Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Kirksmom71
True Blue Farmgirl

873 Posts

Mel
Dallas Texas
USA
873 Posts

Posted - May 12 2013 :  5:26:55 PM  Show Profile
Hope everyone has had a WONDERFUL Mother's Day! Sent to you from beautiful Dallas Texas! :)

My best to all,
Mel

Sassy City Girl with Farmgirl Fantasies!
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  07:24:18 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I am new, and my first contact in MJF was thru my interest in the card exchange...i bought the Farmgirl book 8 years ago, and was in a Clarks Mkt., the other day, and was reintroduced to the Farm thru a magazine there. Just delighted to spend time in the magazine, and then find and join others through it.

Terry i was born in San Bernardino, lived in Beaumont for 12 years and am now in Grand Terrace.

So happy to make the acquaintance of you all!

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  11:20:36 AM  Show Profile
WELCOME Christen...glad to see that you found The Porch....and hey we are your first post...how cool is that.
Hope you will come back often and sit a spell and chat. It is a great place to hang out with a bunch of Awesome
Farmgirls.

I will be back later...to post more...I am off and running today.

Love Ya All,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  12:36:35 PM  Show Profile
Wow! Miss a few days and ya have to read and read and...well,you get the picture.~zoomzoom~ hahaha
Peg, I can't believe how much jerky of any kind costs. My Dh loves it, but it's out of sight!
I wondered how many gals would comment on page 666.Glad it went by fast.
Lorena, thanks for the e-book author name. I will have to look her up.
Terri, thanks for that site for decent reads. I like a good wholesome story! Bless both of you gals!
SandyLee, Welcome to the best porch around. *giggle* I'm a little biased I guess. heehee
Another masterpiece by the bunny-girl. Just quit your job and find one in clothing design. You could make it there, no problem.
Hi MayFay! Welcome! It's so nice to see so many newbies!*hands you a hot cuppa*
Judith, Welcome back! ~ooooo~ can't wait to see what you found at that Tea Shop for our"Tea Swap!" *giggle*
So sorry to hear about your sister. How sad!
Becky, I'm so glad that you feel so comfortable with us. We are here to listen and give out hugs(no charge) anytime you come around.
SK Judy, What a neat gift idea, coupon cookies! What's not to love about those, right? Double Yum!
Hi Christen, Welcome to you too!
Isn't is wonderful how we all found this place? I found MJF thru the magazine too. I think a lot of us did! I've learned so much. If these gals don't know the answer to something, they can usually direct you to someone who does!
We're glad that all you new gals stopped by to say howdy. Pull up a floorboard anytime and join in the girl-gab!
Well, we had a scare Sunday evening. Mama called us around 5Pm to say that she wanted to go to the hospital. Her left leg was killing her. She has been complaining about it, but since she's been going to the family doctor lately, we figured they'd find the trouble.
So we took her and didn't get back home until 10. They ruled out blood clots and said the veins looked good. Then she mentioned a back surgery she had on 2 discs back in the 60's. They think she has a pinched nerve. She said that the doctor back then said that she did too. I think all of this moving at 85 years of age has taken it's toll. I wonder what the doctor can do for her? All the hospital did was give her Tylenol3. She said that it didn't stop the pains...only dulled them. Poor Mama! Prayers for her, please!
She has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow.
Well, we have been having some cold, breezy days the past 3 days. The sun is out, but it's very chilly! I can't get warm!
Well, My Buds, TTFN! God Bless Yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
"The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it is on my list!"

