. Feeling a little blue today, though. My mother passed away on this day in 1953. She was only 29.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
'The Simply Lived Life' blog http://www.wandasturrock.com/website/blog/
Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  5:37:35 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! I have been away from the from porch for soooooo long! I miss by Farmgirlies! I have had an interesting time since I was last here, life has pulled me through a knot hole and I survived! My darling hubby had a heart event a year ago and had stents put into his arteries. He is still struggling with chest pain, that the VA doctors can't figure out, so please pray for him. Last January I had the pleasure of o a case of shingles ON MY FACE ! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I kept having difficulties with my eyesight, and with panic attacks at work, so I quit, and started my own practice! I provide grief support to folks who have lost their companion animals. DH came up with the name Creature Comfort. I officially opened Last week and got my brochures out to area vets and groomers. now I am waiting patiently for clients to call. Please send some prayers my way for Creature Comfort too! We have laid up 4 cords of firewood, the propane tank is full, the garden produced crazy amounts of squash and potatoes this year, the hens are dutifully laying eggs for us, and I have a freezer full of our neighbor's beef, so we won't starve or go cold if i don't have clients, but it would be nice to pay our other bills too! :)

I am praying for all of you Farmgirl sistas! I hope I can come visit more often, now thatI have flexibility to use my time for what nourishes my soul.

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2015 :  11:46:33 PM  Show Profile
Tracy...Welcome back on The Porch!!!! I love the Name of your Practice..."Creature Comfort". I would think there would be a need for a service like that in peoples lives. We all struggle when we have to put our fur babies down or they die
from just growing old. It is hard to deal with! ~ I have had shingles too and it is so NOT fun! Not on my face though,
I am happy to say. I can't even imagine that. My Aunt had it in her hair and one eye and another Lady I knew had it
in her eyes and she went blind from it. She was in her 90's and had had a great long life...but still you don't wish
that on anybody no matter what age. I got mine in my 50's on my back and around to my left breast. Painful it was!!!
Once in awhile I will get a little flare-up if I get too stressed...but nothing like the first time. ~ Sorry to hear about your hubby and his heart problems. Hopefully it will correct itself.

Wanda...boy, your mama died young! That is so sad...and I'm sorry that it is still difficult for you all these
years later. But who can ever replace a parent??? I hope the Good Lord gave you some great Mother figures along life's
way to help fill in the void in your heart...and help train you up!

Didn't feel good all day today. Still haven't re-cooped from my Retreat. I swear all I'm doing is sleeping. I canceled
Bible Study tonight because of it and also because so many other gals weren't going to make it either. If I have to
buck up and struggle through (which I often do)...I don't want to do it alone. LOL

Ok...off to bed girls! Hoping to see a little sunshine tomorrow because it is suppose to rain all weekend. But we can
hardly complain on this side of the Country about Water. We did have a dam give way today here in WA State...which is
weird because we have been so dry.

Sleep Tight My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2015 :  08:51:09 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Thank you so much for the sweet words and wishes. I was 6 at the time, and just in the next room. I've had that sadness come over me every Fall at this time and couldn't figure out why. But, when I was in my 40s, and at my mother's sister's house on Oct. 8, she asked if I felt bad...she was actually the one who tied the two together. God didn't actually 'give' me that type of Mother figure, but He did run some across my path. I think He mostly built and strengthened me Himself; that's His way, it seems.

To make things work for my novel, I had to make the characters a bit older and, even though things did not turn out the way they did in the book (I wanted it to be encouraging), the story is built on some true basics and personalities. Even though many of the characters and scenes are fiction, I cried my way through it many times while writing. I hope it helps others, including grownups.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2015 :  09:26:01 AM  Show Profile
Wanda...can't wait now to read your book. You will have to keep us all posted when it hits the Retail Market.
How intuitive of your Aunt to put two and two together and realize that you were over-shadowed each fall
with a sadness over your loss. And I loved your comment that God himself built and strengthened you. My own
Mother and I aren't particularly close but he did give me several good Mother figures along life's way...so
that in watching and observing I learned what a good mother and grandmother really looked like. But God
has been the one in my life too who has really strengthened me and grew me up to have the character qualities
of a good person in Jesus Christ. My youngest DIL put out a prayer request for me two weeks ago and I
was shocked when she said, "Mom is the Rock in our Family and we need her well." I am only their Rock because
Jesus is My Rock! ~ So I am sure that through your tragedy God has used YOU many times in some one else's life
because that too is just what He does. God bless You Sister for writing down your story to help other young
people (and adults) along life's way.

