Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  1:40:00 PM  Show Profile
My goodness, Heather....prayers for your life to settle down. A calendar with pics of all your new babies would be just delightful!1 I'll take one! :)

Catherine....since I believe I am the closest to you, I would have thought I would be one of the first to receive my tea pkg. But no. I hope it is today. Waiting with great anticipation! :) I sometimes wonder about the postal system in Texas. LOL The little coasters look quite lovely! :)

Joyce.....love your shelves and all the lovely items you have put up. Your kitchen is something to envy, for sure!

Judy, Patsy and Jim...thinking of and praying for you each day!

Shannon....as everyone else have expressed........you are wearing us all out! LOL. You are such an example for your chidren......when they are all grown-up they will appreciate all you have done. It will be all worth it.

My best to all,
Mel
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KirksmomsKottage
http://www.pinterest.com/kirksmom71/
Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  05:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, my goodness girls...one day and The Porch Came Alive again!!! (+:
Love when everyone starts dropping back on!!!

Mel...good to see you girl!!! I hear you on the Postal System...it stymies all of us at times.
No rhyme or reason to how things get delivered that is for sure. You will probably be the last
person to get your Tea Pkg.

Joyce...Love, Love, Love Your Pantry!!! It is so nice and Big and you have it so organized and
looking great!!! And your kitchen/dining room area is so pretty. I love all your windows that
lets in so much light. You are truly blessed Girl!!!

Heather...I would do nothing to make $ off your Photography. I am a Photographer and I would never
do that. But I save pictures for my own enjoyment and to just share with friends in a email or
something like that. You really should do a Calendar or Note Cards...I would buy them for sure.
In the past I made Greeting Cards with my Flower Photos, A Family Calendar, and I did 250 Journals
that had my Photo's and Poetry in them also and I sold all of them. The Journal was the most time
consuming to do (all those empty lined pages) but they sold the very best. So, I highly encourage
you to do something with all your great Farm Animal Photos. They would sell great on MJF for sure.

Carole...you are never too old to learn to crochet or knit. I crocheted for years but never learned
how to knit and wanted to learn. So one Summer I met with a friend one evening each week for a couple
hours and she taught me how to knit. I made my first knit scarf and from there I was hooked...and the
frosting on the cake was the sweet fellowship her and I had that summer. We really got close and I
just love her like a daughter. So, find somebody who is willing to teach you. I am a visual learner
so I needed someone to teach me as I'm not good at reading directions from a pattern or a book.

Catherine...still haven't tried my tea yet...but I got the Watermelon Slice Coaster and I just love it.
It is on my side table next to my recliner and I used it last night!! Thanks for showing all the different
ones you made...they all turned out sooooo cute.

Shannon...I am with you girl...I had to clean my house the first time I had Paula come do my floors and bathrooms.
I didn't clean those areas but I had the rest of my Apt. looking good...It only takes one time and then you don't
feel like you have it so clean...that your cleaning person could eat off your floors. LOL I highly recommend
getting a mommy helper even for just every two weeks. It is really worth it. If you do like me...I just chose the
projects that were hardest for me to do with my Fibro...bathrooms/floors/and a little dusting. She is only here
for 2 hrs and it all looks so nice when she leaves. I just always heave a big sigh and Thank God for the Blessing
of having her. She doesn't want to take any money for doing it...but I can't go there. So, I pay her $20.00 each
time she comes...and I feel like I get the best end of the bargain.

Fibro is terrible this week. We have storm systems going through about 3 a day. I feel each one come and go. But
the worst part is the Fatigue. Yesterday, I got nothing accomplished but every time I sat down I fell asleep.
I have also noticed that my limbs feel really heavy when I am fibro flaring...do any of you other Fibro girls have
that sensation that your arms,head, shoulders, and legs and feet feel like they weigh a ton? Like it is a great
effort to lift them? This is a rather new sensation for me.

OK...I got up at 3:30 am and now it is 5:30...so back to bed for awhile. It is suppose to be our one dry day today
out of 7 days...which is good since I teach Bible Study tonight.

