Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  6:13:21 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies,
Just thought I would pop on real quick. It has been a busy day. WE had our Christmas program and cookie walk this past weekend. It was a huge success but I am glad it is over and we get a more normal week...not that my butterflies can be normal at this time of year...hahahahahah

I am hoping to finish my Christmas shopping this week. I am about half way done. Just like to get it done.

one of my sons came home today sick I think he may have strep. Of course He thinks he doesen't need to see the dr. I say yes you will. Hopeing we don't all get it as next week we have a family wedding and then Christmas.

Judy if we are doing the tea swap please sign me...I missed this year with all the adventure of moving and I would like June please.

It has been very cold here. Actually has felt like winter. I had to drag out scarf, earmuffs, and gloves.

I have a very cute picture of grandson and Jax to post next time. They look like they are kissing each other. Jax just loves my grandson. So darn cute. Althought I have to shut the Christmas room off when we are gone. Jax thinks the ornaments are to play with. He takes all the ones he can reach and lays them in a pile. He doesn't destroy them, just likes to run with them. He just makes me laugh.

well time to have some evening tea and read a bit.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  7:05:07 PM  Show Profile
I'm in for the tea swap next year. I would like a summer month if possible.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  01:12:58 AM  Show Profile
Hey My Porchies...finished up my Christmas Cards tonight. Now, I am all done except purchasing a few
gift cards. And everything is wrapped!!! Yahoo! Before you start feeling like you are far behind...
just remember I don't work, and I am home everyday to get that kind of stuff done. Not so easy for
you working gals. I remember those days. I loved working the Christmas Season in Retail...it was Crazy
hectic long hours...but I just loved it and thrived on it. Really do miss those days!

Hey RFM Tammy...I got my Tea today! Thanks so much...love the flavors. Also loved the postcard. Shared it with my DH and he thought it was really cool too. You had my old address that is why it took probably a day longer....but it got to me none the less.
Sounds like your work situation is like most...has it's good aspects and it's not so good. I find that most bosses under appreciate their help and have no loyalty and commitment to their workers. It is a sad fact of life. It didn't use to be that way. When I was the boss I worked right along side my employees. I never asked them to do anything I wouldn't do right along side of them. I was loyal to them...and thus they were very loyal to me. But these days nobody cares. Companies want to hire everyone for nothing salary wise and only PT Hours so they don't have to give them benefits. It is just sad and pathetic.

Teacher Tammy...oh, I can't wait to see the picture of Jax and the grand baby. Sounds so cute!
How many more days before you break for Christmas? I bet the butterflies are already getting a bit restless.

Judy...see, you already have 3 of us wanting to sign up for another Tea Swap. So, start sharpening your pencil and filling in the months. (+:

Hi Bunny...are you out for Christmas Break yet? Are you sewing up a storm?
How have things been since your Mom got back from her Thanksgiving Trip?

Kimberely...yes, the Mall Shooting is so incredibly sad. Nobody really knows for sure why the 22 yr. old went on this rampage. But he was suppose to be moving to Hawaii and something fell through. I think maybe his dreams fell through and it devestated him and he kind of snapped.
He had kind of a rough upbringing and was involved in drugs when he was in his teens. Don't know about now...but they may have played a roll in his actions.

The girl that is in the Hospital is only 15 not 18 as they first indicated. She is very fortunate to be alive....as she was shot in the stomach.
She had liver damage and something else and alot of shrapnal in her body. I guess she has a couple of more surgeries to under go. But she seems to be a fighter...so, they believe she will eventually make a full recovery.
Praise God that His gun jammed or many more people would be dead.
It is really affecting everyone's mental well being. There were so many children in the Mall with their parents.
I do not believe that taking away people's guns are going to make a bit of difference in these kind of crimes. But I do not believe that Assualt type weapons should be sold to the general public. Hand guns fine! Rifles Fine! But not Military type assualt weapons. Nobody but the Military needs those.

Well, off to bed to read a little bit in several good books.

Sweetest Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  06:55:36 AM  Show Profile
Hello! Red velvet birthday cake, anyone?

Just popping on to say happy Hannukah if anyone here celebrates it, then back to present-making. I am so tired...my boss is visiting her mom again, and has no idea when she will return. Argh! Guess who gets to do all of her work in the meantime?

Don't be offended if I doze off over here!