Hugs and Smiles,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 09 2015 09:28:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2015 :  09:55:18 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - As I'm famous for saying...Bless your little heart! I can see why your daughter-in-law would feel that way. Sometimes, when I read the wise and encouraging things you write to people, I just want to give you a hug. And, I know you could never be that person if not for your love and relationship with Jesus. Thank you for your precious words.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2015 :  2:49:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey all! Welcome all new porchies! Hope you al are doing well. As for myself, I'm getting over a severe case of bronchitis that sent me to the ER last week. I was driving my personal vehicle when I got a sudden fever spike where I started shaking violently. So violently, I had all I could do to get in the shopping center parking lot and call for an ambulance. I had to call close family friends because I couldn't get through to my dh or my mil. They did and dh got to the ER. After 2 different courses of antibiotics and a week and a half off from work, I'm finally on the mend. This was a nasty bout I tell ya! I'm also getting done with my new job. It's the schedule. I never know when I'm going to be home or if I'm working or where I'm going to be. Not a good schedule when you have a husband and a child. Fall is not a good time to be looking for work here in Maine. I really don't want to go back to dunkin donuts after working there for 7 years, but I am guaranteed a job if I need one. So, time will tell. Hopefully something will turn up that is conducive to a mothers schedule.

My mom has been diagnosed with some kind of lymphoma. She had a bone marrow scan and is awaiting results from that. One of the early signs of lymphoma is lesions on the torso. She has had lesions on her back for 8 years. Even dermatologists misdiagnosed it. So I guess the good thing is that it is a slow progression so maybe it will be easily treated. Lesson for you, if you have lesions that no one can diagnose, maybe you need to see an oncologist or press your dermatologist to get a biopsy sample of the lesion.

Need to get supper underway, so you all have a good weekend.

Lorie

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

ConGrazia
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kathy
Yellville Arkansas
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  05:05:43 AM  Show Profile
'Morning, porch sitters! Hope this day brings many blessings to you all! It's "Turkey Trot" weekend up in Yellville. Folks have been getting out on the square for music, food and friendship for 70 years in this community famous for the National Wild Turkey Calling Contest, and the homecoming atmosphere is always a seasonal tonic before the cold weather settles in. This will be my 31st visit to the 10 o'clock Turkey Trot parade. As usual, I'll stand on the sidewalk across from the grocery store with all the kids and grandkids. I might bring Henry the Labrador. He is feeling a little blue, getting used to his new home with us, so I try to include him when I get out and about. I'll get a funnel cake, of course, check out the music, tour the art exhibit and rub elbows with my community. Someone will have details about the winner of the Contest, comments about the new Miss Drumsticks, and updates on the ongoing controversy of dropping turkeys out of airplanes (do they? or not? whodunnit?)Finishing my coffee now. I have to get feed over to the sheep before the parade, and check on the fence. My daughter-in-law called yesterday and said the flock were wandering down her driveway. She's such a good sport. She got them all back in and did a temporary patch job on the fence. I also need to find out why Mr. Goose keeps bringing his 19 duck-children (another story)up the driveway to the house. They usually stay close to the pond. Perhaps they are nervous about the labrador. Blessings to all! I am thinking of you! Tracy, I spent some years walking through my husband's heart illness with him, and my prayers are with you. It's a tough road and a confusing one, sometimes. God is the strength of our hearts. Lorie, I'm sorry for the pile-up of troubles! ER, your job situation, your mom's illness--many prayers your way! Tammy, I was identifying with your classroom-arranging woes. I have to move my entire operation to a new building next month. It's a blessing to have the new building, but a nightmare to move operations for an entire youth orchestra!

