Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2012 :  8:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Haven't made it yet but with so many of us coughing...... I got this recipe for cough syrup and I'm told it works like magic. One lady I know had whooping cough and it worked for her.

10 garlic bulbs (the bulb not the cloves)
1 quart boiling water

Steep 12 hours

1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tblsp caraway seed
2 Tblsp fennel seed

Boil down to half. Serving size 1 Tblsp

I did something today that has me as giddy as a school girl. Little background knowledge first. When I was a little girl due to illness my hair fell out as fast as it grew in. As a little girl I'd wear a towel on my head under a cowboy hat and exclaim to my Daddy, "Look Daddy, long hair!" My hair has always been fine and thin and I've always dreamed of long beautiful hair. I wanted my glory and covering. So recently I bought extensions. The clip in kind not the permanent kind. Today I went to the hair dresser and had my hair dyed and trimmed and the hair extensions trimmed and styled. Oh GOSH it's so pretty. I have a normal amount of hair now. I look like all the other lovely ladies with long hair. I'm a happy girl I tell you, HAPPY!!!

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  01:06:43 AM  Show Profile
OK Girls...I just lost a half of a page of Chat. I am going to go throw myself off a bridge now....

Tomorrow...I may come back or I may go kick cans for a day and get my frustration out!!!!!!!!!!!

peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  05:30:22 AM  Show Profile
Tammy, sounds good. Take care of yourself as well as the little ones.
Kim every now and then we need to do something just for us. Good fir you.
Peg don't hurt your toes get a foam base ball bat and work the computer over;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2012 :  08:50:54 AM  Show Profile
Good morning everyone. Just a little time before school to say hi.

Peggy, oh how we have all been there. You go right ahead and have your temper tantrum. I get it.

Cherime, so the last day is almost here. I hope you can go on to something enjoyable. Did you feel the earthquake?

Teacher Tammy, I think last year your little butterflies had a hard time calming down because of Christmas. A little wing clipping may be coming up soon I'm sure. Glad they are all back and healthy.

Kimberly, nothing like a new doo to lift your spirits. So glad you love it.

Janet, glad you are on the mend. Make sure to bundle up good before going out.

Not much else going on. Got mom home from her trip. The weather was not so nice driving to the airport and her flight was an hour late. No more driving to Portland in the rain at night for me.

Anyway, later for now. Stay warm farmgirls!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2012 :  01:35:34 AM  Show Profile

Good Evening My Porchies...OK, I have cooled off and now I think I can type again.
Back to using my sticky notes. With posting Pictures I haven't been using them but OK...I learned my lesson AGAiN!

Mildred was a busy little mouse today. First she came over and check out my Red Hand towel that I opened this morning. Then she went over to my Chocolate Advent Calendar and tried to talk me into opening tomorrows number so she could have a piece of chocolate too. I said, "Mildred Mice don't eat Chocolate" and she said, "What do you know?" I think if I don't share with her tomorrow that she my show me if she knows Karate or not. Yikes!

OK, Kim and Netty and Alyce...yes, I do know Karen Kingsbury. But No, I don't know Francine Rivers personally but I do know that her and Karen are good friends. I must say that Francine is my favorite Christine Fiction Writer *don't tell Karen I said that* shhhhh! I know that Karen considers Francine her favorite too. I also know that Francine had some health issues that kept her from writing as much as she wanted to. But it is good to see her with some newer books out now. I still have not read her mother/daughter books yet....but plan to.

Well, I am tired...thanks for letting me rant this morning! I know you gals have all experienced the frustration!

sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  12:42:59 AM  Show Profile

Well, today I got a couple of pretty Santa Gift Tags and another Christmas Kleenex.
Tomorrow I am down to the last gift in the toe of the Stocking...then all my fun will
be over. Which might be a good thing because I think I have scared you gals all away
with my silly little Stocking/Mildred Adventures.