Easter Week Blessings Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  07:01:10 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! It is another beautiful morning here! My first sheets are on the line drying. THe next load of laundry is still going in the washer. I got my potatoes covered again - My goodness they are growing FAST! I wasn't expecting them to get so tall so soon. THis is our first year planting them! I put my tomatoes and peppers outside today to start hardening them off. I've had quite a few of them die already and I don't know why :( It is my first year trying to start everything from seed! So far it has been rather frustrating!!!! My specialty hot peppers were the first to die :( I may try to start them again... just not sure yet! I am hoping to plant my melon, cucumber, and squash seeds later today... just depends on how lazy I feel like being later, lol.

Mel - Thank you so much!!!! I pray my children are a lot better than I am!!!! I LOVE to plan things and organize things, but I'm not very good at sticking to it, so then I have to do it all over again! I'll be spending the afternoon canning more beef broth and freezing more tallow in ice cube trays.

Heather - I am so sorry to hear about your hubby's uncle! How difficult, especially with it being your FIL's twin!!! Hoping the storms do not cause any damage today!

Joyce - OH. MY. WORD!!!!! Your kitchen and pantry are stunning! That is what I envision years from now in our "dream" home. It is simply stunning! How are your classes going? School going well for the kiddos?

Peggy - I understand the "heavy as lead" feeling!!! That was actually one of my complaints when I went to the doctor trying to figure out what was going on. Hoping you feel better soon!

Off to work on school with the littles. So ready for my hubby to get home! All I really want to do is curl up in bed! My allergies are kicking my tail! I have a mixture of severe allergies right now and a horrendous sinus infection!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  10:24:23 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - YES! I do get that same feeling. It's awful - it hurts to do anything really...I remember one time I was in the grocery store with the kids, and I was already having a bad fibro day, but I had to get groceries, but I remember just standing in the middle of the isle, with tears rolling down my face....with my 6,4, and 2 year old beside me wondering what was wrong with mommy. I was in SO much pain, and it just hurt to move...it hurt to stand there too, but everything was so heavy! I'll be praying for you.

Shannon - Thank you...said with a sheepish face :) Your words were so kind. God has truly blessed us - I'm so thankful that my husband is such a handy man and was able to re-do my kitchen. We still plan to get a new counter top (I'm still debating on what I would like), and we're going to get a new fridge - just a fridge, as I have a big standup freezer in the pantry room. Then, since the stove and oven are black, I'm going to see about getting one of those magnetic covers for the dishwasher to make it black as well. School is going well - we're back at it again after a 2-week break. Only 7 1/2 more weeks to go until summer break :) :) The kids are doing so well - I'm excited for them. Levi is going to start a lego club next week, and Lily-anne goes to Highland Dance already, but Tevan is also starting KinderGym - a type of gymnastics/play program, which he starts next week. The kids get to choose to do one thing outside of the house each season. I'll be praying for your allergies/sinus infection :( My hubby deals with that too - the worst are Lily's for him...and he has to haul and deliver them!! Poor guy.

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Shannon and Joyce...Glad to hear that others have experienced this Heavy as Lead feeling too. I hate that you have it
but it is good to know that it is all part of the Fibro. My sister had the heavy feeling in her head which as you
know goes down your neck and into your shoulders...and the last four years of her life her chin always rested on her
chest. The Dr. said that when she fell asleep on the side of her bed (she had breathing problems from smoking and would get up to breathe more easily and then would fall back to sleep sitting up) so she fell off her bed and her head literally
fell of it's axis...and she could never hold it up again. Sadly she died at age 57 from Many Health Complications.
So, all that to say that she was the first to tell me about that really Heavy feeling. When I walk I try to hold my
head high and shoulders back...though not always easy to do.

More Later...thanks for the quick response girls.

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  6:35:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey gals,

I should've given y'all a list of ingredients on the loose leaf tea that I sent.I didn't consider those that are or may be pregnant or nursing, or those that may have other concerns. I am sorry I neglected it.

The tea is a product of thebarefootcook.com out of Austin, TX. Here is the ingredients copied from her site....
Soothin’ Infusion is a simple caffeine-free medley of all organic herbs – African Rooibos (for stress relief), Lemongrass (for anti-oxidants), Lemon balm (for pain reduction), Spearmint (for cooling and digestion), Raspberry Leaf (for digestive and menstrual health) & Stevia (for sweetness).