I'm out the door for a festive day!
blessings
Kathy

With Grace & Truth
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  09:31:06 AM  Show Profile
Kathy...Welcome...Welcome...Welcome to The Porch. I loved your description of Your Upcoming Turkey Festival
today. I feel like I'm right there with you in all the Excitement! And Mercy Me...what an Honorable title of
"Miss Drumsticks!" I'm still laughing my head off over that one. I have seen the Winners of the Turkey
Calling contest in previous years on the Tonight Show. Do you Turkey call too??? Sounds like a National
Past-time to me that ALL Farmgirls might need to cultivate. LOL And do they really drop Turkeys out of
Airplanes???? I think you are pulling our drumsticks with that one. *giggle* Well, have a FUN day and come
back and tell us some of The Turkey Talk (gossip) you hear around town. We will be waiting for a few more
good laughs...though I have a feeling you people from Arkansas take this all more seriously than we do.

Lorie...Oh, bless your heart girl...that sounds like some serious bronchitis you are dealing with. The only
time I ever had such violent shakes like that accompanied with a high fever is when I had Mastitis with my
last baby (30 yrs. ago). The hospital said it was the worse case they ever saw and I was in there for a week.
I knew cows got Mastitis but I didn't know women got it too. Bronchitis is nothing to mess around with...it
can be quite serious and it sounds like you must have been trying to keep working and stuff when you had it.
Take care of yourself girl and do yourself a big favor and get lots of rest and drink lots of liquids when
you get that kind of nastiness. ~ I will be praying for your job hunt! Maybe through the Holidays you could
pick up some seasonal Retail Work to get you by until something better becomes an option for you. Or even
going back to Dunken Donuts until something else opens up. At least you have a couple options this time of
year. Some $ is better than no $ at all...the way I look at it. ~ And I am so sorry to hear about your Mom.
My goodness...you have a lot on your plate at the moment don't you? I can't believe the Dr.s didn't know
what those Leisons were caused from. Is it a bone marrow cancer? I have a Family Physician that is a very
good Diagnostician and I guess I just assume all Dr.s should be...when they aren't. It is sad that your mom
has had to go all this time with out a proper diagnosis...since Lymphoma is life threatening. I will keep her
and your family in my prayers.

Wanda...thank you for the Kind Words! But God gets all the Glory! Apart from Him I am nothing.

OK...My Lovelies it is getting ready to storm around here today. As I sit here typing the wind is just whipping
through the trees and the dark clouds are coming in like gang busters. Suppose to rain all day today and we
need it in this half of the Country.

Have a Fabulous Weekend and we will chat more later!

blessings and funshine,
PeggyAnn

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Bushel n Peck
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Tracy
Truly MT
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  12:17:51 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, you are a blessing to me!

Lorena, I am saying a prayer for you and you loved ones, I hope you can wor out a better work situation so that you can take care of yourself and your family.
Life is too short.

Kathy, thank you for your prayers and encouragement! "Turkey Trot" sounds like a blast!

It's really windy and warm today in my piece of Montana. DH and I are working quickly to stain our front porch before the snow starts flying. (again-we had snow just last week!)

I hope everyone has a blessed weekend!

I sing because I'm happy; I sing because I'm free!
His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches over me.
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2015 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by LadyInRed

WELCOME TO THE PORCH ABI!!!! What are you knitting? Looks like a wash cloth. I love to knit too but burnt out
after 10 years of knitting everyday. Now I'm just playing games on my tablet at night while I watch TV. My
husband doesn't understand how I can do both...but hey, I'm a Woman...we know how to Multi-task right? lol
Hope you come back often and share a little bit about who you are. This is a fun place to hang out and be
connected with other Farm Sisters.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!

Yes, it's a washcloth. I made it up for a knitting class I had today. Taught a beginning knit class and a beginning crochet class. And now I'm enjoying sangria.
Go to Top of Page

ConGrazia
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

Kathy
Yellville Arkansas
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  09:28:06 AM  Show Profile
Hello, sister Farmgirls; It was an absolutely stunning fall day yesterday! 17-yr-old Audrey and I launched into the day in a frenzy. Buddy was gathering up his woodcutting equipment and couldn't find the chainsaw mix or the chain sharpener. The boys, Hunter & Forrest (also 17--the three of them are triplets) weren't home--they had stayed over at their brother Mark's new rental house last night. So we girls had to do search & rescue on Buddy's firewood expedition. I found the gas can and Audrey found the sharpener. We saw him off to the kudzu field over the ridge where a tornado had knocked down several huge trees, and made it to town in time for the parade. We had to put off the sheep til later.