Today, Mildred found my Vintage Angel and Santa kneeling over the baby Jesus. She is drawn
to Jesus and all things God...being a Church Mouse and all...that is understandable. She hopes
all you ladies are drawn to the babe in the Manger too. And that you
never lose the Awe and Wonderment of His birth.

Well, I had my Bible Study Christmas Party tonight and it was just Wonderful! Way too much food
and lots of Holiday Cheer (no, not beverages) but rather Bright Spirits and an amazing time of fellowship.
We did a gift exchange and that was fun too.

I can hardly believe that Christmas is coming so quickly...but I am enjoying every precious moment of
the Season. Hope that's why non of you were on here today....Hoping you were all busy with some
Christmas magic and fun of your own.

Sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 07 2012 12:45:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  1:27:17 PM  Show Profile
*dragging self up on porch with a heavy sigh*

Well.... afternoon, ladies. It's been a bit of a rough patch at Fair Hope Farm. Josh and I are doing ok, I'm just terribly stressed and it's turning to depression.

I got called out for some mistakes at work, lately, as if I am not allowed to make mistakes, and the way it was handled has left me with a rather bitter taste in my mouth. I'm starting to look for work elsewhere, even though I know it may not be any better and it won't be easy. I'm driving 30 miles IN to work every day... 60 mile round trip, and working hard and trying my best... and I'm stressed from clients and coworkers alike and spending so much money on Gasoline... It's just exhausting!! I am stuck in one place because I NEED full time and they wonder why I'm staying here, and it's because all the new positions that come up are PART time, or even further in to town where the slight pay raise would do nothing to help.

But, I am hanging on as long as possible, and trying to keep my chin up. I applied at the local Harley Davidson dealership... it's something I'd enjoy immensely and would be slightly closer and easier to get to. I haven't heard anything, so I think I may give them a ring later on.

Home is wonderful, though. I was able to make fried green tomatoes the other night... we had four little tomatoes on our vines! It would not produce at all this summer, but come December we have tomatoes! GO FIGURE!!

Thanksgiving was good.... I roasted my first turkey and it turned out REALLY good, made green bean casserole from scratch, roasted root vegetables, and made two pies, one pumpkin (from an actual PUMPKIN!) and one pear.

If only I could be Martha Stewart for a living!!

I hope everyone is doing well. We still have no internet available in our neck of the woods, but we are trying, and I try to come say hi when I can! I miss all of you!!

Miranda

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  9:22:48 PM  Show Profile
Peg. Yeah getting really close. Lots of possibilities. not sure how it will all play out.
Bunny, I sort of felt it, I was just too busy to pay attention. Felt the couch shake thought "oh that must be an earthquake", and went back to what I was doing.
Miranda. I know that one. I have driven that distance pretty much for the last 26 years. At one point it was a bit longer as they moved the office way across town and added another 10 miles to the drive. It is going to be really strange not having to make that drive on a regular basis.
Tomorrow is the last Christmas bazaar. Pray for us ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2012 :  11:44:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh Miss Miranda...tis not the season to have your chin hanging on your boobs. (+: Sorry, that work
is a drag and that people expect you to work with out making human errors, how silly is that?
You really do drive a lot of miles round trip for work. It probably would be nice to have a job a bit closer to home. We will be praying for you that something will come open for you. Sounds like a job change would probably be a refreshing thing for you.
How are the wedding plans going? How is the dress coming along? Maybe if you could concentrate on that aspect of your life...the work situation would just take a back seat for awhile.

Cherime...it will be rather strange for you to not have to go to work any more. But I do hope you just take some time and relax a bit. You are one hard working lady.
I am praying that your last wknd gift bazaar goes well for you.

Not much happening for me today. I spent most of the evening working on Christmas Cards. I sent out a lot...and enjoy doing it but it is time consuming. And it seems like less and less people send them out any more.

Tomorrow I am dog sitting for my youngest son as he and his fiance' are going to a Tolken Marathon at the Movie Theater. 8 hours straight. Glad it is them and not me.

Off to bed and my book.