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  6:10:48 PM  Show Profile
Hey sweet sisters,
Just hopping on the porch with some chocolate tea to go with red velvet cake...hmmm yum. One week from tomorrow I am out of school. I tell you my butterflies are so excited they may be on the ceiling by the time next week rolls around.

Dear son was to dr today. He has strep and ear infection both. Good gracious no wonder he has felt yucky. So dr put him on antibiotic. He is worried about being behind at school. I am hoping he wont wrestle on Saturday as I don't think he will be well enough but we will see.

Peggy I am pretty sure my cards are going to be late...I always wait until out of school. I tend to send them out at new year and get it all in one shot..heheh

well off to crochet and have a bit of tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2012 :  7:21:29 PM  Show Profile
Yea, school and work is out for 3 weeks. Fibro has been acting up a bit. It will be nice to lay low for a while. Tomorrow I ship my books back to the book rental place and then let the sewing begin. Oh, and I got an order from my Etsy fabric site and a pet sitting job for the holiday. Not a lot of money, but money none the less. Mom actually went out in the cold to a church meeting tonight. Amazing..I get the house to myself.

Tammy, I got my tea package and everything else. So excited at all the goodies. Thank you.

Tammy was my gift exchange buddy for our 500 posts exchange but it was right in the middle of her move and my gift got packed away by mistake. She was just able to find it and boy did I get cool stuff. Cowgirl fabrics, homemade soap, books. It was like Christmas early at my house. Thank you Tammy, it came at a time I really needed a pick me up.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  12:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey...Bunny, so glad that you got a little bright spot in your Holiday. That is always special.
I never did get anything from our 500 page post swap even though I sent stuff...but hey, that is
ok...I get plenty spoiled all year long by people. Like tonight for example...our Bible Study is
on Holiday Break but some of us are still getting together for craft night...well, two of the
gals had unexpected Christmas goodies for me. Well, I love unexpected anything...so, that was a
super fun blessings.

I have a prayer request before I forget...I just found out tonight...my husbands youngest Daughter is going
in for heart surgery tomorrow. Not full blown open heart surgery but surgery to repair a hole in
her heart. She has had it from birth but they just discovered it about 6 months ago. She is 39. If she
didn't have the surgery she had a 100 percent chance of a stroke. So, please pray for her. They are
going in through the groin. I had a similar heart surgery a little over a year ago but mine was to
repair an irregular heart beat. And I A-fibed on the table and they had to shock my heart back to life
3 times. So, I know that even in less invasive surgeries...things can go wrong. I appreciate those
prayers for her, thanks!

I fixed a Christmas Stocking for the lady that lives in the Apartment right next to ours and she was so
delighted with it. Her care-giver came and knocked on my door and thanked me for doing such a nice thing
for her...she said it really lifted her spirits. Which is exactly why I did it. I know that she suffers
with Fibro/Chronic Fatigue and depression. She is a little Mormon Lady...and just the sweetest thing. I
really like her. Her name is Bonny and I always want to call her Bunny. (I wonder why? (+: )
You just never know what kind of witness 'kindness' can be to someone. I meant it to encourage just her...
but her the care-giver was blessed by it too. Just sharing...because we need to remember to use those
promptings of the Holy Spirit...and do what He is calling us to do. I was blessed that they were blessed! There is such JOY in obedience to The Leading of The Lord.

Alyce and Tammy...oh, Red Velvet Cake and chocolate tea! Yummy! Was it your birthday Alyce? If so...HAPPY BIRTHDAY PORCHIE!!!!

Teacher Tammy...well if parents have to scrape their butterflies off the ceiling it won't be your fault. LOL I remember those days in school when it was getting close to Christmas Break and it was
hard to concentrate on school work. ~ Sorry, to hear that your son is so sick. I bet you will have a
hard time keeping him from that wrestling match though.

Well girlies...it has been a long but a fun day. Spent some time with my son over at my favorite Antique
Mall in Portland. Then we picked his fiance up for lunch and went to a little Italian Restuarant down
town Vancouver. I had the most wonderful Sweet Potato Raveoli...they were to die for.

Off to bed for some tea and reading...and to cozy in like a bug in a rug.

May you have visions of sugar plums dancing in your heads,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 14 2012 12:51:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  02:11:57 AM  Show Profile
Uggg, it's 2AM and I can't sleep. Fibro pain and restless all over instead of restless leg. My whole body does this tensing thing and it wakes me up. So here I am. Peggy it looks like I just missed you at 12:45. I'm actually trying to type without my glasses...haha.

