Page: of 660

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

463 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
463 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:13:57 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy Friday everybody,
SOOO glad you found your jewelry Peggy! Your pic looks like art. what's that green mossy thingy? we have that stuff in our trees. lives on air i guess.
Hubby got a kick out of what you said about "if it tastes good, spit it out"...hubby LOVEs peach pie also, with pumpkin next. lol

Netty: We have our phone and internet thru Frontier. when the signal drops, the movie stops. no matter what you watch, a tv channel or movie on netflix, if ya lose the signal, your done til it comes thru again.

Dianne: had to LOL at your "what century they're linked to" just wish they would come down to earth and get up to date.

well, off for my walk...have a good day gals. should rain tonight, 50% chance, we'll see. got 5 more quarts of beans in the freezer, last of that from the garden. got 7 quarts of tomatoes in the freezer and looks like it might be the last of that too.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  08:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning

Got a text from my GF Connie. It is her son Michael that got e-coli. He is doing better and is off the breathing tube. He was able to get up and walk a little. He has a colotomy (spelling?) bag, but he should only need to be in the hospital another week. Please keep praying for him.

Julie I will keep both you DD and DH in prayer. My Dh went through something like that at work. If he can keep his cool, it will probably all work out. The hard part is his "keeping his cool".

Lyndsey thanks for the lemonade. I would love to go to Mackinac to. I love the movie Somewhere in Time.

Peggy LOL I have to laugh with you. The one thing I hate about moving is trying to remember where every thing got put. On one move a freid helped put away my kitchen. It took me a month to find every thing. LOl

We all must be on the same wave length. I was pretty down yesterday. That old devil was giving me fits. But God is triumphant and today is much better. The devil is still working though. My devotional that I read every morning is gone! God called to mind a scripture and it fit today. So God took care of me.

I Have a spinning lesson today, so i best get moving.

Peggy I have about 3 oz of alpaca that I did on the spindle. It is a fine yarn, sock weight. It has a few bumps and lumps as I am still learning. I can send that if you would like to play with it.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page

.Linz.
True Blue Farmgirl

118 Posts

Lindsey
Shippensburg Pennsylvania
USA
118 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  1:30:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ladies, we went to the library today... I can't help myself when I'm surrounded with so. many. good. books! so here's a picture of my stack...

In my defense, three are my sisterís , three are Momís, and though the rest are mine, 12 of them were checked out on a previous trip. Not pictured: two Bon Appťtit magazines and 5 DVDís. Also? I have more books on hold. Eek!

Now, off to make dinner, and a pineapple upside-down cake to take to a family reunion tomorrow!

"Be thou diligent to know the state of thy flocks, and look well to thy herds." - Prov. 27:23

Edited by - .Linz. on Aug 17 2012 1:31:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  2:23:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doo the same thing Lindsey, I just stopped there and pickup up three more from my hold list and I was there earlier this week and picked up five then. We still have a long list to go and it keeps on growing. I read one book and it references another and there I am putting a hold on it.

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  6:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Patsy, bet you are glad to get your veggies all done and in the freezer. That is a great accomplishment.
Lindsey, wow, that is alot of books!!!!
I worked today, again tomorrow, and then all next week. I am sure I will be hurting some by the end of the week. I am not used to working every day again. My son is on vacation, camping. Hopefully is is not too cold at night, in the 40s, but in the woods it always feels colder.
Right now I am taping the Hatfields and McCoys. I missed it when it was on the first time, so this time I am making sure I am home to tape all 3 parts. Part 2 tonight.
Have a great evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2012 :  10:30:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls,

Busy day today. Got up and got everybody sent off for their day. Got a load of towels washed and hung out, then the sprayer guy showed up to spray our field and the wind was blowing the fumes over to my towels so had to rewash towels. Made me so mad, I hate that we have to spray our fields anyway.

Started cleaning the bathroom, boy was it way passed due for a cleaning. Got dinner for the guys and myself. Ran to town to pick up a few things, came home and daughter Tiffany helped me unload the deep freezer so I could defrost it. We had to carry (in my little red wagon) some of the frozen things up to the big shed to our other freezer. Why do I have two freezers? My folks down sized a few years ago so I got the up right freezer. Sure does come in handy, especially when we freeze our sweet corn.

