Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:52:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone. Hope you all are feeling better. I had a flu bug for a few days. I did get a little sewing done in the mornings but then a fever showed up each afternoon. Feeling better today. Then of course because I got sick, my mom says she is sick. It was just an excuse to stay home from church and in bed all day. I'll be up and around more today and I get she has a miraculous recovery. She does whatever I do. It's like having a little sister that has to copy everything you do.
My son said I should apply for section 8 housing. My mom wants me to try too. That way if she loses the house she won't have to think about where I would go. She has more options than I do. I hate that I need help. But it would get me in my own place and maybe even closer to Portland. If I get the job I want it would help to be in that area.

Enough of my rambling. Some wishful thinking mostly. I had my phone interview with Accuquilt on Friday. She said they will get back to me in a few weeks. I just hope my school schedule doesn't put them off.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:
Handmade stuff http://www.etsy.com/shop/CuriousOrangeCat?ref=ss_profile
Fabric www.bunnyroseco.com

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Ladies!

It's another gorgeous morning here in MN. The overnight temps are in the 50's and so the windows have all been open for days now! Love the fresh air and the sounds of nature. It's been glorious! I worked in my garden some. I'm putting down cardboard and straw/hay etc. to make the ground all happy for next spring. We had a rough go of our new land this year and so it's been a lot of frustration, but now I feel hopeful to the outcome next year with all this prep we are starting to do. Gonna get some compost and old chicken bedding on top and some mulch. Have you watched the Back to Eden video yet? That's what's got me going on this crazy business. You can check it out here: http://backtoedenfilm.com/

We officially made it through the county fair and we all had fun and the kids did great! They are looking forward to bigger and better projects for next year. Their wheels are turning with excitement. So cute!

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a marvelous start to the week! Happy MONDAY!!!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  09:32:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies,
It is a beautiful day here. My last day of summer begin school tomorrow. I tidied up a bit this morning and then put supper in the crockpot and baked brownies for dessert. I think I will crochet this afternoon. Only six more rows and my first scarf will be done. It is pretty good if I don't say so myself...I am looking for project number two. I have become addicted to crochet...

Bunny so glad you are feeling better. I will pray that the housing issue will work out for you. What are you sewing on?

Judy good thing you showed up that porch posse was on their horses ready to search high and low for you.

well dryer goes off so I best go fold clothes and then eat a bite of lunch.
Be back later
Love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Porchies!

I'm back!

I've been trapped in my bed for a week now! I'm goin crazy! I went to the emergency room because the lump on my behind from several months back had gotten huge, red, hot, and so sore I couldn't sit anymore. God lined everything up just perfectly for me. The greatest dr I have ever known was workin that night, he had an amazin student dr workin with him, and there was almost noone there but us. They actually were willin and able to diagnose me and treat me. I had a very large cyst that had become inflamed and was beginnin to abcess.

They didn't want to wait for an or appointment, so they did the procedure in the er right then. It was definitely not comfortable, but they were pretty free with the numbin stuff. It was a horrible ride home, though. We found out that my metabolism is not friendly to any of the local anestesia(?). It breaks it down too quickly.

I am on some antibiotics that are so strong they gave me some nausea meds to take at the same time. I'm feelin pretty rough, but the pain is startin to recead now. They said that it would mess with my leg and back quite a bit as they readjust to the lack of pressure, just like it messed with them as the pressure has built up for years. Only this will be worse but shorter, as it is a sudden change.

I have to go to a clinic that the dr runs in 2 months and have the cyst removed. They were only able to drain it and remove a tiny part of it. The inflammation and infection had them worried about doin too much right then. I have no insurance and he was tryin to keep me from havin to stay. The hospital I went to is known for forgivin er debt, but not inpatient care. Thats why he referred me to his clinic. It's income based and has influence at the hospital for or usage.

My so so so sweet Hubby got his mom to take the kids and he set me up big time in our room. He moved a table up there and brought my coffee pot, the microwave, our campin minifridge, lots of food and drinks, and books to read up stairs. That's where our bathroom is, so I had to stay there. I couldn't handle the stairs at all! I had my kindle, a stack of books, some colorin books and a brand new set of 50 colored pencils. He even let me buy a bunch of new books for my kindle! I was so spoiled! He cooked for me, made my plate, brought it to me, and did the dishes!

I had my very own minivacation. If only I didn't hurt so much I could have really enjoyed it.

Well, I spent a week workin on new things to do with the girls schooling and new ideas to help with the spellin lists and math facts. I guess I had better go try a few and see if I came up with any ideas that will work!

