Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  10:55:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks everyone for the kind words and prayers. You girls sure know how to cheer someone up! And thanks for the tea, mug rug, and card Darlene!

Basically we're looking at WI, MN, and ND because the land is cheaper. WI has a ton of dairy farms. I think WI has the most dairy farms, but California has the most cows (bigger dairies). We would love to go other places - especially east Tennessee, but we can't afford it. We're looking for 200 acres and trying to get it with a house and some barns for under $600,000. Land in ND used to be less than $500/acre until the oil boom. The problem there is the milk market is horrible. We have more dairy farms in one county than they do in the entire state! We can't seem to let it go though because the people are wonderful. It's so open and beautiful. Even though it's cold and dry! We want to avoid the east - too many people and politics in the NE dairy compact - but other than that we're open to pretty much anything. We just need enough land to support our herd because buying feed is not profitable. We've used up so much of our savings feeding the cows! You think you're grocery bill is bad Peggy - we spend over $200 a day feeding the cows hay! But I agree. The cost of food is getting ridiculous! I can't wait to get moved and plant a HUGE garden.

Here is the farm in WI we want to look at. I'm not a big fan of the yellow, but it can all be repainted.
http://www.ferrisauction-realty.com/property.php?ID=173

If any of you know of any farm realtors in your neck of the woods let me know.

Well, it's past lunch time so I better get to cooking! Thanks again for cheering me up ladies.

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  11:01:49 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, It's spitting snow today and we have a skiff of it on the ground.
Mama has a Dr. appointment at 4, to see what that hard lump on her jaw is.
Keep us in your prayers please. Thanks!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  11:13:15 AM  Show Profile
I'll be praying for you and mama! I finally looked on the map where you are Judy. Do you ever go to Holmes county? I would be at Mrs.Yoders once a week if I lived where you do!!!! It's probably a good thing I don't. :)

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2014 :  6:51:33 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies,
just wanted to pop in before the posse got sent out. It has been quite a week. I had a cold last week and still not completely over it. That is what happens when 24 butterflies sneeze on teacher's desk.
My one son that went to state wrestling and got third. Very proud mama here. But we also nearly had a barn fire. OUr pig barn had an electrical short cause the babies chewed on the light cord. Thankfully son and I were still home and were able to shut off power and only lose one mama pig rather than 90 babies and mamas. Spent Saturday cleaning pens and redoing lights etc everything is fine.
Prayers would be appreciated they put my father in law in the hospital and right now things are not real good. He is 86 and having heart pains and too thick of blood. They wouldn't let me see him cause I Have a cold but rest of family saw him.
I have the winter duldrums and am just ready for school to be over.
Darlene I got your tea thank you so much it was a spirt lifter today
well time to fold laundry and get ready for another day
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  10:10:21 AM  Show Profile
I get a kick out of DH. He usually picks up the mail in town. Today he came home with a big grin and waving an envelope. "You've got farm girl mail!". So, I open it in front of him. He had to snif the tea, Darlene! Thank you, so much! Blueberry is a nice change. I've been drinking more tea lately. Trying to shake a head cold so I can visit ggbabies. Your heart mug rug is very sweet..I appreciate all the handstitches! Let's see...that's my rug + how many others..hand stitched. sweet. And, thank you for the valentine! I still like Snoopy!

TLTammmy- Congrats to your wrestler and proud mamma! Sounds like someone up there was watching out for you re electrical short. Poor mamma pig. Prayers being sent for your FIL. And for you because it's hard not to be able to see someone you worry about.

Judy- I hope your Mama's appt. came off alright! Bumps, lumps, and bruises..she's so sweet and probably doesn't hurt over them as much as you do. I'm sure she doesn't like to see you worry.

Heather- We always thought we would move to MN or WI. Seems taxes were so high though. Now, for the last ten years we have wanted to move to Iron Mtn., MI area. If we don't do it soon we will be too old. We will just have to vacation there. Yes, Jan, I keep a daily watch on the weather up there too!

Peggy- In the the middle of a long catch up note to you! Fibro fog keeps intruding.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  4:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - your tea came today!!! Was this the first one that has been lost in the mail, or did you re-send another packet? Either way - the tea sounds yummy. I can't wait to make a cup - maybe even tonight when I settle in with a good book. Wish this darned snow would go away, then I could go plant the seeds. I bet they are going to be beautiful. Anyway - THANK YOU!!! I really needed a "pick me up", so it arrived just when I needed it the most.

