Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  8:51:23 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Wanted to pop in and let you know I'm doing well. Sore, but doing well. I did an 8 hour orientation at Walm*rts yesterday and then worked the floor today. I started the day by unloading hanging plants from huge racks and having to hang them on poles above my head so my shoulders are screaming. Fortunately they put me on the register for the rest of the day or it would have been a lot worse. Took a nice hot bath and will apply some muscle rub before bed. I was surprised because they've given me full time hours (40 hours per week) and as much as I wanted full time I wasn't expecting it. Now to get moved from temp to permanent would be even better. I applied last week for a position with the State of ND, it just said the job was in ND but not where. I got an email today informing me that my resume qualified me for the position and they would contact me for more information if they needed it for the next phase. It also mentioned that it's with the state hospital here in town. I still have that HUGE black mark with being terminated but hopefully if this hospital job is meant to be they will really investigate my past working experience.

Judy - You're description of my reaction to the winds really made me laugh. I did plenty of research before we moved here last year to know it would be windy and after the winds we had over the winter this really didn't phase me much lol It's life living on the prairie :O) I did live in Norfolk, VA, when I was in the Navy and went through several hurricanes both on land and at sea. I remember when the east coast got hit last year and the news kept going on and on about how they'd gotten winds up to 40 mph and all I could think was "so what, we get winds like that on a regular basis and nobody thinks it's newsworthy". Crazy I know.

Rebecca - Be really careful with that cat scratch. Matt got scratched a couple years ago before we started dating by his cat and ended up with sepsis from it and nearly died. Cat scratches are nothing to play with.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  12:25:43 AM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...

Shanda...Oh Congrats
On the College Grad.!
Proud Mama I can tell and rightly so!!! That is just such an accomplishment and you did it with no debt...that is almost unheard of. Quite a feet there let me tell you! Enjoy your time with your boy home...it doesn't sound like he'll be there long. Feed him good and love on him lots! Praise the Lord for Skype...non of us have to be cut off from our loved ones no matter where they journey off to.

Becky...I hoped you shared with your husband about the "womb bleeding" from the cat scratch. It really was funny. Crazy how when we are tired words don't come out of our mouths right sometimes. BUT Hey, it makes for some amusing reading for the rest of us. LOL

RFM Tammy...wow becareful...sounds like that WalMart Job could be hazardous to your body. You did a lot in one shift...whew girl. Sounds like work to me. I'm use to being LAZY...and found that I quite like it. If I had known Retirement was so much fun...I would have done it earlier in life. LOL

Well, darling Sadie is starting to have backaches and not feeling good. I hope baby Elijah joins the family this weekend.
That would be awesome!!!

Had Birthday Night at Bible Study tonight. Which is just really one big two hour party!!! It was so much fun! And I loved that my new Diet allows you 2 free meals aweek...so you can partake of family & friend gathering nights without feeling guilty that you indulged in a piece of birthday cake. We had 4 girls having birthday's this month. ~ Now Bible Study is out for the Summer and some of us gather each week for a crafting group. Which is just one fun night a week of working on your favorite craft and chatting up a storm. It is so much fun.

Well...off to read tonight. I am reading a Michael
Connolly Murder Mystery for my Book Group. It is good...and is called
Blood Work.

Nightie Night My Sweet Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  01:34:34 AM  Show Profile
Sorry to not stop in the past few days...I'm fighting a uti and determined to win and then my daughter became sick. It is hard when they are sick but,more so when they are so miserable. Please,may I ask for prayers for healing for her?
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile
CJ6...took me a minute to figure out what a uti was. Duh, Peggy!
You both have my prayers. Hope you both have a lovely weekend despite the yucks!
Maybe some special Mother/Daughter time despite how you both feel.

Love, Hugs, and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  12:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Hi CJ,
I have been fighting a UTI for 9 days. I used AZO which is over the counter and will stop symptoms, but when I stopped taking it the symptoms came right back. I had to break down and go to the doc today.
Cranberry juice, grapefruit juice and lots of water help.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

cj6
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

cj

USA
196 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  2:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Terri,I have been fighting this one since last weekend...bleah! I have been doing blueberry juice,lemon and water,cranberry capsules and a whole body detox.
I learned that blueberries are better than cranberries,though both are good. That the juice you drink to fight a uti or kidney infection,must be 100% blueberry or cranberry juice...no sugar no other juices to sweeten and staying away from white flour and white rice because our body turns them into sugar.Lemon and water will detox the kidneys and D-mannose is a good homeopathic for fighting a uti also. I just went and got some D-Mannose yesterday.