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  03:33:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi ladies, sorry I haven't been around....can't promise it will get much better soon but I will try. My clogged duct turned into mastitis despite all my efforts. Well I couldn't get into the clinic on base because Of the version of our insurance I was on (I had switched to it so I could use my provider of choice for my pregnancy and birth), on that version they will only see you space available same day appointments and you can only call after 10...well there is never space available so I was out of luck there. My midwife can't perscribe medication so that would t help. So Tuesday evening hubby took me to the ER, ended up being a completely wasted trip and infuriating. The doctor didn't speak any English (pretty unusual here for anyone with a higher education to not speak it) and the nurses didn't speak much so translating was interesting. By the time we went I had a red spot that was hot to the touch, so obviously infected. All he did was have me pump and then sent me home...well I had been doing that. Anyway i did end up able to find someone to give me antibiotics and started them yesterday morning but I can't even pump off milk now and the baby refuses to nurse on that side so I'm afraid it already abscessed. What really angers me is that if that doc would have given me antibiotics to begin with I would be 3 doses ahead and probably would have started in time for the clog to come out. We are giving the meds a little time to work and if things don't improve will have to go back to the er, but I think we will go to a different hospital. I do physically feel better, yesterday was the only day I felt really bad except for the pain I've had the whole time. Hubby is off today through Monday so I'm forcing myself to stay in bed and rest. Any prayers are appreciated!! I'm quite discouraged as this is the second time I've had a bad case of mastitis and the last time it had to be surgically drained and it ended nursing because the anesthesia they used dried me up plus I had to take medication that was not compatible. I really don't want to go through that again!!!

As I read through to try to catch up I send a quick prayer for the needs I saw. Hopefully I'll have time to visit more regularly and really keep up soon!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  06:13:51 AM  Show Profile
Catherine - NO WORRIES!!!!! The tea should be perfectly safe while pregnant (though I have to be careful with how much red raspberry I intake closer to my due date, as I start to have contractions that are crazy intense, but essentially fake!) and is safe for nursing as well - except you have to be careful with how much spearmint you intake because too much can decrease your milk supply :) I'll probably have a cup this afternoon :)

Joyce - there are times I debate having a summer break with my kids... but it gets SO HOT here, that we don't want to do anything, so I always school through the summer! We'll take a couple weeks off in August for the baby, I'm sure! I always offer to let my kids "do something" as far as an activity, but so far my oldest is the only one that has decided what she wants to do.... horseback riding. Unfortunately, with a broken foot, she has not been able to do that lately!

Peggy - What a sad sad story of your sister! I have never heard of that happening before! I know in high school and college, I use to hold my head up with my hand and could never figure out why.... looking back, it was a combination of the fibro, combined with it pulling my head off the axis some. I see a chiropractor when I can, to get her to adjust it! It hurts and pops like crazy, but it helps immensely! I can always tell because of the heaviness I feel in my head and neck! Unfortunately, right now, we cannot afford to go. We are hoping to work something out with her, for when the baby comes, to at least have the baby seen a handful of times within the first month of life... preferably with the first visit being within 24-48 hours of life!

Sabrina - oh sweet Sabrina! I am so so sorry! I'm glad to hear your hubby has off so you can rest, but what a horrible time of it you are having! Please please please do not let it go on too long! I refused to go to a doctor one time and the infection actually moved into both breasts!!! Oh my it was painful!!! The only trick I have ever had work to continue nursing is to start on the unaffected side and then switch to the affected a couple minutes in.... Apparently the affected side's milk is "more salty" (the inflammation causes an increase in sodium content) which is why they won't nurse on that side. Once they start getting the milk they like, often times they are willing to switch to finish getting a feeding. I'm sure you are, but drink lots and lots of fluids!!! Oh you mentioned you cannot pump.... has your milk supply dropped from the antibiotic? Do you have any blessed thistle or red raspberry leaf? Both can increase milk supply, as can fenugreek and stinging nettle. Not sure if you have any of those or not! I drink a lot of "Mama's Milk tea" from Bulk Herb Store - http://www.bulkherbstore.com/Mamas-Milk-Tea which increases milk supply.