The Big Yellow Dog walked through the crowded Yellville square like he owned it! He made lots of young friends as he sat and watched the parade; especially my grandsons and other children scrambling to catch the candy thrown from the firetrucks. He howled in tune with all of the blaring sirens. I campaigned heavily this year on behalf of the marching bands. Why doesn't anyone clap for them? I did. :)Memories of my own marching band days..BYD and I circled the square once after the parade, but it was so crowded this year I moved on sooner than usual and headed for my car. As I was loading up the dog, a plane flew over low, and, sure enough! Out popped a turkey which glided to the ground.

Buddy was very satisfied with the amount of wood he was able to cut up--the triplets, Forrest, Hunter & Audrey, headed over to help him after we got home from town. After changing a flat tire on the truck, they cut two pick-up loads and got them over the ridge and stacked next to the outdoor wood furnace. They are amazing to watch when they work together. Buddy had raised (and home-schooled) them on his own since they were 6, and the 4 of them are quite a team.

After the wood was stacked, Buddy and I headed to Sunrise Farm to check on the sheep. It seems like there is always fence-patching to do. We watched the flock for a bit, and decided that we really like the naturally polled ram better than the one with the huge horns. I gazed around Sunrise Farm a bit, dreamed of the day when I would have my series of paddocks for rotational grazing, and watched memories pop out of every landmark on the farm like some interactive game operated by a glance.

We drove back into Yellville and I strolled around the (less crowded) square once more, hand-in-hand with the wonderful man I met and fell for on the very same spot. We caught up with old friends, then sat on the stone wall that outlines the old courthouse lawn and ate toasted ravioli. The band started up at twilight. We decided to head over to Wal-Mart to pick up a hunting license for me. We circled the large crowd of town folks seated in their lawn chairs on the street, watching the kids run around. Buddy pulled me to the edge of the crowd, gave me a kiss, and danced with me to "My Best Friend" right there on the street, under the stars. Then we left.

Did you get a rainstorm, PeggyAnn? It's been dry here--some rain would be great--then I could get a burn pile going next to my garden!

With Grace & Truth
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  12:34:46 PM  Show Profile
Happy Blessed SonDay Gals! It's chilly, breezy and sunny today! Typical fall for N.E.Ohio. Was high 40's last night. If the 10 day forecast holds out it's current forecast, our first night for 'Jack Frost" is the 16th.Making a mental note to spray soapy water on houseplants so I can bring the in from porch before the freeze.
Welcome to and back to the porch Kathy, Abi and Tracy! Come sit with us often for some chats, giggles,tears and lots and lots of "Hugs&Squeezles!" This is a warm and wonderful bunch of ladies that I'm proud to call my 'Porch-Buds!' *here ya go...hands you all a hot cuppa* Enjoy!
Wanda, I'm so sorry for your sorrow, losing your mother. I can empathize because I lost my sweet Mama last August to lymphoma. She was diagnosed and gone in a short 15 months. Every day since then has it's reminders of her in it. I Loved Her So! She was more than a GREAT Mom and mentor,she was my best friend, travel companion, music lover and we made each other laugh a lot! She loved a good boogie on the radio and never passed up a chance to dance. Her cooking and baking skills were amazing!
Then in May of this year I lost my 'Brother-in-Love!' I say it that way because I didn't have any brothers, only a sister. I really wanted a brother. So when my sister, who's older than I by 3 years, got married, I was 15. I got the Brother of my dreams...finally. He was my amazing brother for 45 years. He was diagnosed with Mesothelioma and gone in 5 1/2 weeks. WEEKS! My sister and I are just flabbergasted...LOST...empty!
So if you were here, I'd be hugging you daily, we'd be close in heart because of loss! We'd be our own support group, grief counselors! I am SO sorry for your loss!!Big Hugs Sista!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 11 2015 12:37:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  12:51:16 PM  Show Profile
....ok...I accidentally bumped the send key. hahaha Not done yet!hahaha
so....Kathy....Yellville? Really? How cute! And I can't believe they actually threw a turkey out of a plane. I know they can fly and they glide amazingly...but still...too funny! That had to be a sight. I may google that and watch a video if they have one. (still giggling)
Lorie, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's cancer. I will Pray for her. Give her a HUG&Squeezle for me in memory of my own sweet Mama!
Many Hugs&Prayers going out to you all! You all deserve it! You are the BEST!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  1:04:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...hopping on here real quickly before we head out to the last Church Service of the day. I was tired from
my time with the kids yesterday but I had lots of fun with my grandson...so that makes it worth it. But we finally
got our new Iphones yesterday...except for Sadie she wants the bigger one because she does her business on it. So,
she has to wait 2 more weeks for hers. If I would have known how user friendly the IPhone is...I would have switched
a long time ago. Oh, it makes my Samsung Galaxy 5 seem complicated. LOL And I loved that phone too. But I am a Tech.
Geek. I love the newest gadget!!! But it took 3 hours at the phone Store to get two of us set up with new phones.
Sadie and Shane can go do hers when it comes in...it wore us Grandma's out. We did go out to lunch at a new Asian
Comfort Food Restaurant...which was amazingly Great! And I toured my son's New Office Blding that they just bought. It
has been painted and the flooring goes in this week and all the Offices will be moved over in two weeks. It is a much nicer bldg and better location than they have had for the last 15 years. Farther from home but Oh, well...can't be ALL
Perfect now can it.