Supposed to be below zero again tomorrow and Friday AM, then more snow this weekend and again next Tuesday. This is the winter that just won't quit. We are all getting cranky and bored.

Hugs to all -

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

My blog: finallyafarmgirl.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  5:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I had a long post and I couldn't submit it and I can't do it again.

Got your tea today Peggy. Love it all. Going to make the chocolate now! Yummy!

Let's see if this posts.

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2014 :  7:40:58 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies,
Have you got room for one more & if so sure hope your porch is warmer than mine right now. Cold, cold & more on the way! BRRR! Have been hearing how cold you are & feel bad for you! Spring is surely around the corner for us all!

Debbie, I know how special Peggy's creations are! Her gift looks beautiful. I received a shawl & it found the perfect home with me. I've been battling some serious health problems since late fall, in the hospital more than out, so wrapping Peggy's gift around me felt so good. Tooo soft!

Catching up with everyone is going to a treat!
Hope everyone had a great day
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  06:31:55 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hey girls!!! How are things? We got a bout of warmth here, so refreshing, but now it is cold again. At least I can hang my laundry again, though. :) It's the little things, right!?

Peggy- Love the flowers! Secret Sisters are always so nice! I should get involved in SS again! Hope they brightened a few days, perhaps a "tide over" tell more Spring-like times. Winter is yucky!

Debbie- Hope you are healing well. That Shawl is lovely! Remember to take it easy.

Judy- How is mama??? Any leads on a new Onocologist? Sorry about you frozen, mushy, spotted roses. :( Sending you HUGS!!!

Heather- That looks like a NICE farm! Lots of space! Have you considered KY? That's where we are looking mostly (and a bit MO) Too cold in those northern states. ;)

Judith- LOL!! about you DH and "farmgirl mail"!!! :D

I have started a new business, Im not asking you to buy anything, or host any shows - but I thought you might like to learn about Essential oils, and how they can help with things like allergies, sleeping better, and natural ways to get over common ailments like the flu, colds and even give you more energy throughout your day.
I will be sending out easy recipes using Essential oils, once a month via email, and occasionally Ill be mailing samples of things I make, like peppermint lip balm, bath salts, soap etc.
Would you be interested in joining my mailing list, to get these free recipes and links to get free samples?

PM me:
Name
Address
Email
Phone

Thank you!!!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  09:49:02 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, got the tea thanks.
Read this for a review for an author. She has several books out in the same vein. They are classified as kids books but I enjoyed the one I reviewed. I will read the others later when I have a bit more time. Part time work is cutting into my time way too much but the money is nice. http://www.amazon.com/Angel-Bones-Cats-Linda-Deane-ebook/dp/B00EV12YRQ/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1393523133&sr=1-4&keywords=angel+cats

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  10:02:54 PM  Show Profile
Darlene.....that mug rug is just so darn CUUUTE! Thank you and Blueberry and Cinnamon........two of my most favorite things! :)

Cherime...haven't seen you around much....now we know why! Don't work too hard....but keep that moolah comin' in! :)

TLTammy....congrats to the boy and the proud mom! :) Hope your benched boy has found an alternative interest.

Heather......the WI farm....not bad as far as the photos show.

Luanne ....we had 32 yesterday and we are supposed to be 70's and maybe even 80 this weekend......wish I could send my some of our weather to those of you in the frozen tundra! And you can send the water our way. They really need to work out just how to share weather trends. They can invent all these other bizarre finds lets get them to work on this!! LOL

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2014 :  10:30:06 PM  Show Profile
Between working, promoting the books on FaceBook editing and writing a new one, I am swamped
Mel, More like frozen inbetween. It was between 35 and 50 today in various places around Wasilla AK. So everyone in the middle is cold. Kinda like an ice cream sandwich.
And I do need the $$ for sure. Blessings ladies later.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2014 :  09:29:10 AM  Show Profile
TLTammy - praying for your father in law. I hope things are looking better. I'm glad you were able to stop the fire before it happened! Congrats to your son.

Judith - I lived in MI for a good part of my childhood. I hope things work out for you so that you can go where you'll be happy!

Alicia - looking forward to getting your newsletter. Yes, we've looked into KY. We just haven't found anything that's enough tillable land for the right price. Everything that's the right price is mostly woods.

