Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2015 :  9:21:11 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,

Welcome to the new gals. Read this page and that's it for me right now.

Just wanted you to know that I got the tea in the mail today. Enjoy..

It's after midnight and I'm going to bed. Had a busy day outside. More later.. hugs

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  12:04:18 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...Thanks for getting the Tea out Sista!!! Glad to have you on The Porch for even just a
minute. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers!!!

Abi...which Merit Badge did you go for???

Judy...really??? They really drop Turkeys from a plane? That is just so stinken funny!!! I can't believe it!
So, if you catch the Turkey do you get to take him home for Dinner? Oh, goodness...how we amuse ourselves in
different parts of the Country. In the Northwest we catapult pumpkins for fun!!! It is really fun to watch.
And they do contests for who can get their pumpkin the farthest. But I don't think we've tried dropping them
from planes yet. LOL

Wanda...you and Judy do seem to have a lot of shared sorrow in common. Don't know if that is a good thing or not
but at least you can relate to each other.

Not much happening around here except I have about a thousand fruit flies driving me NUTS! Usually I just put out
some small bowls with soapy water and honey...and I kill them off pretty fast. But this year it seems like for
every hundred I kill 300 more show up the next day. I went and bought an Organic Spray that is suppose to kill
over 100 different types of bugs. And Oh, my goodness the smell of Wintergreen is so over powering it burns your eyes. Then we have to open up the windows and the door to The Porch and run 3 fans non-stop. The spray kills them instantly but I swear they come back to life the next morning. This is the worst we have ever had them. It is like they have morphed into Bionic Fruit Flies. And I
have put all the fruit and veggies in the frig. so nothing is sitting out. If anyone has in suggestions I am all ears.

Have a great weekend girls!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 17 2015 12:07:48 AM
Go to Top of Page

beachymom
True Blue Farmgirl

467 Posts

Kathy
Manchester Tennessee
USA
467 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  08:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - we also had a real problem with flies. Over abundant garden and all the rain equals more flies. I use an old wasp trap with Apple cider vinegar in it. Works great. Sucks them in & kills them dead. So much that I have to empty the trap almost every other day. Never tried soapy water & honey.

Thought I'd post a pic of my 'white' quilt.

When I finish my 'black' quilt, I'll post a pic of that one. It's a work in progress.

Not sure if I'm really liking this cooler weather. I mean, I love the fall weather, leaves changing, not so much heat & humidity but I get so much more hurts, you know? I used to think my grandfather was a bit touched when he used to tell me that he could predict a storm coming.

Well, I'm off to sew. Later ladies.

Hugs and Squishies!!

Kathy

Farmgirl Sister #3983

Take care of the land and it will take care of you.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  09:06:10 AM  Show Profile
Hi All, Peg, I guess the kid in the video I watched was gonna keep his turkey as a pet. haha Name that bird, 'Lucky!'
Kathy, THAT quilt is just Gorgeous!!! Makes me think of Spring.
Happy Sweetest Day to all my Sweet Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Oct 17 2015 2:03:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  09:11:53 AM  Show Profile
Kathy...Oh, I love your White/Colorful Quilt! How pretty!!! And yes, please do share a picture of your Black one
when you get it done. ~ The soap with honey theory is this: the sweetness of the honey attracts them to the bowl
and then the soap on their wings keeps them from being able to fly away and they die in the bowl. I have already
killed bowls full of them but they just keep reproducing I guess. ~ No, your Grandpa was right if you have Arthritis,
Fibro, Lupus and MS (any of the joint pain or muscle pain) you can feel the storms two days out and pain with every
system coming and going. I do better with my Fibro and Arthritis Pain when a Storm system comes and stays 3 or 4 days
and then moves out; my body will acclimate to that storm after 2 or 3 days. But those Storms that go through several
times per day for a week are the real killer on the body and chronic fatigue. It is that constant barometric changes
that can keep my in my PJ's for a week. I have a girlfriend...with young children...and if they think bad weather might
ruin their day they will say to their mom, "Will you call Aunt Peggy and ask her if it is really going to rain this
weekend?" LOL Sad but true story!

Well, speaking of rain...it is doing it's thing here right now. I could feel it coming the last two days...but I
forced myself to get errands run and go to my favorite books store before the weekend came.