Peggy, will certainly say prayers for your husbands daughter. How scary for her.

Well, I'm going to give it a go again and see if I can get back to sleep.

Nite all.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  05:12:41 AM  Show Profile
Peggy will pray for your hubby's daughter. Surgery of any kind is scary. When they were first talking about back surgery for me I informed him he wasn't big enough to get me on the table!!! But then I didn't end up needing it. :) Sounds like it's a pretty important surgery for her to have!

I have a prayer request too. Just found out that one of my husband's co-workers has stage 4 cancer. I don't know much about it just that it is lymph node/throat related. If I get more information I'll update. He starts treatment this coming week I believe. Doesn't make for the merriest Christmas for him and his family. His children are all grown up and he has grandchildren. Please pray for his wife too. I can only imagine the pain she's in.

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  06:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Yes, my birthday was Wednesday. 12-12-12, and I turned 36! Makes me giggle. Chocolate tea, hm!

Lots of prayers sent forth for everyone.

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  09:13:35 AM  Show Profile
Bunny, I know the feeling. Some money is better than none.
Peg, Kim praying.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile
Alyce - Happy Belated Birthday. That's pretty awesome turning 36 on 12-12-12!!! I'd be giggling too. :) I saw on the news of one child that turned 12 on 12-12-12 and he was born at 12:12. Ha. Fun stuff.

Peggy - keep us updated on the daughter's surgery.

I've got a day in town. Gotta get me and the kids checked out by a doctor cause this cough just won't stop. Jackson and I have both coughed until we threw up. Then I've got to get tires on the car, buy groceries, go to counselling (please keep praying) and do a tiny amount of Christmas shopping. I'm going to get my parents a stick and fill it with pictures and videos of the kids. I know they'll love that even if it sounds lame.

I've got exciting news!!! The certificates arrived. My children are now officially Canadian citizens!! Now I just need to get them their passports. This will just open up so many possibilities for them. Now they can live and work, go to school in either nation. They are American due to their father being American and them being born here and they are Canadian because their ol' Momma is!!!! So when they grow up and move from home they can do or go wherever they want. I have an Aunt with dual citizenship and it just makes things so easy for her. I'm actually considering getting my American citizenship. Right now I'm a permanent resident. But maybe it would be better if I had both citizenships???? I don't know all the pros and cons yet but I'm thinking of looking into it. Don't worry Porchies I'm not illegal. I jumped through ALL the hoops, filled in ALL the paperwork and paid ALL the money to do it all legal. What a headache. Glad it's long done, not sure I want to do more to become a citizen but maybe that's easier. I still giggle when I think of the FBI check they did on me. That HAD to be boring. Lets see no record anywhere, oh wait look, one speeding ticket in her entire life. Oh better not let her in the country she's dangerous. LOL

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  10:59:46 AM  Show Profile
Hello all! Man, lots of news and laughs and "stuff" going on lately.
So...ya think ya'll are up for another year of tea swap,huh? I may be crazy to host this again....but all right. But we need some ground rules!This thing gets stressful!
#1 Stop losing your address lists! OK? *giggle* how old are you?(dern kids)*snicker*
#2 We need to skip January because it's to soon after the holidays for me to get this thing ready and for you to mail it out!Agree?
All righty then! Let's have some fun!
Do we even have 12...er...11 people on this Porch any more Peggy? hmmmmm....We may have some empty months! BUT....we will make the best of what we've got...right?And if ya feel that you can do 2 months,GOOD! Have at it!
Now....time frame for signing up...hmmmmm....let's say January 12th. That'll give me time to type up the list&get it to you, and Peg, time to get her tea ready. Deal? 'Nuff time Peg?
Any other tips or tats? ....well, let me know....
OK...Peg gets February,I'll take April,TLTammy gets June annnnnd Bunny-rabbit(ooops,sorry,habit)gets July! *giggle*
And we're off........(i've always been off)heehee...
Peg, I just loved that pic of your Grandkids with santa. Everytime I look at it I crack up!
So sad that we can't even go shopping and enjoy ourselves anymore without some disaster happening isn't it?
Keeping your requests in mind!
Mama and I went shopping yesterday and when we got home,I went up the inside steps first, laid my bags down and turned to see if she wanted me to take her bag so she could walk up just carrying her purse...when I heard a thumpa,thumpa, THUMP!!I gasped and ran for the stairs. You can't see around the landing to see her on the stairs,it's L-shaped.I hollered,"Mama" and looked around the landing corner to see her on the floor in the hallway, leaning against the wall....laughing and saying..."I'm all right Judy...I'm fine."I don't remember flying down those stairs but I was at her side lickety-split,holding out my hand to help. She says, "just take my bag,I'm fine",as she gets up on her hands and knees. Then she tries to find something to grab hold of and starts laughing again and can't do anything. Man-o-man,what a scare that was for me. She said she reached for the rail and misjudged where it was before she stepped up on the first step,and swayed back and lost her balance. I called her this morning to see how she was. She said she was a little achy but fine. I said I thought her back would be sore since she fell back against the wall. She said she hit her head, not her back, and for sure she couldn't hurt that...her words,not mine. hahaha ~whew~ Life With Mama, An Adventure!-What A Woman!
So anyhow, she did get her table delivered yesterday. She's happy about that. Looks nice in her kitchen!
Well, I need to make up some cookie dough and get it chilled for cut-outs.
You all have a great day Gals!
Love Yuns!
Extra French-Hugs&Squeezles