Mel - I'd be happy to send you some water for some of your warm weather. We were back into the negative temps and windchills yesterday. It's not windy today, but still cold! I'm so ready for spring!

Cherime - glad to hear you're busy making money! Hope your new book is still writing itself for you.

Darlene - don't you hate it when the computer eats your post! Technology - can't live with it and you can't live without it!!

Judy - how are you and mama doing?

Peggy - where are you girl? Hope you're busy doing something fun!

We had our first calf of the year yesterday evening. A beautiful red and white bull. Well, the upload picture thing isn't working so I'll have to show him to you later. He's a cutie! Well, I need to make some lunch so I'll catch you all later!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2014 :  10:31:37 AM  Show Profile
Stopping in to say hey!

Heather, what a nice piece of property. I guess you are use to the cold so no big deal there. I hope you can find the perfect farm.

Judy, praying for Momma and her Dr. visit. Hope it goes well.

Tammy, you sound tired. I'm sorry you weren't able to see Fil. Hope he gets better soon! Sorry about your momma pig. So glad you were able to save the babies and the barn. Scary!!

Darlene, I hate it when posts disappear. I have a big hissy fit and move on.

Well, my homework is calling. I better get to it.

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.curiousorangecat.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2014 :  11:21:03 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...Oh, my goodness I finally have my laptop back. My youngest son got it all fixed for me
with a really good anti-virus scanner. So, I think I'm back in business. ~ I was ready to send The Posse
out on myself. LOL

I have been able to keep up on reading the posts but it is too hard to type anything of length on my tablet.
As you girls know (who have Tablets) they are great for short little blips but not for a chatty cathy like me.

Darlene and Luanne
...so glad that you finally got you teas girls. No, I had not re-sent your teas yet...so those
are the ones that got stuck in a Snowbank some where. LOL Just glad that you finally got them. That was CRAZY!
Hope they taste all the better for the anticipation. It is so FUNNY that I received Darlene's before she
received the ones I had sent her a month earlier. God Bless The US Postal Service!!!! Speaking of Teas I just
ordered a really good one from Republic of China called Caramel Vanilla. You get 50 tea bags for 9.99 plus
shipping...so $13.99 total. But Oh My Gosh Girls it is yummy. Worth every penny spent. It is in their Cuppa
Cake Teas...definitely a dessert tea.

Heather...thanks for yelling out for me. I heard and came running as soon as I could. LOL
Congratulations on your first calf of the year, I mean it (that's No Bull)...oh, wait you said it was a bull *giggle*
what do I know? LOL

Cherime...thanks for popping on The Porch and letting us know that you are busy with LIFE. We know you are one very
busy Farmgirl. We are having one really Gorgeous Day today...almost 60 degrees and sunny...then we are getting another
full week of rain. Yuck!I am still trying to figure out how to send it to CA and TX where they could really use some.

Mel...I just might have to come visit you in Texas so I can get some nice warm weather. I feel like a mud-puddle here
in WA State. Keeps the State looking green and lush but we also grow moss and mold easily. LOL

Alicia...the only way I know that you can be involved with SS is if you belong to a Hen House because the regular SS was
abolished over a year ago...due to so many girls NOT keeping up with their commitments. So sad but unfortunately it happens
with the bigger swaps like that.

Judy My Country Treasure...so glad to see you on The Porch. You must be feeling a little better. I hope to answer your
personal email in the next couple of days...now that I have my computer back working again. Big Hugs My Friend.

Judith...oh goodie, some snail mail??? How fun! I know what you mean about the Fibro Fog though. Yesterday the Chronic Fatigue had
me flat out all day and evening. Such an life intrusion! Today since it is so pretty out...and I want to be out in it... but my DH
is sleeping like a log. He has had some very long days and nights with his work schedule...so I can hardly blame him for wanting
to catch up on his rest a little bit. So, I'm just sitting here looking at the sun from my dining room. I will get out in it in awhile.

