Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

738 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
738 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:07:53 PM  Show Profile
A big Hello to all.
I have been a Farmgirl for almost four years and just found the "porch".
Have I been sleeping or what?

Blessings to all of my farmgirl sisters ¢¾
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  2:32:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi there Alicia and Debora!! Welcome to the porch.....pull up a chair and relax! You will love the gals here. Tell us about yourselves.

Tammy...so glad you get to spend time with your grandson..

Well Miss Peggy, you had a most wonderful day....grandbaby and all! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  4:30:03 PM  Show Profile
Peggy, your pictures are so colorful and sweet. Love everything!

The interview was interesting. Skype crashed in the middle of everything. We went to a teleconference mode. But at least they got to see what I look like. It was a team interview with 5 people there. I have never done that before. The person that has the job now said the interview went well.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  12:22:33 AM  Show Profile

I know, I know, I know...I am a Flower Nut! Maybe I was a Garden Faerie in my other life. LOL You Know I'm just joken!
That is Mr. Snickers looken for Squirrels up in the trees above the Porch. They drive him crazy!

Actually I was going to bore you with two or three new pictures of my grandson...but I forgot to download them off the cell phone camera
tonight. Lucky You!

WELCOME DEBBIE CARR (I can't believe it took you so long to find us. lol) and ALICIA!!!!! Glad to have you both!!! Pull up a Rocker
and sit a spell and chat with us.

Teacher Tammy...that sounds like a very un-fun Job...cleaning out the school basement. The new Bible Study Group Sounds great
though. Let us know what you and God decide on that. My Group is now into crafting and blabbing up a storm for the Summer
Months. We love it. Not everybody comes...about 8 of us...but sometime during the summer everyone drops in a couple times just
to catch up on everyone Else's lives.

Bunny...oh, that sounds so stressful...a Skype Interview with 5 people. "Pressure with a capital P". Did they tell you when they
would decide...or if there would be other interviews etc??? I know you will get it IF that is what God has in store for you.
Keep us posted.
Heard you had nice HOT weather today in The Dalles. We didn't do too badly ourselves. It was just beautiful and still 71 at midnight.

Cherime...ok is this picture of your first husband or the Love of Your Life Husband? I think it is nice that you didn't have a problem
with his music. Thanks for your help on the book, by the way. ~ Your relationship with your ex-husbands wife reminds me of my sister.
She got a long famously with her husbands ex. They were very good friends for 40 years. It is funny how that works out sometimes.
My Musician husband and I have a very good relationship and I like his 3rd wife too. But they live in Chicago and I probably only see
them every two or three years when they come out here to see the kids and grand-kids. I think his 3 children or wonderful and he adores all three of mine too. It is crazy how God orchestrates life at times.

Well...both DH and I have Dr.'s apptmnts tomorrow morning...so, I better get to bed and get some sleep.

Sleep tight my lovelies...
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 05 2013 12:27:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  05:37:39 AM  Show Profile
Peg that is a pix of the my Love. I didn't have a problem with his music because since he was so badly injured in the car accident, music kept him sane. He needed his music.
Yes, it is odd how God orchestrates things. I kept my sister in law when my ex and I split. When I worked as a paralegal in my bosses private practice, lots of divorce stuff, I always tried to tell them to go easy on each other as they were going to be seeing each other all their lives as they had kids in common and there would be weddings, ect. Some listened and some insisted on playing the nasty game. If one lets go and lets God put it all together our lives are richer.
You are welcome on the other front. Hope all goes well today.
To you other ladies who have decided to pop in and join the crew. Happy to meet you all.
God Bless

CMF
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  07:13:09 AM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Cherime, Mel and Peggy!

Peggy- That Peony is BEAUTIFUL! And I love how your family is SO big and God has allowed everyone to feel welcome and included!! :)

Bunny- Wow! That must have been a stressful interview. I hope it went well!! :D

I don't know exactly where to post this, so I am going to put it a few places!