Terri,I hope you feel better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 17 2013 :  2:43:34 PM  Show Profile
Bummer Terri and CJ. praying.
Shanda, I recall how proud all of us were of DD when she graduated. Big Snoopy dance
Peg. blessings.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  2:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
CJ,
Thanks for the info. The cephalexin (keflex) is kicking this thing. Finally.
I will check out the D-mannose though for preventative measures.
I am feeling much better. This may have started from bacteria in a cantaloupe if you can believe that.
Thanks for all your concerns,
Terri
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 19 2013 :  11:48:57 PM  Show Profile
Well My Porchies...are you all hiding???? At least I know four of us are here.

Still no baby this weekend. Goodness...this child is just like his parents...always late. LOL
No, not really his due date is Wed. the 22nd. I'm just on pins and needles though waiting for him
to come join the Family in person. It is funny because for 8 months it just seemed to fly by...
then this last month has been tortuously slow. These grandmama arms just can't wait to hold him.
Daddy is getting a bit antsy too...but mom keeps saying...No, I'm not ready yet!

Didn't do much today. Went to a new coffee shop and had some study time with the Lord and visiting with
my hubby. We were both in great moods and had fun bantering back and forth. Sharing scripture and just
teasing each other.

Terri...hope you are feeling better. Cantaloupe huh? Wow, that sounds scary!

Cherime...are you getting warmer weather and more sunshine now??

CJ6...hope you are getting better too. Nothing worse that being down and sick.

I'm praying for everyone on the Eastern Side of the Country with all the tornadoes. Have seen
some devastating news reports already.

Well, girls...I have my first zucchini growing now. Oh, it is early but I am so Happy! Will fit right in with
my new diet. Tomatoes are blossoming. The squirrels keep going into my planters and kicking all the new soil out
onto the ground. The little rascals. They maybe cute but they are a big nuisance if you ask me.

I started a really good Christian Fiction Book today called "The Hidden Son"...it is a riveting read. Written by
Dianna T. Benson. I was able to borrow it for free on my Kindle because I have Prime. It is a Cayman Island Mystery.

Well, that is about all that is new with me over the Weekend.
More chitter-chatter tomorrow girls.

Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  05:08:34 AM  Show Profile
Peggy, babies tend to come at the most awkward times.
As for spring, it has been cancelled up here due to a late late snowstorm. I have never see the like since 1976 and I think that dratted thing may have set a record. Regardless of the reason for it the weather pattern has changed. If it doesn't warm up I am going to have to buy a tank of fuel oil which is not possible at this moment as I used fuel money to pay a couple of back due bills off. Ah well.
Writing is going well. The one I am working on now is about a divorced man and woman trying to put together a new life and new family. Since it is impossible to do anything out side stayed in and wrote. Got 3 chapters done yesterday.
Granddaughter is going in for a brain test tomorrow.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  08:28:53 AM  Show Profile
Ok, posse dragging me in... I have been busy working and doing homework. Last week I didn't feel well. I have been dizzy all week and had a hard time thinking straight. I did a terrible job with on of my classes. I didn't get the job at the Christian school but I'm ok with it. It wasn't enough to do much good anyway. I'm almost afraid to talk about it, but I have a line on a very good job back home in California. A friend of mine's daughter is moving to the corporate office and her position is available. The logistics of it are a little daunting but if God is in charge, all will work out. Please pray for me! Not just to get the job, but only if it is one I can do. My friend says her daughter makes about $60,000.00 a year with bonuses. It is in the area I just left and my older son says he would share a house with me. But I know stuff like this has come my way before and didn't materialize. So I'm not getting my hopes up. (At least trying not to)

The weather has been wonderful. Aside from the dizziness, my fibro hasn't shown up at all. I think it is more weather related. That means moving back to California to the mountains will probably help too.

So that's what I have been up to. Please pray for God's will to be the same as mine. I have learned not to pray for something just because I want it. I have to add all the small print too. Lol

Peggy, I don't blame mommy to be for wanting to wait. The first month is really hard on new parents. The little guy will be here before you know it.

Cherime, I hate to say this....but you do live in Alaska! Sorry you are not getting a break from the snow. It seems every year lately has been different. I think it won't be business as usual with the weather for a long time. At least you can write. You just need a best seller! Good luck with the doctors appointment.

Anyway, schoolwork is waiting. Later everyone!

Oh, and I know next month is my tea month. Hate so say it but I just haven't had much time for making anything fun for tuck-ins. I'm still trying to decide on a tea. So I'm taking a vote. Do you want something fruity, unique and different, a blend of something typical ( like earl grey with lavender) or exotic. Let me know!

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  10:20:46 AM  Show Profile
Bunny I truly do know that I live in AK. I just do not like setting the latest ever snowfall records ;( Bums me out. Bunny on the tea. I am good with most anything except chilli tea. Sorry to hear that you were sick. Praying for the other. Blessings girl.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  5:47:51 PM  Show Profile
Bunny dear you are tea hostess for July. I am hostess for June...so relax dear one you still have time. But if you have already started we can trade months just let me know as I have already started planning my tea.
Praying your job will come through and hope you feel better soon
love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  5:49:39 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Ooooh Bunny,
I would love to have a CA farmgirl sister. Would you be going to northern or southern California?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  6:44:19 PM  Show Profile
Tammy, I'm so silly. You are right, I'm July tea hostess. Thank you for keeping me straight.

