Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 A Farm of My Own
 VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic
Page: of 669

country treasure
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

judy
SK
Canada
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2012 :  12:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Happy Thanksgiving Friends!
Yummy.....I'm thinking turkey thoughts so please save a wing for me. The BEST part! LOL
Enjoy!
Hugs Judy

country wishes!
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  3:28:25 PM  Show Profile
Hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving!
I got sick in the afternoon.Achy, queasy and sleepy(sounds like some of the 7 dwarfs)hahaha Mama said she didn't feel too good either and had to take some cold medicine before bed. I went to bed at 8 and got up at 11 this morning. Wow! Can I sleep or what? I still felt queasy half the day, but then it let up. Still taking it easy for the rest of this day. Patsy called and I told her to stay with her daughter a couple more days in stead of coming back here today! They don't need to catch anything from me. Jim surely doesn't need that! They will stop by here to pick up the rest of their stuff on their way home. Sunday probably. Glad they are having a good time at her DD. Her DS and DIL flew back to CA today.
Well, heating some soup.
Nite Girlies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2012 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was lovely. Daughter has bronchitis but the medicine is starting to work. Then I was up all night with my son who had a stomach flu and vomited all night and part of the morning. But he's doing much better and even had some fas pa (sp). Right now they are watching OLD Christmas tv specials (I have a Christmas 3 dvd package of the old stuff aka the good stuff). We've had a lazy, lay on the couch having cat naps day. GLORIOUS. Tomorrow we'll make our Gingerbread village. Then it's time to start thinking of what to bake for Christmas and on the 6th I get to decorate!!!! I love December 6th. Up goes the tree and all the decorations. I've always looked forward to it. It's a German thing. In Germany, back in the day, December 6th was Santa Claus day. He had nothing to do with December 25th. So everyone decorated and put out their shoes for Santa Claus and then Christmas was all about Christ as it should be. My family didn't do the entire German thing but we do decorate for Christmas and enjoy the day. Santa Claus has a very small part of Christmas. As in stockings. Christmas is about our Lord and Savior. I even have an ornament where Santa is kneeling before the Christ Child. :)

Excuse the mess & the noise, my children are making happy memories

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  01:15:42 AM  Show Profile
Well Ladies...It's Beginning to Look A LOT like Christmas around here.
My apartment is decorated and the tree is trimmed and even Mr. Scrooge thinks
it looks nice. LOL He thinks we should forgo decorating since we no longer
have kids at home. Ha! I am all the "kid"...I need. Hee Hee! I told him that even
if he was gone...I would still be decorating, because I can and because I love to and
because it makes me "Happy". My mom who is 79 and my Auntie who is 73 decorate...and
they each live all alone. So, it is in my blood...I just have to do it.

Judy/Country Treasure...I'm still laughing over your email. It will bring a smile to my
lips for days. It is amazing to me that both our Judy's have a "funny bone" running through
them. There must be something about that Name! LOL

Judy...I am so sorry to hear that you got sick on T-day! Not fun girlie. Take care of yourself.
And thank you for the beautiful Thanksgiving E-Card.

Right now I am listening to Kenny Rogers Christmas CD called "The Gift". I just love it. One of my
favorite. I have a stack sitting here that I can pop into my Computer while I type. I think I have
listened to this one CD 3 times in a row now. Tee Hee! At this rate it will take me days to get
through my stack.

Netty...glad that you too had a Wonderful Thanksgiving. My favorite part is getting together with
Family. The Food is great...but it just tastes better shared doesn't it?

Kimberly...pretty table all decked out with the fine China. Lovely! Sorry, the kiddos are sick.
It seemed like atleast one of my kids was really sick everything Thanksgiving. Just that time
of year.
Wow...you make an entire Ginger Bread Village! I'm impressed. I thought I did good if I got one
Gingerbread House done each year. I love to watch the Gingerbread House Competition every year
on The Food Network Channel. Do you ever watch it?
I liked hearing about your German Heritage on the Holidays. I also have Santa Kneeling at The Manger.
Had many of them in my Santa Collection (that I passed on to my youngest son) but I kept one of them
for myself. It is my favorite Christmas Decoration of all times. I also had many Nativities...but I only
kept my two favorites.

Well girls...it is 1:15 and I still have to go read for a bit before sleep
takes me to dreamland.

Blessings and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2012 :  10:20:15 AM  Show Profile
Happy Saturday girls,
I hope this finds you cozy and warm. It is a brisk 38 degrees and windy here today. Quite a change from a few days ago. I baked cookies today and hubby said he would help get the tree and things out so we could put it up. If we don't get it up this weekend it will be while before we would...with his schedule of school and wrestling.