Well today is a day full of running around! My oldest sees the orthopedic again today to see if she needs surgery. Then we need to head to the post office. After that, we are headed to the grocery store to figure out what we need for the next couple night's dinners. My hubby and I celebrate our anniversary every 6 months... We were first married in a small wedding at our church on April 5th... six months later, on October 5th, we had a larger wedding with all our friends and family there... so we celebrate every six months :) Since April 5th is also Easter, we are going to celebrate our anniversary tomorrow night (he gets home tomorrow afternoon!) and then Easter on Sunday. I'm not sure what I making yet though!!!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  09:42:10 AM  Show Profile
I think he won't nurse because the clog has caused things to be misshapen and because so little is coming out. I'm not sure if the supply has dropped on that side or what but I'm afraid of using something to increase it while the clog is still there, I don't want to make it worse! I will have to go back to the er if there is not a change soon.

Oh I got my tea package today but haven't opened it yet!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  4:18:25 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Ladies,
It is beautiful here today. Supposed to rain the rest of the week. But oh what a lovely sunny day. Spent day with family after church. I love the Easter service. Just makes me belt out the songs and smile from ear to ear. I am sure God must chuckle.

Judy dear one praying for you. I know this week we helped my mother in law go through some of Grandpas stuff. It is hard to believe he has been gone for four months. But he surely had quite the Easter celebration this year.

Peggy I am so enjoying all the time with my boys. Time does go fast but I know to not take the moments we have for granted. I cherish them. None of my sweet grandbabies got to come for EAster but will be here for graduation so that will be wonderful.

Well ladies, I love seeing the porch lively. I left yall some chocolate chip coffee cake and some rose tea. Enjoy.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  6:04:14 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Dear Porchies!
We had such a rainy, dark Good Friday and a gorgeous Easter 'S0Nday'. It was so fitting to the Easter story. Perfect! I took an enjoyable walk then I sat out on the porch and read until it got windy and chilly. Suppose to rain for a few days here too. Rascal was one happy-cat though to be out on his leash in the sunshine. Dave had an Easter basket made up for me with some chocolates, gummy flowers, fun jewelry and a bunny statue with 3 happy bunnies on it. He always makes holidays fun! Mama's been gone 8 months as of yesterday. *sigh* Now that the weather is getting nice, I really miss being able to walk up to her place for dinner or coffee...BUT...I wouldn't have her come back from where she's at on my account! *smile*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 05 2015 :  7:48:17 PM  Show Profile

JOYOUS EASTER MY PORCHIES!!! GETTING READY TO WATCH THE A.D. EASTER SPECIAL TONIGHT!!!

The Special will be my Easter. I was in pain from the system that came in today but didn't produce
rain. Just dry Lightening and Thunder and a lot of pain for me. My husband is really depressed over
his son's upcoming trial and I think his depression and missing Easter Services got me a bit down &
depressed today too. My youngest son did a Easter Dinner at his house and we missed that too. But
I got to be with them yesterday for awhile. We went down to the Farmers Market and the closed early
so we missed it...but we strolled around The Park and that is where I took Pictures of these Gorgeous
Blossoms. I shot totally Blind...in the sun, but managed to get a couple of Pretty Pictures. Then
last night I had my little boy here and he totally wore me out...but we still had so much fun!!! I
took him down a slide for the very first time and he thought that was great. His parents will now
never get past a park without him wanting to slide. LOL

Judy...so nice that Dave is so good to YOU! Your own Easter Basket!!! How Nice. I bought my kids and
gran-girls & gran-son stuff but had to buy my own Easter Gift. Which is OK. I bought a gorgeous Spring
Planter with Purple Lilies, Pinkish Purple Hydrangea (2) and yellow small flower that I am not sure
what it is for certain. Very Pretty and made my Easter Table Look Lovely!!! And Lifted My Spirits for a
couple of days. ~ Your Mama had the Best Easter Ever...this Year!!! And she is Gloriously Happy!! Speaking
of not wanting to Bring Her Back...I have often wondered if Lazarus wasn't just a tad bit unhappy when
Jesus brought him back from the dead. LOL I kinda picture a tad bit of a conversation about that between
them. LOL

Teacher Tammy...I am so glad that you loved your Church Service!!! I know we celebrate Jesus everyday of
our Christian walk...but there is still just something Eternally Wonderful about Celebrating Resurrection Day
with your Church Family and your own family too.