More Later My Friend,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2015 :  2:10:05 PM  Show Profile
My sinuses act up terribly before a major rain or storm. Can you say HEADACHE!haha
Today is only 45 degrees and gray and breezy. Tonight is suppose to freeze.Possibly tomorrow night too.
Glad I brought my plants in last evening. It's a 'cuddle in the warmth of my home and read or watch Netflix' kinda day!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2015 :  7:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Did you thaw out yet Judy? I had to get the fur lined bras and flannel bloomers out this weekend!!! All the water buckets had ice on them Sunday morning. It got down to 25! Not ready for that yet!!

Got your tea today Patsy -- Choc mint is my favorite!!!

Kathy - love the quilt. I always say I'm going to make one some day. Some day hasn't arrived yet - LOL!!!

Peggy - I take a cup and put a little squirt of dishsoap in it then add apple cider vinegar and give it a little swirl. It always catches all my fruit flies. I'll have to try the honey thing.

We have a cow due in 10 days. I'm excited. It's been a while since we had a calf and we only have 2 left. The other's due Nov. 6. The one due in 10 days is Olivia - she's my favorite cow. I hope it's a red heifer :) I also hope it's not snowing by then! It did warm up today, but it's very windy.

Welcome to all the new porchies. I have some fried apples with brown sugar and cinnamon on them if anyone wants some. Help yourselves. I need to get around for bed. It's after 10 already - not enough hours in the day.

Oh - just in case you were wondering - only 66 days 1 hour and 46 minutes left until Christmas *giggling*
Have a great week everyone.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  12:03:27 AM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

I made a big Pot of Home-made soup tonight. One of those everything but the Kitchen sink kind of soups.
It was yummy!!!

Heather...your fried Apples went nicely with my soup. Hot & spicy with your sweet apples & cinnamon slices. Perfect!
You just had to ruin my Night with the Christmas Countdown didn't you??? My birthday is on Sunday and once that hits,
then Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas just fly by. Now add a trip to Spokane Monday for our son's Sentencing and then home on Tues. Then in two weeks a trip to Seattle to play with the Grand-daughters for a week. Then the new baby
Dec. 17th and everything will be one continual blur of activity. And I'm tired just thinking about it. Whew! I know
some of you girls do all that in one days time but Not me any more!!!

Patsy...thanks for the Teas girl. I got them today!!! I'm sending you kisses for the Chocolate Mint!!! LOL You know me and my Chocolate Addiction!!! Also, Loved The Name Card!!! Oh, yeah the Herbal Hazel Nut Coffee in a Teabag sounds good
good too. Thank You So Much for making my day!!!

Judy...Oh, I'm sorry you are getting freezing weather already. I haven't even had to turn my heat on yet this Fall. I
don't think I will need to until some time in November. I saw New York got 9 inches of Snow today and California is
Still getting 9 feet of Mud! We just are having the strangest weather in the U.S. Today Salem OR had a big funnel Cloud
but it never touched down...which is a good thing!!

Yoohoo Teacher Tammy...where are you??? Did your husband lose you when he re-arranged your Classroom for you???

Also, Prairie Gypsy Tammy...you are MIA again too. Come on girls...it's too soon to hitch up the Posse again.

Alright bed is calling my Name...More tomorrow Girlies!

Hugs and More Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  02:43:57 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! It is a little after five the morning here.. I am up feeding a baby, then this tired momma is going back to bed, Lord willing!

Yesterday was a fantastic Fall feeling day for us! The night before (and last night) we had lows in the 40s, with a high yesterday in the 60s. It was rather amusing seeing people in heavy coats! I took the kids to a local corn maze with some other home schooling friends.it was my first outing with all seven children, by myself (hubby is gone for the week). I was quite proud of myself! We played in corn boxes (think sand boxes filled with corn), played ona huge pile of old tractor tires,partially buried in sand,pet the farm animals, rode the tractor pulled hayride, and of course went through the corn maze. Afterwards, we had a picnic lunch. Such a lovely time! I think we may go back next week,with my hubby. He usually loves going on that field trip each year. I am hoping my two year old reacts to the chickens in the same way! She literally sat on the ground next to the run, called the chickens to come to her (which they actually did!) and talked and pet them for a good while. She sure does miss our old chickens,as does my oldest! (so do i, to tell you the truth!)

