Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  02:53:33 AM  Show Profile
Judy - "Ham burning"?!?!?! Oh my! I almost peed my pants laughing so hard! I had no idea where you were going with that comment at first! I keep driving my hubby nuts and dropping the air. I am so tired of being hot and it is only April!

Peggy - praying for you today, and your hubby, through the funeral service! Also continuing to pray regarding your step son. Praying for God's hand to intervene on all of your behalves!

Wanda - oh so many (((hugs))) to you! You are one strong woman! Your property sounds gorgeous! I have worked with some herbs, but have so much more to learn!!! What is your book about? Might have to check it out :) Always ready to help out a Farmgirl sister! And I don't think there is a possible way to share "too much" here on the porch. Love these ladies!!!

PGTammy - oh my! Bipolar for certain! That is how we were in March. I had planted part of my seeds outside, and then we got cold... had to cover them with hoop houses! My poor pea plants still haven't figured out what to do! I should have been harvesting this month, but they are still figuring things out! I'll probably have to pull them out next month, as it will be too hot and they will all die! Glad to hear there isn't a warrant out for your arrest yet, and hubby is still alive ;) How disappointing about the campers - though I am sure the perfect one is out there! Medically, it sounds challenging... hoping all turns out well and they help your feelings of tiredness!

Sabrina - so glad things are getting better! I'm interested to see if they are going to let you stop the wound care... (this is the nurse in me!) When my c-section split open after Sam (my emergency c-section due to placenta abruptia and prolapsed cord), I had to pack it every day until it completely healed! Thankfully, they let me and my hubby do it, so I didn't have to drive to the base everyday! I have to admit, I liked the control of how quick it was done - I wanted the packing out quickly, so I was the one that yanked it out! Sorry if that is too many details for some of you! As for the antibiotic - do you have access to probiotics over there? I know Lee is going to have to have some, especially with the antibiotic they have him on! It is one of the heaviest antibiotics they give out of the hospital!!! As far as cloth diapering - yes ma'am. I've never used wool covers, but would love to learn! How much more natural could you be, than with wool!?!? I'll let you know after Wednesday if it is indeed a girl! Then you can teach me :) Oh - and with the binders, I'll e-mail you :) But it is basically the same type thing, though I also have a couple other dividers in it, and just decorated in a fun way :) Praying for your hubby!!! I'm not sure how much of a stickler the army is, but be careful depending on if he wants to finish his career, rushing for a knee replacement! My cousin was Air Force... at 18 years he had to get a partial replacement... then they med boarded him and kicked him out... not medically retired, but completely kicked him out, so no benefits, other than using the VA hospital and a severance package with some pay from the VA... but of course it is reduced because he has to "pay back" the severance package. This is why my hubby is waiting on another back surgery. We only have 18 months left until retirement! We are trying to wait until he "pushes the button" to get the next surgery!

well it is almost 0600 here... I've been up since about 3 :/ gonna be a long day! Lee is medicated around the clock with pain meds and an antibiotic every eight hours. He has to be carried up and down the steps, assisted to the bathroom, assisted dressing, and with other normal daily needs. When the meds are at their peak, he has some interest in reading, coloring, and such. Today we start wound care. I am still very much so in "nurse mode" - not sure it has hit me as a mommy yet. I'm kinda worried that when it does, I'm going to fall apart. We shall see! He was up multiple times during the night, due to pain, needing to use the bathroom, etc - this may be why I am up so early. Hubby had to go in to work for awhile this morning.... hoping he is not too late coming home! Lee is light (though 9 yo, he only weighs about 50 pounds), but I really do not want to carry him down the steps!

Hopefully we will hear something about dad's test results today. Apparently Friday the doctor had taken off for a long weekend!!!! I know everyone deserves a vacation - just selfishly seems like bad timing ;) Hoping we will hear something today!

