Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  6:16:17 PM  Show Profile
Janet, you have a wonderful Christmas too. Stay healthy! We will see you afterwards.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:28:15 PM  Show Profile
Driving home from church today we went through a snow storm. Flakes were enormous. It was so beautiful and I was so excited thinking I'd have a white Christmas..... but the closer we got to home the wetter it got until it was just rain..... boohoohoo. Oh well it was gorgeous while it lasted. :)

Is everyone ready for Christmas. Kids and I baked more Christmas cookies to decorate today because we'll be having company after Christmas day and we wanted some yummy cookies to share. So tomorrow we'll decorate them and we'll bake the cupcakes for Jesus' birthday party. Ooooh just two more sleeps!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, we got a little snow here too. Nice big snowflakes that melted the minute they hit the ground.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2012 :  9:29:36 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2012 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas Porch-Buds!
God Bless Us Everyone!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  12:29:34 AM  Show Profile
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY PORCHIES!!!!!!

Bunny...love the T-shirt skirts! 2nd one is my favorite! (my colors)
Hope you do well with them.

Judy...thanks for Cousin Melvin Mouse's singing to Mildred and Me! Loved it!

OK...got to get to bed before Santa comes. (+: Oh, yeah...I am Santa!!! Hee Hee!

Love and Christmas Hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  6:05:15 PM  Show Profile
Merry Christmas sweet sisters,
HOpe you had a lovely day. It was wonderful at our house. Left you some Christmas cookies and Christmas tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2012 :  7:01:54 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies and Merry Christmas!! I bring sugar cookies and chocolate chip meringues to share.

It was a pretty laid back day for us. Morning started way too early with the dogs waking me up at 7. Temp this morning was -12. My taking the dogs for a walk today went out the window when I saw the temp. I seriously need to invest in a pair of bibs so I can stay warm when I walk them. The day was pretty much laid back. We fixed a ham, cheesy potatoes and green bean casserole. Seems like such a waste of food cooking so much for the 2 of us. I miss not having the kids around.

The man gave me a pastry mat and rolling pin in my stocking. We're supposed to be buying each other cowboy boots but need to do a trip to Fargo. We're thinking sometime after the beginning of the year. I had to replace the starter on the Jeep Friday so it put a dent in my checkbook. I got him a bottle of applepie moonshine (yes it's legal here). It was sort of funny because his brother was saying he'd gotten to taste some yesterday and I listened while the man bragged we could go down to the liquor stores here and buy it. He's never bought it as it's a bit pricey - about $25 for a mason jar of it. He was talking about taking a picture of the jar and sending it to his brother to brag today lol He loves the old fashion root beer barrels and lemon drops so I got him a bag of each and a package of peppermint peeps dipped in chocolate.

Cherime - thanks for the offer but we do have heat tape on the pipes already. I just wondered if there's a point even with that we should consider letting the water run after it gets to a certain temp or not.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  12:24:00 AM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy...I just recently tasted Apple Pie Moonshine myself. A friend of a friend...makes it and
sells it and my youngest son bought some. My goodness it tastes just like apple pie. This guy sells
it for $20.00 in a glass moonshine jug...that is bigger than a mason jar. I guess he makes all kinds
but that is by far his most popular one. Crazy! I truly couldn't taste the alcohol in it. My son the
other day was telling me that my Grandmother was a Moonshiner...I said, what? She was a little Baptist
Christian Lady and he said, "Well your Aunt said that she made Dandelion Wine" I don't consider that
Moonshine but hey what do I know. LOL

