Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  11:43:22 AM  Show Profile
Mel, I also got your Tea package today. I immediately knew it was tea from the smell. hahaha Rascal was all over it too. He liked the ginger/mint combo even though cats don't particularly like peppermint or cinnamon smells separate. *weird cat I have/giggle* Your card was amazing! What a cute cut-out design. Loved the personalized tuck-in too. All in all a great surprise...since, like Bunny, I had totally forgotten about it.
Thank you-Thank you-Thank you!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Catherine Farmgirl Sister #76
Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  5:00:50 PM  Show Profile
OMG!! Less than a week away!!! I'm not ready!!!

Catherine
Sisterhood #76
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2014 :  6:16:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
I just finally have had time to pop in and sit in the rockers. Tomorrow is my last day of school then out for two weeks and I am in need of that. I lost my father in law two weeks ago today so that has been really tough on our family. My mother in law is doing pretty well but this next week I think will be hard for her. So I am not near done with shopping and nothing wrapped for Christmas. I usually have everything done so I can enjoy the week of Christmas. But I am still going to enjoy it and hopefully not go mad with trying to get things in order...hahah if you see loose wings they probably belong to me.

Mel I got your tea so very delightful

Peggy thank you for the Christmas card.

Bunny hope you get a job soon. I am praying for you.

well ladies I need to wrap my presents for my little butterflies and find an ugly sweater for tomorrow... I don't do ugly so this might be a difficult thing to accomplish.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Whispers of Morning
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  11:05:08 AM  Show Profile
Catherine- thanks so much for those encouraging words!! I do often feel like I'm not doing "enough" or that my kids will be "behind" but honestly I've found they seem to learn so much more when I leave them alone than when I try to do a lot of super structured stuff with them. We are still finding out balance of the two and it changes constantly (as they grow, as we add more, when we move etc) so its a constant evolving monster this homeschooling thing!

I finished my first crocheted wool diaper cover (actually its my second but I never tried the first and don't know where it is). I'm not sure I'm happy with it and I'm honestly not sure it will work, seems too "holy" to me....we will see. I think I'll try a different pattern next.

Here it is:

Busy with Christmas stuff otherwise. Looking forward to it actually being Christmas, and the kids opening their presents. Mostly just so I don't have to keep policing the tree lol. We have most of them wrapped, they are still trickling in through the mail though so a few more that need wrapping. I'm hoping after Christmas I can find Christmas fabric on sale and make drawstring bags to "wrap" presents with next year, or even just use lengths of fabric to warp around them. The wrapping paper and bags this year were insanely expensive!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  12:36:27 PM  Show Profile
...oh dear...oh dear...girls, girls, girls....
you say, you are so far behind...you say you have so much to do...you say 'I've never been this late'....
'No-STOP-BREATH-LISTEN'...
"Everything you are doing is Right On Time!"
Every kind word spoken, every tear shed in true girl-bud fashion, every card sent, every Prayer whispered, every Blessing you've sent out...at least to this farm-girl, has been perfectly 'On Time!'
Don't berate yourselves....
I LOVE YOU ALL! Where would I have been without you this year! You stopped for a moment or(many)minutes just to lift me up in Prayer and I know that I speak for others too who feel the same way. You've had a hot cuppa while rocking away on this porch and let me whine, cry, jabber-on, and yes, laugh too. We've shared so many memories and hopes and dreams....
'NO...no way, my sweet Porchies am I going to let you say that you are late, slow in doing, behind...
Dear Friends, you are always 'Right On Time!
I thank GOD for each and every one of you!
So take time to breath...and give yourselves a BIG PORCH-SISTER HUG from little 'ole me...who appreciates you all sooooo much!
Merry Christmas my Friends!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  2:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy - you don't know how grateful I am for your post. I just came home from work after a horrible day, sat down and started to cry because I am so tired an "so far behind". Reading your post was just what I needed. Now I can make a list, cross off what I don't absolutely have to do, make a cup of tea, and then figure out what really has to happen in the next day or two.

You're such a blessing to all of us!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  4:31:30 PM  Show Profile
Mel, Your tea package arrived yesterday! Such a great surprise! I, too, had forgotten about it! Definitely a Christmas gift! Love the personalized tuck-in! And, such wonderful smells coming from those tea packages..yummy Poor DH is down with a cold. However, even he admired the smell (and made him hungry for something special). The special card is really something! DH thought so too! Thank you!
Now, off the the sewing room to finish 4 more stockings. At least they are all cut out!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2014 :  5:23:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Judy...I really needed that post too. I've shed more than a few tears today over all there is to do but you really helped me pull back and figure out what is necessary and what is not. I'm so glad I came by the porch today.