Terri, I'm afraid if I pull this off I will be in Northern California. I'm from Sonora and the job is in Chinese Camp. I will be closer to another one of my farmgirl pals that just moved over the hill from where I hope to be. I just have to get an interview first!

Bnny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 20 2013 :  7:08:47 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Bunny,
Good luck on the job interview you will get.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  11:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Bunny,
Good luck on the job interview and have faith that it is yours.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  3:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Hello, just checking in. Were are hopefully at the tail end of these storms. No damage to my family homes, but lots of limbs and small trees down. Our roads are flooded, so we'll be stuck for abit. A house down the road had a tree come down on it, and it's knocked out the electricity for a while now. Our fire dept. has been there and everyone got out safe. We've had to take cover a few times because of funnel clouds, but nothing close to what Moore had. (praying for them, we have church family who have loved ones there who lost homes) Lots of high wind, rain and hail.

Thank goodness for propane stoves and generators!

Blessings

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  5:57:54 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, thank you for checking in. I was worried about you. One of my classmates grew up there and said her family lost everything.
Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 21 2013 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile
Shanda, praying for hit

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  01:11:49 AM  Show Profile

Bunny...Oh my goodness girl...wouldn't you love to move back to California...closer to your boys and everything?
Wow...I am praying for you. I love to try different types of tea. So I am open to anything different.

Teacher Tammy...glad that you girls got it straightened out about who had which Tea Month. LOl Did we get tea for May?
It has been such a crazy month around here that I don't even remember? *brain freeze*

Cherime...I think we are going backwards in our weather. We skipped Spring and went right into Summer Weather and now
it has gone back to Winter Weather. Cold Wet and Miserable. I thought I was going to drowned today! Nothing worse than
cold rain...that seeps into your bones and muscles.

Shanda...so glad to hear that you guys are OK. I watched The Special on Moore tonight and it is a Miracle that more people
were not killed. They had told us on our NW News that there had been 91 killed and then tonight revised it 24. I loved
hearing the Teachers say that they were praying out loud for their students not to be harmed. Yeah...just try taking prayer
out of school....it's there when it counts the most. And when you look at those two schools...you know God answered those
prayers. They looked like no one should have gotten out alive. Praise God for those teachers using their own bodies to
shelter those children. Amazing!

Well...I called my youngest son and dil tonight and told them that if Elijah wasn't born tomorrow (His due date)...that I
was sending him and eviction notice. They both laughed...being in property management...they thought it was a cute statement.

See, I am all ready for him. I got this cute bassinet yesterday for him. Got it at a resale store for $30.00. Washed it all yesterday
and then put it back together last night. It is nice that it is small...so it doesn't take up much room in my bedroom.

OK...please pray for our dog Snickers. He is in so much pain from his hip. We go to the Vet who will do the Surgery tomorrow...for a surgery consult. I do not know where we are going to come up with the money...I am trusting God on this. I never heard back from the Organization called Angels of Animals. I guess I need to dig a little deeper for help. We are thinking about selling the VW to pay
for the surgery. But first we have to get that fixed.

Night Lovely Ladies,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  1:35:52 PM  Show Profile
Oh Peggy....the bassinet is just adorable! Hope Snickers feels better soon!

Shanda.....glad to know you are safe....prayers to all your Okies!

Bunny....praying your hopes and dreams come true!

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  5:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Hello girls,
I thought I would come in and sit. I shampooed carpets in four rooms today. I still have two left..but ran out of cleaner and decided that was a sign I was to sit.

Peggy that bassinet is so darn cute. Praying that baby comes soon.

Bunny any news on the job interview

Shanda glad you checked in I was thinking of you. I was so touched to the heart as I watched the teachers pray and protect their students. Prayer should be in all schools..oh I digress it is a bit of an issue with me can you tell

Judy where are you hiding out...don't make me put my hands on my hips and fly after you. You know I tend to make an entrance...hope all is well.

well I am off to sit in my chair and have tea and read. my dear hubby got me a nook tablet for mother's day and I have been enjoying just learning how to use it. I believe it will come in handy in my classroom as well.

love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  6:37:13 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy Ann,
I so agree with you about prayer. No one, I mean no one, complained about "separation of church and state" when it was reported that the teachers and kids were praying during the storm. What a shame that it takes a tragedy to get prayer in the news and on TV.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 22 2013 :  6:39:37 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Shanda,
Glad you are ok too. I put a post under "Across the Fence" to see if others in OK were ok.
Across the Fence: Everyone ok after tornadoes?
Mary Beth reported that everything is ok with them and they were prepared to camp out for a while.
Terri
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page