Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  06:50:58 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, sounds like you are working way too hard. So sorry about the other jobs. Keep trying.

My job interview went well, except Skype crashed soon after we started and ended up doing a teleconference instead. I haven't heard anything yet. I was told they would make a decision by the end of the week. If I don't hear anything by Monday, I'll know I didn't get it. It sounds like a pretty intense job with plenty of overtime. Not sure I want to work that hard at my age but I will if that's where the universe leads me. I can't believe everything I needed to get this job has come to me just to not get it. I'm still waiting on interviews for the accounting job here. To be honest, I would rather have that job, I just wish it was in Calif. however it is the difference between $14.00 and hour and $20.00 and hour. Calif job pays much more but it is an admin assistant job. Time will tell.

I'm doing another fabric sale this morning. I don't expect it to be as much as last weekend, but hopefully still earn me some more money.

Darlene, it is so nice to see you back on the porch. I'm sure Judy and Patsy can use your help and knowledge.

Anyway, I need to get ready for the early birds that will probably show up.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  09:41:55 AM  Show Profile
Judy, We are praying for your momma! Medicine can be a wonderful thing, and yet so barbaric!

Life is rolling over me, one wave after another. Nothing bad going on, almost evrything is a positive step forward, I just have a really active ocean!

Blessings and Love to all!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  1:29:21 PM  Show Profile
Shanda...I just love the way you use your words....so artistic!
Darlene, you have no idea how many times I use your tagline in my life..."Jesus, will you get that for me?"...and the enemy flees!
Will remember all of your cancer patient requests...it's so real and close to me now...more than ever!
I just came home to get the hair buzzers...Mama wants it short for her 4 day hospital ordeal. May as well do it and be done with it!
*sigh*
This was us at Daddy's funeral in 2009! Just thought I'd share, though some of you have seen it before.
It's my fav!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  6:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Darlene: Judy and I share the same mama. Judy felt helpless while mama went through the procedure and I feel helpless living so far away.

thanks to all of you who are praying for and thinking of us.

glad you getting the tea I sent. the aroma from the envies just filled me up with one long sniff. :) sorry they were late.

need to go for now. will check in later.

hugs n squeezles...Patsy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  8:04:53 PM  Show Profile
Patsy - Got your tea samples yesterday! Forgot to mention it my post. I haven't been able to find Jasmine tea here so I'm looking forward to it. Even the Chinese restaurants serve Lipton instead of Jasmine - sad.

Another busy day at work. As soon as I got there they asked if I'd work overtime tonight. One of the college guys called in again for the second week in a row. M* was planning on making me homemade fajitas so I didn't even consider it. It was supposed to rain all day so he didn't think he'd be able to work on the shed but the wind pushed the storm north of us so we didn't get the rain thankfully. He was able to get the sides up on the shed so a good work day for him.

Working on my menu plans for the next week. Does anybody else do menu planning? I'm trying to get use to the weird hours I'm working and late dinners. I have Monday & Thursday off this week since I'm working the whole weekend so I'll do more complicated meals those days.

Well I'm off to read a bit before snuggling up with the pillows for hopefully some good sleep. Hope everybody has a great Sunday tomorrow!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2013 :  8:37:38 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Love that pic of you and Momma! You both look like sweeties!
Patsy, I know how it is being far away when you want to be there too! Still saying prayers for all of you. Hugs.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  12:29:33 AM  Show Profile

My dog Snickers and His New Wheels!!! Now I can walk again. With his injured leg I haven't walked for nearly two months. Now we are on
the go again!!! And then I couldn't help slip in another beautiful flower picture (it's Lupin).

I got on here and posted to everyone individually and I went to go to the next page to get the last gals that had posted...and forgot I
wasn't using my "sticky notes" and lost it all. You know me when my computer has a "Hiccup!I have a Tizzy!! Makes me crazier than I already am. LOL

Judy...Love the picture of you and your Mama...thanks so much for sharing that. I was glad to hear that you both were using that Humor
in the Dr.s Clinic the other day. I tell ya...it will get you through this. I am also very glad that they are going to put Mama in the
Hospital...for her treatments. Way to advocate in her best interest girl!

Patsy...haven't gotten my tea yet...but looking forward to it. I bet it is really hard on you not being as close distance wise to
your mama at this time. Praying for all of you.