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  11:26:42 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Judy, Judy...see Why We Love YOU so Much?!?!?!
We just ALL needed to hear those words right now...
We just All needed to hear that it is OK to Rest In The Lord
and take some deep breaths and just "Feel" for a few minutes.
And to know that what "Little" we did blessed somebody not only now
but through out the Year.
We get in such a crazy rush this Particular Time of Year...that
we miss out on some of the True JOYS because we are rushing, rushing,
rushing, and feel like we are getting NO WHERE very fast and we still
have so much to do...But in the End...it all falls together in a Crazy Beautiful Harmony...
and The Timing IS Perfect because God is Perfect and Christmas is HIS DAY!!! Amen?
So, Thanks Sweet Judy for putting Perspective back into our Holidays.
Do you know that one of MY SLOW DOWN and Breathe Moments Every Day
has been that E-Advent Calendar you sent me? I have ENJOYED that so
much everyday (once it came through) and I backed up and went through
ALL THE DAYS I missed and built my snowflakes, trimmed my tree,
made my wreath etc and just enjoyed the simple pleasure of that Advent Calendar.
So, thank you Sweet Porchie and Girlfriend!!!

Love To All My Porchies and Know that you are always in My Prayers.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

Don't allow others to steal the Glitz from your *SPARKLE*

Life is too short to knit with ugly yarn!

Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 20 2014 11:31:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  1:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I think I need to print our your post and tape it to my fridge! Life right now is overwhelming me and I seem to be on a downward spiral! We have had no heat for the last week. I'm still not done making gifts. Yesterday was spent shopping for kids' Christmas outfits (usually hubby's mom buys them, but this year she apparently waited too long so told us to go buy them and sent some money), and today was spent grocery shopping. I am exhausted, and yet have so much more to do! But then I stop and think on what you said... and I MUST believe I will get things done in just the right time <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2014 :  11:48:43 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening My Porchies...

Today I got all the gifts wrapped that I have bought so far...and that will help me Monday when I go
to pick up the last few things I need. And even getting that done...I still had time to go with hubby
for a couple of hours to Barnes and Noble. It was hectic in the store but we sat in the Cafe' and drank
coffee and read for awhile and visited with each other and friends there.

The weather has been very wet...and we are suppose to get flooding but next week looks dryer on the news
report. Which will be great.

Shannon...I am so sorry that you are without heat...a week is a long time to be with out...when you have
children. I pray that will get resolved soon...and I pray that you find pockets of peace in this hectic
time. If nothing else...take a few minutes once the kids go down at night and grab your Bible and just
spend 10 minutes in The Word and you will feel refreshed. Or pick up your favorite devotional and read
a scripture and do you devotional.

OK...my Sweet Porchies...enjoy Sonday and remember to Breathe in small moments of rest and peace into
your day.

Love and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  04:33:47 AM  Show Profile
WE HAVE HEAT! The motor needed for the heater FINALLY came in and hubby stayed up until after midnight putting it in :) So very thankful! We had to order the part, as the businesses around here would not sell it to us, because hubby is not licensed to work on HVACs. But God got us through and we now have heat again <3

~ Shannon

http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  07:13:09 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, Praise the Lord!
Happy SONday Porchies!
It's 25 and gray here, but this too is the day the Lord hath made!
'Spose to be up to the50's by Wednesday! This isn't Ohio Christmastime.lol
This is N.C. weather! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2014 :  11:10:16 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
I'll take that as a compliment sissy! We've had 50s in the day and 40 at night, so not to bad around here. 51 right now on this gray Sunday. :)
That WAS a very 'printable post' dear sister! Was saying AMEN when I got to the end. :)
Got my cookies and candy made so a box will be coming soon. :)

Got that wonderful smelling package from Mel! LOVED the cute card and goodies. Thank you large! :)

Thank you for your Christmas card Peggy. Was glad to see the glittering snow on the card. Probably the only snow I will see for Christmas, although I think we may see some in the air sometime soon..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  07:01:22 AM  Show Profile
Judy, wonderful and much needed encouraging words. Thank you!

