Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  6:47:52 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
I need to come in and sit a while. My butterfly wings are just flat tired. It has been a busy few days. Today I had two teachers from another school who came to observe. They wanted to see what I do. I of course thought what do I have you might want to know. They had lots of questions and I felt like I had wisdom to offer. We had a tornado drill which I forgot so I had to calm my little butterflies. I felt bad about that. I am looking forward to only three days next week. Trying to get things organized for graduation for my sons. That is not all that far away. Yikes.

Patsy I am so praying for you and Jim.

Heather I haven't gotten my tea either. Don't worry Maybe the post office is enjoying it. Just a thought.

well ladies I am off to bed. I am tired and tomorrow is another busy day in the classroom.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  7:56:43 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Weather today has been all over the place. Rain this morning, gray afternoon and spitting white stuff at me when I took the pups for a walk tonight. Mother Nature is sure enjoying herself LOL

Had to take the Jeep in. It was making a horrible metal on metal like noise. M* said not to drive it until we had it looked at. Took it in today and about 30 minutes later they called and said they drove it and didn't hear anything and couldn't find anything. I asked if they "driven" it and they assured me they had. M* said he'd take care of it so he went down and drove the mechanic around the the parking lot of the mall. He couldn't deny the sound then! They took it back in and when they took the break off a stone fell out. They picked it up and it was flat from grinding on my rotor. Good news is no cost and she drives quietly now :O)

I had to go get fingerprinted again for my concealed weapons license. The instructor forgot to sign my last set so I got a notice that I had to get them redone. The instructor was nice and had me come to his house tonight and do them. I plan on mailing them tomorrow. We were looking at Scheel's in Fargo at handguns and found one I like. I might go back to the gun shop in Carrington though as they had more guns that fit me better. I have small hands so I'm finding it hard to find a grib that feels comfortable.

With going for my fingerprints, walking the dogs and eating supper I didn't get the bedroom cleaned like I planned. With summer so close I'm "trying" to get in a routine to have the house cleaned before the weekend so I don't spend my entire day on Sunday cleaning. I work all day Saturday so I can't divide it between the two days like I use to. I may still do it tonight but it's after 9 already and I'm really unmotivated. Anyway, needing to feel somewhat productive I dremeled the dogs' nails. They were way overdue for trimming. One more thing off my to-do list :O)

Joyce - The cupcakes sound so cute. Did you take pictures?

Shannon - Thank you. Considering he's only 23, he's taking a HUGE load on. I agree about him needing to ditch the gf LOL Maybe some of his compassion is due to how bad M* and his stepmom have treated him. In M*'s defense it's hard to step in and start raising a teenager but his parents lousy parenting style rubbed off on him unfortunately.

Peggy - I'm sorry for your son's bil. It is rough and unfortunately laws don't give any rights to those that raise them unless they have matching DNA. She grew up in foster care so I wouldn't be surprised if this baby ends up there in the years to come. If Jordon chooses, he could potentially be a foster parent to it if it comes to that but only if he knows about it. The ex worries me as he's violent. I remember Jordon telling me somebody at work had hit him in the back of the head. I figured it was a smack or something. Jordon admitted to me when he was here for his birthday that they'd filed a police report on the ex and he's due in court this month for it. Not the type of person one wants to co-parent with. Finally somebody that understands the way I read and craft!!! LOL I agree, it keeps things interesting.

Shannon - so sorry for your family. Keeping you all in prayer.

Prayer Request: We received an email from work this morning that my team leader's stepson had been life lifted last night to Rapid City's in critical condition. After lunch we received the bad news that her 14 yo stepson was being taken off life support. He'd been thrown from the vehicle in a car accident and the injuries were too severe. Please add Danielle and her family to your prayers. My heart is breaking for her.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2015 :  8:34:29 PM  Show Profile
Prairie Tammy...about a comfortable firearm...I've carried my 38 special revolver but the hammer pokes me and that gets aggravating. I've carried my Springfield 9mm subcompact. While it was a subcompact, it was still bulky to carry and the shape of it could still be seen under a shirt.
I finally settled on a Ruger LCP 380. I absolutely love it. It has a slimline profile and in total size is no bigger than my whole hand. The mag carries 7. The slide is smooth and doesn't pinch if your hand gets in the way. It is easily concealable in a pocket, hip holster or bra holster. It is easy to handle and has little kick. The smallness of it does not detract from its take down power. It will definitely do the job. I usually conceal carry with a bra holster. My bosom is large enough that the firearm hides beneath the bra line. No one ever knows its there unless they give me a big hug and feel it.