Now I am dragging my heels, so wished I could go to sleep. I have insomnia at this time and about the only way I can get to sleep is to take sleeping pills. Insomnia is bad, I just toss and turn in bed for a few hours then get up for couple more hours and then maybe I can get to sleep. On my dad's side of the family is where this came from. There are several of us that have it.

The way it is looking I may be pretty close to being done canning. My tomato plants are slowing down as are my cucumbers. Thanks to God I have plenty put up for the winter. As hot as it got here I was really surprised my plants and flowers survived as well as they did.

I think I will go read for awhile and maybe it will help me get drowsy.

Hope all of you had a great day today.

Netty

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6355 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6355 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  12:28:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Evening My Porchies...

Patsy...yes, I am so glad I found my Jewelry too. I was able to wear different earrings and necklace the last two days. That felt pretty good after wearing all gold or all silver for 2 months. I try to color coordinate my Jewelry with my outfit...so, to go two months with the same 4 pieces of Jewelry was wearisome for me. I love variety!!! It is the Spice of Life!

By the way...you better warn Judy that I am sending out The Porch Possie to track her down and drag her back to The Porch. LOL

Dianne...after being so excited about trying the alpaca you are going to think I am nuts turning down your offer...but I can't work with yarn that is sock weight...I have to use bigger needles and heavier weight yarn because of the Arthritis in my hands. But oh my goodness...I so appreciate your generous offer. If you ever get heavier weight let me know.

Lindsey...I use to bring that many books home from the Library and more when my kids were young and I read to them all the time. Now, I am so happy I have a Kindle Fire and don't have to lug big stacks any more. I am not a big fan of The Public Library myself...because it seems like the books I want to read, so do a million other people...and I got tired of being the 186th person to reserve a book. I could read a hundred books before I ever got one from the Library.
It was a godsend when my children were pre-school through Hight School age...but after that...I pretty much never go to a Library any more.

Welcome to The Porch Farmer Judy!! ...I am glad that there are still people that make use of the Public Libraries across the Nation.
We have a brand new Library here in The City of Vancouver and I went to check it out once it was open...and it is a fabulous Facility and I have even gone there to study...because it is peaceful and pleasant there but haven't checked out a book in about 25 years. LOL

Janet...You are so wonderful to work for your son so he can take some Vacation time...but oh, my I do not envy you. Didn't you share that you have
Fibro too?

That Hatfield and McCoys show looked like it was really going to be dramatic. One of the young gals in my Bible Study Married a Young Man in The Service...who is an
Actual decentant of The Hatfield Clan.
Let us know what you think of the Mini Series.

Netty...Man O' Man girl...where did you get all the energy today???? I'm tired just reading what you got accomplished. LOL
It was too hot here to do much of anything the last few days. We all just kind of hung out in the airconditioning as much as possible.

I did run errands with my youngest Son today. And I did manage to walk the dog before it got too bad outside.

Hey Patsy...I finally had my BLT!!! Only I forgot the L when I went to the Store...so I actually had a BAT. Bacon, Avacado, and Tomatoe...it was divine. Actually loved the Avacado better than Lettuce...so it just may become a permanent substitute for my favorite Sandwhich.

Ok my Lovelies...not much more to talk about tonight.

sweetest dreams,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:47:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm here....better late & slow than never, right?

Peggy, glad you found your jewelry. I can't say I'm like you...if I change my earrings too much, I get infection so I just leave them in lol. And necklaces & bracelets don't work well on me (my neck is short & fat unfortunately). So I just put earrings in & that's it.

Netty - grape jelly sounds so yummy!

Megan - How was Irish Fest? That sounds like so much fun!

Dianne (ID) - hope your friends son is doing better.

Lindsey - I like that stack of books! lol I used to get a whole bunch (although I'm not sure I got that many all at once! I couldn't carry them on my bike or walking home from the library!) but when I was growing up, our library was only open on Tuesdays.

