Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  9:55:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey Peg, that little guy really has a head of hair doesn't he? I sure hope his Mama doesn't blame him for heartburn like me Mama does(still)! hahaha She tells everybody that I gave her heartburn and that she still suffers from it. Can ya believe that?
He looks like a baby doll.
Well, Mama has her petscan(weird name)Thursday morning at 11AM. I know that you'll all be Praying for us and Thank You in advance!
I'll be alone in the waiting room since DH will be at work and Patsy is back down in NC.
Well, I'm tired Gals. Heading to bed.

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 28 2013 :  10:35:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh.Peggy Ann He's Adorable! Is it bad to tell you I have tears in my eyes? He's so cute. I'm so happy for you! He waited because he wanted a special day to to be born I guess! Grandbabies are such a precious blessing! I have two right now and it will be awhile before more come along but,I love mine so very much <3
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  12:33:35 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...Thanks For All The Congrats. I went up to the Hospital today with DH to see the baby again.
We visited for awhile while mama nursed baby and then she and daddy dressed him in a onsie and wrapped him up
so Grandmama could hold him and rock him. I was on Cloud Nine! My son was hungry...so, I suggested that he and
his dad go down to get something to eat and visit. Then I told Sadie that while I rocked my grandson...she could
go to sleep as she has hardly slept. She took me up on it. So, the guys stayed gone for and hour and a half, Mama
slept, and Elijah and Grandmama did a lot of cuddling and rocking. I sang to him (Jesus Loves YOU) and told him
how good his parents were going to be to have, and how he was going to get spoiled until he smelled stinken rotten.

So...that was my day. When I came home...I had me a nice long nap. It was glorious and I was still on cloud nine.

More tomorrow...Love you All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  05:31:58 AM  Show Profile
Morning ladies. Putting another app in today. Oddly enough i'd be selling cars. But, I like the way the company is run and the way the owner thinks. Plus, it's much much closer to home.

My mother told me yesterday that my Dad's cousin lives 4 houses down from us. Granted it's still a wee drive down the hill, but we've lived here nearly a year and didn't know I had family living so close!

Peggy, your grandson's just precious!! How exciting!! I hope youget to spend lots of time !

Well, y'all, i better go get ready for work. Hope everyone has a great day!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Thrall, TX

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  07:29:15 AM  Show Profile
Peggy beautiful little guy!
Praying for the job situation for all.
Praise report BTW My little friend last winter who was in so much trouble with alcohol and a misdiagnosis as to mental problems, got free of the stuff through the VA as she was a veteran. She is in the Lower 48, and working to become a nurse. After the misdiagnosis on her own she got off the medication and found that she did not need anything once the alcohol was gone. Talked to her for almost an hour yesterday. She sounds happy and is in the Word daily getting back to where she needs to be. God is good all the time.
I too a mini road trip on Monday and here is the view from Hatcher Pass. The valley is the Matanuska Susitina Valley

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 29 2013 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile
Cherime...Now that Would Make a Beautiful Jacket Cover for one of your Books.

Gorgeous Photo!!!

Hugs,
Peg

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  08:14:23 AM  Show Profile
Hey! big Congrats to your kids and you, Peggy! Wow, itz amazes me how instantly I fell in love with Alethia, my first grandbaby.
Since her dad just finished his masters program they are talking about moving to Washington. A dream of there's for a couple of years now. Hoping they will stay for at least a year more, as this is where grandparents and most family, and
Where all their friends are. . .
I bookmarked this location, so should be around a little more now.
When awakening this morning, early, there was not a sound. I laid in the silence for 20 minutes, cupping the light out of my eyes, and the looked to see if it had grown lighter. That was when I realized how quiet it had been, and as if reading my mind, the first sound of my day became the long drawn out sentence of the mockingbird. Hello.....hello, hello. Over here. Over here, over here! The bird population here is VERY heavy, yet so far I have not yet had time to devote to them. The mountain hanging feeders brought during the move last year they fought over until they ended up on the ground. But they have been going in the pool for water on very hot days, so I finally got some ground saucers and pebbles, and today will create a place to add good clean water for them. I love all of them, their speech and song. Learned a long time ago, it may feel foolish at first when someone discovers me talking and singing back to them, but most people are quickly drawn into the experience of the interaction, and charmed by our fine feathered companions swiftly.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  09:41:42 AM  Show Profile
It was 40 degrees at 5 this am. I have all the windows open opened the door and let the sun in. As soon as the sun came up took my coffee to sit on the tail gate. Thanked God for all his blessings. Then the wood pile directly in my line of sight called my name. Turned music on my Iphone grabbed the splitting maul and worked for an hour splitting wood. Worked up a good warm.
Good day so far.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  10:03:31 AM  Show Profile
Good morning yall
Just thought I would stop in for a moment. Just got my morning work done and getting ready for lunch. Then hoping to get some strawberries to plant this afternoon and pick up my Grandmother's rocking chair that I had redone. It is going to be in my little corner of the house.