Well, it was not my best Christmas today. To start with I had the worst Fibro Flare in the middle of
the night last night. And when I got up to take pain med's I noticed why...the Streets were running
like Rivers with water. I went back to bed but couldn't fall asleep until after 6:30 am. Then when I got back up it was still raining rivers. I got the couple of items ready that I was suppose to take
to my sons for the Family Christmas Dinner....and then sat down until time to leave. Fell back to sleep
and woke up feeling sicker than a dog. Went in an threw-up three times...pretty seveirely in a short
amount of time (no not from moonshine lol I only had a taste the other day). But I told my husband
that there was no way I was going to make it to dinner. Which he was rather happy about because his
ankle hurt for some reason. I think he kicked the wall the other night or something in his sleep.
Anyway, I got back into my jammies...called my son and let him know...and then threw-up 3 more times
before the afternoon was over. My hubby went and got me some 7-up and peppermints to help settle my
stomach (always works for me). I got to thinking about it later...and the last 3 or 4 times I have had to take two Tylenol with coedine for my fibro...I have thrown up the next day. Today was by far the
worst. Hubby and I didn't even open our Christmas gifts to each other until about 8 pm. I also had
some gifts from my mom and aunt. You will laugh but I got mostly Restuarant Gift Cards. And they all
sounded just awful to me. My stomach is still quezzie tonight but will take aleve and not my more
powerful drug. The only thing is...when I am in that seveire of pain...aleve just doesn't touch it.

So, tomorrow (ok later today)...youngest son and fiance' will come over for dinner and we will exchange our gifts then.

Bunny...saw that you got lots of SNOW! You had a White Christmas!!!

Oh, by the way...my Aunt did get me a beautiful purple bracelet with crystal bling and
necklace that I loved. And husband got me a Bible that I love!!! So, all was NOT lost.

Hope everyone had a Beautiful Day filled with Loved Ones!!!

the sickie,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  08:37:06 AM  Show Profile
Got my white Christmas! Kids and I will play in the snow today. So looking forward to it.

Wearing the sweater my son gave me. He's got good taste. :) Letting everyone rest up after the excitement yesterday. Hope all of you had a Blessed Christmas.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  09:04:35 AM  Show Profile
We had a wonderful Christmas, just my son and daughter, Bob and I.Quiet, but nice. Lots of food. I am glad it is over though, now hopefully I can get my house organized and work on some sewing and crafts, and learn how to spin yarn.
We had a white Christmas, still about a foot of snow on the ground here, cold, it was zero when I got up this morning. Winter is here to stay for a few months now, but just think!!! Less than 3 months it is spring already!!!! Time sure does fly by, doesn't it?

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  09:06:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey, y'all!!! Here I am again, wandering in from goodness knows where!!

I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas! Ours was small... Josh and I only got each other a few small gifts, and we made gifts for the rest of the family. I spent Sunday-before-last baking like a mad woman. 7 different kinds of cookies!!!! I also made ornaments, though I was lucky to do so! It took FOREVER to find just plain, clear, glass bulb ornaments!! I found 2 boxes of 4 at Hobby Lobby finaly, and they had the 50% off sale going on, so I got both of them. I got this idea from Martha Stewart to make an ornament using stuff from our "yard". I filled the bottoms with fake snow, slipped in a snippet of old sheet music stamped with the family's initial (Momma and Brother & Sister in law got P, I made one for Josh and I with S, one for his parents with S, one for his grandma with L and one for each of his half brothers with M) and a snippet of millet from our field tied with gingham ribbon. Momma loved it because it was something that came from our farm from the first Christmas we had the house. They turned out really pretty!

I got even more creative with the tags... I have this lovely stamp that says Handmade By: but I had no pretty paper/cardstock to stamp it on! And then, I spotted the James Avery catalog LOL!!! There was JUST enough blank space on the antiqued yellow cover to stamp out 8 tags, which I signed, dated, and backed with more old sheet music.

I'll get pics when I can

For those wondering, I have yet to start on my wedding dress, but I plan to do so this weekend, and I'm hoping to finish the mock dress altogether by next weekend. There's been so much going on, I just can't find the time to do it all!!

SO.. what did Santa bring everyone??

Momma gave us our traditional goody basket with nomnoms, and she got kitty treats and doggy treats for the grand-fur-children. My brother and sister in law got me stuff for the kitchen, which included some aluminum Dutch Ovens that used to belong to Daddy and an old military issue slotted spoon that I remember seeing Daddy use. I bawled my eyes out! This year has been hardest... I think I finally started letting myself grieve, and it's hitting me hard because I am planning this wedding at a venue where he had spent some happy times, and he won't be there to walk with me But, I got through it and I will happily go home this afternoon and fix fried catfish, succotash, and cornbread with my christmas goodies!