Netty - sorry you had to wash your towels again. That sucks. Why do you have to get your field sprayed if you don't like it/don't want it? I try to clean my bathroom at least once a week...but I'm only one person (and a girl!) so it doesn't usually get too icky. I hope you were able to fall asleep. If, for some reason, reading doesn't work for me (it works in the middle of the day!), then I start praying & eventually I do go to sleep. I also listen to a Solitudes CD at night time all night as well (I have a few to choose from lol).

Someone (I can't remember who) wanted the recipes for the cherry jams that I made...here are the links:
cherry pit vinegar
Spiced Cherry Jam
Black Cherry Espresso Jam
I'm also going to attempt to make some cherry salsa today. Since it's nicer weather out than last weekend, I'm going to try re-setting my jam (since it's more like syrup right now), and if it doesn't work, then oh well. It will be syrup.

Thursday evening/Friday weren't my greatest days...but something is a little "off" in my body - I can just feel it. The more I've been reading about chemicals & meds, the less I want to be on them! I know that I will likely have to be on thyroid for the rest of my life, but I'm looking at other options for my PCOS & the 4 meds I'm on for that . Thankfully I'm feeling better today, so hopefully.

Well, I'm off to make some bread, finish my jam, and maybe do some laundry - I should, since it's nice out. I'll check back in later. Have a great morning Porchies!

Life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

Cherime
True Blue Farmgirl

1222 Posts

Cherime
Wasilla Alaska
USA
1222 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:47:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. Hoping for a halfway descent day in order to get some outside work done. The leaves are turning and it won't be long.
Blessings all.

CMF
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  05:57:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lyndsey--love that stack of books! Looks like some good reading! We haven't been to the library since we moved here last August. We really need to go check out our library here. We used to check out stacks and stacks at a time when the kids were little. People would look at us like we were crazy. We loved reading those picture books together!

Netty--how frustrating with the towels and the spray! Nuts! What a bother. Wish y'all didn't have to spray either.

We got some rain on Wednesday. A big thunderstorm. Our grass and fields are looking so lush and green right now. It's quite beautiful. The temps have been pretty mild the past couple of days, so it's been quite heavenly around here.

Going to work at the 4-H food stand this morning as a family with our 4-H group. This should be fun!!!

Hope y'all have a wonderful Saturday!

~Hugs,
April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

sonshine4u
Chapter Guru

1205 Posts

April
New Prague MN
USA
1205 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  06:05:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more thing, I watched the mini-series of Hatfields and Mccoys. It's pretty violent and it's really sad. Goes to show you how holding grudges is nothing but trouble! Better to forgive and forget!!! Is it worth watching? I don't know. It's a lot of time to get your heart wrapped up in these characters and then it just gets sadder and sadder. I realize this is history, so if you want to know the nitty gritty from a theatrical perspective, then I would watch it. Otherwise, you might want to spend your time doing something else. Anywho, I enjoyed the actors very much and it was really well done. Just a very, very sad story.

~April

Playing in the Sonshine
Go to Top of Page

GirlwithHook
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Alyce
Madison WI
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  06:43:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lindsey, I'm jealous!

Pam, those sound so yummy! I hope you feel better soon.

What a week. The sewer backed up at work. My boss decided to stay out in New York for two more weeks, so more overtime for me--but her husband doesn't want to pay me for it. I was already exhausted and stressed, and now trying to collect my pay triggered a total meltdown last night. I am dreading the follow-up phone call today.

At least Ric loves his new job--and when "that girl" contacted him the other day asking if he wanted a key to her apartment, he replied, "I told you never to contact me again!"

A hook, a book, and a good cup of coffee....
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  07:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok ladies, I have a weird question. Are cherry preserves & cherry jam the same thing? I did post this in the kitchen forum too, but maybe you'll all know! I don't want to go to the store to buy it if it's the same as what I'm fixing! I don't think I need any more cherry jams around! lol

"When I grow up, I want to be dirt." seen on a box through construction in Wyoming 2010
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  07:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello ladies and Happy Saturday Morning!