Oh! By the way, my 3y/o DD decided she was a big girl and didn't need her "plugs" (read passifier) any more. She gathered them up and threw them away all on her own. Then grandma took her shoppin for anything she wanted as a prize. She chose a vtech pad that teaches letters and words. She said big girls can read, so she needs to learn! I've put together a preschool program for her and we will be workin on it today. I think she's a bit young, but she thinks she's ready. I don't want to tell her no! I just wasn't quite ready to take on 2 a day just yet!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  5:29:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam, I sure hope you start feeling better soon. Hopefully the dr. will find what is wrong and nothing too serious.
April, we were 39 this morning. It has been cold at night here for over a week now, but I don't mind it at all. We don't have air, so have had our windows open all summer, but now some of them are closed due to the autumn air. I am not ready to close them all yet. I wore shorts today, but think it is now time to start wearing long pants again.
Judy, good to hear from you again. Hope you can stay for awhile now.
Tammy, I bet you are happy to get back to your little butterflies. 20 of them!!!! Nice and colorful, heh?
Angela, I am so sorry you have been is so much pain. It was good that you went to the ER and got it taken care of. Be careful for infection and hope it heals and you are able to get that syst taken out for good. Take it easy. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  6:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Girls,

I have had a very slow worn out day. I think last week has caught up with me. I had a lot of energy then, none now.

Tomorrow I have to can some more pickles and a small amount of tomato juice. My daughter is going to help me so that will help me out a lot.

Pam....I hope you can find out what is going on with you. I get like you some, my getting tired is from my diabetes. If my sugar gets to high all I want to do is sleep and sleep. Take care and let us know how your are after your Doc. appt.

Angela....Oh my gosh girl, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I cannot imagine the pain. So glad you are getting it taken care of tho. I am right there with you with no insurance. My husband and I need so much help with out physical health, but the cost is so outlandish and of course we owe so much now you hate to go be seen for anything else. So like many others we plug along as best as we can.

Sorry this is so short. I think my brain is fried for tonight.

Everyone take care

Netty
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  10:31:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, bet ya thought I wasn't going to make it tonight. I had to...I promised Peggy! *giggle* Ok Possee, git down offa them horses! LOL Man, I don't know what got into me, but for about a week, I've been cleaning up a storm, moving things around, throwing stuff out. Is it spring-cleaning time again or what? hahahaha I know my sister and some of her younguns are coming home for Thanksgiving, but that's a couple of months away yet. Of course we all know how fast that can fly by,so maybe it isn't all that crazy to start now.Maybe it has to do with these 70 degree days and 50 degree nights.I didn't clean hardly at all when it was 80 and 90....shoot....I tried not to even move, let alone do anything. Tonight my back is moaning at me and letting me know that it needs a day off. hahaha
Angela, so sorry to hear about all of your pain, but so glad that you got it taken care of and that your so so so sweet hubby took such good care of you afterward. What a wonderful man! I'd keep him if I were you! *giggle*
I was at McDonalds last week and this girl my age and I started chatting and 2 1/2 hours later we said we better call it quits because our husbands would wonder where we were. But we just hit it off so well and freely talked about God and churches and we laughed a lot.
She has cancer but is in remission right now. She said she has had chemo so many times. She is so upbeat though. You'd never know that she was so sick.She said that since God had spared her so many times,she wasn't afraid to approach people and talk about the goodness of God and His plan for their lives. She was amazing and just drew people to her. So Sunday I went to church with her since I don't have a church of my own anymore. Everyone there was so friendly and I enjoyed the service but the music was more upbeat than I'm use to. It's unusual,but they sing acapella. No piano or organ. And the music is so harmonious and beautiful. They just blend together so beautifully. Their song leader is a vibrant man with a very nice baritone voice. He just starts singing and everyone follows.
I can't wait to go again Sunday. I may try the early service. They have a 6 PM service. That's rare.I love night services. They are a nice end to the Sabbath day. They even have a bible study on Wednesday evening. That would be nice to join too.
Well, I need to get to bed. My back is telling me to. hahahaha
Good-night Porchies!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6429 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6429 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  01:14:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Very Very Early Tuesday Mornen Girls...

I had fun out in my VW Bug today...running all my errands and spending way too much money.
I'm beat tonight though. And on top of all that I fell in my living room today. I was backing up looking at something and tripped over one foot stool, twisted my entire body and fell onto another footstool and then onto the floor. I am so glad that I was in my house...I felt like an idiot! I think I will be sore tomorrow *today*.
I am suppose to go help youngest son do some housework to surprise his fiance. How I get talked into these things is beyond me. I barely have the energy to keep up my own place with my Fibro acting up. Oh well, Shane does so much for me...I can hardly say "NO"...even though I wish I could. LOL

Shanda..I missed Church Sunday too because of the Fibro. I just can't sit that long when I am in so much pain. Don't know how you made it for evening church. I am so happy God understands!