Sabrina...I ended up with the worst case of Mastitis with my last child...I was hospitalized for a solid week
and they would not let my breast feed from that side at all. Even pumping in the Hospital was so painful.
To this day...I can still get pain in that breast if I over-due on a computer etc. I don't know why that forever
changes things in your breast but it does. When I get mammograms they always retake that side before I leave
because something always looks amiss. So, don't let yourself get that bad where they have to put you in the
Hospital. I'm praying for you...and hope it goes away and baby re-adjusts. Have you tried one of those nursing
nipples??? They can usually latch on to that better and it gives you time to heal.

OK girlies...Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2015 :  5:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
VA gave Jim a few months to live.. Jim says he's ready to go.. That's what COUNTS. It hasn't hit me yet.. continue praying for us..

Wednesday he goes to take more fluid out of that sac behind his lung.. so he can breathe better.

LOVE YOU GUYS!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2015 :  6:01:26 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - know that I am praying! The VA is often wrong.... But the fact that your Jim is ready, truly is what counts. My heart aches for you! Praying God wraps His loving arms around you both, giving you the comfort you so desperately need right now!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2015 :  6:35:40 PM  Show Profile
Patsy...only God knows when He will call Jim home: but I am glad that Jim is ready. Praise God for that.
May your remaining time together be sweet and wonderful and may you also be ready to intrust Jim to our
Beloved Father. Remember he already has loving family there waiting for him. Your Mama and Daddy are
two of them. My prayers (and all our prayers)are with you ALL.

Love and Gigantic Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2015 :  6:57:53 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - continued prayers for your family. Sending some big hugs too.

Peggy - what a beautiful picture! And taken "blind" too! I'm a bit jealous. We're just now starting to get some green in the wheat fields and yard. I have a few crocuses that have finally made an appearance too. But, that's it. No pretty colors like you have. I hope you didn't think that I really thought you'd try to make money off my pictures. ( I hope that sentence makes sense). I take a lot of pictures and would love to be able to find a way to sell something from them. Problem is I don't know where to start or have much time to put towards figuring it out right now. How did you get your journals printed? I've had some postcards made from vistaprint that turned out really nice. But, my family has had some stuff made that was blurry and I wouldn't be happy paying money for something like that.

Tammy - I chuckled at the thought of you in church singing away. I was outside doing my morning chores Sunday and just had such an overwhelming feeling come over me thinking of how much God loves me to send His son to earth to die for my sins. I guess God was smiling at all of us :)

Sabrina - sorry to hear of your troubles. I have no experience personally, but I know the cows sure kick when they get mastitis. It sounds awful. Praying for a quick recovery for you.

Judy - sounds like a great Easter basket. What a wonderful husband you have to spoil you on the holidays. Isn't it nice that spring has finally come to Ohio? Our cows like to soak up the sunshine just like you cat.

Shannon - happy anniversary! How many years is it for you? My hubby and I will celebrate our 13th in May. Doesn't seem like it's been that long!

Well, as usual it's been busy here. I'm not sure what pictures I posted already and I don't want to loose all I've typed trying to go back pages to see so I'll post some and then if I missed someone I'll post some more. Before pictures though - I'd like to ask for prayers for God's guidance. We've got another lead on a new farm for sale. I'm feeling so defeated about buying a farm because nothing ever works out. I've been praying that God gives us a shove in the right direction (we need more than a nudge) and that He closes all the doors that are not meant for us. I know He hears, but I'm still not sure what to do so maybe some more prayers will be helpful. Thanks girls. And now the pictures :)

I may have already posted this little fellow hiding behind his mom, but he's cute enough to see again.

Peggy - remember telling us how your selfies always end up being an up your nose shot? Mine too, but this one I had to share

It's the mom to the cute fellow above. Her name is Aimee.

This is that little black bull all dried off. He's got more of the brown jersey color in him when he's dry. I hated selling this one. He had such a personality :)

Another red and white bull.

His mom Carley smiling for the camera

Another jersey cross breed. This one's a girl and she's black even when she's dry. We're still working on her name. She slept so much I called her sleeping beauty.

