Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  3:57:50 PM  Show Profile
WOW! Christmas Eve is here. After all the baking, decorating, shopping, wrapping, it's finally come to a screeching halt. It's here!
We got up to a couple of inches of snow. We went out to eat and to the Goodwill and Green Farms for fruit and such. I needed to get out a little and go anyplace besides a Dr. office. *sigh* Hubby has been working so much lately that it was nice to see him and be with him and have him all to myself. I must have cabin fever. hahaha
I hope all my Porch-Buds have a Beautiful, Blessed Christmas!
Peggy, thanks for the gorgeous card...and the poem with that adorable little cherub in it. *giggle* Love him in the santa hat too. I wanna pinch those cheeks. haha
Lots of love to my Buds!
Merry CHRISTmas!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  7:22:19 PM  Show Profile
Greetings Y'all! Hope everyone has the merriest of Christmases!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Peggy...he is the most adorable Santa I have ever seen!! Kisses to that cutie pie!

Bunny....enjoy your Dr Who marathon. Hubby was a Dr Who freak back in the 70's/80's!

Debbie...we'll miss you..prayers for a great outcome to the surgery!

Judy....glad you got to have a little break and enjoy time with the hubby!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  9:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy and Mel (AND ALL MY PORCH BUDS)

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A BLESSED NEW YEAR!!!

I have been having the most enjoyable and relaxing Christmas Eve. Hubby is in wrapping his gifts.
And I have been sitting and reading in front of the Christmas Tree, with a nice glass of wine.
First I read some more in Susan Branches book A FINE ROMANCE....then I picked up one of my favorite
Christmas books from when I worked Christian Retail back in 1999. The Book is called...If You Are
Missing Baby Jesus and it is about a family who got two baby Jesus figurines in their Nativity Set.
It is such an adorable read. Next year I will be able to read it to my littlest Santa Elijah and
I think it will become one of his favorites too.

A big day of family fun tomorrow. Hubby and I do our little Christmas here at home when we wake up...and
then we pack up gifts and head to youngest sons house and do our gifts with them...and then later in the
day we all meet together there for a big family dinner. Not huge...just 11 of us...but it will be great.
Lots of good food, baby, and family...doesn't get any better than that.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2013 :  10:07:16 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas! I'm in California visiting my family having a great time. We went to church services tonight, had our traditional Swedish Christmas Eve dinner and opened tree presents. Tomorrow we'll go back to my sisters house for stocking presents, watching Christmas movies and more FOOD! Ha! I got Mary Jane's Glamping book from my sister - Yay!

One fun thing we did a few days ago was mistletoe hunting! We drove to the Angeles National Forest and took a hike in a canyon where we harvested a huge bunch of mistletoe from a tree. I've never done that before and it was a lot of fun.

So now I'm going to get ready for bed and get some rest for tomorrow. Nite, all!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  09:17:17 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Mar. Merry Christmas. Just another day here. Feels strange knowing everyone else has a house filled with family. I'm ok though. I'll call my kids in a little while. It is overcast. Not too cold thankfully. I just put my roast in the crockpot.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  09:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Sorry, Mar is on my other thread. I didn't get much sleep last night.

But Merry Christmas to all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  11:28:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bunny.....I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that mixes up The Porch with the Over 50 crew! :) Merry Christmas kiddo! I will have a toast for you and all those unable to be with family for Christmas. :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2013 :  1:49:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Mel. Same to you. I'm smelling my pot roast dinner and looking forward to it tonight.

I am at least keeping busy! I just finished a top for my Etsy site. I don't have it in me to start anything else. Time for Dr. Who!!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

queenmushroom
True Blue Farmgirl

985 Posts

Lorena
Centerville Me
USA
985 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2013 :  06:43:30 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas all a day late. Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. The ice that coated the trees here reminded me of God's infinite glory. The season is a reminder to look after all during this year. My friend Linda is doing ok in her home alone in her wheel chair. Gave utility crews who worked yesterday a bag of Christmas joy. It had candy, cookies and peanuts and oranges. I thanked them and.reminded them that they were doing the lord's work. Offered neighbors a hot shower. We have gravity fed water and live off the grid so it's not a problem here. Christmas was a good day all in all and I'm happy to be a blessing to people. Have a great day all and happy new year if I'm not back here before hand.