Today I am going to try to get my house straight, work on some stuff for the penpal thing I am in charge of, and my oldest's next unit study for reading. Those are my goals any ways ;) We are suppose to be getting more rain, and then finally two day break! Well, I need to go wake Lee up for his antibiotic. Talk with you all soon :)

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  1:58:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi, farm sisters! Just a quick on and off the porch to thank Luanne for the tea package! The whole package was a real treat. However, those tuck ins were adorable! Made me want to run out and buy a little black dress!
Thinking of all of you!
Right now, little missy ggd is up from very short nap and ggma has to run again...
Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  10:35:12 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies - just thought I'd quickly pop on to welcome Wanda! I'm glad you shared your story - will let us know how we can pray for you :) What kind/subject book are you just getting published? That's so exciting!!

Praying for you all in each of your concern's...I'm not a night person...and it's nearing 11pm after a busy busy day of teaching piano, so I'm ready to go to bed :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  06:04:14 AM  Show Profile
Shannon-I am just now trying out wool for the first time myself but I'll help as much as I can :) just let me know when you know for sure and I'll put these in the mail.

Luanne, I got your tea package! Seems quick since others are also just now getting theirs. Thanks!!

The doc yesterday said that if it looks good on Wed we would stop doing....something....I'm not clear on what (language barrier) but I think after speaking to a nurse friend that he is saying they will stop irrigating it. Shannon I think you are correct that they will keep packing it until it heals. Which is annoying but I understand why. Hopefully it heals quickly, it seems like they are putting less packing in each time and hubby thinks it is getting smaller.

Busy today trying to get some homeschooling stuff back in order and at least start getting the kids back on a schedule (even though we are still making every other day trips to the doc). Getting things that got disorganized at the end of my pregnancy more organized again, setting the schedule back up and looking into some things to add to our school. Also getting the girl's scout stuff in order and figuring out what we need to finish up this summer to meet our goals. All this in the few minutes here and there the baby lets me put him down!!

I feel like so many things have been neglected the last couple months I'm a bit overwhelmed by it all.

We are also having some anger issues from my 5-year-old. I'm a bit concerned because it seems like more than what would be normal for her age. Everything is met with anger, if she has trouble doing something she screams, if she wants something she demands it in an angry tone. If something isn't how she thinks it should be she yells and speaks angrily. I'm getting quite tired of it. I've tried to talk to her about why she is feeling angry and help her express it more appropriately but she doesn't seem to get it. Just what I need right now when I have a bunch of other things going on. It started before the baby but has gotten progressively worse....I don't think it is the baby but it could be the lack of structure contributing to it.

Off to try to tackle laundry while the baby is happy!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  08:20:55 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - You sound like one busy lady! To answer your question about Hallettsville: I'm actually in Ezzell, which is even closer to Victoria than Hallettsville is! Victoria is 34 miles from my place, which is about 6 1/2 miles east of the highway...about 18 miles S/SE of Hallettsville. Can you see me now? :)

Being new to this porch, it's a little hard to get folks and needs straight right now so I'm praying for everyone according you your needs...even those you may not know about right now. :)

For those who asked what the book I'm submitting now is about, it's a middle grade novel written from the viewpoint of a young southern girl in 1953, based on a portion of my early life. But, since I wanted it to help youth grow in understanding and compassion for others while seeing that they can survive difficulties in their own lives in a strong and healthy way, it wouldn't work as a memoir...trust me.

After the deaths of her mother and only brother she believes her daddy will die if she lets him out of her sight. Daddy leaves her with poor grandparents. Angry, confused, and struggling with grief, she reaches out to the people in her small world, including crippled Corine, a black “throw away” girl, and a motherless teen whose porch sports a red light at night (concentrates on her heart and dreams, not what you might think)... Lots of life lessons, some real, some stepped out of thin air and onto the pages and fit perfectly. The author I worked with had great things to say about it, so I'm hopeful. But, since vampires, etc. seem to be the thing, I just have to find the right agent who knows just the right place to go with it. It has not been published; I'm searching for an agent. When that happens I will be tickled to let y'all know.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
(Includes 'The Simply Lived Life' blog)

Edited by - TexasWildflower on Apr 21 2015 10:30:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  08:40:43 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies...