Teacher Tammy...I was getting ready to send out The Posse to rope you in but then I went MIA too and the rest is history. LOL I was
really ready to send you a personal email and check up on you...and then you posted. You must have felt those mental vibes thrumming
through your antennai. Congrats on your Son. How is the other twin doing health wise? Have they put him on any medications for his
condition? ~ I just found out that my youngest son has to have an MRI on his head...they are looking for plague build up on the brain
because the Dr. thinks he could possibly have MS. Which worries me a bit because it is the same symptoms as Fibro. It starts with your
vision in your 20's and then doesn't usually manifest any other symptoms until your 40's. Which is exactly what happened with me. I am
praying against that...men don't get Fibro or MS as frequently as women but they do come down with it. He is just getting over Pneumonia.
He seems to struggle with a compromised immune system. Another bad sign. My brother is the only guy I have ever known that has had
Fibro. and sense he is no longer alive I can't compare notes with my son's symptoms and my brothers. It is ALL IN GOD'S HANDS...I can't
worry about it.

Judy...do we have any news on your Mama on that hard lump? Thanks for all the Sweet E-Cards...those have cheered me up a lot.
Keep us posted girl. We miss your giggles when you aren't on here.
You Will Always Be Our Comic Relief!!!!

Are there any girls on The Porch that are fans of the Hunger Games Books??? If there are I just found a
new series that is very similar. It is called The Divergent Series. I have only read the first book but I really liked it.
Anyway, just thought I would throw that info. out there in case anyone was looking for similar type reading.

Well, DH finally decided to wake up. Yahoo!

My oldest son is turning 40 on Sunday. My how time flies. Wasn't it just yesterday that I was turning 40???????
You Know you're getting old when your kids start getting gray hair! LOL

Have a Beautiful Weekend My Girlies and I will be back tomorrow.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 28 2014 11:36:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2014 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals, Mama's check-up went as expected...Doc doesn't know what it is. It looks like an infected saliva gland she said(up there?)...have to go get an ultra-sound Tuesday to see for sure she said. Here we go. Maybe if I took her to a vet they could figure it out faster. hmmmmm....just a thought. Hospitals are so slow to figure things out. Ya know?
We had 1 degree last night. Today is sunny/20. I made a pot of beans with a ham bone that cooked all night and smelled amazing. Yup...had a bowl for brunch. Got up late and didn't want breakfast so beans for brunch was a perfect answer to that. I also made a lemon(very,very mild)cake in a 11x15 pan and dusted it with powdered sugar. Yummy! Had that with coffee when I got on here to chat. After all, can't type without the sticky-finger thing going on. It's the whole "challenge" of the thing, don't ya know? *giggle*
Have a slice yourself with a cup of lavender/vanilla tea. mmmmm... Tastes like SPRING!!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2014 :  3:56:48 PM  Show Profile
Hsppy Saturday Porchies.

It is snowing and a whopping one degree here. I am so ready for spring.

Peggy they have put my son on medication. One he takes twice a day and the other once a day. We return to specialist in April so he can see how meds are doing or if they need to adjust. He is eating better and resting better therefore grades are better and he is not so crabby.

Father in law will be back in our local hospital on Monday. he had 90 percent blockage in the by pass area they had opened before, fluid on his heart and lungs. They tried a stint but too risky with his age. So they have him on meds and he is stable. He is glad to be closer to family this next week. It looks like we will move him to a nursing home when he is able to leave hospital. My hubby and I saw him this past week and he is still giving orders so he may be in hospital but he is in charge. lol. It will be a day to day thing.

School is driving me crazy. I am ready to let the butterflies go. They told me I could get another student and I said I am closed.

Just finished reading Chasing God by Angie Smith. Very good Peggy.

Bunny how is school going for you.
Judy praying for your sweet mama.

Well ladies I am going to make tea and curl up with a book.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1502 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1502 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  3:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Judy- Mmmm... Lemon Cake.... :) Still praying for you girlie!!

Peggy- Yeah, I was talking about a local SS ;)

Heather- I understand! We are having the same issues, but we aren't looking for as much as you are. Thought you might have better luck. :(