Josh is feeling like we all think he's a lush, haha!! I got him a custom Pilsner glass from the local Harley Davidson dealership with a Marine Corps pinup painted on it. It came in a camo tin with a dog tag and two matching coasters. My Brother and Sister In Law got him a decanter and whiskey glasses, shot glasses and the like.

All in all it was a great Christmas. We had a lot of fun even though we couldn't give much.

Hope everyone else had a great holiday!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2012 :  09:08:54 AM  Show Profile
OH YES, I forgot.. Josh called me right before I got off work on Christmas Eve and told me "DON'T GET IN TO MY ACCOUNT!! You're BLOCKED till after Christmas!"

He'd finally gone shopping and thought I'd figure out what he got me if I saw LOL!!

He did an awesome job... he got me a cast iron dutch oven I can use indoors OR outdoors (We've talked about building a fire pit in our front yard) and a skillet combo. It's a cast iron skillet with a lid that doubles as a flat iron!! HE'S SO GOOD!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Missus Miranda on Dec 26 2012 09:09:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:00:40 PM  Show Profile
Happy Yuletide porchies! Christmas was WAY too stressful here. Not sure if it really used to be simpler, or if I am just experiencing adulthood!

How was everyone else's?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2012 :  5:20:44 PM  Show Profile
Good Evening everyone.

Peggy, so sorry to hear you were sick on Christmas! I'm betting the pain meds are what made you sick. I can't take Vicodin or Codeine without getting really sick to my stomach. I hope you are feeling better.

Sounds like most everyone had a wonderful Christmas. It was pretty quiet around here. It snowed all day. I fed my pet sitting kitties and just hung out in bed watching Christmas shows. Mom and I had an awesome dinner of prime-rib, artichokes, shrimp salad and I had mashed potatoes with sour cream and horseradish mixed in. (LOVE horseradish).

Sewed all day yesterday and today. So all is good here.

The New Year is coming! Are you Ready?

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  01:11:51 AM  Show Profile
Hello My Porhcies....

Oh Bunny your dinner sounds Heavenly! I am with you girl, I love Horseradish with Prime Rib.

Had our Christmas Celebration last night. My youngest and his fiance' came over with gifts and
food. We pooled our Food and had a wonderful dinner. My Son had made a fabulous Roast!!!
We spoiled each other with gifts (mostly gift cards to all our favorite places) and I now have
a new stash of Chocolate Everything...that ought to last me quite awhile. LOL The kids were
here from 7 until midnight and then they had to drive to Seattle at 7:00 am because they both
had business meetings.

Alyce...so sorry for the stressful Holiday for you girl. It can be that way sometimes! And then
sometimes the Loveliness of it all...just amazes you.

Netty...sounds like you had a great time with a house full of family!!! Really, the older I get
the more It is really All About the Gift of Family, Friends and God. Those are the most precious
and long lasting gifts. You don't even need to worry about having to "Exchange" them after the
Holidays. ha ha!

Miss Miranda...sounds like your Christmas was good too. Tell Josh not to worry that we all think
He is a big lush. LOL I am sure there is more to the man than that or you wouldn't be crazy for Him!

Janet...so glad that the four of you had a Wonderful Christmas! I hear you on the House re-organizing...I
started a little bit of that tonight in fact. I decided out with some old...to make room for some new!
When you live in a 980 sq. ft apartment there isn't room for a lot of extra "stuff"...so, I try to keep
going through stuff about every 6 months. I will probably leave my Christmas Decorations up until New Years...unless, I start getting tired of it.

Kimberly...did you and the kiddos have FUN in that Christmas Snow? I saw some kids on the news tonight
up sled-riding on Mt. Hood. They looked like they were having so much fun. There was a little guy
under the age of one...but he could say "Snow" and he was loving it!

Well, my cleaning gal comes in about 8 hrs. So, I guess...I will say Sweet Dreams for now...