Not going to try to comment to everyone today...as I have a Fibro Migraine...but wanted to hop on to say that
The Funeral Service was beautiful yesterday...other than we left at 10:00 am and got home at 4:00 pm...with an
hour break in between the Funeral and Grave Side Service. It was good to see so much family...as everyone has
grown up and gone their own directions in life, many of our nieces and nephews have their own grown kids with
grand-kids. One of my husbands grade school friends came to the funeral. It was nice to meet him and his wife
as they have become Christians later in life.

I have read all the posts and praying for everyone's needs. Wanda I am sorry to hear about your tragic marriage.
I was at one time in a verbally abusive marriage for eight years...but not physically abusive. They both leave
their own scars but God can heal those deep wounds if you allow Him too. Your book sounds very interesting and
I know you will find the right Venue for it.

OK Girlies...Have a Beautiful Day...and do something to cheer up someone else today!!! It will make you feel Great!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  09:17:21 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - I hope you feel better soon. Not fun!

Thank you for your kind words. And you are right. I'm back to being 'me' now instead of feeling like I'm trapped in a big, black bag, and it's a really good feeling. 38 years is a long time and, if God had not put me into a corner in order to get me out of there, it probably would have turned out very badly. It's funny that I don't feel I have any wounds. God has kept my heart free from hate and filled it with compassion, and I am so thankful for that. Looking back over my life I can see that He had His hands around me guiding each and every thing that happened, even the 'bad' ones, in order to make me the person I am and grow me as a Christian.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  09:58:18 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - I truly wish that I could fly out to help you - I'm sending you the biggest hugs possible, and lots of prayers. So much on your plate right now.

Wanda - OH! I would SO buy that book for my daughter! We don't read vampires etc. in our family, and I think she would love it. She's reading Caddie Woodlawn, Little Women, Little House on the Prairie, Phyllis Wheatley etc. so I think she would enjoy it very much. She's 9 - so perhaps a little on the young side for this particular novel - but I think giver her a year or two and she'd be ready! I can't wait - I'll be praying for an agent for you!

Peggy - praying for you today!! Warm hugs...and a soothing dark room are sent your way :)

I had a rather eventful start to my day today - I was laying in bed, waking up, thinking in my head what I need to do today, hearing my boys giggling in the background. The giggling turned to screaming from my middle child (7) and it turns out he was spinning and hit his head very hard on the dresser - it hit his lip and gums, cutting them both open, so we rushed to the hospital and got some stitches. He did so good - he was so brave. He's in a bit of shock right now, so I laid him on the couch and put on Curious George for him. My other two kiddies were really good and patient in the hospital while we were waiting. I do wish at times like these that we had family or a good friend to drop some kids off at, but they really did well considering all the waiting we had to do - my daughter started sobbing in the van on the way home as she was very upset seeing the needle and the stitches take place, but she was fine during - I think it was a bit of after shock for her too. My 4 year old just kept saying "That's a lot of blood!" and it didn't phase him a bit :) Praising God it wasn't a more serious injury and for holding my little Levi throughout the whole situation - he truly is a good and gracious God.

Hope you all have an uneventful day :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  10:25:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Joyce! I can't help my southern self; I have to say, "Bless their little hearts!" And yours. Mine are all grown, youngest 37, but I DO remember those times...and it's always sudden. Praying all goes well for everyone.

Thank you so much for the kind words about the book, and the agent prayer. I really hope I'll find one soon.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  12:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Joyce...your day did start out with some excitement didn't it??? It took me back years and years ago...when my
brother and sister and I were playing swing the statue in our bedroom and my little sister hit her head on the
metal bed frame and it drove her two front teeth up into her gums. It was a horrible mess of blood and terrified
screams from all of us. She ended up having to have those baby teeth cut out of her gums...stitches and then
for years she had no front teeth. She would go around every Christmas singing "All I want for Christmas are my
two front teeth" (anybody remember that song?) They never came in until she was in 4th grade. ~ Praying for all
your kids and you mama...for a quiet few days to rest and decompress. Those are hard life lessons for the kids
and emotional trauma for all.