Today we are focusing on school and the house, which I neglected yesterday, with being gone all day. Three loads of laundry need to be done, and general cleaning, in between feeding Emi and schooling the kids. We start astronomy today, so the kids are pretty excited about that! I am hoping to get a little crafting in, but I am not sure that is going to happen...

Peggy Ann - continuing to pray regarding your son!

Heather - ummm panic attack time! I have SO MUCH to do for Christmas. I usually am way ahead of where I am this year, but with trying to sell the house (closing date as of right now is November 5th) and the birth of Emi, not much has been accomplished on that front!
Excited for you regarding the birth of the calves! Looking forward to more pictures!

Judy - did it freeze? I know it did up in Virginia.

Kathy - the quilt is beautiful! One day I will make a quilt... One day

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile
Dear Friends, I am on for just a moment. I just caught up on this page. Our computer is dying. Not sure what we will get next. DH says probably a tablet. We'll see.

Patsy, I love your tea choices! Yummy for Fall. The little card totally cracked me up! I couldn't believe the weather you've had already.

Peggy, your activities make my head spin. So Busy!!

Shannon, you are so busy too. I don't think you ever stop.

Kathy, I just love your beautiful quilt!!! Thank you for the photo!

Nov. 2 we will leave for a trip to Michigan by St. Clair River to see our DGD and g-grand daughter. We will take our daughter who is DGD's mom. They haven't seen each other since March! Can't wait!

Hugs and prayers for all of you!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2015 :  9:28:33 PM  Show Profile
Wow, buzybuzybuzy!lol Yes, it froze big time here just like Heather said. I got up at 7am and couldn't believe how white everything was with a super thick frost. It got really cold the next night too but Jack Frost didn't poke his nose out that time. I think he emptied his frost bag completely that first night.lol
Now today it was 70. I think it's going to be warmer for a few days. I put my mattress pad warmer on the bed today so I'm ready for the next chilly round.(mmm...chilly...that sounds good) Ok, I digress!lol
Heather, really enjoyed your fried apples. Had 2 helpings.mmm Thanks! Peg doesn't know it but I snuck in and had some of her soup too. She also doesn't know it, but I put in that piece of the kitchen sink that she left out. rofl
Ya, I use the dish soap/vinegar mix to catch those pesky knits too. It works great. I ain't wasting any of my good honey on those bugs.No way/no how!! hahaha I love my honey.Can't ya tell?
We took a ride today to see the changing leaves. They aren't very colorful yet. I figure maybe the frost we had will hurry them along a little. Maybe next week.
Today on our drive I saw some chickens running around a yard and they were white with brown or red wings. So I figured I'd give my hubby a laugh, so I had a blonde moment and said, "Oh look, those chickens wings have already been BBQ'd. Isn't that great? Saves time!" hahahahaha
Ok, maybe ya had to be there. *giggle-snort*
Well Porch-Buds have a peaceful, restful night! Dream of BBQ wings!
Love ya'll!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2015 :  12:35:44 AM  Show Profile
`Oh Judy My Girl it is so good to have your sense of Humor back!!! We Missed it!!! We understood all your
sadness (Patsy's too) but boy it's Wonderful to get on here and get some much needed *snorts and giggles*
out of you. ~ I have to admit that I bought a medium size jar of local Honey and it cost me almost $10.00
and I don't really like sharing it with those knit wits either!!! LOL But I first tried the Apple Cider Vinegar
and Dawn Soap and I only killed a few of them. So just like my soup...I just started throwing everything but
the kitchen sink in there... anything sweet into that dish soap that I could think of. I killed more but I
swear they were mating like rabbits and the next morning I would get up and have thousands more. That is when
I went to the Store and bought that Eco-Smart Organic Pest Control. That stuff works but it smell almost as
bad as skunk but in a nicer way. It has a very heavy scent of Wintergreen that is so strong it burns your
retina. Well, they are almost all gone now but still not completely. ~ Maybe if I had some of those BBQ'd chickens
you were talken about...maybe they would eat my bugs...instead of me eating them. All I know is I want them all
gone before I leave for Spokane so I don't come home to a Billion more!! ~ Oh, by the way...I thought my soup tasted
better today...thanks for throwen the sink in there for me!!