Kimberly...you just Vacationed at one of my favorite Washington Destinations...Leavenworth!!! Isn't that just the coolest little
Bavarian Village? Have you ever gone at Christmas when it is all decked out? I haven't but my mom has and she said it is just so
beautiful. The Mt.s around there make it look like it sits right in The Swiss Alps doesn't it. I haven't been there for about
5 years...makes me want to go again, just talking about it. You will have to post some pictures so the other gals can see what we
are talking about.

Judith...it sounds like you and DH are doing some traveling this summer. Good for you! I am glad that you are feeling good enough
to do that. And I am so glad that you are on The Porch more.

Darlene...I was going to let you know that Judy and Patsy had the same Mama but my computer wouldn't let me. LOL But Patsy cleared
it up for you. I am also so happy that you are back on The Forums again. It is just delightful to have you back!! Do you have those
outdoor bath tubs filled up yet??? I am coming to sit in the Red one if you do. It was warm here again today. So much so...that I went
in the bathroom and cut all my hair off. I haven't had it this short since 9th grade...when my mom cut it this short and ticked me
off. A Twiggy Hair Cut before Twiggy was even around. LOL I did get it shorter than I had planned...but my hair grows so fast it
won't be short long. ~ I will send you the Tea List and thanks for being willing to take September.

Tea Bag Ladies...don't forget to add Darlene to the list now when you send out your tea. Email me or Darlene and we will give you her
address.

Shanda...I love your descriptive writing too. I can just see you out standing in your personal ocean...with a sneaker wave coming to
knock you off your feet. All in good fun! Glad that you are busy with positive things in your life. That is just awesome!

Bunny...still praying for your job situation. I know what you mean about not wanting to work that hard. As we get older and have
health issues...it is really something to think about and take in to account. It's not like you are trying to build a career and
climb the corporate ladder at this stage in your life. ~ I also learned in life that I would rather love my job even if it only
paid peanuts. Than to get paid well...but hate what I was doing. There is nothing better than to get up everyday and love what you do.

RSF Tammy...at least you have a job...while you are looking for another one. It may not be what you want to continue doing...but a pay
check is a good thing to have coming in.

Tea Lady Tammy...are you having fun yet??? I worry about you working your summer away and not enjoying yourself. You deserve some
real rest and relaxation girl. ~ Did you decide if you were going to do the other Bible Study Group this summer?

Well...I know I have left some of you out of the conversation...but I don't want to lose everything I have typed again. So, hope to
get to you personally in the next few days.

Off to take the dog out for his last potty break...then just hit the pillows and go to dreamland. Really tired again today.

Hugs and blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  09:07:57 AM  Show Profile
Patsy, got my tea yesterday, love it! Jasmine is one of my favorites next to Earl Grey. I love the recipe. I wonder if it would work with rosé petals too. I can imagine it is harder for you being away from your mom and not be able to do anything to help. I bet she knows you love her and would be there if you could.

Judy, what a wonderful picture of you and your mom. She looks like such a sweet lady!

Peggy, Snickers stroller is so cute. I may be a crazy cat lady but you are defiantly a doggy mommy. I hope he gets better soon.

I'm still waiting on the job notice. I figure I'll hear something on Monday. I'm just trying to get all my finals done. I have 3 online ones due by Thursday and one last assignment due today. With studying I'm a little overwhelmed this week. I'll be glad for Friday.
My sale this weekend was ok. Nothing like last weekend but I did make a little over $300.00. Nothing to complain about.
I should get my truck back Tuesday. I can wait! I miss Brunhilda! Yeah, that's what I named my truck cos she is sturdy and reliable.

Well, I better get to work. Way too much to do for sure!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2013 :  12:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Just popping in to say thanks Patsy.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  5:56:58 PM  Show Profile
I made peanut butter cookies so everybody dig in :o) Finally had a day off and I took it off too! There were a couple drops of rain but mostly sunny so a perfect day to have off. I haven't been able to take the dogs out for a stroll so this afternoon I packed up a cooler with water and took the dogs out to the Reservoir for a long walk. I'd hoped to walk around the island along the water but the road and bridge to the island is under water (gee can't imagine why with all the rain we've had) so we did the walking path. We passed a woman with her daughter who was riding her bike with training wheels on it. I couldn't help but be amused when after petting the dogs as we passed she turned to her daughter and said "That was a nice experience wasn't it." like it was a shocking. I'm assuming not all the dogs on the trail are as well mannered as my crew lol. I did manage to wear all of them out and they came home and flopped in various locations for a long afternoon nap. It's rare one can wear a border collie out and live to tell of it lol. Here's a pic of Lacey taking her exhausted nap.