Pam...wow girl, hope you find out what is wrong when you go to the Dr. Thursday. Will be praying for you.

Dianne...I can't remember, are you a teacher or do you work in the office at School? Our schools here don't start until the first week of Sept.

Bunny...was getting ready to send The Possie after you as soon as we got done at Judys. LOL Sorry to hear that you were sick!! Did your mom have a miraculous healing?? LOl That is so funny! I think you should try for section 8 housing. It would be great for you to get back out on your own again.

April...glad the Fair was a great experience for the kids. You sound like you got yourself a lot of work going on.
How was your families visit? Hope you enjoyed them.

Teacher Tammy...Happy First Day of School!!

You should try to crochet a simple shawl next. That would be nice to snuggle up in, this winter.

How is Jax doing? Is he adjusted after the move? It usually takes them a little while.

Angela...I remember that you had problem with that cyst before. I hope they can remove it for you after all the swelling and infection is gone. I use to get an occassional bartholen cyst flair up. Those are sooo painful too...being right in the groin area. I had to have them lanced everytime too. But that's what having good "Whoopy" does for you! LOL

Hope you heal up soon. You are blessed to have a good man who will take care of you.

Hi Janet...whatcha up to girl???

Netty...you probably did over do helping your son last week.
Glad your daughter is going to help you with the canning and juicing.

Judy...well, I am glad to know you keep your promises girl. LOL What ever has got you doing the House Cleaning Dance...YOU GO GIRL! You will be happy when November comes around and the cleaning will be easier because of all your hard work now.

That is so cool about you meeting that gal at Mickie D's. I call those Divine Interventions. All on God's Agenda. That is lovely that you got to go to Church with her. Sounds like a Non-Instrumental Church of Christ...am I right?

OK...my brain is fried, my body is protesting and I need to get up in 7 hours and go put it through more torture. You know what they say,
"If done right...
Housework Can Kill Ya!" I believe it too!

Nighty Night My Lovelies...
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 21 2012 01:20:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  05:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Short and sweet as I am off to work shortly and have a couple of things that must be done before leaving.
Pam, Janet, Angela, Netty, praying for you all. Blessings and comfort.
Peggy, funny how those little VW are almost sports cars. They corner nice too. Sometimes it is hard to keep your foot out of the carburetor ;>)
Got a couple of things crossed off the honey do list and my son and I hope to be able to get a few more on Thursday.
Yep, summer here is usually intense and short. But it is what it is.
God bless us all, each and every one according to the need.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  08:43:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judy, so wonderful you found a new friend and a church you like. I guess McDonalds is good for something other than fattening food.

Peggy, I think we can all feel your pain with falling like that. I'm thankful you were at home too. I have fallen outside and felt like crawling under a rock. So embarrassing. Hopefully you won't feel too bad today.

I didn't have the flu. Instead it turned into one of the worse fibro flares I have had in a long time. So much pain I could hardly sleep last night. I think I have just been doing too much in the sewing room.i have made a few too many commitments and have to have everything done before school starts. I was doing so well, but paid for it in the end. Funny thing is, that means my mom didn't have the flu either. As usual she uses it as an excuse to be lazy. My biggest problem with section 8 is I still have to come up with deposits and find someone willing to rent to me with cats. I don't want to live in an apartment for that reason. but I will at least apply and then see what happens. I will probably take about a year to get approved anyway. I'm hoping maybe I could move closer to Portland. I want away from The Dalles for sure!
My bankruptcy hearing is the middle of September. It will be so nice to have that done finally.

Well today is a stay in bed day. I need to rest up for the quilt show this weekend in Hood River. I'm teaching all day Saturday so will be on my feet most of the day. Thursday and fridaymi am doing a demo on my die cutter to drum up more students. But I on,y have to do that for a few hours.

Later all. Angela and Pam hope you are feeling better soon. Peggy, hope your body is nice to you today.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

natesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1735 Posts

angela
martinsville indiana
USA
1735 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  09:49:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Porchies!

Judy...Don't ya just love a warm and loving church! I get into those cleanin frenzies sometimes too. Even more so after a long spell where I haven't been able to do much for whatever reason.

Peggy...I hate fallin in front of people! I always feel so stupid. I usually do it after just tellin the kids not to trip over somethin then I do it!