More Later...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 28 2012 01:16:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2012 :  4:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Just got home from work and we went out for a hamburger so I didn't have to cook after work tonight. Hubby is home for 5 days again this week, will be glad to get back to normal around here.
It has been cold and damp, but no more snow.Supposed to be below zero next week.
We do not go out on New Year's eve, in a matter of fact, we are usually in bed by 10:00!!! LOL!!! How are you all celebrating this year?
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  08:41:14 AM  Show Profile
Hi all. It was good Christmas. I am ready for the new year as I got all my business stuff done. CMF Services Inc. is up and running. I am NOT looking forward to dealing with the IRS but such is life. I guess I will need to find out what they want next.
The weather up here is skitso as usual. Temp is hovering at +30, +31 right now and I hear that Anchorage had rain this am. Not looking forward to Monday am, I just hate riding in an giant ice skate, my pickup, or skating in parking lots with my shoes. Ah Alaska, if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes. Blessings all and have a safe New Year.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  10:22:26 AM  Show Profile
Good afternoon sisters,
It is sunny,snowy, and chilly here in Nebraska but it so beautiful when I look out the window. We had a very nice Christmas. Dear hubby got me a new camera and I am learning all it does. Have a picture of the family I will add at the bottom of this post. the family wedding before Christmas was nice but we were all relieved when it was done so we could just have some down time. I got hit with a nasty cold the day after Christmas so the couch, my teapot and great books kept me company. I am finally feeling better today.

Here is a picture of my family complete with the dogs.

hope you are all well. Time for afternoon tea
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  6:48:53 PM  Show Profile
Cherime - Congrats on the business. I hope it goes well.

Tammy - Love your sewing machine.

Took the kids on a mini vacation. With the hubby gone I thought we should have some fun too. So we went to Chuck E Cheese with a friend and her kids. Then we went to a hotel and swam in the pool and had some fun. Went to a diner 50's style. That was fun. Tomorrow I think I'll see if we can go to a movie after Church. Monday we'll actually have company coming to our house for the day!!! We're all so excited. Right now the kids are watching Leave It To Beaver for the first time. :)

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  8:59:13 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. Still cold here. Freezing seems like a heat wave if we ever get back up to it again lol. I think our high today was only 11. Tried to find some Carhartt bibs today but couldn't find any short enough. Guess I'll have to look online and see what I can find. Hated to pass up 40% off sale at TSC though. I've been wanting a pair so I can wear them to walk the dogs. Not sure what else I could wear to keep my legs warm and protected from the subzero temps and wind. I did pick up Country Woman magazine while we were there. For some reason our Walmarts doesn't carry it. I need to find a good deal and order it as it does have good craft and recipes in it.

Matt's sister sent me a skein of baby mint green merino yarn and a pattern for a Cat Paw Scarf for my birthday back in November so I started working on that tonight. I've never worked with yarn that small before. Depending on what I decide to do tomorrow I might be able to knock it out. If not it will be a good New Year's Day project to work on. Got a couple loads of laundry knocked out before work and finished what I'd started after I got home. I made a huge batch of beefaroni about two weeks ago and froze the leftovers in two containers. This morning I pulled one of the containers and thawed it for supper and made roasted maple glazed carrots and garlic bread with it. Easy supper but mighty tasty and filling.

Cherime - congrats on the new business!!!! I highly suggest Quickbooks if you can afford it to track everything. Makes doing all the reports for the state and such much easier.

PeggyAnn - are you over being sick yet? How horrible of you to have been sick on Christmas!

Kimberly - Sounds awesome to take a mini vacation for the holiday and destress it. Unfortunately NOTHING is open here on Christmas so eating out would be a problem if we did go to a hotel. Got to love small town life :O)

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2012 :  9:29:19 PM  Show Profile
Puter just ate my POST. Grrrrr!!!

Back tomorrow after temper tantrum!

hugs,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2012 :  5:31:46 PM  Show Profile
Netty, sounds like you had a busy Christmas. I am sure the homemade gifts were well accepted. Glad you are able to keep busy with your scarf making and sewing. I am working on knit slippers right now. Keeps the old fingers going.
Peggy, sorry you lost your whole post again. That is so frustrating.
Hope the rest of you are doing well. Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  4:32:31 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY NEW YEAR Buddies!
Chat with ya tomorrow!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2012 :  4:34:14 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year Porch Sisters
May it be filled with love and joy and laughter.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page