Here she is sleeping again

An ornery heifer I named Massey.

And this morning we found this little guy. I wish he was a heifer. I love his color pattern.

And part of my nephew's 4-h projects have arrived.

Yup, we now have 4 goats. This is what the cows think of them

Actually they don't even seem to notice them. I just thought that was a great picture :)

I better wrap this up and get to bed. It's amazing how fast time flies when you're on the porch.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  07:04:46 AM  Show Profile
Morning everyone! We are settled inside today, ready for a couple days of thunderstorms. My fibro is mad, and my 6 yo daughter's JRA is acting up BAD!!! (Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis). But what a glorious day all the same!!!! We have had a few days that seem to extremely high highs and some extremely low lows! First - my biggest high - I am copying this from what I wrote on the Christian Farmgirls board, so you may have read it there as well - My oldest son, age 9, has always been my most difficult child. He is extremely quick tempered, borderline autistic and aspergers, and if we got him tested, he would be considered ADHD. When he was little, a dear friend that was a teacher, told us in order to have him in public school when he was of age, it would be required for him to be medicated. It was actually that conversation that spurred us to look at homeschooling! His older sister was only four at the time. Now that I do homeschool all of the children, I see that her concern, though he was only two at the time, was right on the money! He has pushed me to the limits... Both as a mommy and as his teacher, many many times. And then on Saturday, he handed his life over to God! My dear sweet nine year old was saved Saturday night, asking for God's forgiveness and for Him to rule over his life! The transformation in my son is breathtaking and truly a work of God's hand! He is still quick tempered, as that is just part of his personality, but is quick to calm down, pray and ask for forgiveness! His heart has grown five times, I swear! (Think the Grinch!) He is extremely obedient, happy and quick to help, and has a massive desire to read His Bible and share with others! Up to this point he had difficulty understanding what the Bible was saying, even when we explained it over and over again... Now it is like God has removed the scales from his eyes and he can truly see and hear His Words! Salvation is truly a miracle God still performs today, and we were blessed to see this miracle in my son. I praise Him for it! That was quickly followed by a low Saturday evening.... my niece (18 yo) got pulled over for a DUI - for Marijuana! Worse, my sister in nonchalant about it!!!!! Then there was glorious Easter services, but that was suitcases by severe allergies for me that were closing my throat on both the drive there and on the way home. And yes my Anniversary :) And then last night, my 9 yo decided to share with his grandmother about his salvation.... and she told him you don't need to be saved and there are no right or wrong religions. He was heartbroken!!!! All in all, though, God is good and will see us through these days. He has truly blessed our family!!!

Sabrina - I so hope things have gotten better for you!!!! I am sure getting on the computer is so difficult right now - especially to post, but we are all praying for you! <3

TLTammy - thank you for the coffee cake and tea!!! I'm enjoying a cup of tea as we speak :)

Judy - LOVE that Dave did that for you!!!! How special! Continuing to pray for you and Patsy as you adjust to your sweet Momma being with Jesus!

Peggy - I hate that you are hurting so bad.... and on Easter as well! Ugghhhh! Fibro has no niceness at all! The picture you posted is just gorgeous! Due to my crazy allergies this year, I have not been able to enjoy much of the beauty outside!

Patsy - Do you know what time he is having more fluid taken off the sac??? I'm praying constantly, but really want to try to be praying specifically at that time!!!

Heather - WOW! Your babies are so very very precious!!!!! I think it is funny you called the one Sleeping Beauty.... you could always call her Aurora as that was her actual name ;) Is there a particular reason she slept so much or was she just exhausted? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to farm critters, lol. What kind of goats are those? It looks like two different types. What is your nephew doing for his 4-H project or is it just raising the goats? My hubby and I actually have been married for 13 years as well :) Just a month before you :) We actually celebrate our wedding every six months... the first wedding was a small intimate wedding on April 5, 2002.... then we had a big celebration wedding six months later on October 5, 2002... so we celebrate every six months. It is kinda funny though - we have some family members, for various reasons, that only acknowledge our October wedding!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  11:10:59 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone, I had to go in today and they drained it. It was pretty bad but not as bad as last time. I go tomorrow for them to check everything and hopefully now I can start healing. My inlaws get here late Sunday so I really need to put this behind me.