Judith...glad you popped on! My upcoming Schedule has my head spinning too. LOL You know us Fibro gals can't handle
more that 1 thing a week or we go into a tail spin and start hyper-ventilating. My family is already asking me where
I want to go to eat for my Birthday...I told them "Just Surprise Me because IF I have to decide it will be six months
from now." LOL ~ Well, that sounds like a fun little trip you have planned with the GGRND-Daughter and Grnd-daughter.
Drive carefully! I heard that upper Michigan got snow this week too. Seems way too early but maybe not.

Shannon...You are very talented to be able to breast feed and type at the same time. I thought I was a good multi-tasker
but I never tried that one! LOL ~ Sounds like you and the kids had some amazing Fall Fun!!! Those are the kinds of things
they will always remember. I think my youngest son does so much for me because him and I had once a week date nights while he was growing up. The other two boys were out on their own by the time Shane was in High School and he even worked
for me at the two different Christian Books Stores I managed. So...after he graduated we just kept doing once a week
date nights only now he plans them. LOL And brings my lovely DIL, Precious Grandson and MIL...and we all have a blast together. All this to tell you that the time and love you put into your kids comes back to you two-fold when they grow
up.

OK...off to check my FB and then head to bed with a good book. I get to go to my Antique Store (my favorite one in
Portland, OR tomorrow. Plan to do a little Christmas Shopping there while DH goes to the Hospital for a blood draw.

More Later...Sweet Dreams,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2015 :  12:47:32 PM  Show Profile
Sorry for the panic attacks girls, but to be truthful I'm kind of flipping out about it too. I'm not having much time to sit down and work on gifts and the budget is just too tight to buy much this year. But, Christmas isn't all about the gifts so it'll be what it is and I'm doing my best to remember that and relax.

Peggy - it sounds like you're even more busy than I am!!! What a schedule! I hope you're having a good time antiquing today :)

Judy - I can't quit laughing! I agree with Peggy - it's nice to have your giggles and snorts back :) I needed a good laugh today - thanks.

Shannon - sounds like you and the kids had a great day! Any pictures to share? I'd love to hold Emi for you for a while so you can get some work done:)

Not much else to report here. Just wanted to see what everyone was up to while I enjoyed my cup of tea. Better get back to crocheting before milking.
Hugs,

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  05:05:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for being missing again, I've been crazy busy. The semester is more than half over and it feels like it just started. I have 5 CC classes left before Christmas break, 3 home Ec classes and 6 of my Thursday Homeschool room/study (really counting down that one). I'm hoping next semester is a little smoother with another day at home. I'm really not sure what else I can or should cut except that one.

Shannon-I'm so sorry I was gone for so long and didn't see your post on your rough day!! I SOOOO get it!! I have finally gotten baby into a reasonable schedule BUT it only works if we are HOME and I'm holding him while he naps. I want to enjoy every minute, I enjoy most of them and I love him dearly but I also have three other kids to feed, clean up after and otherwise care for. They help a lot but still it gets a bit stressed when I'm needing to do something for them and can't. That said he just started crawling so I know it will get better (different anyway). And I'm with you on not being able to craft I miss it so but I know some day I'll have time again! I'm doing a little but a VERY little, mostly when I'm at kids' activities and the baby is asleep or a friend wants to hold him!!