Wanda...I love that you feel the same way I do about the Marriage and Divorce...I learned so many "God Lessons"
from the good and bad in life...that I wouldn't go back and change anything even if I could. Even in my own
bad or wrong choices in life...they were still stepping stones of my Faith and made me who I am today. I did
at one time have The Elders anoint me and pray over me (according to James in the NT) for the hurts and wounds
of the past...and after they did I was completely healed of all the emotional scars I carried. The ones caused
against me and ones I caused myself. But that is the beauty of a Life in Christ...he is the only one that needs
to carry scars.

My Migraine is better after having gone back to bed with Meds and a dark room...it isn't completely gone but at
least I don't feel like throwing up any more.

Love, Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2015 :  3:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi all :) It has been a busy day around here - our first day for WEEKS that it wasn't raining!!! I worked in the garden, pulling weeds and finishing up planting some seeds. My body hurts! But what a great reason to hurt :) I also got loads of laundry washed... love seeing clean laundry swaying on the line!

Sabrina - oh I am so sorry!!!! I agree with Joyce - flying out there would be great if we could. I would talk to hubby about me taking a hop, but I can't leave Lee right now! Are you guys eating a little differently since baby came? (I cannot remember his name right now! Sorry!!!) Just wondering if the anger issue could stem from a food allergy, knowing there are other issues with the kiddos due to foods. A friend's daughter, when she gets gluten becomes EXTREMELY angry and violent... on a normal basis she is not early as bad but they just figured out that is they take out "natural flavoring" (whatever THAT is!) she shows no signs of abnormal anger... May I encourage you to not get overwhelmed by your to do list and pre-set goals!?!? (coming from a list maker who has high expectations of one self!) While it is always a great feeling of success when goals are met, it is okay not to meet them when life happens!!! I would hate for you to get another abcess!!! I think you mention PPD.... I too fight that - and oddly it is more severe after my boys! I still need to look that up and see if there is "something" to that! But I know when I get overwhelmed by my own goals and desires, I am more likely to struggle with it!

Wanda - my brother publishes books if you are interested in contacting him. http://www.paintedgatepublishing.com is his website. I too think your book sounds fantastic!!!

Peggy - so sorry to hear you are fighting a fibro migraine! What makes them different than a regular migraine? Just wondering if part of mine are actually fibro migraines, lol. Glad o hear you are feeling better now, though!

Joyce - oh sweet Joyce! I am so sorry!!!! Will be praying for your sweet Levi!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  11:21:30 AM  Show Profile
Just a quick update, on wed the doctor didn't pack the wound and he said when I go back tomorrow if everything looks good it will be my last time!! Yay

Shannon, do we have a gender? Should I get a package ready to mail???

You ladies are so sweet for even thinking you wish you could come help. I know my mom and grandma also wish they were close to be able to help me. We will make due, don't worry I'm not pushing any of us too hard about school just trying to slowly get things back in order as I can. Shannon I think it is a possibility food is part of the issue, we have been too lax lately, but I don't think that is all of it, I also think lack of routine and structure is part of it, she is my child that pushes against structure the most but also needs it the most.

Wanda, I am not familiar with that particular area but I get the general idea :). My grandparents still live in Victoria and oddly enough my grandpa is a local author as well, he has three novels out and also anothe book he wrote with my brother, he does signings in the area all the time. Though his books may not be as wholesome as yours!! I'm with the other ladies your book sounds great for my daughter!!

I'll let yall know how it goes tomorrow!!

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  12:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina - YAY!!!!! Praying tomorrow really truly will be your last day!!! And yes - we have a gender. It is a....... GIRL!!! Emily Jean, or Emi, is due around the end of August or beginning of September :) Let me know how much you want for the covers! I was wondering if it was the same child having the issues. I totally get the lack of structure causing issues... yet them being the ones that push against a schedule and lack of schedule! My kiddo like that does horrible with any type of change! Especially in routine. We were actually just talking about that today (my hubby and I) and how change is part of life and how we wish we could help him adjust easier! If you figure out a way to teach how to adjust to changes, please let me know, because I am truly running out of ideas!

I think I have finally started coming out of nurse mode and have started going into mommy mode... but I am also wondering if we are fighting a infection in Lee's leg, so I may be headed back to nurse mode! His appointment in tomorrow morning! Then after his, we go and see my daughter's orthopedic to see if her foot is healed... then off to grocery shop. Not excited about such a full day!!! We found out today that my hubby's medic leave to help with Lee was denied, even though the doctor wrote that he needed to have off! Soooo, thankfully we had some leave saved up, but with baby coming, we are really going to have to watch his days! We used up quite a bit with my trips to MD for my surgery!