We got rain! Buckets and buckets of rain! I almost forgot what it looked like! At one point my daughter and I just stood on our porch and watched. We also got lots of lightening, very loud thunder and hail. So our electricity went off several times last night and I wasn't able to post this receipe.
(and it's still raining and rumbling, and the radar shows another nasty cell moving thru so I better get this out while I can)
Give this a try, it's very easy and very good.

Lemon Blueberry Bars

Ingredients:
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1 can Lemon Creme Pie filling
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 can blueberry pie filling

heat oven to 350. prepare a 13x9 inch baking pan (they said line with foil, I used cooking spray)
In a bowl combine butter,sugar,vanilla,and salt: mix well. Gradually stir in flour until smooth
Press dough evenly over bottom of pan. Bake for 20 mins until edges are lightly brown.
In a bowl combine Lemon pie filling with sweetened condensed milk, mix well. Spoon mixture evenly over crust. (I didn't wait for it to cool, and receipe didn't say either way)
Spoon blueberry filling over top.
Bake at same temp for 15 mins. cool in pan on wire rack. Enjoy!

As I said my daughter did this for home ec, it was easy and turned out very yummy.

Well, I better sign off, it's looking really ugly out my window! Thankful for the rain!

Blessings!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

Farmer Judy
True Blue Farmgirl

433 Posts

Judy
North Aurora IL
USA
433 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  2:24:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just finished shredding 24 cups of squash for winter use. Got the kids to do and finish their chores. I even got the tent in the back yard taken down by myself with no problem. It's a good saturday here. And on top of it all it is so nice today I turned the air off and opened up all the windows. Hello fall!

God bless,

Judy
Farmgirl #3666

Born a city girl but a farm girl at heart!

http://farmtimes.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Netty
True Blue Farmgirl

379 Posts

Lynette
Hardy Nebraska
USA
379 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  5:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls,

I got a little creative today, I can always surprise myself sometimes!
I bought a small photo album a while back so I could put my postcards that I have been getting through a swap I joined. To tell you the truth it is not very pretty and the reason I bought it is it was on sale. So there I was sitting at my desk looking at it and thought I should write down what all these postcards are for. This is when the creativness popped into my head. I have some little letter stickers so I put Farmgirls Postcard Swap 2012 on it and some flower stickers one with a pretty butterfly on one of the flowers. I'm sitting here looking at it and still can't believe how cute it turned out!!

F. Judy....I have had my windows up for three days now and I am loving every minute. I like to listen to the birds and all of the other outside noises.

Peggy....You are getting the heat we had and I know what you mean about trying to stay in the house. I guess that is why I have so much energy now, I can go outside and inside and it isn't to bad at all.

Alyce....Do people really think you work overtime because you want to and you want to be away from home, family and other FUN activities. Really!! I am sure he was happy with the work you got done, so now I say pay up mister.

Pam....we spray our crops here to kill the weeds, and put fertilizer on so it will grow like crazy and we will get more grain. The reason I do not like to do all of that is it gets into our grain foods and livestock. Then in turn we eat it. It also kills bad bugs, but it kills good bugs also. I keep hearing that honey bees are disappearing and THEY cannot figure out why. I will tell you why, they fly into these fields that have chemical all in them and it kills them. Sorry, I get carried away when I talk about these things. Anyway that is why I don't like spraying our fields.
Farmers have been doing this for so many years now they think they cannot change.

Cherime....I cannot believe the leaves are turning already!! We are still doing summer pretty good here. Just amazes me.

April...I would love to get some rain here. On the news they said this is the worst drought since back in the 30's or 50's. Like goes on don't it.

Shanda....you are making my mouth water with that receipe you put on for the bars. I just might have to try them.

Well my supper just walked in, kids went to get pizza. They know how to keep mama happy.

You all take care

Netty
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah I didn't realize you were talking about crops. I thought you were just talking about a random pasture field thing lol. And I totally agree with your conclusions about chemicals & sprays & "nastiness".