Ok I know I'm missing tons of stuff to reply to each of you but I'm trying to get through all the posts before baby gets upset again. I'll try HARD to check more often. Going to the next page to try to finish catching up now!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Norwex www.sabrinascheerer.norwex.biz
Usborne Books and More! https://j4070.myubam.com

~~~Blog coming soon!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  05:20:25 AM  Show Profile
I'm glad I'm not the only one trying to get Christmas presents together already. I usually try to be done or close to done before thanksgiving that way I can relax and enjoy the season and not make it about shopping. Also, I avoid the crazies in the stores that time of year!! I bought both girls their "big" present (we do three presents from us and stocking stuffers). I am going to make a mermaid tail blanket and doll clothes for Sofia, I'm going to make doll clothes and something else for Sydney but have't quite figured it out yet. I am not worried about the baby since he won't even know what is going on, I'd like to make him a couple things and hubby said we should just wrap some baby toys we have and let him open them, might do just that! (Things he hasn't gotten yet). I'm also planning on making a waldorf doll for all four of them, I have the kits just need to get them done. Now for David, my 4-year-old I am at a complete loss for what to do. He will get a doll as well and I'm planning to make some dress up items, knight outfit (he already has a sword and shield), cape(s) and maybe some animal masks. He loves food so hubby says buy a couple baking mixes and make a "coupon book" of special foods he can request I make on certain days and redeem his coupons. It isn't a horrible idea and I might do it but that still leaves one more gift.....I may just package the dress up stuff in two different bags but not sure. One girl is getting a camera and the other is getting bongo drums so I feel like he needs a "bigger" present, on the other hand he probably won't care.

My list of things to make looks like this:
Mermaid tail blanket (need to order yarn)
Something crocheted for Sydney (I'm thinking fingerless gloves, hat, boot cuffs maybe a shawl of some sort)
Doll clothes for both girls, Syd requested a mattress for her baby bed she might get that instead of clothes
Crocheted knight "helmet" gloves and "chainmaille" shirt plus I will sew a tunic
Some other sort of dress up stuff for David
baby toys
I'm thinking about a dragon blanket for the baby
4 waldorf dolls

So I better get busy :)

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  06:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday To Me!!! Hee Hee!!!

My youngest Son and Family took me out yesterday for my Birthday Fun because it is going to rain on My Parade
today!! I will have to stay home so I don't melt in the rain...like the Wicked Witch of the West!! I also have
to get a few things packed for our trip to Spokane tomorrow. It is going to be a killer trip that is for sure.
And my husband informs me last night at 10:00 pm that he needs a pair of slacks hemmed and ironed before we go.
Why do men have to wait until the last minute???? I also have to drop our dog off at the kids house tonight
so I don't have to deal with that in the morning. Please pray about Daniels Sentencing at 1:30 Pacific Time
on Tuesday the 27th.

OK...my kids took me to our favorite Restaurant in Portland yesterday. And I had Prime Rib and Shrimp and it was so
Scrumptious!!! I think we just had a nice leisurely 3 hour meal. They gave me lots of wonderful gifts...one of
which is was $75.00 to my favorite Antique store that I had just gone to. But that is Great because I never get
tired of going there. ~ I have to share with you that my Grandson was just all about loven on This Grandmama yest-
erday because I hadn't seen him for a little over a week. The other Grandma lives with them so they have daily
time together when she isn't at work. Any how all day yesterday he wanted this Grandma (me) to do everything with him
and for him...which I just ate up. But when we dropped them off at their house so Elijah could go to bed...we
got out of the car and there was a Gorgeous almost full Harvest Moon in the sky and it had the yellow and orange
rings around it. So, I pointed it out to Elijah and I said isn't that pretty? and He said, "Yeah, pretty like
Grandmama!" Awwwwe... My heart just melted right into a puddle!!! Made my whole day!!!

Sabrina...so, nice to hear from you girl!!! Always active and so busy but things will smooth out a bit once baby can get
moving on his own. Then he will have new worlds to explore! Usually once that happens (as you know) their interests
expand and they start a little independence. So hang in there mom...he'll be walking before you know it and then
it will be "betcha kind find me time". LOL

Heather...I do have a busier schedule the next 3 months than I care to have, plus I just added two more things
to that List but I will just try to take it one day at a time and go with the flow and try not to look at the
big picture. Then I won't get overwhelmed. ~ I hear you about tight budgets too. As we start going into the Holidays
it is hard not to wig out over the expenses. Everything just costs so much more. Every time I go to the Grocery
Store I come home and say, "OK, honey we have to quit eating...we can't afford it!" And we live in the part of the
Country where there is no longer affordable housing. Two bedroom apartments rent for what 2 bedroom homes use to
rent for...around $1,350 a month or higher. It is so Crazy!!!

Ok...forget all the doom and gloom!!!