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Dec 14 2012 11:06:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  4:18:36 PM  Show Profile
Hi, porchies! Just got back into town and ran to the computer...may I have October tea month again, Judy? Well, off on my broom again..
nite porchies..

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile
Hi my sweet sisters,
I hugged all my butterflies today and my own sons after hearing about the shooting in Connecticut. Just broke my heart. I have training for that as well. But I pray I never have to use it. So sad that someone could look in those precious children's faces and take their life. What brave teachers and I am praying for them. Just makes me so sad and touches my tender heart especially being a teacher.

Judy I am so excited I get to be June for the tea swap. It might take me months to decide what to send..hehehe

Bunny so good to see you I do hope you sleep better tonight.

Peggy I bet you enjoyed your day with son and fiancee. Love those bible study nights too. My little group has not met since Thanksgiving and I am missing them. Looking forward to seeing them after holidays.

well I am going to crochet and have some tea.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  6:53:01 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I'd like November again if I could. I really enjoyed getting a package every month with new teas in it.

Evening everybody. Just got back from eating at my favorite local Mexican restaurant. I love Mexican food :O) Laid back day at work finishing up things before the weekend. Weeks with board meetings are really hectic getting all the financial information pulled together. I needed a marguarita (or two lol) to relax. Next week I need to pull together an Open House on Thursday as a going away for my Director. One of the board memebers asked me last night at the board meeting to coordinate it. Love having advance notice. As it was briefly discussed another board member suggested we invite the ND Buffalo Association which she also worked for to the open house also which caused a discussion. The VP felt that was to many people to invite but I talked with my coworker and her and I have decided to really give a good bye party for her and invite the city chamber of commerce members, the ND buffalo association AND the Dakota Territory Buffalo Association to the event LOL. If the board doesn't want to do anything themselves for her we'll do it. It's just sad. She's slaved for them for over 10 years and they act like nothing is occuring. They have her position listed for $48,000 plus benefits, which is $6000 higher then what she makes plus benefits that they haven't offered her. Budget last night was for a flat across the board with no increases from last year. They should be ashamed of themselves. It's disgraceful. The budget doesn't even cover a wage of $48,000 plus benefits. We discussed it today among the staff and we think whoever they decide to accept for the position will probably be only offered $35,000. At the meeting last night nobody could even be bothered to have thought about giving us our Christmas bonuses. One of the board members who's also on the ND Buffalo Association Board got up and presented her with a check from the ND Buffalo Assocation as a token of their appreciation. Major mud on the face of our board afterwards.

Bunny - so glad you like your package. I felt so bad about it being this late. I was worried you might have already read the books by now - so glad you liked them. Hope you feel better soon.

I'm just numb from the shock of this latest mass shooting. 22 children. It just breaks my heart. Even though my kids are all adults I just want to hug them to me and hold them after this shock. What kind of person kills kindergardeners? Even though I've been surrounded by similar violence when I lived in the Metro Detroit area it still is such a shock. I heard on one report that his mother worked at the school but still it just doesn't make sense. Someone on FB posted there were also 22 children killed today in a school in China by a man with a knife - guns are outlawed there. I don't understand these mass killings, especially of children. Of course on FB everybody is jumping on soapboxes to advocate their positions on who is at fault; guns, social/mental health services, etc...