Go to Top of Page

knittinchick
True Blue Farmgirl

1854 Posts

Megan
Wisconsin
1854 Posts

Posted - Aug 18 2012 :  7:58:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone!
Dianne, I'll keep Michael in my prayers.
Lindsey, that's a lot of books! Looks like a stack I would check out! Enjoy reading all of them.
Pam, Irish Fest was great! Listening to Irish music was great, and I caught a few minutes of a couple of different dance school shows. And I was able to get a claddagh ring, which I've wanted for a while. So it was definitely a successful trip!
Netty, I hope you're able to get some good sleep!
Well girls, the countdown is officially on. Three more days of vacation, and my junior year is on! I'll hopefully be able to continue stopping on the porch at least once or twice a week, but even if I'm not able to get on, I'm always thinking of you! I hope everyone has great Sundays!
God's and Farmgirl's Blessings,
Megan

At heart, I am both a sassy city girl and a down-home country gal.

The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.
Go to Top of Page

tea_lady_tammy
True Blue Farmgirl

1459 Posts

Tammy
NE
USA
1459 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  1:44:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Sunday, girls!

I have actually had a day where I was not cleaning or moving... Yesterday it rained so needed that so hubby couldn't contiue cleaning up and putting away out in barns so he hung all my pictures Bless that man he knows I never think it is home until the teacups, pictures, and curtains are hung. I have a lady coming to look at four rooms for curtains. I really don't know what to do. She is mom of one of my butterflies and does it for a living. She is also going to look at my grandma's rocking chair and help me make it look pretty. We ordered all new appliances for our kitchen since the ones in there don't work well. I was never so happy as to give the keys to the old farm to the new owner. I didn't even look back. I just love our new little house.

Peggy I had to laugh at you and your jewelry. That is me looking for my camera...I am sure it is stashed away somewhere casue all the boxes are empty now. For the life of me I have no clue where I stuck it. Reminder take better notes..and never move again.

Welcome to all the new ladies. So glad to have yall with us. This is the most wonderful porch.

Judy..you best high tail your behind back to the porch. Peggy is threatening the porch posse...Lord have mercy if they get on the run for you

Start school on Tuesday with my new set of butterflies...20 this year...biggest class in a while. God has blessed our school richly with increased enrollment. We are all excited. I am sure I will have stories to tell yall...they just are so darn cute and make me laugh.

well my dear dryer is calling my name so I best skedaddle now.
love to you all
Tammy

Tea is like being in the stars with God.

Visit my blog~Wings of Joy http://frommyteacup.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jan49829
True Blue Farmgirl

2422 Posts

Janet
Winter Haven Florida
USA
2422 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  4:42:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all, Been busy working for my son, will be working all week. He invited us out to camp and he made steaks for us. They were sooooo good. I did not have to cook today, that was a treat. Gotta hop in the shower, I smell like campfire smoke now and I can't stand it. Hard on my lungs.
Peggy, I don't have fibro, but I have a bone disease where I have severe blood loss to the bone and the joints crumble apart. I had both hips and my right shoulder total replacements all within 16 months, before that it was 2 1/2 years in a wheelchair.I also have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. I know all about pain, and it is hard for me sometimes to sit or stand too long. Cold weather is very hard on my bones and hot weather is too hard on my lungs. Can't win.
Have a wonderful evening,

Janet
Farmgirl Sister #3340

http://hardatworkcrafts.blogspot.com

http://Jan49829.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3361 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3361 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2012 :  7:05:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got a moment to get on and chat and it's thundering&lightening! Gotta turn this thing off and unplug it or Hubs will yell at me.
I'll be back tomorrow.....Promise Peg.....& TLTammy! *giggle*

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"Hey...Don't Make Me Put My Hands On My Hips!"

Edited by - herblady55 on Aug 19 2012 7:07:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6355 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6355 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  12:05:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello My Porch Girlies...