I have been enjoying my days off. It has been nice to not have to go to work.

Judy sure hope you feel better take care of yourself.

Peggy sounds like you are ready for Christmas...love that you still think of yourself as a kid.

WEll I think I will make myself a cup of tea and do some crocheting on this cold blustery day.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~If Teacups Talked http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  02:53:58 AM  Show Profile
Well, everyone just left. I'm having a hard time. Terribly sad. I want to go home with them, but it isn't my home anymore. I'm just trying to maintain right now. We did have a wonderful weekend though. I'll be ok. I'll just keep telling myself that. Thankfully I have lots of homework to catch up on today to keep my mind busy. But it will be a sad day.
Glad you guys are here. Or at least will be when you wake up. It's almost 3am.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile

Fabric website: www.bunnyroseco.etsy.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  3:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Glad most everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and also glad ya'll are still able to waddle to yer puters (groaning and letting belts out)to share it all with me.hahaha
Kimberly, what beautiful plates. I love blue&white.So sorry to hear that the young'uns were sick. Something going 'round for sure.
I'm feeling better,but I had a headache off and on for the last 3 days. Miserable.Slept a lot too.
I like that Dec 6th thing. Very interesting, Tell us more about it. I like to hear about different nationality/traditions and things like that. Does anybody else have any to tell. Or even more memories from childhood...maybe things that your Grandparents use to do that you just thought about. Let's drag out and dust off the "Ole'Fashion Christmas" stories and share some real Christmas Joys.
BIG,BIG (((HUGS))) Bunny! Sorry you felt down after they all left. Patsy&Jim came by around 8AM this morning to pick up the rest of their stuff. So I got to give&get more hugs, but I felt empty after they left. A big'ole hole there inside my heart.So I know what you mean. They should be calling soon. It's almost 7 PM. They are taking their time again so as not to stress Jim!
Well today is hubby's birthday. We had a quiet day with just us. I gave him a bag of (stuff)from me and one from Mama. You know the kind of things they like...jerky...small toys...snack bars...brain teazers...crackers...more toys....nuts....are you seeing the pattern here?....LOL food and toys!!! hahahaaha So on that note,I'm going to take his 9 inch cake,marble with blue&white butter creme frosting,down to him...with 1 candle. If I put 58 on there, I'll have to call the fire department and tell them it's ok....just an old geezers Birthday! LOLROFL
Stay warm and have a great evening girlies!
Love Yuns!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  5:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Well, I had a very busy weekend. Thanksgiving went well, my son and daughter, Bob and I. We all ate alot. I had a 22lb. turkey, still have some left over. We do eat alot of turkey throughout the year. The craft show went very well. I sold double what my goal was. I had a big space, so things were spreadout more and easier to see. Sold out on some of my items, but only sold 1 apron. I did sell well over a hundred hats of different kinds, and lots and lots of scarves and other items. I am hoping to get things that are left on Etsy this week.
I will catch up with you all tomorrow. Have a great evening,
Jan

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2012 :  7:10:57 PM  Show Profile
Hey Judy
tell your hubby happy birthday. Today was mine as well. Hubby took me to Barnes and Noble and shopping and lunch. It was a great way to close out my vacation. Back to the butterflies tomoorrow. hope you get rid of that headache.
love to you all
tammy

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  12:02:17 AM  Show Profile

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEACHER TAMMY! From All Your Porchie Sisters

Did you get to buy something at Barnes and Noble???? I hope so!

Tell those little Butterflies to fly nice tomorrow...so your headache won't
flare back up!

Judy...good grief girl I am glad you're back on your puter and The Porch. We
don't like it when your sick and gone. Good Grief...You Are Our Comic Relief.
Tell DH happy birthday from The Porchies too. You and Mama...got him all the
right "Man Stuff" for his birthday. He is probably happy as a clam.

Janet...Yahoo! Glad your Craft Fair went so well. That is just awesome!!!
Proud of you girl!

Bunny..."Hugs, Sniffle, Hugs, Drying my eyes for you!" Is is hard to have
your kids leave and go back home. I am so sorry for the ache in your heart
today. Glad you had home work to help occupy your day. But I am so glad that
you weren't by yourself for thanksgiving and that you had family with you.
That is really what is most important. Family and friends!