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://themostlycrunchyfarmgirl/wordpress.com

www.simplyaroma.com/aliciawinkler 100% certified therapeutic grade essential oils
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DandeeRose Farmgirl Accessories and more!
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  4:17:24 PM  Show Profile
Sorry chicklettes, it's been a while. Didn't get dressed today until 4 pm. I seem to get more housework done in my pajamas. Anyone else feel this way? Anyway spring cleaning has begun. I haven't completed any spring cleaning in 6 years. It got started but never finished. So some windows washed. Curtains washed. All the regular laundry washed. Junk thrown out. stuff was pulled out and cleaned behind. Floors washed and bathroom cleaned. Anyone have problems with lady bugs infesting your house? I do! It seems the more I vacuume the more appear. I never remember seeing so many growing up as a kid. Now they're everywhere. Uggh. What make matters worse is that they love my propane lights. My kitchen table is right underneath the light one of our lights. So dead lady bugs in food sometimes. Yuk! I maybe an old hen but they are not on my diet. Yes the spring cleaning battle has begun and this year I plan on winning the war. So I got dressed at 4 this afternoon to come over to mils for supper. did some snowmbiling. My 6 yo son decided to go too. Haven't been able to do much of that this year. Either the sleds were broken down or the snow wasn't right or just too plain cold. Feels great to be back in the modern age of technology. We can't get dsl or broadband but we got a US Cell mobile hot spot. It seems to work well. So if any of you want to reduce your bills, this might be your answer. Well have a good day all.
A

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  5:21:15 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Happy SonDay Gals! Sitting here in my recliner with the fireplace on and the kitty-cat squished in beside me on (his) blankie, pushing on me with all 4 feet like it's (his) chair and Mom is taking up (his) space. hahaha Gotta love it. Every once in awhile he jerks or lets out a little mew, and I wonder if he's chasing a 'lil mousie or a BIG mousie is chasing him. hahaha He's been barfing the past few days during the night, so I've been giving him extra cuddle time. Hope he passes a hairball soon, and that's all it is.
We got up to 4 new inches of fluffy snow this morning and had to go out and dig the newspaper out of it. Almost all of our old snow was gone, so we had a clean, fresh blanket this morning. The rest of the day was just gray and 20.
Lorena, chicklettes?....too funny. Love it. That's a gorgeous pic. I never get tired of snow pics! So peaceful looking.
Yes, lazing about in jammies is 'Winter's Privilege" isn't it? I've been known to clean up a storm in my jammies from time to time. hahaha
Well, have a great evening Gals! I'm off for tea and more (cat mystery) reading.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  6:54:06 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Judy. The picture was taken after the ice storm we had during Christmas. It was taken with my cell phone at dusk. I used to call the girls I work with chicken poos but decided to change to chicklettes. Lol.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  7:00:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Girls...

It has been another Fibro Weekend. I am so ready for SPRING! Rain Rain Go Away!

Judy...I had a pea size hard as a rock size cyst in my jaw about 4 years ago and it was also from an infected
saliva gland. It went away on it's own but took a little while. No big deal. Don't take Mama to the Vet she will
be fine. LOL

Teacher Tammy...don't you just feel like retiring some days? Let somebody else have the hassle of The Butterflies.
I am glad that your one son is adjusting to his circumstances. It isn't fun to have your life change from what you
enjoy doing because of illness. You and I both know that from the Fibro. But at a young age it is probably even
harder to have to deal with a new "Reality" like that. Thus the crabbiness...glad he is settling down to what his
life has to be. ~ How is your Bible Study going and your crocheting?

Hope your father-in-law is going to be OK. Still praying for him. Those bi-passes only last about 10 years. My dad had
5 bi-pass surgery...and then 10 yrs later they all just disintegrated and he had 5 heart-attacks in one week and died
in the Hospital. I was glad that I was there and had that last week with him. He died at age 69. Way too young...but he
got an additional 10 years of life because of the bi-pass surgery.

Lorena...what a gorgeous snow picture. That is the only way I want to see snow...in some one else's picture. LOL

Well, my oldest son turned 40 today. I told him he was just trying to make me feel OLD! Him and his sweet wife went to California
to spend a week for their vacation/his birthday.

Well...I ordered a sample box of Chocolate Tea from Republic of Tea today. Can't wait til it gets here. The Carmel Vanilla that I
ordered last month is yummy.

Off to read and drink tea...

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

Go to Top of Page

kymomma4
True Blue Farmgirl

516 Posts

RoDonna
Frankfort Kentucky
USA
516 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2014 :  9:01:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Porchies...it's me the wayward farmgirl. I've been out of it for the last couple of months. A lot has gone on and to those who they thought I forgot about here in the sisterhood...I'm sorry. I have two packages that I have sitting here at my house that should have been mailed back in December but never made it to the post office. The devil has been out to get me the last couple of months since I found my way back to church. Now the wonderful (sarcasm) weather is keeping me in. When will SPRING arrive? Kentucky keeps getting hit hard.