I hope this Monday finds all y'all well.

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)
One of the best compliments from one of my daughters: "Moma, you smell good...like dirt.

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  08:27:00 AM  Show Profile
Good morning ladies. Another dark and grey day here in ND. It's actually raining this morning. I'm not happy because it will make the roads a mess and the yard a skating rink. Oh well. Last time I posted a picture of frozen fog on the trees. We had 4 straight days of freezing fog and then again Saturday night/Sunday morning. This time I was able to get close ups. It was so odd looking. Normally frozen fog looks sort of like moss growing on the trees and grass but this time it was almost like shards of glass. Beautiful! It normally melts off in a day but this has remained. I'm sure the rain will clean it off today though.

http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/Snitz/Images/2014/12/DSCN1124.JPG" border="0">

I'm done with Christmas stuff except for cooking! I'm so excited I'm done. I finished wrapping presents Friday night while watching A Christmas Carol. I bought most of the food last night so that's ready. Remembered after I got home that I'd forgotten pineapple for the ham but that I can pick up tonight after I get done working. I have 3 straight days off from both jobs this week so I'm so excited. M* leaves for Michigan on Friday so I have nearly a week of peace to look forward to :o)

Well I'm an official horrible parent. Sorry but I need to vent. I've informed my son and his girlfriend last night that they have until the end of January to find some place else to live. He went out and bought her a "promise" ring for Christmas that looks like an engagement ring after only knowing her 6 weeks and has already given it to her. I'm furious! They can't get a vehicle and they can't afford an apartment because they're spending money on stupid stuff and then he did this. It was the final straw. They want to play house they can support themselves and do it. They were only supposed to be here until their apartment came through and that never happened. I've watched her bring in bags and bags of junk she's bought her family and friends and wondered where she's getting the money. My son informs me it's okay because she gets a disability check every month for having ADHD and her having gotten fired from her job isn't an issue! That she's perfectly capable of working seems to be a foreign concept. I've repeatedly suggested getting a second job to him and he's ignored me. I've worked 64 hours for the past 3 weeks and they haven't helped me at all with anything. M* informed me our electric bill doubled last month because they've been running a portable heater in the bedroom. I was seeing red. The room is a disaster and a portable heater in there is a HUGE fire hazard. There's no need for the heater anyway, the house is kept at a constant 70' too. I can't see I had any other options? When I told them last night they acted like it was no big deal. I guess only time will teach them (hopefully). Okay, thanks for letting me vent.

Sabrina - Your wool diaper cover looks great! I made some back years ago when Jordon was a baby but mine weren't wraps. If you've never used them they aren't like vinyl wraps that protect things from the moisture. The holes will probably shrink when you wash it.

Judy - thanks for the reminder. My insane work schedule has had me in a bit of a spin and your words helped.

Well I need to get back to work. Thanks for letting me vent and Judy thanks for the works of encouragement. Hope everybody has a great week and a great Christmas!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  10:29:32 AM  Show Profile
Mel - just got back from the post office and I got my tea packet. How adorable!!!! I LOVE your address label. Too cute :O) Thank you!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Etsy: PrairieGypsyCrafts
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  11:24:52 AM  Show Profile
Mel - thank you so much for the wonderful tea package! What a great Christmas tea break package - LOVE it!

Judy - What a wonderful post. Yes, my superwoman cape came and everything when well - I knew it would with His help :) I do agree though - this isn't ohio Christmas weather. I'm crossing my fingers for Wednesday night. It might snow. I sure hope so.

Praying for all you porch sisters, but now I need to put my cape to use (hee hee) it doesn't work sitting on my bottom :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

752 Posts

Sabrina
Kansas
USA
752 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  12:05:30 PM  Show Profile
Shannon-so glad y'all have heat!!

Tammy-thanks for the compliment on the cover. No I have never used wool and everyone is telling me that the holes will shrink and it will work better than I expect so I'm looking forward to trying it! Not sure if I should make another this size or go up a size as it looks really small! The pictures of the ice on the trees is beautiful although I'm sure its not making the roads nice! Also, I don't think you are a terrible parent I think you are doing the right thing by setting boundaries, if they want to live in your house they should be helping out (financially and physically) and if not they need to learn to support themselves. I don't blame you one bit!!!