This morning I woke up in time to go to Church but my body was exhausted.
So, I grabbed my comforter and my dog and went in and slept on my recliner.
When I woke up...I took Snickers for his walk...then came home and tuned in
to The Live Stream of our 1:00 oclock Church Service on my computer. I am
so glad that I missed the 11:00 oclock service because at this later service
The Holy Spirit took over, interupted the pre-planned service and moved in
and through his people. It was soooooooooo awesome. I can't even explain how
cool it was...to see the Lord just pitch-out the Window what had been planned
for the Worship Service and just do a new and better and more powerful thing.
Wish you all could have been there. I felt like I was right in the building
even though I was just on my computer. The Holy Spirit moved me just as deeply.
Then at the end of the Service the elders did a spontaneous annointing for who
ever felt they needed prayer and annointing (as taught in the book of James).
We have a large Church...and it is just a good thing this happened in the last
Service of the day...because people lined up in droves to be prayed over and annointed.
It was Awesome.

Ok...I have had that experience all bottled up inside me today and I just had to let
it out and share it. It was one of those 'shout it from the roof top' experiences.
Praise His Holy Name!

Off to bed to do a bit of reading. Yeah, Yeah...I do sleep too. For about 6 hours.
Hope you all have a Wonderful Monday! I have a shopping date with my son. Fun!!!!

love and sweet dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  06:09:40 AM  Show Profile
Judy, Thanks! I love my china. It's called Midnight Rose and I think it's lovely. There's a soup toureen I would love to have but um, cough, I can't spend that kind of money just to house some soup!!! But it would look so nice on the table. :) I love hearing about different cultures too. I just find it fascinating. Here's another thing we German's do. There's a pickle ornament that gets put on the tree and the person that finds it gets a special treat or present. That sucker is hard to find. My family complains bitterly that I am far to good at hiding it. :) I love traditions. Things that you can rely on happening and things that have special meaning behind them. When I was a youngster I remember getting concerned that I would start to become very selfish at Christmas time because being an only child, lets just say my parents were generous. And I wanted Christmas to be about Christ not how many gifts I was getting. So I asked my parents if we could read the Christmas story out of Scripture before we opened any gifts so that our minds were on the true celebration of the day. Every Christmas since that one we have done that. In my own little family we have a Birthday party for Jesus. I bake a little cake and we sing happy birthday and just talk a little about the gift of Christ and what it means for us. Yeah so a few more of my Christmas traditions.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  06:18:48 AM  Show Profile

Here's our Gingerbread village. Each member of the family decorated their own house. Then because I have nothing else to put it on we put down some white paper and the kids colored a frozen creek on it. I guess this is another tradition I started. One year I bought a gingerbread house kit and made it (poorly). And each year since the kids insist that we do it again. We did a Christmas train one year because my kids were Thomas the train crazy. This year we bought a little kit with four tiny houses in it so we could each have our own. Kids loved it and were old enough this year to actually do their own!!! The thing that I appreciate about it is we decorate and do this together and I know it's building special memories. You don't know how often the kids have asked me already when we are going to make our Christmas cookies and decorate them..... another tradition...... did I mention I'm a tradition girl????? :P

Hope those that were feeling ill are feeling better. Bunny, hope that you are feeling better too. I hate feeling like I'm in limbo but I feel like so much of my life is lived that way. Praying for peace for you.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  08:51:24 AM  Show Profile
Happy birthday Tammy!

*hugs to Bunny*

Cookies, anyone?

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  09:00:59 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday to our Birthday Girls! And Many, Many more.
Getting the GDD moved back into my place. I bit more difficult in winter as DS and I have to wire in another electrical circuit to take the heater that I got half price at Sears this weekend. That is a real blessing. There is a wood stove up there but I do not want her to use it as the door is not quite right and she could do some real damage as she does not know how to use one.
Kim, that is lovely china.
Jan, good job on that bazaar. Hoping to do well on the last one we are doing in December.
Peg, I do know what you mean on the wonder of the HS taking over the service. My DD was very sick last weekend and it took a lot out of her. She and DSIL barely made it to church. Then as the pastor gave the message of how God cares about everything that effects us I watched as she got stronger. When I spoke to her in the afternoon, she was back to her perky self. God is good all the time.
Back to the grind. Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1485 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1485 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  6:46:41 PM  Show Profile
Howdy Ladies,
Hope yall had a great day. It was back to the butterflies today but I took them ice cream to celebrate my birthday. Their little wings were in happy land.