It is a beautiful day. First that we haven't had rain. While the rain is nice, we have had a week of nasty weather and people are ready for sun. Farmers are still trying to get crops in and we had some tornados this week as well. Seeing the sun is a blessing today.

I hope everyone is having a happy day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Cherime,
What a beautiful picture. It cools me on a hot day like today.

Christen,
The mockingbird is my favorite too. I have seen a pair of Orioles, a scrub Jay keeps hanging around and of course the hummingbirds.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

mommahartley
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Laurie
Perdido Key Florida and Lewisburg Tennessee
USA
24 Posts

Posted - May 31 2013 :  10:55:05 PM  Show Profile
Cherime,
That is a beautiful sight, so peaceful! I will post a picture of just the opposite once I figure out how.. I live 2 miles from the beach at the other white end of North America, the white sands of the Florida panhandle.

Blessings to the new parents and grandparents, we have 2 more on the way in October in Oregon and Texas. This will be # 10 and 11 from just our upper 3 kids the younger 3 haven't begun yet. Whew!

I love this porch sitting forum and wish I could rock away the hours here with all of you and a glass of good ol' Southern Sweet Iced Tea. I do miss my farm porch on days like these but I know we will be back there soon enough.

Blessings,
Laurie
Momma Hartley

This is my commandment, Love one another , as I have loved you
greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:12-13

La Dolce Vita (Italian) "The Sweet Life"
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  6:02:59 PM  Show Profile
Phew! Worked most of the day at my ex's place. His widow was having problems with stuff in the shop and did not know what to do with it all. We took off a lot of stuff for her and sort of parceled it out and the young friend who help move all of it took several things off our hands thank goodness. One thing he got was an anvil and all the hammers to go with it. At least he will use it. Wore me out in any case.
I did get another book published to Smashwords.com and wonders of wonders it was immediately purchased. Well my Stars! It is a contemporary romance about to divorced people getting together and trying to blend the families. I have a lot of experience in that field.
Well back to work on the Christian romance I am in the process of finishing. Might have it done by the end of next week if nothing untoward happens.
Blessings all have a great Sunday.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2013 :  9:20:02 PM  Show Profile

Here is My Little Papoose Elijah all snug as a bug! And then couldn't remember if I shared the newest picture of my girls on
Mother's Day or not. Those are the loves of my LIFE Right there ladies.

Today was the first day that I didn't have any baby time with Mr. Elijah. His other Grandma came in and spent the day with him
and mommy and daddy. Then she watched him for a couple hours while the kids went out to dinner with friends. Patti lives about
45 minutes away from Vancouver...so she doesn't get as much Grandma time as I do. So, I was really happy she had the whole day
with him today.

Well, we got our Summer weather back today. I mean...I am in Sandals and Capri's and short sleeves. It was a beautiful day!
Didn't do anything exciting except sit on my own home Porch with a diet rootbeer, my dog, and a really good book. Doesn't get
much better than that to me. But I am easily made content.

Tammy...did you get your Strawberries in? Glad you are having some lovely weather too. Don't work too hard...it is VACATION!!! lol

WELCOME lAURIE...glad to have you join us on the Virtual Porch. It is a fun place to hang out and gab with friends. So, tell us a
little about yourself.