I'm praying for all y'all tonight. God's Blessings and Peace cover you.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  06:25:30 AM  Show Profile
I'm hopping onto the porch steps to see who's having morning coffee. I can't believe no one has posted in 3 days! Everyone must be busy.

I'm disappointed that my tea package has taken so long to arrive. I sure hope they arrive before April arrives!

Virtual Porch decorating....Spring is beginning to show its beautiful colors. I found a vine of Wisteria growing wild in some woods. (I actually did, that part of the story is not make-believe) I dug it up and I'm planting 'here' next to our porch. I'll attach the vine to the eaves. The pretty lavender flowers are hanging down and attracting bees and butterflies.

Have a wonderful Saturday, gals!!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! What a busy couple days!!! We went and picked up our cow yesterday - we purchase a whole cow once a year or so, from a guy who raises them strictly grass-fed, about 2 hours away, one way. He also raises chickens and sheep :) We headed out there yesterday and spent about two hours on the farm. The kids got to bottle feed some of the baby sheep whose mommas neglected them from either being first-time mommas, or they had twins and only wanted the other one. There were five of them. They still have about 40 pregnant sheep and I have no idea how many have had their babies. So. MANY. sheep! We even got to love on one that was just born that morning! Then we drove the two hours home.... It was then time to figure out where in the world to put all the meat! Normally we purchase a jersey, but this year all he had were angus. I didn't realize how much meat that was! It took quite a long time for me to get it organized and all in the two freezers. In order to do so, I had to pull out a bunch of frozen bananas, tomatoes, beef bones, and chicken bones from the freezer... and oh veggie ends that we had saved for veggie broth. Yup - today I am n the process of making a bunch of food and processing it! My veggie broth is ready to can. I have 3 ice cube trays of beef tallow in the freezer "setting," My first batch of chicken broth is just about ready to strain, and my 5 half pints of ketchup are in the canner now. I have two full loaves and 4 small loaves of banana bread baked and made my hubby some food to take with him on his trip that he leaves for tomorrow. Oh and a gallon worth of yogurt in the dehydrator doing its thing. I still need to make my second batch of chicken broth, and start my beef broth, which I will let cook through tomorrow evening, then can Monday morning. I'm quite tired, honestly! But it has been good to keep busy. Brad's grandfather's funeral is today.... my heart still aches and tears well up when I think on it - which I'm doing now. WEll shoot!

Tammy - I'll keep praying for Jordan!!!!! Any word on M's surgery???

Catherine - a 38 is what I'm looking to get. Nice to know about the bra holster! I'll definitely be looking into that!!! Oh - and I received my tea package!!!!!!! I was thrilled!!!!!! I don't want to ruin it for anyone, so once everyone gets it, I have a question:) And I LOVE wisteria!!!!! I have some seeds that I want to plant!!!! Do you think we can hang a hummingbird feeder? I so love watching them!!! Such amazing creatures!

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  12:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Hi gals. Catherine, I sure wish I had temps here to grow wisteria. I love the smell.
Shannon, wow, You wear me out just reading your post.lol But I understand having to process as much food as possible. With a family that size you can't waste anything. So hubby is off n running again...sheesh. Good thing you have the kids for company huh? That has to be rough though.
Ok, I have to share this, it's funny. Do any of you have a cat that snores? I know, it's hilarious. He's laying stretched out on my lap and snoring... gurgling... moaning. He has such a rough life... hasn't got his 20 hours of sleep in yet today. He's just too much!
Well we had snow flurries all day yesterday and in the teens last night. Today is sunny but only in 20's. Teens again tonight. Keep those hot teas coming gals... some of us still need them!lol
Have a great day Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2015 :  6:25:22 PM  Show Profile
Shannon...YES! Please hang a hummingbird feeder or two on our Virtual Porch. They'll be thankful for the refreshment as they migrate back from winter.

Judy, it is so hard for me to imagine snow flurries. I've never seen snow. It's sad, I know. I was in shorts and a tank top today out one my tractor in 80+ degrees.