Patience is worth a bushel of brains...from a chinese fortune cookie
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  08:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year gals!
We took a ham over to hubby's sisters and after the meal opened gifts, then played board games. When we went home, I was sad when I didn't see very many people had Christmas lights on.
I sent out about 50 Christmas cards and got about 27 back, so am thankful for that.
My son and family from Maryland is coming in tomorrow and we will have Christmas again so that will be fun.
Sent out 4 tins and a big box of 6 kinds of cookies to my kids yesterday. The box was for mama n Judy. Glad I went on a big baking spree since I believe there will be enough to enjoy for the family coming in.

Tammy: Thank you so much for the tea and tuck in! Smells so good! haven't tried it yet, but will soon.

What will you all be doing for New Year's eve? We will have the usual pot of kraut n spareribs with mashed potatoes at midnight eating the old year out and the new one in. We always have a cheese/trail bologna tray with mixed crackers/snacks to munch on while we play games til midnight.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  08:25:59 AM  Show Profile
Hi All -

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Got home from Vermont last night, so have been out of touch for about a week. She doesn't have internet service at her house. It's amazing how much we depend on it these days.

Peggy- I laughed when I read about the book with (2) baby Jesus figurines, because I have LOST the baby Jesus to my set - maybe that's where he went!!! I was hoping maybe he would magically show up on Christmas morning, but he is still lost. I can't imagine what happened to him - I put everything away so carefully every year. Oh well...........

I'll be having Christmas this weekend with boyfriend's family, so that should be fun. The days after Christmas always feel like a "let down" once all the holiday rush is over.

Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  09:57:02 AM  Show Profile
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Busy book promoting on the internet and pumping up other author's sites.
Off to Cordova AK tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
Blessings all.

Blog http://cherimemacfarlane.wordpress.com
Cherime
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  10:09:35 AM  Show Profile
Forgot to ask - where do you ladies find all your wonderful exotic teas for your swap? We don't have anything like a tea shop near us, and the grocery store only caries the name brands like Lipton, Red Rose, Bigelow, etc. - you girls share some kinds that sound awesome!

Thanks!
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  12:29:43 PM  Show Profile
I hope all you ladies had a wonderful Christmas. It sounds like you've all been very busy. I had to leave the computer off for about a week to get everything done. My Christmas was wonderful! My husband made me a bench (I'll have to take pictures later to show you!), my Mother in law got me MaryJane's idea book and MaryJane signed it!! I was so excited. I also got some knitting needles, crochet hooks, and yarn so I can learn to knit and crochet this year. I do wish all our snow would have stayed, but what can you do? We had about 8 inches on the ground for a couple weeks then last weekend it warmed up, melted it all, then Monday it got cold again. Weird weather!!!!
Besides learning to knit and crochet I'm going to read the entire bible this year and get back into running. What is everyone else planning to do?
Well, my load of hay just showed up! Better go get it unloaded! Happy New Year to all!!!

Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
http://nndairy.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  1:18:00 PM  Show Profile
hi ladies,
It is a beautiful day here in Nebraska. Just loving it Took a walk outside for the first time in a long while. Fresh air just does a body good. We had a very nice Christmas. MOst of all I just enjoyed being able to be with family and no stress for the most part. I have read two books and I am finally able to sit down and crochet on my blanket. It is actually looking like something...hahahh

I did go to school today and take down my tree. My dear hubby helped so I wasn't there for more than half hour. Bless that man who loves me.

I shampooed my carpets yesterday. house smells so fresh. Today I have just done not much but I am loving that.

I hope yall had a wonderful and blessed Lord. Yall are such a blessing to me.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Today Is The Day
http://todayanewday.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2013 :  6:20:41 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Hope everybody had an awesome Holiday. I'm still struggling with this cold. It's gone into my chest and I cough constantly. I've been fighting it for 9 days now. I'm over the worse, but the cough is wearing on me. I'm just so exhausted by the time I get home from work.