Edited by - herblady55 on May 14 2013 08:05:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 13 2013 :  1:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Welcome Christen,
Sorry to lose you as a "neighbor" but glad to have you as a Farmgirl Sister.
Terri
# 4720
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  08:41:11 AM  Show Profile
The Mama saga continues......
She slept most of the day yesterday. She needed to catch up. I took her some soup around 5Pm and there were messages on her machine. One was the hospital saying, would you please call us, so I called and they said that the radiologist read her x-ray and they think she has a hairline fracture in her hip joint(oh dear)and could we please come back in asp. So we go in around 6PM and sit there and wait for 2 hours. Then they do CT Scan and they didn't find a fracture but they did see a big mass in her abdomen. He said that when they see that, they automatically think, "cancer." (gulp)DH was off work by then so I called him and asked him to come sit with me. I was starting to freak out. I never want to hear that(c)word, especially where my Sweet Mama is concerned, ya know? She's a gem and almost my whole world. So they did a 2nd CT scan with contrast(dye)and said they found enlarged lymph nodes. So since she has an appointment with her family doc today, we'll see what she says. The hospital wrote, see Oncologist, on her paperwork they sent home. So, I will keep ya'll informed.
PLEASE keep us in your Prayers.
Oh, we didn't get home until 2AM! ~~Ugh!~~ I went to bed at 3 and didn't move until 8 AM. When I got up to tinkle, I couldn't get back to sleep. Don't ya hate when that happens? *giggle*
I have an eye appointment at 2, Mama's appointment is at 4, it's almost noon now....I better get stirrin.'
Later Gators!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on May 14 2013 08:44:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:38:36 AM  Show Profile
Oh Judy...I don't like the "C" Word at all either and especially when it is the same sentence as someone
you Love. I will be praying for your Mama and you girls also. Well since they thought she had a fracture in
her hip and she doesn't...maybe this mass in her stomach will be just a shadow on the x-ray or something.
We can hope and pray.

My DH is having a minor surgery today...but we won't get home until late. And I could have slept in until 9:30
but no...I got up to tinkle also and couldn't go back to sleep. That was at 6:00 and I am still up, but showered,
dressed,put my face on, made my morning Smoothie, checked on a pair of back-ordered sandals, and dealt with a parking issue with
the Apartment Manager and took my dog for a short jaunt. And my 9:30 alarm just went off. Ugh! It's going to be a
really long day for both of us girl.

More later tonight or tomorrow.

Blessings, Hugs, and Prayers,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Christen Rosamilia
Farmgirl in Training

38 Posts

Christen
Grand Terrace CA
38 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:46:30 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for the welcome! I'm with you Peggy.... Busy, busy, busy! Nice to hear a bit about you all. May your days bring baskets full of the Light of God, that never fails

With LIGHT!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  09:49:19 AM  Show Profile
Judy praying.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  5:31:44 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Peg for the encouragement. We went to her doctor today and turned over all the hospital papers to her so they could copy them and put them in her chart. They are going to call the Oncologist for us. I hope they can take her reeeeeal soon. Other than that she said she couldn't do much and didn't even charge her the co-pay. Sweet lady. She did tell Mama that if the vicodin didn't help(like the Tylenol-3 didn't) to call and they'd give her something else. She'll be able to start her own pharmacy pretty soon.*giggle*
They gave her a morphine shot before sending her home last night and she said that she still felt the pain and it woke her up.
I took her out to eat after all that and she ate pretty well. That made me happy. She eats so little any more.
Thank you for the Prayers Cherime! We appreciate all we can get! *sigh*
Well, I'm pooped. Later Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  6:22:43 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Hope everybody had a good Mother's Day. My youngest was the only one that called me and he made my day by doing so.

Bunny - that dress was beautiful! You are definitely gifted.

Judy - So sorry about your mother. I hope they figure out what is going on with her.

Matt woke me up this morning about 4 getting up and I couldn't get back to sleep. As I was laying there I started to hear distant rumbles of thunder start to move in. All I can say is WOW when it hit. News reports say we got hit with wind gusts up to 70+ mph. Blew 6 vehicles off the road including a couple semis. The storm was so bad all the dogs moved into the bedroom that weren't already there. They typically get up and start stretching a couple minutes before the alarm clock goes off and they didn't move even after it went off. Weather report was for winds 20+ mph gusting to over 40 mph for the rest of the day. I had to close some of the windows because I was afraid that the blinds were going to be ripped down. Thankfully it's calmed down so I think I'll take the pups out for a wander before bed.

Last week got busy so I obviously didn't make it back in. I ended up having 3 job interviews. Walm*rts has hired me for a temporary position in lawn & garden. Sad that they're the only one that will give me a chance. It's a job though. I'm still sending out resumes so we'll see what comes. Worse case I'll try for a permanent full time job position at Walm*rts until I can find something. I may keep a part time position there even after I get another position to help get some money in the coffers for my son's wedding in December.

Matt's brother is arriving tomorrow afternoon for a couple days. He got a forestry intern job for the summer somewhere on the west side of Utah(?) so he's stopping on his way out there to visit. I'm sure he'll stop going back when he returns to college in the fall to. It will be nice to see him since it's been well over a year since we last saw him. Figures he's arriving on my first day at work though.