Well I need to go plant some pepper plants and lavender, then get clothes off the line and then start dinner, so I will chat with you all later <3

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1411 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1411 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  12:58:13 PM  Show Profile
OH Shannon!!! How exciting :) :) A GIRL :D Now this summer I will work on a GIRL quilt :) What an adorable name. Emily Jean...such a perfect farmgirl name, I think :) I'm so sorry to hear your hubby can't get leave off work :( :( But, it is good you have days saved up.

Sabrina - here's to hoping that tomorrow's the last day!!

Levi is doing really :) He still struggle with eating, and yesterday the dentist said everything is look 100% OK, so I'm very thankful for that!!

A rainy day today...off to go look at some goats to *maybe* purchase :) :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  2:22:20 PM  Show Profile
Sabrina, Shannon, and Joyce - So happy to hear so much good news, and praying God supplies your needs for the rest.

Shannon - I love the name you've chosen for your little girl!

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  3:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Wow, what a week around here. We had the funeral as I shared, then one of my younger women in my Bible Study
Group had an Emergency Gallbladder surgery, Then this morning I couldn't tell if I was having a heart attack,
or if it was Fibro pain in my left arm...from the shoulder down to my finger tips. I also realized I had slept
with that arm under my pillow which I don't normally do, and I have a Hyatal Hernia (don't know how to spell it)
but it masks heart pain sometimes. Just in case I got up and took 5 81 mg aspirin and started deep breathing
for awhile. Shortly the pain is gone and I know it wasn't my heart. PTL!!! So, I kept my hair apptment. but
while I was there my son called me and asked me check on his pregnant wife...because she is so tired that she
can't get out of bed but she has slept for 10 hours. Then I got a second phone call from the gal who Hostesses
Bible Study at her house every week and her daughter is in Emergency (another one of the gals in my Bible Study)
with a heart arrhythmia problem. The Mother is freaking out. So, I finish getting my hair cut...call the Mother,
find out they Hospital can find nothing wrong with the daughter after blood work and two EKG's but they want to
watch her for awhile. I go to my DIL's house and she looks like she hasn't slept in a week. So, I play with the
Grandson for while, and wait for the Midwife to call...and when she does she convinces Sadie that it is all part
of a second pregnancy (more tired than the first)...which is what I told her...but it was good to have the Midwife
back that up. So, I came home and my husband is still in bed at 3:30 in the afternoon. He is stressed and grieving
from the loss of his siblings and he has had very little work this month from the Seattle Area Company He works for.
Which, my husband needs to keep busy. Sooooooooooooooooooooo whew...isn't life exciting some weeks. Now, I am deep
breathing again just to relieve my own stress level. LOL Too Crazy!!! Bible Study is canceled tonight and that is
a good thing for everyone...I think.

Shannon...Congratulations on The Girl Baby!!! And I too love the name!!! Very Sweet...and Farmgirlish.
The Fibro Migraine is no different than a regular migraine except they come with a weather change. Where
before my Migraines were due to monthly hormonal changes and I'm way past that time in my life.

Sabrina... Hope you got the all clear today from the Dr. You poor girl you have really been through the
ringer. You are smart to go light on the Home Schooling Stuff until you can really develop a working
home-life pattern again. Structure in one's life is really good...but not always A Reality Factor.
How is your little guy doing??? We still would love a picture or two.

Joyce it is raining here too. But next week we are suppose to be back in the warm and dry weather.

Wanda...it looks like you already have a Book Fan Club here on the Porch. So, hurry up and get it to a
Publisher. LOL!!!

OK Girlies...off to read and put my feet up for awhile.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  5:18:54 PM  Show Profile
Bless your heart, Peggy! What a day! Hope you have some relaxing reading time, and that tomorrow is much smoother.