Luanna - Mail order. Mountain Rose Herbs has some really good teas and they're organic too. Butterfly Tammy shared the link for Culinary Teas which has some awesome teas. www.culintaryteas.com I bought a couple of their samplers and and love trying all the different types.

Heather - how exciting to get an autographed book! They are so special when they're signed.

For Christmas the man got me a Garmin Nuvi GPS unit which I asked for and the new Pioneer Woman cookbook. I was happy with what I got.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://ndprairiegypsy.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Cissik
True Blue Farmgirl

578 Posts

Sylvia
Kent WA
USA
578 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2013 :  4:12:15 PM  Show Profile
My Christmas was wonderful with family. Everyone left full of good food and happy :) That to me is a fabulous Christmas. Warmth and love!
Went to see the Hobbit with hubster, son and grandkids. We sat too close to the screen. I get motion sickness. I'm looking forward to seeing it off a DVD at home. Awesome movie.
I am in search of a Kenmore portable sewing machine. It was built in the 1970's so I've been on the internet. Will start searching thrift shops.
I hope most of you had a great holiday with friends and family. If not, I send hugs, big hugs.

Sylvia
Kent, WA
Farm Girl #5389
http://vintagehousegoods.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2013 :  08:59:48 AM  Show Profile
HAPPY NEW YEAR! to the most AMAZING WOMEN in the world! FARM SISTERS!!
HUGS!
Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2013 :  7:49:14 PM  Show Profile
hi girls, I got a Microsoft-surface from hubby for Christmas. A new gadget for an old bird to learn. ugh I have the keyboard with it so I can at least type like I have a laptop. Mama and I had a quiet Christmas. We're use to that though. It's really cold here right now. We were in the 40's for quite awhile, but now it's low 20's and teens. Going to be a quiet New Years Eve and day too. Dave works. *sigh*
Connie, love the old cards. So nostalgic.
Well, I hope everyone has a happy and safe new year.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  07:19:51 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Judy said to tell you all that her old laptop caught fire and she can't get on the internet. She's still learning the new tablet and all her "friends" are in the ol' laptop, so she's stuck. She doesn't take change very well, so hang in there til she gets it figured out.

well, have a bread pudding in the oven and smells really good. Put on a fresh pot of Gevalia coffee and will be good with the bread pudding..will put the kraut on about 4pm and cook it til midnight. mouth is watering already. :)

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  10:38:51 AM  Show Profile
Hi Everyone...I see one of my posts never posted...don't you love that????

Anyway, just wanted to tell you that My Youngest Son is finally tying the Knot today!!!!
Yahoo, we are having a New Years Eve Wedding and it all got planned in just 3 days....
exactly the same as DH and I did 30 years ago ourselves. That is almost spooky! LOL

More Later girlies...but just had to say "HAPPY NEW YEARS TO MY PORCH BUDS"

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly!" P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

QuiltyMom
True Blue Farmgirl

50 Posts

Jan
Falls Church VA
USA
50 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  1:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year to everyone! I'm at the ice rink (again) watching my kids skate. We're planning a typical New Years Celebration by going out to dinner and having a small party with just the four of us, consisting of poppers, sparkling cider and lots of sweets! Afterwards we'll try to stay up to watch the ball drop on TV. Simple, but fun. See ya'll in the New Year!
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4911 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4911 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  1:24:48 PM  Show Profile
Peggy that is sooooooooooo exciting!!! happy New year to you and the Porch!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  1:31:54 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year everyone!

beekeepersgirl #691

Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2013 :  1:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Merry Christmas, happy New Year and a to some people happy nnuptials day!!! so many exciting things and I hope it has been pleasant for everyone! I know I am the December tea person. And considering this is the last day of December and you haven't gotten your tea I am running late (thankful I'm not alone however! Lol!). I wanted to make you ladies lovely free standing lace Christmas ornaments to stick in your packages. And my embroidery machine messed up. Its in the shop and that's the reason I hadn't gotten them done yet. I was hoping to get it out this week still waiting to hear. So I hope everyone won't mind a late Christmas gift with Christmas spiced tea and free standing lace ornaments! Love to all!

Many Blessings- Alicia #5232
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page