Bunny...I have a MIL who claims to always be sick so she can get others to do her work for her. The problem is she has major issues, so people have a hard time tellin if she needs help or not. One of these days she's gonna really need help and noone will believe her. Hope your pain eases! I know that has to really make life hard!

I've got so much to do, but I'm still pretty sore. It makes it hard to do much when your bum hurts. Walkin, sittin, bendin, standin, and layin on my back or left side is painful. Takin a bath was an adventure last night! WOW! The kids are helpin with keepin things picked up and runnin the laundry up and down the stairs. It's just not what I would normally call clean. I guess I'll get to it eventually.

I am makin a little headway with some of the girls schoolin. My little preschooler is just zippin through the books we picked up from the dollar store and walmart. I bought all those cheapy 'learnin readiness' books they sell. They are almost all color and shape identification, matchin and different, with just a page or 2 of tracin letters. I found 8 different ones and she has completed 4 in one day! She loves them! Hubby went out and picked up a couple of those really thick ones that claim to have 'complete kindergarten readiness' in them. I think I'm gonna have to figure out how to create some of my own exercises for her before we go broke buyin stacks of workbooks every week!

I'm off to get the girls busy makin dinner! That's home ec you know!

Farmgirl Sister #1438

God - Gardening - Family - Is anything else important?
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

685 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
685 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  11:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow everyone is so busy. I am just about to pop outside with some yarn, working on granny squares. Keeping everyone in my thoughts, this is the best day in months.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  1:30:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good afternoon ladies,
It is a beautiful day here and I have to say I so enjoyed being back in the normal routine of going to school etc. I have 18 butterflies and boy do they flutter their wings. I am a bit worn out today so to bed early...well after bible study tonight with my sweet sistas...haven't been in several weeks now so ready to get back into it.

Judy...good gracious girl I nearly found a horse myself to get your butt here before the posse took off. sounds like cleaning out is good you will be glad of it...I know i was after our move.

Peggy what color is your bug? I always wanted one but maybe someday! Jax is doing wonderful. Once we found his toys he was like this is home. Our older golden retriever is not adjusting well. I think he is a bit homesick for the other place so we have been giving him extra loving...hopefully soon he will think of it as home.

angela praying for you my girl. Make sure you take it easy.

Oh peggy a shawl might be somthing I try...finished my scarf and thought it came out quite well. anxious to get going on another project and now we have a quilt store close so I can finish my table runner as well.

Well I have a teacher social this evening and thne bible study. but just wanted to pop in and see how everyone was today.

Love to you all
tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  1:39:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, I miss our VW - we used to have a '67 Beetle - that little thing was so much fun to ride around in!

We have two broody hens sitting on eggs, some of them started hatching out today! So far we have a Black Orpington, an Ameraucana, and a Light Brahma, but :( we found that one dead. One is hatching out - we could hear it so my sister checked and saw a pip in the egg but haven't seen the chick yet. The ones left from this batch will be one more Black Orpington and two more Light Brahmas, and then the other hen is sitting on Silkie and Cochin eggs. They should hatch tomorrow or the next day. Soon we'll have more chickens than we know what to do with!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:10:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,Yes Peg, you are right about the Church of Christ. What's that all about? I mean, they had musical instruments in Bible times.Do you know anything to de-mystify this for me? What????....you fell again???? Haven't I told you before to go easy on the OJ shot and Milk Chaser? Crazy woman! You'll never learn!hahaha *rolls eyes* So glad you are ok. How can you clean a house after that little escapade?
Oh, my beetle handles great in snow&ice too, so don't expect it to be a sled, because I couldn't get it to slide at all when I tried.
Angela, how exciting to have a little one who's so excited to learn a such a young age. Amazing!
You watch, around the time she starts middle school(jr.high we called it)she'll taper off and it'll be a fight just to get her to do her homework.(hope not)
We had a nice sunny/breezy day in the high 70's so we decided to go to a County Fair(i was out of cotton candy don't ya know)heehee It got pretty hot after we got there because all the clouds cleared away. Then after about 2 hours it got real dark and started to sprinkle. We made it to the car and started home before the heavier rain hit. Then when we got home it got sunny again. hahaha Strange weather.
Well, I'm all in.
G'Nite Gals!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2012 :  5:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi gals, just a quickie tonight. I am beat after working today, then making supper, then had to run to Walmart. I am ready to just go to bed. I think I will be working through Saturday, that will be 8 days with only Sunday off. I am not used to working that much anymore. I usually only work on Fridays, sometimes Saturdays too if my son has an auction to go to. I don't mind helping him out though, it is nice to have people to talk to during the day, otherwise it is just me and Olivia (the dog) and she does not talk back to me that much. Hard to have a conversation. LOL!!!
More tomorrow. Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6429 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6429 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  12:11:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Chatty Porchies...Love when everyone is all abuzz.