Patsy, I'm so sorry I'm praying for you during this tough time!

Heather, love the pics!!

Shannon sofia got her letter today we will write soon.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2015 :  8:34:23 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Jumped on really quick to update you. Matt heads in for surgery tomorrow. We have to be at the hospital at noon and surgery is scheduled for 2. Please keep him in your prayers that all goes well. Hopefully they'll have wifi so I can get on while I'm sitting around so I can catch up with everybody.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  12:42:31 AM  Show Profile
Heather...Oh, another bunch of awesome pictures!!! I like the little Jersey colored Bull too...so cute and he just
looks like Mr. Personality. The all white with just a few spots was really cute too. And I loved The Up the Nose Selfies
with your cow. LOL

Shannon...you girl are so busy,busy,busy!!! Happy Anniversary!!! I can imagine your Fibro is flaring up too. I would
think the stress around your house would reek havoc with it too. I praise God that my Fibro didn't fully manifest
itself until my kids were grown and out on their own. I don't think I would have done as well as you girls on here
do. My Hat is Off To You!!!! Truly You are Wonder Women!!!

Sabrina...so glad that you fianlly got your milk duct drained...I hope you heal quickly now and can get baby back
to good nursing and everything going more smoothly for you.

Tammy...praying for Matt tomorrow. Praying his surgery goes well with no hick-ups.

Today My husband's brother died. He had lung cancer and has battled it for 4 years. God called him home this
morning. Please Pray for his wife Cho (she is Korean) and their adopted son Robin. Robin is an adult but was
extremely close to his parents. We are happy that Doug is now out of pain...he really fought a hard battle.
My husbands sister is also in The Hospital with Pneumonia and the Dr. doesn't think she is doing well. Both
Doug and Charlene were the smokers in the Family and unfortunately they both have had to suffer the consequences
of their personal addictions.

I'm dead tired girls. Some one asked not very long ago about our son's trial...and it looks like it will happen
on May 18th. My husband is very depressed over this as you can well imagine. The only really bright spot about our
going to Spokane for the trial...is my 82 year old Mother wants Larry and I to Baptize her while we are there.
I'm thrilled over that.

Sweet Dreams and No Nightmares Girlies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  04:00:49 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Praying your nights were restful and uneventful! I generally sleep in every morning until seven or seven thirty, and for some reason was up at quarter to six this morning! I have a feeling I might regret it later! But as of right now, I am still wide awake! With my fibro being angry, my allergies being crazy, and thunderstorms in the area, we won't be doing too much out of the house again today! I really need to start planning out the lessons for some of the curriculum I am going to use next year, so that it is ready before the baby comes! I also have a few sewing projects I would like to get underway! Perhaps today will be the day :)

Sabrina - I am so sorry it hit the point where it needed to be drained, but pray you finally have relief! Hopefully your follow up goes well today! So glad Sofia received Sam's letter! She has really been having a rough time of it lately! Her arthritis has really been causing a lot of issues! Writing others and receiving mail seems to be the highlight for her, yet I usually end up writing the letters, as her hands hurt so bad and she tires so quickly!

PGTammy - definitely praying for the surgery! I will set a timer for two as well! Hmmm actually.... I need to look at what time zone you are! That may be five my time! I will have to double check that first! But know that I will be praying!

Peggy - I am so sorry to hear about your brother in law as well as your sister in law! And then ading the stress of your stepson's uocoming court date, must be extremely stressful! Continuing to pray! As for the fibro - i have had fibro for years, just without the name... I guess since right before I was out of high school. While it seems to get worse with each passing year, I am thankful the kids are still young.... It diesn't give me the opportunity to stop. I have no choice but to push through. By the time evening comes, and I sit down, getting up is generally not an option, but I know if I had to, such as when my hubby is gone, I can do it. As my hips spread, and my ligaments loosen, it is affecting my hips more and more. There are times shortly after going to bed, that I have to get up and use the bathroom and literally cry the whole way there and back.... Moving my left leg, particularly, is not an option, and I have to use the wall and furniture to support myself, kinda like a crutch, to take the weight off of my right, to move my left leg. My bathroom is literally right next to the foot of our bed, yet it takes about five minutes to get there when I am flared up really bad. I say all of this to show how great our God is... He gives me the energy and strength I need each day to push through with the life circumstances I am in right now!