Nighty Night Ladies,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  10:43:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Gals!Rainy,50's,dark here. Mom and I are suppose to go to a furniture store today that has a small table and chairs on sale like she's looking for. But her landlord chose today to put a new light in her kitchen for her. The one light in there doesn't work at all and the other one started acting up. They told us that the wiring is old and they weren't sure how to put in a new light and had to think it over. Finally, 2 months later she wrote them a, "I'm moving if you don't do something soon"...letter.She has bad eyesight since her botched surgery and needs all the help she can get. So they finally called her and said that they were going to put a light in today....tic-toc-tic-toc....he's running late they said....grrr!
Peg, I really like vintage pins. They're a lot prettier than the newer styles...in my humble opinion! *giggle* I'm enjoying Mildred's orneriness and adventures.First she's here, then she's there....such fun! ....and "Don't Mess with Mildred" is her motto I think, especially if she knows karate! She's one(Kickin')mousie! hahaha Say, is that candle lit on your vintage Angel?It looks like it's glowing. Me likey!
RMTammy, I like my chocolate-mint tea too. Great taste and no calories! Have you tried the chocolate hazelnut? I can't remember if I sent you all that one or not in our tea swap.
Sounds like you landed a fun job. Good for you. Thanks sharing the buffalo pic.
Jan, You must have been on Biaxin. It can leave a metal taste in your mouth even a few days after you're finished with it.
Cherime, when we had 3 kitties all at once,we tied the Christmas tree to adoor facing...just in case. Our friends shared some of their horror stories(and I don't mean Scrooge)so we figured,better safe than sorry. We only had 1 kitty climb it once. They were pretty good well behaved. I sure hope you get some snow soon to help insulate your place AND help hold it down.*gulp* I hate wind!
Kimberly,good recipe. Thanks for sharing that.I just made Rosemary Gledstar's Fire-Cider recipe for te first time. It'll either cure ya or kill ya! hahaha It may even remove lime! LOL
Just kidding! But Mom still has that cough that won't go away,so I'm willing to try anything!
It has:
Garlic, onions,horseradish,ginger,hot pepper,whole peppercorns,mustard seed and honey.
You put it all in a jar and pour organic vinegar over it and leave it sit on the back of the counter for 2 or 3 weeks, shaking daily. Use a plastic lid or saran wrap under a metal lid,as it will corode the metal lid. I'm tellin' ya,it's strong stuff! hahaha It smells wondeful though!mmmmmmmmm..... It can be added to other foods or salad dressings.I'm going to try it in my vegetable juice. I believe the dose is 1 tsp. I can't wait to try it. I need something for a good warm-up with all this dampness and chill we are experiencing around here.
Glad you got to do the hairdresser visit. Sometimes we just gotta do these things for ourselves. We need a(me)day! *giggle*
Miranda,So sorry for your job stress. I will be Praying for you to find something closer.
You got brave and made a(real)pumpkin pie? Good on ya Girl! I did that ONCE....never again. Too much mess and work for me. hahahaha
Well, I'm off to see the wizard! teehee
Later Gators

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2012 :  9:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Evening ladies. I sent everybody's tea package out Thursday so be watching for them. Hope you injoy.

Just got home from a bison association barn sale up north that I had a booth at for the Museum. They had the association dinner Friday night so I set up there as well. At the dinner they served bbq bison ribs. OMG were they finger licking good. It's the first time I've had the bison ribs. I'm going to have to find a supplier for those tasty pieces of meat although they'll probably be cost prohibitive. I got to set in on the association meetings this morning even though I'm not a member or anything and found it really interesting. We woke this morning to several inches of snow and 8' temps. I overheard one guy say it was -14' with windchill brrr. Glad I was inside the barn and not working the bison out in the yard. I ate lunch at the restaurant at the barn called "The Kitchen". Excellent food. I ordered a grilled ham & cheese sandwich and it came served with scalloped potatoes and cole slaw. Got to love country cooking :O)

Had to drive home this afternoon with a travel advisory. Winds swirling the powder all over made it difficult to see at times but I got home safely. I'm not use to driving in this type of weather any more so it will take a while to get use to. It's snowing here - don't know how much accumulation they're predicting. Matt wants to go Christmas Tree shopping tomorrow but we'll see. I may just hunker down and stay in until I have to go to work Monday morning.