Terri...I have never seen or heard a Mockingbird before. But I love our Stellar Blue Jays here and our little Finch. There was a
little Finch fussing nervously today when I was out on the Porch and then I heard the babies and knew why. They are so sweet.

Cherime...man you can crank those books out fast girl. Way to go! ~ Sounds like your day was a LOT of HARD WORK. You should
be worn out. You need to go curl up with a class of wine and a good book and relax. LOL

OK...girlies...I'm off to go read myself.

Night All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 02 2013 12:29:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  08:42:13 AM  Show Profile
AWWWWWWW Peggy.....your grandbabies are all gorgeous and adorable!!!

Bunny.....Wow, sounds like the fabric sale was a resounding success!!

Cherime....another book, you are quite prolific....how wonderful. I'll trade your 40 degrees for my 90 today!

Christen....congrats on your newest grandbaby....they grow really quickly...hope you get more time!!

I had kids early and they had kids early so my grandkids are 23, 22, 19.....but I haven't seen them since they were 3, 2, and 8. I am happy to say the youngest is coming to visit later this summer and I am so excited.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!

Edited by - Kirksmom71 on Jun 02 2013 11:12:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  09:21:13 AM  Show Profile
Mel, I think you have blended the Over 50 ladies and our virtual porch forums together. I'm on both too. I don't think Gypsy and Nancy are on this one.

Peggy, what a wonderful bunch of grandbabies you have. The girls looks so cute in their dresses. I'm sure it won't be long before Elijah is wearing everyone out running around. It happens so fast! Nice the other grandma got to have baby time too.
Our weather was wonderful here yesterday too.

My fabric sale went great. I'm thinking about doing it again next weekend. I don't know what the time line for this new job I'm interviewing for is. I hope I at least have time to do my sale and pack up my things.

Enjoy the nice Sunday weather everyone. I have homework to finish!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:13:37 AM  Show Profile
Thanx for the wise catch, Bunny!!!!!!!!!!! :) LOL

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Oh Peggy,
Those kids are adorable. Of course you already knew that.

Cherime,
You are so kind to help out your ex's widow. I don't know anyone else who would do that.
Your new books sound good. What is the title of the one that is published already about the two divorced people?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  11:59:11 AM  Show Profile
Terri, Then They Were Six.
His widow is a nice lady. They got along. She is from Australia and does not have anyone here but me and the kids.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  7:54:42 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Just ate my long reply again! Just makes me crazy!

Beautiful babies Peggy. Nothing better than those hugs and kisses. That's our reward for being mom's! Even if it takes 30 years!

Bunny, where do you sell your fabric? Do you still work for the quilt shop? You need to have another shop because you are so talented. How are you and Mom doing?

It's been about 2 years since I was here so I missed alot! I don't see many of the people that used to be here and on other forums.

Cherime, I don't know many people that would help their ex's wives. I guess that is truly following the command to Love one another! She's lucky to have you!

It's been so hot here and threatening to rain. Supposed to cool down a little. I just can't take the heat anymore!

Later my Lovelies!

Be Blessed,
Darlene
Sister 1922

God first, everything else after!

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2013 :  8:01:45 PM  Show Profile
It was no big deal, I told Kerry a long time ago that I would share the kids with her as she has never had any. I did have to laugh when the kids first met her all those years ago. They both asked her if she really wanted to marry their dad as she was way too nice for him. That was truth.
OK ladies finally got the photo shoot for the one I have been waiting to put on Smashwords. Here is a sort of rundown.
Got the photo shoot for one called Wired For Sound done today. A romantic mystery. The story of a 1988 heavy metal band called Bushmaster. Their front man is electrocuted on stage. Every one had a motive. The keyboard player is especially concerned as his wife may well have had an affair with the man and she is not talking. This one came together over 11 years ago. It was great fun to write. The original idea was a collaboration between my son, my husband and myself. My son suggested we do an album cover and so we have. This was great fun until I had to try to manipulate Word to get the thing together. GRRRRRR! But done in any event.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  08:48:47 AM  Show Profile

This is how I started my day yesterday Ladies...and I do believe...it doesn't get any sweeter than that. I call that Heaven in a Cup, A Flower and A Baby! Awe...Sweet Jesus knows how to bless!!!