My family and I are planning a mini trip to visit SW Missouri over July 4th and the weekend following. I lived in the area many years ago and want to show my family. We also will be visiting Rocky Ridge! I just read Laura I. Wilder's Little House series aloud to my family. We are reading On The Way Home now.

Anyway, we will be that way for July 4th. I haven't sat down and made definite plans, yet. I am looking for a small town Independence celebration that my family and I can visit for the evening. We like the small town feeling best! Anyone have a suggestion? :)

Many Blessings- Alicia
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  11:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Ok Peggy, I am here, so you do not need to send the posse on me. By the way posse is the correct spelling (I looked it up because I wasn't sure either). Peggy I loved the pictures of your grandbabies. Elijah is so cute. I can't wait until my daughter decides to make me a grandmother, if she ever does. For now I just adore everyone else's.

Bunny, had you in my prayers. Hope all went well and you find out soon about the outcome of the interview. I think the waiting after the interview is the most stressful. I am glad that at this moment I do not have to worry about work. I know my day will come and it is just right around the corner as I will be graduating from college soon.

Welcome Debi and Alicia. Just one little work of advice. Don't be gone too long or Peggy will send the posse after you and I am sure you don't want that. LOL This is a fun place to sit and rest awhile and let life pass you bye while visiting with your neighbors.

Tammy, sorry to here about your cleaning job. It is the summer and you should be enjoying it. Hope it will only be a very short job and then you can get back to the fun stuff.

Cherime, that is a very neat cover. The book sounds like one that I would greatly enjoy. Hope to see it out soon.

The house is done. I have finished the last room on June 1st and fought the battle against the flees and today we won the battle. I tried to do the non-chemical way but today my husband and I decided the only way to win was with chemicals. My poor pets have endured so much this past month. I am sure they will be glad that it is finally all over with. So for the rest of the summer it is fun time for me. I have my craft room done and have been doing some sewing, crocheting and decorating the house. I am still looking for suggestions for my porch. It is small with a large table, two chairs and the cats post. I put a picture in there the other day, Christmas lights around the ceiling but other than that I am now looking at pictures until I can find something that sparks my attention. Any suggestions?

Well hubby just came home so I better go see what he is up too. Will stop by later and in the mean time you all have a lovely evening.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

738 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
738 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  1:26:58 PM  Show Profile
Good Afternoon Ladies,
We just found out last night that Grandson #5 will be arriving in December. We have Three Granddaughters and four grandsons already! We may have another on the way, but aren't certain yet. We knew we would have a lot since we have 8 children between the both of us. But goodness we didn't think they would all come I the last five years. lol. They are a blessing and we enjoy them all :)
Peggy your grandbaby is so sweet. I love your flowers also.
Just wanted to stop by and share our good news.
Have a blessed evening All.
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2013 :  8:35:27 PM  Show Profile
...*gallopinggallopinggalloping*....whoaaa Nillie!~whew~ the posse was hard on my heels...but I left them in the dust! *giggle*
Hello Gals! We're still waiting for June 12th for Mama's appointment so she can get her test results. I may call the Doc earlier just to see if they are in sooner. Mama is soooo cranky and I understand that since all she can do is sit,lay,take pills,fall asleep writing letters.Waiting is the worst.
Peggy, I just loved the pic of girls in their pretty dresses.That little one should have had her hands on her hips,cause it looks like she's saying,"Don't make me put my hands on my hips." lol
That little guy is such a sleepy-head. I wanna see those peepers.I know...he's suppose to sleep.*giggle*
Miranda,that's so funny that you didn't even know that your family,however distant,lived right down the road. Sounds like something that would happen to me.
Cherime, so glad that your friend got away from that alcohol beast. How wonderful!
I love that snowy pass view,Nice road trip choice.
40 degrees and you had all the windows open. My great grandma use to do that. I do it here too in winter when it warms up a little. The air smells so fresh and the germs all blow out...I hope.LOL
Your DH looked so happy in that pic. He had a nice smile.
Christen,I am so devoted to my wild birds around here. As a child,I use to sit outside very still and just listen to the birdsong and learn them and call them back to the birds. My DH and I still do that.We feed the birds year round and really enjoy them. There's a thread on here under"Across the Fence" on birdwatchers that I really enjoy. Check it out.
Welcome to all the new Gals. *waves to you* Glad you found us.
Good luck to all the job hunters.
Mel, so sad that you haven't seen the grandkids in so long. But happy to hear that you have one coming for a visit.
Hi Darlene! Did it cool down for you? We are having 70's all this week. I'm lovin' that!
It's suppose to rain for the next couple of days. We'll see.
Hubby and I have been outside a lot on his days off this week. I slather on the sunscreen and go out on the patio for coffee and the newspaper and bird-watching in the morning.That's how we start out our day. If is rains we sit out on our covered front porch,just me,hubs and the kitty on his leash. hahaha We are "An American Family!" hahaha
Well, it's bedtime for this chicky.
Night-crawlers!*giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  11:09:35 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
hi there, been enjoying the pics and newsy bits. after a hot day yesterday, enjoying the cloudiness we're having today. not supposed to get to much above 75. it can stay like that all summer, i would LOVE it!