Cherime...I feel like you do...My Little VW Bug is just like driving a little sports car. Just Zippen here and zippen there. My husband has gone back to driven his old Buick because I've needed the Bug the last two days. I think he is much happier in that old car...so, he will probably drive it until it won't go anymore. LOL

Bunny...Oh, sorry girl that you were having a Fibro Flare...I wondered about that. You do realize if you move closer to Portland the weather will affect you more (like when you came home from the Beach last summer.)

Between my fall and my Fibro and my son trying to give me insulin overload today...I am just wiped out. We got a lot done at his house and his fiance was was very pleased. She did not like how my son decided to rearrange the living room furniture (either did I) and he was pretty sure he would have to move it back after she saw it. LOL Smart man not to get his feelings hurt over it.

My son, was reading how good Bee Pollen was for inflamation etc. So, he made me a Fruit Smoothie with Bee Pollen in it...and I sipped on it the whole time we were working. Well, after we were done he decided to take me out to lunch for helping him. We were at Baha Fresh and all of a sudden I hit a wall and I was just too tired to even eat my lunch. So, we took it to go...and I said, "I think we better leave the Bug at your house and I will just have you take me home...I have got to sleep NOW!" Well, after I woke up from my nap...I got to thinking about what he told me he put in the smoothie and that is when it hit me...that I had a huge sugar spike. My diabetis did not like that fruit smoothie one bit. So, much for it giving me an energy boost...it did the exact opposite. LOL

I am not as sore from the fall as I thought I would be. But what's one pain compared to pain all the time??? Hard
to diverentiate.

Good luck with the Quilting Show this weekend Bunny. Too bad you can't just go and enjoy it instead of working at it too.

Angela...thankfully I only fell in front of my dog...and he likes me no matter how funny I look or stupid I act. LOL He did kind of look at me like, "Huh, what are you doing down here in my space?" *tail wagging*

Hello Emily...glad to have you on the Porch today. What are you making with your granny squares? I have an afghan sitting in my closet...waiting for colder weather...so, I can finish putting it together. This was my first granny square project. I found out that I like making them more than sewing them together. LOL

Teacher Tammy...so glad that you had a good first day of school with your 18 little Butterflies.

My Bug is silver.
Has a Moon/Sun Roof. I want to buy eye lashes for it but my husband feels funny driving around with the orange gerber daisy
in it. I don't think he is going to go for Eye Lashes! I would love them though.

Lindsey...you had one of those first "LIL" Bugs didn't ya?
They are much different than the ones like Judy and I have. These feel so roomy inside, the heat works really well in them LOL, they even have seat warmers. They have A/C besides opening the sun roof and widows. And most noticable to me when I first got in a newer one...there is lots and lots of room between you and the windshield, not like the old bugs. That makes me feel safer too.

Judy...my first 16 years of being a Christian...I attended the Instrumental Church of Christ. Not accepted by the Non-Instruementalists. When I traveled the country with my ex-husband (a Musician) I attended some Non Instruement Churches...but when they found out I was from an Instrumental Church...well let's just say they had issues with that.
I, however could worship with them and I was fine with the difference though I preferred the Instruements.

Over the Last 20 years...we have attended The Christian Church. They are
Instruemental. One thing I will say for the Churches of Christ...they maybe a bit on the strict and ultra conservative side of The Faith...but they are strong Preachers and Teachers of The Word. I appreciate all the teaching I got during those first 16 years of my Christian Life. I am the Bible Study Teacher I am today because of the indepth study of the Bible that I learned during those years.

Anyway, I totally believe that God doesn't care as much about The Name Over the Door where we worship...He cares more about the name written on our Hearts. HIS!

Janet...did I mix you and Netty up, with who was working for their Son??? I have been so tired...I can easily get mixed up about most anything. But it sounds like I am not alone. Ha Ha! I would love to see a picture of your little Olivia.

OK girls...I have nothing on my agenda for tomorrow...so, hope I can sleep in. That sounds heavenly...don't know if it will happen but I am sure going to give it my best shot.

Night My Porchies
Sweet Dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2012 12:17:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

alterationsbyemily
True Blue Farmgirl

685 Posts

Emily
Thomasville PA
USA
685 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  05:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, it will be an afgan someday. But I like to sit and put them together, we will see how well they go together. I love your comment too about god not caring about the name over the door of the church.