PeggyAnn - Legand (the albino bull) is reddish due to the fact he's sunburnt. It's a common problem with albinos. He/they roll in the dirt which has red clay in it thus giving them a more reddish appearance. He's the worse because he stays out in the sun more where White Cloud stays in the trees in the summer. In the winter they are cream colored.

Judy - I saw a similar recipe using I think ginger, lemon, and honey. The recipe I saw said to add it to hot tea. I've been wanting to make it up so I have it ready when colds hit. The recipe you gave I would think has more preventative ingredients where the one I saw was more after you already acquired a cold/flu.

Everybody have a wonderful Sunday!

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
http://twilightburrough.blogspot.com/
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2012 :  9:47:50 PM  Show Profile
Man bronchitis is running rampant! Everyone get well and stay well. My kids are still fighting it and now I'm coughing.

But I'm still walking on air. My children were baptized today. It was difficult to take the pictures because I was fighting off tears of joy. Hubby took video. One of those precious moments in my life I pray never leaves my memory.

Better go try to get some sleep so I can fight this off. Hugs to all those feeling ill.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  12:20:37 AM  Show Profile
Kimberly...Congratulations on the Baptism of your children. That is Awesome!!!! I always cried
when my kids were baptized. I remember the emotions! Hope the whole family gets over the Bronchitis.

Netty...that is pretty funny that the sub needs a sub...but I am sure it happens more times than
you would think...especially in bad weather cold/flu/bronchitis Season.

RFM Tammy...Oh, goodie...can't wait to get the new tea! Looking forward to it. Thanks for explaining
about the Elbino Bison. Sunburned huh? Guess that would be a problem. And the red clay too. See you learn
something new everyday.

Judy...Yes, the candle is burning on my Antique Angel. Isn't she pretty? I just love her.
Wow, that is one potent receipe for what ailes ya!!! That will burn the sin right out of you too. LOL
Well, good for mama standing her ground on that Kitchen light. I have been waiting for three weeks for
someone to come check on some mold inside one of my bottom kitchen cabinets. I have gone into the office
twice to ask when they were coming. One day I was told he would come and then I waited and waited and
finally just had to give up and go to sleep because my chronic fatigue had hit. I thought I heard someone
at my door...but I had asked them to call first and they hadn't. So, I didn't get up and go to the door.

Yesterday, I dog sat my Grand-dog from 2:30 in the afternoon until almost midnight. My son and his fiance' went to a Lord of the Rings Marathon...but I was so tired, I just took the dog back home at midnight so
I could get some sleep. I think their movies got over about that time anyway.

Today...was another day of lots of fibro pain. I walked my dog this morning, complaining to myself the whole way and limping because my knees and ankles were killing me. When I got home I tuned into Church
and almost fell asleep before it got over...but somehow managed to stay awake. When it was over I went
immediately back to bed for about 4 hours. I didn't do anything to speak of this afternoon...just stayed
in my pj's (which I had gotten back into after Church)and vegged out in front of the tv.

Hope I feel better tomorrow. I could use a nice sunny vacation spot...right about now. But you know how it goes..."No money, no sunny!" ha ha! Rain equals pain!

Well, I'm off to bed. Don't even know if I will read or not. I'm pretty pooped.