planted tons of flower seeds in the garden. my mama says "you can't eat flowers!"..but i need them! hope they are viable. also did corn and beets. even put in 5 tomato plants.

we just had a bunch of trees taken down recently and the last truckload of wood left yesterday. our place looks open and rather empty, but parklike. the power company took lots of limbs down and we traded our Jeep for 4 other trees that were to close to the house and were taken down by one of the company workers and his crew. so between mowing and other stuff, been outside a lot here too.

toodles for now, hugs n prayers n squeezles!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  12:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Well, the moment I've been dreading has finally snuck in, and I can feel it's cold, seething in around my heart. I need(we need)all the support and Prayers we can get now. Mama's Doctor called awhile ago and said that the large mass is a cancerous lymphoma. An aggressive one, grows fast, as we have witnessed. But also it responds very well to chemo. It melts quickly he said. So starting tomorrow she will be going to his office for treatments, every day, except weekends I guess. She wants to know why can't they admit her to the hospital for this aggressive treatment. Do any of you know? When they call with her treatment schedule I'm going to ask them. After all, she's going to get carsick and wore out from this constant travel. They said she would be terribly tired. And they have to watch for renal failure at her age too. Well then?.... She has good insurance and even cancer insurance, believe it or not.
I'm just numb. I'm having a hard time grasping all of this.
I'll be back later.
I want my Sissy!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  1:29:23 PM  Show Profile
Judy, praying

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  3:15:46 PM  Show Profile
Judy hugs and prayers for your Momma and you!

Tell you what I leave my computer for a few days and all of a sudden you are all chatty cattys. :) Went camping, AGAIN. This time to Leavensworth, WA. I'd move there in a heartbeat if I could. Gorged on authentic, awesome, oh so delicious, give me more, German food. If you ever get the chance to go there you HAVE to eat at Andreas Kellers. HAVE TO. My parents are on their way back to Canada so I'm feeling a little lonely. My Daddy is a pillar to me. Got home and unpacked the camper and truck. Started the sprinklers in the pasture. Now I'm checking my Porch to make sure all my sisters are well.

Congrats Bunny on the interview. Hope it brings positive results.

Peggy, all your pictures are wonderful.

Welcome to the new to us ladies! I love this porch. Haven't met a single lady on here in the flesh but they are my friends, sisters and support. They'll be the same for you too.