Well I need to take the furkids for their nightly wander. I'll let everybody know how work goes :O) Please keep me in your prayers and thoughts that I get another position too.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  6:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Judy,
You are having such a hard time. I am so sorry.
Here are some beautiful flowers that popped up in my yard. I am so grateful to the lady who lived here before me. These are for you.
Terri
You are in my prayers too.
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - May 14 2013 :  8:19:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Farmgirl friends for your condolences on my sweet sister's sudden passing. sigh. Just have an old achey, breakey, heart for awhile I guess. I know working in the yard/woods will help. Today I raked leaves and sticks out of our little rocked in gardens around our yard trees. Took a walk in our woods. So far, the Virginia Blue Bells are flowering, bloodroot, violets and dandelions. The chives are growing like crazy, and I'd better lasso the mints before they take over. Tomorrow we will have a Magnolia tree delivered. It is blooming now. I hope it lives. I'm beginning to think if it is not natural to the woods, nothing will grow here.
Judy, I am so sorry to read about your Momma. Goodness, I hope they are wrong. I had three different types of cancer scares this year. The scans all came out positive. So we redid them to be sure. They came out negative the second time. Turned out to be inflamation. So I will pray for your momma that she comes out ok, and pray for you that you don't get so stressed out. What next, girl..Oh, I know, don't ask.
welcome to the porch, Christen.
Terri, your flower pictures just perk me right up!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  09:52:45 AM  Show Profile
RFMTammy, Thank you for your sweet words. I appreciate all of your concern for Mama. She is such a gentle, loving soul. I just hate to see her suffer and be down in the mouth. She is, like me, a(giggler),laughing at just any little thing. So it hurts me to know that I can't make her laugh at times.
GOODNESS-SAKES-ALIVE Girlie, 70MPH WINDS!!! ~~ACCCKKK~~ I'd be under the bed with the cat for sure!(that's where he heads when it gets really stormy around here)You act like...*yawn...stretch*..."Ya, we had wind today...upset some of the dogs....whatever!" hahahahahaha Cracked me up! I suppose you are use to it. We have some rumbling and sprinkles this morning. 'Spose to be a rainy day with rumbles thru-out. I think daytime, mild, spring storms are relaxing, but when they come at night, just scares the bejeebers outta me.
Sure hope you can find a full-time job soon. Praying!
Terri, thank you soooooo much for those gorgeous posies! I just love lilies. We have day-lilies and some Asian lilies around our yard. They are so pretty when they all open up. I'll have to show ya'll when they open up...probably early June. Our "rhody" is about ready to pop too.
Hi Judith, Thank you for helping me see that not all masses are the(C)word. That's a comfort to know.
I really appreciate all of you "Farm-Girl-Buds" when I'm in a pinch, feeling blue or just need a reason to smile....ya'll NEVER let me down. I wish we could all get together for a BIG Farm-girl "Squishy" session. We all need that. I just love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  10:12:33 AM  Show Profile

This is a Rhody that is just getting ready to die. It looks like rust...around the edges of each flower.
Even in death there is beauty and reasons to give glory to God.
Forever He is With Us and His Love endures forever!

Terri...beautiful lilies. I have a couple just ready to open too. Flowers speak the silent joys of the soul.
Have you ever read the book..."The Language of Flowers"...I highly recommend it.

Judy..Hope, Trust, Lean On, Enfold yourself in the loving arms of our Beloved Father. Let him wash away your tears
and your fears and leave your precious Mama in his most capable and loving hands.

Was at the Hospital with Larry all day yesterday. Surgery was backed up for 3 hours. We got home around 8:00 pm both
exhausted. I had pushed through my chronic fatigue three times and was getting pretty cranky by the time I made it
into my recliner for some relaxing and unwinding. I slept through the night until early morning but I am still tired.

Will try to get back on here...tonight.

Hugs and prayers for those who need it,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 15 2013 10:16:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  1:36:04 PM  Show Profile
Hey dear sweet sisters,
I am officially out of school..well I have meetings tomorrow and Friday but this Madame Butterfly is soaring.

Judy I am praying for your mama she is lucky to have you as a daughter too.

Peggy hope you and dear hubby are doing ok today.

It was 107 degrees here yesterday. Yep you read that right. I thought my wings might melt off. I didn't even have tea and that is a rare moment. Today we are back to 80 and I am thankful for that. I can handle that. I am not quite ready for hot just yet. We seemed to have skipped spring here.