Well ladies, I sat on my front porch for about a half hour this morning waiting for my daughter's first bus. I am a bit of a ball of emotions right now. I think I might make another square or two right now.

---
Farmgirl #2951
No longer renting, offical farmgirl.
Check out my new blog at http://simpileeliving.blogspot.com/
And my new Etsy listings http://www.etsy.com/shop/alterationsbyemily
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  05:53:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bunny blessings on the quilt show financially and physically. Praying for things to ease up for you.
Peg, I did enjoy my VW a lot. Mine was a bit slower what with being a diesel, not quite so much pickup but zippy non the less.
As of yesterday it appears that God is shutting the door on working for the other attorney. His secretary does not want to try to learn anything from me. I think she feels threatened and intends to strike first so that I do not infringe on her position. I hate and detest office politics. I suffered through that for years when I first went to work for the guys because of a woman who worked there and WILL NOT do so again. Like the old Eagles song I am "already gone" On 1/1/13 it will just be official. My son wants me to hang out my own paralegal shingle. I had a growing business on the side before my DH got so sick. That just might be the way to go.
God Bless us each and every one. Have a great day ladies.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2376 Posts

Bunny
The Dalles OR
USA
2376 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  09:58:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, too bad about the bad sugar rush. At least you were able to figure out what it was. No more smoothies for you! Your bug sounds cute. Probably kinda nice to have two cars... At least for a while. I have thought about the fibro and living in Portland. I'm here for at least a year until school is done. I figure a lot can happen in a year. I know I can live in Hood River without any big change. I wish I was able to go to Portland more often to test it. But that would mean shopping and that means money... So I can only guess right now.
I'm glad your fall wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

Emily, sorry you are having a hard day with first day of school. I was able to quit working when my son started school and helped in the classroom a few days a week. That helped a lot. If you have the time, you might see if you can be a classroom helper.

Cherime, hanging your own shingle sounds like a wonderful idea. But you might get more business than you can handle. I bet you would be in big demand!

I'll be able to enjoy the quilt show tomorrow even though I'm doing demos. I will only do it in the morning for a few hours. At least as long as people are interested. I only hope I don't look like a pathetic sales woman. I just think too many people don't understand the technique and my cutting tool. I'm also a bit disappointed the organizers are putting me outside. They don't get it either. I'm trying to get more students which makes them more money too.

Well, today is pack the truck day. Hopefully by doing it ahead I'll have time to make sure I don't forget anything.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738
My blogs:
www.curiousorangecat.com
www.bunnyrose.com
My shops:

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

FarmDream
True Blue Farmgirl

1085 Posts

Julie
TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi ladies! Waiting for the laundry to dry so I'm popping in and catching up. Been busy getting ready for our spiritual pioneering month in September. I'm also working on the fence for the new garden. I'm so happy when things work like how I imagined them. I'll get fence pics up soon. DH's office manager contacted HR and they told her DH was in the right. She had to swallow hard and apologize to DH. She is being syrupy sweet to him now. The boss is coming back next week and she probably does not want DH mentioning her fiasco to him. It's like As the World Turns at that office sometimes. We've had a smidge of rain. I appreciate the cloud cover even if it doesn't rain. It's unbearable to work outside otherwise. Our baby bunnies are doing great and DH expanded the bunny yard some more to make room. I'm still having some down moods and keeping an eye on it. Yesterday I made sugar cookies and icing but couldn't bring myself to get the icing on them. I was too tired. I think stress is getting me. The rest of this week I am trying to only do a few things and mostly sit around and recharge. One funny thing happened to me this week. You will think of I Love Lucy when I tell you. The back window in my van dropped down. DH fixed it up but said don't roll it down. Ok, no problem. Well, it fell down again...while I was in the car wash!!! I hopped in the back and was trying to get the window up before the sprayer came back around. I could not get it up and had to jump back in the front and just laugh. I sat through the rest of the car wash and now I have a clean and waxed back seat. We will have to see about it getting professionally fixed on Friday. Yep, that devil is trying real hard to get to me.

Megan- I hope your school year goes well. They never had rugby where I went to school. I don't know if I would do very well, though. The Irish Fest sounds fun. We enjoy going to those as well.

Peggy- All your flowers and heart shaped surprises are beautiful. We have some heart shaped cactus around here. Now that's odd! Your BAT sandwich sounds yummy. I love "feminizing" items, like your gerber daisy and wanting to get eyelashes. Because then the DH's don't want to touch the stuff..hehehe.