On that note I think I'll go fix myself a cup of soothing tea and sit down and knit before I got to bed and try to relax and destress.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  7:37:01 PM  Show Profile
Yes girls, you can have October and November. That just leaves March,May,August,September and December!
I got my gingerbread dough and my sugar cookie dough chilling for tomorrow. Cut out day.
I don't understand how anybody can kill like that either...let alone kill children!This world has gone mad!
Time to unwind with a Christmas story.
Nite Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2012 :  8:30:31 PM  Show Profile
I'm going back and forth. One moment I'm in tears and want to hold everyone involved in the school tragedy. The next moment I'm fighting mad and I think the coward that took his life shouldn't get off so easy because I want to see him punished for taking all those lives. What is wrong with a society that kills children? EVERYTHING. I was in the tire shop getting my tires put on the car and I was sitting next to a lady who was crocheting. We were chatting and we both were furious. Who does that to children. We are meant to protect children not harm them. May the Lord be with all those grieving tonight especially the family of the shooter. How they must hurt.

Please pray for me Porchies. Some stuff came up at the counselling session that has left me stunned, hurting, scared, angry..... can you name an emotion? I've been crying and praying. Oh Lord rescue me. I just feel hopeless but I know He gives hope to the hopeless so I'm trying to keep my mind on the Truth. God have mercy.

Hugs to all

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  12:48:07 AM  Show Profile
Well What a Horrific Day In our Nation...

I have the same feelings as all of you.
Why? They are the innocents of life. The only comfort I have found today is that I know The Angels of Children are before God's face daily.
I think even Heaven was weeping today...certainly they were busy ushering in those beautiful spirits and souls.
May God wrap the Parents, Siblings, Grandparents, and Aunts and Uncles of these little souls beneath His Mighty Wings. He knows their Heartache and He bottles their tears and He will somehow bring miracles out of this Tragedy. Because God takes what is meant for evil and changes it for good.
Though right now...none of us can see how anything good could come out of these ashes.

Just when you think nothing worse could happen (after the Mall Shooting)...the unthinkable happens again...in less than a week. It is all so very overwhelming. I just fall at the feet of Jesus and weep and grieve for these parents with our Nation.

And then to hear that China had a mass stapping going on today also......

Lord have Mercy...we can only handle so much.

It was good to have so many Porchies on here today.

Kimberly...keeping you in my prayers over your counseling session. Cling to the Hope you have in Christ Jesus.

Teacher Tammy and Netty...I am sure that you both could really relate to what happened today. And that you two have also been trained in what to do in case of a similar situation. May you NEVER have to put that training to test. But I was really proud of those teachers today...they did what it took to protect the rest of those children. They are angels and hero's to me.

RFM Tammy...Children are easy targets, they can't defend themselves. But like all Of YOU wonder...how can they look at those precious faces and eyes and take their lives. THEY ARE SICK INDIVIDUALS!
In more ways than one.
They are saying tonight that they do not even know if the shooters mother was a teacher at that school or not...because she was killed in her home and she should have been at the school if she was a teacher. I am sure we will find out more as the facts unfold...but I doubt we will ever know the Why? of it.

Judy...so glad many are signing up for the Tea Swap again.
And I think your rules are absolutely legitimate requests.
If everyone copies and saves their list on their computer then non of us should have to ask you to resend it.
I will be ready to send mine out in February...as I have the tea and everything right now. So, I am good to go.
So sorry to hear that your Mama fell backwards down stairs too. At least you were there. I am glad that she isn't suffering too much today.

Alyce...I thought that was cool about your birthday being on 12/12/12 and you turned 36...that is just soooo cool!

Cherime...thanks for your prayers.

Janet...thank you for the Christmas Card and Tea...I got it today.

Bunny...wow, we could have chatted this morning....since you were up too. LOL

Hope your Fibro isn't too terribly bad. Do you take Aleve...for the pain? I find that it takes the edge off enough that I can sleep...even though I toss and turn alot. Also, using an electric mattress pad...helps keep my muscles from cramping. And since I don't use heat in my bedroom I will often throw on an extra blanket in this colder weather.
I would think you have lots of nice quilts to help keep you warm.

Judith...thanks for flying onto the Porch for a few minutes. Come back when you can stay longer. (+:

OK...thanks My Sweet Porchies for your prayers for my Step-daughter. She made it through her surgery fine today. I believe she will be in there overnight tonight and then released later today.