I just heard my dryer go off so I best skedaddle.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  2:31:00 PM  Show Profile
Judy, Prayers for your mom! I hope she gets her giggles back!
Tammy Prayers for a good job, one that's right for you and a blessings!
(we've got two Tammys)
Tammy Yippee-schools out for the summer! Congrats!
Peggy hope your DH is recovering, and you are reviving!
Terri Beautiful Flowers! What a treat.

I love all the flower picture. I'm just begining on the grounds around my little cabin. I have a vision of one day it all looking like an old english cottage type garden complete with white picket fencing and gate. oh, dreams.

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  3:23:29 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I sure hope your mom gets better. She sounds like such a sweet heart and doesn't deserve the pain and stress. She is lucky to have such a caring daughter to be there for her. I will send healing thoughts her way. A'nt nobody should be messin with Judy's sweet momma or else us farmgirls will have to open up a can of whoop...... You know what!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  4:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Hi again, Well, it cleared up around 3PM and got terrible muggy and 81. Like TLTammy said, this is way too warm for May! After my eye appointment,(thot it was yesterday...i'm so confused) *giggle* I went to see how Mama was doing. She's still having those pains but the pills are dulling them a little so that they aren't quite as horrible. Sure hope the Oncologist calls soon with her appointment.
Peg, I love your rhody. So pretty! DH said that he's never seen anything like that. I said, well, she does live waaaaay over there in WA. You can grow lots of things that we can't. LOL
Sure hope you get rested up, both of you. Doctors&hospitals are so draining.
TLTammy, WOW! Yer outta school...and you still have to go back for meetings. Not fair! *sigh* I can't believe that you had such crazy temps like that. What are your normal temps this time of year?
Thank you Shanda for your sweet thoughts!
Bunny, you are so funny. I busted out laughing about the "can of whoop_____"...then I had to read it to DH because he heard me.LOL
Thanks to all of you Gals for the Thoughts&Prayers! We really appreciate it, we really do!
Well, it's 8PM and it's still 80. This is just nuts. Just 2 nights ago, I was buried under a pile of quilts to sleep...with fuzzy socks on *geesh*
Toodles for now!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  5:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
Beautiful flowers. I will look for that book.
Terri
Go to Top of Page

HemetGardener
True Blue Farmgirl

573 Posts

Terri
Hemet CA
USA
573 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  5:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Send HemetGardener a Yahoo! Message
Peggy,
I found the Language of Flowers by several authors. Who wrote the one you like?
Terri
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 15 2013 :  6:17:48 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Good evening ladies.
Well it has been a very long 2 weeks for me. I have been on reading all the posts just had no time to respond. Today I am laid up. Finished painting every room, de-fleaing the room we live in and the pets. I didn't survive the de-fleaing of the cats. My boy cat nailed me in the arm and ripped a pretty slash cut in my arm. My husband said he was Freddy Kruger practicing for a new movie. All I know it hurts and luckily I did not need stitches. Husband has put me on rest and will not let me do anything for a couple of days until it no longer oozes blood. I shall be back to normal in a couple of days and then I can finish the only room left the kitchen.
I have loved looking at the pretty flower pictures. It has been my pick-me-up during the times I took a short break to read the many posts.
Well hubby caught me and said that I should not be bending my arm as I will make the womb bleed and to please get off the computer, so I guess I will close for now and talk with you all later.
Have a beautiful evening and until later.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  12:00:35 AM  Show Profile
Yeah...Teacher Tammy...SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!!! Let us celebrate on The Porch with a cuppa Chocolate Tea!! Here Here!

It is definitely cooler here on The Virtual Porch than 107. That is
some serious weather from hell. LOL

Terri...The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh

Judy...we cannot allow any giggles to go away in your family...because the world would be less than less... with out your
Families Giggles & French Hugs & Squeezles. Praying for Mama and all of you. If Mama ain't Happy ain't nobody Happy!

Shanda...Oooohhhh, I Love English Gardens! Someday...your dreams will become reality...I know they will. ~ DH and I are doing
better today but still exhausted. It is funny how going to the Hospital can take so much out of you. I keep telling God...that
I shouldn't have to ever go to Hospitals for me...because I have already put in Over-time while going with DH. (and I'm punching
the time card to prove it). LOL

Bunny...you and your can of Whoop _______! You are right though...they better NOT MESS WITH US FARMGIRLS!!! See, Judy already has her hands on her hips and we're ALL fixen to join her.