Hey, did any of you watch the Hallmark Movie..."A Princess for Christmas" tonight? It was kind of cute.
Sometimes the Christmas shows are a bit sappy for me...but I liked that one.

blessings and love,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  06:35:22 AM  Show Profile
Well, we got dumped on with snow yesterday, but only about 5-6 inches. It is all white and bright out there now, but 19 degrees. I am going to make sure to stay in so I will not get sick again. Still coughing, but getting better. I got the tree up, now need to do the rest of the decorating.
Peggy, hope the weather gets better so you will be in less pain. No fun at all.
Will try to post more later,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Missus Miranda
True Blue Farmgirl

285 Posts

Miranda
Thrall TX
USA
285 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  06:58:31 AM  Show Profile
Peggy and Judy thank you for the prayers & kind words! Peggy, I do need to concentrate more on the wedding, in some ways. As you say, it could be a way to relieve some work stress. There's been so much going on with the holidays, and I keep pushing myself to do more... I need to just calm down and not try to overdo it this year.

I've all-but lost my voice this morning... a COLD front (cold compared to the nearly 80 degree weather yesterday) blew in and I'm sure that rustled up the cedars and junipers.

The other night, Josh and I were discussing what song to dance to at the wedding... we still haven't decided LOL I pick a song, he doesn't like it. He picks a song, I don't like it. But the funniest thing is that neither of us can really dance!! He's going to be taking lessons from the sister of one of his groomsmen, however, and next month, for our birthdays, we'll go to a tiny little nearby town called Coupland where an ancient dancehall and inn is located. When I was a kid, we went out there and the dance floor was a bit crooked. You danced up the hill and then down the hill... it was fun!

Well, girls, the lobby is about to open, so I'd better go prepare myself for the day. Wish me luck!!!

"I'm not trying to be mean or cantankerous. I just wish people would do the right thing, and use a little common sense." ~ Farmgirl 3535
Pflugerville, TX

http://www.bricolagewedding.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  11:46:19 AM  Show Profile
Poor Netty,I know so well that feeling of not being able to catch your breath. I hate having bronchitis! They say that once you have it, it never goes away.I'm really hoping that this concoction that I made up will burn it outta my Ma&me! If it works I may just have to pass out recipes. The sales clerk at Green Farms, where I bought the horseradish asked me to share it with her if it works. I said,"Sure!" As Peg said,it sounds like it'll burn the sin outta the orneriest of sinful critters! ROFLROFL
Kimberly, hoping your congestion will settle down fast too.
We have so many sick Porchies and right at the holiday season.How dreadful! Feel better Porch-Buds! This is suppose to be a horrible flu year and most of us already have weak lungs. May God help us!
So happy right along with you about the dedication of your children. How wonderful! It's such a huge responsibility for parents to guide their children in the ways of the Lord! Praying for you all who have children.
RFMTammy,got my tea today.Yea, choc-mint and spicy chai. Two teas that you just can't go wrong with where women are concerned. YUMMM! lol Thanks for sharing that postcard of the buffalo with me. How wonderful to be able to work around these great,historical beasts. Lucky you!(yes I'm whining and pouting) *giggle*
Peg, Yes, that Angel is gorgeous.So nice to see the light still working at her age.She's a hope for us all who are aging and trying to keep our light bright, isn't she? Some days I feel as though mine barely flickers. God give us strength in the days ahead! I hope you get some results soon on that mold problem.At our age we already have barnicles on our bottoms,creaky staircases and bats in our belfry, let alone let the mold creep in too! hahaha I don't like a lax landlord either. It's not their dwelling place, so they aren't in a hurry.
Well, by the time Mom and I got to the furniture store after getting her light installed Saturday, it was closed. *sigh* Another day I guess.
Today we have 45,gray skies and rain...again. It poured buckets off and on for about an hour and a half last night. Amazing! That'll be good for the water tables I guess. It's what the Good Lord ordered and He knows what's best!
Janet, at least you got the nice white and bright stuff. Sounds so preeeeetty! Stay warm!
I just love all the recipes you share on here,Gals! Such fun!......Netty.....the size of a small, bouncy ball?.....*giggle*....what?? That took me back to my childhood when I got a couple of those wooden paddles with the rubber-band ball attached....is that the size?? *still giggling* Too cute! Oh, and I've been playing Christmas music since before Thanksgiving. I guess I qualify. hohoho
Miranda, UH-OH...you shouldn't have told me about going to Coupland. Now I'm going to have to hire a camera crew to go there and spy on you so I can make a few bucks selling it to a TV show! hahahahahaha....dancing on a crooked floor no less....yup, that's worth a few bucks! What a hoot! I'm just picturing that! LOL
Well Gals, that's about all the trouble I can stir up for one afternoon. Yer on yer own now! hohoho....
Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