I totally believe in the power of prayer and appreciated being able to rely on yours and those of others too.

Well, I am sure that you all are bone weary like I am...just from the events of today. So, sleep well my porchies and we will chat more over the weekend.

Prayers and Hugs for All,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 15 2012 12:54:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  10:19:59 AM  Show Profile
ok how about I Take August. That might be far enough ahead for me to manage it.
Pure evil is what motivates mass murder. "Look at me! See I Can Be Somebody!" So horribly wrong.
Kim I think you have the right idea for your kids. That is real choice.
Blessings all

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I promise not to lose my tea list. I'll save it on my computer, post it on my bulletin board and where ever else I may look when I need it.
So glad you mom wasn't hurt too bad. You may have to wrap her up in better padding so she bounces better.

Tammy, it never ceases to amaze me how terrible employers can treat the people that do the work. I took a business class a while back and we had a section on business ethics. I told the teacher it was a useless chapter. I have never worked for anyone that treated their employees with any kind of respect. I hope she finds it with the chamber job.

I agree with everyone on the sharing. It is almost too painful to think about. Losing one of my boys would be more than I could handle. I can't imagine the pain the families are suffering right now and will be reminded of it every year at Christmas. So heartless of the shooter.
Peggy, I do take Aleve. I find sometimes doing some leg stretching helps the restless leg. But not always. I'll be fine now that I have a break from school and work.

Well, off to my sewing room for the day. Later all.
Stay warm and healthy!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  5:51:06 PM  Show Profile
Do we get a list with all the names for tea swap. I promise to treasure it and hold on to it. I am pretty sure my original list got tossed in the move. Pretty please....thank you.

I am in need of tea after fighting the crowds to buy groceries and get some Christmas shopping done. Yikes...it was crazy out there today. Thankfully I am pretty close to done. NOw to wrap.

love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2012 :  6:10:31 PM  Show Profile
Had a wonderful day in my sewing room. Here is what I worked on.

I did finish this and put it on my Etsy site for sale.

This is a little postcard I'm almost finished with. It just needs a border and the postcard backing.

It snowed a bit today. Not enough to stick but it made a good effort.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  12:05:10 AM  Show Profile
Bunny...what cheerful work you do. Whether it is a quilted postcard or a full quilt or a purse...
you just do lovely work. Always makes me smile when I see the outcome of your vast talent.
We didn't get any snow where we live but the Portland hills did and Battleground area north of
Vancouver. I wouldn't mind seeing a little bit of it between now and Christmas. Right now I would
take anything but more rain.

Teacher Tammy...I have hardly gone into any stores for a couple of weeks, except Barnes and Noble
and that has been crazy enough with shoppers. I am trying to pick a store that will have all the
Gift Cards that I still need to pick up...so I can get it done at one-stop shopping. Probably Freddies
or Safeway.

Yes, Judy will give us all a list with every persons month to swap and everyones full name and address.

Cherime...glad you are jumping in and doing a month in the tea swap.
Three cheers!!!

Judy...why don't you ask Patsy to take a month too. And I bet once
Netty and Janet are back on the Porch they will probably want to
do it too.

I was extremely tired today...my DH and I just stayed home and lazed around in our PJ's and lounged in
our recliners. I made a really nice dinner tonight. Porch Chops with fried apples on top, baked
Sweet Potatoes, Corn and a Raspberry Pie (store bought...I just had to bake it) for Dessert.
And we baby sat the gran-dog again. Shane and Mercedes had to drive to Seattle for her work Christmas
Party. They both said it was really boring and the Company gave no gifts or bonuses. That is
pretty cheap if you ask me....and to expect your employees to travel 4 1/2 hours to come to a
Christmas Party is redicules (and that is one way). Bunny you are right there is no Loyalty in
companies...none!

Well, more rain tomorrow. I probably will be doing Church from home again this wknd. This is
getting old fast. I would at least like to make it to Church once in awhile.

OK...off to read and snuggle in for the night.
Big Hugs Porchies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 16 2012 12:10:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2012 :  10:05:12 AM  Show Profile
Peggy I'm glad you like my creations.
I feel the same about company Christmas parties. My son went to his, no spouses, girlfriends or friends allowed. Only employees. He got a company T-shirt and hat. His bonus was in the mail. $50.00... After taxes, $29.00. Merry Christmas...bah humbug was more like it.

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page