PeggyAnn - I never though about getting one of those when Oreo went lame last fall. It would have been the perfect solution to walking them when she couldn't walk with her lame leg. I might consider one if she has problems again. How did your walk go using it? Did Snickers like it?

PeggyAnn I totally agree that I'm very fortunate the Walm*rt hired me and that I have a job and a paycheck coming in. It may not be glamorous but it pays the bills. It gives me time to find a job I want and not have to take one that I'll hate just to pay the bills.

Think I may take my crocheting outside and work on completing it. Just need to put the border on it and I'll be done.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  6:42:00 PM  Show Profile
I just got in a little while ago. Had to stop and feed Charlie(mama's cat).He was so confused and lonely. So DH spent an hour with him after he got in from work.
I'm afraid the news has gone from bad to worse for Mama. The doctor stopped by this evening and said that she has bone cancer too. He said that it's a different kind than the lymphoma. He said that it's rare for someone to have two kinds. I'm to shocked, numb, and wore out to cry even. I only slept 3 hours last night and about a half hour today in the non-reclining chair in her room.
We won't know the new care-plan until tomorrow evening.
G'nite girls.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Jun 10 2013 6:44:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2013 :  9:13:44 PM  Show Profile
Judy, HUGS. There's just no words of wisdom I can come up with so I'll weep with you and send you HUGS.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  12:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy...so so so sorry to hear the news about your Mama. That is a hard one to bare. Continued prayers my lovely friends.

Bunny...yeah, I am the crazy dog mama. LOl
I really like the Pet Stroller and he atleasts gets a good amount of fresh air that way....and I don't have to miss my daily walking anymore.
Hope you get through those tests with flying colors.

RFM Tammy...oh, such a cute picture of Lacey. She does look all done in!!!

As I told Bunny...I really like the Pet Stroller. And he likes going with me for the walk. What he hates...is if I stop it to take a picture of something. Then he gets a little nervous.
I am really glad that I bought it. I knew that the made such a contraption because I've seen several other people using them for their dogs with bad legs and hips. So, I went on line and looked until I found one that I liked in my price range.

Kimberly...you are so right...there are no good words at a time like this. We are going through the same thing with two of DH's Siblings right now...and it's hard. My husband keeps saying to me..."Honey, please don't get cancer."
The "C" Word is the toughest word to hear from a Dr.

Tonight I had my children over for dinner...so, we could play with the baby. LOL Always a method to my madness.
I made BBQ Ribs, corn on the cob, broccoli and Strawberry Shortcake. I sat down and took my first bite of ribs and they were so tender and good...and then all of a sudden I felt a hard object in my mouth...and when I pulled it out it was one of my front teeth from my denture. Talk about MAD! As you probably remember...I swallowed one before when it fell out. At least this time I have the tooth to take back in...but now that it has been a year since I got the dentures...I will have to pay to have it fixed. I am still paying my son off for the dentures in the first place. My luck...if I didn't have bad luck I won't have any luck at all.

So...my fun night didn't go as well as planned but I did get lots of baby time.

Good Night Girls,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

"Believe in yourself and let the glitter fly! Create what you dream of. Listen to your heart. Have Fun and Just Do It! P.Smith Mail Art Hostess
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  04:58:19 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Patsy praying and big hugs