My brother will be getting married on April 5th. Please pray for nice weather here. They want to get married in my parents yard. Very country wedding. I have bluegrass music handy for the wedding march...using the "Kentucky Waltz" by the Osbourne Brothers. We are getting straw bales to sit on and since they drive a semi truck for a living my friend is making a semi cake for them. I'm excited to get a sister!! Our birthdays are actually two days apart.

Has anyone worked with Frontier Girls before? They are the alternative to Girl Scouts. I'm looking into starting a troop. We got out of GS a couple of years ago for reasons but we miss having a troop. I loved working with the girls. Sissy is ready to get back into scouting. To me FG looks awesome and have a good following. Just wanted a Farmgirls opinion.

Last week we lost one of my older cousins. He had only been married to his bride for a year and a half. They were married on my birthday. He had some medical issues but his heart just gave out. He was only 52. I'm the youngest of 13 grandkids. Two of them are already gone. :(

Well, it's getting late and I probably better head to bed. Talk to you girls soon!!

Farmgirl #2361
"Blessed is the farmgirl who helps make the world a better and healthy place" ~ Me

"For she is clothed with dignity and strength and without fear of the future"-Proverbs 31:25
www.marykay.com/rcarson4
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  4:26:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi Peg, my Mama's lump is the size of a med/lg marble and as hard too. Scary! Her appointment is in the morning to have an ultra-sound. Gotta wonder what makes a saliva gland get infected. Republic of Tea company teas are so good, and so cheap. I got a free caramel-vanilla last month when I got their catalogue but haven't tried it yet. Upon your recommendation, I just may have too. lol I've had so many yummy teas to try lately I don't know which one to try next. Right now I'm drinking my own home-grown chamomile-spearmint. mmmmm....good stuff.
RoDonna, where ya been hiding girl. Good to see you. I have a nephew in Leitchfield, KY. Is that close to you at all? I really like the sound of your brother's wedding. Very cool.Very country. My nephew is a semi driver too. Small world. And YES, I believe the (d###l) will fight you in every way possible when you try to go to church. I guess that's his job. BUT...I've read The Good Book to the end...I know how that story ends....he loses...God wins. Keep your chin up girlie!
Frontier Girls sounds like fun....more so than girl-scouts. Sorry to hear about your cousin. My hubby and I were married at 51 Y.O. too.
Prayers going out to you and your family!
My dryer just buzzed. Guess my "Bloomers" are dry. lol Toodles!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 03 2014 :  11:56:01 PM  Show Profile

Someone posted this today on Facebook and it was just so beautiful and reminded me of Spring...so I
had to share.

RoDonna...been awhile girl, but glad you made it on to chat today. I have never heard of the Frontier Girls
but it sounds like a good alternative to The Girl Scouts. Won't know unless you give it a try. Having raised
three boys we did Boy Scouts...so, I know more about that than any of the girls stuff. I was always a leader
when they were younger. ~ I have another friend who lives in Kentucky and she is ready for the snow to begone
too. ~ So sad to hear about your your cousin. He was way too young....and I feel so sorry for his new wife.
That must be very hard. ~ The Country Wedding sounds like it will be a lot of fun. I will pray for better
weather for you guys.

Judy...Good Grief Girl don't scorch your bloomers just cuz your chatting on the Porch. LOL ~ I'm with you...it seems
like there are so many great teas available right now. It is like being a kid in a candy store. Have your tried
the Lemon Dessert Tea from Republic of Teas/if it tasted like Lemon Meringue I would love it or Lemon Curd but if it
just tastes like Lemon...I'm not much into plain citrus flavors.

Had my little man here today for about 4 1/2 hours and boy did we have fun!!! Snickers loves the baby too... so we three
were down on all fours romping around the living room. He is so close to walking it isn't even funny, at he is only 9
months old. He has 8 teeth and two more trying to come in. He is such a happy little guy. He likes women way more than
men though. So, far he has only warmed up to his Great Uncle Costas. All other men he is shy around. I think his Grandpa
Larry scares him a little bit because he has a beard. The grand-daughters are scared of him too. Poor Grandpa...Grandma gets
all the Loven.

Well, off to bed to finish listening to a book.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page