I'm so glad the tea packages are starting to arrive.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  12:05:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...well I posted the other night but I see it isn't on here. I was probably tired that night
and didn't hit the submit button. Oh, well...so goes my Foggy Brain.

I spent yesterday with my youngest son and family. We went out to eat at Russell Street BBQ in Portland. It
is amazing Southern Food. Sooo good!!! Then we were going to take Elijah to the Zoo but we thought it stayed
open longer than it did...so, we are going to try to go tomorrow. Instead we went to Ice Cream Renaissance in
Vancouver and had our favorite Vegan Ice Cream. Elijah loved it and made a huge mess all over him and daddy
but it was adorable. Then I came home and napped for about an hr and a half and headed to their house to
watch my little man while mommy and daddy went out for a date night. All this time my husband is getting
jealous because I spent the whole day and evening with my kiddos. You would think since him and I are together
most every day of every week he would be glad to get rid of me for awhile. LOL So, I spent the whole day and
evening with him today...but tomorrow I am going back out with the kids. He can't say I didn't give him fair
warning when the Grandkids started coming along...that I planned to be a very active grandma...and I also
told him that any time the kids invited me to do something...If I felt up to going...I was going. I refuse to
sit around this Apartment and grow old. We invite him so many times to join us and he refuses except on big
Family Events he will go to those. You wouldn't think 8 yrs difference in our age would make such a big
difference in wanting to do things...but it sure seems to. ~ Anyway...the little boy kept taking my cell phone
and calling his Grandpa yesterday. He would tell me that he wanted to see Grandpa on my cell phone so I would
go into pictures and let him see Grandpa...but the next thing I knew he was into my address book and he would
scroll until he saw Grandpa's picture then he would hit the green telephone and call him. He must have talked
to Grandpa 4 times. LOL The kid isn't even two and he's tech savvy already. He can operate the TV remote and
our Tablets plus the cell phones. And he knows how to take pictures using the cell phones and tablets. Geesh
He makes a lot of adults look ignorant. LOL

Still haven't gotten my Tea Pkg yet but I am anxiously awaiting.

I'm not going to address everyone seperately tonight as I'm really tired. But hope everyone has an amazing Sonday!!!

Love and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  10:42:38 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Howdy gals,

Got my tea package...smells sooo goood! Thanks Catherine.. tuck in is so cute too!

Well, tomorrow is another trip to the VA in Asheville for a PET scan. Continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. The follow up isn't til April 6th! Hurry up and wait..sigh...

Shannon had me worn out too with all she did. Glad you had strength to do it though.

Peggy: Kids are amazing are they not? It's almost like they are little adults.. and they grow up fast enough!

Judy: Too funny about that cat! He's something else too. lol

Have a great Sunday. We have 50 and sunny. Prayers for those that need and want them.

hugs n squeezles
Patsy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  4:42:42 PM  Show Profile
Oh my word I paid for it today!!!!! I could not walk by the end of the night and am hurting today as well!!!! But God is good!

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  12:22:24 PM  Show Profile
awwww Shannon.....BIG 'gentle'(((hugs))) girl! ...can't squeezle ya too hard, can we? *giggle*
I got my tea pkg. today Catherine! I really liked your heart-felt, warm 'n fuzzy letter! Thank You, Girlie!
We have mid 40's and gusty today...but lots of sun and fast moving clouds so we get a peek of that blue sky...
...occasionally! heehee
Make it a great day Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
just hopping in for a minute.

Catherine got your lovely tea package today. Thank you so much. It smells delightful.

Patsy and Judy keeping yall in prayers

It is a lovely spring day here and I have short week at school as we have Easter break from Thursday through Monday. I am looking forward to it. WE are busy cleaning up our little farm for graduation which will be here before we know it.

Hope all is well
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Purple Skies
http://mypurpleskies.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  7:45:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Porchies!
-Catherine, I recewived my tea pkg on Saturday! Thank you, Thank you!! The tea does smell just heavenly! Can't wait to try it! Loved the letter too! It think it just described how so many of us feel. I was just telling DH I feel spoiled by the Farmgirls: and, don't think I would meet many like minded women around here. Anyway, I would have to put forth the effort..which I don't do. (shame on me). I loved the sweet little tuck-in. I won't mention what it is either. The Tea ladies will love the surprise!