3602 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
3602 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2012 :  7:41:51 PM  Show Profile
RFM Tammy, thank you, for the lovely teas. I couldn't wait to get home from the post office. (opened the envelope in the car) DH said he could smell the goodness as soon as I slit the pkg. I enjoyed the pic you posted of the albino buffalo! So, I really loved the postcard pic. Had to explain your work to DH. Guess we will put the museum on our list of sites for the next trip west.
Porchies, we had our first snow yesterday. Barely covered the ground. But at least it was white.
I'm just getting over a couple of illnesses..aren't most of us. Still not up to par. However, mixed up gingerguy dough yesterday, and cut out
ninjabread cookies today. Tomorrow I will try to frost them.
I've been lurking..but, a little blue for writing. Talk to you all soon!

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  01:03:33 AM  Show Profile

If this photo doesn't give you something to be Jolly about, I don't know what will. LOL
Madeline the four year old said, "Save yourself Naomi...I'm getting my picture taken with Santa"

That's my grand-daughters for you. I just cracked up when my son shared that picture and comment
with me over the weekend. I know everytime I need a good laugh...I will be bringing that picture
up on my phone over and over again.

Judy...thanks for all the cute E-Cards. I appreciated todays...with your comments on my pain. It did take my mind off the pain level for a few minutes. So, thanks.
I loved your comments about the Angel Light today too. Yes, we all need to keep trying to shine brightly for others.
Sorry that the Furniture store was closed when you and mama got there.
And I'm with you...I hope all our Porchies get well very soon. Tis the Season for Love and Good Cheer but also for colds and flu and bronchitis. Me, I just want the Love and Good Cheer. LOL

Netty...thank you so much for the Recipes. Oh, they do sound good. Especially The Oreo Balls. Judy you can attach them to a Paddle Board if you want to...but I think I will just eat them.
Hee Hee!

Judith...so good to see you on The Porch tonight. I have missed you my friend!!! Why are you so blue...come on you have to share now...so we can pray for you. Is your fibro getting the best of you? Or other issues?

Glad some of you girls are already getting the Tea from Tammy. I can't wait to get mine...it sounds good.

Hey Judy...are we going to sign up for Tea Swappen for 2013? If so, I want January or February.
Hey...where is Patsy??? Tell her the Posse is looken for her.

Miss Miranda...you can just hold each other and sway back and forth for your wedding dance or take lessons and look like you really know what you're doing. LOL
That dance floor in Coupland sounds like it would lend itself to swaying back and forth or rolling down hill and back. It's All Good.
Just remember...that no matter what, just have FUN at your wedding and reception. Don't let yourself get up tight about anything. Those are usually the best Weddings and the Happiest.

Janet...the snow sounds lovely this time of year. I wouldn't mind a White Christmas this year... though we are more apt to have a Wet Christmas. At least when we get snow it never lasts longer than a few days.
Hope you are feeling better.

Well, Ladies...off to read a little more of my Karen Kingsbury book. It is really uplifting and encouraging reading about Christmas Miracles. This Holiday Season I have just been immersing myself in good Holiday Reads. It really keeps me in the Christmas Spirit.

Nightie Night My Lovely Porchies...You are ALL Bright Lights In My Days,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  08:33:41 AM  Show Profile
Barely time to say hi to all and back to it again.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  5:54:43 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
"ok, ok, let me go!" said Patsy to the Porch Posse. I wasn't lost, just lurking here and there, reading this n that,looking at all the pretty pics here but not taking time to post..sigh.

had to say thanks to Tammy for the tea and neat post card of the white buffalo. what a privilege to be able to work there and see these magnificent creatures. agreeing with Judy, can't go wrong with chai OR chocolate! YUM!