Well we have had a drastic weather change from the heat.
Hang on...going over to my Sticky Notes before the computer
eats all my thoughts and words. LOL

Anyway, with the weather change I didn't feel too great yesterday and even worse today. It is the first pajama day that I have had for a very long time. I did take the dog on our short walk today but then came home and got back in my PJ's and went back to bed. Then when I got back up...I stayed in my pj's
after a good hot shower to give my muscles a little relief.
Pkgd up all my yoyos for a Swap, did two loads of laundry and then just hung around. My DH went to Barnes and Noble alone today (it's always good to have a little break from each other once in awhile anyway.)

Tomorrow...I hope to go out shopping and run some errands on my own. I look forward to that "ME" time every payday. I go to all the places my DH hates to go with me and just enjoy myself...and leisurely shop.

Janet...the reason I asked if you have Fibro or not is because your symptoms sound just like mine...minus the deteriating joints and blood loss to the bones. Wow girl...I am so happy that you no longer have to be in a wheelchair. That is a Freedom regained!
I use to have to walk with a cane...for 3 yrs because of Balance issues...but then found out that one of The Fibro meds was causing the problem. So, I quit the medication.

Teacher Tammy...PTL for a day of not cleaning or moving...feels great doesn't it!!! That camera will show up when you least expect it to...and where you forgot you put it. LOL

You sound like me...when it comes to not feeling like the new place is home until the pictures are hung and the pretties set out. I still need to hang a kitchen valance and my husbands curtains for him. But first I have to be able to get to his window. LOL
Oh, 20 new Butterflies...can't wait to hear some of the stories you'll have to share with us.

Miss Megan...you must be getting ready for school too huh? I hope you can make it on here a little more often than last year...but if not we'll know your are busy busy busy!

Judy Judy Judy...it's about time you popped on...even for just a minute to let us know it was thundering and lightening and keeping you off the 'puter. Hey, don't YOU make me put my hands on my hips!!! LOL

Well, I am reading 4 really good books right now. One is a true story called "The Devil in Pew 7"
And that is an appropriate title to this story.
The next is called "The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott". love all stories by her and about her. The third is an Amish Novel called "The Half-Stitched Amish Quilting Club" by Wanda Brunstetter and the fourth one is a Novel by Tedd Decker called "Imannuels Veins".
All very diverse (that is how I can keep them straight)
and all good in their own genre.

OK...I'm off to put my folded cloths away and hit the sack to read...the question is which book????? LOL

Hugs and giggles,
peggy

Farmgirl #1326
http://ladyinredsite.blogspot.com

"Leave Your Cares Behind...Join Us On The Porch"

"I'm only as strong as the caffeine I drink, the hair-spray I use and the Girlfriends that I have."

When I was a lonely wallflower, Jesus asked me to dance. Then he asked me to be His!
Go to Top of Page

shanda
True Blue Farmgirl

522 Posts

Shanda
Broken Bow OK
USA
522 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  03:46:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peggy, I'm right there with you on the Fibro: it has been kicking my but! I missed morning Church services because my get up and go was completely gone! Evening Church was hard, sitting still in the pews is hard with this much pain. Work today will be a challange but my bosses understand, they have a sister who had Fibro. This time of year is so rough! I hope you get to feeling better!

Shanda

Farmgirl #4233
Go to Top of Page

22angel
True Blue Farmgirl

498 Posts

Pam
Manitoba
Canada
498 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  06:28:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning ladies. I'm not feeling so well - tired way too much for my liking. I'm not sure if it's all the medications I'm on, or if something is "off" or what is going on exactly....but whatever it is sure kicking my butt! I really dislike being tired all the time. A lot of days I wish I could just curl up on the couch & sleep :s. Or at least, just lay there & pretend I'm sleeping. Anyhow. I have a dr appt on Thursday, I just gotta make it that long! Hope you all have a good day!

Go to Top of Page

DEW
True Blue Farmgirl

317 Posts

Dianne
Weiser Idaho
USA
317 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2012 :  07:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning

Just on for a minute.
I have meetings at work today. That is how the first day back always is.
Freshman start Wednesday and the rest on Thursday.

Hope eveyone had a great weekend. I will be back to catch up on all the news.

Dianne (ID)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 660 A Farm of My Own:  VIrtual Porch Sitting - Come Join Us! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page