April- Congrats to your kids. I don't think we'll get time to do an entry into the fair this year. I was hoping we would but I'm just too busy. I HAVE watched the Back To Eden video. Isn't it exciting? That's why we are making our new gigantic wonderful garden. The lady at the dirt place got huge saucer eyes when I told her it was a 32 foot by 40 foot garden. I'm really looking forward to trying this method.

Dianne- Ha ha ha!! We have Century Link, too. Your comment was too funny. Thanks for your prayers for DH and me. If you have any extra yarn I would love to try it. I'm using a sock weight mohair right now for a shawl/scarf.

Lindsey- I'm with you, I love Fall!! The Farmer's Almanac is listing Fall at one of the earliest times ever. I hope that means a nice long winter. Of course winter here is mostly above freezing. Your picture of library books is inspiring! No, really. It makes me want to go out and play in my compost pile. I love the library. I'm sure one day they will disappear but hopefully not in my lifetime. Congratulations on all your new chicks.

Netty- I have 2 freezers, too. When there is a sale on meat/bacon I love having them. I put other things there as well for a hiding place. Candy and cookies to hide them from DD...hee hee. I agree with you about not spraying. There is evidence showing that it is killing the bees. When I took a bee class I was amazed at how much pollination bees do. We are sunk without them.

Cherime- Oh I wish our leaves were turning. Turning brown and dead doesn't count. Where are you Fall?!

Alyce- Happy your DH told that homewrecker to leave him alone.

Angela- Oh my! I'm glad your rear end is getting better. What a terrible time. Hopefully you are on the mend now. Your daughter sounds precious. Wish mine would decide whether she is a big girl or still a baby.

Judy- I get the Fall cleaning bug, too. I figure if I gotta sit all winter looking at it, it better be stuff I want to look at. Glad that God has finally sent someone to drag you to church. Ha ha!

Teacher Tammy- You might enjoy making a small afghan next. I like the ones what use the giant hooks and have big stitches. They work up real fast so there's lots of positive instant gratification for you. The Lion Brand Yarn website has lots of free and easy projects.

Bunny- Good luck with your quilt show!

~FarmDream is Farmgirl Sister #3069

Live Today, Cherish Yesterday, Dream Tomorrow

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BitsofEntropy?ref=si_shop
http://julie-rants.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3375 Posts

Judy
USA
3375 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  2:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Peg, I have gerber daisies too, an orange one and a gold one. We ARE twins. hahaha I put them in the vase for Fall. I have tulips for Spring, daisies for Summer and I go all out for Christmas/Winter. Then hearts for Valentines, shamrocks for St Patty's.... well, let's just say that this car is fun to dress up....better than a cement goose on the porch! hahahaha And yes, I have considered the eyelashes too. hahaha My Mom's neighbor calls my heated seats my "Bun-Warmers!" ROFL
Is your car all leather? So easy to care for. Thanks for the church info. I don't care where I go as long as I'm "Spititually fed!" If I don't feel that I'm getting that....I'm moving on! I do like strong preaching and music that touches my heart....oh....and a place where people aren't afraid to raise their hands in Praise and say Amen out loud when the Spirit moves them and they agree with the message!
Well, We had to take Mama to the ER this morning for a strange rash that has mysteriously polluted her whole body. She is miserable. When she ASKS us to take her there.....she's had enough. She didn't even tell me about it until 3 days ago and even then she acted like it was just a little itching. This poor woman was almost a solid welt of red rash. Poor thing. They just gave her a script for prednisone and told her to take benadryl. I already told her to start benadryl and use some cortisone cream. They didn't even give her any cream for the itchy welts. I will take her some tomorrow when I check on her. Benadryl cream or caladryl clear works wonders for me.
My shingles flared up yesterday too. Bad timing. My lower gums started to swell and get irritated and the same side of my scull above my ear started to hurt. Luckily Dave had some anti-viral capsules from his cold sores left, so I started those. What timing for Mama&Me!
Like Mama...like Daughter! hahaha
Toodles for now!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 23 2012 9:51:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

MeadowCrone
True Blue Farmgirl

220 Posts

Bernadine
Island Park and Salem ID
USA
220 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  8:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been stalking...lol. I love your chatter and would love to meet you all in person. Is it ok to just jump in?

Today I bought a beehive. I don't have a veil and I am filled with information and no practice. Hopefully those poor bees survive me. I have a mentor, he owns Cox's Honey. The hive was owned by a lady who got stung and doesn't want it anymore. I've always wanted bees...I guess you should be careful for what you ask for:)

Farmgirl #121
Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2012 :  8:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I'm sending hugs and prayers to anyone who needs them!
The first day of school was great! I love all of my teachers, and I'm looking forward to hopefully a good year. I hope everyone has great Thursdays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6429 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6429 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2012 :  01:12:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi My Porch Girlies...