-I'm still praying for you Patsy and DH, and Judy and families. That "hurry up and wait" time is not easy.
-Judy, your cat sounds like a hoot!
-Shannon, it sounds like you about did a season's worth of "putting by". It feels so good to see the fruits of your labor. But, Oh, your poor, achey-breakey body. Sorry, too, to hear of the loss of Brad's grandfather.
Well, girls, I have been enjoying all the pictures and posts. Can hardly keep my eyes open tonight. DGD and family moved in with us last Thurs. night. We are watching 1 yr. old gr-dgd while dgd works. Don't know how you do it, Peggy. She is so precious though.
-All this talk about "firearms" makes my nervous. Although, I know a lot of women who carry around here.
Tomorrow I will plan menu for Easter Buffet for our tribe. 26 people at our house. Sure hope it will be nice enough to shoo kids outside. If not, oh well! lol. Have a beautiful Easter.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  12:22:20 AM  Show Profile
Good Morning My Porchies (3 minutes after Midnight here)lol...

Catherine...I got my Tea Pkg today!!!! Thank You So Much for the wonderful smelling Tea and the very
artsy/craftsy Tuck In. I too loved your letter. It was nice to here a bit of your Story.

Judith...Oh, my goodness girlfriend...26 people at your house for Easter Dinner. You are a Brave Heart.
Don't over due!!! Your Fibro will scream at you if you do. But Have a Blessed Easter!!!

Teacher Tammy...isn't it nice to have Spring weather??? Ours has been fabulous. We seem to get about 4 good
sunny days and about 3 rainy days each week. Easter is suppose to be rainy here...but we plan to do the Saturday
Night Service and then dinner out on Easter. ~ It won't be long at all before those boys of yours are Graduating.
It has been 10 yrs since my youngest graduated and those 10 years have flown by...it is just unreal. Enjoy each
moment you have with them.

Judy...how are you doing my friend? Keeping you all close to my heart and in my daily prayers.

Shannon...your work projects about killed me just reading about them but I can relate to how you are feeling today.
Yesterday My Son Shane, Sadie,Elijah, Sadie's Mom Patti and Sadie's sister Michelle...we all went to the Oregon
Zoo together. After walking around for five hours and a rather brisk clip the last part of the Zoo we were trying
to get to the Carousel before the Park closed...when the kids dropped me off at home I could barely walk from the
SUV to the Apartment. My entire body was screaming at me...and even today I feel the same way. I have a Motto I
live by...Play Today...Pay Tomorrow!!! But I never will quit playing no matter how much pain I have to endure for
a couple days afterwords. When I die...I plan to go out of this world ALL USED UP!! For being as in as much pain
as I was, I still walked for a mile today, went grocery shopping for the Month and went to Barnes and Noble and
prepared my Bible Study Lessons for Thursday Night. So, for me...I'm headed to bed early tonight. I hope you get
some days of healing rest...you've done plenty my Friend for a few days.

Well, off to LaLa Land!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  06:16:06 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone! Looks to be a beautiful day! We are suppose to be in the upper 70s or lower 80s. Just hoping the humidity stays off, as that seems to be what takes my breath away! I'm finally feeling like I have a little energy today, So after the children are done eating their morning snack of banana bread, we are going to head to Joann's to do a little shopping, and then to the grocery store to pick up a few things we need for the rest of the week. Hopefully the children will be on their best behavior! Usually they are pretty well behaved, but since Brad has left, they want to see how far they can push their limits! I have beef bone broth simmering away on my stove, laundry blowing in the breeze, and the chickens are taken care of for the morning. I'm hoping to give the house a really good scrub down before my hubby comes home this weekend! I have found myself to be a romantic, and am trying to rein myself in, and be more practical and get the normal stuff done before the creative part of my brain kicks in! I love to have a clean house, but am lazy when it comes to keeping it that way! I'm trying to get in the habit of being more consistent with it! God seems to grow me a little each day, in different areas! Looking back to who I was when hubby and I first met, I am blown away at the changes in my character and personality. The Lord has so much more work to do in/with me! Well the kiddos are done, so we are off... talk with you soon :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  7:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peg, I'm doing ok . Today is a good day. Yesterday...not so much. Sure do miss my Mama. Every time I start to feel better about the whole thing, I think about poor Jim! He has worked hard and provided for his family and never slacked off ....EVER! Then he retires and finds out that all of his hard work has turned into cancer? I asked God how that could possibly be fair?/! If he inhaled/absorbed asbestos during all his days of providing for his family, he should just die of, I don't know, exhaustion, heart problems, old age...not something related to 'caring too much!!!' Ya know?
OK, I'm done whining! Just had to say it or 'bust!'
So today I went thru some of Mama's bills and papers that I had in boxes under my bed, where I put them as they came in the mail, just so I wouldn't have to see them. I shredded most of them and recycled all the envelopes and unimportant stuff. Somehow doing that made me feel ....good! Go figure! Closure? Dunno! But...I feel better....somehow! *sigh*
Peg, when you mentioned the zoo...I was just over on the 'Farm Girl of the Month' thread and saw Diana's Zoo pics. What a gal! What a job! Right?
Shannon Dear, you still make me tired with all your endless doings. Such energy. hahaha
Well we had a sunny day around 50, but that wind was chilly. I'll take it though after all the bone-soaking cold we had this past winter. tomorrow is suppose to be warmer and sunny but....look out after that.
Rain, rain, rain they say. We shall wait and see!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  8:18:18 PM  Show Profile
Judy - sending you big hugs! and prayers as well are being said for you and Jim.