Peggy of course I bought something at Barnes and Noble. I never leave there without somethings and hubby probably wishes I would...hahahahahah

Lovely china Kim

Bunny some hugs for you

Judy thank goodness you are back on the porch...missed your humor

well time to have tea and bit of reading and then to bed...I have to get used to getting up early again...I did like sleeping in a bit this last week.
love to you all
Tammy

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  7:14:30 PM  Show Profile
It is only 8 degrees right now, brrrrr!!! I went out to run errands this morning and only got a few things done, it was 17 degrees out. I cannot breath in that cold air, my lungs burn, so I started to feel badly and came home and have been coughing ever since. Drinking green tea with honey, hope that helps. I will make sure I stay indoors tomorrow. Hope all are doing well,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2012 :  7:43:02 PM  Show Profile
Jan, so glad that you had a good turnout for your craft show. I'd like to see some of your hats. Load up yer Etsy Girlie!!! LOL
TLTammy, Happy belated birthday, although I do believe that I sent you an e-card from Jackie Lawson. I just love her cards! So much detail and the animation is so beautiful.Get the butterfly net out after those little buggies if you have to. *giggle*
Thanks Gals for all the well-wishes for hubs. He loves the extra attention.
Peg, nice pic of that cake. Amazing isn't it? Wouldn't want to cut it. heehee
Don't you just love it when the Holy Spirit changes everything? My old church was like that. He just came in and changed the whole program. Gotta love a church that's open and invites God in. After all...it IS HIS House...isn't it?/! *warm feelings all over*
Kimberly, I know what you mean. I've always wanted a soup tureen too. But I can't see having something sitting around that you don't use very often. They don't stay hot very long either. I think the crockpot has me spoiled. *giggle*
My sister did the pickle thing with her 5 kids too. She still has her green glass pickle and puts it on her tree every year. Good memories. I know other people that have baked a cake for Jesus too. I think that's wonderful. As soon as I wake up on Christmas morning,I sing Happy Birthday to Him! It just starts the day off right for me. :) You go "Tradition Girl!" hahaahaha
Alyce, Thanks for the cookies! Yummmm!
Cherime, gotta love those half-price sales. I got Mama a coffee pot at our "Everything 1/2 Off" store here in town last week that'll knock your socks off when I tell you what kind and how much! It's a Cuisinart programable,all stainless 12 cup coffee pot with burr grinder built right in. You keep the hopper full of beans so that it can grind it, brew it to your specification and cup amount,then it shuts off and stays hot in the stainless carafe for hours. It was marked $349.00 and was marked down to $87.00. When I took it up to Deb, the manager, she said she wanted to look inside it because she thought it had beed purchased and brought back. So I said ok and I shopped around. When I went back up front she said that it had some ground up beans in it so it had been brought back, but all the parts were there and she even plugged it in and it worked fine. I said, "Ok Deb,how much would you take off for it being used"? And she said, "You can have it for $40.00!!!" ~Acccckkkk~ Really? Sold! hahaha She even said that I could bring it back if it didn't work. Mom and I were both thrilled. It works great,tastes super and everyone is happy! THE END! hahahaha How's that for a great buy?
Ok, well, it's bedtime. I'm tired. Like the rest of you...gonna go read a bit. I'm reading a book of 5 Christmas tales. Yup,it's that time of year.
Nite Porchies!(think I'll take another cookie Alyce.thanks again.please don't tell my Sissy that I'm eating cookies in bed) hahaha

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  12:50:20 AM  Show Profile
Evening Girlies...

Judy...that cake did look too good to cut huh?
Wowsie...you got a fabulous price on that coffee maker!!! I can see both you and mama doing "The Happy Dance" right out the door with everyone watchen ya.

Tammy...I am glad to hear you bought something at B&N. I can never get out of there without buying something. Hee Hee!

Kimberly...I always made Christmas Cookies with my boys too. All the fancy cookie cutters, all the icing and sprinkles. We made master pieces. They were always so yummy. I think we stopped 2 years ago...and my youngest is 27. LOL
But when the four of us went to see the Grand-daughters in
Oct. we made fancy Halloween Cookies with Madeline.
Loved your Gingerbread houses!

Janet...brrrrrr girl...I am shivering for you. It is 36 here and I am cold.

Alyce...thanks for the cookies. Yumo!

Cherime...I am still on a Holy Spirit high today over that service yesterday.
That is cool about your daughter at church. Thanks for sharing that.

Today my son and I went and did some Christmas Shopping together. We had fun!
Then I took him out to lunch because he is always treating me. It was a great
Monday! Cold, Crisp but Sunnny! Just the way I like it.

Well, lovelies it is off to bed and my book.