Do you remember my Asuna house? I think the Lord shut the door on it. I was ready to make an offer, figured that was the next step to see where God was leading. My realtor and I played telephone tag all day. Never could reach each other. Later she told me her computer crashed, her phone ran out of juice and she couldn't find a charger to fix it. And in that time two people made offers on it!!! Do you ever hear multiple doors slam????? But I'm at peace about it. Weird I know because normally I'm an anxious person. But I figure I'll just keep searching, keep trusting, keep asking and He'll open the right doors until I follow Him the right way. Please keep praying. I'm putting feelers out every which way but loose in an effort to figure out which way God wants me going. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1494 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1494 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  3:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Judy- I am so sorry. I don't have experience with cancer, but I will be praying! xoxo

I sewed the cutest apron for myself today!! I NEVER sew for me. I sew children's clothing. I was so excited!! Being that I am busty and a bit wide, the apron is too narrow. So sad... :( The "girls" hang out of each side. ugh...

Many Blessings- Alicia
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page

beekeepersgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1423 Posts

Luanne
Cresco PA
USA
1423 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  4:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Hi ladies !
Well, I've been missing for several months - life seems to get in the way of my farmgirl time these days, but I had to pop in and say hello. There's no way I can go back and catch up on everything I've missed, so I'll just try to stop by a little more often! It's good to see everyone on the porch again - oh, and I left some maple tea and scones on the porch if anyone is hungry!

Hugs,
Luanne

beekeepersgirl #691

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi Luanne,
I just joined this year, so I am # 4720. There are always new things popping up so don't worry about what you may have missed.
Terri
Hemet CA
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  9:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy, so sorry about momma. I know you have put her address here somewhere but could you do it again. I would like to be able to send a card now and then.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2013 :  10:39:45 PM  Show Profile
Judy....am so sorry to hear about your sweet Momma! I will keep her in my prayers! And you and Patsy!
Bunny had a great idea....an address so we can send a card.

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  12:07:22 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Judy and Patsy...I am so very sorry about your Mama. I know you must be numb at heart and asking God Why???
Praying for all of you. I think it will all be harder on you girls than it will be on your Mama. Just Know that YOU ALL...
have our love, prayers and support. I'm praying that God nestles you and Patsy beneath his mighty wings.

The one thing besides God that will get you all through this is that you ALL have a Wonderful Sense of Humor. Let it be
a tool for helping Mama get through this. Laugh often and laugh hard...even when life doesn't seem funny. Laughter is Indeed
Very Good Medicine.

I am very tired tonight Ladies...so, I will plan to hop back on tomorrow to chat longer.

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  09:45:53 AM  Show Profile
Aww, Judy and Patsy. Just read about your dear Momma. I'll be saying prayers for all of you. I guess I kind of agree with Peggy about this new journey being tougher for you two than your mom. (Although, of course, it will be a trial for her too). I'll be thinking of you all.

We've been traveling for a couple of weeks, so time on the computer has been sporadic at best. We are home for a bit now. Just picked up the mail and there was June Tea from Patsy! Thank you so much. Loved the recipe too. I think I will try that for a couple of baby showers coming up. Sounds yummy!! I don't want to say too much until other ladies have received their tea treat. Also, loved the message on your note paper "God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." 1 John 1:5

Peggy, I just love the pics of your grandkids! New baby boy is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!! And, those pretty little girls are growing up fast!

Debi, I only have 1 grandson out of the 6 grandkids. But, I will have 4 great grandbabies before Christmas! Wow! I need to start on those blankets!

Miss all of you ladies, and hope to visit you here more often! Hugs!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  09:50:07 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Judy I am so sorry to hear about your mother. It must be really hard. I never had a mother so I have no idea what you are going through but I can only image the agony you feel. I will keep both of you in my prayers for strength and courage as you endure this trauma.
Becky