The book - :) Bless you! I am so ready to do that. This agent search can be a headache, especially when they each want things submitted a different way. I've thought about self-publishing but think it probably involves more than I have time to do. If there is a possibility that an agent may still pick it up and take it further, I still might end up doing that.

We've been having horrible weather this past week. Now I'm battling fleas and mosquitos. :(

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2015 :  7:58:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals! A lot of you are having rain. Guess what we had last evening? Snow flurries. Yup! *sigh*
Well, I think all the depression and stress is catching up with me too 'cause I slept until 4PM today.
I have good days and bad days thinking of Mama and Jim. Don't know what I'd if God weren't on my side!
I'm sure it would be Much worse!
Praying for my Porch-Buds!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  05:34:44 AM  Show Profile
Doc says NO MORE VISITS!!! YAY!!!

Shannon-I will send you the covers. They were given to me so I'm just paying it forward, if you don't use them or don't like them just pass them along to someone else :). I'll try to get them in the mail next week. And CONGRATULATIONS!

Here is a recent pic of the baby!

And one of all of us from when my mom was here a while back:

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  07:05:53 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina - Yay! And, Awww...so sweet. :)

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  07:17:47 AM  Show Profile
Sabrina...Oh, the baby looks like a Happy Little Guy!!! And I love the Family Picture too!!!
Thanks for sharing!!! And congrats on the good news at the Dr.'s!!! Woot! Woot!!

Judy...Snow??? What??? It is Spring Time!!! Praying for restorative sleep for you! Life can be so
Stressful sometimes (OK,a lot of the time...OK,OK, most of the time)but hey, Praise God That He is in CONTROL
and we don't have to be. *Big Sigh*

Patsy...continued love and prayers!!!

I think I am going back to bed for awhile. I did finish the book I was reading last night. Gray Mountain by
John Grisham. Slow moving but good story line...whiny main Character (the kind you want to slap and say "HEY,
Snap Out of It!") I still recommend it however!! Good Read!

Sweet Dreams Girlies!
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  11:49:33 AM  Show Profile
Trying to find the words to express what I am feeling right now, and there are none. Took Lee (my 9 yo) to the pediatrician this morning at 0830. His leg smelled like it was infected, and it was starting to get red. They put him on a second antibiotic. Then we had an appointment for my oldest with the orthopedic at 11. After getting the all clear for her (PRAISE GOD!) I mentioned to him that he needed to tell his partner (who saw Lee in the OR to make sure his bone and tendons were unharmed) to make sure when he recommends absorbable stitches, that he also tells the ER residents that they need to put more stitches in.... He asked what I was referring to, so I filled him in. He asked to see Lee's leg and said that his partner was actually there at the office. They took a look and it was worse than it had been only three hours prior!!!!! So he now is going in for surgery tomorrow morning! My stress level is SO HIGH!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

TexasWildflower
True Blue Farmgirl

206 Posts

Wanda
Hallettsville Texas
USA
206 Posts

Posted - Apr 24 2015 :  2:02:03 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Shannon! Prayers for you, and Lee, and the doctors.

Wanda
Farmgirl sister #3399
www.wandasturrock.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  1:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Happy Sunday everyone,

LuAnne I got your tea package and tucks. Thanks so much.

Sobyn lovey picture

Peggy praying for you and hoping you feel better today.

It has been very busy in my neck of the woods. Last night was my prom for my sons. It is the last one for them and this mama had a few tears. They graduate in three weeks and they turn 19 in two weeks. A lot of fun times we have this week looking through pictures etc. I am busy finishing up with school and my butterflies as well. We are done in three weeks also. Sheesh the year has flown. But I guess August to May can go fast when you are having fun. They have been a pretty good class this year.

It is beautiful here today. I am hoping it will be for graduation. We are having the party at our house so nice weather would be great. I love seeing the trees bloom and we now have two new baby calves running around. They make me laugh.

This is a picture from last night. Parents could come and take pictures. I am proud of my boys. They looked pretty sharp.
love to you all,
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2015 :  3:37:02 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, A very, very nice picture of ya'll! So glad the weather has been nice for ya! Sorry to hear that you are feeling the 'empty nest' already! Big(((HUGS)))!...and enjoy those calves for me!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page