Kathy...No Rain storm as predicted. High winds and a few showers...was all! We really could have used that rain too!!
Suppose to be nice and in the 70's all week here. I'm loven that!!! ~ You guys had a full day at the Turkey Trot didn't you? I still think you are pulling our drumsticks about the Turkey dropped out of a plane!!! And you have a romantic
husband don't you?

Judy...Oh, goodness girl you sound all perky and happy today!!! Probably because it's Sonday right?

Abi...your welcome...now come back and stay awhile!!!

OK...gotta get going to Church.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  1:34:36 PM  Show Profile
um...no, Peg, she's tellin' the truth about the 'Turkey Trot Turkey Drop!' I googled it and watched a video from a few years ago. A random by-stander took it. If they spread their wings they just glide to the ground.
Then people are suppose to catch them if they can, I guess. Turkeys aren't very bright!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2015 :  2:28:40 PM  Show Profile
Lorie - Bless your heart. You have your hands full. So glad you're feeling better. Prayers for you, your situation, and your mom.

Judy - I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your mama and brother-in-law. You and I do have an awful lot in common. I had one brother, three years older than me, birthdays on July 11, and 23rd. He died on July 29, just 18 days after he turned 7 and 6 days after I turned 4. It was lymphoma. My mother also died of cancer, about 2 1/2 months after it was diagnosed. My daddy died of cancer in Jan. 1979, leaving me the only living member of my original family since I was 31. So I can relate to that feeling you described. Only, for me, there's that almost eerie feeling that there is a reason why I'm still here and trusting God to show me what it is. After your last post, I almost feel like I know you.
Big Hugs backatcha!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

TheKnittingFarmgirl
Farmgirl in Training

17 Posts

Abi
Port Lavaca TX
USA
17 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  10:34:05 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon, sweet sister friends!

I submitted for my first merit badge yesterday! Eek!

Knit On,
Abi
Farmgirl #6692
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 13 2015 :  2:58:59 PM  Show Profile
Great job Abi! What was the badge for? I need to work on some more, but me oh my, I just cannot seem to find the time!

I would love to sit here and comment on everyone's recent posts, but I just cannot find the time to do it right now. I am still trying to find the balance in my life! I managed to do school with the older three, as well as clean up the house (it was beyond a disaster!), but I never did school with the younger two that I normally school. It seems like if I school all of them, I cannot clean... And wen I clean I cannot get all the school done. And if I craft then everything goes out the window, lol.

Anyways, around here we are still dealing with massive amounts of water! The temperatures are finally cooler, but we have so much standing water, that it is not safe to let the kids go out and play! We ended up getting more rain this past weekend, so our already overflowing drains, ponds, rivers and lakes are even worse! From what I have heard, the farmers in the area have lost their summer crop, their Fall crop that they just planted, and as far as the perennial plantings, we will see the effects the next couple years :( It will really effect the fruit crops in the future, such as the strawberries, blueberries and peach orchards. I know friends of ours have closed their CSA for right now, which is really really sad.

We made it to church ths past Sunday..l the first time since Emi was born! I did not get to sit in the service, as I had to nurse Emi, but it was so lovely to be back!!!

Well I Ned to go feed a baby again. Talk with you guys soon :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page