2 days after our trip to ohio I had to make emergency veggie soup. unknowingly, I had unplugged our freezer after putting some meat into it the night we got in. so half the freezer was thawed, thankfully, it was all veggies. so I cooked the turkey carcass and had a good "base" for my soup. made 17 quarts of the stuff. sure will be tasty when we want soup.

jim did real well on our ohio trip. was great seeing family, hated to say bye, ya know how that is..

my airforce son in Germany is now stateside as of today after being over there 3 years. he will be stationed in Washington,DC now.

well, house is decorated, tree not up yet, but cards are sent out. almost time to think of cookie baking. want to send out 7 boxes this year, so need lots of energy to do this.

jim has a doctor appt. tomorrow to see how his blood is. they never did figure out why his "big ones tried to eat his little ones" concerning the attack on his muscles. he continues to improve, but o so slowly. we are rejoicing today after we got a call from our local hospital about our bill. we only have to pay a fraction of it after submitting a bank statement for assistance. PRAISING GOD~

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2012 :  8:05:33 PM  Show Profile
Evening everybody. Just got back from walking the furkids. Kept having to stop and remove snowballs from their pads but we all needed to get out and get some exercise. I've been in a sort of homesick longing lately wanting foods like grandma use to make me. I miss her especially this time of year. Last night we made pork chops, corn muffins, and baked beans. Tonight I made panfried tilapia, German potato salad, and had the leftover corn muffins. Matt's putting up with my German cooking without to many comments lol.

Glad to hear several of you have gotten your teas already. Just brewed myself some of the chocolate mint. I love the smell of it - it's simply heavenly. I'm going to need to reorder soon. Glad to hear everybody is liking the postcard. It is a privledge to be able to work around these magnificent animals. There's just something so sacred about them. If I chose to move on I'll miss working so closely to the herd but at least they're within a 1/2 mile of our home. If I'm ever lucky enough to have enough land I would love to own some myself.

The director that I work for has accepted a position as the Director of the Chamber of Commerce here in Jamestown. I'm so excited for her. She has a possible position for me so I'm seriously weighing changing jobs. Higher pay and benefits. Benefits are very important as I have no insurance at this time at all. I'm still praying on this.

I don't know if I mentioned that we put up our tree Sunday. It's funny watching Luney watching the flashing lights lol I saw a picture on Facebook that shows a tree from a cat's prospective - star on top 1000 points, swat this, jump on this.... lol it was pretty accurate.

What is everybody working on for gifts or are you all doing better then I am and completed them? I'm working on a dishcloth with red cotton that has a silver strand in it. The pattern is a house with a tree next to it. Hopefully I will have time to do the snowflake pattern with white cotton with the silver strand in it. I need to get busy with the cookies too.

Well time for the news and then bedtime. Hope everybody that is ill/not feeling well feels better.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  12:23:51 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...you can only lurk so long before you have to come in out of the rain, or snow,
or cold or whatever! It was good to get an up date on Jim and You. We have prayed so much
for you guys. Glad that you felt your trip to Ohio was a good one. I am sure it was a relief for
family members to see you guys too after the scare you all had with Jim's health.

Sounds like you will have some good yummy soup for the winter months. Maybe you better send
Judy and Mama some for their bronchitis. Might be more homeopathic than that concauction Judy
brewed up that is strong enough to drive demons out. LOL

Today, I wasn't feeling to great...had a little intestinal bug or something and my son asked me
if I wanted to try drinking some "Clay" that he found that was good for what ailes you. I told
him that I don't drink dirt or mud...at least not intentionally. I don't know about some of these
tried and true home remedies girls. Maybe I am more of a City Slicker than I thought I was. Ha Ha.

RFM Tammy...still no tea in my mail box...but I've been a looken! Keeping my eye out for something
that is more fun than bills. LOL
Wow...sounds like the Chamber job might be interesting work too.
I know what you mean about missing Grandma's Food. I was missing my Grandma's Fruit Cake
a week or so ago. I am one of those rare people that kind of like Fruit Cake once a year.