Cherime...that is a very cool cover. I take it that was the Album Cover too? That book sounds like one I would like. I use to be
married to a Musician...many moons ago. I learned the hard way...that they are not the Faithful Marrying Kind. The Wanton Women were
enough to deal with...but what I really couldn't compete with was being second place to his Love of Music. I've never been the
kind of lady who wanted to be second best in anyone's life. I wish I could download books from Smashwords but they don't download
for me. I emailed them and the told me to try Firefox or some thing other than Internet Explorer...and I use Firefox already.

Darlene...It is so good to have you back on The Porch!!! You are right...many of the gals who use to be on here have sort of
dropped off MJF all together. I was staying in contact with Pam Pedersen (Kitty Kill) for a long time but just in the last 6-8
months we have sort of both got busy and dropped off each other's radar. I need to email her. I guess I get so busy on here and
with my grandchildren that I get locked into doing nothing else. My grands are as you say...the grand pay off for raising our
children. HA HA! Like the saying goes..."If I knew Grand-kids were so much fun...I would have had them first." LOL

Hey, Darlene...you never said if you wanted to do the September Tea Swap Month. If you don't comment this time...I will back off
and take that to mean "NO"! LOL But, you asked about Swaps on Here. (+:

Bunny...glad that your Fabric Sale went well. I thought that was brilliant on your part to think of doing that. We are all on
pins and needles for you about your job opportunity...any news yet?????

Terri and Mel...thanks for the compliments on my grand babies too. I do think they are pretty darn cute...but I have been tol
that I am rather biased. Who Me????

OK...speaking of grand kids...I have to get dressed now and hurry over to help the new mama with baby. Gee, I have a tough day ahead
of me don't you think? Let's see...housework or holding my grandson all morning???....Not even a toss up. I will delightfully go
hold those little chubby cheeks all day long and love every minute of it.

More Later Girls....Oh, by the way Judy, Teacher Tammy, Miranda, RSF Tammy, Patsy and a few other Porchies who have
wandered off the Farm...I'm sending off the Posie. (I think I spell that wrong every time)...anyway, you know what I mean.

Hugs and Beautiful Days,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jun 04 2013 08:50:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  10:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, job interview in one hour. Trying not to stress! Or have a hot flash.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  11:08:01 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, I didn't mind his loving music. I never had to worry about other women. He was mine. I am going to post a picture of him after the finished the new motor for our motor home. This was before he got really sick. The shop he was working in was miserable to do anything in.
I really do not know why you cannot down load stuff from Smashwords. That is really odd.
Bunny praying for you. Hugs girl friend.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:24:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh good gracious, Peggy is threatening the posse..I didn't realize I had been away that long...sheesh! Here I am wings in a fluff over this flying so fast on a summer day.

Peggy those grandbabies are just beautiful. My grandson is coming next week to spend time here. I can't wait. My stepson and I have come a long way and the fact he wants me to love on his son just makes my heart soar.

Darlene it is wonderful to see you back on here. So have missed you.

Judy how is your sweet mama? Miss seeing you on here.

I have been busy working at school this week. We have been cleaning our school basement and that has not been fun. Needed yes..fun yikes no! Tonight I have bible study and have been asked to join another study that runs only in this summer with a different group of ladies. Still considering as it starts very early in the morning and do I feel that I need it..will visit with God about it.

Been crocheting and reading. Currently reading A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff. I have read another one by her that I liked and this one is just as good. So nice to be able to do that.

well I best skedaddle and look over lessons for bible study tonight.
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DandeeRose
True Blue Farmgirl

1505 Posts

Alicia
Charlestown, IN
1505 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2013 :  1:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Send DandeeRose a Yahoo! Message
Hello all!! I am new here and saw that this was a place to hang out and have some fellowship! :)

Many Blessings- Alicia
http://dandeelionrose.blogspot.com/

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page