Well I need to go jump in the shower before the kiddos are up... Have a wonderful day porchies!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1402 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1402 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  10:09:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning - I'm keeping you all in my prayers - especially Patsy and Jim. Sabrina - glad you got it drained - will be praying for you and your strength as your inlaws come. Shannon - I'm praying for you today and your fibro!!

I'm so busy these days with hubby working long hours and all the gardening and extra work on my plate - I don't mind a bit, I love it, but just thought I'd share with you why I'm not on here quite as often :)

Hope you all have a wonderful day - God Bless :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2015 :  9:51:59 PM  Show Profile
It's been a couple of days since I've visited the "Porch". And it looks like all y'all ate the chocolate chip coffee cake that Tammy left. There's been a lot happening with everyone, both good and sad.

Joyce-- your kitchen is spectacular.

Heather--the pics of the cows are adorable. What fun you must be having.

Shannon--that is fantastic about your son giving his life to Christ. Praise God!

Sabrina--I almost feel sympathetic pain when I read about your mastitis. Ouch!

Judy--I understand your sadness and missing of your mom. I had a real hard time of it on Sunday, missing my mom so deeply. We spent so much time in the kitchen together and it was not fun being in the kitchen cooking without her. I was making memories with my daughters but it was still hard.

Patsy-- I can't imagine the numbness and chaos you must be experiencing in your mind right now dealing with your hubby's illness. Just keep breathing.

Peggy-- I'm still praying for your stepson and the trial.

I was in the middle of a real estate investment purchase and the seller went into the hospital and 2 days later passed away. I'm wanting to be very sensitive and compassionate but I also need this deal to either move forward or cancel.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  06:24:35 AM  Show Profile
Morning Porches! I only have a few minutes as I have a FULL day ahead of me, if my plans come to fruition. Breakfast is done and cleaned up and the kids are working on their school. I am taking a few minutes to drink my tea and gather my thoughts. If I want to drink any caffeinated tea, I have to drink it before noon, otherwise I fight insomnia, so caffeinated tea it is this morning! Anyways, laundry is getting sorted by my oldest daughter right now, so I can get it on the clothesline. I had made myself the clothespin apron awhile back ago, shortly after it was decided to be the chosen jubilee apron, so I'll be donning it here shortly. One the laundry is on the line, I am hoping to get my seedlings in the ground. Cut worms have already attacked and killed most of them, but a few have survived. I'm debating whether I am just going to buy plants o replace the ones that didn't make it, or try again :/ I also want to get my herbs in the ground that are ready to be planted. Once that is done, I need to finish schooling the kids, then help my oldest work on a gift for the kids' swap, and hopefully finish a binder I am making to keep all my MJF stuff straight. Somewhere in there I may make a menu and grocery list. Hubby's work has decided to switch up his schedule (gotta love the government :/) and he will be working from 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM.... ummm yeah - kinda kills the day! Not overly happy - he'll be gone from 11 to 9! But it is better than grave shift, so I won't complain TOO much. I'm sure God has a plan with this switch!

Joyce - Praying for you with your crazy busy schedule! Miss seeing you on here as much as you use to be. I think I need to write you a snail mail letter :)

Catherine - (((hugs))) as you too miss your momma! Also praying for someone to notify you about the real estate investment! Sorry to hear about the seller....

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  2:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi gals,

Talked to Jim at the VA hospital this afternoon. His left lung expanded but not the right one. The doc did the pleurodesis and it works like fixing a flat tire. He has to lay on one side a half hour then turn to other side for half hour then stand on his head.. (that' what he told the docs and they got a kick out of him- the stand on his head part)
Jason is coming to the house tonight and we will go get Jim tomorrow and bring him home. Jason will stay til Monday. Can't wait to see him. Been awhile.

Love all the pics you gals are sharing.

Was thrilled to hear about your son getting saved Shannon! Now he needs encouragement.
You amaze me with all your "doings"!

Breathing in... breathing out... love n prayers to all.. hugs

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page