CMF
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  08:22:07 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy, just a quick jump on and off the porch to tell you I'm still praying for you ladies and your Momma! Not good news, but isn't she just the trooper! I'll keep you all in my heart.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  08:50:07 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy, praying for you and Momma. I hope the doctors can do something for her.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  4:31:02 PM  Show Profile
PRAISING GOD....HEART FULL TO BURSTING...CAN HARDLY BREATHE FOR THE LOVE IN MY HEART FOR OUR WONDERFUL HEAVENLY FATHER!!!
I am so unworthy of that love....but HE is Faithful!!!
The doctor called this evening and said that he read the x-rays from last night and Mama DOESN'T have bone cancer!!!!!
Praise God!!!! There are some abnormal cells there, not threatening, but he will keep an eye on them. Something called
"Smoldering Melanoma." Also small bloodclot in her leg that he will monitor. It's too small to mess with.
He said that the chemo is over, she had all 3 of them yesterday, but that she will be getting a drug called Elitek(rasburicase)that cleans all of the tumor particles out of her system. These are the particles that he was worried about causing damage to her system, possibly causing heart trouble. That's why he wanted to keep her in the hospital and keep an eye on her for 3 days.
Are you just bursting yet? I am! If you aren't let me add this.
On our way home my cup over-floweth and I asked my husband,"can I cry now?" I couldn't last night, remember? He said, "Yes, you can cry now." My heart and soul were so full that I just sniffed and blubbered and blew my nose and sniffed and blubbered some more. He reached over and squeezed my hand. He knew that I was happy. Then I looked up at the sky and I saw a cloud footprint. I gasped and heard, "It was then that I carried you!" Then I saw the 2nd footprint. I almost burst! I have been so burdened for my sweet Mama that I couldn't even Pray like I should have, only Praying all day on my feet, when I awakened in the night, that sort of Praying. He blessed my small, quick efforts anyhow. He answered all of YOUR Prayers for her. I hope He Blesses each and everyone of you richly for it.
Hubby dropped me off at our door and went up to Mama's to feed her cat and I couldn't wait to get inside and call Patsy and Praise God with her. She can tell you how full I was...babbling, blubbering and Praising. LOL
Now...in 3 weeks she will go into the office for a single session of chemo and they will also add another new type of chemo to that.
He feels very positive about these treatments!
On a different note...I walked into her room today and she positively glowed AND she had lipstick and blush on and looked absolutely beautiful(and YES I am biased LOL) Some friends from her old church were there and they were laughing and talking. She's eating well too. Can I hear a hardy and Hearty AMEN Sistas!!!
C'MON....Let's give it up for Jesus and His Father!!!!
What a Wonderful Family to belong too!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  4:39:03 PM  Show Profile
Judy, what amazing news! Glad our prayers were heard and answered.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  4:41:52 PM  Show Profile
Crying as I read your post Judy, God is so good all the time. Much love and Thank you Jesus!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  5:59:19 PM  Show Profile
Praise God! Praise God!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  7:57:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh, yes! Tears of happiness for your Momma, you and Patsy and families! Such wonderful gifts he gives us.

Farmgirl sister #3926

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2013 :  10:07:33 PM  Show Profile
Judy & Patsy "He is so good. He is so good. He IS SO GOOD. He's so good to me." I'm over here singing praises with you. What an amazing God we serve. He sits on His throne no matter what gets thrown our way. But when He gives miracles like that..... well you just have to praise, don't ya!

Went to a Divorce Care class tonight. I still have trouble wrapping my mind around it. How is it possible? But here I am and the Lord continues to shower His love and blessing on me.

Remember my Asuna house? Remember the doors getting slammed? Well now it's available again. I don't know if the Lord is opening the door or what? Please pray that I might follow His leading and be in HIS will. I KNOW He will work everything out, I just want to make sure I follow Him in every step. I don't want to screw up somehow and do something on my own steam.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  12:18:33 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy...Praise His Holy Name!! Amen? Amen! He is so Faithful to his children!!! And the tears were just flowing
as I read of your Rejoicing and Praise Judy. Who can top that Praise! Nobody! God is so good ALL THE TIME!

You have just walked through The Valley of The Shadow of Death...my friends. Whose Shadow was there with you? Jesus' made the Shadow...
and how do I know that? Because there has to be Light to cast a Shadow.

OK...I am just going to close with that thought and my rejoicing heart!

Thank YOU Beloved Father for hearing our prayers and answering them with a Miracle! We shouldn't be surprised...as that is YOUR business.
When things look impossible...YOU do your best work. Amen Beloved Father...Amen!

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 12 2013 12:21:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  03:47:30 AM  Show Profile
Judy and Patsy....Praise Him in the storm....He is so good! I am soooooo happy for4 the good and wonderful news about your Momma! Judy there is a picture I have seen a few times with a little girl her hands folded in prayer asking Jesus to read the prayer in her heart because she didn't know how to say it...I think that is exactly what He does for us many times. Praise God for Great News!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2013 :  08:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
AMEN JUDY! Praising God for answered prayers. Tears sprang to my eyes as I read what Judy wrote. She was indeed bubbling over when she called me. "It's bubbling, it's bubbling, it's bubbling in my soul.." the tears of happiness keep coming..what a relief!
cj: exactly what I thought. when we don't know what to say, He reads it for us!

AMEN! Peggy

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)

Edited by - craftbug on Jun 12 2013 08:03:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page