Becky...Hope your cat scratch heals up...it sounds really deep but I seriously hope it didn't make your "Womb" bleed. LOL
*pick self up off the floor* Still laughing though! Can't help it...that was too stinking funny! I know it's late and
you're tired. You needed a little rest from all that painting. The fumes must have gotten to your brain. Hee Hee!

OK...Ladies...I did nothing fun today except do laundry. So, nothing to share tonight.

Love Ya All...
Sweet Dreams...
Don't Feed the Nightmares,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on May 16 2013 12:06:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  1:36:46 PM  Show Profile
Quick hello! My son is coming home today from college...A Grad! woohoo! And we got him thru college with no debt! Even bigger WOOHOO! So I am cooking up a storm for a celebration dinner. He'll be home with me for one week, then he moves to Texas. (yes, heart is hurting...but in a good way, it's time for him to fly on his own!)

Also, today during schooling, my daughter needed to sharpen her pencil, so what did she do? She went out on the porch, pulled out het pocket knife and sharpened her pencil! Who needs a pencil sharpener in the country! HA!

Blessings to all...off to cook. (I'll share the menu and receipts when I can slow down.)

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Ladybek9756
True Blue Farmgirl

882 Posts

Rebecca
Linneus Maine
USA
882 Posts

Posted - May 16 2013 :  6:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Ladybek9756's MSN Messenger address  Send Ladybek9756 a Yahoo! Message
Hello girls,
Well hubby off to work so I am free, Yeah!.
Judy, I am so sorry to hear about your mother. I never had one so I can't imagine what that would be like. I have been a CNA for 5 years and have taken care of many people and have lost a few. There was one lady who was like a grandmother to me. I took care of her until she passed away at the age of 100 1/2. I am sure that your mother will be okay and I have her in my prayers and you as well.
Peggy Ann, I am glad that your DH surgery went well. I know what it is like to be at the hospital more than home. When my husband had his accident, I felt that I should take stock out of the hospitals and doctors offices we visit that 18 months. I think I spent more time there than home. Oh by the way, my arm is healing well. I read your post about my "womb" bleeding. My only excuse like you said is the paint fumes, overly tired, wounded, loss of blood and a nervous wreck of a husband all in a 24 hour period. I wasn't thinking straight. It was funny and when you read it one way and someone else reads it another makes you think.
Tammy, those are some pretty strong winds. I have gone through enough of those wind speeds that like you it is nothing, but still pretty close.
Christen, welcome to the friendliest porch you will ever find.
Tammy, glad you survived school. Now it is party time and a nice break from the monsters.
Shanda, congrats on your son's graduation. My daughter played too much this year and failed this semester, so she will have to repeat and hopefully this taught her a lesson and she will buckle down and graduation next year.
Well as for me, I have quite a few bruises where Charlie tried to get away from me. The slash on my arm is healing nicely and hubby has finally released me back to work. I am so close to having this house done that I do not want to lose the ground. Like I said earlier I just have the kitchen left to paint and the cabinets in there. I have completed including a intense cleaning the bedroom, the rec room and my office/craft room. I still have the living room to clean but for the moment it is the catch all for everything as we complete the other rooms. I have one bathroom painted, but it is in need of a complete overhaul cleaning as that is where I bathed the animals. I wished my cats were as easy as my dog is. Angel's lets me do anything to her almost. We still are fighting with the fleas, but are getting them under control (at least I hope so). I do have chemicals but have been trying to do in the natural way. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this moment. I am so tired of fleas that I am ready to burn the house down and rebuild a new one. Good news for us, we now have a place to have a good size garden. Our next door neighbor has a good size backyard and I asked him today if I could use it for a garden and would give him some of the bounty and he agreed. Hubby and I are so excited that he couldn't sleep today before he had to go to work tonight. This will be my first time having a real garden on my own as an adult. HELP!!!!!
I'm tired tonight and think that I will finally pull a book off of my shelf and read for once. The house can wait until tomorrow. Have a lovely evening and will be back soon. Hugs to you all.

May the stars carry your sadness away. May the flowers fill your heart with beauty, and may hope forever wipe away your tears. Becky #4932
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page