It sounds like everyone has been busy :) I'm back at teaching my kiddos school, and back at teaching piano, so things are back to a regular busy schedule. Just thought I'd pop on and say a quick "hi". My hubby is going to be working so much coming up - last year this week he worked 110 hours...so I won't be seeing much of him for the next 8 weeks. It will be a bit difficult, but I will get used to it soon enough.

We had a lovely family walk today after supper - in the sun and it was just beautiful. Some horses down the road visited with us and it was just so lovely. Hugs to you all!

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  8:35:21 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Joyce...he's just the bestest BIL a gal could have!!
Your description of the warm sun and your family walk made me feel 'warm n fuzzy.'

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  12:09:29 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy...I know, don't you love Diana's job? She had a Post Card made of the picture with the Polar Bear
a few years back...for CJ's State Post Card Swap...and I just have loved that picture every since then.
That was so cool!!! Literally Too! LOL ~ Well, girlfriend it sounds like you have had closure with Mama's
passing (though you will always miss her) but then to be hit with Jim's cancer...it is just knocks the
air right out of you again. And it is terrible that when you have provided well for your family for all
those years...and then to find out the job you had is probably going to be what kills you...it is down
right maddening. I lost my Father In Law to Agent Orange...from his time in the Military and it made me
mad that our own Government Sprayed that stuff on our own military men to see what affect it would have
on human life. It killed them eventually...that was the affect it had. Grrr!!!! Anyway, the only thing that
gives me comfort is knowing that while we are still in the womb God numbers our days...so when it is our
time to go...it's our time to go and nothing can change that.

Joyce...glad you had a lovely walk today. It sounded so nice! My walk was cut short today because of rain
and pain. I miss my walks when I can't take them. I walk 7 days a week if it isn't raining. ~ Wow, hubby put
in some huge over time hours huh? That is amazing. I use to think my 80 hrs. per week during the Christmas
Holidays was a lot...makes it sound like chicken scratch. LOL

Shannon...I'm with you about loving to have a clean house. I hate clutter and dirt and mess. I am so thankful
that I have a younger friend who comes in and does my bathrooms and floors every couple of weeks and only
charges me 20.00 each visit. So worth it. The two things I hate the most is bathrooms and scrubbing floors.
The rest I can do on my own. She is just a God send. ~ Hope the kiddos were good for your today. Don't over
do now. ~Have you started your prenatal visits yet? Keep us posted on how you are doing with that little
peanut.

OK girls...off to bed as I have to get up early tomorrow. 8:30 in the morning and that is early for me. I don't
like getting up that early...especially in this rainy weather. We have systems coming and going 2 or 3 times a
day at the moment...and I feel each one of them. The only dry day this week is suppose to be Thursday. Which is
good because that is when I teach Bible Study.

Sleep Tight My Lovelies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  07:33:53 AM  Show Profile
Good Wednesday morning!