Emily...oh, the first day of school is harsh on mama's hearts. I remember all too well.
I liked Bunny's suggestion about volunteering in your child's classroom. I did that too and it really did make a difference
both for my son and me.

Cherime...You and me girlfriend when it comes to office politics. Especially a female office. I don't like it one bit. I have always preferred working with men over women. Women can really get so caddy and insecure in the work environment. I even warned my sons about that as they headed off into the workforce. They found the same thing pretty much true.
Anyway...hanging out your own Shingle sounds like a pretty good idea.

I know whatever you do...you will be helping people. That is just your nature and your calling.

Bunny...glad that you will get some enjoyment out of the Quilting Show.
I use to go to those shows in the Spokane area...with my ex-mother in love. She was a fabulous quilter too. Wish I had some room in my apartment for all the fabric she had bought for quilting.
Gorgeous Stuff!

Julie...your garden area sounds like it is going to be lovely. We have a really cool thing that's going on around the Portland/Vancouver area. It's called Garden Barter and it is people that go on to a place like Craigs List Only it is For Fruits and Veggies and they barter with other
gardeners in the area. An example: Maybe you didn't have a good crop of Zuchinni but someone else did and so, you barter carrots and lettuce for zuchinni. I have seen them bartering for jars of jellies, jams and home made brew. I think it is a fabulous way to share and not waste one's produce.

Oh, girl your carwash story did remind me of an episode of I love Lucy. I could just see you dashing back there at breakneck speed trying to get that window back up. I am sure you didn't think it was too laughable until afterwards...LOL

Sorry to hear that you are still feeling down. Stress is the number one factor in depression. Exercise of any kind can help boost those endorfins. Gardening, walking, etc. It's when you feel like you can't do anything...that you really need to seek help. Praying for you!

I would love to see a picture of a heartshaped Cactus. How cool is that?
Today...I took a picture of a heart shaped piece of trash, a heart shape in the middle of the road where people had done fireworks, and a heart shape made out of rod-iron on a mailbox.
Also, two days ago my dog spit up water on the carpet and low and behold it was heartshaped. (yes, I took a picture of it too.) LOL

I still want those Eye Lashes for My Bug!!!
Do you think DH would notice???? Maybe not! He's not real perseptive. LOL

Judy...yeah my husband thinks that little flower holder would make a better ink pen holder. I noticed a blue ball point pen behind the Gerber Daisy a couple days ago. Men...way too funny!

It's funny that you mentioned your mama coming down with a strange rash...because tonight on the news they were saying that hundreds of people across the country were getting a mysterious rash from tatooing. Do you suppose your Mama went and got herself a "tat" when you all weren't looking? LOL Tell her that I like my Purple Cross Tatoo way better than I like my new denture. Hee hee! Unfortunaley that is true. There is soooo many reasons why I don't like this denture...but the main one is because it changed the shape of my mouth. And that I don't like because it doesn't look like me anymore.

You are only the 3rd person I have ever heard that admitted to their shingles flaring back up. I get flares once in awhile too and so does my mom. I think stress causes them to flare.
Did you have shingles in your mouth and hair? I had mine down my spine and around my bra-line to underneath my right boob. But when I get flare-ups...it is almost always on my legs. Weird huh?
Do you have nerve damage from your bout of shingles?

Hey, like I said, "It isn't the Name over the Building...God cares about." So just go...and as long as you feel spiritually fed that is what matters most.

WELCOME TO THE PORCH BERNADINE! Feel free to Lurk all you want...but I can tell you from experience that it is much more fun to come hang out with all the Other Porchies and share the chatter. These women will all become your friends and sisters...and you will discover that you don't want a day to go by with out gabben with 'em.
And getting in some funny discussions, praying for each other, venting when we need to and just plain sharing life in general.

Well, good for you buying a beehive. We have a few women who are into doing their own beekeeping. Keep us posted on how it all goes for you.

Megan...now, I would be more surprised if you said you didn't like one of your teachers and school was going to be a drag! *giggle* Because hey, we know that would so NOT BE YOU! LOL
Glad you have such a cheery and opptemistic view of school and life in general. It's fun seeing the World through your eyes.

OK...today I did sleep in about an hour longer than usual. Then dh an I went to Portland to my favorite Antique Mall and Cafe and I got some Retail Therapy! Loved that!!!

OK...I'm off to bed.
My gal that does my floors and bathrooms for me...will be here in the morning.

Hugs,
peg

Farmgirl #1326

Edited by - LadyInRed on Aug 23 2012 09:50:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 664 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page