Well, today we had a real tragedy at one of the Portland, Oregon Shopping Malls. It is one of
my favorite Malls to go shopping in too. But, anyway a Shooter went into the Mall about 5:00
pm and opened fire in the center food court area of the mall. They figured that there was
about 10,000 Christmas Shoppers in the Mall at that time. 3 people were killed including the shooter.
He turned the gun on himself. And one 18 year old girl is in the Hospital Fighting for her life.
Not much has been released other than that information. The name of the shooter and those shot are
temporarily being with held. The Mall is closed tomorrow. How sad is that? Just out doing your
Christmas Shopping enjoying the hustle and bustle of the Season and the next thing you know people
are getting killed around you and you could be next. Please keep the families affected by this tragedy
in your prayers. And pray that this young girl makes it. She had multiple gun shot wounds.

OK, that was kind of a sad conclusion to our day here...but it just proves over and over to me that
you never know what can happen...you just have to always be on the alert these days.

Off to read and then hit the hay,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Dec 12 2012 12:28:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  08:08:05 AM  Show Profile
Peg, saw that sorry to say.
Patsy, good news all the way around Bless God.
Tammy, Praying for your situation, that the right door will open and you will be squarely in His will.
Well it is getting curiouser and curiouser. The new attorney's wife came in with the intention of learning what I do here since his secretary is not in the least interested. She was staggered by the amount of stuff I do daily and terrified when she learned that 12/26 was to be my last day. I have a feeling that he was hoping watching her try to type with two carpal tunnel braces on would soften my heart a bit. It just may have worked. There is no way she is able to take this over. However if I do decide to continue to work for a bit then there have to be a few changes. I will work as a contract paralegal, I set my hours, it is going to be a bit more expensive and I may chose to work from home instead of driving in all the time. We shall see.
God Bless us every one!!

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  09:25:27 AM  Show Profile
I hadn't heard of that tragedy. Our world is just getting so far from God and it's burning itself up. Glad I live in the middle of nowhere!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Gypsy
True Blue Farmgirl

823 Posts

Tammy
Wolford North Dakota
USA
823 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2012 :  2:45:28 PM  Show Profile
PeggyAnn - it was all over the news here. I'm waiting for the stupid backlash against guns again. Have they found a reason why the guy did it? It was so random and senseless. Praying your tea gets there soon

Cherime - Similiar situation here with the Dictector leaving. Nobody knows her job and I've only been here 4 months. The Board is clueless about how much stuff she does. There's a lot that angers me about how the Board is dealing with her leaving which makes it less likely I'll stay even if the job doesn't materialize. If you think you can work from home go for it. It would be nice money for you and no commute. It's so easy now with email and faxes to work from home. Heck you can even conference call if need be with Skype.

Since I finished up my work for the day I thought I'd jump on since I have to work Bingo tonight. I'm sort of glad I was gone Saturday because they seriously messed up the paperwork for the Bingo and it took 3 days to correct. Nice to be able to say "I wasn't there" LOL. That and it shows I do a good job that it's not messed up like that when I do it :O) Bingo has been getting pretty slow for some reason.

Weather was warmer today - I think we were supposed to get to 30. I did some errands and nearly took my coat off it felt so warm after the single digits we've been having. Nearly finished my red dishcloth last night. Finished off the last few rows this morning that I had left so I just need to bind off and it will be done. Picked up the white yarn for the snowflake dishcloth today - last skein they had so I was glad I didn't wait any longer. Also picked up some neat mesh type ribbon yarn called Sasha. I knitted a scarf for myself and everybody loves it and comments about it so I thought I'd do one in blue for my Director. It's harder to knit with because you have to knit through the mesh instead of wrapping the whole thing around the needle.

Well have customers in the gift shop so I'll say good night.

Farmgirl Sister # 2363
Jamestown, ND
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page