Since most of you have received your tea packages, I thought I'd post a pic of the 'tuck ins'. Back a couple of months ago when I had to stay on the sofa due to my knee, I watched so many movies and crocheted many things, including the little fruit coasters. Each of you received a different one.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  08:15:35 AM  Show Profile
Good morning dear porchies! Today, simply put, I am enjoying the little things in life :) Yup - choosing joy and inner peace :) I haven't accomplished much... though I did get the downstairs swept, laundry in the wash and dryer, and a new recipe created for my cookbook I am working on :) The kiddos and I are about to tackle their school and then my oldest and I are going to try to get some crafts made. We want to start working on the buildings for our "fairy farm," she is in the kid swap and needs to finish up a couple things, and there are her home-ec type things as well. I think for dinner she will be making gluten-free pizza from scratch for home ec! Thankfully she enjoys crafting, sewing, and cooking, so at least it is not pulling teeth to get it done!

Judy and Patsy - I cannot begin to fathom the pain you two are going through with missing your sweet Momma and now fighting along side Jim! My heart breaks for you guys! Continuing to pray!!!

Joyce - WOW that is A LOT of hours!!!! There was a time in my life, before my nursing degree, that I worked crazy hours like that... I held two full time jobs and one part time job in order to pay for my college that was coming up.... Once I started my nursing classes, I went to school full time and worked full time. I continued doing that until I had also obtained my PreMed degree. I do not miss those days!!!! Praying for your hubby's safety and your sanity!!!

Peggy - Oh how I love a clean house - and oh how I hate cleaning it every day, lol! I swept downstairs this morning... and will have to do so again at least one more time today. Between myself, the kids, and the dog, the house is NEVER clean! And yet - it is home... it is lived in and full of love and laughter! My hubby and I have talked about hiring a "momma's helper" to help clean once a week - but honestly, I would probably end up scrubbing the house before she came, lol. Unfortunately, that is probably due to my pride, and I need to hand that over to God! Hmmm sounds like I need to do some more soul searching. A lot of that has been happening over the last couple days!

Catherine - the fruit collection is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE my piece of fruit!!! You ladies are so talented! I surely hope you are not disappointed when my turn comes! My I ask my question regarding the tea now or should I wait awhile longer? Actually - I'll e-mail you... so look for an e-mail from me :)

~ Shannon

Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
Schoolmarm

1407 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
1407 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  10:10:47 AM  Show Profile
Shannon - I think your note to Peggy sounded a lot like me :)

Catherine - WOW!!! I'm SO impressed with your ability to make those coasters!! I seriously want to learn how to crochet - so I can make dishcloths...and now those fruit coasters :D

Yes - he is working a lot of hours. He'll keep this up - between 80-120ish hours for about 8 weeks. It will be tough for him. I'm so glad that he has a sleeper cab (he's an owner/operator of his own trucking company) so when he gets tired he can just crawl back there for 20 minutes and take a quick pick me up nap.

It's another lovely day - and I'm excited to go hang my laundry - I always am :)

Here's the pictures of my new pantry shelves (still need curtains the herb drying rack) and my newly decorated kitchen. I'm planning to put a shelf above the patio door to put more tins on :)

Joyce Hein
Farmgirl Sister #6071

Edited by - GinghamGirl on Apr 01 2015 11:30:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  10:39:37 AM  Show Profile
Catherine - got my tea and tucks today - love my slice of orange! And your note was awesome also. Can't wait to try the tea tonight.

It's back to winter here again - had a few inches of heavy, wet snow last night. I'm working on the tea packets for April - hope to have them out in a week or so.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  12:00:43 PM  Show Profile
Catherine, lovely crochet fruit coasters you made. Wish I could crochet. For the life of me, I just cannot seem to get the hang of it.

Joyce, nice kitchen and pantry! Very sunny, I like that. Our main kitchen window faces the north, so not much light.

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
http://www.fibrejunction.com
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2015 :  1:19:47 PM  Show Profile
Catherine - Got mine too! I got the apple and I love it!

Joyce - LOVE the pantry and kitchen. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to have a pantry full of my own canned goods. Hopefully soon.

We had a couple more calves but I don't have time for pictures right now. It's been crazy around here for too long. After hubby recovered from the flu and we thought things were getting back to normal. But, my Father-in-law's twin brother passed away suddenly and unexpectedly last Tuesday. It's been a long week dealing with it. Hopefully nothing bad happens this week. We've got some sever storms coming tomorrow. I pray that they pass without any damage.

Peggy - I don't mind that you save my pictures. If you find a way to make money from them let me know :) I thought of making calendars or note cards, but I've not really looked into it.

Sorry this is so short, but it's milking time.
Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page