I feel like a horrible parent myself today. Totally lost my cool on my middle daughter. She has had a rough day from the start. But now she is asleep in bed with a croupy cough and she had it last night too. This is my most challenging child but also my most healthy child who hardly ever gets sick. We have noticed that we often have more behavior problems when she is fighting something off so now I'm concerned she is getting sick again. We so rarely get sick that it really throws us when we do (of course I'm grateful that its not often!). Hubby just said maybe we need to really just spend the next two weeks at home to avoid any more germs since our immune systems seem to be so slowly recovering from that flu or whatever it was. I think he may be right. Of course he still has to go to work but besides church on Christmas eve everything else is on break so we may hibernate!

In case I'm not back I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
Go to Top of Page

star-schipp
True Blue Farmgirl

942 Posts

Starletta
Middletown Indiana
USA
942 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  12:14:59 PM  Show Profile
Tammy - those photos are breathtaking!

If you can't feed one hundred people, then just feed one. -Mother Teresa

Star - farmgirl sister #1927

Estle Schipp Farm: Celebrate the Hobby Farm Lifestyle

http://EstleSchippFarm.blogspot.com

https://youngliving.org/starschipp

Master Food Preserver
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2014 :  6:02:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you everybody, but God inspired me to write it...so just thank Him! *giggle* Thank YOU GOD for always giving us a well-timed word!
Tammy,I've never seen frozen fog before. I can't help but wonder if that's what the poet meant by hoar-frost!
hmmm....
Heather, I too am waiting to see if the weather is true....snow Christmas eve would be sooooo neat. We're going to Dave's mom's church for Christmas eve service at 7 PM. Couldn't go to the later one because Dave works Christmas day. (ya, I'm gonna be alone alllll day) *sigh* Oh well, God will keep me company and family will call...right Patsy? *giggle*
Time for tea and a Christmas read. Got 2 new books from library today.
G'nite!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  12:19:11 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Week My Porchies...

I Love this picture and the message...so thought I would share it with you.

Well, Just like Judy said, "I got all my shopping done today...right on time!" God is never too early
or too late...but his timing is perfect! It was kind of fun to be out in the hustle and bustle of The
Crazy shoppers. I only had to go to one store to finish it all up. Gift cards mostly and food items for
Christmas Dinner and little odds and ends.

Then tonight hubby took me out to a Nice Shrimp Dinner. We sat and relaxed, talked, and just enjoyed
the Holiday Atmosphere. I had a glass of wine with dinner and we had great service and joyful surroundings.
And I just breathed deeply and unwound my brain from all the craziness that I put on myself.

Well, my Lovelies...I am so happy everyone is enjoying their Tea Pkgs Mel put together. She did a nice job.
Everyone did great this year when it was your month!

Prairie Tammy...I love the Frost Pictures. Very Cool!!!

More Later... and Big Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 23 2014 12:21:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2014 :  02:44:30 AM  Show Profile
I'll be out of touch until after the holiday's so want to wish all my porch friends a wonderful holiday!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

cajungal
True Blue Farmgirl

2348 Posts

Houston Area Texas
2348 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  06:33:28 AM  Show Profile
Happy Christmas Eve!

Catherine
Sister #76 (2005)

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2014 :  08:34:56 AM  Show Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS MY LOVELY PORCHIES...today I am going to post the Christmas Poem I wrote this year.
You won't get the cool graphics but you will get the message, I'm sure.

YOU CANNOT TAKE MY JESUS
BY PeggyAnn Smith 2014

You cannot take My Jesus...he's not yours to take away.
The Father gave Him to us...that means He's here to stay.
You cannot take My Jesus...if you're a Box Store or a Mall.
You cannot take My Jesus...he's the 'Center' of it all.
You cannot take My Jesus...from our children and our Schools.
You cannot take My Jesus...because he now breaks all your rules.
You cannot take My Jesus...out of his lowly manger.
You cannot take My Jesus...because He might offend a stranger.
You cannot take My Jesus...from the governing of our land.
You cannot take My Jesus...just because you think you can.
You cannot take My Jesus...from my heart or from my soul.
You cannot take My Jesus...because, I'm not letting go!

Christmas has always been...Love and a Gift.
Jesus is the gift is and Love is what we celebrate.
Merry Christmas from My Home & Heart...to yours.

Love You ALL My Sweet Friends!

Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 24 2014 08:37:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page