Hope you all have a Great Sonday!!! And I will be off the grid for a couple of days!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2015 :  06:18:23 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...what are Waldorf Dolls?

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  02:56:58 AM  Show Profile
They are baby dolls based on the principles of waldorf education, I'm not sure how else to explain it. They are soft, made of natural materials and have neutral expressions to encourage imagination. If you Google you will find lots of examples. The older three kids are getting dolls with changeable clothes, done baby is getting one that is all attached. I'll take pics when they are done.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  5:21:36 PM  Show Profile
hello my dears,
I thought I best fly in here for a few minutes. Last week was just something else. So am hoping this week will be a bit more normal.

Patsy thank you for the tea. I have enjoyed it a great deal.
Welcome to the new gals So nice to have you on the porch.

This last week my sweet daughter in laws mama passed away suddenly. So I was with her part of the week to help with grandsons while she and her family planned the funeral. She has taken it very hard and she is looking to me to be her mama now. Then I had parent teacher conferences and then flew the coop for teacher convention for two days and by Friday I was just plain tired. My butterfly wings were just limp. No flying for them for a few days. I took the weekend to regroup.
This week my hubby is in Kentucky all week for National FFA Convention. So he is hoping his students will be good while he is gone. Upon his return wrestling season will begin and I will not see him much. :( That is the life of a coach's wife. I was hoping when my sons were done this past year, he would think about not doing that. I am hopeful this will be his last year of coaching. He would still teach but as he says his body just can't do it anymore.

My dear sons are doing well in college. Trying to find their niche and learning to be who they are. We have had some heart to hearts and I see God really molding them and while it is challenging they are doing well. They have made it through midterm of first sememster. Their classes are challenging and keeping them busy. I believe they have learned a lot and had a few surprises along the way.

The weather here has been beautiful but we are to hit the freeze mark this week for lows and only be in the 50s for daytime highs. But I love the crisp mornings and the beautiful colors. Not ready for the cold yet.

well I think I wrote a book. So I believe it is time for tea.
Yall have a great evening.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2015 :  5:44:22 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY PEGGY!!!! Sounds like you had a great time with your little man. I'll be praying extra for Daniel tonight and tomorrow.

Sabrina - I like the coupon idea. I always have my niece and nephew over to make Christmas cookies with me. It's a special time for all of us in the kitchen. I bet your son would love it.

Tammy - sounds like a crazy week! I hope this one is much better for you.

Hopefully I'll have pictures soon of a new calf!! Not much else is new.
Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  7:51:13 PM  Show Profile
Hello gals! Today was 50's and sunny and tonight it's raining.
Peg, I hope you had a great birthday! Sounds like you did. I sent you an e-card. Hope you got it. Patsy got some of hers and some she didn't.
Tammy, i'm glad to hear that the boys are settling in well. It's so much easier on you knowing that they are finding their niche.
Well, that's about it for me.
G'nite Porchies!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2015 :  10:17:40 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - if I am not mistaking, sentencing was today (the 27th). Continuing to pray Sister!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  12:49:32 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies and Prayer Warriors...

Daniels Sentencing...almost 4 hrs long. God heard our prayers and answered. 3 1/2 years with last 6 months out for good behavior. Then upon release 3 yrs probation and fine of 12,000 dollars. More to share later...we are home and rejoicing that God softened the Judges Heart as we had prayed. We would have loved no more jail time but are thrilled that it wasn't 34 years as the Prosecution Wanted. Praise His Holy Name!!! God was so Present in that Court Room...it was unbelievable!
Thanks for your many prayers Everyone!!! I will share more after I get some sleep. 733 miles in a little more than 24 hours and a lot of sitting and sharing in between. My mom and I had a great visit and I see God working in her life!
Also, when we got home...our Refrigerator, Freezer and Pantry was freshly stocked with food by our Youngest Son (made me cry!)
LIFE IS MESSY BUT GOD IS CRAZY GOOD!!!

love and many hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 28 2015 12:51:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2015 :  1:31:30 PM  Show Profile
OH Peggy, you brought tears to my eyes twice, for God's hand in all of this and for what your son did.
Praise God, Praise God, Praise God!!!
Sleep a sweet sleep 'Dear Sister'!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2015 :  2:54:54 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals!
I'm sorry I 'fell off the face of the earth'. Lots of home and family drama have interrupted my computer time. I'm sure y'all all have had those moments, days or even weeks.

I have received all my teas and have enjoyed them. Thanks to all on the tea swap! Everyone is so sweet and generous.

I will read through the most recent pages here to catch up.

Blessings!
Catherine

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page