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  11:08:44 AM  Show Profile
Oh Judy and Patsy, I am keeping yall in prayers. So sorry to hear this. We are here to love you and care for you.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  1:28:10 PM  Show Profile
Hi Gals! Thank you for your Support and Prayers. I knew I could count on all of my Sweet Sistas!
Well, today really drained me emotionally, and poor Mama physically.
They did a bone marrow extraction on my poor 'Lil Mama!
That needle was meant for a horse...not a human. I'm sure poor Darlene knows just what I mean.
They numbed her back and her hip-bone surface(so they said)but she almost bit thru her finger when
they had to get all those samples. I stood beside her and saw all the blood they kept sopping up. ~ugh~
I had a tight squeeze on her arm...it's all I could do...and Prayed..."Help her Lord, Help her Lord".....
I felt seriously helpless! She squealed a couple of times and I wanted to cry...BUT she laughed and joked
with the Dr, we both did, thru-out the procedure for the most part. He said Mama was one tough lady!
....then we went out to eat! hahahaha I know, right? And we even stopped for ice cream at our favorite place.
What?? We had to eat out...always do! LOL
We did talk them into putting her in the hospital for the 4 days of procedures. He said that he actually thought
that was best, given her age and possible complications. Ya think? ~whew~ Glad I was there to think that one out
for him! hahaha So, bright and early Monday morning at 8 AM, we will be there with shiny-scrubbed faces. *yawn*
I need a nap!
Oh ya...Mama's address:
Evelena C. Jones
501 S. Chapel St
Louisville, Oh 44641-1616

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  8:13:46 PM  Show Profile
Okay, no need to send out the possy for me lol. I've been working a lot of hours. I've been authorized pretty much unlimited overtime if I want it. Unfortunately my feet hurt so bad after 8 hours I can't imagine staying longer. I did go in for 5 hours on my day off to help unload a truck of flowers so that will be a little extra. All the working with plants is drying my hands out horribly. I've got scratches and cuts all over my hands and arms. Need to apply more moisturizer to my hands several times a shift apparently. I've also been getting crazy hours all over the place from 9am to 6pm (one hour lunch) to 12noon - 9pm. I've been getting alternate days off on the weekend but for the next 2 weeks I'm scheduled for both days :O( Makes it difficult to do anything. Tomorrow I work 9am - 6pm and then Sunday 12pm - 9pm. So much for helping the man build the shed.

Had my interview at the state hospital and thought I did really well. Got a letter 2 days ago that I didn't get it. Also got a letter from the credit union I applied for a teller position at saying I didn't get that either. Saw one of the guys I worked with the other day at work and he treated me like I was a leper. It upset me because we'd gotten along pretty well and he'd been fired from his last job so he should understand what I'm going through and yet he treated me like he couldn't get away from me fast enough. Just makes me worry even more that I may not be able to find another decent job in this town.

Bunny - how did your interview go?

Judy - so sorry about your mother. Keep us updated! Be sure to take care of yourself!

Kimberly - I envy your trip and all that yummy German food. Did they have knepfla soup? The VETS Club here in town makes kraut, sausage, and knepfla with mashed potatoes - delish! I know there's several spellings for knepfla. Good luck with the position! If she has that much work she could hire both of us to work from home LOL.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2013 :  9:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hi all my lovelies!

Judy, you brought me to tears about your mama! You're lucky the Doc agreed to admit her. All chemo is done on an outpatient
basis here in Pa. You both have been in my prayers and will continue to be. It won't be easy but the worst should be the
extreme exhaustion. If she gets the Neulasta shot to bring her blood count back up that is the pits too! ASK questions. GET
answers. Don't be intimidated. A friend just went through Lymphoma chemo and is doing well now. Remember, God is faithful and
is always right. He is the ultimate Healer and Comforter and will give you both Peace.

Patsy, I don't know about your mother but praying for you too.

Peggy, Beautiful Grands, dog, flowers and starbucks cup!LOL! I must have missed the first tea swap post. I'll do September if it's still available. Shoot me the addresses.

Bunny, Hope you get that job. Have you seen your boys since you've been at your mom's? You've come a long way in school and
should be proud of yourself.

Tammy, That coworker isn't worth stresing over. What goes around comes around. A better job will come along than the others
you applied for.

Luanne, My neighbor how are you? One of these days we have to get together. Did you ever go back to the used book store? He
moved to another mall.

Please keep these people in your prayers:
Bruce, pancreatic cancer, Ginger, breast cancer, Gerald, colon and bone cancer, Valerie, ovarian cancer and Connie, breast cancer.

Peace and Joy!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page