Love and Hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  06:12:35 AM  Show Profile
Judy - I need to go shopping with YOU!!!

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  06:16:25 AM  Show Profile
I hope you're feeling better, Janet!

Judy, may I come with you the next time you go shopping? If you have that kind of luck finding bargains, dang!

It sounds like most of us are off to a fun start to the season...glad y'all like the cookies!

I am having a frustrating week. Ric bought me pretty fabric to make myself a new Yule dress. I got it all cut out and pinned--and realized I don't have enough red thread! Argh! Going to pick that up tonight, as well as price the fabric cutter and steamer I would like under my tree.

On top of that, the radiators must not have done their job last night. When my alarm went off at five, I crawled out from under the covers and thought I'd stepped into an igloo! I had to turn on the oven to warm the place up while I was fixing Ric's lunch.

Wouldn't you know it, they finally kicked in as I was getting ready for work? LOL!

Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2428 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2428 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  06:36:36 AM  Show Profile
I coughed all night, and now up with a tight chest and coughing my head off. I really don't have that much of a fever, 99.4, but if it gets to 100.4, I must race to the ER. I have managed to stay out of the hospital for this for 6 years, before that, it was 6 times a year. They cannot put me on steriods anymore, because that was what gave me the bone disease I have that crumbles my bones. I am not sure what they could do for me, so am honkering down and hope for the best right now. Praying it does not get any worse. Less than 2 years and we can move from this cold air. It is 6 degrees right now. UGH!!!!!

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  07:15:40 AM  Show Profile
Oh no! Do you have a humidifier or anything?

Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  07:48:36 AM  Show Profile
Jan, praying for you.
Judy, that is a great buy!
Well all praising God this morning. Staying home from work to deal with furnace issues. It's -9 and I think my thermostat has taken a dive. But thanks to God I have some money and can fix this. I am blessed. I sure wish it would snow. Without snow to bank around the house, it is really hard to keep it warm. Called for a fuel delivery today. I figure it will be about $700 for around 150 to 175 gallons. But again God is good as I actually have the money to pay for it.
Peg, that is the absolute best joyful feeling ever!
Blessings ladies. I am off to the hardware store to buy a new thermostat. Pray that God sends an HVAC angel to install it. ;>)

CMF
Go to Top of Page

AliciaNak
True Blue Farmgirl

405 Posts

Alicia
Elko Nevada
USA
405 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  08:22:44 AM  Show Profile
Janet, praying for you here as well. Hunker down with a blanket and a good book.

Cherime, I sure hope your HVAC angel is with you! -9!!! Brrrrr! That super, bitter cold with out snow pack is miserable. Sending warm thoughts your way. =)

Judy, Congrats on your great find! My parents have one of those coffee pot/grinder machines and they love it. But boy is it noisy! Sounds like a helicopter is taking flight in the kitchen. hehe

Kimberly, very nice gingerbread houses! We make one some years, but we always do some cookies. Perhaps we'll do a small batch tonight or tomorrow, as this will be a very busy weekend.

DH is the Head Coach for our youth wrestling program and we have once again brought in an amazing clinician to have a "Weekend Warrior Camp". The clinician is Ken Chertow, and this year he is bringing in Rulon Gardner! To little ole' Elko! Still a lot to do before we start setting up Friday afternoon. Camp is Friday eve, Saturday all day, and Sunday morning.
So no going to cut the Christmas tree this weekend or cookie baking, but the boys (even DH, or especially DH) will have a blast at the camp. I'll be taking my crochet with me, find some quiet moments to tuck away and get a few projects done.

I'm liking that I don't have to go do milking chores in the snow and bitter cold (I'll send some of this 40 degree heat your way Cherime) but I WANT SNOW!! We need the water desperately!

Speaking of chores, I'm off to get the day started. I'll bring some homemade cream cheese to drizzle with home made chokecherry syrup and some gingerbread crackers next time. What a treat.

Have a great day ladies

Alicia
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.~Ralph Waldo Emmerson
www.blondenak.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Lieberkim
True Blue Farmgirl

839 Posts

Kimberly
Sunnyside WASHINGTON
USA
839 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2012 :  10:46:15 AM  Show Profile
Janet when I hear stories like yours is when I wish I had studied to be a ND!!! Do you have a humidifier? Vapor Rub? Spongia Tosta is a homeopathic medicine for cough. There are others too. Do you have any essential oils? I have some recipes for cough if you'll tell me what kind it is. Spasmodic, whooping, ticklish, dry or general. Hope you find something that helps.

Sister #4045
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 669 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page